Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flwrs4ever

UPDATE: May Birthday Buddies Extravaganza

flwrs4ever
15 years ago

Happy Birthday to our Birthday Buddies !!

Soonergrandmom ..... May 2

Nikkineel ..... May 17

Carol57078 ..... May 23

micrey ..... May 27

We have someone on the kids swap also !!

Austin ........ May 5

The Pinata is scheduled to be mailed every two weeks, and is still going !!

Happy Mailboxing, and thanks to you all for making this such a wonderful swap. REMEMBER you can MAIL ALL month, there IS no being LATE !! We want to make the buddies feel special ALL month.

MAY BUDDIES, PLEASE POST YOUR WISH LIST HERE BY MAY 1ST. No posting on this thread otherwise till the 1st of May !

Comments (90)

• piksi_hk
    14 years ago

{{gwi:1264423}}

Happy birthday May babies!

Sue, please show pictures when you get back. Just love to see vacation pictures.

For you ladies with addictions and life-changing situations, know that you are in our prayers. There are prayer warriors on GW and would love to lift you up in prayer.

Betsy

• Michelle Reynolds
    14 years ago

hello
    I got three great envies today...OOOO I feel so special

Ishareflowers--- sent
    columbines-
    black barlow & yellow orgomi
    flowering cabbage (very prity)
    salvia - lady in red
    verbena bonesarisi(I can't wait to get these in the ground)
    coriopsis - sunrise surprem
    cosmos scarlet
    zinnias

alwaysagarden sent.....
    zinnias elegans
    larkspurs
    lupines
    love the pink pumps(He He He) do you garden in those?

Diana (what is your screen name??) sent
    a great hand made card :)
    asters crego
    alyssum rosie o'day

thank you very much and big huggs to all three of you, and thanks for all the birthday wishes

I just love mail boxing

michelle

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    14 years ago

Miceyrey,

I'm happy to see that your card made it to you. I hope you enjoy growing all of them.

Lisa

ps: That's coreopsis sunrise superman, sorry you couldn't read my writing. I was hurrying when I packed them up.

• dimples31312
    14 years ago

Hello Everyone,
    Hope everyone has a great Mothers Day weekend!

Make sure to Thank all the special women in your life!
    Hugs
    Dorothy

• mneel
    14 years ago

Hi all! I am really gw id: nikkineel...
    To explain the new screen name: My DH joined the forum for some pool information and apparently when he signed on, he must've checked some option where every time we get onto the internet and go to gw, we are already signed in under his name. I don't know how to sign out and come on under my name (nikkineel). Anyone have any ideas? Before he started his account, I would just have to sign in every time I came to gw and never "signed out".
    AGGHH, I'm going to be repeating that message A LOT until we get this thing fixed.
    Anyway, I wanted to post to say that I received some GREAT cards and goodies this week.
    Shropshire_lad sent the sweetest handmade card with yellow dalily seeds, marigold crackerjack, Rudbeckia Double Gold, and Blue Fringe Daisy seeds. Thanks so much, JJ. These are going to be a nice addition to the garden:)
    Lisa (ishareflowers) sent the following hosta seeds: Colossal, Ebbtide, Senboldious elegans, Sea octopus, and Abbyson. (Sorry if I mispelled any of those - I wrote them all down to post and now I can't read my own writing)
    Pink Peony Poppy and Nigella Hot fudge sundae. I've been wanting some named hostas. I have lots of shade in the front yard and can't wait to see them grow.
    Cindy (alwaysagarden) send Blue Nigella and Lupine - these are two of my really big wants:)
    Thanks so much Cindy, Lisa, and JJ. You guys sure are quick! I am so excited about each and every one!
    Nik

• alwaysagarden
    14 years ago

Happy Mother's Day!!!

Cindy : )

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    14 years ago

Nik,

At the very top of the gw screen page there is a spot that says LOG OUT, just log out of his name and sign back in. Also, did Sarah Kate get her card too? I'm pretty sure I put it in there.

Lisa

• andreaz6wv
    14 years ago

Hi and Happy Mothers Day,

I am still busy. The market went well last week. I enjoy doing it, but it is a lot of work!! I don't know if I will do it next year or not. I do well from the house and enjoy doing it that way just as much.

I sold 2 trays of eggplant plants, which was very surprising to me. I also sold no pepper plants, which was surprising as well. Tomatoes did well of course.

I sent Kym an e-mail. I think the pinata is ready to go again :) I have it ready!!

Take care,
    Andrea

• Michelle Reynolds
    14 years ago

hello
    and Happy Mothers Day

I got another card yesterday YAY
    this one is from
    shropshire_lad
    in the card was
    asters- tiger paws(I love the name)
    yellow daylilies
    sunflowers maxmilian
    merigolds cracker jacks
    thanks for thinking of me
    michelle

• carol57078
    14 years ago

I've received two birthday cards in the mail
    shropshire_lad sent marigolds, asters,yellow daylilys, and milkweed. Thank you very much!!!
    dirt dushess send salad seeds, thank you.
    Thanks for all the birthday wishes, Carol

• nikkineel
    14 years ago

Hi all! Look! I'm back under the right name but not before lots of trying and failing. Anyway, I received the sweetest card from Pat (Dirtduchess). She sent me an assortment of 30 different kinds of lettuce seeds. I really wanted to try an assortment like this and can't wait for an awesome harvest - I LOVE salads! Thanks again, Pat, Nik

• alwaysagarden
    14 years ago

Andrea,
    That is so cool you are able to sell your plants at the Farmers Market. I too would love to start something like this and was wondering how you got started. We have many people in town who garden and love to grow there own fresh vegetables as well as flowers.

Cindy

• colcol
    14 years ago

Andrea, I'd sure buy those pepper plants if I was there! I meant to start lots of things, but this full time job is sure stealing my play time! So... my pepper seeds haven't got planted yet and guess I'll be buying plants! BUT my gourds are doing great and some flowers!!! So, guess I can't do it all and I'm thankful for what i did have the time to do...
    How often will you do the Farmers Market?
    I'm so excited -- am going to a Flea Market Saturday (if weather cooperates) I haven't been in YEARS! So, I'll be looking for plants & things -- just so much fun to see what they got! :)

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi Everyone, I bet you all are out in the gardens ! It has done nothing but rain here for about 3 weeks now, and even tho the rain isnt here at the moment it is cold, and cloudy.

I have had a virus the last week, so havent been online too much, and I have to tell you, there is an AWESOME farm town game on facebook. You grow, harvest, build your farm, and have your friends as neighbors...sooo anyone want to come play, id love to "farm" with ya..LOL

Also, I have the address for Morgan, and those that emailed me, ill send it soon. Her mom took a bit to respond to me, I cant imagine her schedule.

I recd a real cute picture card from dirtduchess, with 30 kinds of lettuce seed !! Thanks so much ! I cant wait to enjoy the lettuce ! Dirtduchess, I am so glad you are feeling better too !

I hope everyone is doing well...check in when you can, I know this is a very busy time for everyone !

Happy bday to our MAY BUDDIES, and keep Mailboxing !!

(also, please report to me, if your mailing this month)

• sassybutterfly_2008
    14 years ago

Dirtduchess I received your lovely card w/ the lettuce assortment as well! Thanks so much for thinking of me and sharing that w/ my family!

Hugs!
    Wendy

• taz56
    14 years ago

Thank you! Dirtduchess, received my b-day card and veggie
    seed thank you very much! Pretty Card! :)
    Susan

P.S. May babies forgive me I am mailing late,
    but there a come n' lol!

• suecirish
    14 years ago

Hi Everybody,
    I'm back from my trip to Ireland, and it has been a crazy hectic week. Trying to recover from the 5 hour time difference and remember to drive on the proper side of the road. But I have managed to get a few of my pictures in order, so I thought I'd post just a couple. The country is just as beautiful and green as everyone says. These photos were taken in County Meath.

The River Boyne near Newgrange
    {{gwi:1264425}}From IrelandTrip2009

The ruins of the old monastery (c500 AD) on the Hill of Slane
    {{gwi:1264426}}From IrelandTrip2009

A view of Trim Castle where part of the movie Braveheart was filmed
    {{gwi:1264427}}From IrelandTrip2009

• proudgm_03
    14 years ago

I received a lovely card and lettuce seeds from dirtduchess. Thank you for the lettuce seed. I love the fresh lettuce you only get from growing your own!

• dimples31312
    14 years ago

Sue... Love your pictures! Hope you had a great trip.
    Maybe one day ....LOL
    Oh well I can dream.
    Dorothy

• alwaysagarden
    14 years ago

Sue,
    Thank you so much for the pictures! I've always wanted to go to Ireland myself.
    Hope you can post more when you have the time.

Cindy : )

• suecirish
    14 years ago

Happy Birthday Nikki - Hope its a wonderful day!
    {{gwi:1264428}}From scrapbook

• chellflower
    14 years ago

Happy Birthday Nikki!

And belated happy BDay Soonergrandmom!!!

• colcol
    14 years ago

I GOT IT! I GOT IT!! tHE Pinata box arrived! ;))
    We were gone for the weekend and when got home it was here waiting for me! Oh it was so much fun!!! I'll post again when have more time to re-sort thru it. Just a quick note for now to tell you all it ARRIVED! Thanks so much!!!

AND A HAPPY BIRTHDAY YESTERDAY TO NIKKINEEL!!!!!!!!!!!

• ncgardengirl
    14 years ago

Happy BIRTHDAY NIKKI!!!

• mommyto2
    14 years ago

HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY NIKKI!!

Beautiful pictures, Sue. I hope you had a great time and tell us more about it :0)

I'm running behind (like always) but I'm sending my b-day cards tomorrow!

I wish all of our May babies a blooming birthday month!

Also wanted to thank Pat (patrushka) for the really cute birthday card and the poppy lauren's grape and agastache golden jubilee seeds. Thank you pat!!

Patsy (dirtduchess), thanks you a bunch for the lettuce seeds and the really pretty card. I'll get the lettuce started asap!

Monica

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Nikki, Id like to wish you a very special Bday ...and I hope you have a GREAT year.

Looking forward to hearing what you did yesterday !

Sorry for no pic, still keeping away from photobucket.

ColCOl, Im so glad you were surprised ! You have plenty of time, so enjoy...and cant wait to hear what ya found, and took from the PINATA.

How is everyone ? I am blue with all this rain...calling for it all Memorial day weekend too...*sigh*

My daughter is going to her JR prom this weekend, and then we have her best friend for the past 10 years Graduating.

I hope you are all well, and are getting out in your gardens.

• aphroditelaughs
    14 years ago

I got a beautiful card from Dirtduchess, with apologies for being late (don't worry, I'm still putting together my April and May cards! I hate getting behind!). She sent a mix of 30 lettuce varieties. I am really excited. I never know which lettuce to get, and I get overwhelmed by the catalog descriptions. This will give me an opportunity to try a bunch and see what I like in lettuce, so I know what to look for.

Thank you!

• rbrady
    14 years ago

Happy Birthday to all the May babies! Hope you all have a great month!

Rhonda

• carol57078
    14 years ago

Happy birthday Nikki!!!
    I received a wonderful card from piksi_hk with gerbera daisy and texas blue bonnet, thanks Carol

• patrushka
    14 years ago

Happy Birthday May Babies!!!

Sorry for not posting this sooner.

Pat

• colcol
    14 years ago

Hi! I had time to enjoy the PINATA box and take my time with it. Ok, here goes:
    What I took:
    Awesome plant markers!
    The absolutely BEST smellin 2 oz lotion -- JASMINE VANILLA -- I LOVE IT!
    PINK gardening gloves! My BOYS will NOT take these PINK gloves!!! YEH!!!
    And a pkg of computer papers with the most beautiful COLORFUL flowers! One of my hobbies is foreign penpals and I'm gunna luv rambling on & on about gardening on this stationery!
    And there was a FLOWERS mini 2009 calendar that I can sure use!

And for seeds:
    Apple Gourd - THANK YOU, THANK YOU!
    Egg Gourd - YES! THANK YOU! (i'm currently obsessed with gourds!
    Beauty Berry
    Columbine - purple/white
    White Marigolds
    Morning Glory Flying Saucers

Oh, I'm glad I don't need to rush it off immediately -- I think it'll take me a day or 2 to arrange and rearrange all the stuff to go. It is very well stuffed! I may have to find smaller items than what I really wanted to include!

Wish you could send some of your extra rain my way, flwrs4ever!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAY PEOPLE!

oh, I will be getting my May bds in the mail on Wed. That is my plan anyway!

• patrushka
    14 years ago

Dan the mailman sent me seeds marked Cleome in the Secret Santa Swap. I didn't think they looked like Cleome seeds. I winter sowed them to see what they were. These are the cute little seedlings I got. Do you know what they really are Dan? Anyone? You can click on the pic for a larger image.

{{gwi:388601}}

Thanks,
    Pat

• Michelle Reynolds
    14 years ago

hello
    my old computer got broken so I have been trying to get a new comp and new ISP I now have a diffrent e-mail.
    I also lost all my old e-mails and address.
    could I please get a new e-mail of the address for the birthday babies for may, I know I'm late sending but this whole computer thing has thrown me for a loop
    thanks
    and if anyone sent me a card and I didn't post I'm sorry I appritiat them all even if I forgot to post a thank you
    michelle

• nikkineel
    14 years ago

Hi all! Just stoppin in to say thank you all so much for the birthday wishes! I had a great day in the garden - my idea of perfect. The weather has really been cool this week. We were supposed to get lots of rain but so far, we are still pretty dry. I have had a great month and I really appreciate coming here and seeing the happy birthday wishes! Nik

• colcol
    14 years ago

Hi! after reading up on beauty berry, found it is for notta my zone, so am trading it for Marketmore76 Cucumber. I'm planting a little LATE this yr, but hopefully they can get going before the horrid heat arrives!
    Thank you to whoever put them in! :)

• nikkineel
    14 years ago

I received 2 cards today!!!
    From Rhonda (Rbrady)I received seeds for my bible garden: Nigella Sativa (Egyptian black cumin), Nigella damascena Miss Jekyll, and cetranthus ruber (Jupiter's beard). She also sent Aster drummondii. You really put some thought into these. I really appreciate you thinking of me.
    From Lisa (Lisam627_ohio_26), I received a pretty card with polka dot bachelor's button, Cleome rose queen, and a beautiful celosia mix. I love everything. My cleome didn't come back this year so I am happy to be able to grow some more.

Thanks so much to both of you. I really appreciate your kindness:) Nik

• aphroditelaughs
    14 years ago

I got a pretty card from Lisa (Lisam627_ohio_26), with Baptisia australis and three kinds of Dahlia! I adore dahlias, and had a few that did not make it through the winter. Thank you!

• nikkineel
    14 years ago

Yahoo! I got more 2 cards today.
    One was from Susan (Taz56). She sent lots of stickers and a Winnie the Pooh (love it!). She sent tons of seeds: Belle Blanche Datura, hardy white hibiscus, Gloriosa lily, Chocolate Joe pye, Red mandavilla vine, White sanchez Crepe mertle, Cherry red crepe, petunias, and birdhouse so seeds. Susan, you are gonna have to tell me about the birdhouse seeds - I've never seen them before:) I can't wait to go look some of these up. Others I've been wishing for for awhile. I'm thrilled! THANK YOU!!!!
    Amy (morguegirl)also sent me some of my most wanted seeds: Dahlia collarette mix, Anise basil, peony poppy, and perilla. I've seen the dahlia colarette and wanted to grow some. Also the perilla is going to be delicious! THANKS so much both of you. I love them! I am going to have to get an upgrade on my seedbox. I've gotten so many new seeds this month! Nik

• taz56
    14 years ago

Hi! got a pretty b-day card from Lisa
    with hardy hibiscus,beans,tomato yum
    thank you Lisa.
    Also got a pretty card from Pat with
    hibiscus and a cute peom,Thank you Lol!
    Susan

• suecirish
    14 years ago

Happy Birthday Carol57078, Sorry It's a day late. Hope you had a wonderful day, that will continue all year.
    {{gwi:1264429}}From scrapbook

• dan_the_mailman
    14 years ago

NIKKI, CAROL, MICHELLE & CAROL... I'm sending out your envies of seeds on Tuesday, and wanted to warn you. The envelope I'm sending them in is ALSO the seed packet! SURPRISE! LOL! So, when you're ready to plant, clear a spot, open the envelope, and plant your garden. They're all seeds I collected in my garden last year, so you're getting a bit of Northern Michigan for your birthday! I hope you like what grows...

Pat, I've been trying to think of what I may have sent you thinking it was cleome, but I can't come up with what those seedlings are. Could they possibly be dianthus? Anyone?

Proudgm, if you're still wanting some help with losing weight, see if there's a Weight Watchers meeting near you. I went 3 years ago and lost 50 pounds in 6 months. I just re-joined again to lose more this time. It's almost scary how much weight you can gain without seeing it happen, but it does. I'm just glad I've got somewhere to go to lose it! Good luck on quitting smoking too!

Have a great weekend everyone!
    -Dan

• carol57078
    14 years ago

I had a wonderful birthday. The kids came up camping and we spent the weekend together. I have a son and daughter and three teenage grandkids and of course DH. I have receive two more wonderful cards. One from Lisam627_ohio_26 with asters,flowering kale and alyssum. Thank you. Also one from taz56 with manevilla and some seed envelopes, which were really neat. Thanks alot. Carol

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Carol, Happy Bday...I am sorry I am late too. So glad you enjoyed your special day ! Camping sounds like a great way to spend the day , esp with your family !

OK, June month is posted...PLEASE, POST YOUR WISHES JUNE BUDDIES ! ALSO, let me know if you dont get the email..going out today. :)

• dan_the_mailman
    14 years ago

(chuckle, snort, guffaw) I posted some "cakes" for June, if anyone wants one... (giggle)

• Michelle Reynolds
    14 years ago

hello
    well with all my computer problems and trying to catch up with 4 swaps I have not had time to post all my thank yous.
    if I miss anyone please forgive me.
    Ishareflowers - thank you very much
    alwaysagarden - thanks bunches
    diana - huggs and thanks
    shropshirelad - thank you thank you
    plant-one-on-me- thank you and a hugg
    lisam627 - big thanks
    rbrady- thanks bunches and a hugg
    taz56 - bunches of thanks and huggs

I have had so much fun mailboxing all month, I will get started on my june cards soon so I'm not late this month

michelle

• suecirish
    14 years ago

Happy Birthday, Michelle!

• highalttransplant
    14 years ago

Sent out a couple of birthday wishes yesterday. I'm sorry for them being so late, but May was an incredibly busy month, between all of the end of school activities, summer baseball starting up for the kids, and trying to plant out the 100+ containers of wintersown sprouts, I haven't had much time to play with my seeds : )

Hope all of the May birthdays enjoyed their special day, and had fun mailboxing!

Bonnie

• aphroditelaughs
    14 years ago

I was so bummed that I couldn't get on the site last night, because I really wanted to post a thank you. Diva Heather sent me a card with Nigella sativa, Prunella, and Akebia! Thank you so much! These are high on my want list!

• carol57078
    14 years ago

I have been busy mailboxing, thanks to everyone for sending seeds for my birthday.

highalttransplant send penstemon compactum, gay butterflies, and profusion apricot. They were on my wish list, thanks a million.
    suecirish sent gerber daisys and gaillardia (orange and lemon) they were also on my wish list, wonderful.
    appaloose909 sent giant toto gaillardia and diathus, I can't wait to wintersow them next winter. Thank you.
    Also recieved seed mix from dan the mailman, will be looking forward to see what they are. Thank you, Dan.
    playintheyard sent hollyhocks and liatris, I lost a lot of my hollyhock so these will be an added bonus.
    Everyone has been so caring and I really appriate all the surprises. I can't thank you all enough. You are a great bunch of GWers.

• nikkineel
    14 years ago

I have a lot to post - I can't believe all of the seeds you all have sent me. I am absolutely humbled...

Dimples31312 (Dorothy) sent: Dahlia, Love in a mist, and lavender sachet seeds. Thanks also for the sweet card - I really love that scripture and plant on memorizing it:)
    Playintheyard (Annette) sent: Kniofia, Gloriosa Daisy, petunia wave seeds, love the pretty card, too! These will be my first petunia from seed. They've been on my wishlist for some time.
    Aphroditelaughs (Ellie) sent Zucchini Ronde de Nice, Baptisia wild blue indigo, poppy black cloud, tall red salvia and petunia prism sunshine hybrid (been aching to get some yellow petunias!) I can't wait to see the black poppy.
    Appaloosa909 (Andrea) sent Nigella and peony poppy (light and dark pink). I grew my first poppies this year and am now addicted:)
    SueIrish (Sue) sent Nigella Love in a mist, and stokesia Stoke's Aster "Peachee's Pick" I can't have enough love in a mist!
    Dan - Thanks for the large envy of seeds. I can't wait to see what comes up:)

Thanks everyone for sending these. I am so excited about the anticipation of new blooms and I appreciate every single seed!!! Nik