Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
UPDATE: May Birthday Buddies Extravaganza

Posted by flwrs4ever 7 R.I. (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 25, 09 at 17:17

Happy Birthday!! Pictures, Images and Photos

Happy Birthday to our Birthday Buddies !!

Soonergrandmom ..... May 2
Nikkineel ..... May 17
Carol57078 ..... May 23
micrey ..... May 27

We have someone on the kids swap also !!

Austin ........ May 5

The Pinata is scheduled to be mailed every two weeks, and is still going !!

Happy Mailboxing, and thanks to you all for making this such a wonderful swap. REMEMBER you can MAIL ALL month, there IS no being LATE !! We want to make the buddies feel special ALL month.

MAY BUDDIES, PLEASE POST YOUR WISH LIST HERE BY MAY 1ST. No posting on this thread otherwise till the 1st of May !

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: UPDATE: May Birthday Buddies Extravaganza

hello
oh goodie I get to be first
some of these I found in catalogs or magazenes so if you don't know the names I'm sorry i don't know them eather.

1. Uvularia (bellwort,merry bells,cowbells,haybells)
2. Trollius (globe flower)
3. Helloborus(any, I have none)
4. Campanula any
5. Heuchera(I have never tried these)
6. Cerinthe
7. Echinacia "Sunrise" but I'm not picky I love them all
8. Geranium(hardy) pink or red
9. Snapdragons
10. Ornamental kale/cabbage
11. Verbena bonariensis(I accidentaly traded all mine)
12. Milkweeds(other than tropical red and yellow, common,
and butterfly weed)
13. Columbines, I love them all
14. Larkspures any
15. Perennial salvias
16. Perennial daisies
17. Zinnias
18. Cosmos
19. Veronicas
20. Tall perennial phlox
21. Low growing gorund cover sedum(I have dragons blood)
22. Coriopsis
23. Any good wildflowers sutible for zone 5
24. Butterfly caterpillar host plants(see list on my trade page) or any you have had cats on)
25. Your favorit plant and why

well this is what I came up with but I rilly like surprises too.
thanks
michelle

o

Michelle you go girl, that is the way to jump on board! The list looks good, I can actually send something to you! WOOOHOOO.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAY BABIES!!!

:) Fran

o

And as usual, we're ignoring Kym when she says... "No posting on this thread otherwise till the 1st of May!" LOL!!! So what are you gonna do Kym, spank us??? You've got to catch us first! LOL!!!

o

Yipeee! It's time for me to post my wishlist. I had a blast going through catalogs and decided to pick some "new to me" stuff - it is my birthday, right?
So here's my list:
1. Stokesia
2. Fairywand (dierama pulcherrimum)
3. Hosta (named)
4. Nemophila
5. Petunia: Frost fire, Red Pirquette
6. Peony Poppy
7. Perilla
8. Nigella (Love in a mist)
9. Dahlia - Fireworks Mixed
10. Prairie smoke
11. Gloriosa
12. Astrantia
13. I'll also add that you can send your favorite and why. It's always fun to try new plants that others enjoy.

My wishlist is also pretty much updated.
Thanks everyone! Nik

o

Michelle & Nik,
I agree with Fran! Last month I could only send one card out because I had nothing on anyone's wish list except one.
But you both have things listed I DO have! Yeah!! : )

Cindy

o

Hey Dan .....If your gonna come on and pester me...the least you could have done was baked a cake for the May Babies....AND when ya do, make it one you wont mind WEARING....tee hee.

As far was wish lists go...I always go and check the persons regular trade page, and many people have been sending surprises too. My wishes are soo specific cause you all were AMAZING and sent me more then I could ever need during the SANTA swap !

Ok, BACK TO THE APRIL THREAD, UNLESS YOU ARE A MAY BUDDIE..OR DAN POSTING HIS CAKE,OK ? HA HA

o

"""...slaving in the kitchen...>>>

Okay, this month I'm going to do something a little different. Instead of making just one birthday cake for everyone, I'm making one for each of our birthday kids.

Soonergrandmom, here's yours...
cake birthday Pictures, Images and Photos

Nikki, this one's for you...
Birthday Cake Pictures, Images and Photos

Carol57078, this is your cake...
Happy Birthday Pictures, Images and Photos

And Michelle, I baked this cake for you...
Birthday Cake Pictures, Images and Photos

and Kym? Just wanted to ask you what kind of cream pie you prefer. After all, you'll be the one wearing it..... rofl!

-Dan

o

Come on the rest of you May Birthday Buddies! Get those lists posted, it's almost May. Hope you all have a wonderful birthday month and a fantastic birthday!

o

I hope everyone has a wonderful May birthday! :)

Hugs,
Wendy

o

hi dan
thanks for the cake it tasts as good as it looks
thats ok if no one else posts a list you can just send
ALL THE SEEDS TO ME!!!!! LOL just kidding

I need to get buisy making cards for this month, I'm all out.

my columbines are blooming great, but my favorit one the short red one, didn't come back. there were 3 of them last year and not one made it through the winter.

but on a higher note I have a dozen or so milkweeds that did make it, i have them all growing in large pots so they don't get away. there is also a clematis I forgot about that is comming back, YAY, I got it at lowes last fall on the clearance rack, I love the clearance rack.

well time to get the boys up

see ya all later
michelle

o

Thank you for the cake!!! Here is the list

dianthus -velvet and lace
hibiscus - fireball
monarda
japanese morning glories
columbine - white
columbine - red star
gillardia - orange and lemon
asclepias
zinna - profusion
black peony poppy
gerbera daisy
penstemon
lobelia
I'm happy with just about anything

Carol

o

Happy Birthday (May 2) Carol(Soonergrandmom)Hope you have a great Month!
You have no wish list :( Hope you like surprises! :)
Dorothy
Photobucket

o

Good Morning!

I'll be putting three envies in the mail today. Happy mailboxing to all the May babies!

Lisa

o
please, please , read this post !!

HI EVERYONE....PLEASE READ THIS....

Pinata update...IF you HAVE the Pinata box right now, PLEASE email me !!! There is one on the way, and one should have been received !

Also, PLEASE make sure you emailed Nikki for the month of April who you mailed to.

I am hosting this month, so PLEASE let me who you mail to this month.

There is a GAME COMING **** If you would be upset with our Bday Buddies emailing you PLEASE SPEAK NOW...LOL (email me)

(it wont be alot of emails, just enough for some F-U-N)

I AM LOOKIN FOR SOMEONE THAT WOULD LIKE TO HOST FOR THE MONTH OF JUNE. I WILL POST THE FIRST THREAD, WITH BDAYS, JUST NEED SOMEONE TO TAKE COUNTS, AND HELP WATCH THREAD.
( I will BE here, I would just like to have a bit of time to put together a Christmas in July game)

MAY BUDDIES, dont forget to write a little about yourself !

PINATA UPDATE

THIS IS A LIST OF WHO I HAVE THAT HASNT RECEIVED IT, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF I HAVE MISSED YOU ON MY LIST

RILEY
PROUDGM
ANDREAZ6WV
COLCOL
DIRTDIGGIN
APHRODITELAUGHS

**PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOUR IN THE PINATA (STILL WAITING) AND I DO NOT HAVE YOUR NAME HERE. I DONT WANT TO MISS ANYONE !!!

o

I HAVE THE PINATA!!!!

I got it today and from what was taken out of it, I had a child helping me :)

I(we) took:

notepad w/pen
rock candy
seed envelopes
peat pots
garden marker
gift tags

I took the following seeds:

hollyhocks
tomatoes
cabbage
basil
collective farm woman
scarlet runner
moon and star
golden golpher

I already have started gathering my things to add. I have some really great stuff :) I've been excited to do this!!

I am also excited to let everyone know that I've not been posting and have been SOO busy b/c I started a small greenhouse at my house and am growing for the farmers market this year. It's the 2nd year for the market and my first year. I'm nervous and overwhelmed, but have had a great Spring so far getting ready. We'll see how it goes.

Thanks for the pinata and happy birthday to all of you May gardening buddies :)

Andrea

o

Oh Andrea - that sounds like so much fun! I hope to have one eventually. Sounds like you got some fun stuff from that pinata!
Kym, I'll wait and give someone else a chance to host for June if they want to but if no one does- I'll be happy to help again.
I can't wait for the game to start! Nik

o

Andrea, I wish you the best with the farmers market !! Keep us posted on how you make out !!

****************I have a favor to ask**************

One of my high school class mates, has a daughter that is 6, she was diagnosed with a brain tumor last year. I would like to ask, you, my friends...to send her a card, maybe some stickers ? Even include her in your prayers, I sure would appreciate it !

Here is her caringbridge page..and I'll get her mailing address, if anyone WOULD like to send her a card, feel free to email me.

I sure wish we could find a cure for cancer !!

Here is a link that might be useful: carebridge

o

Soonergrama, I'm going to wish you a HAPPY BIRTHDAY now because I'm gone tomorrow. May 2 is also my anniversary (wedding, that is). DH got me 2 red roses! (that's an unusual occurance, as we usually don't do much on way of gifts!).

Wow Andrea, that's great!!!! Do you get them started & growing in peat pots and then sell the plants? Or grow em out & sell the veges? Sounds like lotsa FUN type of work!

Was fun to see the pinata list :)
Looks like it won't be long for some of us! :)))
More fun!

And today I got my new toy put together! I got a little mail order seed germinating/light stand thingy system! And ... a heat mat because I read gourd seeds germinate better with a warm start. It only has space for a few plants, but it will give me a variety. A couple of this & a couple of that... I wish seeds kept forever! Have all these partial packets ... oh so much fun! wish I could play all day!
My DH just smirks at my new toy! Hmph!

o

Hi Kym,

I'll e-mail you soon for an address. I have a brain tumor as well and I struggle once in awhile, so I can only imagine being that little girl and her family.

I have a little one who loves stickers! I'll get some good ones :)

Thanks for all of the well wishes with the market. I am hoping it goes well. It's Tuesday and Friday 10-2, which I don't like, but I'm excited. I have been selling plants from the house so far and have a garden here and another plot a few miles from my house. So I am selling plants and vegetables. I am thinking if the market doesn't work out, I can do well from home next year. First market day is Tuesday. I'll let you know how it goes.

Take care,
Andrea

o

Hello All from Ireland!
Just thought I'd write a quick note while I had a chance. Having a wonderful time. Did a lot of tourist things this past week - in Dublin and later visiting Newgrange and Trim Castle. This week we are off to visit ALL the family - no small task. But at least they are all generally in the same area in Co. Carlow and Co. Kildare. Unfortunately it is not allowed to bring any seeds home from Ireland through US Customs.

I keep thinking about all the spring blooming I might be missing and wondering how my winter sowing containers are doing, but I'm sure my DH is taking good care of them all. I hope everyone received my April Birthday cards which I mailed before I left. The May cards will go out when I get home.

Happy birthday to all the Birthday Buddies. I'll be back home on the weekend and trying to catch up.

Sue

o

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR NIKKI, CAROL, MICHELLE & CAROL...
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!

o

Sorry I'm a little late. Happy Birthday Carol! (soonergrandmom)

Cindy : )

o

Carol, I hope you had a WONDERFUL Birthday ...and that you enjoy the entire month !!

Sue, I am SO glad to hear you are doing well, you are MISSED !!

( I am sorry but I am NOT posting from photobucket right now, someone said there is a BAD virus there..anyone else know about it ?)

o

oh my oh my,
I can't believe its May already!!

Hapyy Birth day to all the May babies.

Yi

o

Yes, Happy Birthday Carol, I hope you day was a GREAT one and that you have a terrific month!!!

:) Fran

o

Hi everyone,

I live in a house that is light blue, with white trim..and the front door is red. We live in a town that claims to be the most patriotic town....and they celebrate the 4th of July from flag day on...well, I have decided to do a red, white and blue themed bed along the front of the house.

Would anyone be willing to suggest some plants ? Any blue flowers you really like ?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The bush under left window is coming out !!! We plan on making a walk way to connect to the left side yard, which is where the driveway is...

Hubby is shaping up the bushes, we let them grow out the last two years, someone chopped them before we moved in.

I am thinking of putting window boxes. I also want to add an arbor on the side, where the path begins...it is white metal, I need some ideas on what to grow on it !!

I am in zone 6 and it gets about 4-6 hours of sun in the summer, spring it gets more till the tree leafs out.

ANY ideas or suggestions ????? I sure could use some help !

o

Proudgm, please let us know how you're doing when you get a chance. I know you may not be able to check in much at all, so I'm going to keep you in my prayers until I hear more from you.

Nikki, thanks so much for showing your concern. I guess you can come kick my tail.... No, haven't been to a doctor since we don't have insurance... I am going to kick it into high gear with herbs and vitamins, though, which I slacked on over the last several months due to finances. Now, I see it's just not worth not having them.

Andrea, that sounds like a blast! I can imagine being nervous. Please, keep us updated on how that goes when you get a chance! I see that you have been selling from your house before. How did you do that? That's something I thought about doing if I can get a green thumb sometime soon. LOL

Kym, I will be praying for that little girl. I may be writing you when I get things squared away here more to send her a card.

Sue, thanks for stopping in from Ireland! Boy, that sounds like such fun!

Happy Birthday to all our May buddies!

I hope noone minds (it's certainly nothing personal), but I think I'm gonna skip the birthday wish list page for this month of May. I need to catch up on my cards/seeds and a bunch around the house here. I'll be raring to go on the June list at the end of this month when the posts start coming in.

Blessings,
Angela

o

Hi everyone! Happy Birthday to all the May babies. I have a lot of catching up to do. I'm adding everyone to my prayer list this month. Take care.

Theresa

o

Hi guys! Just wondering if anyone has been in touch with Soonergrandmom recently? She hasn't posted a wishlist, and doesn't have anything on her trade page either.

Bonnie

o

I was wondering the same thing Bonnie, I just finished making out my lists of what I have to send for everyone.

Sue ~ I bet you're having a blast over there!! It was great to 'hear' from you!

Kym ~ I'll be praying for that little girl as well.. OT , I have a red, white & blue columbine mix if you're interested.. lol :P

My bday cards will be going out on Wednesday for May as well as a few LATE ones for April too!

Dimples I rec'd your bday card, thankyou so much!!!

Hugs everyone!
~Wendy

o

Angie, NO problem !! I really hope you feel better SOON !

Proudgm, Know that you are in my prayers !

Wendy, thanks for the offer...I am really lookin for people to give me IDEAS on what to plant out there !

I have emailed soonergrandmom. Ill let you know if I hear from her.

I sent some late card for April also, and have two more to go out. I hope you have recd them !

o

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. They found no blockage but did discover that my heart has too much pressure in both sides. I talked with the nurse the day after the test because I didn't understand how you got too much pressure in your heart. She said that it could be caused by pulmonary hypertension or congestive heart failure. Neither one sounds too good to me. He is increasing my meds trying to get the extra fluids out of me (joy! joy!). I will go back to see him at the end of May and we'll see how I am doing then. My main goal is to lose weight (like that's going to be easy!). I've already gone 3 days without a cigarette so that's progress.

Andrea that is so cool about your Farmer's Market. I am so wanting a greenhouse.

Suecirish Wow Ireland! That is my dream trip!

Flwrs4ever Your red, white, and blue garden sounds great. Blue flowers could include, blue asters, blue nigella, baptisia, forget me nots, blue bachelor buttons, hardy geraniums, salvias, delphiniums, blue flax. A red climbing rose and a white clematis would look great on the arbor. Or perhaps the blue Will Goodwin clematis and a red, or white companion climber. There are several blue morning glories. For red there are always gorgeous zinnias, nasturtiums, salvias, tulips, achillea, impatiens, red lily. You have so many to choose from. It really depends on your preferences.

o

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAY BABIES!!!

Proudgm, I will keep you in my prayers. I hope everything goes well!!

Sue, we'll need pictures when you get back :0)

Andrea, I'm so envious of your greenhouse :0) I have a walk-in plastic one and I just loooooove it, but I'm hoping to get a 'real' one sometime next year (crossing fingers) Good luck with the farmer's market!

Kim, I'll be happy to send the little girl a card, anything I can do to bring that little girl some cheer in this trying time. Also, nice home you have there! I hope someone help you with the ideas, I'm a bit design challenged :0)

o

Happy Birthday to all you May babies!
Kym, I got your card loved it! T.Y.
Susan

o

proudgm - Congratulations on going without cigs for 3 days! I just barely quit about this time last year. It was my New Year's resolution. I finally did it, and you can, too! I did put on a some weight, but now that I'm over the addiction, I'm taking off the weight, too. Exercise is coming much easier for me since I'm not smoking now as well. You can do it, girl! It's hard, but you CAN do it!

Blessings,
Angela

o

Proudgm...Great job! hope its still going good with no cig.
I have just stopped myself. Easter I smoked 3, next day 2.
None since so I guess quit date was 4-14.
Getting on the computer and the phone are to of my bad times! LOL
That's why I have not been online much lately! LOL
Oh yeah.....Chew gum lots of gum!!!
Hugs
Dorothy
PS
I feel better already!

o

Hi all! Doing pretty good here. Still not smoking and thankfully I haven't killed anyone yet! I called the doctor back because I wanted a definitive diagnosis and the nurse said he diagnosed it as mild pulmonary hypertension and diastolic dsyfunction. So I'm stuck with it for life but hopefully medication will help some. Angela exercise is going to be a problem for me because of the heart conditions. The lease little activity leaves me short of breath. I'm trying to change the way I eat but it isn't easy. And I'm not so sure that quitting smoking and trying to lose weight at the same time is a good idea! I'm not sure my mind can take that much pressure!

I will be checking Thur. or Fri. to see what baby plants I have to offer so I can pack them up Sunday for their new homes. So be checking the threads often this weekend. I have received plants with the roots wrapped in several layers of wet paper towels and then put the roots in plastic baggies and tape to make snug. Anyone have any better ideas?

o

Well, as you can tell, part of the above post made no sense to most of you. Got my forums mixed up. Must be lack of oxygen to the brain. Oh heck! Who am I kidding. I do stuff like that all the time!!! Now for what I meant to post.

I received a wonderful birthday card from Kym and she sent some great seeds. She sent pink Nora Barlow columbine, Black Barlow columbine, Rose Barlow columbine, and calendula Kablouna mix. I am so excited I found my first ever blooms of columbine in my much neglected garden today and I have to have more. Thank you so much Kym. You've extended my birthday joy!

o

Hi everyone!

Happy B-day to the May B-day buddies. I have been having comp. trouble (got addware virus twice!) and have not been on line much. I'm just loving Spring! Trying to plant out my ws babies. We expanded a bunch of beds last Sun. and I need to get out and shake all the sod to cart away the grass. What a job. My brother scaped everything w/ a bobcat so at least the work was cut in half. We are starting a new veggie bed. My brother made it twice as big as requested. He's always teasing me about all the flowers and no food! Guess he made his piont! lol

Proudgm I hope the medication helps you feel better!

Kim I would love to come to your plant swap. I can get to Green airport in about 35 minutes on a good day and the cassinos in just under 2. I'll e-mail you this week end. I also need the May addresses.

Happy Spring to all of you Annette

o

Kym,

I seem to be having problems sending you an email thru Gweb. I do not have the May addresses can you send them to mmaldonado@firstamn.com

Thank you,

Margarita10

o

Happy birthday May babies!

Sue, please show pictures when you get back. Just love to see vacation pictures.

For you ladies with addictions and life-changing situations, know that you are in our prayers. There are prayer warriors on GW and would love to lift you up in prayer.

Betsy

o

hello
I got three great envies today...OOOO I feel so special

Ishareflowers--- sent
columbines-
black barlow & yellow orgomi
flowering cabbage (very prity)
salvia - lady in red
verbena bonesarisi(I can't wait to get these in the ground)
coriopsis - sunrise surprem
cosmos scarlet
zinnias

alwaysagarden sent.....
zinnias elegans
larkspurs
lupines
love the pink pumps(He He He) do you garden in those?

Diana (what is your screen name??) sent
a great hand made card :)
asters crego
alyssum rosie o'day

thank you very much and big huggs to all three of you, and thanks for all the birthday wishes

I just love mail boxing

michelle

o

Miceyrey,

I'm happy to see that your card made it to you. I hope you enjoy growing all of them.

Lisa

ps: That's coreopsis sunrise superman, sorry you couldn't read my writing. I was hurrying when I packed them up.

o

Hello Everyone,
Hope everyone has a great Mothers Day weekend!
Photobucket
Make sure to Thank all the special women in your life!
Hugs
Dorothy

o

Hi all! I am really gw id: nikkineel...
To explain the new screen name: My DH joined the forum for some pool information and apparently when he signed on, he must've checked some option where every time we get onto the internet and go to gw, we are already signed in under his name. I don't know how to sign out and come on under my name (nikkineel). Anyone have any ideas? Before he started his account, I would just have to sign in every time I came to gw and never "signed out".
AGGHH, I'm going to be repeating that message A LOT until we get this thing fixed.
Anyway, I wanted to post to say that I received some GREAT cards and goodies this week.
Shropshire_lad sent the sweetest handmade card with yellow dalily seeds, marigold crackerjack, Rudbeckia Double Gold, and Blue Fringe Daisy seeds. Thanks so much, JJ. These are going to be a nice addition to the garden:)
Lisa (ishareflowers) sent the following hosta seeds: Colossal, Ebbtide, Senboldious elegans, Sea octopus, and Abbyson. (Sorry if I mispelled any of those - I wrote them all down to post and now I can't read my own writing)
Pink Peony Poppy and Nigella Hot fudge sundae. I've been wanting some named hostas. I have lots of shade in the front yard and can't wait to see them grow.
Cindy (alwaysagarden) send Blue Nigella and Lupine - these are two of my really big wants:)
Thanks so much Cindy, Lisa, and JJ. You guys sure are quick! I am so excited about each and every one!
Nik

o

Happy Mother's Day!!!

o

Nik,

At the very top of the gw screen page there is a spot that says LOG OUT, just log out of his name and sign back in. Also, did Sarah Kate get her card too? I'm pretty sure I put it in there.

Lisa

o

Hi and Happy Mothers Day,

I am still busy. The market went well last week. I enjoy doing it, but it is a lot of work!! I don't know if I will do it next year or not. I do well from the house and enjoy doing it that way just as much.

I sold 2 trays of eggplant plants, which was very surprising to me. I also sold no pepper plants, which was surprising as well. Tomatoes did well of course.

I sent Kym an e-mail. I think the pinata is ready to go again :) I have it ready!!

Take care,
Andrea

o

hello
and Happy Mothers Day

I got another card yesterday YAY
this one is from
shropshire_lad
in the card was
asters- tiger paws(I love the name)
yellow daylilies
sunflowers maxmilian
merigolds cracker jacks
thanks for thinking of me
michelle

o

I've received two birthday cards in the mail
shropshire_lad sent marigolds, asters,yellow daylilys, and milkweed. Thank you very much!!!
dirt dushess send salad seeds, thank you.
Thanks for all the birthday wishes, Carol

o

Hi all! Look! I'm back under the right name but not before lots of trying and failing. Anyway, I received the sweetest card from Pat (Dirtduchess). She sent me an assortment of 30 different kinds of lettuce seeds. I really wanted to try an assortment like this and can't wait for an awesome harvest - I LOVE salads! Thanks again, Pat, Nik

o

Andrea,
That is so cool you are able to sell your plants at the Farmers Market. I too would love to start something like this and was wondering how you got started. We have many people in town who garden and love to grow there own fresh vegetables as well as flowers.

Cindy

o

Andrea, I'd sure buy those pepper plants if I was there! I meant to start lots of things, but this full time job is sure stealing my play time! So... my pepper seeds haven't got planted yet and guess I'll be buying plants! BUT my gourds are doing great and some flowers!!! So, guess I can't do it all and I'm thankful for what i did have the time to do...
How often will you do the Farmers Market?
I'm so excited -- am going to a Flea Market Saturday (if weather cooperates) I haven't been in YEARS! So, I'll be looking for plants & things -- just so much fun to see what they got! :)

o

Hi Everyone, I bet you all are out in the gardens ! It has done nothing but rain here for about 3 weeks now, and even tho the rain isnt here at the moment it is cold, and cloudy.

I have had a virus the last week, so havent been online too much, and I have to tell you, there is an AWESOME farm town game on facebook. You grow, harvest, build your farm, and have your friends as neighbors...sooo anyone want to come play, id love to "farm" with ya..LOL

Also, I have the address for Morgan, and those that emailed me, ill send it soon. Her mom took a bit to respond to me, I cant imagine her schedule.

I recd a real cute picture card from dirtduchess, with 30 kinds of lettuce seed !! Thanks so much ! I cant wait to enjoy the lettuce ! Dirtduchess, I am so glad you are feeling better too !

I hope everyone is doing well...check in when you can, I know this is a very busy time for everyone !

Happy bday to our MAY BUDDIES, and keep Mailboxing !!

(also, please report to me, if your mailing this month)

o

Dirtduchess I received your lovely card w/ the lettuce assortment as well! Thanks so much for thinking of me and sharing that w/ my family!

Hugs!
Wendy

o

• Posted by taz56 z8 Ga. (My Page) on
    Thu, May 14, 09 at 20:25

Thank you! Dirtduchess, received my b-day card and veggie
seed thank you very much! Pretty Card! :)
Susan

P.S. May babies forgive me I am mailing late,
but there a come n' lol!

o

Hi Everybody,
I'm back from my trip to Ireland, and it has been a crazy hectic week. Trying to recover from the 5 hour time difference and remember to drive on the proper side of the road. But I have managed to get a few of my pictures in order, so I thought I'd post just a couple. The country is just as beautiful and green as everyone says. These photos were taken in County Meath.

The River Boyne near Newgrange

From IrelandTrip2009

The ruins of the old monastery (c500 AD) on the Hill of Slane
From IrelandTrip2009

A view of Trim Castle where part of the movie Braveheart was filmed
From IrelandTrip2009

o

I received a lovely card and lettuce seeds from dirtduchess. Thank you for the lettuce seed. I love the fresh lettuce you only get from growing your own!

o

Sue... Love your pictures! Hope you had a great trip.
Maybe one day ....LOL
Oh well I can dream.
Dorothy

o

Sue,
Thank you so much for the pictures! I've always wanted to go to Ireland myself.
Hope you can post more when you have the time.

o

Happy Birthday Nikki - Hope its a wonderful day!

From scrapbook

o

Happy Birthday Nikki!

And belated happy BDay Soonergrandmom!!!

o

I GOT IT! I GOT IT!! tHE Pinata box arrived! ;))
We were gone for the weekend and when got home it was here waiting for me! Oh it was so much fun!!! I'll post again when have more time to re-sort thru it. Just a quick note for now to tell you all it ARRIVED! Thanks so much!!!

AND A HAPPY BIRTHDAY YESTERDAY TO NIKKINEEL!!!!!!!!!!!

o

Happy BIRTHDAY NIKKI!!!

o

HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY NIKKI!!

Beautiful pictures, Sue. I hope you had a great time and tell us more about it :0)

I'm running behind (like always) but I'm sending my b-day cards tomorrow!

I wish all of our May babies a blooming birthday month!

Also wanted to thank Pat (patrushka) for the really cute birthday card and the poppy lauren's grape and agastache golden jubilee seeds. Thank you pat!!

Patsy (dirtduchess), thanks you a bunch for the lettuce seeds and the really pretty card. I'll get the lettuce started asap!

Monica

o

Nikki, Id like to wish you a very special Bday ...and I hope you have a GREAT year.

Looking forward to hearing what you did yesterday !

Sorry for no pic, still keeping away from photobucket.

ColCOl, Im so glad you were surprised ! You have plenty of time, so enjoy...and cant wait to hear what ya found, and took from the PINATA.

How is everyone ? I am blue with all this rain...calling for it all Memorial day weekend too...*sigh*

My daughter is going to her JR prom this weekend, and then we have her best friend for the past 10 years Graduating.

I hope you are all well, and are getting out in your gardens.

o

I got a beautiful card from Dirtduchess, with apologies for being late (don't worry, I'm still putting together my April and May cards! I hate getting behind!). She sent a mix of 30 lettuce varieties. I am really excited. I never know which lettuce to get, and I get overwhelmed by the catalog descriptions. This will give me an opportunity to try a bunch and see what I like in lettuce, so I know what to look for.

Thank you!

o

• Posted by rbrady 5/Eastern Ia (My Page) on
    Mon, May 18, 09 at 22:05

Happy Birthday to all the May babies! Hope you all have a great month!

Rhonda

o

Happy birthday Nikki!!!
I received a wonderful card from piksi_hk with gerbera daisy and texas blue bonnet, thanks Carol

o

Happy Birthday May Babies!!!

Sorry for not posting this sooner.

Pat

o

Hi! I had time to enjoy the PINATA box and take my time with it. Ok, here goes:
What I took:
Awesome plant markers!
The absolutely BEST smellin 2 oz lotion -- JASMINE VANILLA -- I LOVE IT!
PINK gardening gloves! My BOYS will NOT take these PINK gloves!!! YEH!!!
And a pkg of computer papers with the most beautiful COLORFUL flowers! One of my hobbies is foreign penpals and I'm gunna luv rambling on & on about gardening on this stationery!
And there was a FLOWERS mini 2009 calendar that I can sure use!

And for seeds:
Apple Gourd - THANK YOU, THANK YOU!
Egg Gourd - YES! THANK YOU! (i'm currently obsessed with gourds!
Beauty Berry
Columbine - purple/white
White Marigolds
Morning Glory Flying Saucers

Oh, I'm glad I don't need to rush it off immediately -- I think it'll take me a day or 2 to arrange and rearrange all the stuff to go. It is very well stuffed! I may have to find smaller items than what I really wanted to include!

Wish you could send some of your extra rain my way, flwrs4ever!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAY PEOPLE!

oh, I will be getting my May bds in the mail on Wed. That is my plan anyway!

o

Dan the mailman sent me seeds marked Cleome in the Secret Santa Swap. I didn't think they looked like Cleome seeds. I winter sowed them to see what they were. These are the cute little seedlings I got. Do you know what they really are Dan? Anyone? You can click on the pic for a larger image.

Mystery Plants

Thanks,
Pat

o

hello
my old computer got broken so I have been trying to get a new comp and new ISP I now have a diffrent e-mail.
I also lost all my old e-mails and address.
could I please get a new e-mail of the address for the birthday babies for may, I know I'm late sending but this whole computer thing has thrown me for a loop
thanks
and if anyone sent me a card and I didn't post I'm sorry I appritiat them all even if I forgot to post a thank you
michelle

o

Hi all! Just stoppin in to say thank you all so much for the birthday wishes! I had a great day in the garden - my idea of perfect. The weather has really been cool this week. We were supposed to get lots of rain but so far, we are still pretty dry. I have had a great month and I really appreciate coming here and seeing the happy birthday wishes! Nik

o

Hi! after reading up on beauty berry, found it is for notta my zone, so am trading it for Marketmore76 Cucumber. I'm planting a little LATE this yr, but hopefully they can get going before the horrid heat arrives!
Thank you to whoever put them in! :)

o

I received 2 cards today!!!
From Rhonda (Rbrady)I received seeds for my bible garden: Nigella Sativa (Egyptian black cumin), Nigella damascena Miss Jekyll, and cetranthus ruber (Jupiter's beard). She also sent Aster drummondii. You really put some thought into these. I really appreciate you thinking of me.
From Lisa (Lisam627_ohio_26), I received a pretty card with polka dot bachelor's button, Cleome rose queen, and a beautiful celosia mix. I love everything. My cleome didn't come back this year so I am happy to be able to grow some more.

Thanks so much to both of you. I really appreciate your kindness:) Nik

o

I got a pretty card from Lisa (Lisam627_ohio_26), with Baptisia australis and three kinds of Dahlia! I adore dahlias, and had a few that did not make it through the winter. Thank you!

o

Yahoo! I got more 2 cards today.
One was from Susan (Taz56). She sent lots of stickers and a Winnie the Pooh (love it!). She sent tons of seeds: Belle Blanche Datura, hardy white hibiscus, Gloriosa lily, Chocolate Joe pye, Red mandavilla vine, White sanchez Crepe mertle, Cherry red crepe, petunias, and birdhouse so seeds. Susan, you are gonna have to tell me about the birdhouse seeds - I've never seen them before:) I can't wait to go look some of these up. Others I've been wishing for for awhile. I'm thrilled! THANK YOU!!!!
Amy (morguegirl)also sent me some of my most wanted seeds: Dahlia collarette mix, Anise basil, peony poppy, and perilla. I've seen the dahlia colarette and wanted to grow some. Also the perilla is going to be delicious! THANKS so much both of you. I love them! I am going to have to get an upgrade on my seedbox. I've gotten so many new seeds this month! Nik

o

Hi! got a pretty b-day card from Lisa
with hardy hibiscus,beans,tomato yum
thank you Lisa.
Also got a pretty card from Pat with
hibiscus and a cute peom,Thank you Lol!
Susan

o

Happy Birthday Carol57078, Sorry It's a day late. Hope you had a wonderful day, that will continue all year.
From scrapbook

o

NIKKI, CAROL, MICHELLE & CAROL... I'm sending out your envies of seeds on Tuesday, and wanted to warn you. The envelope I'm sending them in is ALSO the seed packet! SURPRISE! LOL! So, when you're ready to plant, clear a spot, open the envelope, and plant your garden. They're all seeds I collected in my garden last year, so you're getting a bit of Northern Michigan for your birthday! I hope you like what grows...

Pat, I've been trying to think of what I may have sent you thinking it was cleome, but I can't come up with what those seedlings are. Could they possibly be dianthus? Anyone?

Proudgm, if you're still wanting some help with losing weight, see if there's a Weight Watchers meeting near you. I went 3 years ago and lost 50 pounds in 6 months. I just re-joined again to lose more this time. It's almost scary how much weight you can gain without seeing it happen, but it does. I'm just glad I've got somewhere to go to lose it! Good luck on quitting smoking too!

Have a great weekend everyone!
-Dan

o

I had a wonderful birthday. The kids came up camping and we spent the weekend together. I have a son and daughter and three teenage grandkids and of course DH. I have receive two more wonderful cards. One from Lisam627_ohio_26 with asters,flowering kale and alyssum. Thank you. Also one from taz56 with manevilla and some seed envelopes, which were really neat. Thanks alot. Carol

o

Carol, Happy Bday...I am sorry I am late too. So glad you enjoyed your special day ! Camping sounds like a great way to spend the day , esp with your family !

OK, June month is posted...PLEASE, POST YOUR WISHES JUNE BUDDIES ! ALSO, let me know if you dont get the email..going out today. :)

o

(chuckle, snort, guffaw) I posted some "cakes" for June, if anyone wants one... (giggle)

o

hello
well with all my computer problems and trying to catch up with 4 swaps I have not had time to post all my thank yous.
if I miss anyone please forgive me.
Ishareflowers - thank you very much
alwaysagarden - thanks bunches
diana - huggs and thanks
shropshirelad - thank you thank you
plant-one-on-me- thank you and a hugg
lisam627 - big thanks
rbrady- thanks bunches and a hugg
taz56 - bunches of thanks and huggs

I have had so much fun mailboxing all month, I will get started on my june cards soon so I'm not late this month

michelle

o

Happy Birthday, Michelle!
Photobucket

o

Sent out a couple of birthday wishes yesterday. I'm sorry for them being so late, but May was an incredibly busy month, between all of the end of school activities, summer baseball starting up for the kids, and trying to plant out the 100+ containers of wintersown sprouts, I haven't had much time to play with my seeds : )

Hope all of the May birthdays enjoyed their special day, and had fun mailboxing!

Bonnie

o

I was so bummed that I couldn't get on the site last night, because I really wanted to post a thank you. Diva Heather sent me a card with Nigella sativa, Prunella, and Akebia! Thank you so much! These are high on my want list!

o

I have been busy mailboxing, thanks to everyone for sending seeds for my birthday.

highalttransplant send penstemon compactum, gay butterflies, and profusion apricot. They were on my wish list, thanks a million.
suecirish sent gerber daisys and gaillardia (orange and lemon) they were also on my wish list, wonderful.
appaloose909 sent giant toto gaillardia and diathus, I can't wait to wintersow them next winter. Thank you.
Also recieved seed mix from dan the mailman, will be looking forward to see what they are. Thank you, Dan.
playintheyard sent hollyhocks and liatris, I lost a lot of my hollyhock so these will be an added bonus.
Everyone has been so caring and I really appriate all the surprises. I can't thank you all enough. You are a great bunch of GWers.

o

I have a lot to post - I can't believe all of the seeds you all have sent me. I am absolutely humbled...

Dimples31312 (Dorothy) sent: Dahlia, Love in a mist, and lavender sachet seeds. Thanks also for the sweet card - I really love that scripture and plant on memorizing it:)
Playintheyard (Annette) sent: Kniofia, Gloriosa Daisy, petunia wave seeds, love the pretty card, too! These will be my first petunia from seed. They've been on my wishlist for some time.
Aphroditelaughs (Ellie) sent Zucchini Ronde de Nice, Baptisia wild blue indigo, poppy black cloud, tall red salvia and petunia prism sunshine hybrid (been aching to get some yellow petunias!) I can't wait to see the black poppy.
Appaloosa909 (Andrea) sent Nigella and peony poppy (light and dark pink). I grew my first poppies this year and am now addicted:)
SueIrish (Sue) sent Nigella Love in a mist, and stokesia Stoke's Aster "Peachee's Pick" I can't have enough love in a mist!
Dan - Thanks for the large envy of seeds. I can't wait to see what comes up:)

Thanks everyone for sending these. I am so excited about the anticipation of new blooms and I appreciate every single seed!!! Nik

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here