Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hazelnutbunny

Seeds & stitches quilt projects!

hazelnutbunny
14 years ago

I wanted to share my finished quilt with ya'll. These are some of the great blocks I received in Beth's & Dan's swaps. I wasn't able to use all of the blocks in this one quilt, so I am using them to make a few throw pillows. :o)

The pics aren't all that wonderful- they're from my camera- but I hope they can at least show some of the great blocks.

I found a great "grass" printed fabric for the border...that just worked PERFECT for a garden web quilt!

Has anyone else gotten their project(s) started or finished?

I would LOVE to see some pictures!!

Melissa

Comments (11)

• lindaruzicka
    14 years ago

I am definately looking for that grass border! The quilt is lovely Melissa. I'm in the applique swap this month so I won't be working on mine yet. I didn't think I"d like the black with it but it looks great!!

• beth_b_kodiak
    14 years ago

Melissa, where did you find the grass???? I have started with a green dot fabric but I sure need some of that grass.
    Really like your backing too.
    Overall effect and results of your quilts are terrific.
    As usual, I'm awed by your time management skills and the effect you get in the finished project.
    You really go girl.
    hugs
    Beth

• sandlapper_rose
    14 years ago

Melissa,
    That is a lovely quilt and I am with Beth, amazed that you get so much done!!! The grass border is just perfect with it --- and I agree, it's a wonderful fabric. Thanks for sharing the picture.
    Have a good weekend.
    Jeanne

• dan_the_mailman
    14 years ago

Melissa, that quilt is great-looking! And I'm not just saying that because you used two of mine in it...lol!!!

I've been looking at my squares, wanting to work with them, but then I got hit with this cold because of the ever-changing weather/temperature, and I just feel blah. Today's better than yesterday, so maybe tomorrow I'll feel like working with those squares! Instead of putting borders around them, I'm throwing in some solid yellow blocks to break it all up and keep it bright and cheerful. I do have 4 put together, so that's a start, right?

Have a great weekend everyone!

Peace.
    -Dan

• hazelnutbunny
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks, guys. I appreciate the compliments. :D
    It really didn't take long to put together, since the only cutting I had to do was the borders. I think I spent only 2 hours on it yesterday, the hardest part of that was crawling around on the floor to pin the pieces together.
    (yeah, that was fun...like watching an hippo trying to find a comfortable spot to lay down...LOL!)

I found the grass fabric at Hobby Lobby. They had some safari themed fabrics- with tigers, lions & such- and this was one of the accent fabrics for that.
    I still have a 1/4 yard left, if anyone needs some. I'm not sure I'll use it again.
    I wasn't sure I wanted to go with black, either. It's not one of my favorites...but I have to tell you, in person, the quilt blocks REALLY pop out! It's beautiful! The black really lets the different colors in the blocks come out, and it's very bold. I love it! I almost went with a brown batik or a green batik, but I'm glad I didn't now. They would've worked well if I wanted the blocks to blend together- which would've looked nice too- but I like the brightness of the blocks & didn't want to lose that.

Ya'll be sure to share your pictures when you get those projects finished! I want to what ya'll have come up with.
    I love this swap idea. Now I can have my GW friends with me all the time, not just in the garden! :O)
    Thanks for starting the swaps, Beth!

• Debra Andruska
    14 years ago

Wow, I'm so impressed! ;) How do you get everything done so timely? Share some hints with me, please, LOL! I feel as though my world is always spinning and I can't catch up. Melvin died (one of my favorite boston terriers) and I was so devastated, the vet said that Mel had advanced cancer (with no symptoms up until 2 days before he died.) Toby his brother was lost without him so we purchased a French bulldog puppy! OMG- I'm nuts, LOL. A nine week old puppy that cried for two days straight! Finally, the puppy calmed down and is being crate trained now. We also have a screened in room (outdoor) that he's allowed to play in all day with Toby. He's doing really well considering his young age! One poop mistake overnight- with none this morning. So hopefully, he's totally trained by now, or at least getting the idea. I've been working my buns off- taking the little guy out every 2 hours. I purchased him a few new soft fuzzy afghans- and so far he hasn't made one mistake on them in his cage. Toby's really happy again.
    Other than that I'm still working on my Mom's house- and still working on ours (always) I'm painting an accent (deeper) colored wall in the frontroom to give it some 'pop/color' and I landscaped the front yard again like I do every year adding a few new things, new red mulch. Wow, just thinking of all the stuff I've been doing makes me realize why I haven't joined in on the last 2 quilt exchanges. My parakeet couple had 4 babies! I had to purchase a new larger cage for the family. Hmm, my finch had a baby too. Things are really multiplying here- hehe.. Our new puppies name is Tobasco! He's black with splashes of brindle/red. So now I have Tobias (Boston) and Tobasco (french bulldog) plus a few birds. ;)
    Better make this short-

Great job, Melissa! I love the quilt!

I would LOVE to see what everyone else is working on- finished.

Hugs,
    Deb

• galium
    14 years ago

Melissa-Great looking quilt!! I'm still working on my first quilt. It's a lap quilt and was suppose to be, for my daughter last Christmas... I guess I'd better get to working on it or she won't get it until the following Christmas. LOL
    Mariann

• chrizty
    13 years ago

Hi :)
    WOW! That looks beauitful!!! giving me the itch to stich!!lol. I LOVE the grass fabric!
    I didnt know yens were doing these kinds of swaps. I need to lurk more often!! :)

• lindaruzicka
    13 years ago

ahhhh Christy, I LOVE the yens...do you redd up too????

• beth_b_kodiak
    13 years ago

Yeaaah, I lived down there where we not only reddup.... we feedup too. Gotta keep those chickens and mules happy.
    loveyall
    BB

• lindaruzicka
    13 years ago

don't forget "didjaeat"?