Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ncgardengirl_gw

OT: Yard pics 4 those who wanted to see the new yard!

ncgardengirl
15 years ago

Why don't we have a conversation side? Ok here are the pics of the yard FINALLY that everyone wanted to see.

Hope you like them! I love this yard, I will be so glad when we can get it all finished!

Front of the house partial front yard, the tree brush thing there in the front on the right is gone now, there was another one closer to the house, in front of the window on the right we cut it out already.

This is the backside of the bush we, the deck pieces there belong to the other lady that lived here, she took it today, some she left for me so I can put my flowers in containers on them!

Front of the house front yard

Front of the house full front view

top of the driveway

Field in front beside driveway coming in

Front middle side yard on the right side of house

Part left side yard partial front and side yard

Side yard from corner of front yard

back side left side yard back left corner of house

middle back yard with barn

Front side flowerbed we just put in

Right side of the house, we cut down the bush in front of the back door at the side

right corner at the top of the front yard

view of the top of the garden spot

gardenspot on the right of the house, the property goes past the tree line

Taken from the middle of the yard, Right side yard.

Back yard in front of the barn

Right side view back yard

Right side yard with barn on the left, the little building is the chicken house

right side of the house middle of the side yard

back of the house from left corner of the barn

back left side yard other garden spot, all the under bush we are cutting out, the stuff on the right on the hill we are planning on putting a flower bed there.

We have a lot of cleaning to do and we have stuff on the porch that needs to go in the barn but it has to be cleaned out first! We have a LOT of cleaning and clearing to do lol.

:)Fran

Comments (12)

• gardenmom2
    15 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Looks Great Fran. I wish I had that much space. Even though it will be a lot of work an clearing, it will be the GOOD kind of work, KWIM??? I think it will be wonderful and lots and lots of fun.

Nichol

• dan_the_mailman
    15 years ago

Fran, you've got so much room!!! I'm jealous! You've got a lovely place there!

Bump and Stella said to tell you "hello". They also wanted me to give you a good scratch, but I think that might be a bit much, don't you? Well, at least they were thinking of you, right?

Enjoy the new place! It's looks great!
    -Dan

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

It looks so peaceful, Fran!
    I just love it out in the country. After spending the first 20 years of my life in the sticks, and living for 8 in the city...then the last few back in the country.... I don't know how I EVER survived in the city! With neighbors so close, I could smell their supper! LOL!

Enjoy your new yard!! :O)

• ejmoore510
    15 years ago

Fran, it's just wonderful! You're like an artist with a new canvas in front of you. What a wonderful opportunity!
    Also, the house reminds me of my grandmothers. I know exactly how the rain will sound on that tin roof and there's nothing else in the world like it! I'm so happy for you! Congrats!

Joan

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Oh, I missed a sentence up there LOL, that is the bush/tree with the deck that we cut down. The SO was cutting it while I was taking pics. I had to get them taken before he cut down all the tree/shrubs in pic #2 because I wanted before and after pics.

In pic #10 if you look in the background at the bottom of the hill you can see one of the neighbors houses, this is the one I want to block the view from. I am planning on planting some fast growing trees in a line.

In pic #9 on the right side of the pic is my holding flowerbed we put in too, I am using it as a nursey bed for young plants.

I didn't take a pic of my WS containers LOL.

Dan, tell the kids I said thanks for thinking about me, but I think we will leave the scratching and rubbing to lavish on them! LOL.

Bunny, I am a country girl through and through, I can't stand the thought of living in the city although we did consider it but only for a minute. I like being in the country and NOT seeing my neighbors everytime I go outside. At the other house the trailer park folk would pull up chairs to watch us that I think that is 1. RUDE and 2. CREEPY, WHO does that?

Joan, I am so totally pleased to be here. It is a small country house and it could use some work but I am tickled to finally have a place that I am surrounded by nature and not homes. We even have a nice size front porch to sit out on when we get it cleaned off LOL. It is so peaceful here, with the exception of the little &^*&^* that run up and down the main dirtroad on the trail bikes and 4 wheelers but if I had one I would be too! hehe.

I am just so pleased to be here. A lot of folks wanted to see the place and this thread was the easiest way for me to share.

In the front yard where that little ridge is, we are putting a flowerbed in there too, to make it more level. Can't understand WHY someone would make a cut out section in the front yard but someone did! Crazy is all I can say.

Ok, well, thanks for the comments. Have a great night.
    :) Fran

• ejmoore510
    15 years ago

Fran, it's just absolutely wonderful! I don't blame you for holding out for the country. The most wonderful part is that most of the land is already cleared of trees and brush for you. So it's just waiting to become whatever you want to make of it. Don't you just love opportunities?
    Sleep tight and dream about what all that land will become. :)

Joan

• booberry85
    15 years ago

Fran, it looks like you have lots of room to work with. My immediate thought....pumpkins! I'm so jealous of green grass and blue sky and budding trees. We're having a nice day today, but it snowed two days this week ~sigh~

Looks like a great yard to "play in the dirt."
    Becky

• proudgm_03
    15 years ago

Oh my goodness what a lot of garden space you have to work with! My mind would be racing on what to plan for where! Do keep us posted with pics of your progressing gardens.

• Theresa24 (NeFL9a)
    15 years ago

Here here...to what everyone else has said - I envy all that space and rural backdrop. While your cleaning out you can be waiting for that vision to come to you and start all your planning.

-T

• diene
    15 years ago

Congratulations Fran;
    Let us know if you need specific plants to fill your dreams, we may be able to help.
    diene

• journey149
    15 years ago

omg, i am so excited for you, maybe one day i will find my own piece of earth.

• Frances Coffill
    15 years ago

Wow Fran! I envy you all that wide open space! The oak trees are already casting my yard into the shadows! Congrats on the move, hope you are settling in nicely

Frances