Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dan_the_mailman

Seeds-n-Stitches Hosting Sign-Ups, June-December

dan_the_mailman
11 years ago

hello! and welcome to our sign-up sheet! if you've been a part of the S-n-S group before and would like to host a month or two, here's where you can sign up to do so! pick yourself a month and repost the list, okay? you don't have to have a theme yet for your month, but please be sure you can host.

here we go...

June:

July:

August:

September:

October: dan_the_mailman/probably something scary...muhahahaaa

November:

December:

Comments (16)

• sandlapper_rose
    11 years ago

Would everyone be okay with making a simple Christmas stocking for December and filling it with things like fabric (charms or a fat quarter or two, thread, or anything else that you choose sewing or sowing related (Yes, seed packets, too!), edibles or drinkables ... just little things that we wouild enjoy seeing in our stocking.
    I participated in a quilt related Easter basket swap once and it was lots of fun. I will be hostess if you don't think that that theme is too much to do early in December. I know it gets to be a busy time. Maybe if you know it is coming up, you could make your stocking well in advance. Stocking size would be something like 12" long.
    Anyway, let me know what you think.

June:

July:

August:

September:

November:

December: sandlapper_rose (maybe...)

• dan_the_mailman
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Jeanne, I think that would be a great idea! Last December we had ourselves an end-of-the-year Christmas party, and your idea goes right along with that. And, since you've already mentioned your idea, that will give us all time to think about what we'd like to do and maybe obtain some things early so it won't be so much to do during the Holidays. Kudos to you for stepping up to the plate! I thought about it when I was posting this thread, but wanted to give someone else the chance to run with a holiday idea.

Dan

• sandlapper_rose
    11 years ago

Okay, here goes...

Sign up is likely to be around Thanksgiving so everyone can get their partner's name and mail early so it gets there in time for Christmas.

June:

July:

August:

September:

November:

December: sandlapper_rose/Christmas Sewing/Sowing Stocking

• quiltingfox
    11 years ago

June: quiltingfox - fabric quarter swap - will be swapping 4 fabric floral / gardening themed quarters measuring 18"x21" and 18"x22"

July:

August:

September:

November:

• hazelnutbunny
    11 years ago

I'll take November. I've got a few ideas for a theme, but haven't narrowed down what I want to run with, exactly....so it'll be surprise. Probably something with chocolate, though...LOL! :P

June: quiltingfox - fabric quarter swap - will be swapping 4 fabric floral / gardening themed quarters measuring 18"x21" and 18"x22"
    July:

August:

September:

November: hazelnutbunny/Chocolate

• lindaruzicka
    11 years ago

"skidding to a stop in a shower of dead weeds"...Okay.."gasping"..here I am...I'll take August and I have no idea what we'll do!..(does that surprise anyone??)

• quiltingfox
    11 years ago

July:

August: Linda

September:

• gmom2-6boys
    11 years ago

I like the ideas I've heard for the rest of the year. So I'll take July. It will be something crazy. So Dan, please, fill me in.
    Sharon

• dan_the_mailman
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Sharon, I'm looking forward to seeing what you think of as "crazy"! It'll be good, I'm sure!

July: Gmom/Sharon - something crazy

September:

• quiltingfox
    11 years ago

June:

September: quiltingfox - fabric quarter swap - will be swapping 4 fabric floral / gardening themed quarters measuring 18"x21" and 18"x22"

• dan_the_mailman
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Good Morning Everyone! Sandra won't be able to host for the month of June as she had hoped, but will be our host for September. I will host in June, and thus our year is full! Yayyy!!! Linda and I appreciate all of you who have stepped forward to host our wonderful group! Here's our schedule...

June: Dan - TBA

September: quiltingfox - fabric quarter swap - will be swapping 4 fabric floral / gardening themed quarters measuring 18"x21" and 18"x22"

• dan_the_mailman
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Bev has bravely volunteered to lead us in June, freeing me to concentrate on what to do in October. Lol, so, here's the updated version of the updated schedules of hosts...

June: Bev

• bev2009
    11 years ago

OK, I've decided what I am going to do in June...but I'm not going to tell you yet. It's way too early in the month. See you later.....

• quiltingfox
    11 years ago

I have decided not to host September.

September:

Best to you,
    Sandra

• dan_the_mailman
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I'll cover September. I'll keep it simple so you all can prep for October.

September: Dan/keeping it simple

• girlwithagreenthumb
    11 years ago

I don't have an idea but I could help with this, how about a flower themed swap in july or a hawaii them in august?