Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
new: obf 'may' all your dreams come true!

Posted by theresa24 8b/9a NE FL (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 23, 10 at 20:21

Our Blooming Friends is an on-going trade group. If you'd like to become a member, please email brittneysgran.

Photobucket

This month's swap is all about aiming to help make your partner's dreams come true, whether it be in the garden, home, etc.

As you sign up, please post your dreams for the summer. An example would be : "I dream of creating a restful shade garden, working on my scrapbooking, and adding a splash of pink to my living room." Please update your wants list on your trade page as well.

Let's plan to sign up by May 5th, have partners assigned by the 7th, include at least one plant item, and mail out by May 25th (preferably earlier if your partner lives in a warm zone). Be sure to send by priority mail and post DC# when package has been sent.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: new: obf 'may' all your dreams come true!

I will start us out:

I'm signing up for this swap and have dreams of an ENDLESS summer (well there's a challenge), lots of time around the pool with the kids, many blooms especially perennials to fill in the empty spots, lots of time to read, and a clean fresh-smelling house.

Well, okay, that will not all happen. But, one can dream right?

o
RE: new: obf 'May' all your dreams come true!

lol, I just realized that I actually listed an actual plant variety name in my dreams. Didn't mean to do that....I just really do want the summer to go on forever.

Okay, please share with us, one of the most interesting, funny, or unusual dreams you've had. This will be entertaining.

I have dreamed, several times, of driving off a bridge. Here in Jacksonville, the city is divided in two by the St. Johns River. It is impossible to not drive on long bridges in the course of a normal week or day. Unfortunately, people do veer off of them from time-to-time. I have heard that these dreams indicate uncertainty or stress in times of change. I wonder if people have them here more ofthen, though, due to the real possibility.

Theresa

o

count me in, I dream that my new business www.carolandsherrysfloral.com becomes a sucess in spanaway washington. That they create more oriental lilly varieties So I can add them to my lilly gardens check out my new site I only create for my town, so none of you can order but I am proud of my creations and new store so would love for you all to check it out. Theresa don't be driving off of any bridges, hugs to all my bloomin friends

o

Theresa-I want to sign up as well. I am dreaming of a blissful summer and not too hot. I hope to enjoy my gardens this season and not have to pull as many weeds as previous summers. YEAH RIGHT I plan to start my all white garden this year and would love any white periennels to plant in it.

Carol- I checked out your shop and love your arrangements. If I lived there I would definetely buy from you. The all white arrangement and all lily arrangements are my favorites. Did you happen to get in on the lily co-op on Daves? They had some nice varieties and not so common ones.

I just got home from watching a local musical play called Josephs Coat of Many Colors and it was excellent. 6 of us ladies are going to Atlanta, Ga to yard sales tomorrow. You just never know what treasures you will find at a yard sale.

Night ladies

Shirley

o

Nice idea for the theme. I won't be playing for May though. It's a month when we just have too much going on with birthdays, anniversaries, etc. Everyone have fun and I'll be stopping by to visit!
Jeanne

o

Hi Ladies!
I would love to join this month! I miss ya'll!
Things are tight, since we're saving for an AC unit & fencing for the yard, but thank goodness for Ebay, so I've got some play money. LOL

This summer, I dream of being able to catch up on some ME time... relax outside at night by the fire pit...making smores with the kids & drinking iced tea....while listening to the whipporwills, crickets & tree frogs. Maybe I'll finally get in that nice, long, relaxing bubble bath I've wanted so badly. Throw in some candle light..a glass of wine..maybe a book or magazine & some chocolate....**SIGH**...sounds like heaven!!!
And possibly finding all my tags & markers for my daylilies & iris! LOL Between the kids & dog, I can't find half of them. UGH.
Maybe Add a few roses & new mints to the flower beds as well.

Hmmmm. I'm asking quite a bit here, ain't I? :P

Carol~ I love your site! The arrangements are beautiful. I've always wanted to work with flowers....They don't talk back! LOL I hope your site does well for you.

Shirley~ How is your mom doing? I hope she's recovering nicely & you're doing well too.

Hugs to all!
Melissa

o

Put me down as a lurker for now. Exams this coming week exclude all else, but I'll pop in and out.
~Laura

o

Yay! So for now our dreamers are:

Melissa
Shirley
Carol
Theresa

Carol - beautiful arrangements! How wonderful to take something you love and turn it into a business!

Jeanne - have fun with all your parties! There's always so much to do around here too. I spent the whole weekend at soccer as usual. Two days, two states, five games! Sigh.....Both boys played very well though. I'm sure proud.

Laura - Good luck on your exams. Speaking of exams and dreams, here is a little tidbit about me:

Years ago, before I left for college, I remember my dad telling me that during or after college, I would begin to have dreams of taking a test that I was unprepared for. As it turns out, he was right. After one particular semester that I was struggling with Russian, I started having these dreams. I still have them sometimes but I also dream that I have to go take a final exam but I forgot about the class all semester and never went to it! According to dreammoods.com, "These dreams also suggest that you may feel unprepared for a challenge."

Theresa

o

• Posted by remy 6WNY (My Page) on
    Mon, Apr 26, 10 at 10:50

Hi Theresa,
I'm in!

Humm.., my dreams for summer. All my bills paid so I have extra cash for the garden, and gorgeous weather where it rains just enough and on days where I'm working. OK you all can't help me with those, lol.
A box with a few lovely sun perennials(not too tall) for my border that I'm expanding out front, or since it is May, neat sun or shade annuals for my planters.
Remy

o

During the last month of my pregnancy, I was having insanely weird dreams every night. I can't share most of them with you, because they were just TOO weird...but in one of them, Michael Landon (Little Joe Cartright!) was rescuing me from an exploding airplane in the middle of a lake (underwater!), and then we were fighting the Wendy's "where's the beef" lady for the last chocolate covered donut in the grocery store.
Yep, I'm strange. But most were MUCH MUCH stranger than that.
ANYWAY.

I do have a recurring dream that's my own personal version of the "showing up to school naked" dream. LOL It's so strange, that I almost hate to share it....but it's funny, too....so I feel like I kinda have to share. :P
In my dream, I am needing to use the restroom REALLY REALLY badly- horribly bad! BUT...either the restroom is full of people having a party & there isn't any room in there to do "business" OR the toilet is just out in the middle of some strange place, all by itself (like in the middle of Walmart in between clothes racks) or out in the middle of the street. There are always people walking by, stopping to talk & chat...even just sitting there staring at me. But they never think anything about the toilet being in a weird place.
Of course, I always wake up needing to use the restroom because I didn't get anything accomplished in my dream! LOL I think I've had this dream- just in different versions- for over 2 years now. I'm sure it means something...I just haven't wanted to find out! :O)

o

Bunny! I think I have the very SAME dream!! Isn't it AWKWARD!!! I also have the one where I am waiting for the school bus and suddenly realize that I am missing some seriously NECESSARY piece of clothing, like PANTS! And that I have to do school all day without them! And I'm not even PREGGERS!

So how is it going with the new li'l tyke? Hope none of that bad weather we've been hearing about is near you.

Today I worked in the garden, even though it was raining, and got all muddy. Came in and put all my clothes in the washing machine. Got dressed and realized that my cell phone was in the pocket of the jeans in the washer! Grrrr! I have it drying out in front of the heated fan that vents my computer, but it doesn't look good. THEN, went to the basement to water the plants still there and found that the pump was emptying the water from my sink onto the floor! Called DH downstairs in a panic who discovered that someone had pulled the plug on the pump. Grrrrrr again! Had pizza for dinner. Not interested in burning down the house.

Vina, saw you posted on the plants trading board, and looked at your 'wants' list. LOVE your pix! Great sunny spaces for planting. I envy a lot!

Mary Ann, if you are lurking here, I want you to know that the iris you sent me last year is the very first to bloom in my 'sun bed' this year. It's gorgeous!

Theresa, count me as a lurker, also. My son is coming home from school and I need to organize life around here. I am also being pressed into service much more often as the grandma babysitter, now that I don't have a 'real job' any more. That seems to include DH's personal limo service, as well! I don't mind, really, but I'm busier than when I had a full time job!

Stay well, all, and be happy!
Dottie

o

Dottie~ If the fan doesn't work for drying your phone, put your phone in a ziplock with some silica packets (the ones that come in boxes of shoes, or in a new purse). If you don't have any silica, just go to Walmart (or some other store), and take a few out of the shoe boxes. (shhh! Don't tell!! LOL!)
It worked for my hubby's phone when he dropped his in a vat of boiling water at church. It takes a few days, but the $$ it saves in purchasing a new phone (and the hassle!) are worth it.

Blessing is doing really well! It's hard to believe she's a week old already. WOW, the time flies fast. MUCH faster than it did when I was pregnant! Hubby is home for the rest of the week, but goes back to work on Monday. So for now, I have some time to catch up on stuff (like posting!), but next week I'll hit the ground running, so to speak. I'm going to be BUSY BUSY BUSY, especially since the kids start the next unit in their homeschooling. They've had the past week off, which we've all enjoyed. We've had a great time together, which we really needed, since hubby works 12-16 hour days, 6 days a week, and we don't see him that often.
So his (and the kids') vacation has been wonderful.

Here's a picture for ya'll:
Photobucket

We've started calling her BLISS, because all of the other girls have nicknames, but finding one for Blessing was a bit difficult. So daddy started calling her Bliss, and it's stuck. :o)

o

OOOHHH!!! Bunny, she is BEAUTIFUL! And so cozy looking all sleepy with the chubby cheeks and the little fists and awwwwww!! How does the rest of the crew like having a little sister? When I was about 2 my brother was born, and I asked when he was going back. Keep the pictures coming!!!
~Laura

o

Wow Bunny! She's so precious! How do you not spend your whole day just staring at her?

Yay! Remy is in!

Dottie: You may try keeping it in a bag of rice as well.

The next two weekends are pretty light for me so I may actually get some gardening in....woo hoo!

Theresa

o

Thanks guys, for the great tips. I'll let you know if it is resurrected. So far, nothing.

Cold here today. May not get out in the garden for a little while until it warms up.

Bunny, how precious!

We have some babies of our own here now! A wren took up residence in my 'greenhouse'. Her nest is only about two feet off the floor in the wall. She comes and goes through the high venting window at the top peak, never using the door. At first I didn't know it was a nest and almost cleaned it out. Then, saw five eggs inside! On Sunday they all hatched. Mama is very friendly and doesn't mind if I come in and look at her or the babes. They are all beaks right now! I read somewhere that baby birds eat every thirty minutes! Makes you feel glad Blessing isn't FIVE babies and you aren't a bird, right Bunny?

Have a good day, all!
Dottie

o

Hello everyone, thought I would join in on the swap for May.

I have been sleeping so well lately, I can't even remember my dreams. I was having trouble for a while getting a good nights sleep being menopausal and all so asked my doctor about it. I am not a fan of taking estrogen so he suggested Black Cohosh so I started taking it and it seems to be helping.

Some of my dreams for the summer are to get my husband to put in my new raised beds to put all the seeds I have in. I also hope to get my new shed by the 15th so I can start working on getting the inside done with shelves and fun decorations. I also hope to get my husband to agree that the very light gray paint would look good on our bedroom wall. My biggest dream is to get my hands on the rarer types of coneflowers I am anxious to have. I want to lose the extra three pounds I am carrying so I can start eating chocolate again. Grrrr, I miss that stuff.

Bunny, the baby is adorable. You must be having so much fun. I had five and the youngest is 16 now so I am longing to have grandchildren. I miss having babies and toddlers around. I am going to visit a young friend I have who just had her second child. Can't wait to hold him.

Have a good weekend everyone. Margo

o

Hi everyone! Please put me down for a lurker on this one. Already have a couple other swaps going on for this month, but, we'll just have to see :0)
Thanks!
vina

ps. Bunny that pic is so precious!

o

Margo~ You are right...I am having the time of my life! I absolutely LOVE having a house full of kiddos! I can't imagine only having 1 or 2. I love the chaos, the messes & even the squabbles! LOL It's all worth it for these precious little ones. :o)
That's not to say that I don't miss having some time for myself once in a while...because I do...but in the long run, I enjoy this too much to let that be a big deal.

On a different note! The first rose of the year bloomed yesterday! YAY! All of my iris are going nuts right now, I've got blooms of every color imaginable (they're GORGEOUS!!!), and now my roses are blooming. Along with the columbine. And our grapes are loaded with clusters. We planted some blackberry & blueberry bushes yesterday. And we've got strawberries forming.
Sunday, we'll be putting in the rest of the garden veggies. I didn't think I'd have a plot this year, but hubby & my oldest son turned up the soil for me, and they'll be planting the veggies as well. So all I have to do is the watering. YAY! I'm so excited, because this is the first year hubby has actually WANTED to do all this stuff. We're a bit late in getting things planted, but that's OK. The first week of May is the cut-off, so we're just fine. :o)

Off to do some laundry....gotta keep that stuff washed up! And BOY, does it pile up when you don't do it for a few days! WHEW!! I've forgotten what my floor looks like, I haven't seen it in so long! LOL!

o

Just came by to say hello. I was getting a little worried about the April package that I sent to Treasa and looked --delivery confirmation says it was received yesterday, so I sure hope that is right.
We are supposed to get some rain this weekend, so I have been outside planting and transplanting. It sure takes a toll on you when your winter sowing goes so well! LOL
Lately my big interest in my garden has been columbines. I never used to grow them and started sowing all types of columbine seeds with winter sowing. They really like it in what I call my "shade garden" and the blossoms are so interesting and one variety differs quite a bit from another. I'll see if I can get some pictures to post. I have trouble with Photobucket and AOL interacting (seems they don't like one another... at least not on my computer!) I also have a gorgeous peony in bloom. Mostly I get very excited any time a peony blooms for me because it really is too hot for them here so they are battling the odds. I think they like all the rain they got during the winter and early spring. Our roses will be in full bloom soon.
Melissa, sounds great that you will get your vegetable garden. I wish I had a good place to grow veggies. I seem to end up with just a few things and mostly in containers which is hard on the plants, but I've got to have a few things fresh from the garden. I have been able to eat some of the spinach and swiss chard that I winter sowed. "In the works" are tomatoes that are mostly new to me this year so I hope they do well - Polish Dwarf, Roughwood Golden Tiger, Victorian Dwarf, Giraffe (it towers over the other tomatoes so it does look like "Giraffe"), Silvery Fir Tree, Druzba, Plum Lemon --- and then Azoyschka which is a repeat for me but it did well under our difficult weather conditions last year. (I will likely try a few of the others in my stash, too; I better pick the smaller ones so I can keep them in containers!) I have some summer squash, zucchini, Apple Dumpling Squash, Queensland Blue Pumpkin, Pumpkin Little October, lots of peppers, a few dwarf bean plants, Yukon Gold potatoes, lots of garlic, and herbs planted, as well. Don't ask me where I am going to put it all! LOL
Most of our land is either pasture for the horses or heavily wooded so pretty limited other than right here near the house and that does not have much of an area cleared around it. I sure didn't know I would want to do this much gardening when we picked out this property years ago! Oh, well, we enjoy looking at the woods and the shade does help to keep the house cooler in the summer.
Everyone have a good weekend.
Jeanne

o
RE: new: 'may' all your dreams come true!

I had to take some extra steps to get my pictures on here, but I think I can post them now. I was not having a lot of success getting my close up setting adjusted correctly or I would have had a few more columbine pictures to share.

Columbines
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

I sure love having a digital camera so I can take so many flower pictures!

Jeanne

o

Beautiful Jeanne...keep those photos coming. Things are really starting to blossom here. Hopefully I can get some pictures taken this weekend.

Our line up so far:

Melissa
Shirley
Carol
Theresa
Remy
Margo

Theresa

o

Here's a shot of some of the new babies in my greenhouse.

Day 5 baby wrens

o

Sun, May 2, 10 at 21:01

Theresa,
I had a bad odd dream the other night. Most everyone in the world died from a disease. At first I thought I was alone, but I found people. Thankfully, that doesn't happen often. I like happier dreams like the ones when I'm flying.

Melissa,
The baby looks great. I really like the nickname Bliss.
I'm weird with the dreams. You know how everyone has the showing up to school naked dreams. Once in high school a teacher even brought it up and everyone was like yes! I've had that too, not me. I knew I was odd then, lol. I would have dreams that all my clothes looked hideous, or I was still in my PJs. I guess showing up to school improperly dressed is more embarrassing to me than being naked, lol.

Jeanne,
Love the columbine pics. I hope I see some nice blooms on mine this year. You are growing quite the veggie garden this year! I hope you get lots of veggies.

Dottie,
Nice shot of the baby wrens. Chickadees are in the one house as usual. I wonder if they are the same parents each year. I can't get a pic of the babies though there's opening on the back. I hope I am home the day the babies come out this year. I've only been home a few times, but it is amazing! They hang out all day and sometimes will come right up to you and check you out.

Have a good night everyone,
Remy

o

Yikes, Remy, A dream like that would bother me for days. The only one I can remember from the last few days was that I was somewhere ordering coffee and they offered cream and sugar, but I said no. I prefer black. Well, they served it to me with cream and sugar anyway. And I didn't say anything....just threw it away. Now, why would I dream something so trivial as that and then actually remember it?
I hate when I have a really good dream and then can't remember it.

We spend 1/3 of our lives sleeping and then 20% of that time is spent dreaming.

I got just a little gardening done this past weekend...only enough to get the things planted that have been sitting around in pots for weeks. But things are blooming like made and I'd really like to get out and take some pictures. We have chickadees in the birdhouse right now too.

sigh.....just love spring but wish I had more time to enjoy it. Alas, school will be out in one month!

To our Carolina friends...hoping the rains causing flooding in TN are kind to you.

Theresa

o

Hi, Ladies-I have been lurking & can't resist signing up for this swap. It sounds like a neat one. Knowing that all my dreams won't come true, I do dream big. I want to get all of my plant beds cleanedd & mulched real well so the weeding will be almost nil-fill these beds with heucheras, minature hostas & miniture astlbe's where needed, listening to wind chimes & having one of those bubble baths like Bunny mentioned. The biggest dream is that I learn to love trimming the yard. That's my new job this year (we had the mowing & trimming done last year) since my DH decided to buy a new mower & he thinks trimming is a waste of time. Can't wait to see who I get to help their dreams come true. Blessings, Margaret

o

Yay Margaret! Glad to have you join us. Let's keep the sign ups open until Friday in case anyone else wants to join us. I'll post partners early on Saturday so there will be no delay. I know the April swap is still finishing up. Gosh April flew by!

Interesting facts about your dreams:

You cannot snore and dream at the same time

The average person has about 1,460 dreams a year. Thats about four per night, most of which are forgotten upon waking.

Most of us dream every 90 minutes, and the longest dreams (30-45 minutes) occur in the morning

One West African group, the Ashanti, take dreams so seriously that they would allow a husband to take legal action against another man if that man had an erotic dream about his wife

This one may be the best of all:

Chocolate in a dream may symbolize that the dreamer feels the need to be rewarded and deserves special treatment. It could also mean that the dreamer has been indulging in too many excesses and needs to practice restraint

o

Theresa~ LOL about the chocolate! I have had dreams that I'm eating the most decadent, sinfully fantastic chocolate...just relishing every bite... Then I wake up with a horrible craving, and I have yet to find a chocolate that even comes close to my dreams! So disappointing! :( Maybe it's time to practice that restraint you mentioned... LOL

Margaret~ Wonderful to see you posting! And I'm so happy you can join us! We've missed you!

It's so hard to believe that Blessing is 2 weeks old now! Goodness, it seemed like she'd never get here, and now it seems like she's ALWAYS been here. How does that work? LOL
Lili has been teething something fierce for the past few weeks...UGH...she's 16 months old, and only has 2 teeth! My oldest was the same way- only had 4 teeth by the time he was 2 years old. But this has been difficult to live with...she's a CRANKY CRANKY baby! All night long ,she'll wake up crying (and her cry has recently changed from cute baby to wailing toddler...you moms know what I'm talking about!). So between her & Bliss, I'm not getting much sleep. I've gone through 2 boxes of white chocolate tea in the past 2 weeks (which I'm now out of, and the stores don't sell it anymore! *sniff*). I'll have to switch to the hard stuff- coffee- pretty soon.
So I'm afraid I haven't been having many dreams the past few nights- I've just been too exhausted!

Hugs to all! I'm gonna go change a few diapers, start some laundry, eat some breakfast (if I have time!), water the garden & help with school work. Then it'll be time to feed the baby again...change some diapers...LOL...on and on and on...
As tired as I am, I love every minute! :O)

o

Just thought I'd share some pictures of some of what I have blooming right now. Adora thinks it's her responsibility to pick everything in bloom, so there isn't much remaining in my gardens at this point! LOL

Yellow iris (name tag is MIA, but maybe it's "Carolina Gold"?)
Photobucket

"Red at Night"
Photobucket

Michelle's rose & "Honorable" iris
Photobucket

Bliss
Photobucket

o

hi ladies....remember me LOL

been a long time. i think of you all often. life has taken a completely different path for me this last year, but hopefully i can get back to a little more stability and gardening with my favorite group.

i can't see (from work) any of the pix posted, wish i could. i am assuming melissa you had another baby? congrats! i have months and months of OBF stuff to catch up on. not sure where i left off. carol, congrats on the business. i can't view your website from work, it's something else that's blocked. i'm wondering how long before the internet police see that i am on this site before it gets blocked. oh well, i guess i'm here to work, not surf the web.

anyway, theresa, if it's not too late, i'd love to join in this month.

as for my dreams....i really only have one garden related dream - NO WEEDS!!!!!!

talk to you all soon!
maryanne

o

MARYANNE! Hey Lady! We've missed you! So good to see you post again! And it's your birthday this month, isn't it? I had forgot to post it (dagnabit!). I sure hope you're doing OK. Glad you can join us, too! It'll be great having you play with us again.
Yes, baby #7 arrived April 20th. Blessing Ilora is her name. She's doing wonderful! Such a blessing indeed! :o)

How are our other ladies doing? There surely hasn't been much posting going on lately. It'd be nice to hear from everyone!

o

Hi, everyone!
Since all I seem to post about lately is illness and dental problems, I had to stop in and pass along some good news today. Well, it starts out with bad news. We had a stray cat show up about 10 years ago and he wouldn't take "no" for an answer so he became our pet. He grew up on his own in the woods and was not a cat who could adapt to the indoors so he stayed outside and in the garage. He did not wander at all once we got him neutered and stayed right here at the house and was always in view. Any time we came home and the garage door would open, he would run to his food bowl to make sure it was still there. I had just taken him for his checkup and shots last Friday and everything was fine. Well, the last time I saw him was Monday. There is no way he wandered off, so something has happened to him and I am sick about it. He was my gardening buddy - always there when I worked outside in the yard. Anyway, after a tearful week, I decided to look at pets looking for homes last evening and found a cat that I thought was absolutely gorgeous. I went in and adopted him today! They call him a Himalayan Mix and he is about 2 1/2 years old - a coat like a Persian and the coloring of a sealpoint Siamese. He has blue eyes and is so pretty and is an extremely nice, people-oriented cat. I am really happy with him. (Now to get him and our dog used to one another. She got along with the other cat and vice versa so it is a matter of time. The dog is just very large and let's say "enthusiastic!" This cat has been de-clawed and even if that was not the case, with the adoption agreement, he has to be an inside cat.
So there is my good news to go with the bad. Trying to think of a new name for him. I don't like the one he came with but I think he has only had it for a few weeks so no big deal. Maybe I will let my husband name this pet. He is not much of an indoor pet person so he was really sweet to let me get this cat!
My other bad news is that last Saturday I had a major problem with my left eye. This same thing happened with the right eye last August. Anyway, between that and my cat disappearing, I was really feeling down this week. My eye should be okay... just need to have the retina specialist keep checking on it. (You know how my timing is --- I was going to go for an eye exam and new glasses on Tuesday. Obviously that got postponed, but at least all this happened before I paid for new glasses that would then need to be replaced.)
It is so hot and dry here. My plants were full of buds and when the flowers open, they are gone in a day. Even the stems will droop about 45 degrees or so midday. Here comes summer, I guess!
I am sure I will take pictures of the new cat soon and will post one. I hope to have a name for him by then.
Melissa, Bliss is so pretty! She has already lost the brand new baby look and has such a beautiful face. She looks like she could be a model in an ad for baby things!
Maryanne, we missed you! Glad to see you drop in.
Everyone have a Happy Mother's Day!
Jeanne

o

Yay!!! Maryanne is in! Glad to "see" you back. I know how life can pull you from gardening. My gardens are in their best flush of the year and have barely had time to get out there at all.

Melissa, thanks for posting the pics! The blooms are great but can't compete with Bliss!

Will post partners tomorrow!

Theresa

o

Theresa,

I hope I am not to late to join. I would love to do some dreaming with you all.

I am dreaming of all that is good and lovely and happy and fun................

Annie

o

Okay, well I pulled these out randomly so I hope I didn't mess up or give anyone a partner they've sent to recently. Let's be creative and grant your partner's dreams! Let's get those trade pages updated too ;)

Melissa sends to Remy
Shirley sends to Annie
Carol sends to Margo
Theresa sends to Shirley
Remy sends to Margaret
Margo sends to Maryanne
Margaret sends to Carol
Maryanne sends to Theresa
Annie sends to Melissa

o

Sent an email to Maryanne, just waiting for a reply so I can get to know her and then I can decide what to put in her box.

Weather here is not so good. So much for getting in the garden to do anything which is a tradition for me on Mother's day. It is cold and windy after nasty storms yesterday and last night. Tomorrow doesn't look so great either so I can that is a 20 year tradition broken. I am bummed so I am going to go do the next best thing and take a nap. I hope everyone else is fairing better in their part of the country.

o

Melissa Bunny....I will be in touch with you in the next day or two.

Happy Mother's day to you and all the other dreamers!

Annie

o

I get to send to Remy! Great! :o) Is there something special that your pretty heart desires, Miss Remy? (something that I can actually help provide, anyway! lol!)

And Miss Annie will be sending to me! I know it'll be an awesome box, Annie! You're always so thoughtful!

Happy Mother's day to everyone! I hope ya'll have a good one!

o

Happy Mother's Day to all! Hope you have a great one full of blessings!

o

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms!
Jeanne

o

Happy Mother's Day to all you moms! Margo, don't worry too much about not being in the garden today, I did it for you. 4+ hours worth in fact. (I'm pooped!) Time to rest and clean up, then to call my own mom. Happy swapping!
~Laura

o

Laura, I did end up in the garden today for awhile. I potted up thirty plants for a swap I am going to in two weeks.

I weeded and mulched a couple of areas in front. I pooped as well. I am watching Amazing Race and then will be taking a nice long bath.

I hope everyone had a great Mother's Day. I got a shed a few weeks back and it will be delivered next weekend. I also got some much needed gardening tools. To top that off, my husband put in three more raised gardens for me this afternoon. They just need to be filled in with the soil and they are ready.

It was a great day. Margo

o

Margo, sounds like you ended up being pretty productive, but really, pooping in the front? That is just silly! *Grins*
~Laura

o

good morning everyone. hope you all had a wonderful mother's day. it's annoying that one day is supposed to be special...if i had it my way, EVERYDAY would be - mother or not!!!!!

annie, i'll check your email from home. i can't get into my account from work. too many blocks/restrictions. i wonder how long it will be before the internet police notice i'm visiting GW.

thanks for the welcome back. melissa, congrats on number 17 LOL. are you trying to get a reality tv show? how's the house coming along?

theresa, so we are making our partner's dreams come true? sorry to say you will be waiting a long time.....i have a hard time cleaning my house let alone anyone else's LOL but i certainly share a love of reading.

looking forward to getting back into the swing of things. i actually spent a little time doing some weeding and planting. i moved my granddaughter's garden bed into yet another temporary spot, but i think a much better spot (for now). my herb garden needs a bit of work, but one thing at a time. my iris are poppping like mad. my granddaughter is picking everything in sight, at the same time, learning the plant names. i have asked her to at least let me see the bloom before she takes off all the flowers. she is so opposed to stems, just likes the flower.

i do not believe i spent a minute in any of my flower beds in the last year, so my body is certainly getting used to those familiar aches and pains all over again. i am getting OLD!!!!!!

well, before they come and issue me a bad girl slip, i'll end this and be back later.

be well everyone, nice to be back in the swing of things!!!!

happy blooms,
maryanne

o

Maryanne, please contact me with your address and interests, information and such so I can get an idea of what to send. Thanks Margo

o

Hi, Ladies-How great I send to Carol. Now what do you send to a great lady who has her own flower shop? Oh, do I need ideas!

Carol, Please email me & give me some ideas of how to make your summer a great one for you.

All Ladies-If any of you know what would delight this dear one, please email me. I want to make it a great box for her.

What a day here with lots of wind, rain & cool temps. I had to bring my plants in last night as a freeze warning was out. Also supposed to be more of the same for most of the week. Sure am late getting much done this Spring. I did get some of the beds cleaned up a little. I want to get those done well & mulched good (a goal I have had for several years) so I can go out & just enjoy my plants. Guess that is one of my summer dreams, too.

What a precious new one for you to love & care for, Bunny. I love your family & what a great Mother you are. I have a granddaughter who is of the same mindset as you. She has a little girl who will be 3 the 29th of July, another little girl who will be 2 the 12th of August & is due with her 3rd the 2nd of August. She says they have accepted they will always be poor money wise but want at least 6 children. Such good parents they are. I do wish they lived closer as I really enjoy those little girls.

So nice to see all you ladies posting. I am glad you all had a wonderful Mother's Day & pray you'll have a great week. Blessings, Margaret

o

Mon, May 10, 10 at 21:02

Hi All,
Hope you all had a great Mother's Day.

Melissa,
I'm sure I'll be happy with what ever you send : ) I got my wants up to date if that helps any.
Nice photos. Not sure if I sent it to you or not, but the iris is Honorabile not Honorable. I know it makes no sense, but that is how it is spelled.

Jeanne,
Glad to hear you got a new kitty.
Since the Invisible Fence guy was nice enough to move the line farther out and into the lawn without charging more, guess what I decided to do? Yes, you guessed right, lol, I'm expanding the front bed. I think it is going to look really nice. So my mistake ends up being a good garden thing!

Have a good night everyone,
Remy

o

Remy~ Your box will be headed out tomorrow. I'll post the DC# when I have it. I received that iris a few years back in one of my first GW trades, and I don't remember who from. It wasn't anyone in the group, though...it was on the plant exchange. Good to know the correct spelling, either way. :)

We had a bad storm pass through here this morning. I woke up to wind coming in the windows and blowing the covers off the bed, things off the desk...pictures off the walls & the noise was incredible. Every kid in the house woke up, ran down stairs...just knowing that the house was coming down around them. Tree limbs are all over the yard (mostly from the neighbors trees!), one fell on the van, and we've got a tree down on the hill behind our house. Siding has been ripped off one side of the house (we JUST got that fixed from the ice storm, too!! UGH!) and there is a power pole snapped in half across the road from us- and the neighbors are missing the roof of their chicken house. Whew, it's a mess!
Turns out the storm had 60pmh winds, and there was some rotation in the clouds right above where we live. It could've been MUCH worse, so we're thankful.
Just a bad way to wake up, though....I needed 3 cups of coffee after that. LOL

It was headed over Melinda's way, so I hope she's OK. We haven't heard from her in quiet awhile, so I hope things are good with her.

Hope everyone has a great day!

o

Wow bunny, that sounds a little frightening. I am glad you are all OK. You have quite a gang to worry about in a situation like that. We have had some scary moments in the past. One was somewhat of our own mini tornado that tossed our deck furniture around the area. One chair was found in the ditch down the road and the only way it could have gotten where we found it was through the air. The other was when we lived in town. Our area had staight line winds of 100 mph. They are strong but thankfully fast. Tore up some trees and some plane hangers at the county airport.

It has been rainy and chilly here. I can't get out in the garden due to the rains. Now it is extremely muggy and warm and there are tstorms predicted for later with the possibility of damaging winds and tornadoes.

I am hoping to get in the garden this weekend and get my box off on Sunday. I have so much to do out there. I have my daughters graduation party in almost two weeks so want things looking good.

Good luck to those of you experiencing the bad weather. Margo

o

hi everyone. can you believe it's mid-may already? where the heck does time go anymore??????????

melissa, that's quite a mess to clean up. winds here last weekend were crazy and came out of nowhere. then the rains. weather is unreal anymore....like someOne is sending a message! your daughter is adorable and i just love the name.

i lost my trade list (yet again). does GW do a sweep when you are inactive to save some space? Stinks too, because I lost plants and/or tags, and a list would allow me to do process of elimination

my iris are in full force and i am loving it. so is my granddaughter who just loves to pick them. every day i come home there's a pile of flowers. she is not into the stems, she only wants the flowers, so i can't even salvage them to a vase. i don't really mind, she's initiated into gardening and eventually she'll get the drift.

peonies are next and i am just itching for them. i noticed the guy across the street are just starting to open and i'm usually about a week or so behind his. i cannot wait.

the azaleas have just fizzled out and the rhodies are popping, everything else is so lush and green - so alive!

well i'm off to a relaxing few days in the mountains. hope everyone has a great weekend.

theresa, i'm hoping to get my box together next week. i need to get back in the mode LOL

happy blooms!
maryanne

o

How frightening to have those storms and so sorry to hear you have damage once again, Melissa. Thank goodness everyone is okay.
Interesting about irises. I had a very good year with mine last year and this year when almost everything else has done well, my irises did not bloom much. Maybe I need to thin them. If so, that will be a fall project once it cools off. The iris that Remy sent me in the April swap has a bud so it must be happy here. I will be excited to see the blossom on it.
Here is something kind of funny/curious. I still have quite a few winter sowing jugs with plants and seedlings in them because I grow way too many plants and it takes a long time for me to get them transplanted in the ground or other containers. Anyway, a bird built a nest in one of them and has at least one egg in there. I sure have to water carefully when I water around that milk jug. The little bird will come flying out when I am there watering and I talk to it a little and I don't think it is very scared. I am pretty sure it is a Carolina Wren. It sure surprised me the first time a bird came flying out to the milk jug when I wasn't expecting it.
Have a good weekend, everyone!
Jeanne

o

Margaret thankyou for the sweet words. Maryanne you have been missed where are grandaughter pics ?Bunny give my poor lil Lili a big hug. she must feel a lil sad not to be the baby anymore. Bliss is a doll but not quite as cute as Lili.are you staying away from mr bunny ? you need a break. We got our first order for a prom hair clip with orchids today. exciting to get our first order. Margo's box will ship out on the 17th wanted to make her dreams come true so ordered a direct ship from a grower. sure hope she likes it. hugs to all carol

o

Maryann, check you emails as I need you to resend your address.

I finally have a clear weekend to get out in the garden but it is still chilly. I am going to have my morning coffee and then go out. I doubt my family will see much of me unless they go outside to the gardens. :)

My husband and I went up to Toledo for a doctors visit. We stopped at our favorite market for fruits and they had flowers. I picked up some small perennials for 99 cents. They are smaller but we all know how fast they grow so I was tickled to get a grab at them.

Have a good weekend everybody. Margo

o

hi everyone.

margo, i can't get into my email from work and i am having some comptuer issues at home, so please just take whatever information off the questionnaires that we take the time to complete and remy sends to everyone. if you don't have it, i won't be able to get back to you until the weekend when i can hit the library and get on a computer. i did in fact answer your original email.

theresa, where are you? where's your trade page?

remy, did yo plant your entire front lawn? wow, all that room you have to put in plants. you'd be the envy of the neighborhood. hope all is well with you.

i got caught in the tail end of a storm on friday. they were calling for a tornado, right into where i was driving. i just pulled to the side of the road and let it beat down on my car. that was scarey as all get out. i'm blown away by the people that just keep driving in no visibility weather. there were only a few wreaks ahead when it finally cleared, but i sure wasn't taking a chance. and oh my goodness, the size of the hail and the pounding it did....totally insane.

carold, congrats on your first order. the first of many to come. pin your business cards/flyers in laundromats, bakeries, send flyers to the local schools ~~ especially for prom time, and funeral homes. your biz will pick up real quick.

jeanne, that is really neat that a bird was comfortable enough to build its nest there. what type of flower is in the jug? i have a large wreath that hangs on my front porch and the robin built a nest on top of it. a little strange every time we would open the front door that there was so much commotion, but i guess it was doing it's best to get away from that horrid little quirrel that wreaks havoc on them.

my peonies are all beginning to open. funny story, last night when i got home i noticed they were in bloom. my granddaughter had come out of the house as i pulled up and when i got out of the car i commented that they were opened and that i wanted to smell them. real loud she says to me "grandmom, why do you want to smell the panties"? we got a good chuckle out that one.

where did the month of may go already???????????

be well everyone, happy blooms!
maryanne

o

Remy's box went out this morning, instead of Friday as planned. (forgot the DC, though!)
We had another round of storms on Friday, and more yesterday morning. Of course, lots of rain in between each major storm, so our yard is under a few inches of water. That's down from the few feet we had for awhile yesterday morning. Having a house built in the middle of an old creek bed has it's disadvantages. LOL Good thing we've got a canoe. :P

Hubby had his EKG on Friday, so we're waiting the results on that. My nephew had one on Friday as well- he has a heart murmur, and they're trying to figure out how bad it is & what should be done. My uncle ALSO had an EKG on Friday, and we're waiting for results on that one as well.
Busy day, Friday! Just funny that they'd all have to go on the same day, to different cardiologists, even.

Got to get back to the laundry & homeschooling stuff. Just wanted to apologize for not getting Remy's box out sooner. I feel like I fell in quicksand....everything has piled up all at once! UGH. I hate that feeling!

Hugs to all!
Melissa

o

Hi Everyone, Just want to pop in and say hi. Have been lurking from time to time, but dealing with trying to start renovations has kept me pretty busy. Son is home from school for summer and has a job, but keeps all odd hours. No one ever is sleeping at the same time around here.

Maryanne, glad to see you're back! Some of the iris you sent me last year are blooming lovely!

My Carolina wrens have fledged after exactly two weeks. All five left the same day. We now have a nest of five Chicadee eggs in a nest box. As we have so many wrens around, I am now worried about the chicadees. I never knew they were destructive to other birds' nests and broods until reading it a couple of days ago.

Here are a few of my favorite flowers out now.
Batik iris

Cheers,
Dottie

o

Hi All!
Nothing new in my neck of the woods. Just popping in to say hello!!

Dottie~ That is one stunning iris!

later....April

o

Maryann, I loved the story about your granddaughters comment. I did in fact get your emails but was finger happy and deleted it in error.:0 Thanks for letting me know why I had not heard from you when I sent my explanation via email. I do have your email as I saved the OBF questionnairre. Thanks for reminding me. Your box contents are ready, I just need to get out and dig up things. Thursday looks better for that.

Of course, I am off tomorrow and the rain is falling again. I am getting really concerned about my plants. I have clay soil and I am so afraid the ground will stay so moist, the roots will begin to rot. Since we started everything from bare ground, I would be just sick to lose it all. I can't get my seeds in either. If it isn't rain, the wind is blowing so hard, I am afraid the seeds would blow right out of my hand. It has been raining hard today and is supposed to continue through tomorrow. Wednesday and Thursday will be dry but then rain is back on Friday and Saturday.

Dottie, loved the picture. Those flowers are beautiful.

Bunny, I hope your hubbies EKG was fine. Your family sure kept those technicians hopping.

Stay dry everyone. Margo

o

Mon, May 17, 10 at 21:56

Hi All,
I got some gardening done today. That was after I got home from the lymphedema specialist. I found out I have it last week. My arm has been bugging me and I haven't done too much lately. Lymphedema is swelling from a messed up lymphatic system. So now I have to wear a compression arm sleeve all day and make sure I take breaks a lot when I use my arm. I also have to go for therapy twice a week. I don't want my arm to swell up like a sausage.

Melissa,
I'm glad to hear you didn't mail after no package came today. It's ok, there was no hurry anyway. Geesh, you've had more than your share of bad weather. I hope all the men n your family have good test results.

Maryanne,
That is too funny about your granddaughter! Many of my iris opened during the cold wet snap and looked awful, but a few are going to bloom still so I'm hopeful for some pretty blooms. I can't wait for the peonies either. I always think of you and your umbrella idea.
No there is still some lawn, lol. The front is tore up since I couldn't do much with how my arm has been. It will look great when I'm done though. I did hear that all the sewer work they've been doing around my neighborhood is going to end up coming down my street and digging up the area between the sidewalk and street. If you remember, that area is much wider than the normal strip on most streets. If they do come and tear it up, I'm not going to grow grass back, I'm going to put in a garden of low growers sort of like a rock garden out there. Oh! I did put pea gravel down on the south side of the house. Ir looks great. I'll have to take a pic.
Hope you get your computer issues fixed.

Jeanne,
That's amazing that a bird made a nest in your container! It is also cool that you have buds on the iris I sent you. It is toughie!

Carol,
Congrats on the first order!

Dottie,
Great pic of the iris!
About the birds, try to place 2 birdhouses near each other. This helps because the birds have territories. If one gets taken by a wren, another wren will not take the second house. So then chickadees can use the other one. They can have a second set of eggs if the first gets ruined too.

Hi April!

Margo,
Don't worry, most plants will survive.

Margaret,
I'm still thinking about your box. I've a got a couple things potted up, but I'm behind as you probably can tell.

Hi to everyone else!
Remy

o

Hi Ladies,

Sorry to be away...just life getting busy as usual.

Remy, sorry about your arm. How frustrating that must be for someone as active and busy as you. Take care of it!

Melissa, prayers that everything is going well with all those cardiologists. Things do come in three's huh?

Shirley, I've been working on getting your box together. I hope to have it ready by the end of the week.

Well, off to work. Just three more weeks until I am free all summer!

Theresa

o

Melissa Bunny,

I have not forgotten you!!!!

I am planning on sending your "Dreams Come True" box out next Monday or Tuesday. I am waiting on something which I do not think will be here until Friday or Monday.

To all, a very happy Tuesday!!

Annie

o

No worries, Annie! It will give me something to look forward to. And I know it'll be worth the wait. :o)

o

Wed, May 19, 10 at 13:29

My box from Melissa arrived today. It is nice that I forgot it was coming, so it was a pleasant surprise!
I got quite the assortment of stuff. In it was:

3 watering globes, very pretty
citronella candle
hanging mosquito eliminators, these are good, the mosquitoes love me
Freesia bulbs, I've not grown them so this is different
'Sweet Fairy' Micro-mini Rose, I don't know this one! I'll have to look it up.
Airborn Tablets
Expandable Soil Pellets
Flower sticky notes and pad
Lip Butter, dark chocolate and cherry, sounds good!
Hand cream
Strawberry silicon Tea Infuser, I've never seen anything like it
A little floral decorated sign that says "I Love My Garden"

Thank you Melissa! : )
Ok, time to get back out and work on stuff,
Remy

o

Remy are you a little behind or a big behind ? got 2nd order today 18 roses with stargazers. beautiful if I do say so myself. Margo no delivery yet ? plants must be coming by donkey. big hugs to all my bloomin friends

o

hi everyone

theresa, i sent an email through GW, hope you got it. i can't check home email until this weekend.

margo, i responded to yours from my work email address. hope you got that and that it answered all your questions.

carol, you are too funny...are you a little behind or a big behind. congrats on order #2, i'm sure it will be beautiful. so will you be growing much of what you are selling?

remy, we just had pounding rains and i looked at those peonies yesterday morning and said "dang, i should have put up the umbrellas"!!!! LOL what a sight that would be. i hope all is well with you and that you aren't experiencing the swelling. i did the same thing when they worked on our sewer - especailly since they were filling in the holes with crap dirt, so i just planted that landing strip. still have dog owners that don't know any better or are just ignorant, but so far so good.

melissa, sounds like a great box you sent. glad you were first, gives me some ideas.

if any of you pray and have room to fit in another name, please add my friend liz to your list. she was just diagnosed with her second round of cancer, has been told they can treat it, it will never be cured and that she has a 50/50 chance. she has this tumor on her neck which they won't operate on since it's laying on an artery. but she also has nodules and other things all throughout her body. i'm blown away by her attitiude and disposition - don't know if i could be that upbeat. and here for the last day i've been all annoyed and angry even over a necklace. boy do i need to check myself! so, if you can, remember her...thanks!

i have an asiatic lily that is just about open, at least one of the buds. i have hundreds on my property, but just one is ready. i love the process and the progress, i just lvoe going out first thing in the morning and walking around to see what's popping up.

whoever has an updated list of the current OBF members, would you please send it. i have a folder full of questionaires, but not sure if all the same players are still around.

have a great day everyone,
happy blooms!!!!!!!!!!

maryanne

o

Hi Maryanne. I didn't get a GW mail but I did get a regular email. Was it the one about my trade list? Sorry to have not updated it. It disappeared. Anyway, whatever you send will be great. I love getting boxes from up there because what is common to you is probably not to me here. My GW questionare is pretty up to date....just looking for more perennials. I love pastels but I have all colors. I have a lot of sun and some part sun but not much full shade. Does this help? I will probably not be able to update trade list for a couple weeks. 14 school days and counting!

I will be praying for your friend along with so many others right now that are needing prayers. I have two aunts with cancer. One of them has brain cancer that is very treatable but they won't treat it due to a weak heart. So they give her about 2 months. It would seem that they would take a chance with the heart if she will definitely die from the cancer. Doesn't make sense to me.

Shirley, I've been getting things together but there are also things I need to dig so I will spend the weekend making it perfect and mail out on Monday.

Theresa

o

Hi Girls, I wrote this great big long posting to everyone by name last night and it disappeared! Sorry I don't have time to do it over, but wanted to say hi and am thinking of you all. More later.
Dottie

o

Remy~ Glad your box got there & I hope you enjoy everything. I wanted to send more plants, but with the yard being under so much water, I just couldn't.
Today is the first day we've seen sunshine in about 2 weeks. We had a few toad stranglers again yesterday, but now the sky is a beautiful blue, and the garden is only under 2" of water. LOL It's supposed to remain clear & sunny for the next few days, so maybe things will dry out a bit. I sure hope so!

Have a great weekend everyone! It's FRIDAY! Woo-Hoo!! :o)

o

theresa, thanks for the response. i sent the email through GW and after i hit send i thought to myself what good is it if i can't access LOL anyway, thanks for answering here. glad to know emails go through, i always read that people don't get email through GW, which doesn't make sense, but..... no problem with updating, i have no clue where my page went.

i'll work on your box this weekend, hopefully. got a jammed packed weekend but i'm sure i can fit some time in. i have a few things in mind, but now that i see what you are looking for, i have to access what to send.

okay, time to get back to work.

have a great night everyone!

maryanne

o

I hope everyone is having a great weekend! It's broiling here. Well, to me, anyway! LOL Near 90 degrees after having so much rain & being in the 60's is just too much...ESPECIALLY with no AC. The humidity is awful...it feels like you're being steam cooked. :P

I thought I'd share some pictures. I finally caught one of Blessing's smiles on camera! It's not her first, but it's the first one I've been able to catch. She was in a smiling mood today. :o)
Photobucket

Photobucket

I told her bubby that he must smell like fruit loops or something...cuz she sure doesn't smile that much when anyone else holds her! LOL

o

What cute pictures, Melissa! She has grown so much already. I know what you mean about the heat. I never like hot weather, but it seems like I can't deal with it at all this year. We have not gotten any rain and into the 90's today and bright, bright (very hot) sunshine so my poor plants are very unhappy.
I hope everyone had a good weekend.
Jeanne

o

Hello, I hope everyone is doing well. Sorry I haven't had the chance to pop in more often.

Carol, how wonderful that business is taking off. Congratulations!

Maryanne and Theresa (and anyone else who needs), I'll send out healing wishes for your friends and family members.

Melissa, Bliss has gotten sooo big! She looks like she is perpetually happy, too. And gotta love those chubby baby cheeks and chin... perfect for tickling!

Apologies if I've missed anyone. So much news to catch up on!
~Laura

o

I was able to get my box done up and mailed today.

DC 03091830000158561611 I hope Maryanne likes the contents.

I went to a well attended plant swap yesterday and came home with some great new plants. The heat came in full force yesterday and will remain high for the week so hopefully everything will survive it. I planted anything that was droopy and the healthier things will go in tomorrow.

My daughter graduates Friday night and her party is on Sunday but the weather is calling for better temperatures then. Thank goodness.

Hope everyone is having a great start to their week. Margo

o

Melissa Bunny,

Your "Dreams Come True" went out today....some dreams, not all of them...LOL! I hope you enjoy.................
Your a good little bunny!

DC # 0309 2880 0001 9669 3291 sent from 92812

Prayers for my Dad please. I called 911 for him late this afternoon after getting a message from him...he sounded like hell on the message....slurred speech....very unlike him. I just spoke with him at the hospital and, of course, he says he feels great. He is truly a classic...almost 87 and only ticked off because he can not watch the Angel game and Fox news...what a guy!

Happy Tuesday to all!

Annie

o

good morning everyone!

annie, will keep your dad in my prayers. sounds a little like a stroke. i sure hope everything is getting better.

melissa, boo hoo....i can't see pix on the computer at work, always just the red x box. i did buy a new laptop, so i need to get it up and running. load programs, etc. i tried it a little but it's mouseless and boy, is that strange. i don't want to get a mouse, i want to conquer this thing. i also have to learn about wireless because i've had it with wires!!!

margo, thanks so much for the birthday card, that was very nice. i do look forward to receiving your box. it's been quite a while since i have done a trade, and i am really looking forward to it. i'm certain i will love what you send.

theresa, sorry, but i'm running behind. we've had some rain, i've had minimal time, i'm so confused what to send...i'm sure i have other excuses, not that i want them to be excuses, but i am working on it,

i hope everyone is doing well and being rewarded in the garden everyday!

anyone with big plans for the memorial day weekend?

talk to you all soon
maryanne

o

Wow, a box arrived on my doorstep a little while ago and I was flabbergasted. Carol really does make dreams come true. She ordered some echinaceas for me from Great Garden Plants. In the box I found Green envy, hot papaya, and coconut lime as well as a Joan Senior daylily. I have wanted these varieties for a long time especially the coconut lime. All I can say is WOW.

If anyone ever wants to order plants on line, I highly recommend this place. The plants arrived in a nice big box with plenty of room but were packed in such a way you could tell they never moved an inch. The plants are a nice size and in great condition. One even has its first bloom.

I can't wait to see these in full bloom. I can't thank Carol enough. Fantastic, fantastic, fantastic.

I am going to get these in the ground once the heat lets up. I had to turn on the air conditioning this afternoon. I did some morning gardening but felt it best to come in for the afternoon.

Thanks to our host Theresa for hosting this fabulous swap. Carol, I hope your dreams come true as well. Margo

o

Margo~ I saw hot papaya for the first time a few weeks ago- it's a stunner! I love echinaceas...I've only got 2, but I want to add more. They're just gorgeous- even the regular pink ones! My grandma always had them growing wild behind her house, and I remember picking big bouquets of them when I was little. Good memories!
Good job, Carol! Sounds like a great box! :D

Annie~ I'll keep your dad in my prayers. I think Maryanne is right- it does sound like a minor stroke...one of those warning ones. I hope he continues to improve. Hugs to you & I'm looking forward to checking my mail for the next few days! Something other than bills! Yay! :o)

Hi Laura! Glad to see you post! Wondered where you were! :o) I know you're incredibly busy right now, so I was hoping that was all that kept you away. I hope things settle down for you soon.

We still haven't heard back from hubby's DR about the EKG. He's having it checked out by another DR, so I'm not sure that's a good sign. We've always been told within a day or 2 with the others. They do want to do more tests, though.But we have to get current on all of our outstanding bills. It's frustrating. I'm just hoping for a resolution soon. I HATE not knowing what's wrong & I hate having so many bills we can't pay.

Anyway. Off to finish supper for the kiddos. For some odd reason, I cooked a turkey today. It just sounded good, even though heating up the kitchen with the oven wasn't the best thing. *whew* It's REALLY hot in here now! :o) Thank goodness for iced tea! LOL

Hugs to all!

o

Shirley, many apologies that your box hasn't gone out yet. I thought I'd have more time but I do have it mostly together. I am going to put the finishing touches on it tonight and definitely send tomorrow. Will post DC then.

Maryann, no worries. I am in no hurry. Sorry for not having my list updated. I am not making it easy but, truly, I will appreciate anything. I can always find a place for whatever it is. While I am at soccer tonight, maybe I can write a want list to help out. Will try.

Annie, glad your Dad is feeling better. Men can be such hardheads about getting medical help. Will be praying for him.

Will try to be back later tonight. Gotta run again.

Theresa

o

Hello everyone!

Just wanted to pop in and tell you all how sorry I am to have disappeared last month! Did all of the Goddesses recieve their boxes? It has been crazy here, I really am not ready to talk about it, but I am very worried, not sleeping well. To top it off everyone has been sick with the flu, except me (for once) The weather has been cool and wet. Thank heaven for gardening, I am not sure that I would cope without the time spent digging to take my mind off of things I cannot change.

AAAARRRRRGGGGG. I have not read all of the messages yet, so I don't know what is up with y'all, but I will soon (I hope)

I just wanted to say HEY! I hope you are all feeling and doing well... I will try to stop in and catch up, it is just difficult for me to sit still for long without worrying.

Best wishes and HAPPY GARDENING to you all
Frances

o

I received three beautiful double lily bulbs direct from the grower courtesy of Margaret today also a catalog with pics, they are real beauties. Thank you Margaret you have made my dreams come true I love them. you are a very special thoughtful lady. thank you big hugs extatic carol

o

Bunny, once I get the coneflowers all settled and multiplying, perhaps I can share. The hybrids don't come true from seed but I believe the Green Envy can grow from seed. I have others such as two varieties of white, pink, and a sunset along with the standard purple. I have to get the old ones labeled this summer so I know which are which when it comes to harvesting. If the hybrids separate easily, we can work something out.

I did get the contents in the garden and all look happy. I have to hang my gloves for a few days as my daughter is graduating Friday night and her party is Sunday. I need to start working on cleaning, shopping, setting up, and then Saturday will be spent cooking and baking. The party is always fun but the prep stresses me out.

My gardening is way behind because the cold weather hung around too long, then we got the days and days of rain. I have a vegie garden planted but no flowers seeds are in yet. I did start planting on some straw bales. I did some watermelon and cukes but still need to add some more to those. My new shed will be arriving sometime next week and that will be handy for keeping my supplies closer. I keep things in my garage now and my main gardens are out back.

Frances, whatever is happening in your life, I hope it all works itself out soon. You need to stop and take a breath every once in awhile. Stress can do crazy things to your health. Hang in there.

Margo

o

melissa, i am finally able to see your beautiful Blessing. my oh my, those cheeks, i could just eat her up.

i'm trying to get used to this new laptop, it's so strange. i wish i could take a class but i would want it specific to this computer, not in general
if i repeat myself forgive me, i can't always scroll back up, i don't know why, i'm touching the wrong buttons or something.

has anyone read the mitford series of books? i just got turned on to this series a month ago and i am so hooked. great stories.

took my granddaughter to see the new shrek movie. not my favorite of all the shreks, but it was good. it's a wonderful life comes to the swamp.

francis, as hard as it can be, sometimes it's good to just detach. i'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

nice dream box you sent carol. what a nice addition to your gardens margo.

theresa, i feel terrible but your box won't go out until next week, when i have the time to devote to it. if i'm going to dig, i certainly don't want to be doing it in this horrendous heat and i think we are getting some rain this weekend, but i will be away until tuesday morning.

talk to you all soon
be well, happy blooms

maryanne

o

No worries at all Maryanne, I'm in no hurry. I always underestimate how busy I will be trying to close out the school year. We are very close now :) It is always so rush rush rush and then....nothing. So it's a weird change of pace switching into summer.

Shirley, your box did go out yesterday. I will post DC later when I can get to the receipt. I gotta run....another day full of kindergarteners awaits me.

Theresa

o

I checked my mail today, and underneath the water bill, electric bill & overdraft notice from the bank was ANNIE'S BOX!
Yay for GOOD, HAPPY mail! :D

Here's what she sent:

~Card- cute ruby slippers card!
~Plants: African basil & pineapple sage (yay!)
~Cinnamon Vanilla Danish candle (oh, this smells YUMMMY!!!)
~Starburst candies & truffles sprinkled through out the box
~4 GIANT candy bars & one Snickers! Mmmmmmm....
~2 magnetic floral notepads (I ALWAYS need these!)
~4 pairs of CUTE CUTE CUTE ankle socks!
~Large, fluffy kitchen towel with wine & grapes on it (so neat!)
~80's style sunglasses! Love them!
~Large bag of Kona coffee (yummy!)
~Chapstick (always need this!!)
~Body butter & spray -"Delicate Petals"...This smells SO GOOD, I couldn't wait until after my shower...I had to use it NOW! :o)
~Plant markers (need these!!)
~Pink t-shirt with flipflops & the words "United States of America". PERFECT for this weekend!
~Cute skirt/shirt outfit for Blessing (so pretty!)

Annie, THANK YOU SO MUCH for such a great box! I love everything! I plan on wearing the shirt for out cookout on Sunday, sharing the starburst with the kiddos & *maybe* sharing the chocolate with hubby. Maybe. LOL
I REALLY needed this after getting so much *YUCKY* mail today. Perfect timing! :o)

Thank You Pictures, Images and Photos
~

o

Melissa,

I am glad you enjoyed your dreams box. I do hope the basil and pineapple sage made it OK. Were they smashed/dead? I almost did not put them in for fear they did not have enough room.....

No stroke for my Dad!!! He overdid his nitro....in other words he was overly generous with his sublingual sprays. Classic example....more is not always better!!!! He knows better as he has been using the stuff for many years. His blood pressure dropped out thus the slurred speech. They kept him overnight and did quite a few tests. Everything is great!

Have a lovely and safe Memorial weekend!

Annie

o

Annie, I'm so glad to hear your dad is OK. It sounds like yall had a good scare though, so hopefully he'll monitor his nitro closer.

Does anyone have big plans for this weekend? My friend Erin and I are doing a cookout this evening. I've been marinating chicken since last night in sage (from the garden!) and a little soy sauce. It is supposed to be a beautiful day, too!
~Laura

o

Annie, that is great news about your dad. Glad he's doing better.

Shirley hasn't been around much this month. I hope all is okay with her. The DC number on her package (03100480000336094267) shows it was delivered Friday. Hopefully, she's just busy out in the garden.

I actually got out to my garden today. Just two hours and my body is very aware as to how long it's been. Geesh! Everything was doing quite well despite my neglect, but so were the weeds! I paid my 16-year-old to come out and help pull them. Well, he only lasted about an hour, but I got most of it under control....now when school gets out in a week and a half....I can just have fun out there :)

Traveling an hour south tomorrow for a cook-out...that's the most of our weekend plans. Hope you all have a great holiday!

Theresa

o

The post office shows Maryanne received her box. She hasn't posted so hope all is ok.

Just came in from picking up in the backyard from out graduation party for our daughter. It was really warm out today reaching almost 90 but the humidity was low. The younger folks stayed outside and the older ones stayed in the cool air. It went well but we over did the food. Too many left overs.

Tomorrow I will be in the garden all day or at least til the rains come. There are some predicted for the afternoon but we really don't need any. I just hope I can get up early enough to get out there and garden. I am exhausted. Have a good holiday everyone.

Margo

o

Hi all!
Just checking in. Have had such a busy month. Hopefully June is better:0)

Maryanne, some of the iris that you sent me last fall are flowering and I am wondering about names. The Michigan Pride tagged one is actually coming up a dark purple. I am going to try to get a picture of it. But my camera is horrible. Can you please email me so I can email you the pic. I also am awful at posting pictures on here. :0) And one of the noid's is a bright yellow with an almost red beard. IT'S GORGEOUS!

Thanks so much! and Happy Memorial Day everyone!! :0)
vina

o

I hope everyone had a great weekend! We went to my parents, and daddy grilled chicken, hamburgers & turkey for us. We had the usual sides of tater salad, grilled beans, mac & cheese. Then for dessert we had strawberry shortcake, ice cream cones, & banana pudding.
Anyone hear that noise?
*BLAM!!*
That's the sound of my diet going up in flames. LOL
Oh well.

The funny thing is, Dad's Voodoo Lily picked THIS WEEKEND to bloom! It only blooms once per year, and wouldn't ya know...the day that we decide to spend outside, trying to eat...there's the stench of dead SOMETHING wafting on the breeze. Really made the burgers taste funny. LOL
Here's a pic of Daddy's Voodoo Lily..or as he affectionately refers to him..."Sir Stinky":

Photobucket

o

It seems like forever since I have posted. I'm working overtime at work, trying to keep the weeds from taking over and we just worked in a 4 day camping trip. What fun we had even though I should have been home doing other things.

Theresa I found an awesome box waiting for me when we got home today. You really outdid yourself on my wonderful dream box.

I received:
White oil burner set....this smells divine
White candle....also smells good
Handkerchief...to wipe the sweat away (lol)
Necklace....I dearly love this....thanks
Note cards
Fresh cotton fragranced sachet..Made my bedroom smell good
Lemonade Pitcher with lemonade mixes....How thoughtful
Euphoribia 'Diamond Frost'
Verbena 'Homestead White"
White Angelina
White Columbine
White Shasta Daisy 'Becky'
White Gerbera Daisy
White Balopa - Hope that is the right spelling

Theresa I love all the white plants you found for my moon garden. Hopefully I can plan the lay-out for it soon. I do have a few white plants and with what you sent it should be a good start. Thank you so much for making my dream come true.

Annie-Your box will be mailed either Wed. or Thurs. I will let you know for sure. I have a few things to purchase and it will be ready to mail.

I will look for the post with the June-Dec swaps to see who has our next one. I'm thinking its me!!!!!!!!!!! OH NO

Shirley

o
RE: dreams come true!

January- Beth- (Something Squirrely)
February- Melissa
March- Heidi- (Egg-stra Special Swap)
April- Frances
May- Theresa
June- Shirley
July- Carol (Christmas In July)
August-
September-
October- April
November- Jeanne (Hopefully)
December-

OK I will try and come up with something for our month of June.
Hopefully I will wake tomorrow with a brainstorm.

Shirley

o

awaiting the june swap, I may have missed it or need to practice patience, take your time Shirley, just sign me up unless its iris I think I got rust, my iris have it also. hugs carol

o

hi everyone. this is short - i'll post more tomorrow.

my box from margo arrived while i was away. it arrived right the afternoon of the morning i left town and i'm just getting in now, so i will be picking it up tomorrow and post about it. i've been told it's chock full of plants. thanks in advance margo. sorry to have made you wait, but i couldn't get an internet connection while i was away.

hope everyone is well...will be back tomorrow to brag about my box.

theresa, i'll be digging this week. all the other stuff is ready, just have to spend some time doing the plant end of it.

maryanne

o

Maryanne, I sure hope those plants made it. They have been in that box for more than a week so they probably are not going to be able to save. This is one time I wish I had been late in sending. LOL I mailed it early Monday morning so it should really have arrived on Wednesday since it was priority. I am sorry if the plants did not make it. It was pretty hot.

We did get the predicted rains on Monday. It was like a monsoon went through and when it was over, we had over 2 inches of rain. The farmers fields are full and we had a quick storm that dumped more rain this morning. I am sick of the wet weather.

My daughter is undergoing some tests and some could be pretty serious. Please put her in your prayers that all will be ok. thanks

Margo

o

hi everyone. i am ashamed of myself. after all this time, i get back into trading and can't even get it together to get my end out in time and acknowledge what has been received. i did send margo an email to let her know her box came, but i didn't have a minute in the last few weeks to do much of anything. just when you think things were calmed down...oh well.

margo, what a box you sent. talk about dreams coming true. the box was chocked full of plants - all of which were nurtured and cared for while i was away and got planted as soon as i got home. i will enjoy them for years to come and hope to share them when the time comes. the fact that you remembered my granddaughter tickled us both. she loves the teddy bear and jewelry and was quite happy receiving the colorong book. i am also loving all the little extras you sent - from the nail polish to the garden sign to the notecards and seeds. everything was absolutly perfect, truly appreciated and so practical and useful!!!! what a great trader you are.

theresa, i sent you an email. your may trade (shame on me again) is finally on it's way.

maryanne

o

Sat, Jun 5, 10 at 23:00

Hi All,
It has been insane here trying to get things done. Too much to do!!

Margaret,
Your box is going out Monday come he** or high water! I promise it will be worth the wait : )
Remy

o

Mon, Jun 7, 10 at 14:47

Margaret,
Your box is on its way! DC#0309 1830 0000 6151 2892
Remy

o

I received the most wonderful box of dreams yesterday from Shirley. You were far to generous!

Miss Shirley sent me.........
Two Sharpie markers
Memo pad/magnet..."Born to shop, forced to cook"
A very COOL rooster welcome sign...love this!
Gardening hanging plaque "This flower reminds me of you"
Two pair of gloves...Atlas fit and green floral
And the plants......
Lupine pink
Sedum Neon
Yellow Allium
Stargazers
Mona Lisa Lily
Push Off Tango Lily
Time Out Asiatic
Daylily Chesapeake Crablegs
Daylily Laughing Clown
Daylily Old King Cole
Daylily Condilla...love doubles

Everything arrived in perfect condition. I love everything!!!!

Thanks so much!!

Annie

o

Hi, Ladies, Just a short note-I received Remy's wonderful, full box yesterday with so many great things inside. Thank you so much Remy. I now have a family emergency so don't know when I can write the list of it all. Those of you that are on praying ground, please do so. Blessings, Margaret

o

OBF Ladies,

So I just FINALLY got done at school. Last day for students was yesterday. I spent all day today moving to my new room for next year. I came home with such a sense of relief and freedom. I always check the mail when I come home and couldn't figure out what Bluestone Perennials had sent me in a large envelope. I came into the a/c, poured a glass of iced tea and opened the envelope. It was a $50 gift certificate from Maryanne!

First let me say how wonderful this is. I couldn't wait to be done with school to get back out to my gardens. Now I can get out to the gardens and spend my summer planning what to order for fall planting (which is preferred here over spring planting)!!!! I have never been so excited by a surprise since probably when Santa used to visit me!

Now let me say to Maryanne, I am so very appreciative of this that I can't even say. I absolutely love it and am stunned by your generosity. BUT I feel very bad. I could have waited as long as you needed. We still want you to hang around and trade with us without feeling obligated to do this if you are behind on a trade. We've all been there and understand. That is why I feel so bad. You were so generous but I truly hope you did not feel obligated. In any case, I couldn't be more thrilled and am off to puruse the catalog now. And here I was worried that the box hadn't arrived and was sweltering in the heat somewhere :)You have made my summer dreams come true!

Theresa

o

Thu, Jun 10, 10 at 19:00

Margaret,
Glad the box got there. You know you will be in everyone's thoughts and prayers.

Theresa,
Wow, lucky you! Maryanne is such a generous person : )
Remy

o

good morning everyone. i have very limited access to internet these days, but i'm trying!!!!!

theresa, no, i did not feel obligated. i felt bad that i was late, i knew i would not have much time to do anything (until yesterday!!!) but i wanted to get something out to you. i had to laugh too, because then i saw other people were late. i should know what a forgiving group this us!!!! just so you know, even though it was a garden swap, part of that is showing you my appreciation for your being a teacher. i know it can be a thankless job at times. i sure hope you don't mind having to pick out your own items, but i figured that would be easiest. you are most welcome and i hope for years to come you enjoy what you pick. one of those items, whenever they multiple, you can trade with me! LOL

everyone received some great plants, myself included. my box from Margo was like christmas both for me and for my granddaughter. it was a real pleasure to come back to trading this month and be so spoiled.

i hope everyone is well. those that need prayers and special thoughts, you are in my heart and mind.

enjoy your weekend, i'm taking my granddaughter away for a few days just the two of us. hope everyone has a great weekend and upcoming week.

happy blooms
maryanne

o

Maryanne, I am so glad you enjoyed your box. I am assuming the bracelets fit. Please let me know if they don't and I
will redo them, postage included.

Have a wonderful weekend with your granddaughter. My girls and I go on a camping vacation every fall and even though they are now 18 and 21, we all look forward to that special time together.

Prayers to those in need. Have a lovely weekend everyone. Hot and humid here today. Possible storms in the forecast. Nasty tornados just north of here last weekend. Some of you may have seen it on the National News, five were killed including a mother and her four year old. The husband/father is still is bad shape along with a daughter. It is amazing how the communities in the area have come together to help.

o

Hello, Lovely Ladies-I think I finally have time to list the contents of the box I received from Remy. Thanks so much for all the prayers & thoughts for my situation. Not much has changed but at least we aren't in the panic mode now.
In my box were garden gloves (which I needed badly) Lavendar candles which are my favorite, a Pop-up vase, something I have never seen before-just add water it says, package of kleenex with darling flowers on them, a jar of home made apple sauce, cooling it now for a special treat & a lovely note. The plants are a Big Root Geranium-Geranium Macchorizum-(going to look it up), Japanese Iris (I think) Candy Apple, Day Lily-Respighi (I looked this one up & it is beautiful) a daisy-like plant named Margurite for Margaret, a large clump of Dahlia bulbs & some Blue Festival Multiflowerng Hyacinth bulbs. I am so pleased with all of it. Thanks so much, Remy & if I have the names incorrect or what the plant is, please let me know as I want to make sure I know how to take care of them. You have made my deams come true for planting this summer.

Blessings to all & thank you, Therea for hosting this swap. I know we all have enjoyed. Margaret

o

Wed, Jun 16, 10 at 21:02

Hi Margaret,
I'm glad things a bit are better, and of course hoping they will be much better soon!
The Iris is a dwarf. The daisy like plant is Marguerite Daisy. I was trying to be cute with Marguerite for Margaret, lol. The dahlia is one of the two below. I somehow didn't label my clumps.

Glad you liked everything!
Remy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here