Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
raggedyann161420

petal pushers may swap

raggedyann161420
14 years ago

WELCOME TO THE PETAL PUSHER'S MAY SWAP

The month of May we celebrate "May Day", "Mother's Day" and "Memorial Day". With these celebrations there are flowers involved so for this swap there will be no set items we have to send except for 3 named plants to your partner. You may of course send more but of course you don't have to. When you are sending out your package, send something you would be pleased to receive.

I will take names until May 1st. and then I will assign partners. Cut off date for Mailing will be May 30th.

I'm not for sure if I will be participating on this swap, but I'm sure going to try.

LIFE IS GOOD,

Annie

Comments (129)

• margaret_2007
    14 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Hi,Ladies-This year' Mother's Day is just about over & it has been a lovely one here. Overcast in the a.m.& lovely sunshine this afternoon.

Annie- I would love to have some of your brunnera & ginger. Just let me know when you find out what postage is & I will be glad to send. One of the iris you sent last year is beginning to bloom. I can't wait to see it.

Speaking of hostas, I have never been fond of them either but getting into them more & more. I went to a plant sale Saturday that a Master Club Membership Group was hosting & I saw the completely white one. Is the one you have posted a pure white one, also? They were asking $15.00 for it. Is that a fair price? I have not seen any in the sites I have been haunting on the web. I have a lady friend who is going to give me some of her mini's soon. I really like minature plants & have several astilbe's, hosta, painted daisies.

I want to start doing containers & hanging baskets this week, too. I think it will be safe by now although it is still to be in the low 40's this week some.

Have a great week, weeding , planting & enjoying. I love the pictures you are posting. I bought a camera so I could do that & I am having trouble with it. I am going to call the company & hope to get that done soon. Blessings, Margaret

• brittneysgran
    14 years ago

Dee-No I did not get your e-mail. I will send you one and hopefully you can reply to it. For some reason hotmail e-mails won't come through to me.

Nice boxes have been sent, sure hope everyone has had a wonderful Mothers Day.

Annie-Enjoyed all your pictures.

Shirley

• skohler
    14 years ago

Gm To All Just wanted to stop by & let you all know yes I'm very busy out side these days .
    & Ty dee Yes i love my babie :) Have a gal comming tonight to possible buy a few .

annie i have your box ready to go out you might get it tomorrow .

Jamie I Do Hope you like the box I sent & You will let me know if everything made it alright . ty.

well i have to take a friend to her doctor's apt so will chat more later & show off a few Bloomers :)

HAPPY GARDENING

susie

• jaleeisa
    14 years ago

I know I am not part of this group, but I browse several and had to take a moment to tell Annie how lovely all of her pictures are! LOL, I was drooling! Such a wonderful collection of hostas and the Brunnera and Ginger are really gorgeous! Thank you for sharing such wonderful pictures... lol, though DH says thanks so much for making my wish list that much longer!

Kathy

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    14 years ago

Annie,

I would love to send for a division of the brunnera, it's very pretty and likes part shade. I could use some color up in my pt. shade area. would a large bubble envy or a flat rate envy work to get it here?

Sassy, we live in very different climates, I think you should look up growing the peony on the net:(

Jamie, come on girl, post about that box!

Margaret, I got your email, take your time. I can wait!

I have to go drop lunch of to someone but would like to share a story with you all. I'll post about it later.

Have a great day
    Lisa

• raggedyann161420
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Lisa, I am going to send you your hosta this week, so I will include a nice division and I'm sending you an e-mail

Margaret, I'm sending you an e-mail and yes you are more than welcome to have some of each.

Kathy, tell your Dh he is welcome, and I'm sending you an e-mail.

Here is a picture of my Intermediate Bearded iris "HI" I'm not for sure why some of my pictures are turning out kinda blurry. will play a game for a start of it but remember I won't be sending until it is done blooming ;O) :O)

I will post the game in a few minutes, so check back!

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• raggedyann161420
    Original Author
    14 years ago

THIS FOR A START OF INTERMEDIATE BEARDED IRIS "HI"

I have a black cat with three legs, tell me how come he has just three legs and the iris will be yours.

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• dieg01991
    14 years ago

because his leg got caught in a trap?

• ashcraftbunch
    14 years ago

HEllo everyone,
    Sorry so late in posting but when husband is at home he keeps mebusy from sun up to sun down and really dislikes me on the computer when he is here so I'm unable to turn it on much on the weekends..

Susie yes I recieved your box Saturday as we wer finishing up with our deck. It alsao arrived with my Daylilies I had ordered. I loved everyminute of digging through the box and rushing to plant seems we are still flooded here and looks like more to come. We have been under flash flood warnings all weekend. Here are the contents of the box I recieved and again THank s you susie you made my day....

second hand rose daylily
    littele beige pie crust dayliliy
    samuel russel daylily
    marissa daylily
    mini pearl dayliy
    a small bush of sorts
    violets
    water iris
    mixed glad bulbs
    a herb that blooms yellow flowers
    lily of the valley
    The box was wonderful and all got planted safely before the rain started again..

Amy I have your box ready and will go out tom and I will pos the Dc# for you when I get home tom afternoon.. I wish I had as many plants to share but I hope you enjoy everything else..

Hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's day.. My oldest son bought me a zinnia in a pot that the school was selling insted of buying his candy that day. and he make a beautiful handmade card with his fingerprints. My middle son mae me a purple trinket box with his picture onthe inside lid and a homemade handprint card that was beautiful as well. My Dh and daughter brought me breakfast in bed so I would have to say mine was the best yet...
    happy day everyone,
    Jamie

• raggedyann161420
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Nice box Jamie! Susie, you always amaze me.

Amy, nope it was not caught in a trap. Try again.

Now I'm really need to get moving, I have to go and do my part time job.

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• ashcraftbunch
    14 years ago

Annie,
    Did the kitty get it caught in the fan of the car. We had one that lost its tail that way...

Jamie

• skohler
    14 years ago

TY Jamie For letting me know everything arrived safely .
    & Hope you enjoy the blooms as much as i do .

Annie I will be back in about 6:30 my time maybe i can chat if your around .

susie

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    14 years ago

I would like to share a story with my fellow petal pushers, just keep in mind, writing isn't my forte.....

When I was a young lady growing up in a small town here in MA, there was a home about three miles from mine that had a very large garden. I always thought it was beautiful but being a teenager,it was a fleeing thought.

several years later when I bought my home I used to drive by this home daily on my way to and from work,there was always traffic so I would sit and wrench my neck trying to see what was blooming and if I could see more into the property.

I noticed over the last 10 years that the garden was slipping away and figured that the owner must be getting up in years. I remembered him out there 25 or 30 years earlier and he wasn't a young man.

fast forward to current day...

My friend and I are chatting on the phone and she tells me about a home that she is going to start to clean for an older man,as she starts to describe where the home is I tell her that I know the home. It's the one on the corner that had the beautiful gardens and she says "Yeah, how do you know". I explain to her that I had admired that garden for many,many years.

My friend told the gentleman about our conversation and how I had admired his gardens for years. He told her to call me and ask me to come and walk the garden with him.

I had the privilege of meeting Larry, whose now 83 and walking what used to be the largest and most beautiful garden that I have ever seen. I told him how I had always admired his garden and he joked "you didn't stop to help though, did ya". He showed me pics of 20 or 30 of the 1200 named irises that he had planted over the last umteen years. He had me read aloud his plaque stating he was the president of the iris, um I forget and how he and his wife were iris judges. It was unbelievable to hear his stories and see how many irises,lillies, geraniums and hostas he had in there.

He explained to me that he had been diagnosed with Parkinsons disease and was selling his home, "which is gorgeous too> and moving into an assisted living facility.

It's so sad, the work that this man put into the garden and then to have to watch it slip away due to an illness and old age.It was heartbreaking!

SOOO..... Larry said "did you bring a shovel", let's start digging. He pointed out special areas for me to dig all around the yard and said, those will be all different colors but I can't remember what color or the names. He went in the house to sit and rest and would tell me where to go next when I came in and said I'm done! I was actually sad taking the plants that he told me to take.

I came home with so many beautiful plants.I told Larry that each and every one would be labeled as Larry's and treasured here in my yard or maybe a fellow gardeners.

When I aksed Larry what I could do for him, nothing!

I told him that I had to do something. I suggested a nice dinner, "that would be nice BUT call me a day or two in advance cause I might be busy or with my lady friend". I told Larry that I would make it a dinner for two....lol

Annie and Shirley, I would love to share one of Larry's gifts"iris tuber> with you for sharing a piece of your garden with me and I hope they will be as special to you as they will be to me!

Lisa

• faintheart
    14 years ago

Oh Lisa, that is such a beautiful story. Thank you for sharing it. What a coincidence about the house and gardens. Glad you got to meet Larry and spend some time with him! He sounds like a wonderful gentleman. Gardeners are the best for sure!!!

Jamie, how exciting to get all those new additions from Susie! She is a wonderful lady too! Your boys did a great job with surprises for Mom. Daughter and DH did some super spoiling too! :)

Shirley, I replied to your email last night but it must be in cyberlalaland too! Sent you another from my yahoo email account. Let's see if you get that.

Annie, you have some unusual cats! lol btw...I thought the pic of Goldie was adorable! I will guess that your black cat tangled with another animal and it was so severly injured the leg had to be amputated. boy, that sounds like an unlucky black cat for sure. :(

Margaret, pure white hostas are difficult to grow because of the lack of chlorophyll. Was it named 'Outhouse Delight'? That and another, that I can't think of the name right now, start out white when they first emerge but green up with the season. I've never grown them myself though. Looking forward to your pictures when you get that camera figured out. ;)

Hope you had a good day, Susie!

Mariann, a belated HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!

*waving to Kathy* :)

hugsssssss,
    Dee

• canyonwind
    14 years ago

Lisa, I so enjoyed reading your very beautiful story about Larry and his garden........

Thanks!

Annie

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    14 years ago

Morning,

Margaret, I was trying to keep the story short lol. It may seem a coincidence but my friend and I grew up in the town together, she still lives in that town and I live about a mile outside of it.

There was a small store(it's huge now), Elias and back then and they sold meats and fresh vegetables, all of us kids would walk there and get candy,gum and soda.

The owner of the store,John, was a man in his forties and he knew each and every one of us AND who are parents were. He and Larry are very close friends.

My friends son worked at elias cleaning the freezer on Sundays and he knows that she has a cleaning business so he asked her about cleaning Larry's home.

I still go in there from time to time, they have a great butcher shop. I don't see the owner John much and when I do, he doesn't recognize me anymore. I can now do something wrong and Mom and Dad won't find out about it!

http://www.eliascountrystore.com/about.html

Annie and Shirley, Please drop me a line with your addy if you would like one of Larry's irises. I'd love to get them all over the world!

Lisa

• raggedyann161420
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I just have a few minutes and I have to take my part time client to the grocery store. butt......

Mariann, HAPPY BELATED ANNIVERSARY!

DEE YES, YOU ARE CORRECT, THE LEG WAS AMPUTATED, But it wasn't because he got into a fight. So I will have to play another game of why the let was amputated. Anyway you win! and when the iris are done blooming I will get it out to you.

SO THE NEXT GAME WILL BE, WHY THE LEG WAS AMPUTATED? Again it will be for another Bearded iris, but not sure which one yet. So put your thinking caps on ladies.

Lisa, of course I would love the iris from you!

Margaret, yes, Dee was right about the white hosta, they are hard to grow,and believe me, would I buy another? NO! I tried with all my might to have luck with "Mostly Ghostly", but it died both times. But there are other persnickety hostas also, for instance, "Great Expectations" is one that I wouldn't buy again either. I tired 4 times to have luck with this beauty and each time it died.

Do I think 15.00 is a bad price for a hosta? Not really. That is why I have such a hard time when I go to my favorite nursery. Do I want, Hosta, Bearded Iris, Or Daylily. It is really hard to choose. :O) :O) :O)

I will continue when I return, and I see I have another iris in bloom! I will get a picture of it sometime today.

I hope I didn't leave anyone out! If I did, I will catch up with you when I return.

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• dieg01991
    14 years ago

Hi everyone!
    Lisa, thanks for sharing such a great story. Larry sounds like a wonderful man!! How lucky for you! :-)

Annie, was his leg amputated because of cancer?

My dad had a cat when he was younger (I think it was more like a stray that lived in their garage) that was missing a leg, and eye and an ear. The leg was missing when the cat first showed up. The eye and the ear were lost over the years. They figure from cat fights. Cats are tough! :-)

Hope you're all having a great week so far!
    Amy

• sassybutterfly_2008
    14 years ago

Hi everyone!

Lisa, that was a lovely story! :) It is nice to know his plants will live on for many many years yet!

Annie ~ did the cat get bit by a snake? or run over? ohhh I love that Iris... *fingers crossed! lol OT, I would LOVE to send postage for some of that Brunnera, I've been wanting that for quite some time! It would have to be towards the end of the month tho, in fact right at the end of the month before I could afford to. Would that work out w/ your garden clean-up timeframe?

Dee ~ I've been enjoying slowly building up your box! :) I'm learning alot about Hostas! :)

I hope everyone is doing well. Has anyone heard from Vic since she went out of town? I sent her an email.. I do hope she's doin' ok. Mother's Day was really rough.. first one w/out my mom. But I had both grandmothers over and wow they are getting feisty in their old age..lol They did keep us in giggles so it turned out well enough in the end. :)

Hugs!
    Wendy

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    14 years ago

Evening petal pushers,

I just came back from Larry's.

I decided to drop off some dinner tonight and will do so again another time for him and his lady friend.

He told me to dig some more because they are coming the end of the week to knock down the carriage house.

I dug up about thirty iris and really don't have room for them.

I would like to offer them for postage to everyone in the group, Larry doesn't know I'm doing this.

All I ask is IF you send the bubble envy and postage that you enclose a note card to Larry and let him know where you are from and Thank him for the iris. I think this may make an old gardener happy!

Please keep in mind that some of the photos of his irises he showed me where labeled by name and date,the oldest was from 1936.

I don't know how long most iris tubers are but some of these are over a foot long and would need a large bubble envy.

If your interested please drop me an email.

Have a great night
    Lisa

• raggedyann161420
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I AM SO SORRY, YOU ARE THE ONE THAT ANSWERED CORRECTLY I WILL GET THE IRIS TO YOU WHEN THEY ARE DONE BLOOMING!(I am sure I have your address, and if not I will e-mail you for it), and again please forgive me. Can I use "senior moment" for the cause of my screw up?

DEE, I have to get a house warming gift out to you so I will put your name on one.

I owe Fran and Wendy a house warming gift also. Just be patient with me girls I will get things out when plants are done blooming. (I'm stingy, I want to see the blooms first.)

Now that I've taken my feet out of my mouth......

Lisa, I'm not trying to tell you how to send your iris but it all depends on where it is going, if the weather is really hot and you send it in a bubble envie, the green might be mush by the time it gets to it's destination and smell yucky. When I'm sending out iris for prizes instead of using bubble envie, I use newpaper to wrap them up in and then either use an old cut up grocery sack to wrapped around it or use a large non bubble manila office envie, of course the size depends on how many you are going to send. (am I making sense; lord I hope I didn't hurt your feelings. Did I open my mouth and insert both feet again?

It is raining here, but between raindrops I have plants to dig. I will be back later.

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

REMEMBER, TELL ME WHY LEMEAU'S LEG WAS AMPUTATED AND ANOTHER IRIS WILL BE YOURS.

P.S. All answers guessed are incorrect so far.

• raggedyann161420
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Dee, Wendy, Fran, I will put your name on the iris "HI" for part of your house warming gift. If you guys decide when I post pictures of other iris and you would like that instead, please let me know. If there are plenty of what I'm posting I will put your name on it. If there is not enough of that particular iris I will let you know there is not enough to share.

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    14 years ago

Annie, NO, my feelings aren't hurt! I really want to know the proper way to send these out wothout damaging them. Thank you for the information. I will pack them up for shipping the way you described.

Can I take a guess at your cats leg? Was it attacked by another animal or hit by a car?

Lisa

• raggedyann161420
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Lisa, the ones that are really long you can cut to around 2 inches long and yes, you are welcome to guess even though you have won. Nope, he was not hit by a car,or attacked.

GUESS AGAIN!!!!

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• dieg01991
    14 years ago

Annie,
    Was it because if gangrene?

Lisa, Yes, yes, yes, I would LOVE some of Larry's iris'. How wonderful!!! I will email you about the details. Thanks for offering to share!

Amy

• raggedyann161420
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Amy, no it was not gangrene, did you see where I replied that you did win "HI" and that I would mail it out when they are done blooming?

GUESS AGAIN! :O):O)

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    14 years ago

ANNIE,

DID iT HAVE SOME KIND OF A MASS?

Lisa

• raggedyann161420
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Lisa, No, but it was Goldie that had kidney stones removed about 6 weeks after Lemeau's leg was amputated. MY VET LOVES ME! I know I own at least one of the chairs in his waiting room. :O) :O)

• margaret_2007
    14 years ago

Just a guess for your cat's amputee-was the leg broken by a fall or accident & too badly broken to fix! Margaret

I finally had a moment to read all the posts & see the great pictures.I have the most beautiful clematis blooming & want to take a picture but still working on my camera problem. I will conquer this very soon, I hope.

Lisa-I sent you an email. What a wonderful story & great Mom's day.

Have a tornado watch out until 10 tonight so didn't get outside work done today. I want to do containers & hanging baskets but know I have plenty of time yet.

Have a great day. Blessings, Margaret

• sassybutterfly_2008
    14 years ago

ohh
    Annie! yayy! I forgot about the housewarming gift! THANKYOU so much!! I just LOVE that 'Hi' Iris.. I had a screen saver of a pic of that the first 6mos after I joined GW..lol Please do let me know about that Brunnera and the postage. I wrote about it a few posts above.

Here's my latest cat leg guess..lol I'm going to guess it was born w/out bones in it and so they had to remove it. Odd I know but it's the only other thing I can think of!

Lisa ~ I, too would just love to take part in some of Larry's Iris offer. But again, I wouldn't be able to participate til the end of the month. Pls let me know if that is acceptable?

Hope everyone is having a good day, it's been very lightly misting all day, weather reports say rain for the next 5 days! So I went out and worked in the yard and just got wet doing it :) Got all my pea seedlings planted, made a make-shift trellis with Jute string. Now we're about to go in the backyard and make 'tee-pees' out of old tree limbs and tie some strings around them as well for the pole beans. Should be interesting..lol

Hugs,
    Wendy

• ashcraftbunch
    14 years ago

Hello all.
    WE have been under flood warnings for the past week and finally the rain has gone away today to leave a soaked front lawn. I hae lakes scattered all over the yard and the driveway...

Amy- I haven't forgotten about you I have just been waiting for a chance to get out and dig up a couple things in the yard but your box will be going out this week....

Annie did the kitty lose his leg from being from getting it caught in a door...?

Jamie

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    14 years ago

Annie, I hate to be a pain in your neck but when you say that I can cut them down to about two inches, do you mean the tubers, greenery or both?

Also, how do I store them until someone sends for them? Do I put them in dirt or bring them in the house somewhere?

I can see that some of these are pink,purple,yellow and possibly a white from the ones that where getting ready to bloom. They are short to medium to very tall.

Sassy, if I find I can store them safetly, I will wait for you to send for some.

I have no idea how much postage to tell anyone to send but will glady return any extra back to you.

Lisa

• faintheart
    14 years ago

Shirley, your package went out yesterday. I hope you enjoy what I chose for you. DC #9101 8052 1368 3121 2425 62 I would think it should arrive by Friday or Saturday for sure. :)

Lisa, I would be honored to have an iris from Larry's gardens. I will send you an email. I am sure Annie doesn't consider your questions a pain and I am learning from them as well!

Wendy, sounds like you had a very productive day despite the wet weather. I am so excited to see what you will chose to send...like a kid at Christmas...lol.

Amy, I noticed your zone and am wondering if we are close to each other. I am in NW IA.

Margaret, hope the tornadoes stay away for you. Be safe. Will look forward to seeing that clematis when you get your camera figured out. What kind of camera did you get?

Jamie, is the sun shining? Will pray that you get some relief and no more flood warnings.

Annie, with your permission I will think of a game to play through the weekend. Our weather is supposed to be good and I am sure to find something to divide as I move more plants to this house. ;)

Hi to anyone I may have missed! I have been thinking about our Petal Pushers who seem to have disappeared.

hugsssssssss,
    Dee

• raggedyann161420
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Everyone your answer about my black cat is wrong.

Margaret, we are under a tornado watch also.

Lisa, you are not being a pain. leave about 4-6 inches of green on them. just cut the long rhizomes( the tuber part) to the length of about 2 inches. But maybe the person that is sending for it might want it left as is. Do they look like they might produce other babies from it? Quite often they do. If the tuber looks woody, then I would cut them. To be honest, I bet Shirley could answer that question better than I can.

Wemdy, no problem, I will send you some when I send your house warming gift.

I have tried today between rain drops to get things dug with out much luck. Telephone rang off the hook, Dh wanted me to run to the greenhouse with him to look around. He wanted to buy me a hanging basket, but to be honest I'm not home enough to enjoy it and I would rather have a perennial but didn't tell him that. I would never intentionally hurt his feelings. Then I went and worked for my guy for a few hours. Stopped and picked up my and Dh's meds on the way home.

Dee you are more than welcome to play a game, just jump right in.

Yes, I miss our missing Petal Pushers too. So come out you guys and say Hello! Remember I do have your addresses so I know where you live, (ya right, like that would happen, I hate to drive) But just so you know, we are thinking of each and every one of you!

Time to reflect on my day with a cup of tea,

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    14 years ago

Annie, Thank you for the help with the iris tubers.

Did yout cats umbilical cord wrap around its leg at birth?

I responded to the emails about Larry's iris and hope that you'll send for them soon. I fear that I may kill them!

PS: there's plenty more, I would love to get some in every state!

Lisa

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    14 years ago

Annie, Thank you for the help with the iris tubers.

Did yout cats umbilical cord wrap around its leg at birth?

I responded to the emails about Larry's iris and hope that you'll send for them soon. I fear that I may kill them!

PS: there's plenty more, I would love to get some in every state!

Lisa

• dieg01991
    14 years ago

Hi everyone!
    Anne, I did see that I won and you'll be sending me the iris! YEAH, that's great. Did I already send you my address? I can't remember. One more guess...did your cat have to get his leg amputated because he was shot?

Lisa, I got your email and I will get the postage out to you first thing tomorrow morning. Hopefully you'll get it by Saturday, but might not be until Monday.

Jamie, thanks for the status on the box. Let me know when you send it so I know to keep an eye out for it.

Dee, I live in a suburb just south of Minneapolis.

Oh and just so you all know, Margaret and I have been in contact and I'm just waiting to hear back from her to get a list of things she wants. No rush Margaret, I just wanted to let everyone know the status.

Have a great day,
    Amy

• ashcraftbunch
    14 years ago

Hello Everyone..

The sun came out today so Yay off to the yard me and my daughter will go after lunch and see what is going on out there. we are suppose to have more rain ccoming this weekend so gotta get as much accomplished today and tom as possible.

Lisa- I would love to have a couple iris for here in Louisiana. Just let me know what I need to send..

I have so much weeding and hoeing to do in my 40x12 new bed since the rain the grass has grew everywhere.. Does anyone have a good way of keeping such a large area weeded regular or keeping the grass out?

Annie did the kitty lose circulation to the leg?

Jamie

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    14 years ago

Good afternoon ,

Here's a link for those of you who have decided to send for a few of Larry's tubers.

http://www.thunderridgegardens.com/iris.html

I think he'll be happy to know that a few people will have his irises growing in different states!

Lisa

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    14 years ago

I forgot to say, click on the link that says iris on the left side of thunderridges garden page to see a write up on larrys gifts.

Lisa

• raggedyann161420
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I have a few more coming into bloom that I have plenty of so I will let you choose from those, OK?

Yes, Lemeau was shot by someone. He got out, someone shot him but he managed to make it back home. I remember it being on a Sunday Morning, called our vet and she said bring him in. At first they didn't know if he would make it and after 5 days came home. I went everyday to see him, and they laughed so hard because the only time he would meow is when I was there.

I really don't understand people. I know not everyone is a cat lover, and that is ok, but DON'T SHOOT THEM! I know they use flower beds for their toilet, and they kill song birds, baby bunnies, etc. but strays are only trying to survive. If people would do the responsible thing and have their pets spayed and neutered we would not have this problem today. I hate people that abandon their pets and think they can fend on their own!

We have a pretty good idea who did it, but trying to prove it is another matter. I speak when spoken to in my town, but try and stay to myself. Most my neighbors think I'm the crazy cat/plant lady anyway. Ask me if I care? Ok, I'm done ranting now. :O) :O)

Be Back Later,
    LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• sassybutterfly_2008
    14 years ago

Dee ~ I just sent you an email, pls let me know if you don't receive it.

Thanks!
    Wendy

• faintheart
    14 years ago

Wendy, got it and replied! :)

Annie, I have never thought of you as the crazy cat/plant lady. What do neighbors know anyway!!! I totally understand the rant....happened to my fav kitty when I was in high school only he didn't make it. :(

Dee

• raggedyann161420
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Amy, please e-mail me your address because I don't seem to have it. I will put it on my master list and then send you out the list of addresses I have.

It is really raining out and I we did need some. This was my last day to get in the yard before I leave for work tonight but scratch that for today.

I hope everyone has a great day and week-end.
    LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    14 years ago

Raggedyann, Please send me your addy.

Canyon, I sent you an email, YOUR ARE MY CALIFORNIA! I knew that you would want to play.

Lisa

• ncgardengirl
    14 years ago

Annie, I think you are the sweetest person and you KNOW I think that :). That really is terrible about your cat. I have owned some and prefer they stay inside when I do BUT I know they would rather be outside.
    I would LOVE to have Iris 'HI' it is very pretty, but you don't have to send me anything you know that.
    I am going to TRY to get some postage to you for those other too plants you offered maybe when I get things settled down a bit, tomorrow I am hosting an in person swap here at my house.
    THEN the last week of this month I have a shipment of plants coming in for the 100 Limit Plant Swap.
    THIS is why I haven't been replying to much to this thread although I have read it when I had time. HA, what's THAT?

Lisa, that is super about all those irises from Larry, it really is great and whenever I can get postage to you I will because I would love to have some too just so Larry will have some growing here! I hope it makes him happy to KNOW you are sharing with others an spreading them out I know if I was losing all of my stuff like he is I would want them to go everywhere. Not to be lost like that.
    I think it is terrible the place is being taken down, I HATE to hear about places like that getting destoried, I would have loved to have known that is went into a historical catagory and saved!

Hello to everyone else, wish I had time to address each of you.

Ok well, outside is calling me and I have a couple more threads to check before I can get out there.

:) Fran

• dieg01991
    14 years ago

Annie,
    Wow, I got that one right too, funny! Lucky he only got shot in the leg, poor thing. I keep my cats inside because I'm too afraid of them getting hurt or run over, they are my babies! Lol, I am the crazy plant/cat lady too I'm sure! My neighbors and my friends are always giving me crap about how much time I spend in the garden and how many plants I have. Oh well, at least we are able to indulge in our passion and have fun with life!!! :-) I will send you my address now, look for my email.

Ok, I should get back to work now. It's so hard to work when it's beautiful outside!!! I can't wait to get into the garden tonight. I will spend my WHOLE weekend out there this weekend!!! I can NOT wait!

Amy

• raggedyann161420
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Mine don't get out unless they sneak out when the door is open, and don't kid yourself, Lemeau can go just as fast as any cat.

It has been storming all day today. I've tried to take a nap with no luck. and about 3 I leave to do my part time job for a couple of hours. Tonight at 11 I will go to my regular job.

Anyway, I've started a new thread, "Petal Pushers May Swap #2

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    14 years ago

Hi Fran, I'm sorry but you missed the offer for Carolina, I already have someone from N.Carolina, If I end up having extras I'll contact you and you can send for it then. Sorry!

It's been a beautiful day here today. I worked in my own gardens for the first half of the day planting winter sown plants and then got in the car and planted a shade garden for my Mom at her house.

I have a little gardening job 12 hours a week at a local business and my neck has been feeling good so I think I'll head over there in the am tomorrow and put in some hours.

Margaret, what state are you from?

I hope everyone had a great day!

Lisa

• margaret_2007
    14 years ago

Hi, Ladies-I have wanted to post all day but again, life got in the way! I just checked the rain guage here in SE Iowa & we have received almost 5 inches in 24 hours. Someone told me that Lomax, Il about 20 miles from here got 10 inches! I can understand why you cnouldn't get out, Annie.

Another inportant message for you ladies that I hate it because it is late-

Today is

Hug Your Cat Day & Chocolate Chip Day. So hug those cats & have a handful or bag full of chocolate chips! Blessings, Margaret

O, Lisa-I live in Iowa!