Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
materwitch

UPDATE: Incredible Edibles:April Big and Small Swap Partners

sunnyk
14 years ago

Okay...I know it is still early, but I got a lot of fresh air today and I am getting sleepy( I know...what am I , a 3 year old LOL)

So here is the huge partner list:

BooBerry85/Becky - Opie12/Melissa

Sunnyk/Donna - tn_veggie_gardner /Steve

everyone get in touch with your partners to swap e-mail addresses...have fun, and post to let us know when your packages fly....and when they land!

Comments (10)

• opie12
    14 years ago

Becky and I have exchanged e-mails :-)

• tn_veggie_gardner
    14 years ago

sunnyk & I have exchanged e-mails. =)

• booberry85
    14 years ago

So whats the biggest thing you've ever grown in your garden (weeds excluded)? How about the smallest?

For me, I grew a 14 lb pumpkin. It was quite dense for it's size. I also grew some really huge cucumbers that hid from me when they should have been picked. The smallest was probably and end of the season cherry tomato.

• sunnyk
    Original Author
    14 years ago

My pumpkins so far have been from volunteer vines...one in 2008 and another last year. Last years was maybe 6 or 7 pounds, and made me very happy LOL(the seeds I planted did zilch)I think those are the largest things I have grown ...but I did have a huge tomato last year I think it was around a pound and a half, small for many but huge for me LOL!!There was a larger one but I lost it either an opossum or squirrel or raccoon ,all of which dined frequently on my best produce :(
    And yup, a late season cherry tomato would most likely be the smallest.

• sunnyk
    Original Author
    14 years ago

And I forgot....Steve, your seeds went into the mailbox this morning! Let me know when you get them :)

Donna

• booberry85
    14 years ago

I'm behind! Melissa let me know that my seeds went in the mail yesterday. I got hers off today!

• sunnyk
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I hope mine made it to Steve alright...or are at least close to being there.

• opie12
    13 years ago

I got my package from Becky today! Lots of good things in there!
    Rattlesnake bean
    Earnest White Cucumber
    Jack be little Pumpkin
    Big Moon pumpkin
    Chinese Giant pepper
    Little Gem lettuce
    Red Giant mustard
    Basil
    Japanese long cucumber
    Martian Giant Slicer tomato
    Big Rainbow tomato
    Baby Choi cabbage

AND: flavored coffee and tea, beverage napkins, candy sticks, and a very pretty postcard!

Thanks Becky! I love it!

-Melissa

• booberry85
    13 years ago

WhooHoo! I received the big bonanza from Melissa!

For Seeds I received:
    Dill's Atlantic Giant Pumpkins
    Jack Be Little Pumpkins (great minds think alike!)
    Big Orange Tomato
    Coyote Tomatoes
    Crnkovic Yugoslavian Tomatoes
    Great White Tomatoes
    Jerry's German Giant Tomatoes
    Nature's Riddle Tomatoes (I need to look up these!)
    Riesentraube Tomatoes
    Rio Grande Tomatoes
    Winsall Tomatoes (on my wish list!)
    World's Smallest Tomato
    Violet Jasper (another on my wishlist!)
    Ghostbuster Eggplant (I love white eggplants!)
    Bride Eggplants (I love white eggplants!)
    Mini Yellow Bell
    Emerald Giant Peppers (I've been eying these!)
    Chinese Giant Peppers (great minds!)
    Lipstick Peppers (on my wishlist!)
    Mammoth Dill
    Little Gem Lettuce (great minds! I thought about buying these for myself too but refrained!)
    Golden Midget Melons (on my wishlist
    Little Marvel Peas
    Caroline Cross Melon

Whew! If that wasn't enough! Melissa also sent me Celestial Seasonings Tea Sampler, a pretty tea light candle holder and teas lights (brave of you to send glass through the mail! It made it here in one piece!), and some pretty Mary Engelbret garden notepad. Ok that's enough to spoil any person. However, Melissa had emailed me about having an extra copy of Seed to Seed and asked me if I would like it!!! I've been eying that book as long as I've been seed saving & swapping! Thank you so much Melissa! I'm thrilled!

• sunnyk
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I received my seeds from Steve today!! :) Thank You so much!!

Hey, have you grown the Orange Passionfruit before?? I am totally curious about its growth traits and whether or not you actually get fruits from it..... *I am off to google it*

Thank You Again!!Even tho we didnt get a big bunch of participants , this swap was a fun one for me :)

Donna