Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
llbean_gw

NEW: Mom knows best swap

llbean
17 years ago

HI.. This swap is for those of us who are mothers or for those who have mothers!!

This swap will be limited to 20 people (if we have that many). This swap will be limited to plants only. I would like if we could all send the same number of plants so as you sign up, please list how many and what plants you have to trade and I will try to assign partners based on plant want/have. This is a one time only commitment. The only item that will be of NON-Plant importance will be a card or letter stating to your partner the best bit of advice that your mother gave to you, and why you remember it.

I think that this will be a fin and safe way to exchange plants with others who are interested in the same thing.

About me. I have either shade or sun plants. I have named hosta and I have at least 3-4 that are tradeable. I also have 2 named DL that can be traded. I have many perennials that are available for trading also. I also have 2-3 Heuchera that are ready for trading.

I am interested in variegated plants for a shade/part shade area. I am also looking for Monarda Jacob kline as well as plants for my containers.

Please let me know your wants and needs as you post.

Thanks for your interest.

For the safety of all players the rating forum will be checked and if there is negative feedback that is legitimate than I think that you should rethink joining for the fairness to all. Also if your name is not in the rating forum, if two positive references could be provided.

Thanks

Laura

I am interested in

Comments (9)

• marozeckinj
    17 years ago

Hi Laura!
    I am interested. I have named daylilly I can trade as well as unnamed and rose campion. Also have some other perennials although not much is up yet! I am interested in more daylillies (is there ever enough) and anything I can plant with them and vines.
    Melissa

• missg
    17 years ago

Hi Laura,
    I would love to join,
    I can send 4 or 5 different
    plants. 2 different kinds
    Of Rex begonias, 1 angle wing
    begonia. not sure what the
    4 or 5 plant will be

Gale

• marozeckinj
    17 years ago

bump to the top

• gardeningmom4106
    17 years ago

Hi I am new can i still join. first day here or at least first day as a new member. i have the following:

2-3 named daylilies
    2-3 unnamed iris
    lambs ear

gardeningmom4106

• laurelin
    17 years ago

Hi Laura,

I'd like to join this swap, too. I'm interested in any named daylilies, and any shade plants that can tolerate a bit of dryness - named hosta would be cool, but any northeast wildflower or other hardy shade plants would be great.

I can share:

Daylilies ('Mateus,' 'Tijuana,' and an unnamed one [possibly 'Autumn Red'] - 4" spider/spider variant, dark rusty red with a gold eye and midribs - very vigorous, clumps up fast, about 24" tall, midseason)

Variegated Solomon's Seal

Intermediate bearded irises 'Red Zinger' and 'Honey Glazed'

Dwarf/Border bearded iris, unknown heirloom, 15-18" tall, dark blue-purple bloom with a yellow beard - vigorous, tough as nails, spreads rapidly but not invasive

Asters - 'Raydon's Favorite,' and a nice unknown pink with yellow center, cushion habit, 18-20" tall, very tough, spreads nicely, likes dry conditions and doesn't notice street salt/snow piles.

Laurel

• laurelin
    17 years ago

Hmm, I think I'll have to revise my list slightly - I was checking my daylilies today and both 'Mateus' and 'Tijuana' seem to be MIA. Phooey. I could share another daylily or two, easily. Until I get a better count on the daylilies and what's divisible, I can't give names. My partner and I can get to that later. Let's say I can share at least 2 named daylilies, 1 solomon's seal, 2-3 irises, and 2 asters - up to 8 assorted plants in all (but something else might sneak in at the last moment - can't leave unused space in a box, you know!). I know it's early to share irises, but if my partner is interested, I don't mind dividing them now.

Laurel

• laurelin
    17 years ago

bump!

• llbean
    Original Author
    16 years ago

ok so this is our play list I will assign partners and we can start swapping..
    Laurelin
    gardeningmom
    marozeckinj
    missg
    Llbean

Laura

• laurelin
    16 years ago

Are we still on for this, Laura? I haven't received any emails, and I'd hate to think that someone was out there waiting for my package and I'm clueless in Upstate NY!

Laurel