Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
veeja11

update: tdl white elephant pkg pics

veeja11
14 years ago

Box #4 looks smaller but is actually the same size as the rest of the boxes. these aren't perfect but if I keep working on them untill they are perfect I will never get them posted these are as close as I can get to the descriptions I was given box 2 is supposed to be light blue those are fabric beads and a candy cluster.

Comments (110)

• budsnblooms
    14 years ago

Although I am a little agoraphobic, I will pick the spider box...if Carol will take that psychotic looking critter out first (lol).

I'm in for a second round. Do we do a second box or keep exchanging the ones we have now?

Debbie

• pchanggeo
    14 years ago

Wait... is the second round with the same boxes? If so, I'll play. If it's for new boxes, I need to pass as I won't have time to put one together.

Carol, click on the link if you dare :). I don't actually own it... just a gag gift I saw once.

Here is a link that might be useful: Santa and Mrs. Claus

• toomanyanimals
    14 years ago

Ok Carol, I guess it's just as well you keep me out of the second round since I'm going to be gone for a while and it would be very hard for me to join in.

Paul, I love the Mickey Mouse box, great Idea!

sharon

• veeja11
    Original Author
    14 years ago

With spider gone my box contains
    1. miracle gro liquid feed kit
    2.1elephant ear bulb commercial
    3. 3 peaches and cream dahlia bulbs wal mart
    4. miss saigon iris wal mart
    5. strawberry candy daylily k mart
    6. ceramic boot planter
    7. insenescence daylily fan carol's yard
    8. small varigated delphinium plant
    9. silver sedum carols yard

1. acapulco oriental lily bulb carols yard
      suprises depending on who gets box. If we wanna do new boxes please post old or new for a vote. we will start as soon as we have a majority vote one way or the other. hope you like your box Debbie boris will stay here with me for when I get paul's name
  • Melinda Hagen
    14 years ago

Well, I really want to keep my box finally! So I would vote for new box, but actually will go with whatever everyone else wants to do! Maybe some more want to join in if we do a new box also! Just keep ones we have and start a new one! But, hey, I am easy so will go with whatever! Melinda

• mareas
    14 years ago

i vote old

• toomanyanimals
    14 years ago

Carol, I will be gone for a week+, starting today, so if we have another go, at new or old, you will all be waiting on me. If I have to vote then I say the old boxes, funner that way even though I love the one I stole from Melinda.

sharon

• Melinda Hagen
    14 years ago

Ok, so seems the consensus is the old boxes and that is fine with me also! It is alot of fun and I would love to have any of them actually!! They are all so good! Melinda

• brittneysgran
    14 years ago

I vote old boxes.

Shirley

• budsnblooms
    14 years ago

WOW... what a great box Carol.

I also will be happy either way (old or new). Sharon, your time won't come around for awhile, so being gone a week is no problem with me. The more people we have, the more fun. Carol do you want to go to the other thread and open the sign up for this again? Or do you prefer that just the 7 of us continue the swap?

Debbie

• veeja11
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Okay its old boxes, I will go over to other thread to see if anyone else wants to play. we will start new round on sunday. I have the 7 of us in. post if I am wrong, remember in round two I do have a sharp beak.
    hugs banty carol

• veeja11
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I went to the other thread and Marea is having a may swap so maybe we should close this one up and give way to the new swap. if this be the case you all have 2 weeks to mail your boxes. don't know what to do
    confused carol

• mareas
    14 years ago

Carol, I sure didn't mean to add confusion - I thought we could do both swaps! We need to make swaps while the Sun shines!
    Several of you belong to other groups, but I just trade with Traveling Daylilies - so guess I didn't think through the timing of both
    the White Elephant & the wish list swaps as being too much at once.... We could change the May swap to a MAY-JUNE swap
    if that's better??

• budsnblooms
    14 years ago

Since we are swapping the old boxes around, there's no new box to get ready or to provide more items for. We have ran more than 1 swap together before and I don't remember any problems. In other words, having two swaps going at the same time is okay with me. The white elephant is loads of fun and Marea's swap also sounds like it will be.

As always, I am agreeable with whatever the majority wants to do.

Debbie

• brittneysgran
    14 years ago

Yes two swaps is good to go with me. I can get the White Elephant swap box mailed in early May and the other in Mid or late May.

Shirley

• veeja11
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Okay the white elephant is continuing with old boxes but I will solicit new players on the other thread. If we have no new players picking order will remain the same and start on sunday hugs
    lil banty

• mareas
    14 years ago

A very sweet, agreeable & much prettier than ordinary Lil' Banty...

• veeja11
    Original Author
    14 years ago

No new sign ups so Melinda you go again then we will go by first name list. you can steal or keep the box you got. I think rulesw are that if you get your box stolen you get the box the person who stole from you has.

• Melinda Hagen
    14 years ago

Ok, here we go again! Back to losing all my boxes!! LOL! I love them all actually! But will go back to Box #3. Melinda

• veeja11
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Ok Paul it is your turn. since Melinda knows what is in box #3. Thankyou for your kind words Marea. describing yourself were you? hugs Banty

• pchanggeo
    14 years ago

I'm happy with the box I have, thank you.

• brittneysgran
    14 years ago

I will choose box #6. Paul I can't resist those spider daylilies.

Shirley

• pchanggeo
    14 years ago

Upon further review, I just reallized Melinda took my box :)...
    Sorry Shirley, I'm going to take box #4 (Melinda's box). Thanks, Paul

• budsnblooms
    14 years ago

Shirley...I'm confused, isn't Paul's box #6 and Melinda has the #4 box that has the red spider lilies. Or am I getting everything totally mixed up? But this is part of the fun of this kind of swap. This has really been a fun swap.

Debbie

• pchanggeo
    14 years ago

Here's what I have writeen down:

#1 (Sharon) - Paul Marea
    #2 (Shirley) - Melinda ?
    #3 (Debbie) - Paul Melinda
    #4 (Melinda) - Shirley Paul
    #5 (Carol) - Debbie
    #6 (Paul) - Sharon Shirley
    #7 (Marea) - Carol

So... I don't understand who's up next and what happened to box #2 since Melinda gave it up to get #3. Is it with Sharon who seems to be the one without a box at this point?

• budsnblooms
    14 years ago

Okay..I have spent at least an hour trying to figure this out...here's what I have for the end of round 1.

Melinda (Box #4) has had these boxes in this order Box #3,
    Box #2 Box #6

Paul (Box#6) has had Box #1, Box #3

Shirley (Box #2) had the #4 Box

Carol (Box #5) Currently has the #7 Box

Marea (Box #7) Currently has the #1 Box

Sharon (Box #1) has Box #2

Debbie (Box #3) has Box #5

All boxes are accounted for at the end of round #1.

Round 2 begins with:
    Melinda has chosen #3 Box
    Paul who had the #3 box has chosen the #4 Box
    Shirley who had box #4 is next to choose in round 2

Is this right?

• Melinda Hagen
    14 years ago

Ok, guys!! LOL! I chose box # 3 which Paul had. He got his own box back from me. But chose #4 so that gave his box to Shirley which is the one she wanted.
    So far:
    Melinda #3
    Paul #4
    Shirley #6
    Now it is Carol's turn and then :
    Marea, Sharon, Debbie.

Such fun!

• brittneysgran
    14 years ago

Yes I now have box #6 which is the disney box.

Shirley

• pchanggeo
    14 years ago

I'm glad someone knows what's going on... LOL.

Hey Melinda, I just read you like rocks. Did you know I'm a professional geologist? I love rocks too :).

• Melinda Hagen
    14 years ago

Wow, that is cool Paul! I would love to go back and be a geologist or archaeologist! I wish I had done that many years ago!
    Carol, where are you? Your turn to pick! Melinda

• veeja11
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Okay Carol keeps box #7 although I was tempted to take a box from Melinda since it seems to be the popular thing to do

hugs lil Banty

• mareas
    14 years ago

Banty/Carol, you are CRACKING me up with these chickens!

I'm stealing the box Debbie has which is #5...

Marea

• budsnblooms
    14 years ago

Should I replace the box that Marea stole now, or just wait until Sharon has chosen her box? BTW...I plan on stealing Sharon's box but don't tell Sharon (heeheehee).

Debbie

• pchanggeo
    14 years ago

ARGH! Meany Marea strikes again! First she takes MY Betty Boop, then give it up just like that for another. You are turning me into the Grumpy Old Troll...

{{gwi:1266235}}

• budsnblooms
    14 years ago

What a hoot...now the claws are coming out...Grumpy Old Troll.

According to my figuring...Only boxes 1 and 2 are available without stealing anyone elses...and since #1 is Sharon's box... and I would be totally happy with it...I will be very content to choose box 1 and let Sharon keep her box #2. This all depends on whether Sharon is agreeable or not...Wha' da ya say Sharon? Or does everyone want to keep the swap going?

Waiting here on the fence.

Debbie

• mareas
    14 years ago

Awww, I'm sorry Paul! I was just giving up the wonderful Sharon box as an effort of good will!

Sharon said she would be gone for the week, Debbie...

• veeja11
    Original Author
    14 years ago

according to my records
    we have to wait for Sharon to pick
    Melinda has box #3
    Paul has #4
    Shirley has #6
    Carol has #7 ( so far people seem to be afraid of my beak, Great
    Marea has #5
    Sharon has #2
    Debbie has #1 can anyone think up a game to play until Sharon returns ? I am trying but drawing a blank. so please step up if you can think of one hugsstay away from my box. lil banty

• budsnblooms
    14 years ago

Oh, Yeah...I forgot about Sharon being gone...No problem.

Games...hummm...someone did a game once that gave clues to names of daylilies and whoever guessed them all first got whatever daylilies/other plants/or whatever the host wanted to give you. I remember one of them was...I am a star on Sesame Street and the answer was Big Bird. There is a Big Bird daylily. Another game was scramble....you unscrambled the names of daylilies...etc. If I think of others, I'll post.

Debbie

• veeja11
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Good games Deb, now we need someone to create the game and offer a prize any voulenteers ? If it would stop raining I could probably dig up a daylily for a prize but I might melt if I go out into that pouring rain and I'm brain dead when it comes to thinking up a game but I am trying but would appreciate if someone else would do it I am starting one of the busiest times for a florist, dreaded mothers day. one of the big phone floral companies hasw a real cute lil garden bag w/ mini garden tools in it, it is adorable, I think I will be making lots of them. they are really cute. Debbie maybe you could scramble daylily names or Marea probably knows all of them. hugs carol

• budsnblooms
    14 years ago

Okay Carol...I'll come up with something and maybe Marea or someone else can do another game later...Unless you want to do it first Ms. ~M? How about though, that we do it on our regular thread so the others can play too?
    Debbie

• toomanyanimals
    14 years ago

I got home a day early. I've been reading all the posts and going over the boxes again and again ... how did you all choose???????

Ok, Marea, put on your boxing gloves cause I choose box #5.
    {{gwi:1266236}}

• Melinda Hagen
    14 years ago

Welcome back Sharon! It was hard choosing boxes! I wanted Paul's wild and wonderful daylily, and Shirley's iris, and your daylilies! I want something in everyone's boxes!! But can only have one! So now Marea has box #2 and You have # 5. Now it's Debbie's turn again and we are done! Yeah! So much fun! Melinda

• veeja11
    Original Author
    14 years ago

since we don't have to sit around and wait for miss Sharon. Debbie it is up to you if you still wanna have a game, But you must pick a box now. then everyone has until may 18th to mail their box thankyou hugs lil banty

• mareas
    14 years ago

LOL! I've been stolen from! But box #2 is grand ~ I'm happy!
    And I missed the chance for a wild & wacky GAME!!

This has been FUN ~ thank you Ms Banty/Flower Lady/Carol/Veeja!

• budsnblooms
    14 years ago

I choose #1 Betty Boop. So now the swap is over and I have had a most execellent adventure. Thanks Carol. I have been working on a 2 part game and have the prizes already so I will go ahead and do it.

Melinda, I will be getting in touch with you to give you the choices I promised.

Debbie

• Melinda Hagen
    14 years ago

Yeah! Carol this was so much fun!! Thanks for hosting! Just anytime Debbie, no hurry! Melinda

• veeja11
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thankyou all for making this so much fun.
    Debbie sends to Melinda
    Melinda sends to Paul
    Paul sends to Shirley and a bathtub to Marea
    Marea sends to Carol
    Shirley sends to Marea
    Carol sends to Sharon
    Sharon sends to Debbie
    hope I got this right hangin in there lil Banty

• toomanyanimals
    14 years ago

Carol, thanks for a wonderfully fun white elephant swap!
    sharon

• veeja11
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I received my wonderful box from Marea
    Mixed gourmet lettuce seeds
    Snow pea seeds (1/2 pkt)
    10 Allium bulbs
    6 Dutch Iris bulbs - mixed colors
    6 pk of Violas
    Black Out Heuchera
    Abby Hosta
    3 daylilies ~
    Guardian Angel
    Siloam Helpmate
    Classic Caper
    Pair garden gloves
    Bath pillow & soaking salts set
    lettuce selma wisa, black simpson, little marvel peas, ruby port columbine, gallardia red & cream, cosmos psche mixture and florist poppy seeds, lil banty loves her box and dug the plants for Sharons today, any secrets for dividing daylily clumps ? Thankyou Marea for a wonderful box. hugs banty

• mareas
    14 years ago

Banty, my pleasure!
    To divide those dug up daylilies, wash them really well with a hose then fill a bucket of water & soak them them while you get out a lawn chair, put on your glasses & sit down to carefully get the roots separated....