Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
proudgm_03

MNF April Showers Bring May Flowers #2

proudgm_03
14 years ago

Last one filled up on me. Hope everyone is having a terrific weekend. The knees are getting better, thanks. I thought they would be worse the day after but they weren't. Maybe I'll actually be able to get out in the garden tomorrow.

Just got back from my grandson's birthday party. His dad got him a dirtbike. He's only 7! Momma and I weren't very happy. All I can picture are visits to the hospital.

How about another BINGO number? I30

Comments (147)

• winnie850
    14 years ago

Margo's box arrived today and it was filled with many wonderful goodies:
    I am new at the exchange "thing" and this was the first time I received live plants and the first time I attempted to send any live plants.
    Margo sent me the following live plants:
    Bee Balm - petite delight
    Red Bee Balm (can't wait to see what the hummingbirds think of all these balms!)
    Lemon Balm - smells amazing
    Sedum - love those dainty things
    Chocolate mint - I have several mints but not this one!
    Grape hyacinths - cutie pies
    Garlic chives - yum
    Two great frog candles
    A "frog on a stick" to add to a planter (very cute)
    Miracle grow singles - going to be great for my deck plants
    Sweet Pea bath crystals - relaxing
    Sage and citrus candles - smells great
    Sharpie - always using those things
    Post it notes
    "G" post it notes - can't wait to use these at work
    Pretty note cards and matching journal - I always need these
    A cute garden marker that says "If friends were flowers, I'd pick you"..awwww!
    A mini-plant genie waterer (I've always wanted to try these)
    A very nice assortment of seeds
    A vanilla hanging deodorizer for my car...Margo, how did you know?
    AND LAST BUT DEFINITELY NOT LEAST - 2 beautiful handmade by Margo bracelets.

Thanks, Margo!

Becky, thanks for hosting this fun swap. Good job!

• proudgm_03
    Original Author
    14 years ago

SENT
    Dee
    Becky
    Darrin
    Amanda
    Diana
    Laura
    Michelle
    Steve
    Gladys
    Margo
    Mike
    Terry
    Linda
    Joy

Received
    Laura
    Diana
    Carol
    Gladys
    Dee
    Steve
    Darrin
    Linda
    Deborah
    Margo

Everyone check to see if I have the sent and received lists right.

Went fishing again this evening.

BINGO number for tonight is: O65

• gr82bgrammy
    14 years ago

Hey all!
    Linda, I'm glad you got your box today and liked the items I sent! I wasn't sure if you would eat something baked by a "new friend" or not, but I decided to give it a shot! My Buttered Rum Glazed Pound Cake is one of the items I'm expected to bring to most every get together - whether family or church gatherings! I'm really glad you like it! Thanks for the sweet compliments!

I hope all the plants do well for you. I just realized that I may have packed the iris incorrectly. Was I supposed to wrap the rhizomes in moistened paper towels then plastic wrap or should they be left dry? Please let me know if they arrived in good shape so I'll know for next time. Also, if I did it wrong and need to send more, I'll be glad to do that!

This has been so much fun and I haven't even gotten my box yet! Life has been complicated the last 8 or 10 years and I haven't been able to even think about my gardening. I'm so glad I finally got back on this site again and can join in on the fun!

Looking for my box tomorrow!!! Can't hardly wait!!!
    Terry

• adopt_greyhounds
    14 years ago

I received my box earlier this week from Carol
    Thanks
    amanda

• proudgm_03
    Original Author
    14 years ago

SENT
    Dee
    Becky
    Darrin
    Amanda
    Diana
    Laura
    Michelle
    Steve
    Gladys
    Margo
    Mike
    Terry
    Linda
    Joy
    Carol

Received
    Laura
    Diana
    Carol
    Gladys
    Dee
    Steve
    Darrin
    Linda
    Deborah
    Margo
    Amanda
    Joy

Thanks for letting me know Amanda. I thought I had missed someone.

BINGO number for this morning is: N32

• lindaruzicka
    14 years ago

Terry, the pound cake is awesome! Since there is just my husband and me now, I get alot more..LOL!!

All the plants were wrapped fine and everything made it through nicely. I'll be planting today. I feel bad about not being able to send you plants, but there really isn't much up yet that's worthy of sending. I hope the substitue will help that problem.

• missmshell
    14 years ago

I got my package I got my package. Steve sent me a lovely box chock full o gardening goodness. I got...
    Topsy turvey tomato planter
    NIP bag of miss saigon dutch iris
    bag of red fire cannas
    red dragon flower (think thats what its called)
    Silver rose garlic
    bag of sturdy twists
    over 10 packs of various seeds
    bud vase.
    Thanks Steve, you rock : )

• tn_veggie_gardner
    14 years ago

Glad you like it. =) I feel so bad about forgetting the 2 seeds off my list that you requested though! =(

• proudgm_03
    Original Author
    14 years ago

SENT
    Dee
    Becky
    Darrin
    Amanda
    Diana
    Laura
    Michelle
    Steve
    Gladys
    Margo
    Mike
    Terry
    Linda
    Joy
    Carol

Received
    Laura
    Diana
    Carol
    Gladys
    Dee
    Steve
    Darrin
    Linda
    Deborah
    Margo
    Amanda
    Joy
    Michelle

Went fishing again this evening. Enjoying it but it makes for a late night. Late for me anyway!

BINGO number tonight is: O63

• lindaruzicka
    14 years ago

this is the most jumping around card I've ever had!..LOL!!

• gr82bgrammy
    14 years ago

I just arrived home a short while ago, checked my mail, and now I'm doing the happy dance!!! But, I hope no one is looking cause it ain't too purdy!

I'm enjoying a cup of Citrus Blossom Tea in the new Friends cup that Linda sent me! Pull up a chair and let me tell you about all the goodies that are in this package...

* Red & Purple Red Hatter's bracelet- my 50th is just around the corner! This is handmade and very pretty!
    * Friends coffee/tea mug stuffed with a variety of tea and hot chocolate - mmm mmmm!
    * Flowered garden gloves - these will really help my hands!
    * Garden elf flower pot percher - for my grandies fairy garden (hope to start it soon!)
    *Garden of Weedin' sign - have you been looking at my flower beds?
    * Blue bird, welcome flower and birdhouse mini stands - really cute
    * 6 eco friendly garden pots - will be planting these us soon
    * Beautiful hand made by Linda note cards - friends will be glad to receive these!
    * Decorated seed envelopes - I hope to fill these this up this year!
    * Murielae, Allium, Windflower bulbs - my first bulbs!
    * Variety of 14 different flower seed packets - Woo Hoo! I'm gonna have new flowers for my friendship garden now!
    * "Spring" foam stickers for scrapbook - for my garden pages

Thank you, Linda, for this great surprise box! I'm also thankful for the new friendships! This was my first Round Robin trade and it has been wonderful! Hope to do it again soon!

• gr82bgrammy
    14 years ago

Linda, just saw your earlier post. I'm really glad you like the cake. I took out all the calories before sending it, so eat up!

Thanks for letting me know that the plants arrived in good shape! Don't worry about not sending me plants, I'm going to have plenty of planting going on from the seeds and bulbs you sent! Hey, wanna come spend the day with me and help get these started?!
    Take care,
    Terry

• adopt_greyhounds
    14 years ago

my card is all over the place too! Craziness :)

• proudgm_03
    Original Author
    14 years ago

SENT
    Dee
    Becky
    Darrin
    Amanda
    Diana
    Laura
    Michelle
    Steve
    Gladys
    Margo
    Mike
    Terry
    Linda
    Joy
    Carol

Received
    Laura
    Diana
    Carol
    Gladys
    Dee
    Steve
    Darrin
    Linda
    Deborah
    Margo
    Amanda
    Joy
    Michelle
    Terry

BINGO number for this morning: G49

• dirt_under_my_nails
    14 years ago

MNF May's swap is posted!!!

later....April

• lindaruzicka
    14 years ago

I'm happy that you liked your box Terry..it was fun filling it up. I hope that makes a least a small dent in your garden.."L"!

• gr82bgrammy
    14 years ago

Linda, what do you mean "a small dent"? You sent me enough seeds that we need to go buy a tiller and turn our entire yard into a garden! Oh, yeah! My hubby gets tired of mowing 2 acres anyway (he's so glad the 3rd is in woods).

Question, can someone tell me the best process for starting lots of seeds? Should I buy those little seed trays, or is there another way?

Thanks a bunch!
    Terry

• tn_veggie_gardner
    14 years ago

Uh oh...May is posted? We'd better get someone to win this Bingo game then! ;-)

- Steve

• lilangel181
    14 years ago

Terry, I'm always a fan of the "sprinkle" method... take a bunch of seeds and sprinkle them around the garden. Its good as long as you aren't going for straight rows and things.

So is everyone having the same crazy weather fluctuation as I am? 60-70's during the day and frost warnings at nights... my more tender plants are so confused and I think it's killed my hot pepper seedlings! (Oh! They take so long to grow!) Also, bingo is driving me crazy. So close, and yet so far. It's like this crazy hopscotch board... jumps from here to there and back again. :)

Have a lovely day everyone!
    ~Laura

• mikey-gardener
    14 years ago

Hey there proud, how is those knees doing after the fall?? Just wundering is all. Gotta keep up on the latest happening when there are NEW FRIENDS around. I would say they must be doing pretty darn good here lately, as much as you been dancing around on every body bingo cards with those there numbers. leaving them there pretty foot prints ALL around, Just kidding ya just a little.
    Hey Terry, I love the sprinkle method also, that is the way I sow my spinach, lettuce, mustard, radish, as well as my flowers. In the vege. garden, I sow rows about 2 foot wide and then skip about 2 foot wide path for hoeing and pickin....

• proudgm_03
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Knees are healing Mike, though still a little tender. Thanks for asking.

Supposed to rain all weekend. We need it.

Well, I'll hurry this BINGO game up a little. BINGO numbers for tonight are: N35 G57 G54 G59.

• lindaruzicka
    14 years ago

okay, I need one more number two ways..LOL!!

Terry, I"m a sprinkle method too, although some I will actually put in a patch. If it's still chilly there at night, you can also do some wsing,

ALso, great news!! My grandchild is going ot be a girl! I"ll be having a little grand daughter in September!!.."dancing all around"

• lilangel181
    14 years ago

Congratulations grandma. *Lets fly pink balloons.*

Mike, thank you for that card. It really made my day, today.

I don't have a single BINGO number tonight... GAH! So glad to hear your knees are doing much better though.
    ~L

• w9yards
    14 years ago

I finally have some bingo numbers! Only one more to go! Had a fun day in the garden today. I live near San Diego and we actually had some rain and hail a couple of days ago which is crazy for this time of year. I have a rain gauge and we are close to 30" this year. Our normal is around 10" so it has been an adjustment. We have never had to mow and weed the property so much! Tonight we had beets, turnips, peas, and broccoli from the garden with our dinner. So much fun to eat fresh! Congrats on the grandbaby! The best I can do is my daughter adopted a giant alaskan malamute today. Still waiting for the elusive grandchild! Hope everyone has a great weekend!

• adopt_greyhounds
    14 years ago

I have a BINGO! G56,50,52,60 &59!
    What do I do now?
    Thanks!
    amanda

• cryptid
    14 years ago

WOO HOO for Amanda!! So happy for you!! Hope you're doing the Happy Dance, you wonderful winner, you!! :)

• proudgm_03
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Congratulations Amanda! Email me your address again and I will mail your prize. I can't find the one where I sent your BINGO card.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think this is where the boxes stand:

Deborah still needs to send.

Becky and Mike haven't received yet.

• lindaruzicka
    14 years ago

Congrats Amanda!!! YAY!!!!

• mikey-gardener
    14 years ago

Hey there Amanda WAY TO GO CONGRATULATIONS- HAPPY GARDENER!!!
    Linda--congratulation in order to you on the upcoming birth of the g-baby
    Proudgm-a big hearty missouri "THANK YOU" for a job very well done on the bingo numbers and beautiful job of hosting this months MNF, even tho I know it ain't over till its over. HATS OFF TO YOU!!!!
    Laura--I thought you might like that, had a feeling when I saw the cat on the front that you might need an uplift at times and I knew you like cats. Just a nice surprise to go to the mailbox and discover you have mail, especially when it isn't a bill

• indyjoy
    14 years ago

Becky,
    I just checked the delivery number on your package. It says "Out for Delivery or Available at PO Box, April 24, 2010, 8:52 am, PARK HILLS, MO 63601" You should receive it today!

• gr82bgrammy
    14 years ago

Congratulations on the granddaughter, Linda! They are just wonderful! We'll have to exchange grandbaby stories some day!

Amanda, glad you won the Bingo game! Woo Hoo!

Thanks y'all for sharing your secrets on sowing seeds! I purchased my first seeds just before finding this forum and bought trays to sow sunflowers and zinnia's! I guess that wasn't necessary! At least they are growing though! Each plant is about 4-5 inches tall! I guess I need to borrow a tiller and loosen the soil by the barn so I can plant the sunflowers there. I love photography and keep picturing photos of my grandies by the barn with sunflowers! There is nothing but hard ground and weeds there now! The sprinkling method sounds so much easier. I think I'll do that with some of the wonderful seeds Linda sent me!

Take care,
    Terry

• mikey-gardener
    14 years ago

Hey there Terry (gr82bgrammy) I just sent to you an e-mail to read

• cryptid
    14 years ago

Laura,...

MAJOR

Temps are predicted to be in the mid to lower 30's, here, from 2-8am tomorrow morning, so everything loose has been gathered up and huddled into our greenhouse. Geez,...when th' heck is this freezy-frozey stuff finally gonna stop?!

• cryptid
    14 years ago

See, this is what happens when I'm tired and totally stupid and sitting on my head!!! LOL!
    Amanda, I obviously congratulated you earlier,...just wanted to throw a nice sparkly graphic at you. Elly's standing behind me, reading this and laughing her head off!

Why th' heck did I assume "Laura" I wonder?! - "Wheeeeeeee!!!" - "Wind up your clockworks, Cryptid,...your gears are slipping!!" :D

"Peace, out...!

• gr82bgrammy
    14 years ago

Hey Mikey,
    Thanks for the email! Great info! I'm sure I'll be using it this week.

Also, I just found a way to make reading posts here MUCH easier. I've been saving this as a tag heading and each time I check in I click that heading and then refresh/update. Well, just now I saw Clippings and wondered what that was. I "clipped" this thread and voila, it appears under MY CLIPPINGS! Now I don't have to worry about accidentally closing my computer or one of the grandies playing with it and loosing all my tabs! Woo, hoo!
    Terry

• gr82bgrammy
    14 years ago

Okay, now I feel really dumb! I thought I could just sign in to GW and there would be a My Clippings tab, but, if there is, I can't find it! Would you please share how you do it?!
    Thanks,
    Terry

• lindaruzicka
    14 years ago

thanks for the congrats everyone! I have already bought pink stuff..LOL! Going to lunch with a dear friend today and then home to garden..WHOHOO!!

• lilangel181
    14 years ago

Darrin, don't worry I'm always up for some sparkly congrats. *grins*
    ~Laura

• proudgm_03
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I received my box from Joy yesterday! It contained lots of wonderful things:

a beach notepad
    a garden marker (Gardner's know the best dirt!)
    M&Ms
    Parden Me daylilies (I've been wanting some of these)
    French milled soap
    a lilac candle
    a body polisher
    two adorable bracelets (I love them!)
    lavender and vanilla body grains
    a cute wicker basket
    flower power plant food
    a pretty flower journal
    cool flower pens
    an adorable garden decoration hanger

I don't know how you got all of that packed in there Joy. It is a terrific box. Thank you so much.

• adopt_greyhounds
    14 years ago

Thank you for all the congrats! You guys are awesome! :)
    -amanda

• tn_veggie_gardner
    14 years ago

Thanks, proudgm, this was a cool fun swap! =)

- Steve

• mikey-gardener
    14 years ago

I still don't have a DC number or package from my partner or any information about it. I GUESS I WILL JUST WAIT IT OUT AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS

• proudgm_03
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Mike I emailed Deborah and she said she sent it out Monday. Be sure and post when you get it.

Been rainy here for several days. Not complaining. It was really getting dry.

• lovingmy4babies
    14 years ago

I'm sorry, Mike! I sent it out, but I forgot the DC! Let me know as soon as you get it, and thanks for being so patient :)

• cryptid
    14 years ago

What a fab, fun swap this has been! Thank you so much, Becky! Y'all here are the greatest! Our entire Garden Web community totally

ROCKS!

• proudgm_03
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Mike, have you received your box yet?

• mikey-gardener
    13 years ago

Becky, This has been such a wonderful time and experience with this MNF, you are such a wonderful and up to date host. a big hearty missouri "THANK YOU" and happy gardening and to all that gave and received I say to you enjoy all the "dirt therapy" that you can.Life is too short not to. I did receive my package from deborah.Will enjoy the three begonia's and the 2 vegetable seed packages. Thanks Deborah for a package that was well packed and the plants was planted that same day. My computer shot craps and going to have to buy another one is the reason I am so slow getting this out

• proudgm_03
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Okay, it looks like this swap is officially closed! If I missed anyone, please let me know. Thanks to all who participated! It was fun. Amanda, your prize for winning the BINGO game will go out in the mail this week. Thanks everyone!

• lilangel181
    13 years ago

Becky, thank you for hosting it! You did a wonderful job.
    ~Laura

• adopt_greyhounds
    13 years ago

Thanks for hosting! It was super fun :)
    -amanda