Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dan_the_mailman

new: new rr: christmas in june

dan_the_mailman
15 years ago

Okay, here it goes.

I know it's a bit early for Christmas, but when have we here at the GardenWeb followed all the rules? In my two months here, I've seen a lot of rule-breaking, hilarity, and just plain silliness, so let's have some more! And, to further break with tradition, instead of giving to one person, each of us will be sending a box to (2)two people, and receiving from two others! Who's your Santa baby? hehehe

Okay, here are the rules.....

1. All plants/seeds traded should be either variegated,or

have white or red blooms.

2. A minimum of at least 3 varieties of seeds or plants.

3. Everyone must have a bodaciously good time.

4. All those wishing to participate should let me know

by May 10th, allowing me to assign partners and announce

them on May 15th, and all boxes should be sent out by

May 31st, enabling everyone to have their "gifts" by the

first week of June.

5. A small stocking containing gardening/trading equipment

would be nice also. Examples would be plant markers,

pens, address books, stamps, etc.

6. A Christmas card greeting should also be included when

each box is sent out.

Some suggestions for other gifts would be, but aren't limited to: peppermint candies, ornaments, and Christmas music.

If you have any other ideas for gifts you'd like to suggest, by all means, post them!

HO HO HO

-Dan, S.G.

Comments (150)

• dan_the_mailman
    Original Author
    15 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Just a reminder to all you "elves" out there...

Please post when you've sent out and received your boxes.

Don't forget to hit the rate and review forum and say something out those who've sent you something.

Let's try to get this one wrapped up by next weekend. Get it? "Wrapped up?"

ho ho ho

• medontdo
    15 years ago

now that was good!! Wrapped up!!! LOL i'm getting mine together as we speak!! LOL i've been thinking all week which would be the best one's to send and praying that they grow some more!! LOL i want to send some we grew!! LOL way more fun that way!! LOL now off to make some cool things!! LOL uhhh hopefully!! uhhh i have some helpfull helpers!!! LOL hugs Medo
    we spent time with the family and Lucy awwww she is so adorable!!! i cannot belive how much she has changed in 1 week!! simply amazing!! LOL again Hugs Medo :'))

• happyseed
    15 years ago

Hi all, I mailed out my packages around 8:15 this morning.
    Medontdo your confirmation is: 0306 3030 0000 4940 3582

Suzi your confirmation number is: 0306 3030 0000 4940 3605

I really enjoyed getting these together and I hope you enjoy them. Thanks Dan for such a wonderful idea.
    See you, Sonja

• medontdo
    15 years ago

Yippee!! we are so anxious!!! LOL Hugs Medo!! we are soooo easy to please!! :'))

• Debra Andruska
    15 years ago

My two boxes went out today. Yay, I'm caught up with mailing packages! ;)

Carol USPS #0307 0020 0003 4325 6694.

Ann USPS #0307 0020 0003 4325 6717.

Be careful with shipping with USPS/priority. I added 2 Christmas books to Carol's box and the box ended up costing $18.05 to ship (compared to Ann's $7.40 shipping cost). The USPS rates have really gone up.

Merry Christmas in June!

Hugs,
    Deb

• dan_the_mailman
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Anyone getting any coal in their boxes yet? hehehe
    Or, has everyone been good this month?

-Santa Dan

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

Linda ~ you're such a sweetheart! my my..lol

I got your box yesterday but have been busy running my mom back and forth to the dr, and we've had massive rainstorms, had a cat stuck on the roof, and me on a ladder in the rain trying to get her sillybutt down, a son that graduated, and today he missed a standby flight for his graduation trip.. so we got to spend 6hours at the airport today.. *sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh lol Whatta week! I've just gotten home so I'll post tomorrow what all the goodies are, I'm just plain tuckered out tonite! :P

My boxes will go out on Friday!

Hugs all,
    Wendy / sassybutterfly_2008

• veeja11
    15 years ago

Dan ( santa) please help, I can't get an addy for paphiocon
    help, help or paphiocon please send your addy to veeja3@wmconnect.com. Medo, praying for your son. hugs carol

• paphiocon
    15 years ago

Hello Veeja,

I've just sent my email addy to you privately.

Thank you!
    Paphiocon

• dan_the_mailman
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Ah, I like this! I take a night off, and you kids just keep the ball rolling without me! LOL!!! I guess I'll have to keep all that coal until next year, eh?

I'm shooting for Sunday to post an update as to who has sent, received, etc. Keep posting when you send/receive boxes, okay? You're all making this hosting thing a great thing!

THANK YOU!!!

-Santa

• medontdo
    15 years ago

thanks Carol, but that's Wendy's son, we're justa praying for. my son is a great prayer force! LOL them two kids, i tell ya, they are great prayer warriors, although, i tell ya, ya might want ta pray for his buns if he keeps up with him being so obstinet sp LOL many hugs!! Medo

• medontdo
    15 years ago

Thank You Sonja!!!
    OHHHHH my!! the kids and i had so much fun opening it, it had...let me see if i can remember it all, LOL different types of i think live forever types of plants,
    some cute cookie cut outs,
    beaded necklace? thats what talla likes it for. LOL
    a hella cute rudolf stocking,
    almonds my absolute favorite!! :'))but Tabor ate them all
    stickems wouldn't know what to do without these babies!!! LOL but talla stole em!!
    apricot tea and stuff in a cup how awesomely cool!!
    and some cinnamon candy's now who doesn't like cinnamon candy??? LOL
    i totally love everything!!! thank you sooooo much!! HUGE HUGE hugs!!! Medo, Talla and Tabor, he has told me NOT to get out of these swaps and thinks my friends are sooo cool!! LOL and that they have such imaginations and know JUST what to send!! LOL **big smile**

• veeja11
    15 years ago

I can't seem to recover from mothers day, I sit down and fall asleep, so my boxes are gona be late. pappy I did not get your e-mail with your addy, I received two boxes today one from Debby a cute garden tote bag with twine for tying plants 12 pkgs of seeds a country garden mag, amarayllis bulb violet hand lotion christmas balls two craft, baking books for christmas, one is martha stewart a christmas votive holder, I was in a hurry to get plants in ground so may have mixed up contents of boxes if so I am sorry
    Anns box, a christmas hosta, a whit phlox, candles with holder, red & white cosmos seeds lillum seeds plant markers green, seed envies green a permenant marker, plant food. add a green pot scraper to debs box, boy am I spoiled, I promise to spoil my recipiants a lil late but thoughtful, thankyou ladies for spoiling me, I hope I didn't miss anything you are both great. thankyou hugs late carol

• dan_the_mailman
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Veeja, I just sent you Paphiocon's address via e-mail. Let me know whether it gets to you or not.
    -Santa

• medontdo
    15 years ago

ohhh Carol, i'm sorry you can't recover, take care of yourself!! its so hard when your sooooo young!!! LOL and so full of life to just sit down and BREATHE!!! i have to remember that, and always forget to, hubs has to get after me about that, hello we are getting older here!! LOL ok hubs said our boxes DO go out monday. i'll put out the #'s then :'))
    that looks like some cool boxes Carol :')) have fun!!!

• ladygreensleeves
    15 years ago

Sounds like everyone is getting some wonderful gifts and goodies. My boxes will go out Monday after I drop my hubby off at the airport. He's off to a training siminar. It has been so much fun putting the boxes together.
    Thanks to Dan...I mean Santa for organizing this (((HUGS)))

Regina

• happyseed
    15 years ago

Hi everyone and especially Medontdo, I am so glad you enjoyed your box. I was a little worried about having the right things to send and I am so glad you were happy with it. I have really enjoyed this swap. I recieved one of my boxes yesterday but am in a rush to go to a friends home about 90 miles away to help in her garden. I will post my wonderful boxes items tonight. It was unbelievable!! Have a good weekend, Sonja

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

okay Dan...yours is out...here's you number!...0307 1790 0003 5320 1249 ..hope you enjoy it!

• suze62
    15 years ago

Howdy ev1 :)
    Comfirmation #s for
    Michele 0308 0070 0000 3675 5958
    Linda 0308 0070 0000 3675 5941
    I sure hope you both enjoy what I've put together.
    This has been so much fun. Thanks Santa :~)

• happyseed
    15 years ago

Good morning, I hope everyone's weekend has been good. It is raining in Western North Carolina and you can almost see the plants growing (especially the sunflowers). Medontdo, I am so happy that you enjoyed your box.
    I recieved a wonderful box from Paphicon (Constance). She sent:

The regular cardbox box enclosed a second box. that was the most beautiful red color with a bright green ribbon and bow. It wasn't until later that I discovered the red box is a beautiful photo box!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    and then there was!!!!!!!!!

A wonderful Christmas Cat card with a photo of the cutest poodle in the snow. It looks like he's making a snowball and ready to throw it!!!! He is even up in the air!!!!!

Other items included:

Botanical Interest (favorite brand) seeds of:
    Alaska Nasturtium
    Candy Stripe Cosmos (tried to find and couldn't)
    Rainbow Blend Coleus
    Tiny Tim Alyssum (Sweet)
    Gorgeous Cup with candies inside a baby's stocking (I love it)
    Named Africian Violets (I have never had any except wallyworld)
    Violet one: Sky Belle (varigated!!!!!!!)
    Violet two: Rob's Squeeze Toy
    Violet three: Rob's Cherry Soda
    She also included rooting cups and directions that I really need and other items including more candy!!!

Thank you so much for such a wonderful package. I have wanted named violets and especially varigated ones for so long, I can't remember. Thank you again and you definately made my "Christmas in June" a happy one.

Take care everyone, I have just Got to go out and play in the rain. Sonja

• medontdo
    15 years ago

awww that sounds so neat!! i know you are a happy camper!! :')) we are so excited Suze!! i definately think the kiddo's are more than i!! LOL these are so fun, but you mention christmas and thats it!! kids are into it!! Dan this was the awesomest idea!! now my kiddo's are so into gardening!! even more!! :')) i have some passi's coming up finally!! WOO HOO!! i love the looks of them, but especially if they have smell (good) and if they have great taste!! LOL hope ya'll are having a great weekend!! Hugs medo

• dan_the_mailman
    Original Author
    15 years ago

good evening ladies! I know I said I'd get the list updated today, but so far I haven't been able to. I'm dealing with some health issues today. I'll get it up when I'm feeling better...
    -Dan

• happyseed
    15 years ago

Hi Dan, I hope you are starting to feel better. I wanted to say, "Thank You" for this exchange. It has been one of the best. I hope you have some other great ideas. Thanks again, Sonja

• dan_the_mailman
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Good Morning! Yes, I'm feeling better now. Thanks to all who've wished me well both here and privately! It certainly helps!
    I'll try to get the list out today of who's sent their packages and who has received theirs.
    And yes, Sonja, I've more ideas.....hehehe

Oops! That should've been a hohohohoho!

-Santa

• dan_the_mailman
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Okay, check your e-mails. I'm sending the list out via e-mail because I can't figure out how to get the different colors to show up here.

• paphiocon
    15 years ago

LOL! I've been off of email since Thursday afternoon. I had mailed confirmation numbers to Happyseed and Suze62, but GardenWeb wouldn't allow me to post another message before I left on Thursday.

Suze62: 0308 0070 0001 3360 9222

Happyseed, I'm pleased that your package arrived safely and that you liked the AV leaves! I've never mailed live plants or parts before, so I was worried about packing them properly. I hope they grow well for you! BTW, my Poodle boy was born on June 25th, so he really is a "Christmas in June Poodle".

On Friday I received a package from Kmpsmom. I like the way she worked the red, green, and white theme. I was so excited that I started playing with/planting the goodies right away!

Hosta 'Night Before Christmas' (clever!)
    Phlox 'White Delight'
    Seeds: Aquilegia 'Crystal Star', Asclepias incarnata 'Ice Ballet', and Cosmos 'Psyche White' & 'Tetra Versailles Red'

green Origami seed envelopes (adorable!)
    Apples & Cinnamon scented votive candles
    plant food
    green plant ties (already put some of these to work)
    2 markers (a Sharpie & a Painty)
    a little white jug (perfect for a bouquet of mini roses)

Santa Dan, you are so smart to have thought of this -- it's been fun!

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

Suze, your box arrived this morning just as I was taking a break from moving more rocks...what a wonderful way to take a break!

Here's what was in the box:
    An absolutley beautiful Christmas stocking (I'm definately hanging that up this year)
    assorted candies (chewing on a mint as we speak)
    cashews (hid from my husband)
    crochet hooks (I always need these!)
    plant spikes
    plant ID markers (I am going to go out and ID some seeds I planted yesterday)
    markers and pens (yepper..hiding the pens too!)
    geranium (I believe?)
    a really pretty hummingbird feeder and nector..(hanging it up as soon as I'm done listing)
    a cute little santa claus (hiding him from the dog)
    a christmas flag (it will look nice hanging from my front porch)
    a christmas gnome rain gauge (that will come in handy)
    a bookmard "the Mustard Seed" (one of my favorites)
    writing pad for my stories (I always like to keep one tucked in my car)

Girl, you outdid yourself!
    ((HUG))
    Linda

• dan_the_mailman
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Okay, I just got back from the post office, where my mailman gave me 2 boxes, explaining that "Dan, you've got more plants. Time for you to get back to working in your garden!" As if I need to be told that! LOL!!! One was from Wendy from the fairy swap, and the other was from Linda. Here's what she sent me.....

Small Santa-stocking of mints (nice!)
    Ladybug suncatcher (already in the office window)
    Large stocking to hang up this Christmas
    Gold ornament with bells (driving the cats crazy with it!)
    Bag of small tennis balls (those were for the cats, right? rofl)
    Excellent Christmas Card (though I don't know why she wrote "Santa says you've been good this year... but I don't think he's been watching very closely! Hee! Hee!) (trying hard to look innocent, is it working?)
    SEEDS:
    Red Elephant Trunk Amaranthus
    Red Monardo
    Red Poppy
    Moonflavor Datura
    Hardy White Hibiscus
    White Foxglove
    Creme Foxglove

THANK YOU LINDA!!! That was a great box, and now I get to go plant more in the perennial garden this afternoon! KEWL!!!

• medontdo
    15 years ago

wow! hugely great boxes!!
    ummmmmalll our electricity just went out from the storms, and they are not that bad, just a bunch of rumbling and a bunch of rain. hmmm what is all that about?? how absolutely crazy is that?? ahhh its back on!! WHEW now the girl can go back to being normal!!! HEE HEE HEE LOL she's afraid of the dark!!

• medontdo
    15 years ago

ok its in!! we had so much fun opening box, then............
    the first thing was the
    cute little stocking, oh both that we've gotten are going up!! LOL full of
    plant food spikes
    candy for the kiddos'
    cashews hubs and i ate, LOL i finally got something!! LOL
    hand cream talla loves!!
    pens for talla and tabor appropriately colored!! LOL
    plant markers so darned cool!! the T ones
    ok onto the next thing, ohhh she made a beautiful handmade and verythoughtful christmas card. that was sweet!! talla stole it!! LOL
    then we found the plant. a beautiful begonia.
    some baby bibbs. so cute!!
    cute hummingbird feeder and juice. that was so sweet!! :'))
    gnome water catcher!! ohhhh hubby loves that!!
    a zip lock baggie, hmmmmm wonder what that is for??? LOL :'))
    NOw for the seeds:
    candy tuft
    garlic chives
    fernleaf dill
    gomphrena
    convolvulus red enchantment
    parsley extra triple curly
    cardinal climber vine

almost forgot, and sea shells for talla's fairy garden
    and some lavender potpouri ohhhhh my this is by far my favorite smelling stuff i think, or berry's LOL

i have one 1yr old lavender and i was weeding in one of my everything gardens and i kept smelling this one awesome smell and i was like tabor dont dig there, it smells good.!! LOL well i finally smelles and found it. it was a small pile of it!! LOL (((major huge HUGSSSS))) this was just awessome something for everyone!!
    Hugs from a happy medo i was matched up with two terrifically awesome people, thank you so much Dan!! smooches to ya Dan!!

• paphiocon
    15 years ago

Hiya! I'm trying to get in touch with Suze62 to find out if she received her package (USPS site states that it was delivered on 5/30). The email that I have for her seemed to work last week when I sent the confirmation number, but I tried it today and got a failure notice.

Santa Dan, do you have a valid addy for Suze62?

• dan_the_mailman
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Constance, I just e-mailed you her working e-mail.

I need to hear from medontdo, veeja11, ladygreensleeves, and sassybutterfy about whether or not they've mailed out their packages yet. If any of you others have received one from any of them, please let me know so I can update our list.

THANKS LADIES!!!

-Santa Dan

• medontdo
    15 years ago

i can't just yet, hubs said i have to wait til friday when he gets paid, said THIS time he promises. i'm soooo like i hope so cuz now i have 3 packages waiting to go out, and i have people waiting sweetie!!! so i hope everyone don't mind waiting for 4 more days, i promise to put more plants in!! :')) (big hugs)

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

medo, I've been there...no problem...you gotta do what you gotta do! ((HUG))

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

same here, money issues! But my boxes will go out Wednesday at the latest. I'm still making the stockings! lol

~Wendy / sassybutterfly_2008

• dan_the_mailman
    Original Author
    15 years ago

LOL, no problem ladies, no problem! Good to hear from you all! Though, for some reason, Linda has taken it upon herself to try to get ME to behave! Imagine that! Well Linda, if you can do it, you'll have done something no one else has fully accomplished yet!! (wickedly gleeful grin)

• medontdo
    15 years ago

awww you guys are so awesome!! :'>> my mom say's "its only gonna get tighter medo so ya better start getting prepared!!!" i''m like mom it's always tight here! so i 'dn't DARE ask the one question!!!! cuz i know i'll find out!! so now i'm putting in that garden and learning to can and ummm learning what my grandma and them used to do, i wish she was here to teach me this!! of course she has passed on many years ago!! but the amazing thing is as i've probably said talla knows and remembers her, although she's NEVER met her. LOL
    that girl is simply amazing the things she absolutely knows!!
    anyone know what this one is??
    {{gwi:1266441}}

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

well Dan, if you did behave,(after all the ladies fainted and would have to be revived)..it just wouldn't be you, would it?...

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

DAn you just wouldn't be YOU if you behaved! lol

• medontdo
    15 years ago

Dan behave???? ROFL!!!!! LOL i have to share something with ya'll it made me almost pee my pants of course hubs didn't think it was that funny!! LOL

If you have raised kids (or been one), and gone through the pet syndrome, including toilet flush burials for dead goldfish, the story below will have you laughing out LOUD!

Overview: I had to take my son's lizard to the vet.

Here's what happened:

Just after dinner one night, my son came up to tell me there was 'something wrong' with one of the two lizards he holds prisoner in his room.

'He's just lying there looking sick,' he told me. 'I'm serious, Dad.

Can you help?'

I put my best lizard-healer expression on my face and followed him into his bedroom. One of the little lizards was indeed lying on his back, looking stressed. I immediately knew what to do.

'Honey,' I called, 'come look at the lizard!'

'Oh, my gosh!' my wife exclaimed. 'She's having babies.'

'What?' my son demanded.

'But their names are Bert and Ernie, Mom!'

I was equally outraged.

'Hey, how can that be? I thought we said we didn't want them to reproduce,' I said accusingly to my wife.

'Well, what do you want me to do, post a sign in their cage?' she inquired (I think she actually said this sarcastically!)

'No, but you were supposed to get two boys!' I reminded her, (in my most loving, calm, sweet
    voice, while gritting my teeth).

'Yeah, Bert and Ernie!' my son agreed.

'Well, it's just a little hard to tell on some guys, you know,' she informed me (Again with the sarcasm!).

By now the rest of the family had gathered to see what was going on.

I shrugged, deciding to make the best of it.

'Kids, this is going to be a wondrous experience,' I announced.

'We're about to witness the miracle
    of birth.'

'Oh, gross!' they shrieked

'Well, isn't THAT just great? What are we going to do with a litter of tiny little lizard babies?' my wife wanted to know.

We peered at the patient. After much struggling, what looked like a tiny foot would appear briefly, vanishing a scant second later.

'We don't appear to be making much progress,' I noted.

'It's breech,' my wife whispered, horrified.

'Do something, Dad!' my son urged.

'Okay, okay.'

Squeamishly, I reached in and grabbed the foot when it next appeared, giving it a gentle tug. It disappeared. I tried several more times with the same results.

'Should I call 911?' my eldest daughter wanted to know.

'Maybe they could talk us through the trauma.

' (You see a pattern here with the females in my house?)

'Let's get Ernie to the vet,' I said grimly. We drove to the vet with my son holding the cage in his lap.

'Breathe, Ernie, breathe,' he urged.

'I don't think lizards do Lamaze,' his mother noted to him. (Women can be so cruel to their own young. I mean what she does to me is one thing, but this boy is of her womb.)

The vet took Ernie back to the examining room and peered at the little animal through a magnifying glass.

'What do you think, Doc, a C-section?' I suggested scientifically.

'Oh, very interesting,' he murmured. 'Mr. and Mrs.
    Smith, may I speak to you privately for a moment?'

I gulped, nodding for my son to step outside.

'Is Ernie going to be okay?' my wife asked.

'Oh, perfectly,' the vet assured us. 'This lizard is not in labor. In fact, that isn't EVER going to happen. Ernie is a boy. You see, Ernie is a young male. And occasionally, as they come into maturity, like most male species, they um . . um . . . masturbate. Just the way he did, lying on his back.' He blushed, glancing at my wife.

We were silent, absorbing this.

'So, Ernie's just, just . . . excited,' my wife offered.

'Exactly,' the vet replied, relieved that we understood.

More silence. Then my vicious, cruel wife started to giggle. And giggle. And then even laugh loudly.

'What's so funny?' I demanded, knowing, but not believing that the woman I married would commit
    the upcoming affront to my flawless manliness.

Tears were now running down her face. 'It's just that. .I'm picturing you pulling on its . . . its. . . teeny little', she gasped for more air to bellow in laughter once more.

'That's enough,' I warned.

We thanked the vet and hurriedly bundled the lizard and our son back into
    the car.. He was glad everything was going to be okay.

'I know Ernie's really thankful for what you did, Dad, he told me.

'Oh, you have NO idea,' my wife agreed, collapsing with laughter.

Two lizards: $140.
    One cage: $50.
    Trip to the vet: $30.
    Memory of your husband pulling on a lizard's winkie:
    Priceless!

Moral of the story: Pay attention in biology class.
    Lizards lay eggs!

OMGoodness how halarious is this!! LOL Hugs Medo

• ladygreensleeves
    15 years ago

ROTFLOL.....Medo thats to funny! That lizard and his lady friend must have got together in my yard....there are babies popping up faster than my plants....lol.
    OK...I mailed my boxes today comformations are:
    Deb (debbya) 0480 5401 4370 4410 4885
    Ann (kypsmom) 0480 5401 4370 4410 4892

Enjoy your Christmas in July Ladies. I had a wonderful time looking for and planning the boxes. That was a wonderful idea Dan.

Regina

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

Omgosh Medo! That is HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I loved it!! hehe thanks for sharing :)

Hugs all,
    Wendy / sassybutterfly_2008

• suze62
    15 years ago

Howdy,
    So sorry I havent posted that I had recieved my gift boxes. Just like ev1 else busy busy busy:)
    Ok,
    from Sonja,1 red plant & 1 white plant(I don't know the names of)
    Cranberry beads, Sticky note pads, Easter cookie cutter set, large bag of cinnamon disc candy, Almonds and a beautyful stocking filled w/ceramic pieces & incense.
    Thank you so much Sonja I'm nicely pleased with my gift.
    Verrrrry well done :~)

• suze62
    15 years ago

Medontdo,
    If thats the plant that I sent you? It is a Begonia. It last until frost here. It has a small pink bloom.
    Suze

• suze62
    15 years ago

Constance,
    Sorry I'm late letting you know that I had gotten my gift box :)
    I got A pretty blue photo box, A pretty red (coco)cup filled w/lots of candy, Baby sock stocking with candy(great Idea loved it) Cosmo, Coleus, Nasturtium, Winter Squash, African Violets-Robs Love Bite, Robs Squeeze Toy & Ma's Megaphone With these were rooting cups & directions.
    Wow, great job happy happy am I.
    Thanks you ladies done WONDERFUL!!!!
    Suze

• dan_the_mailman
    Original Author
    15 years ago

well Ladies, this one's coming down the homestretch. if my figures are right, of the 11 people involved here, 7 have had their packages received, 1 has packages in transit, and 3 are waiting to get their packages in the mail this week. Not bad! Not bad at all!
    I want to thank you all once again for making this a fun, learning experience for me. I'm sure I made some mistakes along the way, but you all picked up the slack and kept me going.
    I'm going to take a break this month from hosting, continue to play in my garden, and sink myself into the butterfly/hummingbird swap.
    However, if the stars align correctly, I'll be back hosting once again in July, and introduce you to my FAVORITE holiday!!! There won't be any ho-ho-hoing during that one!!!
    Care to take a guess as to which holiday we'll be celebrating in July???

Take care everyone, and have yourselves a great night!
    -(Santa) Dan

• medontdo
    15 years ago

4th of july??? orrrrr maybe new years?? theres' lots of drinking, although there is on the 4th also!! LOL mmm ya those two are my guess! so i'll go with the 4th!! its way to awesome except for the darned heat!! LOL WOW nice boxes gals!!! :'))

• veeja11
    15 years ago

I finally got one of my boxes in the mail, happyseed conf #03080730000067913803. Paphiocons box broke open so I grabed another box put the stuff in it taped it up mailed it to the wrong person for another swap, so gonna get a new box packed friday my next day off, sorry pap it will be on its way soon. hope the other person likes the christmas card. I am still working five days a week, folks keep getting fired, so my two days a week have turned into five. happy gardening
    carol

• happyseed
    15 years ago

Susi, those plants are Koolliache (I can't spell it at all) or say it. HELP, Someone please tell her what I am trying to say!!!!!!!!! Have a good day everyone, Sonja

• paphiocon
    15 years ago

I'm so happy to hear that you did receive your package, Suze! I was hoping that the little AV leaves didn't die in transit. I hope they grow well for you!

Carol, I know exactly how it is with boxes and packing them. I had used copier paper boxes with lots of stropping tape and the PO clerk had to tell me that I could not use them. I had to re-package the gift boxes and then had to scramble to find more packing materials, plus I ran out of tape and had to finish off with duct tape. I'll bet the USPS people just loved that!

I'm going to be off email until next Thursday, so "bye" for now.