Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sandlapper_rose

UPDATE: Sharing Sprintime Pictures - Part Two

sandlapper_rose
16 years ago

I figured we were getting pretty slow to load so I started a new section for pictures. Anyone who is good with irises please let me know if you recognize any of my irises. The only one I know the name of is the white one - Immortality. I am sorry to be overloading you with pictures of them, but I am so proud of them. I have had some of these for maybe 25 years (or the ancestors to them) and some have never bloomed before! Can you believe all those years of waiting? There must have been something in this year or last year's weather that they really liked!

Immortality

{{gwi:1266494}}

{{gwi:1266496}}

Sorry the last few pictures are so large. I guess I didn't get them reaized like I wanted.

I hope everyone will continue to share the Springtime pictures. Love to see what is blooming in everyone's garden!

Jeanne

Comments (20)

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

Those are BEAUTIFUL Jeanne!!! Plzzzz remember me when you do seperations of them!!! I don't know the names of any of them but I do know that you should be proud of all of them!!!! You have some beautiful Iris's there!!!!

I have these Dl's blooming this week...

and some other flowers also like this columbine (Barlow )

I have some Impatiens blooming also and have a bud on my elephant garlic that is expected to bloom anyday now lol

Pixie

• brittneysgran
    16 years ago

Jeanne-The third one looks like Cranapple

Shirley

• kristlindgren
    16 years ago

You both have very beautiful pictures to share with us. I must admit I am jealous, Mother Nature forgot to turn Spring on here, I woke up this morning to find a couple inches of snow on the ground. Just when things were starting to get a little green here.

So for now I can only look at pictures of spring and flowers in bloom. Thank you very much for sharing.

Kris

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

{{gwi:1262726}}

Jeanne, your iris are absolutely beautiful. I wish I could help with their names but sadly I don't know any of them. I am thrilled that they have performed so well for you this year. I am in love with all of them!

Trina, I am loving your daylilies! They are lovely!

Kris, I was in the same boat as you until just recently. I am finally starting to see buds and blooms over the past week. I hope spring arrives for you soon!

I thought I would post a few of my new bloomers for everyone. Happy Saturday!

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

WOW Tracy those are beautiful flowers ya have. SEE Spring has arrived in Ohio finally!!!! YAYYY and it arrived with alot of Beauty!!!!! I love your dbl daffy Ducky!!!

I just love looking at all these flowers!!!

Pixie

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    16 years ago

Beautiful flowers everyone!!
    Tracy, what did I tell you about posting pics? lol

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Lisa, I thought I could get away with it over here. You weren't supposed to peak in on this thread! Now I'm getting scolded, sheesh! I have some more buds coming so you better go hide! lol!

• ibartoo
    16 years ago

Hi Everyone, Your pictures are so pretty.

Jeanne, Your irises made me drool! those are breathtaking. I too have had irises planted that have never bloomed. I have even taken them up and planted them right on top of the soil thinking they were planted too deep. I had one solid white one bloom this year.

Here are a few of my "pretties"
    {{gwi:1266474}}
    {{gwi:1266475}}
    {{gwi:1266476}}

Pixie, I love your daylilies.

Tracy, your tulips are just fabulous. Tulips are squirrels favorite foods here, so I quit planting them years ago. I love to look at them though so thank you for sharing.

• wynative
    16 years ago

Jeanne,
    Beautiful Iris!

Pixie - love your Daylilys.

Tracy - your Vinca is very pretty!

Keep the prettys coming to help Kris & I survive until or if spring get to us! I also had snow again over the weekend but it is all gone now and suppose to be in the 60's for the next couple of days.

Marie

• remy_gw
    16 years ago

Thanks for starting a new thread Jeanne : ) The old one was getting hard to load. Though it looks like this one will be full soon!
    I love your iris especially the 4th and 5th pics.

Pixie,
    Lucky you, daylilies already.

Tracy,
    I love that 3rd tulip. It it Ollioules?

Ibartoo,
    What is that interesting red flower? Love the Wisteria, I can't wait for mine to bloom.

Here's some of my stuff.
    A bouquet I took to work.

Tulips from Mellen. They came back good for a 2nd year.

Daffodil Cassata.

Remy

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Remy, thank you! Yes, it is Ollioules. I love the white tips with the deep purple. One of my favorites! I love your bouquet. I bet that brightened the office up nicely. Nothing like fresh cut spring flowers! Daffodil Cassata is lovely! I have never seen that before. What are the white and salmon tipped daffy's in your arrangement? I love the combination of white and salmon in blooms.

Marie, thank you, that is creeping phlox though. I have it all through my rock garden. They bloomed a bunch more since I snapped that picture. I am always sad when they are finished blooming so early in the season.

• wynative
    16 years ago

Tracy,

Creeping Phlox??? hmmmm it looks like what I have that is struggling to bloom in my yard - guess I don't have Vinca after all... LOL That is what I was told it was when I recieved it - pretty non the less!

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

MMMM I just love the Daffy Bouquet Remy!!! I think this year's goal is to plant more Daffy's for next March. They are sooo pretty!!! The Tulips from Mellen are beautiful, does that marker beneath the Tulip on the right say Fox something????

Linda is that a Bottle Brush plant on the top? (I am like Remy and am curious as to what it is, its very pretty). I bet your Wisteria smells sooo yummy!

I am soo envious of all the pretty blooms everyone has!!!

• remy_gw
    16 years ago

Tracy,
    I've wanted to buy Ollioules, but haven't yet. Next I buy tulips I think I will.
    The lightly rimmed daff at the top right is High Society. The one to the lower right is Pink Charm. The one over to the left, Easter Bonnet, keeps its "pink" to the base thought it is shaded lighter. The one in the middle is Accent.

Pixie,
    The marker is for a foxglove from Marcella last year. The other markers have been uprooted over the winter by the dang rabbits! I have to figure out where they go, lol.
    There are some beautiful daffs that do well down where you are like the ones in the jonquilla and tazetta divisions. Plus those divisions have a lot of great smelling ones too.
    Remy

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

OHHH Thank you Remy for that information. I have always thought Jonquils and Daffy's were the same flower not knowing that they were just of the same family. I have really gotten to love Daffy's this year after I had ONE (yeppers just one) that I didn't know what it was, bloom lol.

The reason I asked about the Fox marker is that I thought it was a name of the Tulip (this has been my first year for those also lol) and fox is my last name lol. I am trying now to germinate foxgloves but haven't had luck yet lol.

The worst part of living in "the tropics" is that soo many beautiful flowers can't take this heat and humidity.

One my DL's I have them bunched together (a no no I learned) so now I have to research the color to make sure which marker goes with which DL lol. Hey Im learning still lol.

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Remy, thank you for the names! I will be on the look out for them this fall. I am writing them all down now! Ollioulles was supposed to be a bit taller and I planted several others that are much taller around it. I thought they were supposed to be 24" tall but they stopped short at around 14". I need to stake that spot and shuffle them around in the fall so they are in the middle where they belong.

Marie, if you have yours in a shady spot then move them into the sun. They seem to like that much better. I have some in my shade garden and they are straggly looking, the ones in the pic are in the rock garden with full sun and they are enormous in comparison.

• karenh71867
    15 years ago

All of your flowers are beautiful and I so enjoy looking at them! I can't wait to have something blooming. This is how my spring has been:

Last Friday. Notice the mailboxes to the left. One is mine and the snow plow took them out. :(

It has almost all melted. This is my Hydrangea

This is a very naughty deer. She just got caught snacking in my flower bed!

I couldn't find any damage though. She must have been chomping on old stocks from last year. She got spooked when I opened the back door to take the pic, and started walking away before I had her in focus. There were 2 of them.

Keep your gorgeous spring pics coming!! Its cheers us Northerners up!

Karen

• beckilove
    15 years ago

I FINALLY have some pretty blooms to share! Yippee!! Here are my pretties right now.

Oh, and as I was coming back into the house, I was confronted with this little guy - yet another sign of spring! He was in our mudroom, heading into the kitchen. We let him go outside, and of course, the little bugger goes right back under our house! Hopefully he doesn't get back in - espeically as he gets bigger! I haven't had this verified by the menfolk around here, but I am fairly certain it is a small bull snake. They can get MUCH bigger, so I'm VERY thankful this was a little one!!!

• wynative
    15 years ago

Karen,

Your yard looks as lovely as mine does right now! hehehe Remember when we were kids and had winters and springs like this all the time - it was the norm? Well, Keep the Faith girl! Spring will get here one of these days!

Becky,
    Yes it is a Bullsnake. I have 3 that live in my well house in the winter - the biggest is over 6 feet! They have only been out one time this year as it has been so cold but they do a great job of keeping the Rattlesnakes and mice undercontrol! The big one has been in the house 2 different times - but he is pretty easy to 'herd' out when the cats start helping LOL

Stay warm & enjoy your weekend!
    Marie

• ibartoo
    15 years ago

Remy and Trina, yes that red one is a bottlebrush. The white is viburnum opulus and the last one is of course my wisteria. This spring has just been fabulous. Everything has bloomed it's heart out. I have new pretties, but I will post them in the next one. Linda