Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
donaldjames_gw

new: new: growing 100 friends

donaldjames
15 years ago

I am relatively new to the gardening community (especially here on the forums), but I decided it would be an excellent idea to do a large round robin to meet many other gardeners and expand my seed collection...

So here we go.

There is room for 100 Participants.

Each participant must make a box that has:

* 100 seed packets, labeled (special instructions, if any)

* 100 small introductions of themselves and how they got

involved with gardening as a hobby

* 2 SASBE

Each participant will receive:

* 100 seed packets, one from each other participant

* 100 introductions, one from each other participant

NOTE: If less than 100 participants sign up, your un-used seed packets will be returned along with the exchanged seeds. You will get 100 seed packets, no matter what (even if some are yours). I will try my hardest to mix it all up.

All boxes will be sent to me for sorting, organizing the SASBE's, and sent out from there.

I must receive all boxes by May 16th, so I can get the SASBE's ready over the weekend and sent out on the 19th.

If you are interested in joining, please e-mail me for address and more contact information at donaldjames@gmail.com

Looking foward to this!!!

Comments (7)

• jaleeisa
    15 years ago

New Gardeners/Traders/Swappers, not to be a resident busy body here (that's Sue :) as you'll know if you've been on the Seed Exchange side and I'd not usurp her self-anointed title!)But I have a concern and wish to share it.

No offense to donaldjames intended, but I wished to point out that this member is a NEW member who joined on yesterday- April 27,2008. I would be cautious in joining in this Round Robin which is being hosted by someone so new to the forums, has NO trade history with anyone else, who has not participated in any other Round Robins, to my knowledge.

Daonaldjames,no offense intended and with due respect,while I applaud your enthusiasm and your wish to make new friends and join in the fun, might I suggest that you join into one of the other groups that host Round Robins and establish yourself as a Round Robin swapper? The MNF (Make New Friends) group has no membership requirements and will be starting a new swap soon (the After Dark swap is the current theme, I believe the next one will be a Fairy theme.) In the meantime, I would endeavor to develop a trade history and good reviews in the Rate and Review Forum as a good trader with recommendations from other traders before hosting a Round Robin. It is not an easy or simple prospect. I know from experience, the After Dark Swap is the first I've hosted and it is more of a partnered swap as opposed to a full Round Robin swap, such as you are proposing. I have been a member for several months and have close to 100 individual trades, 30 filled SASBE offers and two Round Robins to my credit. I mention my trade history not to brag, but to point out that hosting such an ambitious Round Robin is not something I would tackle at this time, nor, as far as I know, would many of the more experienced traders.

All of this said, with due respect to donaldjames, those who sign up for this Round Robin do so at their own risk. New Gardeners should keep in mind that there is not a group or experienced traders/Round Robin Swappers backing this Round Robin and they chance losing the seeds they have worked so hard to gather.

Kathy~ Deputy Resident Busy Body- Round Robin Division

• medontdo
    15 years ago

just curious donald, why would i need 2 sasbe's??

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

Why, one for you & one for a guest, Medo!! :O)

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    15 years ago

Who is the guest? Me maybe?

I'm sorry, but I am just lost and totally do not understand.

Sue......just call me dense rbb today

• diene
    15 years ago

Well I have been away for a while but it is nice to see that some things never change. Glad that everyone is still having fun. diene

• donaldjames
    Original Author
    15 years ago

The two SASBU were for you! Incase all 100 packets would not fit in one... Anyways, I am CANCELLING this Round Robin, for various reasons pointed out (basically until I establish a positive reputation, being new and all)... but thanks for the interest.

• tracyvine
    15 years ago

Diene, I thought of you when I read this post last night. :o) How are you doing? I hope spring has sprung for you. It took a while for us here. I hope all is well!

Tracy