Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pixiesluvplants

NEW: mnf garden fae and friends

pixiesluvplants
15 years ago

WELCOME FAE AND FRIENDS, OLD AND NEW!!!!!

This swap is to welcome the Fae into our gardens. HOW you ask???? Very easily..... by providing them with the things that they like.

Lets see how many Fae People we have hiding in the forests and woods of GW!!!

I will be posting partners on the 10th of May and the ship date is no later than the 26th. Please try to ship your partners box during the week instead of close to the weekend to save any plants from the Weekend Post Office Hotel:)

Please send your partner at least 5 Fae loving plants.

Seeds do not count as plants but can be sent as extras.

Anything else that you send is extra, I just don't want it to get expensive. Just remember its all about making Fairies and their friends welcome in our gardens and lives.

So, here are the RULE RULES........

1. As per GW rules, you must be at least 18 years old to participate in this swap.

2. Signups go until the 12th, Packages must be sent by the 25th of January.

3. You can use Parcel Post if you like, but delivery confirmation is a MUST!

4. Keep it small and inexpensive!

5. Have fun!

If you are someone who likes to peak in and read, please post a HELLO! We love meeting NEW FRIENDS! Come on in and visit with us awhile!

Comments (150)

• tracyvine
    15 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Heh, heh, heh, heh... Glad to give out some giggles to brighten your day! lol!

Have a good one everybody!

Tracy

• scouttiegirl
    15 years ago

Oh my gosh I have been away from Gardenweb for soooo long. I just have to jump in on this robin if there is still room. I see so many new faces here and some oldies too. Count me in. I will have to play catch up and read through the thread.~Heather

• diene
    15 years ago

Hello All;
    I came to visit and tell you that I have taken pictures of my flowers. I will post them on the spring flower site rather than take up the space here.
    I will show you what my yard looked like on March 29th and you will understand why living in Maine is so much fun.

my first spring flowers (crocus)

I was really just going to visit but after reading about this swap, I am in!! This group is my downfall. Love to all. diene

• flwrs4ever
    15 years ago

Ohh I think we get partners tomorrow...YIPPEE !!

I Just love the pic of the seriel gardener...which one is Dan ? *snicker

I have been slowly removing the grass here...who needs it..my beds keep getting a little bigger, or we add a new bed..and I havent started in the front yard yet..that will be next year...LOL

Well, I will be shopping this weekend, looking for some great fair garden items...cant wait to see who my partner is !

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

I've been shopping around too! I love shopping for fairy things.. and this is such a good excuse to do it! *grins

Hugs all,
    Sassybutterfly_2008
    Wendy

• amybabyboy3
    15 years ago

Heather,
    It is nice to have you back. I remember we traded a couple years ago I think it was a kids swap. Take care, Amy

• medontdo
    15 years ago

WOW don't log on in the morning and geez everyone pops in!! nice to see you again diene!! how in the world have you been?? its so great to see you again!! :')) i know what ya mean about this group being your downfall!! LOL its sooo mine!! i was gonna try another one once, but awwwww, i just couldn't!! LOL its like these are my family, i can't trade in my family, and i always get new members!! how awesome is that??? some i don't really get to talk with much but that's alright, i know they are busy!! :')) ohhhhh i did get something accomplished today, i 1)irritated the heck out of hubs,
    2) got the all 4 new lines put up on the clothes line. and
    3) got some tomatoe plants that are ready to be planted. YAY
    4) got the crates put away last night!! so i did do some good!! i know not alot, LOL Hugs Medo :'))

• dan_the_mailman
    15 years ago

I believe Dan would be the one NOT in that picture?! Ahem!!! (grin)

After all, you don't really think I'd stick around the scene of the crime, do you? Why would I want to get caught?

Actually, if you wanted to find me, I'd be the one portaying Santa in the Christmas in June round robin. After participating in the After Dark rr, I was so hooked I had to try hosting my own! It's been a lot of fun, and I do know of some sneaking around, hiding gifts and whatnot, that's been going on. LOL! If any of you would like to join us, feel free to do so! You can join until Sunday morning when I close entries and begin matching people up. That's gonna be a lot of fun! So will hearing from everyone when they receive their gifts from two different people!

Uh oh! I'm getting some pretty stern hints from my two cats about going to bed. They seem to think I need to be told to go to bed, and to wake up every morning for work! I wouldn't mind it so much if they'd just leave me alone on my days off! Anyway, time to get to bed! Good-night all!

Dan (dressed as Santa and laughing maniacally in the background, chasing down some female elves and offering them candy...) LOL!!!

• veeja11
    15 years ago

This is what I will be doing mothers day 2 x this which was todays work.

• dirt_under_my_nails
    15 years ago

LOL!! That's great...Tracy

WOW Carol!!!!Lots of Moms will be pleased!

Hi ya Diene!

Bunny~ Thanks for the golden plunger!!!Your right, no swap is complete without it!! How is the morning sickness going?

Pixie`concrete sounds good to me!!

List goes up soon!!!!YAY!!!
    later...April/dirt

• tracyvine
    15 years ago

• pixiesluvplants
    Original Author
    15 years ago

a Quick catch up here, I know its late but just wanted to say WELCOME to Diene and Heather.

Diene I really hope you don't have that snow surrounding those lil crocus' now. We missed ya girlie!!! Glad to see ya back amongst the living... US!!!

Heather, Welcome back also, I am a new face to you but I am very happy to meet you and soooo happy you decided to join us!!! I hope you will enjoy this party as much as we will enjoy having you join us for this party!!!!

Carol those Momma's are sure gonna be happy with those flowers that you have arranged. HMMM Wonder if this momma will get flowers this year?>????

Ducky ya have me skeered to go out and check ma veggie garden now ...... looking behind every large leaf to see if the serial gardener is lurking............ EVEN WORSE... A HYSTRICAL SANTA!!!! (sp)

Well TOMORROW is the day ya'll ..... MY silent picker has been diligently working trying to match up partners. SOOO AFTER YA'LL RECEIVE YOUR PARTNERS I'D REALLY APPRECIATE YA'LL TO SAY A SPECIAL THANK YOU TO THE ANGEL THAT PAIRED US ALL.

Good Dreams, Sleep well and Be safe.

Pixie

• medontdo
    15 years ago

WOW those are some purdy flowers there!!! :'))
    and tomarrow is our list of partners!!! YAY!!
    and gues what??? the hubs is the man!! he's still sick of course but not to sick to fix the push mower, so i'd quit bugging him, if ya can be on the pc ya can fix the dang mower sitting. and he has the thing to be grumping and stuff so i just gave him something to be grumpy about, LOL
    so follow me here, i know how this man works.
    so he fixed the mower, since we finally knew what was wrong with it, its something in the gas line, and then i was really happy and really nice and see honey i knew you could!! all happily about it!! and smiling and bla bla bla, so now he's like happy!! see?? but he's still sick, uhhhh out of breath and stuff he said, so we're hoping that when the dandilions and such are mowed then that will help, and he did finally take the advair today. but we actually had to kinda argue a little, mind you when i say argue or fight, its not what most people call an arguement or fight, its more like a spit spat. LOL and its most of the time done and over with. we have quickness to us. that's the good thing.
    so i've made up my mind (as little as it is!!!) i'm going to slowly and i mean V E R Y slowly start tearing up my yard so my hubs won't notice!! **onery laugh** I'll be tearing it out foot by happy foot!! LOL we are saving all of the grass clippings, so that's cool, Hee Hee. so it's finally all good for the end of the week. took long enough!! LOL Hugs Medo!! hope ya'll have a great weekend a great mommies day!!

• emsgarden
    15 years ago

*sending the fairies to sneak into Pixie's house and whisper in her ear as she sleeps "partners, partners, partners"*

• diene
    15 years ago

Good Morning All;
    I am surprised that no one has mentioned Monhegan Island and fairies. There was even a children's book written about it. It was called "The Fairy Houses of Monhegan Island". Local legend has that the island has been the home to fairies forever. My nieces love to build fairy houses as described in the book in the woods by the edge of my property. They can spend hours working on it only to come and improve it the next day. It really gets their imaginations going, I enjoy watching them.
    Thanks to all for the warm welcome back, I have missed being here. My parents are not aging well and that is putting a big dent in my free time but I have to keep reminding myself that I also put a big dent in their free time for many years.
    I love to see this group still active and growing, I applaud those of you who have maintained it. We were supposed to have rain all weekend but the sun is shining and it is almost 60 degrees so I need to get outside.
    I am building another garden, my DH says I am taking away all of his lawn but there is still enough grass that it takes over an hour to mow with a riding mower so I pay no attention. I should have it finished by the time this swap is in full swing so I know where my fairy garden will be.
    Have a wonderful weekend. Happy Mother's Day to all. Congratulations HNB, how many does that make? You are a better woman than I.
    Love, diene

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

*peeking just to seee....... :P

Hugs all!
    Wendy / sassybutterfly_2008

• pixiesluvplants
    Original Author
    15 years ago

LOL ok I was told that the "natives are getting restless" lmao so here is the FAIRY LIST!!!

>Pixiesluvplants and Diene

> >Dan the mail man and Sassybutterfly

> >Kalena67 and Amybabyboy3

> >Nikkineel and Scouttiegirl

> >Medontdo and LLbean

> >Dirt_under_my_nails and Emsgarden

> >Flwrs4ever and Veeja

> >Lindaruzicka and Allisonlwise

Hope I got everyone. Thanks goes to that special person that spent alot of time pairing up partners. Please get in touch with your partner for any information that you might need or want to put together a Fairy box. Most of all have fun and enjoy the month of May and all the lil sprites that come your way!!!

Ya'll have a great day!!!

Pixie

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

woohoo!!! this is gonna be FUN!! Can't wait! Thanks Pixie!

~Wendy / sassybutterfly_2008

• dirt_under_my_nails
    15 years ago

YAY!! The list is up!!!

Diene~ just searched "The Fairy Houses of Monhegan Island". Very cool little homes. Kid's are excited to try to bulid some!

I'm off to do some fairy shopping!
    later...April/dirt

• medontdo
    15 years ago

thank you very much "very special person" :'>> this will be so cool!! do you know that this is the very first time we will have had "partners" as in paired with each other!! how cool is that?? :'>>
    we took hubs in today and found out, he has bronchitis like i thought, so another rnd of antibiotics again, so much work missed. i'm so hoping he don't get fired!! but they gave hm some combuvent or something like that and its helping a little and a different ant.b. and something else. so i'm sooooo praying this will work this time!!
    tabor and i got some yard work done befor we had to take hubs in. so that was really awesome!! YAY!! and lets seeeee.... ohhhhhh ya!! while i was moving the cell packs, ohhh man, some of them roots were getting long enough to be sticking in the ground, uhhhh moving time!! LOL Yaaa baby!! thank goodness i've got tons of those hanging baskets!! now i can pot some up! LOL i think in talla's fairy garden i think i see a bleeding heart growing. but i'm not possitive. i'll post a pic tomarrow. I thought that was funny considering i didn't plant any there yet. Hugs Medo

• nikkineel
    15 years ago

YEAH! I am looking forward to this swap. Scouttigirl, do you have a daughter who is 8? I did a little research and I'm looking forward to a great swap. I actually started the hunt a little early, I hope you enjoy the things I found.
    I don't have a trade list so I'll email you with my information. Happy mother's day everyone! Nikki

• emsgarden
    15 years ago

Yeaaaaaaaaa we have partners!! I am so excited about this swap. I have most of my plants that I am sending to my partner and a couple of other things already. Just need to do a lil more shopping. April - I'll send you an email later

Happy Mother's Day everyone!!

Hugs!! Em

• tracyvine
    15 years ago

Happy Mother's Day to everyone! I hope all of our friends have a wonderful relaxing day filled with lots of love and fun with your families!

Dan, those kitties may not be able to bring you breakfast in bed but they know that your the best Mommy ever to them! :o)

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago
  • medontdo
    15 years ago

Happy Mommies day!! ok i need some really quick prayers gals!! my sil is in labor at home, and thats how she's doing this, i'm really praying that she will have a quick labor and that everything goes great for her!! and that the good LORD took Jareds mrsa from him so he could hold his little one!@!! who knows i may have another neice by the end of the day!! that would be great 2!!! LOL i'll let ya'll know!! i've been sending Dan the same mommie's day things i sent ya, LOL since he's a mommie to his kitties, LOL Hugs everyone,,, Medo

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

Oh! A new mommy on mommy's day! Yay!! :O)
    Home is the best place to have a baby, Michele! Sending lots of prayers and good thoughts your SIL's way! And yours! I know you're excited!
    Let us know how things go, we'll be waiting to hear from you!

• dirt_under_my_nails
    15 years ago

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY ALL!!!
    later...April/dirt

• medontdo
    15 years ago

ok mommie and baby are just fine, no stats on baby but her name is anna marie irene. she is just adorable and we are so happy!!! thought i'd let ya all know!! thank you all for your great wishes and prayers for mommie and baby!! you are so awesome!! many great big hugs!! medo

• tracyvine
    15 years ago

Congratulations Michele! I am so happy to hear that they are both healthy and the delivery went well! I love her name!

Happy Mommy's Day to the newest Mommy!

Hugs,
    Tracy

• medontdo
    15 years ago

Thank you!! i will tell Bethany!!
    mom told me that Jared had the scare of his life, it seems Anna had the cord wrapped 2x's and that's why she didn't go to her due date. but other than that they are all just fine!! after that i got to thinking, Jared depends on GOD for everything, and he talks to him, prays to him, and his famous saying is "its all good" and, if Anna had waited till full term we know what more than likely woulda happened. so of course i had to relate my thinkings to hubs, of course he's not nearly as religous thinking as i am. and now i think he might be changing his tune a little. i can't wait to see pics of Anna!! she' has to be a cuttie!! LOL :'>> Hugs Medo

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

Congratulations! I am so happy that everything went smoothly. GOD IS GOOD! :O)
    Anna Marie is a beautiful name, it's also my SIL's name! LOL
    I can't wait to see pictures, Michele! You KNOW you have to share!! :O)

• pixiesluvplants
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Congratulations on your new lil Niece, Anna Marie, Michelle!!! "It is well with my Soul" is the perfect song for Jared! I am sooo happy that everything went good for Bethany and lil Anna Marie!!! God has His timing for everything remember!

Cant wait to see pictures of your new additions to ya'lls family!

• medontdo
    15 years ago

that is the truth!! perfect timing for everything except colds and allergies and........LOL **sneezing** now i know why they say that pc's are one of the dirtiest places!! and germiest. they say that when they popped open a laptop and used the uv ray and turned it on it had white spray splotches all over, you could tell where people sneezed and coughed and such, yep now i know why!! LOL i will never look at a pc the same way again, so when you use the library one or work one, or shared one, PLEASE use the antibacterial stuff!! did you also know that pc's are one of the places that you pick up germs the fastest!?? hmmmm wonder why??? LOL followed by door knobs. or was it light switches. i saw it on the news. i bought some bleach, and put osme on the bathroom floor where i found none other than blk mold in the cubby hole i can't wait til we get the shower fixed!! Hugs Medo :'))

• jaleeisa
    15 years ago

Congrats Auntie Michele!!!! Wow! Two! LOL, that was like me with Cliff's brother and sister in law adopting Aidan and Xavier! Just think of all the fun! And what lovely Mother's Day presents for the Mommies!

Kathy

• karenh71867
    15 years ago

Congrats Michele on your new Niece. I love Anna Marie for a name also! Very pretty!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day!

Amy, I've sent ya an email, let me know if you don't receive it!

Karen

• dirt_under_my_nails
    15 years ago

Hi All!
    Medont~ congrats on the niece!

FYI.......Flat rate prices are now 9.80 for the box we normally use, a lttle less if you use click-n- ship. Now they have a large falt rate 12 X 12 X 5 1/2 for 12.95 ,a little less if you use click-n-ship also.

later....April/dirt

• medontdo
    15 years ago

ok Anna marie was 5.7, and 18"1/2 Long, her head is 12"1/2 around. Jared said she is a mini model. he said he's gonna try and send pics over the pc!!! YAY!!!!! i'm soooo anxious!!! WOW

• medontdo
    15 years ago

{{gwi:395815}}
    ok ladies and gents here she is!! How adorable!! she is sooo tiny!! the only thing i forgot to send up was premie clothes. duuuuhhhhh, bad aunti!!!! LOL Hugs Medo

• beckilove
    15 years ago

What a doll! Congratulations, Michele!!! How exciting! Absolutely beautiful!!

Hugs,
    Becki

• pixiesluvplants
    Original Author
    15 years ago

OHHHH MICHELLE!!! SHE IS SOOO PRECIOUS!!!!! I want to hold her and snuggle her up to my cheek!!! What a little blessing she is!!! I am soo happy that Mommy and Anna Marie are doing fine, please convey our CONGRATULATIONS to them all! What a little sweetheart you have there as a neice ma Proud Auntie Michelle!!!!

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

Beautiful, Beautiful!! And so teeny! :O) The hand really brings it into perspective how small she really is! Wow!
    Congratulations again to all the family!

• diene
    15 years ago

Congratulations Michelle,
    I spent all afternoon with my closest friend and her six week old daughter. Isabella Grace, she is a good baby, very little fussing. Before Diana and Isabella came over I was able to get my act together and raid my gardens. Pixie your box is on the way, DC 01038555749481941318. I hope you enjoy. diene

• dan_the_mailman
    15 years ago

Hey Michele, CONGRATULATIONS! Anna Marie is just too cute! Could it be that we've now got a picture of a real living fairy? All she's missing is the wings, and when she gets to walking I'll bet you're all going to be thinking she has some! LOL!!!

Yesterday I went out to my parents' place and made my mother a tipsy pot filled with geraniums. She loved it! And that just makes me feel great too! We went walking in the woods, and I found the perfect stump for my fairy garden. It's an old pine stump, and has lots of nice roots which make all kinds of cubbyholes and caves. It'll be perfect for my gnomes. It even has some holes in it probably made by woodpeckers, but they look like windows in the "castle". It also has some "towers", and a few places where I can plant some flowers. There's even some moss growing in a few places on it, so it'll look very natural when I get it placed in the garden. How cool is that?

• pixiesluvplants
    Original Author
    15 years ago

WOW Mr. Dan I can envision that now... it will be awesome and hopefully you will take pictures of your progress! I am kicking myself in the behonkis for not thinking of that when fox demolished the tree stump in the front yard. How perfect for you that you have such an imagination that you can see things before they are! More of us need to be like that (me especially)!!!

OK here is what I have done today (no comments from anyone plz), cleaned, cleaned, trashed, junked stuff, cleaned, washed, hung clothes, cleaned closets, mopped, cleaned and now am on the way to making a chocolate sheet cake and clean some more just to keep everyone from scolding me for NOT ummm "working"..

Mr. Dan you are soo right also on the picture of a real living "fairy" sooo sweet, makes me want a baby UNTIL I remember how old I am so I will settle for Grandbabies but not yet.

• medontdo
    15 years ago

LOL she is a real beauty!! wait for another.....we have one more beauty on the way!@! i almost guarantee that she will be a living fairy also!! LOL i sure will send along all of everyone's how beautiful she is and all!!i still acn'at believe it!! LOL MAN!!! the kids and i have to go looking for a stump now! and we have to go and look for some nin-we-zjazk translation "milkweed" in indian. so we can cut it up and all that, oh and freez it. wooo hooo, maybe make it up and can some, LOL Hugs

• veeja11
    15 years ago

I am sore. I worked 12 hrs sat and 9 sunday. we had so many flowers, we had 1/2 of them in a panel truck so when I needed carns or filler I had to clime in and out of the truck, plus i have cuts on most of my fingers from the speed and my floral knife. I am in sad shape don't get a day off till wednesday, I am a two day a week girl. Flwers I need your addy and a want list, and if I can bend over I will dig ya some plants. my dh was a landscaper and in the flower beds he made he always put a lil minature fairy villiage in it. gotta try and find one for my partner. dh said they made the flowers grow. enough whining, a hug for fox. happy trading, Pixie you could have gotten me this time what happened ?
    carol

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

Hi all!
    I had a blast fairy shopping for Dan today! I know we're all having fun planning our fairy gardens!

Hugs all,

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

Hi all!
    I had a blast fairy shopping for Dan today! I know we're all having fun planning our fairy gardens!

Hugs all,

• medontdo
    15 years ago

awww Carol, she just wanted to share ya, that was the single most sweetest thing a friend could do!!! LOL :')) Hugs Medo

• medontdo
    15 years ago

i just wanted to also mention that friday Jared is finding out if he is cleared of his mrsa, so i am praying that the good LORD has cleared his whole body of that nasty stuff!! so he can finally hold his Anna marie!! i know i so worry so much about that stuff, but with antibiotics ya never know, and i have been reading on it, and ahhhhh***sighing*** i just worry. LOL i'm his sister/mommie, LOL ya know the whole half raised the little guy, LOL ok, 1 more day closer to my next niece, so hubs was looking on the net today and found daddy's girl by red sovine, LOL we do like his songs, there's a few of them that are really great!! :'>> ummmmm.....one of the dad's was a truck driver, LOL
    and hey becky it was nice to see you post again!! haven't seen you in ages!! :'"" i know ya been busy!! the kids's winter sowing prject i told ya about, OMGoodness!! its doing great!! more than half did great!! some cats got on my porch, uhhhh not my cats, and knocked some of them over, i'm NOT happy, they were in heat.
    seed starting in the bag, not good for me, kinda sucked, so i started it a different way. BUT cuttings in a bag, now that's a WHOLE different story!! that is SOOOO working for me!! the roots are even great!! i love it!! just fill the bag up with your breath and zip, if ya feel better, change it once a week or so, with your new breath, but it works great, but not with roses!! LOL Hugs Medo