UPDATE: ~~obf part 2~~ april showers bring may flowers

earthlydelights
15 years ago

APRIL SHOWERS BRING MAY FLOWERS

REMEMBER: our swap this month fits into the category

of

*~*SPRING*~*color>

SEEDS - to be planted in spring to be appreciated in fall

PLANTS - flowering, vegetable, bulbs, or a combination of them all. An extra "twist" would be any plant that represents water - rain lily, lily of the nile, pitcher plant - or pond plants. AprilÂs flower is the DAISY and May is LILY of the VALLEY. (you get the idea)

RAIN- something to represent water ~~ a sprinkler, gauge, watering can, hose nozzle, bottle spritzer

IMAGINATION - A little something that makes you smile, laugh or just feel happy for no reason at all. A garden flag; garden sign; ornament or book. Perhaps something fun like a game; jigsaw puzzle; book or playing cards for those rainy days that just canÂt be avoided in April - the possibilities in this category are endless

NICE springtime treat. Treat does not always have to mean junk food or chocolate. It could be jam, jellies, syrups, waffle mix, or perhaps something representative of your geographical area that your partner wouldnÂt normally have access to unless they were a tourist to your state.

GREEN - Anything goes in this category, as long as it's green.

ALL BOXES SHOULD REACH YOUR PARTNER BY THE LASTEST, APRIL 25th. Confirmation is suggested, although no need to post unless there is an actual need.

HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments (125)

• veeja11
    15 years ago

Congrats to the two T's !!I went back and read pages and pages of old posts to find out the gransdaughters name. but Maryanne always called her my grandaughter or lil one no name. so I didn't read the current posts, missed the winner posting. the person who made up the questionaire is gone, so I have no idea why kitchen color was asked, glove size sounds much more important. I am a womans med. I love this time of year I get mostly pastel flowers at work, which i love working with. happy spring. question of the day !! what is Maryanne sucking on today ? hugs carol

• diggindirt49
    15 years ago

Hell-o Ladies

~~~Remy~~~HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!! ~~~I have been on vacation for two weeks, so I missed all the fun with this swap. And, I'm sorry I did. I gathered up a sis and two cousins, and went to Arkansas to vist my other sister. It was the first time all of us have been together since we were little girls. My sis in Little Rock is hosting a garden party for the LR iris society so we helped her paint her arbors and bridges. We laughed, and joked, painted, pulled weeds,and thinned beds. We dug so many flowers, we had to rent a u\-haul to bring them home. We poked around in every junk store and antique shop that crossed our path. Too much fun, time just flew. Altho, I think my bro\-in\-law was ready for us to go. ~~Hope you all have a wonderful Easter!!!!~~Bev~~
  • uptreasa
    15 years ago

Happy Easter, ladies
    I happened to get the dreaded flu bug Thursday evening and stayed in bed until midday Saturday. DH took great care of me and cleaned up a very embarrassing mess I made. I missed a day of work, and a solo I was supposed to sing for Good Friday at church. He watered my seedlings and took care of my horses. Feel much better now. This Thursday I'm having surgery on my right wrist for something called Dequarvains. I've never heard of that. Anyway, the pain should be gone after that. I was planning to go downstate to my daughter's and her family for Easter, but with two little ones there that already had bouts of flu, I didn't want to bring more. I'll try going next week. DH has the hoops up on my greenhouse. : ) yippeeeeeeeee Happy Easter! Treasa
    I'm hoping to have Dianne's box ready to go tomorrow.

• sandlapper_rose
    15 years ago

Happy Easter, everyone! I hope you are having a nice day.
    Things are perfect here - nice temperature, lots of flowers in bloom, we had some family here for most of the weekend, wonderful food... whew, now time for a nap, I think! LOL

Treasa, I hope you feel better. It sounds like lots of people have had that flu bug that you had. Sure hope it stays away from my house. Good luck with your surgery later in the week.

Jeanne

• remy_gw
    15 years ago

Hi All,
    I got home from Easter dinner, turned on the computer and it wouldn't go past that screen that comes on when you first turn it on. I called HP and was on the phone for a long time, and it was finally decided I have to mail it in to be fixed : ( I am on the laptop Gary got recently. It goes much slower!! He also couldn't get Mozilla Firefox installed so I see the ads. It is going to take at least 2 weeks to get my computer back.

Bev,
    Sounds like you had a wonderful time! And you brought home lots of goodies. I wish I had a group of people come help me get my garden all spiffed up!

Treasa,
    Sorry about being sick. Well at least you got sick now and not when you are going to be operated on or that would of got pushed back.

Jeanne,
    It was pretty nice here, a little cool but not too bad. The daffodils are starting to ope,n and the early tulips are blooming on the East side of the house. I took pics when I got home, but now it will be a couple weeks before I can download them!

Talk to you all later,
    Remy

• luckyladyd
    15 years ago

Happy Easter, Everyone!

Bev, I'm so jealous of your freewheelin' good time! Sounds like you had such fun!

Treasa, good luck with the surgery. So sorry about the flu thing. Being sick, especially on a holiday weekend just sucks.

Jeanne, I have loads of daffodils, too. I would post pix, but I'm too lame to learn photobucket and have absolutely no time right now.

Remy, I'm so sorry for your sick computer! There isn't much that's more frustrating!

We had a lovely Easter; all of my sons came with their families and I cooked until I was ready to drop. A good day!

I am overrun with customers wanting to buy and sell property all of a sudden. Spring really does bring them out of the woodwork. Must get back to working on property comps. It looks glorious outside and I want to be in the yard!

Dottie

• remy_gw
    15 years ago

Hi,
    I'm just stopping in to say I did get Margaret's box on its way : )

Treasa,
    I looks up dequarvain's and it sounds like no fun! I sure hope your operation makes it all better.

Dottie,
    It is nice that you are getting so much business. That means more money to garden with, lol.
    Remy

• Melinda Hagen
    15 years ago

I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter! It rained all day here, but had a good dinner and we all watched Marley and Me afterwards. Nice quiet day!
    I got a surprise!!! Many of them actually! My box came on Saturday from Melissa! I loved it all! And I probably will come over to get my plants and save you the postage! I will be coming that way in a week or so! But, I will definitely call ahead and make sure it is ok.
    I rec'd--
    seeds-black bat flower, clematis Dr. Ruppel and Kilian
    Donahue
    plants-=gift card for 3 and gladiola bulbs
    garden magazine and puzzle for rainy days
    cute little pink bunny with bubbles-we did that with grandsons yesterday and had alot of fun!
    suet cake for birds
    adorable bird plaque looks like birdhouse
    lucky clover grow kit
    cucumber and melon bath set
    lip gloss
    4 pkgs. of pink lemonade drink from Emergen-c. Very good!
    Melissa, I loved it all and thought was a wonderful box!
    Thanks so very much! Melinda

• drgulley
    15 years ago

I hope everyone had a nice Easter. It rained cats and dogs here yesterday morning and by noon it was beautiful and in the 80's.

Carol I am so sorry to hear about your brother in law. I will definately keep him in my prayers.

Remy,hope you get your computer fixed soon.At least you have hubby's laptop to use.

Treasa, sorry to hear you have been sick. I have had my share of bugs lately and I hope I don't get anything else for a long time! Good luck on your surgery and no hurry on the box.

Shirley, I am starting to work on your box. Hopefully I will have it finished up soon and to you by the 25th. :O)

Melinda, sounds like you had a nice Easter. I have been wanting to rent Marley and Me but I have heard it's sad at the end so I have to be in the right mood to watch it. LOL!!!

Dottie, glad to hear business is good for you. A lot of people don't have that luxury right now. I know what you mean about wanting to be outside though. I sure didn't want to go to work today. The weather is beautiful here right now.

Jeanne, sounds like you had a good Easter. I made a ham yesterday and I was so stuffed by the time we were done. Time for me to go on a diet now until the next holiday! :O)

Dianne

• mellen
    15 years ago

Sounds like many of you had a nice holiday. Our son and his fiancee were able to come for a short visit. It was WONderful considering initially they weren't going to be able to make it. We went to my parents for Easter dinner. In their retirement complex there is a main dining room that they can go to if they want to. So we met them and my sister from Texas there. Had ham and prime rib. Delicious!

My sister has been visiting my folks for the past 2 weeks. She came to our house and stayed for 3 days, and she went with me to school. It was so FUN to have her here. I miss her so much as she lives so far away. We will be seeing her again in June as we will be driving to Austin for my nephew's HS graduation.

Carol, I thought Maryanne's GD's name was MacKenzie, but I got her mixed up with Sassy's. One of the def.'s for her name was "son of Ken." I had never heard MA's GD's name now that I hear it. Are you finally well?

Remy, WOW! what a list and ohhh what fun that must have been. My girlfriend and I have our annual plant sale on the Sat. of Mother's Day week-end. Hardly anything is up yet. Not even poking their noses except for a purple and a yellow crocus that we saw on Saturday. But we don't worry about it as we put it all in the hands of the Lord.

Oh, Bev, what fun you must have had! I envy you being with your sisters and cousins and doing FUN stuff!

Treasa, I looked up your "condition." OUCH!!! Take care of yourself.

Dottie, that is fantastic about your business! Way to go!

Melissa, Nice box that you sent to Melinda. Yours are always so nice and thoughtful. How are the wounds?

Dianne, Diet? What's that? I so want to lose weight for our son's wedding in Sept., but I don't think I have the willpower to get it done. A friend and I did join an exercise place for 1 month. We can use the equipment for a nominal fee and pay by the month. Have been once and it felt so good after we were done. Since I just finished with PT for my new knee, it really felt good to do some stationary biking.

Maryanne, did you do lots of cooking for Easter? I saw a plaque in a magazine that said something like-My house was clean last week. You should have been here then to see it.-I thought of you and your "aversion" to housecleaning.

If I missed anyone, it was not intentional. Everyone take care.
    Mary Ellen/ME

• lunamoon
    15 years ago

Just popping in to say hi and wish everyone a belated Happy Easter!

I just got all my computer problems remedied (hopefully anyway! **knock on wood**) so I'll be around more again. I missed you guys!

Looks like I missed quite the trivia contest! LOL

Jenell

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

Hi Everyone~
    It sounds like everyone has had a great weekend! I hope that's the case...holiday weekends should be enjoyed. :O) (Treasa, sorry you're not feeling well! Get better soon!!)

We had a cookout in the rain at my parents house. Daddy made a funny sight, firing up the grill while wearing his big yellow poncho. LOL He had to cook out in the shop building, which is 100 ft away from the house, so we had all the boys running from the shop to the house with food, all covered in foil ( the food, not the boys, LOL).
    Then it quit raining around 1:30 , so we were able to hide the eggs out in the mud. While daddy, big brother & I were out doing that, the neighbors cows escaped. So daddy had to chase them out of his yard.(and it's not a tiny yard, either..they've got 20 acres, so it took awhile!) That was funny, too, seeing him trying to balance several dozen eggs and run at the same time..while shouting "Shoo, bessy! SHOOOOO!". Thank goodness the eggs were hard boiled. :O)
    Anyway, it was a fun time. A little wet, but it was so good to see everyone, that I can't complain about that.

Melinda~ I'm glad you enjoyed your box. I was afraid that it didn't have nearly enough in it, and I felt bad for not including plants. You know you are more than welcome to get them in person. Just look past all the brush piles & high grass in the yard. LOL We're so busy still cleaning from the storm, we haven't been able to get the mower fixed to mow the yard! Pretty soon, we'll need a brush hog! :O)

Ok....I'm Off to teach some children why we don't use maple syrup as a weapon.
    Don't ask, I don't know why either. LOL

Have a great one, ya'll!!

Melissa

• dieg01991
    15 years ago

Hi everyone,
    I just wanted to drop in to say "Hi" quick and let you know that I'm starting to work on Remy's box. I won't be able to get it finished until this weekend though. I hope to get it sent off early next week. I will post when I send it.

Gale, please let me know once you send my box too. I didn't think about it until I saw that Melinda already received from Remy. I never thought to check my front step every day! We are still getting freezing temps at night so I'd hate to think about a box of plants sitting out on the step over night!

Well, I better get back to work. The weather has been beautiful here and I'm starting to see some green peeking through in the garden, how exciting!!! It's really hard to go to work this week for me too!!! I did get to spend a few hours in the garden this weekend doing cleanup and checking out what's growing.

Hope you all have a great day!!
    Amy A-z

• Melinda Hagen
    15 years ago

Yes, Melissa I enjoyed the box! I know what you mean about cleaning the yard from the storm! We aren't done yet either and haven't mowed yet! Hundreds of sticks are stuck in the ground and the grass is growing over them and still working on it all! Came a long ways, but much more to do!
    Hope everyone has a great day! Melinda

• earthlydelights
    Original Author
    15 years ago

hi everyone - i haven't deserted you, i still working on getting my taxes done. YUCK deadline is tomorrow!!!!! this last minute stuff is for the birds and i can't find stuff

be back soon.

maryanne

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

While Maryanne is arm wrestling Uncle Sam (hope you win, Maryanne!), let's play a game to keep us entertained. :O)

QUESTION:color> This jar was completely full at one point, but now only one candy is left. HOW MANY CANDIES WERE IN IT WHEN IT WAS FULL?color>

You may have one guess a day, until someone has the correct answer. I'll let you know who is close & who is down the block. :O)
    Good Luck!

• amybabyboy3
    15 years ago

How about 84?

• remy_gw
    15 years ago

Melissa,
    Gary guesses 50. You don't have to explain the Maple syrup to me with my crazy nephews! They were strung out on sugar on Sunday.

Maryanne,
    I thought I was a procrastinator!! Good luck getting it all done.

Jenell!
    So nice to see you. Hope you are back with us soon.

Which reminds me, Trish, if you are reading this, hope you can join us soon too!

Mellen,
    Sound like you've been having a great time. It is nice you will be able to see your sis again in June.
    Talk to you all later,
    Remy

• uptreasa
    15 years ago

76?
    HI, everyone. And, special hi to Jenell. I remember you from many, many moons ago. I think it was you who sent me a valentine box back then.

I should go do some studying tonight for the herb course I'm taking through Sage Mountain. I completed the first of ten lessons. It's really exciting.

Take care, ladies. : ) Treasa

• alwaysagarden
    15 years ago

Hi Ladies,
    I had a wonderful Easter, and so glad to hear alot of you did as well.
    Weather has been in low 60's so have been outside alot more. Lots of baby plants poking up everywhere!

Maryanne, hope you find all of your paperwork for your taxes. Yuck... I agree!

Melissa,
    I'm going to guess 79.

Cindy : )

• sandlapper_rose
    15 years ago

I will guess 88.
    Jeanne

• mellen
    15 years ago

I will guess 54.

Jenell, WELCOME BACK!!! GREAT to see you back with us again. You have been missed.
    Mary Ellen

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

Ya'll are really close! I won't say who is closest, though...since you're all at the same party.

Gosh, ya'll are good at this game! :O)

• Melinda Hagen
    15 years ago

I am going to guess 68! Melinda

• sandlapper_rose
    15 years ago

I'll guess 71.

• dieg01991
    15 years ago

My guess is 63.

• mellen
    15 years ago

My guess for the day is 69.
    Mary Ellen

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

Did anyone hear about that lady winning $25K for guessing the EXACT number of jelly beans in the jar? it was something like 7,594...some odd number...and she guessed EXACTLY! What are the chances of that??

And no....I can't offer THAT kind of prize! LOL I only wish I could! :O)

• remy_gw
    15 years ago

Hi All,
    I'm at work so I'm just in for a quick guess.
    Remy

• amybabyboy3
    15 years ago

Hi Everyone!
    How about 82? Have a happy Wednesday!

Welcome Back Jenell! I also remember trading way back! Take care, Amy

• veeja11
    15 years ago

I guess 58 Gale's box is flying conf #03082040000082262359
    hope you enjoy it Gale I had to work Easter Sunday. warm weather is finally here almost 60 today, I got some of my plants out of their pots and into the yard. happy spring
    carol

• margaret_2007
    15 years ago

Hi, Here's my guess--60

Blessings, Margaret

• uptreasa
    15 years ago

Guess for today is 77. Treasa

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

WE HAVE A WINNER!size>

Way to go, TREASA!!!color>
    The answer is 77.

Thanks for playing, everyone! :O)

Treasa~ I'll have your prize in the mail shortly!

• earthlydelights
    Original Author
    15 years ago

hi everyone. happy wednesday. taxes are done. i sure hope they don't get rejected. this was the absolute worst year for filing for me. first, i totally forgot until monday, then i didn't have everything i needed and the worst is that i live in one state and work in another so had to file both states, or at least i think i had to, and i was totally confused. i was up until 1:30 last night, didn't finish, got up this morning and worked until 10:30 and finally finished and then went to work and even worked late. one of these years i am going to boycott paying and filing taxes....are you with me???? especially after having to pay boo hoo

JANELL....welcome back. how are you? so nice to see you back and i sure hope you stay around. how are your girls?

remy, yes i wonder about trish too.

my guess is 83

melissa, i didn't hear about the lady guessing the jelly beans, but i did hear about the guy that proposed to his fiance on the brooklyn bridge and the ring fell below into traffic.

our easter was quiet, a little sad too, but quiet. too much going on here.

it's been raining like mad the last few days, non stop. tomorrow is supposed to be sunny, saturday is supposed to be fantastic. i want to be able to get outside for a few hours and do some weeding, so much easier after a rain, and then some planting. gotta do something about those winter sow containers. i am seeing some major green.

carol, sorry to hear about your BIL. i keep good thoughts.

my elderly aunt was taken to the hospital the other day. she had a fall - nothing outrageous, but they didn't let her leave yet. i have to get down there as well this weekend. working really interfers with the little life things that need attending to...it stinks.

so, we are one package down....remember, try to get them mailed out before the 25th. you received a nice box melinda. fun being first, isn't it?

i think there was more i was going to say, but i forget what it is.....

have a good night
    be well

maryanne

• Melinda Hagen
    15 years ago

Congrats Tereasa!! Yes, it was fun being first! Still working on mine! Or trying to decide what to add! Getting closer though!
    Everyone have a wonderful day! Melinda

• luckyladyd
    15 years ago

Hi Everyone, Just stopping in to say hi. It's really nice here today and I'm planning to ignore the phone and go work in the yard. I see I missed an entire game by not checking in for so long! Congratulations Treasa! You are on a roll!

Carol, I hope things are looking up for your BIL. So sorry to hear of his troubles. I'm working on your box. Hope to get finished by tomorrow.

Maryann, I can sympathize about the taxes. I had to pay this year, too and it was a shock. Had to scramble to move things from one place to another and was really sweating it up until yesterday morning. God I hate this sytem. It's enough to make you want to move to Russia and pay their thirteen percent flat tax! Even a formerly Communist system seems to have it together more than our government! Don't get me started!

I must get out among my plants and collect myself. Have a good day, everyone!
    Dottie

• uptreasa
    15 years ago

WOW! That was lucky! Thank you so much. It's been a great day. Wrist surgery went well too. I was in good hands.
    Sorry about everyone's troubles. Tonight I'm going to a presentation on herbal wellness. It will fit right in with the course I'm studying through Sage Mountain. I've been eagerly watching my medicinal seedlings germinating. Hope everyone has some fun in the dirt. I have to keep my right hand clean for a few days. See you later. Love, Treasa

• margaret_2007
    15 years ago

Hi, Ladies- First, I received a great box from Remy today but will wait for more time so I can do justice to all the great things she sent.

Now for an announcement!!! One of our special ladies has a birthday today!

Mellen (Mary Ellen) this is for you!

• sandlapper_rose
    15 years ago

Happy Birthday, Mary Ellen. I hope you are having a wonderful day!

{{gwi:1267141}}

Jeanne

• Melinda Hagen
    15 years ago

Happy Birthday Mary Ellen!! I hope it is a wonderful day! Melinda

• amybabyboy3
    15 years ago

Mellon,
    Happy Birthday! Hope it's a great one!

Congratulations Treasa!

Hope everyone is feeling better that has been ill or had surgery.

DebbyA, Can I send you plants for outside this time of year?

Take care, Amy

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

Happy birthday, Mary Ellen!!

• remy_gw
    15 years ago

Happy Birthday Mary Ellen! I wanted to put up an animation for you, but this laptop is awful. Anyway hope you've had a great day!

Treasa,
    Congrats on the guess!

Maryanne,
    Congrats on finishing the taxes!
    Remy

• uptreasa
    15 years ago

Happy Birthday, Mary Ellen! : ) Treasa

• diggindirt49
    15 years ago

Hell-o Ladies,

Mary Ellen~~HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!~~Hope you have a woderful day.

Remy~ My computer is sick too..It is going to the computer hospital tomarrow. Hopefully it won't take long to get well.

Treasa~Glad your feeling better and your surgery went well.

I finally got all the booty from my trip planted, and still have seeds & winter sowing to get in the ground. The
    truth is I'm running out of space and need to control myself. But, Oh Well!! Just wish the wind would quit blowing.

Hope everybody has a warm and sunny week-end. LOL Bev.

• earthlydelights
    Original Author
    15 years ago

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARY ELLEN
    HOPE IT WAS GRAND!!!!

congrats teresa on another game win.

i'll be working on my box this weekend, it's finally the weekend with time to spend in the yard and it's supposed to be good weather. game prizes will go out as well.

FYI: i started a new thread for the sent/received

• alwaysagarden
    15 years ago

Happy Birthday Mary Ellen! Sorry I'm a little late.

Treasa,
    So glad to hear your surgery went well. Congrats on guessing the right number for the candy jar!

Cindy : )

• drgulley
    15 years ago

Hi everyone,

Happy Belated Birthday Mary Ellen. Hope it was a good one.

I received a wonderful box from Treasa. Thank you so much!!!! I love everything in the box. Here is what I received.

Gardening gloves, three different garden figures, a really nice garden book, several different dahlia tubers, tuberose and a flower shaped floating candle. I love all of it and can't wait to plant those tubers. I have always admired dahlia's but have never actually had any. Can't wait to read my new garden book as well. What a great box!

It has been raining like crazy here today in Texas but we can sure use the rain. I bought a weed popper gardening tool that is supposed to get the weeds out down to the root so I think I will try it out this weekend while the ground is still wet and see how it works.

Have a good weekend everyone.

Dianne

• brittneysgran
    15 years ago

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MELLEN

What nice boxes everyone is receiving.

Melinda-Lucky you on the black bat flower seeds. I have wanted to grow that plant ever since I saw it in a magazine.
    Please take pictures when it blooms and save me some seeds.

Dianne-Thanks on the box info...no hurry here.

Mellen-My plant sale is Mothers Day week-end also. That is if the irises cooperate. My daughter and two nieces have a yard sale at my home while I have the plant sale and dig flowers all day. It really brings the people here.

Treasa-Sorry to hear about your wrist but glad the surgery is over. Speedy recovery to you.

Sue-I'm digging your plants tomorrow for your box. You should receive next week.

Shirley