Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
NEW: Send 3 Get 3 Swap

Posted by guardlobo none (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 19, 13 at 23:01

I was shocked to see no current group swaps going, so here is one.

Send 3 different packs of seeds (vegetables, flowers, herbs, etc) along with a SASBE and get 3 back.

Try to send seeds that others would be interested in. We all seem to have too much zucchini and squash, so try to send something that will add variety to other people's gardens.

Extra seed packets may be sent and will be used as bonuses. Please only expect 3 back, but feel free to be generous. If everyone is generous, everyone will get more than 3 back.

Post below and contact me for the address to send these to by May 10. All seeds need to be received by May 20. They will be shipped back by May 23. Make sure you include enough postage for a 3 ounce package, maybe 4 if your bubble mailer is a little heavy. You may make requests, but I will only be able to fulfill them if I already have the seeds or someone else sends them.

Thank you and let the trading begin!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: NEW: Send 3 Get 3 Swap

Welcome to Garden Web!
At this point in the season, I don't do a lot of seed trading, but as you are new to GW and may not have sent a lot of trades in the past, I will point out that 3 packs of seeds in a bubble envelope usually weighs less than an ounce unless you are sending very large seeds. Also, the postage to send and receive back just 3 packs of seeds, unless they are exactly what you are looking for, is not really very cost effective.

Those are just suggestions that might help you tweak your swap to appeal to more people next time.
Alana

o
RE: NEW: Send 3 Get 3 Swap

If I remember right, the one I did years ago the minimum was 10.Anything over that was extra & I divided out evenly until I ran out.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here