Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sandlapper_rose

UPDATE: The Incredible Edibles - Odd, Odder and Oddest

sandlapper_rose
16 years ago

I posted swap partners at the end of the earlier thread. I will try to send e-mail to each person who signed up as well, but that might take me a day or two. Feel free to begin contacting each other to exchange mailing information. Remember to come back here and post when you receive your odd, odder, and oddest seeds and/or plants!

I hope everyone has lots of fun. I am having fun being the hostess for this swap.

Jeanne

Comments (41)

• Michelle Reynolds
    16 years ago

hello
    poisondartfrog - I sent you an e-mail with my address and info, please let me know if you did not get it.
    I just can't wait to get your box together.
    michelle

• sunnyk
    16 years ago

E-mailed my Partner...and My partner E-mailed me back!! :)

We are on the road to Odd Edibles!

• poisondartfrog
    16 years ago

Michele (micyrey) and I have exchanged information. We are all set.
    Alana

• booberry85
    16 years ago

Excited! My swap partner & I have been in touch!

Becky

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    16 years ago

If you post here that you and your partner have been in touch, I will not send an e-mail message to each of you - otherwise I will.
    Still feeling a bit under the weather from my root canal earlier today. It was not pleasant!
    Jeanne

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

I have emailed my partner....hope to hear back from her soon! :O)

Melissa

• skohler
    16 years ago

MY partner & I have been in touch all is a go .

susie

• hmle2217
    16 years ago

Donna/sunnyk,

I sent your seeds out today. Please let me know when you receive it. Happy gardening!

Here is a link that might be useful: My Apartment Garden Blog

• sunnyk
    16 years ago

Seeds sent out yesterday afternoon! I will let you know when I recieve yours, you let me know too :) Enjoy!!

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    16 years ago

scents from heaven,
    Please send me an e-mail message. I sent one to you and need to ask you about something. I hope it made it to you.
    Love to see that some have sent to their partners already... not me, but I am having fun deciding what to send!
    Jeanne

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    16 years ago

comary, I have to stop by the post office tomorrow so I will be mailing your package. Please let me know when it gets there. We had two days with lots of rain so it was a good day to dig things.
    Sorry, Susan, I only got one box of things packaged up today but will get your together soon, too.
    Jeanne

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I received a package from Mary today and it was filled with wonderful odd things - LOL - many of which I didn't even know existed. Anyway, I will do a list so you can consider such "unique" things for your own gardens.
    Thanks a ton, Mary!!! Now a few of these are not to eat, but very happy to get them.
    Mary sent:
    Paprika Yarrow
    Garlic Chives
    French Tarragon
    and seeds for Minnesota Midget Melon, Cinnamin Basil, two types of peppers (sorry, I can't read my writing where I jotted those names down...), Mourning Bride Scabiosa, Green Zebra Tomato and Purple Calabash Tomato, Perpetual Swiss Chard, and the following eggplants: Turkish Orange, Casper, Little Fingers, and Apple Green.
    You are a treasure chest of oddities! Again, thanks so much.
    Jeanne

• happyseed
    16 years ago

Hi Ladies, sorry but life has ben #%^&#@ with my son and his wife (seperated) and I haven't been very attentive to anything. I do apologize. I am getting my partners box together tonight so hopefully it will be heading out tomorrow or Wednesday. I hope everyone is well. Sonja

• strmywthr3
    16 years ago

my package came today from booberry! what a selection.

thanks!

• hmle2217
    16 years ago

I got my seeds from sunnyk/donna today. I received the best veggie package! I got some

lime basil
    tomatoes (principe borghese and striped cavern)
    tomatillo
    goji berries
    asparagus beans
    royal burgundy beans
    lemon cucumbers.

Thanks so much Donna, you made my day!!! Hugs! Eek, I'm so excited to start some seeds tomorrow!

Here is a link that might be useful: My Apartment Garden Blog

• sunnyk
    16 years ago

Got my Seeds this afternoon!!

I Love my package! :)

I recieved:
    Tomatoes
    Purslane
    Lemon Basil
    Giant Noble Spinach
    Bok Choi - yum I love this stuff, now I can grow it too!!
    Cauliflower
    Brussels Sprouts- one of my wish list items Yay!
    Watermelon Radish
    Eggplant'White Cloud'

I am totally stoked :) Thanks Huong , I love my seeds !!

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Can't believe it did this (guess I am getting "into" the edibles theme) but I ordered a few more packets of seeds today. Anyway, when they come in I will be sharing some of them with Susan and Linda who have not had a package mailed out from me yet... and Mary (who I mailed to forgetting she would be out of town - as I told her - I was having a blond moment and I am not even blond.) Anyway, I suspect the plants that I sent to her will not make it, so Mary - you will get a few more packets of seeds in a second package. I should have placed this order sooner, but I have been busy with all the winter sowing seedlings that I have - they are not really big enough to ship to anyone, but they need to get out of their very crowded winter sowing containers. I have been spending about 3 1/2 a day lately in the garden. Whew - I sure hope those little plants appreciate my efforts! Some of you know what I mean when I say that winter sowing can be too successful!
    Mary, Susan, and Linda - I'll let you know when I mail.
    Happy Gardening!
    Jeanne

• booberry85
    16 years ago

Received my seeds today from Strmywthr3. Great minds think alike! We both gave each other basils (but different ones), both gave each other radishes (but different ones), both gave each other non-green lettuce (but different), both gave each other eggplants (one of the same!) I also received Early Purple Vienna Kohlrabi (Yeah! It was on my want list,) and Fuzzy Peach tomatoes, Black Plum Tomatoes, Purple Calabash tomatoes and Red Zebra tomatoes. What great seeds! Thanks so much!

• scents_from_heaven
    16 years ago

Susan, I have been battling kidney stones since Monday night (actually it has been six weeks but I thought it was a pulled muscle in my side but one passed in the wee hours of Tuesday morning). I am feeling better and hopefully will have your package in the mail by this coming Saturday. Will post confirmation number when I send. Sorry for the lateness. Linda

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Linda,
    Just so you will know, you send to me - Jeanne - and not to Susan for this swap. If you have any questions, please send them to me by e-mail. I'm so sorry that you have been feeling bad. Get well soon!
    Jeanne

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

I'm still waiting to hear from my partner. I will send my seeds out when I hear from her.

Melissa

• strmywthr3
    16 years ago

Melissa, if you don't hear anything from your partner soon, I can send you a package.

Barbi

• happyseed
    16 years ago

My partner's box is in the mail. Confirmation number 0306 3030 0000 4940 2936. It is suppose to be below freezing tonight so I am off to cover plants. Take care, Sonja

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

Thank you for the kind offer, Barbi! I appreciate that! :O)

Sonja, I will post when I receive it. Thanks for letting me know.

Melissa

• poisondartfrog
    16 years ago

Michelle,
    Your package is on the way; confirmation number 03071790000367906994.
    My printer cartridge died this morning and the detailed plant list I had typed to send along would not print. I included a brief written list, but if you want the details let me know when you receive it and I will send the document electronically.
    I hope you enjoy what I sent!
    Alana

• Michelle Reynolds
    16 years ago

hello
    I got poisondrt frog's box off today, it is funny I tried to type up a nice plant list for you too but the comp just would not behave. so you also have a hand writen note.
    dc# 0306 3030 0001 8901 0190
    I can't wait for mine(grinning)
    I'll let you know when I get it.
    michelle

• poisondartfrog
    16 years ago

I got my box today. Thanks so much Michelle! The plants and seeds for me and some garden pals to eat from are wonderful!
    I am sure I will leave something out-I've misplaced my glasses, but I received the following:
    Plants,
    Spearmint
    Black Cherry tree
    Dwarf Lemon (love it!)
    Basil, 2 kinds (These did not travel well but I think they will revive)
    Cilantro
    Tomatos
    Baptisia alba
    Maypop
    Passionvine

Seeds
    Peppers, Sweet and Chilli
    Radish Watermelon
    Carrot, Rainbow
    Corn, Black Aztec, Silver Queen
    Snake Gourd
    Butterfly Bush
    Lettuce, Salad Bowl
    Rue
    Parsley
    ...and a butterfly rasising bucket that she made. Love it too!
    Thanks for a great swap!
    Alana

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

I received my package from Sonja today.
    She sent a great selection of things, I'll post the contents later as I'm still going through them!

Sonja~ Yours will be going out in Monday's mail. Here's your DC#- 03070020000213962465

Have a great weekend, everyone!! :O)

• Michelle Reynolds
    16 years ago

hello
    I'm glade at least most of it made it ok, you never can say what will like the shipping.
    I got my box from Pisondartfrog today, and I love all the food itims for me and my garden friends.
    plants
    pussy willows
    mex patunia
    tomato tree
    apple mint
    million bells
    and more
    and a handful of seeds, it is funny we both sent each other watermellon radishes.

thanks very much, I will get everyone in the ground tomarrow.
    have a great day everyone
    michelle

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    16 years ago

As I think I mentioned, after I ordered one batch of odd seeds, I decided to order another. I have been holding off on mailing so they could get here. They showed up on Friday so I should be able to send to my remaining pals on Monday.
    Thanks for being patient!
    Jeanne

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Updating the list on who has posted that they received. I know some said they "sent" so we should have some more "received" postings soon.

sandlapper rose and susandonb are swap partners

scents from heaven and sandlapper_rose are swap parnters

debbya and tootisepop254 are swap partners

poisondartfrog and micyrey are swap partners
    Both have received from their partner.

comary and sandlapper rose are swap partners

booberry85 and strmywthr3 are swap partners

hmle221 and sunnyk are swap partners

happyseed and hazelnutbunny are swap partners
    hazelnutbunny has received from her partner.

skohler and megajas are swap partners
    I got e-mail to say that megajas has received from skohler

I will be mailing to Susan and Linda tomorrow as well as another small packet to Mary. As it turned out, I am sending more seeds than I anticipated - I wanted to add plants - but was feeling under the weather all weekend and just could not get out there to dig. I want to get these packages in the mail, especially now that my second batch of odd seeds arrived! (Mary, the extra packet is to make up for mailing too early while you were out of town. That was not good planning on my part! I'm sorry...)

Have a good week everyone.
    Jeanne

• skohler
    16 years ago

MEGAJAS Emailed to say she sent a daylily with some seeds last week the 16th but still not arrived at this time . will post as soon as they arrive .
    susie

• hmle2217
    16 years ago

I'd thought I share that I posted a new gardening post on my blog. I've changed places where I have my gardening blog.

The website is as follows: http://aveggiegarden.wordpress.com

Here is a link that might be useful: A Veggie Garden Blog

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    16 years ago

If you have already posted or sent e-mail to me that you sent or received, this doesn't apply to you, but for the other swappers, please let me and your pal know your status - sent or received. I know some must be wondering if their pal has sent yet and where the package got to between your home and theirs. It will make it a lot easier if you will let us know what is going on.
    Thanks so much!
    Jeanne

• happyseed
    16 years ago

Hello everyone and especially Melissa, Your package arrived today and it was wonderful. I was thrilled with the soil tester. I had always wanted one to do at home. Melissa sent:

Soil Test Kit (Yea)
    Blue Podded Pea Seeds
    Dragon Carrot Seeds
    Naranjilla Seeds
    Adzuki Bean Seed
    Black Cherry Tomato Seeds (sounds wonderful and already planted in their new home!)
    Armenian Cucumber seed (their now planted too)
    Gaya Melon (I'm researching this one on how big it gets)
    Lettuce seed
    Onion seed (the last two are one of my favorite side dishes)
    and a much needed cream for dry hands (my hands look awful right now)

Thank you very much for the package. I will enjoy all of it, especially the lotion.

We are looking for rain here and I have tried to plant all evening. Now I am just "pooped".

I hope everyone has a good weekend. Sonja

• skohler
    16 years ago

JEANNE
    Mail Just went & still No box from my partner megajas
    In the last email I recieved from her on April 17th she said it went out on the 16th positivly with a daylily
    & I have not recieved the box & No responce to emails .

So I'm Just going to write this off as being alost .
    Not your fault I should have let her send 1st but did not so it is Just another lesson learn .
    thank you for letting me play & I hope that she will enjoy all the great seeds .

susie

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Just a reminder to everyone to send to your swap pal. If you are running late, let her and me know. I certainly hope everyone is following through. This was a good idea - to have a swap group for edibles, so let's not ruin a good thing!

Susie, hopefully a package is in fact on its way to you and if nothing arrives by the end of the month, I will be sending some seeds to you... or anyone else who has done their part in this swap and does not receive. If I was hostess every month, I could not do that - but this is a nearly brand new group - second month of swapping - and I don't want anyone to totally miss out.

Thanks for posting what you received, Sonja. It it fun to read about what different people are sending.
    Jeanne

• skohler
    16 years ago

Jeanne I also Hope that the box will arrive this next week , This is why in every swap each of us need to take time to post with a conf # that our packages have been sent . it is a safer way to swap although it is not an insurance it will arrive I guess but then it might be able to be tracked anyway .
    I'm not saying all packages but when they have plants it should be sent 2-3 day mail with a conf# .

But Please you do not have to send anything I still have many seeds to plant that I had shared with my partner & Just hope I can get all them in the Ground :))
    We all Join these Knowing we take a risk of maybe a no show or lost boxes & you cannot or should not make up these loses thank you anyway.

The mail has been crazy this month any way with be tax month so there is still a chance it could show up.
    keep faith :))
    susie

• Debra Andruska
    16 years ago

Hi Jeanne,
    I haven't received a package (or sent out a package) due to no communication or contact.

Deb

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Updating the list on who has posted that they received. Come on, swappers, we still have a ways to go and it's almost the end of April!

sandlapper rose and susandonb are swap partners
    susanandbob has received from her swap parnter.

scents from heaven and sandlapper_rose are swap parnters
    sandlapper rose mailed to her pal a week ago - waiting to hear if it was received

No communication to debbya from tootiespop. Noting will be sent unless there is an address exchanged and that has not happened!

poisondartfrog and micyrey are swap partners

comary and sandlapper rose are swap partners

booberry85 and strmywthr3 are swap partners

hmle221 and sunnyk are swap partners

happyseed and hazelnutbunny are swap partners

skohler and megajas are swap partners
    I got e-mail to say that megajas has received from skohler.
    skohler has not received.

Let's wrap this one up!
    Jeanne

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I am disappointed that there has been no further word from some who signed up for this swap.

No communication to debbya from tootiespop. (Noting can be sent unless there is an address exchanged.)

megajas has received from skohler.
    skohler has not received from magajas.

sandlapper rose has not received from scents from heaven and has not heard whether what she sent was received.

sandlapper rose has not received from susandbob although susandbob did let her know that she had received.

I hope everything will get resolved. Let's keep swappng fun! If something came up after you signed up to do this swap, at least send an e-mail message so we will know what happened.

The month is over so unless there is a request otherwise, I will stop posting about this swap.

Jeanne