Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
abitodd

The Petal Pushers!

abitodd
17 years ago

This is a Perennial Trade Group that was set up to be a safe and fun place to trade. We trade Hostas, Daylilies, Bulbs, Cannas, ect... We also trade non-plant items, tall tales, wonderful friendships, and shoulders when needed from time to time. Through the cold months when trading plants is out of the question we will find other things to trade. Anyone wishing to join this group has to have traded with one of the active members, you will need to email that member and ask them to recommend you to the group. The Petal Pushers are a SAFE TRADE ZONE!!!

Comments (106)

• TakingRoot
    16 years ago

DENI!!!

You are such a sweetie!

I received my prize box and I LOVED EVERYTHING!! I potted up everything as soon as I opened them all. How did ya' know?!:) I was so excited! I'm with you earthly....awesome prize box! And girl you are quick!

JAYE

• raggedyann161420
    16 years ago

When Dh came back from the post office today I received a box from Deni, Betty, Megan.
    It had a beautiful card,with roses on the front, and in it, it says, "Happy Birthday Annie, We hope you have a Wonderful Day!". Hugs Deni, Betty, and Megan. it also states that it is late, but no it is not My Bithday is Sunday. IN this box was:
    Lily OT "Albany"
    Orential Lily "Acapulco"
    Asiatic lily "Cancun"
    You guys, I have none of these, and I'm just starting to collect them. I am so thrilled and please, but if that wasn't enough..........
    In another box.........

On the unopened envelope it says,"This is just a little something to help you to start a rememberence garden for your sister".

Inside was this beautiful card from Deni, Megan, Betty, and Lisa(easttexasgirl). Sorry, my scanner is not big enough to capture all of the card in one shot, so I had to scan it twice.

The front of the card
    {{gwi:1267525}}

The inside of the card
    {{gwi:1267526}}

The card alone says it all, but inside the box was:
    A wind chime
    Phlox "Amazing Grace"
    Trumpet Lily "Golden Scepter"
    Lily "Stargazer
    Canna Lily "Journey's End"

With tears in my eyes, I am speechless, and I thank you from the bottom of my heart. I sure hope I didn't miss anything.

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• raggedyann161420
    16 years ago

I need to thank Poisondartfrog, Alana for the Salmia patens "Blue Angel" in memory of my sister.

I will forever remember this kind gesture, and I Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• poisondartfrog
    16 years ago

Hello Betty! I wanted to let you know that your box is going out to you on Tuesday. I will post the DC if I can get online, but I am having some major issues with my PC so I may not be able to.
    I hope you enjoy it!
    Alana

• faintheart
    16 years ago

Deni,

Just sent you two emails...one via my hotmail address and the other via my netins.net addy. Please let me know that you got them.

Thanks!
    Dee

• faintheart
    16 years ago

Happy Birthday, Annie!!!/color>

Hope you are having a great day and will have many joys and blessings throughout the year to come.

Hugs,
    Dee

• galium
    16 years ago

Sassy, how's this??? Someone sent me the tube and I put my name on it.

• faintheart
    16 years ago

Deni,

It appears your zonealarm suite is blocking my emails from possibly both of my email accounts. I have no way to request you "add me" as in the email replies I get, there is a hotlink button to request such and my email provider is blocking the full url to do so.

.....frustrated Dee

• nyvoices99
    16 years ago

Thank you Deni, Megan & Betty,
    I got my Birthday box, what a great surprise, Thank you so much for the Card & lily bulb's,
    Albany, Acapulco & Cancun.
    :)Anita off to plant, Have a great day all.

• sassyd
    16 years ago

Mariann!!!! You go girl! Looks great! See nothing to it, you'll be animating before long:)))

Anita....Happy Happy Birthday, sorry when I posted Annie's on the other board I didn't know its was yours too! I'll be getting you a nice Birthday box out soon!

You girls just remember.....

• poisondartfrog
    16 years ago

Okay Bettyboops,
    Your box is ready for the road. Your DC numbers are 013855 7490 1593 1167 and 0103 8555 7490 2641 6929. One of the items was too long and I had to give it a box of it's own.
    Have a great week! Alana

• rosebud_2050
    16 years ago

hi everyone.
    I have been having server problems for a week or more I hope I'm not missing anything .I knew we would be having problems with it due to some upgrades so I didn,t sign up for this months swap.If anyone tries and can't reach me ,just reach me here and I will check in ...
    HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAYS to Anita and Annie...
    hope everyones having as nice weather as we are,its just BEAUTIFUL!!!!!
    Off to work in my gardens .
    Shirley *rosebud*

• galium
    16 years ago
  • galium
    16 years ago
  • bettyboops
    16 years ago

Hi you'll, I don't get on to post very often. I bet some of you didn't know if I really existed. This looks like it's gona be a great group and like most of you, I love the great swap boxes. I look forward to seeing what Alana has cooked up for me (I'm not sure if I need to be careful opening, I sure hope a "dartfrog" ,what ever that is, doesn't jump out)(Tell me Alana, what is a poisondartfrog, I am sure it is a cute little frog but by the name I can't be sure) I hope everyone had a great BD! Remember, You are not getting older, you are getting BETTER!!!

• faintheart
    16 years ago

Hi Betty!

Good to meet you and see you posting! Please post more often because now I am going to worry about Alana's frog if I don't see you here. ; )

~Dee... who loves froggies

• poisondartfrog
    16 years ago

Uh oh. I am getting worried about the frog.
    {{gwi:1267530}}

• raggedyann161420
    16 years ago

Alana, that is a pretty little frog,Is he friend or foe?

Thanks for the Birthday wishes. So thankfull to be on this "Gods Green Earth" I don't care that I'm half a century + 6.

I'm on my long stretch at work, and I have 54 hours down and 20 more to go. When I get off on Friday I don't have to go back until Monday night, then I'm off again till Friday night. I do love my hours during the growing season.

Back to bed for a while.
    LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• mary_s
    16 years ago

Hello all you fellow petal pushers!!!

Alana, heads up....your package went out today!!! I hope everything travels well! It could possibly be there Monday or Tuesday! The confirmation # is:0306 3030 0003 5336 7693. Cute frog....is that a pet or a wild one...never have seen one like that around here!

MaryS

• raggedyann161420
    16 years ago

{{gwi:1267531}}

I hope everyone has a great day! I'm going to be digging in the dirt all day after church.

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• TakingRoot
    16 years ago

WISHING ALL OF YOU A:

JAYE

• Melinda Hagen
    16 years ago

Same to each and everyone of you!

• raggedyann161420
    16 years ago

I want to share a picture of the card I received from Dee(faintheart) and Mariann(galium).

{{gwi:1267532}}

But that is not all, along with the card was a daylily "Sammy Russell" that was from the garden of MariannÂs fatherÂs garden and "HeavenÂs Gate" Coreopsis to add to De DeÂs memorial garden.

Again I am speechless, and so thankful to have the support of my friends on line.
    LIFE IS GOOD, and THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART,
    Annie

• poisondartfrog
    16 years ago

MaryS is the bomb! I got my box of goodies today and I am astounded at the assortment of plants that Mary sent me:
    a href="http://photobucket.com"; target="_blank">{{gwi:1267533}}
    She sent me three different hostas, none of which I had, 2 heucheras, 2 daylilies (Purity and Rosey Returns), Rosemary, Sedum, and a wonderful frog! She very kindly included plant labels with each one so that I can keep track. I hope I didn't leave anything out. There were so many great plants. I am a very happy gardener!
    Thank you!
    Alana

• poisondartfrog
    16 years ago

Do you ever wish you could revise an existing post instead of starting over? I do. All the time.
    I was taking the trash out this morning and when I picked up the box I got from Mary and I realized I had overlooked something. She had sent a nice note along with some postcards depicting features of her beautiful city. I really did enjoy them. There was also a candy bar. My last load of mulch for the season is coming today. I see myself leaning on a shovel this afternoon, eating that candy bar and looking back on my day's work.
    Thanks again Mary. I was so excited by the plants (no exaggeration!) that I overlooked that last bit.

• nyvoices99
    16 years ago

Deb,
    I'm going to be late with your box:( sorry, I will get it out as soon as I can..Anita

• mary_s
    16 years ago

Alana,
    I am so glad you liked the package of plants! That sounds like something I would do! I'm glad you found the rest of the goodies! The picture looked like they all survived the trip! I usually send daylilies dry but decided at the last minute they might like a little moisture! Most of mine froze off in April and are just coming back. Hope they all do well for you! I am glad Mr froggie was not broken. Sometimes the P.O. can be a little rough on packages!!MaryS

• Melinda Hagen
    16 years ago

Hello all! Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the spring!
    Shirley-I am off the next two days so hope to get your package ready tomorrow or Thursday! But I will post for sure when and send the dc #. Thanks, Melinda

• abitodd
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Good Morning Ladies,

Ok this has got to be a quick post so I can get to bed. Meghan is having surgery in a a few hours so I need a little sleep before.

Annette-Moonphase your prize box for winning the game went out late this afternoon DC# 9101150134711853529578

Diane-Sassyd your prize box for the winning logo also went out late this afternoon DC# 9101150134711853529615

Melinda - Your Swap boxes from me went out today - DC#'s 9101150134711853529684 and 9101150134711853529660

Dee your swap boxes from Meghan also went out and the DC#'s 9101150134711853529592 and 9101150134711853529639

Last but certainly not least Ms Mary_s your boxes from Betty also went out and rge DC#'s 9101150134711853529653 and 9101150134711853529677

Hope you all enjoy.

Please keep Meghan in your prayers as she is very scared and upset over this surgery. I will try to check in tomorrow night if I get to come home. Meghan is not going to let me far from her sight in the next few days.

Have a GREAT DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Deni

• Melinda Hagen
    16 years ago

Thanks for letting us know! I will be keeping Meghan in my prayers!

• Debra Andruska
    16 years ago

Meghan's box went out today, USPS #0306 1070 0004 0386 6972.
    I hope you enjoy it Meghan!

Deb

• faintheart
    16 years ago

Deni,

How is Meghan doing? Please let her know she is in my thoughts. I am stalking the mailman too. ;)

Hugs,
    Dee

• moonphase
    16 years ago

Deni received my prize today and it really was a surprise.I did not expect anything for answering the questions..lol
    Everyone,I got an incense holder that looks like a sunflower and incense.
    Thank You Deni
    moonphase

• Melinda Hagen
    16 years ago

I rec'd two great boxes today from Deni! I will post in am what I got! Really tired and have to go to bed! Been A Long Day!
    I loved it though! Melinda

• mary_s
    16 years ago

I had a wonderful surprise yesterday when I received my first box from Betty! And today, I got another box from Betty!
    Yesterday's box was jam packed full of goodies! Thank you so much Betty! You really made my day, 2 days in a row!
    First of all when I opened the box it smelled soooo good!
    She sent some yummy sunflower pot pourri and it permeated the whole box!
    She also sent:
    raspberry grapefruit bubble bath
    Raspberry tea
    chick-a-poo plant food
    Nice garden gloves
    tea towel that says "enjoy the taste of life...take big bites"
    a garden stake that says "enjoy each day"
    The cutest doggone t-shirt that says "Plays in the Dirt". I cannot wait to wear that!
    A "Betty Boop" key chain....and then came the plants!!!!
    2 daylilies...elegant candy and another new one for me...oops I cannot remember what it is.It is raining or I would go out and check!
    Clematis
    4 Lilies...Vermeer, Albany, Showwinner and Red Gloriosa Lily...complete with labels
    Another "mystery plant"....looks like echinacea?
    Everything was wrapped in colorful tissue!What a treat! I was leaving town for the lake overnight so I took care of the plants today when we came home! They are all planted !
    Today, I could not believe my eyes when the mailman brought another package! It was a herb growing kit complete with a stand,5 pots,soil and seeds.
    There was also an unusual sedum in with the herb garden.Oh Betty you are a sweetie! I really like everything. Thanks so much! I will try to take a pic tomorrow of everything. MaryS

• abitodd
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hello Everyone,

Meghan got her box from Deb yesterday. I had it ready and waiting for her to open today.

Little background. Meghan made it through her surgery fine on Wednesday. They let her come on home as we all thought she was doing great. Well as it turned out we where all wrong. We wound up having to rush her back to the hospital as she started bleeding internally. seems they nicked something while they where in there and did not realize it. Her abdomen had filled up with blood and she was in sever pain. It did stop on its on but she has been through lots of tests and on lots of meds. She is home now and happy but is just now really starting to feel better. Anyway she still can not sit up at the computer so she wanted me to list the things she got and to let Deb know how much she liked it.

Deb it could not have arrived at a better time. She was so excited.

In the box.....
    5 mixed Asaitic Lily bulbs
    Curly spider plant
    African violet
    Ajuga
    Chocolate Mint
    Bear's Claw Cotyledon
    Daisy Grow Kit
    2 frogs on a swing
    The cutest little basket
    Seeds - Purple Gomphrena, Columbine-Nora Barlow, Atlantic Dill, Pumpkin, Datura yellow, Purple Money Plant, Echinops Ritro, Creeping Bell Flower, Datura Purple
    and
    A small ceramic basket of flowers

Man what a box. She is smiling ear to ear. she loves to get a box in the mail.

Ok ladies I hope you are all having a great weekend. I am planning on getting some things planted tomorrow. Boy do I have my work cut out for me.

Deni

• TakingRoot
    16 years ago

Deni,

How's Meghan doing? Let her know she is in my thoughts and prayers!

This is for you Meghan!

Jaye

• Debra Andruska
    16 years ago

Deni,
    Thanks for letting me know Meghan's box arrived. I hope the plants arrived in good condition. If not, please let me know. I can re-send any that perished, I have plenty to share! The day I sent the package it frosted that night and went down to 33*. I had no idea a cold front was going through the area! Our weather has been so unpredictable lately.

Meghan,
    I hope your feeling better! Get well soon!

Deb

• faintheart
    16 years ago

((((Meghan)))) Thank you SO much for the wonderful surprises! I absolutely love everything!!! The mailman drove on the yard while DH, DD and I were working on a new garden area and said "Did I miss something? Is it Christmas again? I have two boxes for you." Perfect time for a break as my helpers were losing interest in my project. ;)

The first box opened contained a wonderful herb garden kit! DD immediately planted each of the pots with the chive, cilantro, curly parsley, basil and thyme seeds. It will be so neat!

The next box contained so many things I am sure to forget something! The "Plays in the Dirt" t-shirt is so me!!! I love it!!! The tea towel is so pretty and the embroidered saying on it are certainly words to live by. "Don't hurry, Don't worry and be sure to smell the flowers along the way!" The sunflower hanger has already found a spot in the bathroom in the middle of the curtain valance and smells so good! The raspberry/grapefruit bath bomb and apple spice tea were used at the end of my gardening day yesterday. Ahhhhhhh! So refreshing. :))) The "Bless this garden" stake is sure to find a perfect spot today and the new gloves will certainly be used! Chic a Poo plant food will certainly be put to good use! The name made me laugh. DH works for a grain elevator that owns an egg-laying facility and he said "we aren't that kind in what we call it and this can't be that...there's no odor". The kitty figurine is so cute! I will have to take a pic today of the garden helpers we have here to show you. We have some wee ones that are just beginning to explore. =^.^=

Now on to the plants...OMG!!! I am so thrilled! I have never seen the red gloriosa lily so had to do some research. It is planted in a new planter/trellis combo that I had gotten ready in the morning for something else but this is its new home and it will be the bomb!!! The liliums 'Cancun', 'Vermeer' & 'Show Winner' are all planted and going to be beautiful! Daylilies 'Awesome Candy' and 'Venetian Baroque' are...well...just awesome!!! The succulent is cute as can be and love the coloring! 'H F Young' clematis is such a pretty color and going to be great! I am trying not to be redundant here but my goodness!!!...I am just SO EXCITED.

Meghan, THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! I hope each day has you feeling so much better. My prayers are with you. (((Gentle hugs)))

Dee

• Melinda Hagen
    16 years ago

Good Morning all! First I apologize for not posting when I got my box the contents as I have been feeling under the weather some with a cold! And secondly I have Shirley's dc #.
    So Shirley your box has been mailed and the dc# is:

1. You should have by Monday or Tuesday at the latest! Hope you enjoy!!
      And I definitely enjoyed my boxes!! They were wonderful!!
      I rec'd:
      herb grow kit with pots, seeds, and dirt! Great!
      2 daylilies-awesome candy and venetian baroque!! Wonderful!!
      chocolate cosmos-HURRAY!!
      red gloriosa lily
      HF Young clemais !
      I am thrilled with them all!! Thanks Deni so very much!!
      And goodies galore!!-
      raspberry grapefruit bath bomb
      moisture gloves-very cool!
      garden gloves
      wonderful embroidered kitchen towel
      lavender scented aroma eye pillow
      turquoise seas body mist and lotion-smells wonderful!!
      plant stake with 2 little birds on top and it says"
      PLant a Little Sunshine"--very cute and love it!
      chick a poo plant food
      sunflower sachet
      orange spice tea-fabulous!
      I may have forgotten something-so many nice things can't remember them all!!
      I loved it and thanks so very much!!! Melinda
  • nyvoices99
    16 years ago

Deb,
    Your D/C #0103 8555 7490 7919 9145 going out in the morning..:)Anita

• sassyd
    16 years ago

Thank you Deni! Love the sunflower candle holder, and those garden insense cones are to die for! Girl, they smell soooooooooooo good! Thanks so much!

Sorry about just posting, they got here after I left on Friday. Check the graphics boards soon, I'll have some 'different' pics posted! lol

• TakingRoot
    16 years ago

bump.....Is everyone playin' in the dirt??????

• Melinda Hagen
    16 years ago

I sent my box to brittneysgran and it shows it was rec'd on the 23rd. I hope there is nothing wrong with it as I haven't seen a post or heard anything about it on here or personal email. I sent a post showing it was on it's way ahead of time. I haven't seen a post from her in a while. Does anyone know if she is ok or has rec'd the box. I sent what I thought were nice things from her wish list! I hope she is ok.

• Debra Andruska
    16 years ago

Anita,
    Thank you so much for such a nice package! It arrived yesterday, and I didn't have a chance to post. I'm feverishly working on a semi-circle/round flower garden in the back yard. This hopefully, should be the last project for the year! Things don't grow well (newly planted) once the heat hits!
    I should stop rambling and tell everyone what you sent, LOL!
    Do Not Disturb sign, LOL! Perfect for my long baths after gardening!

White Angel Glad bulbs, Peruvian Daffodil bulb, Pink Dream Glads, Black Knight Canna, Mexican Shell flowers, Oxalis bulbs, Sparaxis bulbs, Brodiae "Queen Fabiola", Red Glad bulbs, Liatris Spicata/pink bulbs, Begonia "Lace pink" bulbs, Niobe Clematis plant, Toad Lily, Dahlia "Mystery Day", Wildflower seed mix, 3-little ceramic ducks, and my most favorite item a Marjolein Bastin wind chime!

Anita, Thank you so much for everything! All of this is going in my new flower area!

Deb

• earthlydelights
    16 years ago

melinda, i believe shirley (britsgran) is away on a family vacation.

sounds like everyone is having a good month!

maryanne

• Melinda Hagen
    16 years ago

Oh, my goodness! I certainly wish she had told me not to mail and waited until she got back!! I hope my things are not sitting there rotting!!! It had some very nice plants in it! Melinda

• brittneysgran
    16 years ago

Melinda-Shame on me for not letting you know before I left. I received that awesome box and grabbed pots and dirt and got them potted up before I left. DH was yelling we had to get to the campground before dark or we couldn't get set up so we left in a cloud of dust (no rain here in weeks). I will post what all I got tomorrow I did the happy dance when I opened my wonderful box of goodies and am still smiling. They looked great when we got home today because I soaked them before we left. I will go to the corner now for worrying you.

Shirley

• Melinda Hagen
    16 years ago

Well, I am so glad you got them before you left! I was worried about how they would make the trip anyway on some of them! So glad they made it and plmk if any of them aren't doing well. Glad you enjoyed! Melinda

• busylizzy
    16 years ago

VACATION? What's that? lol