Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
veeja11

NEW: All My Blooming Friends, name that plant

veeja11
17 years ago

Okay my friends name these Iris and get 2 fans for postage,

This is the start of a season long name that plant for members of All my blooming friends, please include a link to a site verifying the name, good luck,here are first two

they are bearded iris#1and #2{{gwi:1267568}}#2{{gwi:1267570}}I need names, so this will benefit both of us. This will run along with the monthly swaps, no hostess gifts for me tho until july

Comments (40)

• grannymarsh
    17 years ago

Carol, Now you KNOW THAT THERE ARE THOUSANDS OF NAMED IRIS out there. How about some facts to whittle down the field.!!!
    How tall?? the golden one on the right--does it have a beard. what color is it??
    Is the foliage pbf??
    early. mid or late season??
    Are they scented?
    I can't see the knobby rhizomes, but I am presuming they are bearded???

• veeja11
    Original Author
    17 years ago

you must be a member of all my blooming friends, to win.
    The purple and white one is short this year, about two feet tall smells like an iris, has lavender beards, the gold and yellow is 2 1/2 feet tall no smell, gold beards. does this help granny?I will be doing a few iris but mostly daylillies.postage will be the cost of a 1 lb pkg, I think it is 3.85{{gwi:1267594}}

• grannymarsh
    17 years ago

More info....How long have you had these iris.?

• beth_b_kodiak
    17 years ago

Granny, are you looking for clues or a dog/wolf bite?

• grannymarsh
    17 years ago

I ain't scared!!! Most dogs like me (the sensible ones)could be the biscuits we carry in our pockets. ;-0
    Carol is looking to ID her beauties. I just wanna help. Sometimes the difference is the size.
    I really really like the golden one.
    Oh yeah, & I'm bored to tears..........My gardening is limited by Dr. Boneset. grrrr

• veeja11
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Granny who is dr boneset?These are old iris, I have had them about 10 yrs and they were not new releases when I got them.beth, I am still waiting for that picture I may have to bite you.
    hugs

• remy_gw
    17 years ago

I have one just like number one, but I don't know the name. I bought 'Dover Beach' and got it instead. Obviously I don't have a clue,lol.
    Remy

• grannymarsh
    17 years ago

Dr. Boneset is a name I made up instead of the orthopedic Dr.'s real name. My left forearm is in a cast. UNTIL JUNE 20.

• grannymarsh
    17 years ago

Couldn't link it directly, sorry.

Here is a link that might be useful: Barrister

• grannymarsh
    17 years ago

This is looking good also.

Here is a link that might be useful: Bountiful Harvest

• earthlydelights
    17 years ago

good morning everyone :)

carol, i'm glad you are trying to ID the yellow one. You sent it to me last year in one of the many swaps we've been in together. mine are in full bloom and gorgeous. i was going to post my pic and try to get an identification. not that it would matter if it was never named, because iris are my all-time favorites.

• veeja11
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Granny are you guessing barrister and bountiful harvest?
    I am not sure but dosen't have yellow beards so don't think so anyone can post a plant to be named as soon as these two are named, you must give a fan or start of plant to the person with the correct answer, you must be a bloomin friends member tho. just check with me so only one person at a time posts, I have about 50 more but will wait my turn, got one today that smells like grapes, I think it is an heirloom. hugs to all

• grannymarsh
    17 years ago

Carol--I'm just guessing.

Caprice is one that smells like grapes

• skohler
    17 years ago

Anyone have any clue as to what this Iris might be called ??

Time to go to work soon have a great night all .

love to know
    susie

• veeja11
    Original Author
    17 years ago

sorry Granny mine is light blue, caprise is purple, I can't post that one untill others get a chance. I die get a name on the yellow one but the person was not a group member so keep guessing. things are really starting to bloom here.
    hugs carol

• earthlydelights
    17 years ago

Happy Belated Birthday Marsha (grannymarsh)

Hope it was a great one!

Carol, let me in on the name of the yellow please, so i can make my plant tag.

sue, i'm naming yours pretty purple iris :)

• grannymarsh
    17 years ago

Thanks for the Birthday wishes

Susie: check out this link for the ID. Yours looks very similar to "Cherry Garden'

Here is a link that might be useful: Cherry Garden??

• veeja11
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Carol is not happy, all of the iris i traded for last year seem to be blooming purple, I traded for anything but purple,
    I don't like purple, please get me a name for the purple and white one. if anyone else wants to put up a plant please let me know or I will try more, I have a white,peach and boy do I have purple, one labled pink, one red, one dover beach.

• earthlydelights
    17 years ago

hey carol, anytime you want to dump the purple iris, just let me know :)

• veeja11
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Earthly, good to know, when I have your name in a swap, I will put in lots of purple iris, I will try to get names here soon These need names #3 #4yellow beards small bloom smells like grapes, heirloom

• beth_b_kodiak
    17 years ago

Carol, I'm like Earthly, I'll accept any rejects you want to send my way anytime. I traded for some iris last year and they had buds when I was there at Easter. Course I couldn't stay to see what color they would be. Well, there is always "next year"

• veeja11
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I will divide in the fall and put you on my ugly purple list.
    I am still awaiting your pic.
    hugs carol

• veeja11
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Ok come on somebody name these iris, Granny I think you got Suzies, how about mine #5

• veeja11
    Original Author
    17 years ago

come on I need names!!!

• number_1_angel
    17 years ago

Carol--ahhhhhhhhhhh--how about angelic purple illusion---and ahhhhhhhh--alli's bully beige???????????? woohoo!!!! Great names--please let me know if I'm a winner!!!!!!!!!!!hahahahhahhahahhahaha--jk
    angel

• number_1_angel
    17 years ago

Carol--I too would take any or all of the dreaded purple iris--I will plant them here at the apartments and put up a 'Iris Garden donated by Carol' sign and all of my residents can enjoy them with me--Did you like my names??? Did I win?????haha! Hope I made you smile :)
    Jeanette

• veeja11
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Ok Jeanette, you won some ugly purple iris, I will send when I divide in fall.I am smiling but will smile bigger if someone gives me some real names. #6

• veeja11
    Original Author
    17 years ago

help carol needs names

• veeja11
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Ok, now anyone can guess no need to be a blooming friend, if you win a plant you have to pay postage, whoever you are.
    thankyou
    carol

• skohler
    17 years ago

vee white one is imortality Or wedding day
    I call mine imortality if it is pure white :))
    susie

• remy_gw
    17 years ago

Hi Carol,
    I think I found a match for our iris # 1.
    It was the only intermediate that I could find that looked like ours.
    Remy

Here is a link that might be useful: Arctic Fancy Iris

• veeja11
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Remy I think you are right, my white has blue veins, so I am not sure if you are right susie. remy do you want a fan of a different one since you have this one? plmk. if you want some please send postage to my addy and I will get them out to you. thankyou carol

• remy_gw
    17 years ago

No Carol, I don't need any more iris at the moment. I have a bunch in pots, and I'm getting more at the local exchange this weekend. I have no idea where I'm putting them all! I'm starting to get real confused and that is without meds, lol.
    I'll just take the knowledge that I figure out an iris name as my reward: )
    Remy

• veeja11
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Congrats remy and Sue, Remy got the purple and white sue got beverely sills the pink. just a few left anyone who gets one right can also have a fan of the one remy guesses if they want it, this includes you susie hugs to all my bloomin friends
    another one that needs a name, it is a light bright orange
    carol

• skohler
    17 years ago

Carol
    I can't tell for sure but is it like this one ??
    I'm looking for the name myself :))
    I would like the pink beverly sills :)))
    susie

{{gwi:1267599}}

• veeja11
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Susie mine is bright orange, is yours? they both look yellow in the pics. I will send bererly when she is done blooming. it is supposed to be pink but blooms peach in my yard. come on folks name that plant!!!

• veeja11
    Original Author
    17 years ago

ok here is another one this is peachhappy guessing

• veeja11
    Original Author
    17 years ago

just can't seem to get names, I was really hoping to tag them this year, please try to help me out
    thankyou carol

• hummingbirddaisy
    17 years ago

Carol, Could the peach one be 'Sandalwood', 'Minnie Pearl','Alluring', 'Cisty', or 'Graham Bell'?

Tina

• hummingbirddaisy
    17 years ago

Also, I'll take and Iris you don't want/need as well. I am an iris nut!

Tina