Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kellyinflorida

UPDATE: Getting to know you, Monthly Trade Group

kellyinflorida
17 years ago

Hi Everyone,

Please post your delivery confirmation numbers here and also please post as you get your packages.

Thanks,

Kelly

Comments (62)

• missspoiled25
    17 years ago

I got my box from Sue on Monday with so many goodies in it!
    Flavored coffee, peanut butter cookies (the soft kind, MY FAVE), a cute frog couple on a swing figurine, white four o'clock tubers & yellow cannas.... I hope you enjoy your goodie box as much as I enjoyed mine, this is a really fun swap!
    Thanks Kelly for hosting!

Millie

• missspoiled25
    17 years ago

P.S. I LOVE Lost, I'm definitely hooked!

• amybabyboy3
    17 years ago

Sheila, Your package is on the way. Hope you enjoy! Amy
    del# 03010120001033159108

• sguanzon
    17 years ago

I got my terrific package from Mille today (misspoiled25). It had the best gecko windchime - I love geckos - and it's pretty too! and wonderful aluminum plant markers - goodness knows with all my containers I really need them! And cuttings of madagascar jasmine and fragrant corkscrew vine - trying to root them right now with all fingers, toes and legs crossed (hope hope). And the bat faced cuphea seeds I've been hoping for (hooray!) and night blooming jasmine seeds as well. And to top it all off GUMMI BEARS and JELLY BEANS - Had to ward off the rest of the family with baseball bat.................

Thank you Millie you certainly went above and beyond. Plus it was my birthday yesterday and having your package come on my birthday was triple delightful!

• simplylisa
    17 years ago

Marisa, (Gardneingwitch)

Your package is on the way. I hope you like everything. Please post when you get it and let me know if everything was packaged ok. Confirmation number is 0304 1560 003 0359 5828.

Hugs,
    Lisa & Kayla

• mkruby7
    17 years ago

Ok, I think am behind now. I will be mailing on Monday.

mkruby7

• beth_b_kodiak
    17 years ago

Heather, (scoutiegirl) I'll be mailing your plants today. Sorry I'm so slow but there has been SOOooo Much to do here.
    Finally got a recliner into the house yesterday and collapsed into it last night about 8:00 PM. With luck I'll have a real BED by tonight. Ah ha, and Yippee. I'm still living with my camping gear but It's beginning to get tiresome.
    Kelly, I never did thank you for the seeds from your May swap. Several of them are awesome. The tropicals I'll be sharing with my Son-I-L who has a green house. They were here waiting when I returned and a nice welcome. Many thanks, it was a fun swap.
    BB

• badtoad
    17 years ago

I sent my package to Liz on Friday. It was by USPS so no tracking number.

• MimiB1
    17 years ago

The mail man left me a treat today! I got Jodi's package (threeshyacres) and was absolutely delighted. I got terrific seeds that I can't wait to germinate (especially the Clementis). I got a much needed magnetic note pad and pencil (pencil has a magnet too so I won't lose it!) A great vine that I am anxious to get into the ground and the MOST delightful small jeweled picture frame as well as other "stuff". I am very pleased. Jodi & I have traded before & as always, it was a success this time too! Kelly, thanks for hosting! Isn't this fun?

• lroyrose
    17 years ago

I recieved a lovely package from Melody. It had an iris tuber, wind chimes, nicotianna and sunflower seeds, a journal and my favorite peanut m&m's. I just love these exchanges, it's so much fun. Melody I have your box all packed up and will send in the morning. I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed yours! Thank you!

Liz

• kellyinflorida
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi Everyone,
    Sorry about my absence. I have been helping to care for my Grandma. She has had her surgery and now some complications. Pnuemonia and an irregular heart beat has kept her in the hospital.I am a little behind in all of my trade and swaps but will be caught up soon.

glendasgarden - You mentioned that you mailed your box on Tuesday, It's hasn't arrived so I thought I would tell you so you can post the delivery confirmation #.

Kelly

• diene
    17 years ago

Hello All especially Amy;
    I received a beautiful box tonight at about 8 pm. The UPS guy said he had delivered 145 packages today, he was beat. Today was the second sunny warm day in two weeks. He had a wonderful box for me from Amy. It had two beautiful garden angels, a hummingbird feeder and feed for the feeder, some lovely plants that will only survive here as indoor but I love succulents.
    Then there was the picture of two little angels and they are gorgeous!! What a delight!! The little girl is all smiles and cheer and the boy is not sure if this is where he wants to be, so like a man!! Never recognize a good thing.
    Finally there was a king size chocolate bar. Not sure if I should eat it or just paste in on my thighs. On second thought, of course I will eat it, if it winds up on my thighs then that is where God wanted it to be.
    Thank you so much Amy. Hope all is well with you. diene

• amybabyboy3
    17 years ago

Sheila, Just wondering if your package arrived? Thanks, Amy

• romando
    17 years ago

Hi! I sent my package out to moms_garden on Wednesday morning: confirmation # 0305 2200 0000 0625 4999

Amanda 'romando'

• hummingbirddaisy
    17 years ago

Hi all :-)

Just wanted to stick my head in and say hello!
    My box will be going out Monday morning to my pal.
    Kelly, you and your grandma are in my thoughts and prayers.

Tina

• amybabyboy3
    17 years ago

Sheila, Thank you so much for all my goodies. I love the bunny so much, he is so cute. Thank you also for the dark chocolate and coffee (my favorites). The apple candle is so cute and the little frog. I love all the seeds and cuttings. The votive holder is so cute too. Thank you for all the thought that went into your package. Take care, Amy

• moms_garden
    17 years ago

I recieved my package from Amanda 'romando'...it was so thoughtful for everything. I gotten seeds(gotta tell me how, to plant some of these,lol), breadcover, tea candles(shape of roses),candy,yarn, everything was great, thanks!!
    I should be getting yours off, next weekend, still working on it...hang in there..
    hugs, sheila

• badtoad
    17 years ago

I got a wonderful box from Liz on Thursday. The plants (Purple Liatus, Jockey Club Daylily, and Lavender) already have new homes in my garden. They came with the most adorable little pots painted to be plant markers. Also, I'm looking forward to planing the scabiosa and mixed flowers seeds. She also sent along some chocolate and butterscotch candy - yum!

Thanks Liz!

• scouttiegirl
    17 years ago

I received my plant box from Beth on Wednesday. I then came down with the flu and I am just now able to post. Beth sent me crazy daisy, malva marina, and rose campion "angels blush". I was very happy with them all as I had been wanting them.
    Beth your box is going out on Monday morning. Hope you enjoy everything as much as I enjoyed both boxes from you. Happy Gardening ~Heather

• hummingbirddaisy
    17 years ago

My box is ready to go out in the morning.
    Hope you enjoy!

Happy Fathers Day to all the daddys!

Tina

• beth_b_kodiak
    17 years ago

Many Thanks going out to Scoutie Girl, Heather and the kids. They sent some nice pictures for on my new refrigerator. Looks like they each drew me a picture of themself. You both look very nice thanks so much. The bright happy picture with the sun is up there too. Thank you both. I have not had anyone to do refrigerator art in years.
    Heather really did her homework on stuff I like and wanted when she packed this box. I got two hollyhocks from the "Barn Yard " mix. I love the colors in that collection. Can't wait to see what color these will be. My HH have not been doing very well so I am putting these in a new place. I have an old fence gate that I plan to use as a backdrop for the daylily garden. I'll put the new Hollyhocks by that. Heather sent me a lovely terra cotta sun plaque too and he will shine out from the center of the gate. It almost seems like she had been reading my mind. This is so perfect! I just love it
    Chocolate, and even better yet, "dark chocolate". What a treat. I did not know they made a mix like that with all the Hershey mini's in DARK Chocolate. Heather, I never saw those before but you can bet I'll be watching for them now. The best thing about dark chocolate, ( besides the taste) is that is is rich enough that one or two pieces is generally enough to satisfy my cravings. Oh, so Good!
    Thwere is a packet of permenant copper plant markers. I ALWAYS need good markers. These are attractive looking and it looks like they will work well. I look foreward to trying them out.
    A beautiful white day lily,"Sunday Gloves" was in the box. White/near white, one of my favorite colors. I'll mark this with one of the new markers and use it to remember Heather and the kids.
    When I'm done working in the garden, I can clean up with my new soap from HogwashandHeavenScent. This is so cute. I need to get some for my best friend who collects piggies. Those are such happy looking pigs there among the hollyhocks.
    Heather, the travel brochures are perfect too. Just yesterday I finished reading "The Cabin" by Carla Neggers. It is set in the Adirondacs. That area sounds fasinating. I've been to the Catskills but never the Adirondacs that I remember. (traveled a lot with Dad when I was too young to really remember the names) I think I might try to get up that way in the next couple of years. I keep a file of things to see in Different areas and I'll add them to my NY file.
    Thank you all again. This has been so much fum. Give the little ones each a hug for me.
    Kelly, thanks for setting this up.
    When do we do another round?

• diene
    17 years ago

Hello All;
    I had forgotten that this was to be a monthly event. It seems there are some of the original cast missing. I was expecting a much larger thread. Anyway, I know that Kelly was having some personal problems like her sick Grandmother so let us know if you need help Kelly. I, for one, would like to continue this monthly. Hope all is well with everyone. The sun is trying to come out here and I have lilies, delphiniums, clematis and roses in bloom now for flowers and my spirea is really taking off this year. The weigelias have just about gone by but I have had them flower again by fertilizing them and I am going to do that soon. I have a new garden shed that I will be moving into tomorrow once the painted floor dries. I am very excited. Happy Summer. diene

• sguanzon
    17 years ago

I really hope this continues. I really enjoyed the first round and it's nice to get to know new people.

• hummingbirddaisy
    17 years ago

I've not heard from my pal, at all. I'm sorry, but I think I am going to have to opt out of this robin. I've had some serious family manners arise, and I just have too muxh stress going on at the moment. And honestly, I can't afford to send out packages for pretty much no reason. This is RR #3 that I have not heard anything, one of them being my own RR. I'm a bit sad :-(. Hope all the rest of your partners come thru for ya'll and this robin takes off you you all have a wonderful time.

HUgs, TIna

• beth_b_kodiak
    17 years ago

Hi Tina, sorry to hear both that you have not recieved a package and that there are problems in your family. Who was your partner? Is it another of the people who has been sick or had sick families this month. Seems there were a lot of them.
    I think summers are hard for Robbins because, being gardeners, summer is when we are busyiest(SP?) The two years I did the secret pal robbins we lost people in the summer and had to do a lot of reshuffling.
    Seems Kelly is having some family issues too and perhaps this swap will end up being just a one time thing too. Please keep in touch Tina and the rest of the group.
    Are there others who did not receive for June????

• MimiB1
    17 years ago

It looks like Tina's partner was Fivemeows.
    Tina, I am so sorry for your bad experiences. Ninety-nine percent of the time Robins are so much fun. (I know that is probably hard to believe after 3 bad experiences!) I am so sorry for your family stress. I (& I am sure everyone else at GW) will keep very positive thoughts for you and hope that all is well in your world very soon. Last year when I lost my dad and then had to deal with Katrina my GW friends were absolutely the greatest. Please stay in touch.

• badtoad
    17 years ago

I hope it continues. I haven't done an exchange before and it was fun. Sorry about those whose partner's did not keep up their end of the deal. That is unfortunate.

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

I hope the swap continues too!

Kelly,
    If you need any help for getting July going, email me. I would be more than happy to help for a few months to keep the swap running smoothly.

Deb

• romando
    17 years ago

I sent my partner her package but have not received mine yet.

Amanda 'romando'

• diene
    17 years ago

Hello All;
    It seems that people not fulfilling their end of a trade happens very often when it did not used to. Not sure why, but it does make everyone feel bad. I have extra stuff that I would love to send to Tina & Amanda so they do not feel left out. If you would e-mail your addresses I will get something out to you. It is true that I am much busier with my gardens this time of year but I also have lots more to trade as things are growing.
    Let me know if I can do this, I would enjoy it. Thanks. diene

• hummingbirddaisy
    17 years ago

Hi Diene ~

That is very generous of you. I appreciate it very much. I would just feel wierd having you send to me. It is not your responsibilty. I'm fine :-) Thank you for being so kind and giving.

Hugs to you,
    Tina

• simplylisa
    17 years ago

I sent mine to Gardeningwitch on June 8th. DC says it was delivered but I haven't heard yet if everything arrived ok. Haven't received here yet either, still hoping though. :-)
    June isn't quite over yet. LOL

Hugs,
    Lisa & Kayla

• diene
    17 years ago

Hello All;
    I am really not understanding all these failures. If you sign up for something like this it is because you want to do it so ... It does not make any sense to me to sign up and not follow through. Can anyone explain it to me? My second comment is if you find you cannot fulfill your commitment, at least send a note of apology to your partner. Common courtesy. Please people, do the right thing. diene

• romando
    17 years ago

Hi Diene; I'm with Tina-- there's no reason for you to have to fill in! Yes, it's disappointing, but on the other hand, I don't know if maybe my partner had some sort of emergency, or whatever... (trying to think positive LOL) Anyway, I've participated in lots of swaps (LOTS) and this is the first robin I've had a problem with; things happen- I'll live! (wink)
    Thank you for the offer, though. Happy gardening everybody!
    Amanda 'romando'

• serenity_lane_ga
    17 years ago

Hello everyone!
    I just wanted SimplyLisa I sent her package out on friday!
    I hope it gets there soon! Maybe Monday?
    Sorry it's SO late!!
    Thanks, Amy

• beth_b_kodiak
    17 years ago

Hi again everyone, I understand that Plant lady Jan has had both health and computer problems so that is some explaination. The Gal I'm worried about is Shannon, GArden Witch. She has been such a great player and has just "disapeared". If anyone hears anything about her, please post and let us know. It just seems so unlike her to not be posting or sending.
    Five meows, I don't know at all, has anyone ever traded with her? Has anyone written and contacted her?
    Amy, thanks a bunch for posting that you have mailed to Lisa.
    I think that Jan will eventually catch up and I'm willing to cover for Shannon and/or Five meows. I see there were other offers to send as back up too so we can easily cover this month. This is a good bunch of gals that Kelly got together. Hope to get to know more of you better.
    Is there anyone else left out?
    BB

• beth_b_kodiak
    17 years ago

Oh, mental slip here (senior moment,maybe)
    The "Gardeningwitch"in this swap IS NOTthe Garden_witch, Shannon that I was thinking she was. I admit I made this error before on a seed swap. Totally goofed there.
    Well, neither of these witches have been seen on the RR forum in a while.????

• fivemeows
    17 years ago

I did not hear from my swap partner. Then I read the thread that she was opting out so Of Course I did not send a package. I really wanted to be part of this.

• hummingbirddaisy
    17 years ago

fivemeows ~ You have not acknowledged that you received my package. You don't respond to e-mails. I posted way back when, when I sent it out. You waited until JULY 3rd to respond. To me, it seems a bit strange. You had originally signed up for my RR, and I tried several times to e-mail you, and never got a repsonse. It just appears that there is a pattern here. Am I wrong?
    If you sign up for these RR, you are making a promise to someone. You don't have to live on here, but you do need to be apart of the group. We do this to get to know each other. Friendship is the whole point of these.
    Since this group has been so great, I have decided NOT to OPT out. I think July will be a better month.
    I most certainly agree with Diene as well. IF you can't commit, don't sign up. If something happens, post or e-mail.
    Things happen, and we all know it. Just let someone know.

Just my 2 cents
    Tina

• beth_b_kodiak
    17 years ago

Fivemeows, thanks for posting so quickly after my note. Did you get the package that Tina sent? If so, then you should have posted a thanks and of course sent a return package to her. Actually in this type of swap it is usual to send both packages at about the same time and not wait to recieve your package first. As this is your first group swap maybe you did not understand that.
    Sorry Kelly has not been around to help keep these things smooth but maybe now we can get the knots ironed out and have a nice happy group for Kelly to come back to.
    Again, I hope this helps, BB

• romando
    17 years ago

Has anybody heard from moms_garden? That's who my partner is...She acknowledged that she got my package, but that's the last I've heard.

Amanda 'romando'

• faithinfrogs
    17 years ago

How do I go about getting signed up this sounds like a great way to meet other gardeners?

Always playing with nature,
    faithinfrogs

• hummingbirddaisy
    17 years ago

Where is everyone? Did your garden gates get locked, LoL.
    I wanted to apologize for sounding so harsh in my earlier post. I usually just let things like this go, but for some reason, this time, I just didn't. I know things happen. This month has been an extremely stressful one, and I let it get to me and didn't handle this situation right.

Do we know if this swap will continue for July, or will it be on hold, or canceled? I know Kelly is having a pretty rough time of it right now. Maybe we could all pull together and keep this going so she has it to come back to when things calm down. We could all post if we would like to swap this month, and then we could pick our own partners. Maybe we should post a simple wish list. That way, it would make it easier to choose as we might have some of the plants in our gardens that another is looking for. Am I making any sense here? LoL.
    Well anyway, post your thoughts on this.
    Have a wonderful night,
    Tina

• diene
    17 years ago

Hello Tina;
    I would love to keep this going, I'm in. I think that someone would have to take the reins to pair everyone up as we do seem to need direction. I will volunteer to handle the month of July if someone will pick August. I have Kelly's info so we can just put her in and cover her person so she gets something for coming up with the idea( I will handle Kelly's partner this month as well as mine this month). If that works for everyone, just post that you want to be included by Sunday and I will pair people up. Anyone who was not in the first month can join now. Rules are simple although I do not remember them. Can someone add that to this thread? Thanks. diene

• scouttiegirl
    17 years ago

I would love to be in on July. I had a wonderful swap partner for June. I really hope this swap does get better. I feel badly that some did not live up to their end. Maybe we should start a new thread for July sign ups. That way it will be easier to keep track. I think the guidelines were on the original thread posted by Kelly. I thought this swap was one of the best ideas and it should keep going. I really enjoy getting to know everyone. We would just have to get organized quickly as we are already past the 4th of July Holiday. Even if we had a small bunch for July and had more for August.~Heather

• hummingbirddaisy
    17 years ago

Diene ~ That sounds great. I will take August. Go ahead and post a new thread for July and lets get this ball a rolling!! I think Kelly will be very pleased :-)

Tina

• diene
    17 years ago

Hello All;
    I have posted July for all to respond to. Let's keep this going. Thanks. diene

• mkruby7
    17 years ago

Hi, everyone !!!!

I just got back from a 12 day trip to Northern CA., Oregon and Washington.

I wanted to let everyone to know that my sweet husband sent my box out last week. But I have NOT gotten my.

I've had problems with everyone getting there boxes on my RR, too. But not just for the month of June. I'm weeding them out.

DID YOU KNOW THERE IS A TOWN CALLED 'Weed' IN OREGON ?

Please let me know who I will be sending to for July.

mkruby7

• sheilaschnauzies
    17 years ago

To Amybabyboy - I am so glad you received and enjoyed your package!! I am a doofus, I posted my thank you to you for your box on the original thread for this exchange - I hope you saw it there, if not go look:) Thank you again for being so very thoughtful, I enjoyed trading with you!! Hugs, SheilaSchnauzies

• beth_b_kodiak
    13 years ago

WOW! This is really a Blast from the Past.
    I skimmed through this and marveled at all the changes in my life since then. So odd that this popped back up to the top now.
    Lots and lots of names in this swap that I never see anymore.
    Hugs to all friends new and old.
    BB