Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
budsnblooms

UPDATE: Traveling Daylilies (Photo 14)

budsnblooms
14 years ago

Red Eyed Fantasy

This photo site is part two of the Traveling Daylilies Round Robin thread. These pictures are the plants, gardens, families and other passions of the TD's. We hope you enjoy the show.

Comments (67)

• pchanggeo
    14 years ago

Wow... those peony photos are amazing and is all the garden photos.

Here's Free Wheelin' blooming for me today.
    {{gwi:1268144}}

I also have several epiphyllums blooming.
    Vendeta
    {{gwi:1268145}}
    Unknown
    {{gwi:1268146}}

Another unknown (notice my frog that Debbie sent me)
    {{gwi:1268148}}

Amaryllis Pasadena and pomegranate in the background
    {{gwi:1268149}}

Thanks,
    Paul

• mareas
    14 years ago

Oooh, Paul, such lush fuschia & pink colors!! That frog looked like the real thing at first, LOL
    I loved seeing your pomegranate, too, looks like the plant is as gorgeous as the fruit is delicious.

Here's a clickable thumbnail photo of my earliest daylily, Fox Grape, blooming yesterday ~

And look what was overhead when I went outside this morning! You can see the flame keeping it aloft:

Have a wonderful Memorial weekend everyone, Marea

• jaceysgranny
    14 years ago

Here's another lily pic, I don't think I've posted it yet.

Shirley, I'm happy your sales went great too! Now you can do some more yard sales you'll have the greenbacks. lol
    If I decide to divide that peony it will only be one division and it will go to you. Promise!

Marea, that's just one of my doglets and hopefully I'll get another pic that isn't blurry. I want both of them together. Jeremiah is a Western Ribbon Snake and I'm hoping to goodness he's a he. They give live birth to 10-12 babies in April-May. Right now it's staying right in the front yard by a flower bed next to the steps. Makes you wonder doesn't it? lol
    I lost my favorite rose bush this year in the ice storm. I've had it for 19 years. I wanted to cry. I'm no good at roses and that one didn't need anything but food and a little water ocassionally and I don't even know what kind it was.
    More later, gotta go do something for hubby.

• jaceysgranny
    14 years ago

I forgot to say, "Paul, you make us all cheevy (jealous) I think we'll have to move to California or Florida. Your plants are so vivid and bright. I love them all.

• budsnblooms
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Honorabile. A historic iris that I received a couple of years ago in a trade. It is an arilbred (AB)

Blanket of Snow

Green Prophecy

More to come in the next post.

Debbie

• mareas
    14 years ago

Those are so beautiful, Debbie!
    Here are some of mine blooming yesterday ~

Fine Wine

Lovely Senorita

Before The Storm

Sultan's Pride

I feel like I'm in heaven with these to look at & the birds singing & the creek making music over the stones... ~m'

• toomanyanimals
    14 years ago

Loving all the photos!!!
    Here's a few of my own.

Ahi in the Green House.

{{gwi:10494}}

Birds that Debbie sent me ... finally. Originally I had them on top of the Trellis, but I moved them to the side and I like it alot better.

Now for some Iris:
    Stop the Music, thanks Marea.

Red Zinger, thanks Shirley.

An Unknown from a friend, and False Lamium Herman's Pride

My newest semp/sedum pot. Someone from this group sent me the Angel.

Shirley, here is the unknown that I think you sent me.
    {{gwi:1268172}}

2nd picture of unknown Iris

{{gwi:1268173}}

{{gwi:10494}}

sharon

• Melinda Hagen
    14 years ago

I love everyone's pics! Your flowers are all so pretty!
    Will finally post some pics of family.
    Here are my grandsons!
    Tanner, Austin, and Stoney Matthew after fishing with one of the fish they got! Well, Austin did.

• Melinda Hagen
    14 years ago

This is a pic of my granddaughter Kaitlin. Enjoying the Christmas spirit.

• Melinda Hagen
    14 years ago

Here is one of me with my daughter Jessica and son Jeff.

• Melinda Hagen
    14 years ago

Here is a pic of my dgt. in law-Alana-in the pink and my dgt.

• Melinda Hagen
    14 years ago

H

ere is another clematis-Any names anyone?

• jaceysgranny
    14 years ago

TMA, your flowers are gorgeous and I especially love the red zinger and your new sedum/semp pot.
    Melinda, all of your kids and gkids are so cute and (even you-just teasing). I have no idea about your clematis, hope you get it's name.
    As usual, all the rest of the blooms,both family and floral are very beautiful.
    Here are a couple of pics from my gardens:
    I think this one came from Jo and I deleted the best pic.

My white tradescantia. It's pretty big but the wind and rains have made it spread out on the ground so the entire plant isn't so good looking.

Orange small Asiatic lilies

Yellow with tiny bit of orange lilies

Top setting chives lol

• toomanyanimals
    14 years ago

Ilovefarc - I could guess at the double white clematis ... Clematis 'Duchess of Edinburgh'.

Great pictures of family and flowers everyone. Isn't it just great that our gardens are finally starting to bloom. I just love it when my May Night Salvia blooms ... one of my favorites.
    sharon

• mareas
    14 years ago

Melinda, you & your whole family are gorgeous!! I don't see any fat arms! *grin*

Nancy, I just love seeing your garden after all these years! Your daylily really looks like Fox Grape...

Here's my views from this morning ~ Can anyone tell me what the white flowering shrub could be? Not much fragrance to the 4 petaled white flowers...

{{gwi:1268186}}
    Small brown/pink/copper unknown

{{gwi:1268187}}
    Awesome Blossom's first flower - looks this bad at first every year

{{gwi:255852}}
    12 foot tall shrubs

Joy And Laughter ffo

• jaceysgranny
    14 years ago

Thank you Marea. Your shrub looks like a Philadelphus "Mock Orange of some type. Does it have a smell? I have one with single flowers but mine doesn't smell. This year it isn't going to bloom I don't think and I have another one that is about 3 ft. tall from seed. They're pretty in arrangements.
    Here are a few new pics today:

Another NOID lily

My "New" arbor that I bought 2 summers ago and we just got around to putting together today. It's another one that I bought at Big Lots for about $40 I think. I really like it now to find what to plant and where to put it.

My other Doglet-Andy (Please ignore the trash). lol

Enjoy!

• Melinda Hagen
    14 years ago

Hello all!
    Nancy-I love your trellis! Absolutely gorgeous along with your flowers! I love the white trandescantia!
    Marea-I too think your white bush looks like mock orange. I have a double one, but it doesn't have any smell either.
    Sharon-I will take a pic of the classic salmon lily you sent me. It is already blooming!
    Debbie-hope all is well with you! Wish I knew the names of the other peonies but I don't!
    Hope everyone is well. Hugs to all, Melinda

• Melinda Hagen
    14 years ago

Here is what I did on Friday afternoon. Took the boys to the

Buffalo River and had picnic. They swam and fished and I just relaxed. Was nice. The place we go is just beautiful. The rocks you can see through the water it is so clear. That's Tanner and Stoney Matthew! They love to swim!

• Melinda Hagen
    14 years ago

Here is what Austin does the most of. He found a rock and fished off of it. Caught mostly a few perch and some small mouth bass. But he had fun!

• Melinda Hagen
    14 years ago

And then of course we always have roasted marshmallows!!

It was a very relaxing afternoon and I loved it, as they do also!! Melinda

• mareas
    14 years ago

Melinda & boys in paradise... What a fun & handsome gang of boys & at such fun ages!!

Nancy, I can see that beautiful arbor now surrounded by lilies & with 2 white waggle tails posing on the seat...
    Here's my first lily of the year, my new gift Matrix ~ just LOVE it!

~m'

• jaceysgranny
    14 years ago

LOL Marea, waggle tails!
    Your lily is beautiful, such a deep color. I haven't been outside yet today. I'm scared to. I'm ate up with mosquitoes and hundreds of chiggers! I got them from that pile of black gold that's been sitting out there rotting for 2 years. It sure does make a wonderful mulch and will help make the soil more workable.
    Melinda, you'r grandsons are making me want to go swimming and camping now. I love the water and haven't roasted marshmallows in years. What fun!

• toomanyanimals
    14 years ago

Melinda, loved the pictures of the boys enjoying nature. Beautiful scenery. I potted up my Salmon Classic Lilies this spring and they have bloomed, but they did not open all the way, I'm glad yours have done better than mine. I love the color though.

Nancy, a beautiful Arbor!

Marea, that Matrix Lily is stunning! What kind of a lily is it? Does it have a fragrance?

tma

• mareas
    14 years ago

tma, Matrix is a Dwarf Asiatic lily (16") & it's ravishing, brilliant red with orange center stars, my camera doesn't capture the colors as well as my eye, & is slightly fragrant.

Dang, Nancy, sorry about those chiggers! I itch just typing the word! Yes, waggle tails *grin* They look like such sweet doglets...
    I lost the email you sent me AND your new email address! I'm just a bumbling idiot with email this year for some reason. Please resend??
    Marea

• jaceysgranny
    14 years ago

Sharon, I'm glad you like the arbor. That's the one I was talking about when I posted the pic of the trellis with the circulating water spinner on top. Now it's covered with the jasmine and smelling wonderful. The jasmine is climbing a tree and the wild muscadine vine is running down the jasmine with little muscadines on it.

Marea, was it the e-mail with the bees in the grill?

Nancy

• budsnblooms
    Original Author
    14 years ago

OOOH! What beautiful picture's of people, plants, animals, and scenery. We can be grateful for all the beauty in our lives.

Here's some of my recent photo's of what has been blooming in my garden:

Blanket of Snow

Green Prophecy

Cloud Ballet

Trade Secret

Godsend

Lotus Land

Rock Star

Next in Line

Paris Fashion

French Rose

Aren't these beautiful? I was never overly fond of iris until 2 years ago, when Shirley reminded me of their beauty by sending me a few. Thanks dear friend...I needed another compulsion (lol).

Debbie

• mareas
    14 years ago

Beautiful indeed, Debbie! Love all those lush pastels ~ suddenly they are more eye catching to me than the dark ones, but then, again, that Rock Star and Trade Secret are sheer eye candy... Oh yes, I understand about the iris compulsion!

Ellen, here is the first one to bloom from all those great daylilies you sent me last year, Ferris Wheel, which I believe turned me into a Spider fan this morning ~

{{gwi:1268208}}

Happy blooms to you all, ~m'

• dirtpig
    14 years ago

WOW what lovely blooms!!Loveing those iris :)
    Wish I had better luck with them..I keep trying thou.

Marea that spider is very nice.Nice colors:)

I want to go swimming too Melinda :)Looks like SO much FUN.
    Roasting marshmallows too..wweeeeee!
    Its been alittle to cool here for swimming.They're calling for frost tonight :(

A few garden pretties,

Hosta Color Glory and daff.Love this hosta this time of year.Its when it looks its best.

Fern leaf peony :)

This iris came with the house..hehe..so no idea on name.
    Very strong grower..like just about anywhere.

Short unknown purple..why is it almost all the unknowns are purple..hehe

Happy weekend all..Hugs Jean/Dirtpig

• toomanyanimals
    14 years ago

Jean, a friend at work just brought in the same yellow/brown Iris. She said it was at her place when she moved in. Must be an oldy but goodie!

I love your 'Hosta, daffodil, Bleeding Heart' picture. Such a beautiful combination! 3 shades of green, different textures of leaves and one flower to focus on. Please don't tell me you still have daffs blooming?
    I too love the look of the hostas when they are unfurling from the ground.

Debbie, Rock Star and Next in Line are wonderful. I love red daylilies and I guess that has crossed over into the red Iris. lol I need to plant my red iris closer to my white one, I think it would make them stand out better.

My son graduated from High School Friday. It was a perfect day and the ceremony was held in the HS football Stadium. Here is a picture of the family.

{{gwi:1268213}}

• mareas
    14 years ago

What a beautiful family, Sharon! So fun to see you all posed & smiling!
    I will get someone to take a photo of me & Herb soon..
    From looking at your photos, I think what you need is another red Iris.
    How about a Sultan's Pride?

Here are my 2 favorite daylilies today:

Awesome Blossom looking beautiful on the 2nd try

{{gwi:1268215}}
    and Seeing Blue's first flower open ~ WOW!

• toomanyanimals
    14 years ago

Wow is right Marea! Just look at that Seeing Blue!

Have to wait for a trade/swap between us Marea before I get that Iris ... keep it in mind.

I would love to see a picture of you and Herb again. Did I ever mention, one of my favorite Uncles was named Herb. :o)

After seeing myself in the Graduation pictures, I asked my husband to be my personal trainer ... ok, he says ... last night he took me out for Ice Cream! lol

• veeja11
    14 years ago

Great looking family Sharon, here are some of my iris, if anyone knows a name it will be appreciated.

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff132/veeja11/spring09034.jpg
    part of my front yard
    My favorite flower, gg daughter Devira
    sorry they are so big

• budsnblooms
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Carol your 4th iris picture down from the top looks like my Rock Star...Roll back up to where I have my Iris pictures and you can compare and see if your's isn't Rock Star. I agree that your little Devira is the prettiest of the pictures. Your yard is beautiful.

Sharon your family is gorgeous. Thank you for letting me see the picture of the bird figure I gave you...The arbor is the perfect spot. I can't wait til you post pictures of vines and flowers growin around it.

Marea your iris are just lovely. What's this about sending me a bunch of plants? What plants would you like for me to send you?

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your prayers and best wishes for my daughter. She has begun the fertility treatments. The pre-drugs for this procedure is $2,000. She will be on these for a short time then in about a week she will receive an injection and 2 weeks following that she will have AI (artificial insemination. She has no idea how much that procedure will cost, but she has to do it if she wants to have children (no guarantee that AI will work for her either) but she has to begin treatment for her MS as soon as possible.

For those that have told me of friends and family members that have had perfectly normal lives with MS, thank you I really need to hear that.

Jean your third picture down (Unknown iris) looks like Honorabile. If so, it is a Historic iris. It is an Arilbred...I'm not sure I know what that is but maybe I will get a chance to check for it when I get back. In the meantime compare your Iris to photos shown on other sites (like Dg's ) and see what you think.

Time to go...I'm having problems with my legs..restless leg and high doses of statins I would guess. Night all.
    Debbie

• jaceysgranny
    14 years ago

Carol, your irises are gorgeous! Devira is a little angel. She looks so cute in her little dog ears.
    Debbie, I'll be sending up prayers for the AI to work the first time.
    All of those beautiful irises are taking my breath.
    Marea, Spinning Wheel is awesome!
    Here are a few of my blooms this week. The wind has been blowing all week and it's hard to keep the blooms still enough to take a plain pic.

Has anyone ever heard of or ordered from Homestead Farms? Here's a link in case anyone is interested.
    Goodnite,
    Nancy

Here is a link that might be useful: Homestead Farms

• dirtpig
    14 years ago

Wow!! Look at all those beautifull iris!

Carol,Devira sure is a cutie :)Love the cream/yellow iris.
    Sorry have no idea of the name thou.I do agree with Debbie on the 4th one.Looks like Rock Star to me:)

Sharon,yes I do still have daffs blooming.Zone 4 hehe
    I keep telling hubby I want to move,but he's not buying it.
    Grats on your sons graduation.

Debbie,I brought an honorablie to see if it is or not.The falls look alittle differnt in color in the pictures.So now I just have to wait and see.

Sorry Nancy,nope never order or heard of.Last I ordered any thing was from a link I think Sharon sent.Sib iris this spring 10 for 25.Woot!
    Love your ladies daylilies..I can't believe you two have blooms.I just have scapes on the eary yellows.

Prayers for the AI to work and all to go well.
    Yes I know a young lady too that has MS.Found out before she had her 2nd child.She doing good.HUGS

Hey everyone sent some warmth this way please.Its been in the 40's and low 60's here.60's isn't bad but those 40's are..hehe

Happy Gardening all
    Jean/Dirtpig

• brittneysgran
    14 years ago

Carol-Your 2nd iris may be honey glazed, the 3rd could be persian berry. I need to get ready for church or I would google them and see if they are really those. You can check them out. Devira is a beautiful little girl and I can see why she would be your favorite flower.

Beautiful pictures, I never tire of looking at everyones pictures.

Sharon-What a beautiful family picture. Will your son be going to college this Fall?

Praying for your family Ms. Debbie.

Shirley

• pchanggeo
    14 years ago

Loving all the photos of family and flowers....

Here's one epi blooming for me today. It's in one of my many "accidental cutting" pot, i.e. found the cutting laying on the ground and stuck it in a pot. I think it may be Monastery Garden. Pretty nice whatever it is...

{{gwi:1268244}}

{{gwi:1268246}}

• mareas
    14 years ago

So you find those things just laying around your yard? Yep, SoCal is paradise... That is pretty nice alright, Paul.

Here's today's seedling pick, one of Tragar's ~ notice the fat glittering hook on the bottom right petal..
    {{gwi:1268248}}
    Thought you'd like this one, Sharon.

• pnwjoy54
    14 years ago

I'm really enjoying everyones pictures.

I have a few to share. My daylilies are starting to bloom slowly but surely.

Here's STOP THE SHOW

PRESIDENT ALLINDER

HELIX

SAVORY

BOOM TOWN

And here is my beautiful Garden plaque that Debbie sent in my May wish list box. I love it.

Joy

• mareas
    14 years ago

Gorgeous colors, Joy! I especially like Boom Town. And that IS a great plaque - will make for a smile at least a thousand times...

Sharon, I very much like your angel succulent pot ~ it is gonna be completely striking when they fill in.
    Here are a couple views of the larkspur this morning for you, and my 1st linda beck x bobby martin sdlg to open, already named Linda Lou.
    {{gwi:1268261}}

{{gwi:1268263}}

Marea

• pnwjoy54
    14 years ago

Very nice seedling Marea.
    I started working on your shade plant box today. Should get it in the mail to you tomorrow.

Debbie, Can't wait to hear all about your vacation.

I was greeted this morning by my very first seedling bloom Ever. So I just had to get over here to show it off. It doesn't look anything like either parent but I'm thrilled with my first baby anyway. Wondering if it might double on future blooms like it's pollen parent?

Here is Ashby Pettigrew x Frills and Fancies #3

Joy

• mareas
    14 years ago

Oh Joy! Congratulations! Awesome colors on your new kid! Beautiful, soft ruffly form too.
    And oh goodie, really looking forward to what shade plants you chose for me.. *grin*

• dirtpig
    14 years ago

Morning All :)
    Paul nice accidental flower :)

Marea,love your picture of the lily and larkspur,beautifull.

Joy,what a beauty you have there.WOW!Loving the red in it.

Ok heres whats blooming here in the north land.

Blue Shimmers..I beleive anyways

Chocolate lily

Lent H Williamson

Lost tag dwarf iris,

Iris I got from Michigan Blub Comp..long long time ago

Chocolate

Lets Boggie

Romeo...I beleive

Pink Haze sib

Raspberry Blush

Unknown Red,could be Red Zigger,maybe

Just like these two :)

Another unknown

One more unknown

Peony Carol and Gold

Has anyone heard from Ellen??She hasn't posted other then to ask to be in shade swap.Just wondering.

Hope your not all melting in this heat.

Jean

• mareas
    14 years ago

Ooh, Iris time in the North? Your photos are always gorgeous, Jean.
    I can send you some Larkspur seed, too, if you want.
    No help on ID's, sorry. I was wondering about Ellen, too...
    Here's me trying to photograph myself in front of my 5 ft tomato Brandywine
    Marea's Angel & Destined To See blooming together and then Blueberry Lemonade

{{gwi:1268287}}
    {{gwi:1268288}}

• auntiebirrd
    14 years ago

Marea~
    Think of you every day when I step onto my back porch. Look what was there to greet me today. "Snazzy Memories"--her first bloom this year.

Happy Summer~
    Jenna

• jaceysgranny
    14 years ago

Jean, your irises are gorgeous!!
    Joy, I love your daylilies!!
    Paul, your foundling is also beautiful!!
    Jeanna, oohhhhh Snazzy Memories is awesome!!
    I know I can't compete with most of you but here are a few more of mine.

Marea, what's is that pretty purple bloom climbing your lily?
    I hope you like my show because I sure have been liking mine and all of yours too.
    Nancy

• mareas
    14 years ago

Your flowers are FABULOUS Nancy!
    Really like the lavender one. Is the purple Black Ambrosia?
    That's Rocket Larkspur blooming with the yellow lily flower. I get lots of seed every year - I adore the ultraviolet purple spires & will let it reseed in my life as long as I can - will happily send you some seeds, too. Just toss them on a part of your garden you won't be tilling or disturbing and then next summer you will have those vivid purple flowers on 5 ft tall lacy leaved deer proof plants, too.

• veeja11
    14 years ago

the first daylily is a seedling from a seed I received from sharon 2 or 3 yrs ago, faded tag says contury house X zephyrs song rest are noids except for john peat any names will be appreciated sorry for the size

href="http://s241.photobucket.com/albums/ff132/veeja11/?action=view¤t=summer09024.jpg"; target="_blank">

john peat
    one of my first seedlings again from Sharon

• budsnblooms
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Carol...#6 looks like Barbara Mitchell. Did you have one by that name?

Debbie

• jaceysgranny
    14 years ago

Marea, the dark one is Bella Lugosi. I don't know what the lavendar is but I like it too. I'd love to have some seeds for the Rocket Larkspur.
    Carol, your's are beautiful. I especially love the John Peat and the seedling. You made a really special one.
    Nancy