Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
darkruler

NEW: Houseplant Swap #1

darkruler
15 years ago

I would like to invite anyone that loves houseplants as much as i do to join in this round robin.i haven't been on in awhile but i hosted a couple RR's on other sites including this one.

Heres the rules

Send at least 4 more if you want of plants/cuttings that are indoor plant related.Can't send just all one type like african violet leaves.

After signing up please send me an email with your updated want list and have list (houseplant related) and i will do my best to coordinate your haves and wants with someone else.

Boxes can be sent out first class mail but priority would be better for the plants and everyone else.All packages need to have tracking numbers so plants don't get lost in the mail.

Boxes should be sent out on Saturday or Monday so they don't get stuck in the P.O. over the weekend.

I think that about says everything.I hope alot of people join and make this fun.

Comments (44)

• darkruler
    Original Author
    15 years ago

couple more things Plants must be signed with at least a common name and i will pair everyone up no later than the 26TH

• darkruler
    Original Author
    15 years ago

BUMP for anyone wanting to join!

• happyseed
    15 years ago

Hi, I would love to join your houseplant swap. It might get more results if you went over to the houseplant forums and posted to come here to join. Just an idea that I thought might get more attention. Keep me aware, Sonja

• zubababy
    15 years ago

i would like to join in on this swap.

• darkruler
    Original Author
    15 years ago

if we can get 10 people that would be great.i already have some plants for my swapee

• tootswisc
    15 years ago

I am in and I have plants but I do not know how the swap works. Diane

• darkruler
    Original Author
    15 years ago

ok heres how it works.

1.you sign up
    2.send me a list with what you have and want
    3.i will pair you up with someone else by what they got with what you want and vice versa.
    4.send out your box according to the date specified above
    5.Wait for next months swap.

there are rules though
    1.you must send at least 4 cuttings.you can send more if you want to
    2.you can't send all the same plant.you can send two cuttings of one plant but that will only count towards one plant out of the four you are sending.
    i hope these make a little more sense than the rules above

• tootswisc
    15 years ago

Does this mean rooted cuttings. Do you send then in pots.

• zubababy
    15 years ago

bump

• plantmasterm
    15 years ago

I'm in this sounds like great fun..what is bump,and what about sending in pots

• darkruler
    Original Author
    15 years ago

bump just means "bump to the top of the list".As for pots you don't have to send in pots.

• zubababy
    15 years ago

still open for more people to join this swap.
    either rooted or un-rooted cuttings of houseplants..... right darkruler?

• stacy_wisser
    15 years ago

I'd be interested in adding some of mine in. I'll send an email with my have's and am just looking for something "else" to add to my collection.

Stacy.

• brenoreo
    15 years ago

I'm interested in joining in on the swap. I'll follow this up with an email of my "have's" and my wish list. Thanks for this fun swap.

• exoticplantguy
    15 years ago

i am looking for rare houseplants like: kentia palm. howea belmoreana. variegated rhapis. variegated true philodendron. rare cultivars of sanseviera. raphidophora.

if can't find equal trades or am worried about being left empty handed, i guess there's always ebay?

i am starting to propagate rooted plants in 3"-4" size pots, would ship bareroot, of:

Tricolor MINI Wandering Jew vine (white + green + pinkish)

Variegated Prayer Plant (Maranta "Kim")

Variegated Jade Plant

Ponytail palm (Beaucarnea recurvata)

White Syngonium (Nephthytis)

Pinkish Syngonium (Nephthytis)

Variegated Spider

Inverse-Variegated Spider

Variegated Peace Lily (Spathiphyllum)

how to email darkruler?

• zubababy
    15 years ago

exoticplantguy
    if you haven't figured out how to email darkruler yet.....
    click on "darkruler's" name

then when you get to his member page click on "Send me an email"

at the top of that page you will see a link to his email address......click on that .....or copy / paste into your email program.

• darkruler
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Ok Everyone im still waiting on lists from the following
    Darkruler (GOT) =)
    Happyseed
    Zubababy
    Tootswisc
    plantmasterm
    Stacy Wisser (GOT)
    Bronoreo
    Exoticplantguy

• zubababy
    15 years ago

darkruler
    sent my list, twice.
    have you received it yet?

• plantlover_2008
    15 years ago

Can anyone help me contact exocticplantguy? I have been looking for the variegated peace lily and it looks like he has one. I DO have some houseplants to trade for one. Or if anyone else has that...please e-mail me. Thanks for your help!

Connie

• happyseed
    15 years ago

Ok, I have peace lily (large variety), mother in laws tongue (broad and short and tall and thin types), lipstick plant, africian violets (various) several varieties of cactus, red and white kolachee (can't spell) spider plants (2 varieties), philadendron, Jade and a couple of others that are too large to ship. I am not picky and probably would enjoy any new type of houseplant or vine. I am open to almost anything. That's it. Sonja

• arjadiejai
    15 years ago

Just for future reference, what's the best way to send cuttings? Any helpful hints, ideas suggestions or general insults welcome. :) I'll hopefully get in when I have a little more time...

• darkruler
    Original Author
    15 years ago

most you can just send in moist paper towels.still open for more players.I got your list zuba

• darkruler
    Original Author
    15 years ago

updated list of people

Darkruler (GOT) =)
    Happyseed (GOT)
    Zubababy (GOT)
    Tootswisc
    plantmasterm
    Stacy Wisser (GOT)
    Bronoreo
    Exoticplantguy
    still waiting for other peoples list.i will be emailing you tonight as the pairing date is near

• darkruler
    Original Author
    15 years ago

if i don't get the lists from the players above before the 25th at midnight you will be removed from the swap.

• plantmasterm
    15 years ago

darkruler, did you ever get my list?
    Marion

• darkruler
    Original Author
    15 years ago

no i haven't gotten your list.please send it again or post it

• plantmasterm
    15 years ago

HAVE:1.sanaveria(birds nest)this is the sm version
    2.callisia
    3.bear paw (succulent)
    4.pothos (emerald green & I think the other is marble queen)
    WANT:1.indian kale
    2.any nephytis
    3.spotted leaf begonia( I saw this @ hopefulauthor site
    4song of india

• plantmasterm
    15 years ago

I would like to add fiddle leaf philodendron to my want list please

• Vic Billings, MT
    15 years ago

Can I play?
    I don't have much to offer, I just moved and had to give a lot away.
    small dieffenbachia stalk cutting - Tropic Snow
    small Hawthorn Faschiatis (sp)
    cutting - philodendron
    Sun Star

If anyone would be interested in something like this PLMK. If not, that is OK.

I'm not picky about what I get, just like easy to grow stuff, I don't have much luck with "high maintenance" plants LOL

Thanks - Vic

• darkruler
    Original Author
    15 years ago

will assign swap partners tomorrow as there will be no mail service anyways.Thanks to everyone participating.I will try to hold on next month but please bear with me ;)

• darkruler
    Original Author
    15 years ago

okay the swap has started.i have sent emails to everyone telling them there swap partner but i need plantmasterm to email at my email as i need your email to sent you your info about your partner.

Stacy_Wisser VS Plantmasterm
    Vic_ZN5 VS Happyseed
    Zubababy VS Darkruler

Make sure all boxes have tracking numbers.thanks for playing

• darkruler
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Stacy_Wisser i also need you to send me your email as you don't have it linked to your account.Please send ASAP so i can send you your partners Info.That goes for Plantmasterm too

• plantmasterm
    15 years ago

darkruler I can be reached at Plantmasterm@yahoo.com

Marion

• plantmasterm
    15 years ago

would someone click on my link to see if my email appears..
    I seem to be having trouble getting my email address to appear

• Vic Billings, MT
    15 years ago

Plantmasterm
    sent you an email via GW
    and yes your email is showing
    Vic

• flyin_low
    15 years ago

i wanna play i wanna play!!! pick me pick me!
    i have all kinds of plants over 109 house plants and over 300 outside plants... i am not sure of off their names but if you like i can send pics.. or ask me if i got it the name might ring a bell :)

OH i wanna join please.........

• plantmasterm
    15 years ago

thanks Vic..flyin low I think its to late to join the RR but if you email me we can see about some type of exchange

• plantmasterm
    15 years ago

darkruler..hate to sound like a wet blanket but I haven't received an email from my swap partner have you.
    thanx Marion

• Vic Billings, MT
    15 years ago

I will be sending your box on Mon (our po is closed today)
    I will post the dc# when I ship!

Is anyone still out there?? You are all very quiet! Am I the only one late in sending?

Vic

• darkruler
    Original Author
    15 years ago

yes were all here lol.i have received my box from zubababy.i have sent out both of my boxes to zubababy and a late entry that emailed me.im going to send plantmasterm his box as well since stacy never responded.Hope all is well.Thanks for playing

So heres the break down
    Darkruler GOT
    zubababy GOT
    Happyseed?
    Vic_Zn5 Sending monday
    Plantmasterm?
    Plantlady?

• happyseed
    15 years ago

I am mailing mine out Monday morning. Will email partner and post confirmation here. Sonja

• Vic Billings, MT
    15 years ago

Sonja,
    Yours went out yesterday, I sent you an email let me know if you didn't get it I got another email back from you the other day
    Vic

• Vic Billings, MT
    15 years ago

Sonja,
    I sent you an email, but it came back to me:(
    Did you get my box? I haven't heard anything
    Vic

• happyseed
    15 years ago

Good morning Vic, My daughter picked up the box on Friday and brought it to me yesterday. Thank you so much for all the wonderful items. Your package is finally ready and will be shipped on Monday. I have been helping my daughter close on her new home and getting her moved in. She is so excited but it has put me behind. I will post your confirmation on Monday. Thank you so much for the beautiful metal candle holder and crystal candle holder and five different plants. I can not thank you enough. I will email Monday. I can't imagine why my email would have come back but I am learning that computers don't always know what they are doing!!!!!!!!!!! Have a good weekend and Thanks again, Sonja