Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dirtdiggin

Happy Mothers Day to All Moms and Moms to be....

dirtdiggin
14 years ago

I'd like to wish each and every Mom and Mom to be, out there, a wonderful and blessed day. Happy Mothers Day!!!!!!!

Mother Prayer

Dear Lord,

today we pray for mothers--

our own mothers, and mothers everywhere,

who have made such a major contribution

to the good qualities we have,

sometimes through genetics,

more often through great effort and patient instruction,

and who have done their best

to gently polish away our rough edges.

Lord, please bless our mothers

for the endless hours of time they spent

and the boundless energy they invested in us.

Bless our mothers for their sacrifices on our behalf

as they often gave up or deferred their own dreams

so that we could have ours.

Bless our mothers for always being there for us,

for being the person we know we can turn to

when we need comfort, encouragement, or just a hug.

Bless our mothers for making a home for us

where we could feel safe, where we felt we belonged.

Most of all, Lord,

bless our mothers for their unconditional love,

for loving us no matter what,

and for frequently showing love

in ways that make us feel valued and cherished.

Lord, please bless our mothers mightily.

Strengthen them, soothe them,

wrap them in Your infinite love

and shower them with blessings

too numerous to count, too magnificent to describe.

We love them, admire them, respect them,

and we wish that You would give them back

many times the good they gave to us.

In Jesus' name we pray; Amen.

By Joanna Fuchs

Happy Mothers Day!!!

Comments (7)

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    14 years ago

Thank you Dirt and a HAPPY MOTHERS DAY TO YOU TOO!

Lisa

• hazelnutbunny
    14 years ago
  • southerncharm1
    14 years ago

Happy Mother's Day! :D

• jaleeisa
    14 years ago

Thank you for that prayer, Toni! It was lovely!

Happy Mothers day to all of our Mothers in fact, Mothers in waiting and Spiritual Mothers, and even to our male "moms". You are all very precious and very appreciated! Giving birth to a child does not make one a mother, it is love, attention, caring and devotion that does that. Being a mother is holding them close when they hurt or are fearful, laughing and crying with them, knowing when to let go and knowing how to let them come home again, even if just for a few minutes. It is support, cheerleading, playing the 'bad guy' when needed, encouraging them to grow, and try new things, even when all we want to do is keep them close. It is accepting the decisions they make for their lives, not grudgingly, but with love and understanding, even when those choices are not ones we would have made for them. It is loving where they love... and standing back and not getting in the middle. It is giving our opinion, then stepping back to let them be the person they choose to be. And it's even standing to the side and letting them deal with the consequences, good or bad, of the decisions they make. It is being there for them, even if the consequences are deserved.

Blessings to all of you who have faced or will face these challenges and who do so with love, because a Mother's job is never done.

Kathy

Kathy

• angelady777 (Angela) - Zone 6
    14 years ago

Happy Mother's Day!size>color>

My heart especially goes out to the moms who have lost a child or who have never had children and wanted to. I know the heartache you're going through and how this holiday is an especially painful one for you. I used to feel noone understood that. If you're feeling that way today, do know my heart goes out to you and that there are many people who care. (((HUGS)))

Blessings,
    Angela

• smitties
    14 years ago

Happy Mother's day to all.

Only a gardener would be happy with the present I got from my husband for this big day. A LOAD OF DIRT!!!!! We are trying to establish gardens but out soil has so much clay, we need to buy dirt.

My oldest son bought me two garden frog items and my younger two bought me solar powered garden ornaments. One hummingbird and the other a dragonfly. I guess they know I like to garden. :)

As I do every year, I spent the day gardening while my hubby did the household things. This is a 20 year tradition. He even does dinner start to finish. I feel spoiled.

• greenthumbgrow
    14 years ago

I know how you feel smittie. I got Flower pots. Yeah! I loooove pots and collect them all. Of course he got me flowers too. (He knows better than to buy cut ones. I taught him that early on in the dating stage. Thats a no-no)

:-)

Happy Mothers Day everyone!

Tammy