Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
galium_gw

UPDATE: Cracked Pot Gardner's~May~ Continued

galium
15 years ago

The other thread was getting full and hard to load. So I thought I'd start a new one to finish off the month.

Hope everyone had a wonderful Memorial Day weekend. Both of my parents were on my mind all day yesterday. My dad was a Captain in the USAF and my mom was a SPAR which is the women's branch of the US Coast Guard.

Mariann

Comments (32)

• galium
    Original Author
    15 years ago

{{gwi:1268716}}

• beckilove
    15 years ago

Happy birthday, Michelle!! Hope you have a great one!!

Becki

• sandlapper_rose
    15 years ago

Happy Birthday, Michelle.
    Have a wonderful day.

Jeanne

• tracyvine
    15 years ago

{{gwi:1268718}}

Have a great birthday Michelle! I hope you get what you wish for.

Tracy

• hmle2217
    15 years ago

We just bought our first house! We're in escrow! We've just passed all the pest and chimney clearances and home inspections. We have been waiting for a two years, patiently waiting for the market to go down. This house has a new roof and so many perks. We're so lucky. I've posted pictures of my backyard on my blog. Here's some pictures:

Here is a link that might be useful: A Veggie Garden Blog

• karenh71867
    15 years ago

{{gwi:1268727}}

I hope you have a Wonderful Day, Michelle!!

Karen

• sguanzon
    15 years ago

Happy B-Day Michelle!!!!!

• galium
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Tammy-Becki will be mailing your box out this week. She had a death in the family over the weekend.

Becki-All my sympathy to you and your family. I know your Uncle will be missed by all of you.

Huong-Congratulations on your first home! You sound really excited. Jumping up and down for you.
    Mariann

• pixiesluvplants
    15 years ago

Becky, all our prayers and thoughts are with you and your family! Big Hugs to you sweetie.

Sue, your box is shipping today. I will post the DC # as soon as I print it and get it to the PO. I hope you like what I am sending ya.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MICHELLE!!! I hope your day is WONDERFUL!!!!

Pixie

• sandlapper_rose
    15 years ago

Sorry to hear about the death in Becky's family.
    Huong, sounds like a great house and I'm happy for you.
    Jeanne

• Michelle Reynolds
    15 years ago

hello
    thank you everyone for the beautiful birthday wishes. HUGGGGS

on saturday my inlaws baby sat for us and the hubby and I went to the movies and dinner, afterwords we had cake and gifts, seth and my mother in law went in together and got me 2 more aerogardens( I just love these) and my fther in law got me red cut crystal glasses, nd they both got me a diamond butterfly pendent. for some reason they said I was getting a special birthday(and not to expect the same every year LOL)

late sunday afternoon I looked out the bedroom window and say the first butterfly in my garden for the year. it was a black swallow tail girl, she was checking out almost every plant in the yard but did not seem interested in the flowers. then she found what she was looking for, the parsley, I planted 3 kinds so after landing on each she decided on the fancy extra curly and started to lay her eggs. she also put a few on some sweet fennel. when she was done she left us with 8(that I could find) eggs.
    I hope she is just the first of many.

well I need to get to my supper, good night and thanks again
    michelle

• beckilove
    15 years ago

Thank you for the thoughts, everyone! I really appreciate it! My uncle had fought cancer in his head for MANY years now, and after many surgeries and lots of chemo, he said he was ready to meet his Maker. So the past several weeks, he has been living at home with his second wife caring for him (after losing his first to cancer 10 years ago), and passed away peacefully at home. His youngest daughter is only 21, and my heart goes out to her, after losing both parents at such a young age. And it was really difficult seeing my grandparents having to say goodbye to one of their sons. But, what is truly amazing, is that of their 12 children, he is the first to pass, at the age of 62 - and of the 69 children of my grandma and her brothers and sisters, he is only the 5th! We were quite surprised to hear that fact yesterday. Anyway, everyone is happy that he is no longer suffering with terrible pain in his head, and he is in a much happier place.

Michelle - your black swallowtail sounds great! I hope to get some special butterflies this year too! I'm glad you had a good birthday!!

Tammy - your box is out at the mailbox waiting for the postman! I'm sorry I didn't get it out sooner! The dc # is 0103 8555 7493 3656 4471.

Congratulations on your house, Huong! It looks wonderful! I hope you are very happy there!

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!!

Hugs,
    Becki

• ibartoo
    15 years ago

Happy Belated birthday Michelle, sorry I am late, but I was out of town yesterday.

Becky, I am sorry to hear of your Uncle's passing, but know that he is happy and pain free now. I will keep the rest of you in my prayers, I am sure you will miss him terribly.

What a great house Huong, I hope you will be very happy there. I wish you great fun designing and re-designing your gardens.

WE are getting a badly needed storm this afternoon and since my spine is still irritated from the road trip to Furman, I am doing nothing the rest of the day, but read my Bible and listen to it rain. (Who could ask for a better afternoon.?)

Hope everyone has a great week, Linda

• galium
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Mariann/galium-sent-received
    Linda/ibartoo-sent-received
    Michelle/micyrey-sent-received
    Tracy/tracyvine-sent-received
    Becki/beckilove-sent
    Tammy/thelwig55-sent
    Karen/kalena67-sent-received
    Huong/hmle2217-sent-received
    Sue/sguanzon-sent
    Trina/pixieluvplants-sending-received
    Sharon/scottrell-sent-received
    Marie/wynative-sent-received
    Jeanne/sandlapper_rose-sent-received
    Louise/esiuol-sending-received
    Deb/debbya-sent
    (If I made an error please let me know)

So far we have Jeanne and Linda who want to send seeds in June. Anyone else???
    Mariann

• Debra Andruska
    15 years ago

I received Louise's envelope. Louise sent such a nice variety of seed, and a few garden magazines!

Thanks Louise!

Deb

• tracyvine
    15 years ago

Becki, I am so sorry to hear about your uncle passing away. I will keep his family and yours in my prayers.

Huong, congratulations on your first home! That is very exciting! It is beautiful! You have so much room to garden and a lovely patio! Awesome!

Michelle, your birthday celebration sounds so nice! You must really be feeling good with all those people who love you.

I hope everyone is having a great day. I spent the afternoon planting out lots of WS plants into my new lasagna bed. We finally got it finished over the weekend between cookouts and family get togethers. It has been quite a busy time! The new bed is really coming together nicely!

Tracy

• thelwig55
    15 years ago

Hello everyone, Becki I am so sorry to hear the news of your Grandfather death, I will be mailing your box out Monday. It rained most of this month and then this weekend I was ready to get it together and the cable went out for 4 days, so we had no phone , tv or internet, alway something. I think I will get my box ready for June and be ahead for once and not the last one. I noticed I was marked as sent and I have not sent, but will Monday.

Michele-Happy Birthday
    Now I will go though the back post and see what I have missed, been off line for awhile.
    Tammy

• Debra Andruska
    15 years ago

Becki,
    I'm so sorry to hear about your Uncle! I just re-read the threads and caught up. You and Your Family are in my thoughts & Prayers at this difficult time.

Michelle,
    HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY! I hope you had a really special day~

Wishing you the best~
    Deb

• pixiesluvplants
    15 years ago

I forgot to post that Sues box went out. You should get it Saturday. I'll post the DC # its in my truck.

Smiles,
    Pixie

• Debra Andruska
    15 years ago

The plant portion of Louise's box arrived. Louise sent a few geranium, one variegated! Also a variegated obedient plant.

All of them are planted and looking very well, Thanks Louise! Louise also sent a red-orange spider! I'm so thankful I opened the box on an outdoor patio table, or that spider would of escaped into the house! I can't stand spiders! ;)

Giant Hugs for the nice box Louise!

Deb

• pixiesluvplants
    15 years ago

A really for REAL spider???

• galium
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Deb-I thought I saw spiders on your Exchange List. Especially the brightly colored ones. LOL

I was packing a box once and a large black Carpenter Ant crawled out of the box. I'm so glad it made an exit because I wouldn't have wanted to send it to my partner. Mariann

• tracyvine
    15 years ago

Hmmm, Pixie sent me a big bag of plastic ants and spider rings once. LOL! She kept threatening to send me a real tarantula. Evil Pixies!

I've been experiencing a huge spider population here. They are all through the shredded mulch we put down. Every time I go in the new bed by the woods there seems to be one for every square foot.

• Debra Andruska
    15 years ago

Pixie,
    A REAL spider, that ran really fast! I usually open up most of my trade boxes on my kitchen table! I would of fainted on the spot if that spider would of taken off in the house! ;)

Deb

• sguanzon
    15 years ago

No package yet.........hopefully today!

Sue G.

• pixiesluvplants
    15 years ago

I just checked Sue and it said it had arrived at the unit and should be delivered today.

• esiuol
    15 years ago

Oh my God!! Deb, I am so sorry. They are everywhere this time of year. Yes, even inside the house. They do keep the cats busy. Cheap cat toys!!
    Apparently that one wanted to relocate to another state.

• Debra Andruska
    15 years ago

Louise,
    It made me laugh.. Don't worry about it, really. I've never seen a red/orange spider before! And yes it did relocate to another state the thing jumped out and ran in my back yard! I'll let you know next year if you started a new variety of spider here!

Hugs,
    Deb

• beckilove
    15 years ago

Just checking if Tammy found her box - track and confirm says that it was delivered yesterday morning. I hope everything is okay! : )

Hugs,
    Becki

• sguanzon
    15 years ago

I received a wonderful box from Trina on Monday.

It had a variety of seeds including quite a few hibiscus I can't wait to plant. Also;

aloe plant and cactus cuttings
    pink fairy rose
    schefflera lant
    spider plant
    peace lily
    blackberry lily
    and unknown daylily
    and a metal bird hanger with hooks (really cute)!

Thanks Trina I loved everything!

Sue G.

• beckilove
    15 years ago

Hi, everyone! I just got a box delivered by my wonderful UPS man (of course I had no idea he was coming and I looked horrible - go figure!) from Tammy! Thank you so much, Tammy! She also sent a thank you for the box that I sent, so I am happy to see she got it!

Tammy sent me:
    Potentilla 'Goldfinger'
    a Geranium
    a plant that I'm not sure what it is, but it's got a bud!
    Daylily 'Sherry Lane Carr' with buds!
    Daylily 'Burning Inheritance'
    Daylily 'Blizzard Bay'
    Daylily 'Krakato Lava'
    Daylily 'Red Peacemaker'
    Daylily 'Marilyn Siwik'
    Daylily Unending Melody 'Lifting Me Higher' (I hope I got that right)
    Daylily 'Omomuki'

Wow, Tammy!!! Thank you SO VERY MUCH!!! You girls are going to have me rolling in the daylillies!! I can't wait to get these planted (I typed as I opened everything!)

Gotta get back to making supper!

Hugs,
    Becki

Here is a link that might be useful: My new blog

• galium
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Becki-That's a great box of plants Tammy sent you. Have fun planting them.
    Mariann