Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ishareflowers

UPDATE: May gardener of the month

I would love to start this out fun!! I"m in another round robin and the hostess played a game that was quite fun for everyone (especially me, I won). I would like to do the same. I'll send a surprise packet of seeds to the person who can guess the date of my husbands B-day. GUESS AWAY!!

Comments (99)

• canyonwind
    15 years ago

Hilarious...to funny!!!!!! Yes, it was a good time!

Lisa, your husband can not be all bad as we share the same birth day "24" but differant months...LOL!!!

I will email you the info via e-mail in the next few days. I never play games for the prize...I think they are just fun to play!

Lisa...nice play! Have a lovely weekend!!

Annie

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Anyone heard from our Miss May? I tracked her package and saw that she got it the other day but no word from her.She did mention to me in a private email that she would be in MA. in May, I wonder if she's traveling, has anyone heard from her privately?
    Canyon, yes the 24th is for special people.

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Happy Mothers Day to all the Moms in our group.

• uncgardener
    15 years ago

Ok Miss May, your package is on it's way!
    The DC # is 0306 0320 0000 3586 2644.
    Hope you like everything I sent!
    Kara

• canyonwind
    15 years ago

Good Afternoon,

Lisa sent you an email!!! I do hope all you MOM'S had a wonderful day yesterday! It is overcast and quite drab outside. A light rain is falling from the sky. The snails are in heaven...munch...munch...munch!!!!

Must run!

Annie

• Debra Andruska
    15 years ago

Hi,
    Has anyone heard from Ollierose/Diana (December)? We might have to close the swap a little more, or let one person in to replace Diana/December. She never sent a package yet for April. No contact by email, nothing...

Susan,
    I hope your having a great month!

Hugs,
    Deb

• uncgardener
    15 years ago

She did post on another forum last week...
    Posted by ollierose 7, Atlanta, GA (My Page) on Fri, Mar 7, 08 at 19:24

I've just found out that my kitty has cancer and I will be spending the weekend with him before putting him down on Monday. I will touch base with all of you on Tuesday. Thank you for understanding.
    Diana

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Deb,
    is Ollie the only package that you haven't gotten for your Miss April?

Canyon,
    I did not get the email from you! Please try again.

I'm sad to here that Ollie's cat is sick but that posting was dated a week AFTER Debs box was due. I don't know where she posted but I do know that it wasn't here!

I'm sorry, but I think that 30 days is plenty of time to get a package together. I think that we should bump up another month like Deb suggested.

• canyonwind
    15 years ago

Lisa,

Just sent you another e-mail!

I am all for bumping up another month!!!!!!!!

Have a great evening!

Annie

• canyonwind
    15 years ago

Miss May...Susan,

Where ever you are...Happy Anniversary!

Annie

• susandonb
    15 years ago

Awww, Hi Everyone, I am so sorry for not being around lately, I got some family stuff going on and some other stuff just been taking all my attention. OK, first I want to thank Lisa for the great box, she sent me a great garden tool caddy in a flowered print pattern. It was filled with seeds, a pack of 3 dahlia tubers and a great tool that is a trowel on one side and a garden claw on the other, all in one!
    Thank you Lisa, I loved it all.

I got Kara's box today, she sent an AWESOME lavender candle that is burning right now and my husband just came in the room and said ,"if you get that candle any closer to your nose your gonna get a buzz on!" lol
    Kara also sent some cute note pads, garden markers, and 3 Unwin dahlias and one Arabian Night. I have planted all of the dahlia bulbs in my dahlia bed and will take pics when they bloom. Thank you Kara.

Thank you everyone,

Did anyone win the guessing game? If not I guess the 21st!

I promise to check in daily. If I forget someone send me a nasty email.

Thank you for making my month special, and thank you for the Happy Anniversary, it was today and I got yellow roses a Miracle Gro liguid feeder kit with sprayer, and a pump for my new pond! Hope to have the pond up and running this weekend.

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Susan,
    I gotta ask, was my box for you open when you got it? I had copper plant markers,seed baggies,pens,paper and other small items in your package when it left here. please let me know!

• ollierose
    15 years ago

Hello everyone,

I'm sorry that it's taken me a while to post here, but I am going to have to drop out of this RR. I am having some health problems right now that I need to address. Medications I will be taking will prevent me from holding up my end of the deal on the RR. I do not have a terminal illness, but ask that you respect my need for privacy.

By the way, my posting about my sick cat was from March 7, 2008 and not from May 7, 2008. He was put down on March 11th.

I'm truly sorry that I won't be able to participate and hope that you all enjoy the remainder of the RR.

Diana
    ollierose

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Diana, Sorry about the mistake. I thought it was may until I looked back at the message. Take care of yourself.

So we bump up another Month. I believe that Ollie was Dec, so Canyon, you are now Dec. I'll confirm this later.

I think it's time for another game, you?

• uncgardener
    15 years ago

Susan, I am glad you are enjoying your goodies! :)

I also think it is time for another game, bring it on!

Kara

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    Original Author
    15 years ago

OOops, I just went back and checked uncgardener will be December in Ollies place.

Okay, our new game will be how long have I been married?

I'll send the winner a package of bulbs to plant in the fall.
    Has anyone heard from momcat? I haven't seen her post in a while.

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    Original Author
    15 years ago

where we haven't heard from her in a bit, I sent mommymaureen an email to ask if she still wants to participate in this swap. I'll wait to here from her before I go ahead and list the new order, okay?

• susandonb
    15 years ago

Hi,
    Yes, flowers, I got all the items. Sorry, I had already put them in different places and used some and so forgot when I listed everything. If I don't have stuff right in front of me I forget easily.

And I guess 18 years

• uncgardener
    15 years ago

Hmmm...I guess 22?

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Okay, so it wasn't momcat that we haven't heard of in a while, it was mommymaureen. I emailed her and she is still a participating member of this swap, so we are down to 9 now.

susan,
    I'm glad to hear everything was in the box, I wondered if it got open in transit somehow and was missing all the cutsie stuff.

no right guesses yet, lets give the other members a chance to post before we give second guesses.

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

hmmm....15...

• canyonwind
    15 years ago

How about 23?

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Good Morning ladies!

Wow, that was quick, we have a winner!

I have everyones addy from Ollie somewhere one my computer sooo to make this interesting, I will mail the package of fall bulbs to the winner but I'm not going to tell who it was!

Have to get ready for work, have a great day!

• Debra Andruska
    15 years ago

Dropping in quickly to say "Hi" and catching up with all the posts.

Wow, that last contest went quickly! I didn't even have a chance to guess. ;)

I'm already working on my package for June! Whenever I have extra time, I really take advantage of it. It's so rare! With work and yardwork, plus kids, pets it's so hard to find extra time in the summer. My veggie/herb garden was submerged under water for two days! Lots of rain all at once, plus hail. I'm amazed to see seedlings popping up still! I thought I lost everything in the garden, I can't believe I didn't! It's been really chilly here, everything is finally started to grow slowly. Tulips finally opened up this week! Hopefully, it stays warm and sunny!

Deb

• susandonb
    15 years ago

Hi Everyone,

Deb, we had the same thing here last week, tons of rain with hail all at once. Then we had lots of wind and heat and now we need a little rain again.

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi Debby,
    I'm glad you dropped in!

I'm sorry about the game going so quick. I was going to wait a day before letting people guess again but SOMEONE got it the first guess.

The weather has been crazy this year here in ma.too! I agree with you, It's hard enough to get anything done working full time. The fact that it pours on my days off doesn't help me much either. I feel your pain!

I'm off to sit on my butt, been up since 5 and feeling pretty tired now.

Have a good night !

PS:I also have Junes package ready to go!

• susandonb
    15 years ago

almost done with my June box too! Aren't we efficient.

• canyonwind
    15 years ago

Happy Sunday Morning,

Miss May...Susan...your birthday box is going out tomorrow! I will post the DC # after I send!

Off to play in the dirt!

Annie

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Good morning ladies,
    it's a beautiful day here in MA.,at 7am it was already 60. I worked in the yard all day yesterday,planted a bunch of winter sown plants and others that I couldn't resist from the garden centers. I'm heading out again today to play in the dirt! Have a great day!!!

Annie,
    your package will go out tomorrow.

I'm having a little trouble finding fall bulbs at this time,so the winner of the bulbs may have to take spring bulbs. I'm going to check one more place during the week and then I'll send them out.

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

okay Miss May, I think I'm finished messing with your box...I'm going to pop it in the mail tomorrow. I'll post your number when I get it.
    Linda

• canyonwind
    15 years ago

Miss May...

Your B-Day Box...Not one of my better pack jobs and with the heat...ouch.....If two of the items do not make it, I will replace! Shame on me!

DC # 0307 1790 0003 4684 5474......

Sent USPS from ZIP 92678, Trabuco Canyon, CA this morning...

Just got home....
    My thermometer outside is reading about 96 degrees...a little cooler than yesterday. I am off to frolic in the sun with a cold brew and my pruners! I love this heat!!!

Planted more Daylilies, Dahlias, Asiatic lilys, Coreopsis, Echinacea and so on yesterday...more to plant this evening!
    And my vegetables are so happy. This heat just turns them on!!!

Have a great evening!!!

Annie

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Good morning everyone,

Annie, I have to chuckle when you say not one of your best pack jobs! I'm the quenn of messy packing, no frills here!I'm sure if you ask the previous gotm they'll agree.
    I grab a box from work and throw everything in and drop it at the post office. When I give a gift to any of my neices and nephews they always know which one is Aunties, it's the one in the bag I bought it in!! I would rather spend the extra money on another item than fancy wrap.
    I spent the whole weekend that I had off helping my neice plant a garden at her new home, lots of fun because she has a clean slate to work with. Then I wake up yesterday morning sick as a dog and couldn't even go to work. I've got to go clean up a bit, got nothing done yesterday!
    Have a great day!

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Good Morning ,
    I'm mailing the package of bulbs out to the winner this morning,I hope you enjoy them!

Our miss May is still waiting on packages from:

mommymaureen
    happyseed
    momcat

Have we decided who is stepping up for hostessing the month of June? It is right around the corner.

• canyonwind
    15 years ago

Happy Thursday...

I will take hostessing July if we are "booking" ahead. July is better, as I will be out of town for a few days in early June and then probably from the 22nd of June until the 30th or the 1st of July...I "avoid" the computer when I am out of town!

Susan...Miss May...check your porch as your package was delivered yesterday, according to the USPS!!!! And I believe your birthday was yesterday, the 21st. I do hope it was a wonderful day! Happy Birthday!!!

Deb...Miss April...I forgot to post here on Monday that I had sent you something else but did send you an email with a DC #. Check your porch as well!

Have a great day!

Must run!

Annie

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

well, Miss May, your numer is #0307 0003 5320 0976. I hope you enjoy it!

Linda

• happyseed
    15 years ago

Hi Susan and everyone, I am mailing your package in the morning and will post the confirmation number. I can't believe how organized you are. I am just finishing up all my round robins for this month and you guys are on your next. I am so impressed and so Jealous!!!!!!!!! I wish I could get that way. If you have hints, please share. I will post again tomorow morning and HAPPY BIRTHDAY. Sonja

• susandonb
    15 years ago

Hi Everyone,

Canyon I received your gift box and everything was just wonderful.

I have a confession to make, I received three boxes and four cards from different swaps, and B'day club I belong to from GW and DG(Dave's Garden site)all on the same day! In all the excitement I turned into a little kid and opened them all, owwwwing and ahhing taking everything out and spreading it all on my dining room table. After playing with all my stuff, showing my hubby and planting plants, it dawned on me I didnt take mental note of who sent what. So....I want to Thank Canyon for all the great gifts she sent and loved everything. Maybe she can bail me out and refresh my memory as to which box was hers? I think I know but at the risk of insulting her and embarrasing myself I didn't want to list items.

I appreciate all the organization that has gone into this RR and hope we can work out the kinks to keep it going.

Thank you,
    Susan

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Susan, sounds like you had a great day! I just love surprises and cant wait for my turn.

Sonja,
    I'm so ahead of myself all the time with things like this because I'm NOT organized! When I joined this round robin, I got 6 boxes from work and I put them by my washing station downstairs. I have names taped to the boxes with lists of wants, this is a constant reminder of my responsibilities! I also work at a home store and one of my areas is the garden section, We dont sell bulbs or seeds but we sell everything else for the garden/gardener. I buy several things there so I have the advantage of being able to shop while working.
    It's going to be a great weekend, I'm off to pack up my motorhome and head out camping with some friends.
    Have a great weekend!!!

• scents_from_heaven
    15 years ago

Hello everyone and sorry I did not get to post sooner. I realize that my lack of communication created problems and it seems you resolved them. I have had my life turned totally upside down and it still is a little slanted. By the way happy belated Mother's Day and Happy Memorial Day. My husband had what appeared to be a stroke but we have since discovered that parts of his brain are dying off from a bleed he suffered several years before I met him. He is 23 years older than me and is my life. I finally brought him home from the rehab center he was at this past Monday and four hours later I took him to the regular hospital where he was admitted for pneumonia due to aspiration of liquids he drank last week. He is improving but I do not know if he will be coming home, returning to rehab for intensive breathing treatments and more rehab or placed permanently into a skilled nursing facility. I have both boxes ready with the exception of special plants for both April and May and I will mail them out by this coming weekend because it is the fair thing to do. I hope you will accept my appologies for letting everyone down and undersatnding why I have been absent. I will take the time this week to read some of your posts just to see how much fun you all have been having. Thank you for everything, Linda

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

Linda,
    ((HUG)) I'll keep you both in my prayers.

• Debra Andruska
    15 years ago

Linda,
    I'll be praying too! My heart goes out to you!

Hugs,
    Deb

• momcat
    15 years ago

I"m sorry I'm running late. I was going to mail yesterday, but then thought that with the holiday weekend, I should wait. Your box will be going out on Tuesday. I have had so much going on with the new job, this month just flew by before I realized!

Again, my apologies. Wishing everyone a wonderful Memorial Day.

Deb

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

how's the new job going, Deb? Do you like it?

• canyonwind
    15 years ago

Linda...scents,

Thoughts and prayers for your husband....and for you! Be well!!!!!!

Susan,
    I am trying to remember what I sent you. I sent yours along with 4 or 5 other boxes and I do not keep a list of what I send. I believe their were daylilies, seeds (mint, Janice Brown daylily and ?), flip flops, seed envelopes, a happy/unhappy face little notebook, a pad of paper with flowers, V. S. lotion, Avon whipped lotion, an envelope of Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing...sorry you have to make it, as the bottle would not fit... (LOL)!!! Did I put Tic Tacs and gum in yours??? I think that might be it! Only a few more days in your birthday month...Enjoy!

Happy Memorial Day to all!

Annie

• momcat
    15 years ago

HI,

I was sure I posted, but don't see my post now.

I just wanted to let you know that the box will be going out tomorrow. I am sorry for the delay, this month just flew by before I even realized. The new job has really kept me going, and I still have so much to learn.

I will try to do better at stopping by and posting, and getting boxes out by the 25th.

Deb

• canyonwind
    15 years ago

Lisa,

I received you very generous package of seeds today....a variety package with, I believe, 18 or 19 packets of seeds. And could it be I was the winner of your other game...How long have you been married??? I must ask, as there was a package of bulbs in the envelope as well!!!!! HHHMMM...Lucky Me!!!

I thank you very much for the nice snail mail surprise!!!

Have a great evening!

Annie

• happyseed
    15 years ago

Hi Susan and all, I got your package in the mail this morning around 8:15. Your confirmation number is:
    0306 3030 0000 4940 3575. I hope you enjoy the box. Sonja

• momcat
    15 years ago

HI Susan,

Your box is on it's way. Delivery conf #0307 3330 0001 0204 8572

I hope you enjoy.

Deb

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Ladies,
    Annie was the winner of both games, she must have a horse shoe, well you know the expression!
    Annie,
    I hope you like the seeds I chose for you. I had to give my left arm for the plumeria seeds. The bulbs aren't what I had planned on but I couldn't find anything great.

Have we decided who's taking on June? It's right around the corner.

• Debra Andruska
    15 years ago

I'll take on June! I worked on Linda's box today (packing the 'live' plant portion of it). I had the other things ready to go, so it was really easy to get the box quickly together! I'm trying to be so organized! School's out already and my Daughter's board already! Ugh! I'll post a new thread for Linda later on tonight!

Deb