Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nyvoices99

NEW: 'All My Bloomin Friends' Time for the June Daylily Swap

nyvoices99
17 years ago

"All My Bloomin Friends"! It's time for the June Daylily swap!

If you are in the Bloomin Friends group, and would like to participate, here's how this will work:

Sign up here and post a wish list of 2-4 named Daylilies you'd like to receive.Please tell me if you want to send 2 or 4. After all have signed up that want to, I will pick partners. I will start a new thread of partner picks...I will choose who you will be sending to based on who I think you can make the happiest.

NO NAME DAYLILY SWAP Will work the same way, For the ones that want to play but don't have named Hem's, You tell me when you sing up if you want on the NAMED OR NO-NAME LIST.Also tell me if you want to send 2 or 4

Ship Date-June 16th, Please send with D/C DELIVERY CONFIRMATION.

LIST OF BLOOMIN FRIENDS

1. Nitelite

2.theresa24

3.grannymarsh

4 uptresa

5 Remy

6 nyvoice

7 debbya

8 mellen

9 veeja11

10 amybabyboy3

11 plantladyjan

12 earthly

13 Number_1_angel

14 Beth_b_Kodiak

15 Dancingmoon

16 Skohler

17Pattygrow5

18 lunamoon

19..sguanzon

20.Giverny4me

This list is not saying everyone has to play!!!!

Let's Play Ball:)Anita

Comments (65)

• beth_b_kodiak
    17 years ago

Oh I want to play, the mailing date will be good for me but I have two big BUTS (Besides the one Mother nature gave me).....1) I don't know what shape things are in back in MD so I can't say what I can trade and 2) I won't have computer access for the next two weeks.
    I won't be able to respond to messages or questions.
    So, I will promise to trade 2 or 4( whatever you need to even things up) unnamed. And please match me up with some patient soul who won't be worried about not hearing from me.
    I'll pick whatever looks best when I get back East and will try to match request at least by color.
    Hope this is OK and someone will agree to swap with me. I'd hate to miss this as i LOVE daylilies.

• flowersandbirds4ever
    17 years ago

Hi i got a email i was now a blooming friend yahoo.
    so i would love to play rosie what do you need from me hi all alot of friends I see here

• mellen
    17 years ago

Anita, Please add me for 2 OR 4 named daylilies. I will update my list this week-end. I have at least another couple dozen to add to it. Thanks, Mary Ellen

• juspeachy
    17 years ago

Hey girlfriend,
    can you add me to this list? I will e-mail carol.
    I would do 4 named,I can manage to come up with the postage for this, thanks,
    Jo

• veeja11
    17 years ago

It goes without saying, Jo is welcome to play

• grannymarsh
    17 years ago

Count me in for 4 named.
    Marsha

• nyvoices99
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi Al,

Quick post to let you all know, This will be updated after the long weekend, I have lots going on & no extra time right now.

Susie & or Carol,
    Please either post here as you did for Jo, to let me know the new people. Thanks

((Jo))
    Welcome to the Bloomin Friend's group....See you tomorrow at Mom's party....:)Hug's Anita

• Theresa24 (NeFL9a)
    17 years ago

Okay, I have updated my trade list to include the daylilies I have ready to divide. Not many named compared to some friends here which is why I'm okay to be moved to "unnamed". I have a few specifics listed that I am looking for but any pinks or whites would please me.
    Theresa

• veeja11
    17 years ago

I think the new members are Jo and flowersandbirds4ever. Sue is out of touch so I am not sure if she has any other names. is it possible to do 2 named and 2 unnamed? I have some real pretty ones with lost tags.

• remy_gw
    17 years ago

Hi Rosie and Jo!
    Nice to have you join the group: )
    Remy

• hummingbirddaisy
    17 years ago

veeja11 ~

I would love to join in now! I can send either 2 named or 4 unnamed. Are we to send a certain size, 1 fan each?
    I will try and get my list updated over this weekend.

Tina

• pattygrow5
    17 years ago

Hi Jo welcome and glad to see you here Rosie you will love all my bloomin friends. Carol do you know how Susie is doing I'm worried about her? Patty

• uptreasa
    17 years ago

Hello, my bloomin' friends. Please include me for the 4 named Daylilies. For my wish, I would prefer large eyes, edging, or ruffles. Also, large blooms. Thank you. Treasa

• veeja11
    17 years ago

I have not heard from susie, but have e-mailed her brother and will let you all know when I hear from him. looks like Tina has finally decided to join us. about time. I need you and Mellen to kiss and make up, I sure need iris names or I will be sending out all unamed ones. hope I get more names on daylilies, I got new metal tags so shouldn't lose names anymore.

• hummingbirddaisy
    17 years ago

Yea!!!! Thank you so much for having me. I look forward to being apart of "All My Blooming Friends".
    Is there a questionnaire I need to fill out for the daylily info or do I just post what I have and what my wishes are?

Everyone enjoy your long weekend!
    Tina

• juspeachy
    17 years ago

Hi All,
    I will try and update my list of what is available over the weekend. Lots going on this weekend,every day, so it may even be Mon or tues, but I WILL get it done.
    thanks for having me,(and my plants(GRINS)

Jo/juspeachy

• earthlydelights
    17 years ago

good morning everyone.

please include me in the 4 named.

welcome jo :) rosie :) and tina :)

hae a great memorial day weekend, and let's not forget why we celebrate memorial day

maryanne/earthly

• earthlydelights
    17 years ago

hi again, just wanted to add about this swap

i am N O T a fan of spiders
    i love the ruffly ones
    i really love the two tones

• veeja11
    17 years ago

Earthly I don't care for spiders either, especially black widows!!! Ok Susies brother says she will be home today
    seems she ignored my rules and somehow managed to pull a muscle in her chest. bad susie, I have been lost trying to do her new member job. offically we only have two new members Jo and Tina. Ganesh you need to e-mail me if you want in. I acidentaly posted names before they agreed to our rules, only two have agreed to the rules. Tina and Jo so welcome them to our family

• skohler
    17 years ago

HEY FRIENDS :))
    HOME AGIN :)) SORRY For the delay but Doc put me back in the hospital for a few days just to make sure I had a pulled muscle & Not Another clot somewhere .
    It still hurts to laught or to sit long so just want to let you all know I'm tring to get caught up JO & Tina I will send you the info sheet Try today :))

as for the daylilies many are not in bloom yet but
    I'm sure that many of us can maybe Identify a few of them.
    so why not say each box has to have at lease 2 Names
    Blooming size daylilies & as for the unnamed we can share as many as we or want to share as long as they are of differant colors is that fair ??

as for gifts that should be an option for we all love plants :)) .

as for my I love ruffled anything but yellow or oranges
    I Have many of them & Be happy to share mine with you ::))
    who want .

well got more reading to do .
    Have a Happy & funfilled weekend
    susie

• earthlydelights
    17 years ago

sue, you changing the rules before this month's swap begins?

my preference is to trade named only. if we are trading noids, i'm going to sit out this month.

• hummingbirddaisy
    17 years ago

Hi All,
    Thank you for the warm welcome Earthly and veeja!

I got my questionnaire and filled in out and sent in back to you Sue. Glad to see that you are home dear. Saty well darn it! ;-)

My exchange page is updated now!
    Whew............

Happy Memorial Day ladies.
    Hugs to EACH and EVERY one of you.
    Tina

• pattygrow5
    17 years ago

First of all welcome Tina and Sue I was so worried about you I feel responsible you spend 2 hours putting the plants I sent you in the ground and then have to go to the hospital shouldn't your brother have been doing that I thought you were only allowed to watch him work in the garden! I am glad you are home that is a good sign. I went to a plant swap today took some of that iris I wasn't sure of the plant person from the newspaper there said it was siberian even though I thought siberian were taller you deceide when it blooms. Got lots of good stuff.Don't scare me like that anymore. Patty

• hummingbirddaisy
    17 years ago

Well, I see that after I hit "submit" to save my list in my exchange page, it only saved HALF of what I have researched on, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr......, but for what it did save, you get the idea of what I am looking for and such.

Thank you Patty :-). It's good to be back in the world of great gardening friends!

Tina

• veeja11
    17 years ago

Earthly I don't think the rules are changed, Anita is in charge of this swap, susie was only offering a suggestion, I love my noids but have too many already, welcome back susie, stay out of the garden unless it is for a pleasure walk. can't wait to get my pals name.

• skohler
    17 years ago

Well I see our may swap forum reached its peak I wanted to post to let everyone know what all pattygrow5 sent to me . so if you don't mind I would llike to post it here.

wounderful plants
    M.s gracillimus grass
    m.s porcupine grass
    Karl forester grass
    unknown iris I like surprises
    siberian Iris - yellow
    German iris - mauve & orange
    rose -
    Astilbe -lilac
    wood poppy- stylophorum disphyllum
    pierris japocisina mountain fire
    fern
    2 dwarf charry trees daddy was so excited & Iplanted
    them watered & out by the pond & I killed them some how
    I feel so bad .
    trade scantia andersoniana purple
    & 3 types of hosta 's
    16 asiatic lilies :))
    & a gone fishing sign :)) and cople other nick nacks
    so cute thank you patty .

As For this robin can hardly wait to get started :))

I Posted that I was not trying to change this robin it is up to nyvoices .
    I was just trying to let the newbies know that I was not going to care what type they send to me as long as they are of blooming size & Not Ditch lilies .

I also wanted to know if it was ok to send tiger lilies,
    asiatic lilies, oriental lilies, or is this just for
    daylilies ??

what if we have another type of plant on their want list
    is it ok to share that with them ???

for some reason my post have not been getting posted
    I hope this one works .
    Hope everyone had a great weekend
    susie

• nitelite
    17 years ago

I believe I am changing my mind about being in this months swap...

I have about 10 unnamed that I've never seen bloom before, and i got a shipment of 20 named plants, but, none of those extras to share...

So, i guess really, to be fair to everyone, I'm going to sit this one out!

Blessed Be,
    Carrie Ann

• veeja11
    17 years ago

Anita, where are you? did you pass out under a table at this weekends party? Jo pick her up please.
    hugs carol

• nyvoices99
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi all,
    Last day to get in on this swap:)

Welcome Tina & Jo.

Susie,
    So glad you are back home:)

This is for NAMED, UNNAMED DAYLILIES, one or the other or both, I will update list of players tomorrow,

:)Anita

• brittneysgran
    17 years ago

I want to play..... I wondered where everyone was and you all are over here....LOL

Shirley

• skohler
    17 years ago

Shirley : If you would like to join our find group
    of friends Please email me before the cut off date if you want to play.
    carrie ann sorry to have you sit out we will miss you .
    Jo: I Need you to fill out your questionar I sent to you
    did you get it ???

susie

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

I'm going to sit this one out. I only have a few daylilys, and most aren't big enough (blooming sized) yet.

Have fun trading!

• earthlydelights
    17 years ago

GYPSY ROMANCE
    {{gwi:1268932}}

hi everyone. shirley, nice to see ya here. stick around for a while. some of us were outcasts from a swap a few months back so carol and sue carried it over so we could all play nice. we have an excellent group here, if i do say so myself.

anita, are we choosing or are you assigning partners? i need to start reading lists. how was your mom's b/d party - was it a surprise?

my two new girls
    {{gwi:1268934}}
    (ignore the vacumm, i certainly do !!!!)

it is so dang hot here. i've had the air going for the last 3 days. i have no desire to be outside doing anything and i have several things that need to go in the ground and i am NOT on top of the weeds this year. in certain areas they are coming in fast and furious, and i'm not a sprayer.

be well all, stay cool, happy blooms

maryanne/earthly

• brittneysgran
    17 years ago

Susie-I sent the questionarie back to you. BTW did you get your plant markers yet? I have used most of mine already. Just love them.

Shirley

• skohler
    17 years ago

Hi Shirley
    Yes I recieved the questionar & Also the plant stake yes I love them may like to get more if we can later .

Well I want to take this time to do a update on the members list so everyone will know who is in our group .
    "All My Bloomin Friends"! It's time for the June Daylily swap!
    If you are in the Bloomin Friends group, and would like to participate, here's how this will work:
    Sign up here and post a wish list of 2-4 named Daylilies you'd like to receive.Please tell me if you want to send 2 or 4. After all have signed up that want to, I will pick partners. I will start a new thread of partner picks...I will choose who you will be sending to based on who I think you can make the happiest.
    NO NAME DAYLILY SWAP Will work the same way, For the ones that want to play but don't have named Hem's, You tell me when you sing up if you want on the NAMED OR NO-NAME LIST.Also tell me if you want to send 2 or 4

LIST OF BLOOMIN FRIENDS
    1. Nitelite
    2.theresa24
    3.grannymarsh
    4 uptresa
    5 Remy
    6 nyvoice
    7 debbya
    8 mellen
    9 veeja11
    10 amybabyboy3
    11 plantladyjan
    12 earthly
    13 Number_1_angel
    14 Beth_b_Kodiak
    15 Dancingmoon
    16 Skohler
    17Pattygrow5
    18 lunamoon
    19..sguanzon
    20.Giverny4me
    21 hummingbirddaisy
    22 Justpeachy I NeeD INFO ON
    23 Brittneysgram
    24 dale maybe ?? I NEED HIS REPLY

so who all is playing this month ?? please let
    our hostess ANITA Know who is in .

where is everyone this month anyway .
    I can hardly wait to know who to send to :))

well everyone have a great night I hope to see many signups by tomorrow :))

susie

• number_1_angel
    17 years ago

Wow-this took forever to load!!! I will have to sit this one out--I have no daylillys--I am however accepting any that have no homes:)--and have plenty of room to plant!!
    SUSIE--I found it!!
    Thanks
    Jeanette

• remy_gw
    17 years ago

Hi all,
    Welcome to Tina and Shirley!
    I have been psycho crazy digging and potting plants trying to get ready for the local exchange this Sat. I have an incredible pot ghetto going, lol. It has been so hot too. I was wrestling with a pussywillow shrub for MaryB(of the Traveling Daylilies)today. I though I was going to keel over,lol.
    MaryB is bringing me daylilies, so I think I'm going to go into the Two Named swap. But I would like to wait until after the exchange on Sat. and see what I receive, so maybe I can be sort of specific then. Did that just make sense? lol. Blame it on the heat if it doesn't!
    Remy

• giverny4me
    17 years ago

Hi Kids, well I think I have to sit this month out, my named daylilies are few and just getting established. Since named daylilies are new to me I am sure going to enjoy "watching" this month and getting ideas... have fun, y'all :)
    Susan/Giverny

• skohler
    17 years ago

I "M SO SORRY WHEN I COPIED TO PASTE THE NAMES
    i GUESS IT COPIES THE WHOLE & i DID NOT LOOK OR SEE THAT .
    PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR THE GOOF .

YOU ALL SHOULD KNOW ME BY NOW & KNOW I'M ONLY
    HUMAN :)) & DO MAKE MANY MISSTAKES .
    I WANTED JUST TO POST THE LIST OF THE NAME S .
    THANKS CAROL FOR POINTING THAT OUT TO ME :)))

well I must get my day going so have a great day .
    please let our hostess anita know .
    if your playing or not playing

susie

• brittneysgran
    17 years ago

I want to be in the June Swap. 4 named daylilies please.

Shirley

• nyvoices99
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi All,

Maryanne,
    Mom's party was a Bloomin success, She had NO clue:) I will be pairing up partner's. Please read below.

Remy,
    No problem, Mary B is a wonderful person, I got to meet her 2 years ago at a plant swap at Jo's (Juspeachy) house. Please read below:)

WELCOME Shirley:)

Susie & All,
    Our friend Jo's DH had a heart attack 2 days ago, He is OK, but, I did not think to ask Jo about this swap, So I would like to give her till Sunday, If I talk to her again before then I will update. She is VERY upset right now.

ALL UPDATES WILL BE ON THIS THREAD!!!!!

Sorry to see all the ones sitting out:(

So Far In We Have:
    (theresa24)Theresa--2-Named
    (skohler)Susie-????????Talk to me:)
    (veeja11)Carol--4-Named
    (amybabyboy3)Amy--2-Unnamed
    (squanzon)Sue --2 or 4 Unnamed
    (pattygrow5)Patty--4- Unnamed
    (remy)Remy--2-Named
    (plantladyjan)Jan--2-Named
    (beth b kodiak)Beth---2 or 4 Unnamed
    (mellen)Mary Ellen--2 or 4 Named
    (juspeachy)Jo--4 Named
    (grannymarsh)Marsha--4 Named
    (hummingbirddaisy)Tina--2 named or 4 unnamed
    (uptreasa)Treasa--4 Named
    (earthlydelights)Maryanne--4 Named
    (nyvoices99)Anita-4 Named

:)Anita off To Call Jo.

• dancingmoons
    17 years ago

Anita ~
    I will be sitting out this month
    Trish ~ DancingMoons

• skohler
    17 years ago

I will be in for both 2 unnamed 4 named ,
    is that what you wanted to know ????? :))
    or if you want I can send 4 unnamed & 2 Named
    where ever you can fit me in :)) .

susie

• grannymarsh
    17 years ago

Yea, what Susie said. I can do 2 named & 2 un-named or whatever will work out the easiest for all.

NOID

• veeja11
    17 years ago

Hugs to Jo and DH. what a year you are having my friend. It is time for only wonderful things to happen to you. maybe you will be blessed with a new baby Carol

• nyvoices99
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi All,
    I am not getting the post sent to my e-mail like I should, glad I came back tonight:)
    I got a message from Jo, SHE IS IN, I will update & pair you all up during rain intermission tomorrow.
    Have a great night all,

• skohler
    17 years ago

Granny I love that Noid , you will have a name for yours soon :)) I bet .

Siloam Little girl looks like :))

http://davesgarden.com/pf/finder/cultivars.php?sname=Daylilies&submit=Go

I do have one but it is not in bloom yet .

well getting ready to storm must go have a great night all .
    susie

• pattyp2257
    17 years ago

hi i would like to join i have four named and four unnamed i can send hope not to late patty

• grannymarsh
    17 years ago

Susie, don't believe it is Siloam Little Girl. The petals aren't shaped right . It's also quite tall. I'm happy just having it, not very concerned with the ID on it. It has a great scape count.

• juspeachy
    17 years ago

Hi All,

Treasa!!!!!!!,
    I checked your trade page, YOU HAVE NOTHING LISTED GIRL!!!
    I know you said in an earlier post you like large blooms, eyes and ruffles. But, how am I supposed to know if you may already have the ones I want to send? Please e-mail me,
    thanks(smiles)

Jo/juspeachy