Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
skohler_gw

update on djm906

skohler
17 years ago

recieved this email from doris's daughter

I trully feel doris needs Her gardening friends support

I'm sure after you read this you will also feel the same .

Please if there are any robins tht doris was signed up for & someone did not get their box let me know PLEASE.

I for one will get doris's addy & I Know she would love to hear from us .

susie

Deb, Doris' daughter here. She did receive some plants, from someone in GA.

She is again in the hospital.

She went in for a colonoscopy on April 14, during the procedure her colon was perforated. They had to do emergency surgery, and she was left with a colostomy. 5 days later, she wasn't getting better, they went back in and found a second tear in the colon, probably caused during the first surgery. She spent the next 2 1/2 weeks in Intensive Care, and has just been moved to a regular room this past week. She is healing, but very slowly. These two surgeries have really taken a toll on her. She has just started eating a soft diet, but has problems keeping much down. Physical therapy has had her sitting on the edge of her bed, but attempts to get her standing have not been successful. We don't know at this time how much longer she'll be in, she'll probably be going to a nursing home for therapy once she is discharged.

If you know of any trades, robins, swaps, that she is signed up for, could you please ask whoever is running them to skip her. I think it will be quite a while before she is ready for this again.

I'm sorry I didn't let someone know sooner. My brother had taken the box when it arrived and potted up the plants at his house for her, and he just said they were from someone in GA, and honestly, when she was in ICU, I didn't have time to go online when I got home.

Thanks for emailing,

Deb

Comments (6)

• beth_b_kodiak
    17 years ago

I'm so sorry to hear this. Is there an address where we can send cards? I have her home address and I guess someone checks there for mail but it would be easier for the family if we could mail cards direct. This has been a terrible time for Doris and her whole family.
    Thanks for letting us know Suzie.
    BB

• skohler
    Original Author
    17 years ago

just recieved this from deb hope it will help everyone
    Know she will love hearing from us :))
    susie

Hospital address is;
    Northwest Community Hospital
    800 W. Central Rd
    Arlington Hts, IL 60005
    Room 751 bed 2
    The hospital also has, on their website, free e-cards that can be sent to patients. They are printed out and delivered to the patient's room. The website is http://nch.netreturns.biz/CheerCards/
    I will try to keep you updated. It is sometimes a few days between when I can get on the computer.
    Thanks so much,
    Deb

• hummingbirddaisy
    17 years ago

Sending so much love, prayers and healing thoughts to Doris.
    I'm sure that if there are any trades owed from Doris, they are not expected (I hope I am not putting my foot in my mouth again here speaking from my heart?). Her health is much more important and we all just want her to get better.
    She has always been so thoughtful and generous, and we miss seeing her cheerful posts. Please convey that she is missed terribly and all her friends are pulling for her and love her.

Gods Blessings Doris and Deb

Gentle hugs, Tina

• number_1_angel
    17 years ago

Deb--Please let your mom know we are all praying for her--I am her partner in the 12 month card/seed swap--and I will miss her--but as Beth says--we will put her right back where she was--when she feels like it!!!
    Hang in there Doris--and come back soon!!!
    Jeanette

• amybabyboy3
    17 years ago

Deb, I am sorry to hear that your mom is so ill. I will keep her in my prayers. She was my pal for the New Years resolution. I sent her the plants for the new year resolution not that long ago from Georgia and I am happy that they arrived I wasnt sure if she had gotten them or not. Please tell her I hope she feels better soon. Amy

• Poochella
    17 years ago

DJM has been a wonderful pal to me on several occasions and it breaks my heart to hear of her repeated woes.

I don't think she or the family would mind if I shared her new location in case anyone cares to take the time to send a word of encouragement.

She is likely to be here 3-4 weeks:
    Doris Morey
    c/o Church Creek
    1250 W. Central Rd.
    Arlington Hts, IL 60005
    Room 103