Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cedarnest

May-Princess Of The Month *Susandonb*

cedarnest
17 years ago

Princess Susan(susandonb).....

*Imagine fancy graphics here* LOL I am sorry but I am puter illiterate when it comes to graphics.

Step up and accept your Tiara as I place it on your head for the month of May.Prepare to be pampered by your loyal subjects.

Hope you have a Wonderful Reign : ))

Please post here when you send your package out to princess Susan so she will know when to look for it.

Nancy

Comments (40)

• susandonb
    16 years ago

Thank you Nancy. I am very excited about this! May is my birthday month and my wedding anniversary month so I am looking forward to this.

Thank you everyone,
    Susan

• amyinms
    16 years ago

Two special days how cool is that! I hope your reign is a very special! How long have you been married?

Amy in MS

• susandonb
    16 years ago

Hi Amy,
    This will be our 5th. He is the one I was made for. I was married before for 16 years and have 2 sons from that marriage. Don has one daughter and we have a grandaughter that is 17 months old.

Looking forward to all the fun stuff this month.
    Susan

• amyinms
    16 years ago

What a sweet age for a grandbaby! I miss when my kids were that age (they are 8 and 11 now)

Happy Anniversary! and I hope you have an awesome birthday too!

Amy in MS

• diene
    16 years ago

Hello Sue;
    I am going to try to get your trinkets out tomorrow but I have had some challenges in the past few days. Hope you are enjoying your wonderful month, your majesty.
    Your humble subject; diene

• Michelle Reynolds
    16 years ago

hello
    I was going to try to get my boxes( one for nancy and one for susan) started this weekend but on saturday we got two notices from the city that someone in the neihbohood has complained that our yard in a public nusance. that the buckets behind our garage and pots stacked up next to the house and other verious gardening stiff (and to be honist some junk) and a dead bush behind the garage ( we can't see behind the garage from the house) the boys toys (all over the yard of course) and a stack of tires my boys use to play on, are unacceptibale and I was given 2 days to clean up my yard.

and I was informed my grass was longer than 10" so I was writen up for that too, I like my grass long and only mow every other week, I have some of the healthyest grass on the street and most of the other people hire someone to spray chems. on their lawn. I don't spray anything on mine.

so I have not had time to put together any boxes but I will I promise I will. I'm not starting off well but the boxes will be worth it.

on a good note I have found dozens of coneflower babys when I was weeding around the "mom".

and I saw my first hummingbird today, he came by and buzzed around my new hummer garden a few times, I was so happy.

well thats all for now
    later
    michelle

• cedarnest
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Princess Susan,I hope you are enjoying your Reign : ))I have your package all ready to go and will send it off 1st thing tomorrow morning.It will be shipped usps Priority #01038555749134653742. I hope you enjoy what I picked for you!
    Hugs,
    Nancy/cedarnest

• diene
    16 years ago

Your Royal Highness Susan;
    I hoped to send you gifts worthy of your exalted station but alas I am but a peasant. I was merely able to get a box of gifts from the earth out to you. I hope that my circumstances may alter significantly so I can acknowledge your birthday as it warrants.
    The confirmation number for my earthy offerings is 01038555749113725736. diene

• Debra Andruska
    16 years ago

Princess Susan,
    Your box was mailed out today by priority #0307 0020 0004 7458 2082. Enjoy your month!

Deb

• susandonb
    16 years ago

I have not been online for a few days. Having some health issues that I had to deal with but, it all seems to be working out well. I have had some scary Pap's in the past and had to go through that again but found out today it was good, siggghhhh of relief. Still have one more trip to Dr. next week to re-check another problem but hopefully it too will be ok.

I am looking forward to my gifts I am so blessed and humbled by you all. Such a wonderful group.

Don & I are having some real financial troubles and having to make some tough decisions, so we won't be having an Anniversary or B;day celebration due to lack of funds. But,,, we have this area in our yard that I have tried to turn into a prayer garden but could never afford to fill it with plants and mulch so that it looked like a garden. I have been trying for 3 years and it still loooked like a lawn with tall weeds (zinnias that I threw in there three years ago by seed). SO Don would get frustrated with it and drive over them all with the rider. Well, last week, my neighbor came over with a bunch of monkey grass, and various plants and a dump truck of mulch last weekend. Today Don & I put together a few trellises behind some roses I had in there, spread mulch and made a fountain out of some flower pots and rocks and an old water bubbler pump. Scattered about are some of the wonderful plaques and chimes I have gotten from this great group. I wish you could all see my prayer garden filled with bird feeders, a fountain, roses and herbs. It is gorgeous! Don and I are going to church Sunday, having a yummy anniversary dinner at home then sitting around the fire ring he built in the prayer garden and watch the stars.
    Who needs money!
    You are all a part of my prayer garden and I will think of each one of you everytime I sit there.

Love and Blessings to you all,
    Susan

• diene
    16 years ago

Good Morning Your Highness;
    Happy Anniversary. Your celebration sounds wonderful and special and will probably be one of the ones you remember forever. The joy of a good marriage is that you never face anything alone. How blessed you are. Enjoy. diene

• amyinms
    16 years ago

Susan

Isnt it wonderful how things turn out sometimes! It sounds like a lovely way to spend your anniversary!

I am so glad to hear your pap came back okay! thay must be such a huge relief to you both!

Happy happy anniversary!

Amy in MS

• susandonb
    16 years ago

Hello My Dear Friends,
    Well, I got a box from Deb yesterday with some wonderful bath gifts, a garden jewel hanger, glad bulbs, beautiful stationary and a Princess Jax game!

I also got my gift from Kathleen. She sent me a treasure trove of bulbs! I couldn't believe how many were in this box! I planted some today. I got pink daylilies, lots of glads, a lupine, dahlias and I know I am forgetting a couple.

Thank you both for the wonderful gifts, you are all so generous. We finished the Prayer garden today. Then I sat out there and dozed off for about an hour, listening to the water fountain trickle and the birds singing. I have about three bird feeders in it so I was surrounded by birds, they don't seem to mind us sitting there at all. I wish I had photo capability so I could post some, I am hoping to remedy that sometime this summer, long story.

Thank you again,
    Susan

• Michelle Reynolds
    16 years ago

hello
    I just had a little question for susan, do you still want blackberries? not that I'm gonna send any(wink, nudge) but I was just wondering if you did :)
    hope all moms had a great mothers day
    and non-moms had a good day too
    michelle

• Michelle Reynolds
    16 years ago

hello
    I'm afraid I need to drop out of this swap, I just went to the PO to send susan's box and last week it would have cost about$8, this week they wanted $17.30. I did not have that much and had to end up shipping parsal post ( the blackberrys might still make it) and that still cost over $11.
    I just don't have the money to pay for shipping anymore and still send a nice box, and I wont pay alot of money to ship a box of cheep stuff.
    but April and May are taken care of so you don't need to find a replacement for me till June.

Susan and Nancy please enjoy your gifts and everyone have a great summer.
    michelle
    ps I was so up-set about the cost I forgot to get DC# sorry

• susandonb
    16 years ago

Hi All,
    I received Nancy's box. It was great. Thank you Nancy.

Michelle, I understand completely. Sorry you have to leave the swap but that is why Iam not signing up for anymore. It is very sad that because of gas, postage and food, we little people can't have a bit of enjoyment in our life like hobbies like this. The world is very disappointing sometimes.

Sorry, a bit of venting. I am struggling with keeping my job because of gas prices. We live in such a rural area that I have to drive 35 miles one way to find a job, then gas takes a good chunk of my take home pay. But I can't even think of quitting cause as it is we barely make enough to pay our bills now.

Life is very hard sometimes.

Hope I havn't depressed or angered anyone, I know I could have it much worse.

Susan

• diene
    16 years ago

Hello Your Highness;
    I am sorry for you and your challenges. I think that things have become more difficult these days and the gas is certainly part of it. My father was lamenting the other day because he is retired and used to go for rides but cannot afford to anymore. It really is not right. I hope it does not spoil your month. Thanks Michelle for your efforts. I will contact Ann to see if she is interested and if not, I will post for a replacement. Please come and visit. Thanks diene

• Melinda Hagen
    16 years ago

Michelle--I certainly hate to see you go, but definitely understand!
    Susan-it is ok to vent! I know I am feeling the same way! It is an hour drive now to see my grandchildren and with the cost of gas, I can't go as much as I'd like and they can't either! Costs more to call in state than does out of state so that is also hard!
    I just am afraid things will get worse before better! But we still can enjoy the simple things in life and it sounds like you do!! Hurray for you! Sometimes being in the rat race is definitely not what it is cracked up to be! My greatest pleasures now are relaxing in yard and looking at flowers I've rec'd from special people and enjoying the beauty God gave us!
    Happy Anniversary month and Birthday month! I will be shipping my box soon. I will post when I do!
    Hope everyone has a wonderful evening! Melinda

• susandonb
    16 years ago

You all are so nice. Thank you for understanding. My neighbor just came over a few minutes ago with a bag full of garden animals for my new garden as a birthday present. I was so surprised. I recently arranged for her 17 year old daughter to get a job at the store I work at and she is doing great there. The critters look so nice in my garden. What a wonderful surprise.

Looking forward to the rest of my month!

Thank you,
    Susan

• susandonb
    16 years ago

Hi Michelle,
    I got your box today, Thank you soooo much! I planted the blackberries and love the birdhouse, scoop, feeder. The birdhoude will look great in my new garden.

Thank you again, I love everything.
    Susan

• amyinms
    16 years ago

Susan

I havent forgotten you by any means. Our computer died and I just got another and got her set up and back online :-) its a crazy crazy week as school just got out here and the transition for an autistic child is no fun at all I should just be happy he loves school so much LOL I will post as soon as I get it out

I am so glad you had a good birthday and anniverary in spite of everything. Life can be so tough sometimes :-( but at least we have our friends and our flowers. Hope you have a great week!

Amy

• diene
    16 years ago

Good Morning All;
    I am so confused!! I had sent a message to Marie asking if she wanted to take Michelle's place in this swap. She had expressed interest last time we posted so I thought she should have the right of first refusal. Well, no response but knowing the record of GW messages, I decided to send her a message directly. I had thought I had her e-mail address but when I sent the message, it was rejected. So I did send another one through GW. If we do not hear back by Friday, I vote to put another post out, anyone have another idea?
    Sorry to interrupt your birthday, your highness, with housekeeping issues. Hope everyone is well. The sun is shining here and while we had a frost last night, it is supposed to hit sixty today. I have a garage so I do not have to scrape my windows but I think that would be a very depressing start for a morning in May. diene

• susandonb
    16 years ago

Hello everyone,
    Having more health issues so I am home from work today. I had to go to the foot DR last Friday and he removed a very painful planters wart (had no idea I even had one) Well, it is hurting worse now and I was barely crawling around work yesterday so I had to stay off it today.

I was wondering has anyone heard of the site "Coupon Mom"? They featured it on our local news channel last week so I visited it cause it sounded good. Well, after signing up and searching for 90 minutes through the site to access coupons I found nothing. This morning I have 500+ spam emails from companies in my emial box. I am so angry. I wrote to the site and the news channel to complain.

I should have known it was a scam.

I hope everyone is having a great Spring. I made some black cherry preserves last weekend. Making a Pina Colada jam today and harvesting our beets this weekend and pickling them. Our garden is blowing out, we are really being blessed this season. We are growing Yukon Gold potates for the first time and they look so good, nice and healthy and huge plants. We planted 50 lbs of them.

Squash is coming and the cantalope and watermelon and pumpkin seeds just popped up. I am going to be making pickles in my sleep I went a bit overboard planting cucumbers! Go about 80 plants.

Well, got to get this foot up again.

Take Care,
    Susan

• Michelle Reynolds
    16 years ago

hello
    I'm sorry to hear about your problems susan, I wish you a speady recovery.

I think I may have overreacted to the price hike in the postage, I would love to stay. would it be ok if I used flat rate boxes, and sent mostly just plants and seeds, and not as many heavy gifts?

let me know and I can start looking for plants for next months princess.

susan, the good thing about having a foot problem is you can sit in the garden and enjoy.

have a wonderful day everyone
    michelle

• diene
    16 years ago

Hello Michelle;
    I had e-mailed Marie to see if she was interested and have not heard a word so please stay with us. I always use a flat rate box and then you can put anything in. Creativity is the key.
    Hello Your Highness,
    I am so sorry to hear that the glass slipper damaged your foot. I always thought they were overrated. I do hope you recover your dancing feet quickly.
    I know that Plantar's warts can be very painful but I thought once they were removed, the pain went away. I have never had one myself so I am living with others memories.
    I am amazed that you are harvesting things as I had to pull my tomatoes in the past two night because of frost. I still have daffodils and tulips.
    How things change!! diene

• Michelle Reynolds
    16 years ago

good morning your highness
    oh wise and grasious princess susan
    I hope your feeling better, and enjoying you new prayer garden, and you have many feathered friends visiting. we have several finch babys starting to fledge from the nest and they aren't very good at flying yet. the parents keep chirping and chattering at them, and they get upset if I'm out working and get too close.
    we also have two baby squirrels just out of the nest, and they don't understand about windows, one of them kept climbing up the screen yesterday. the cat was so excited he thought he was coing to get a squirrely for lunch.
    well have a great weekend, my birthday is sunday, I have always loved getting a long weekend for my birthday.
    see you later
    michelle

• susandonb
    16 years ago

Hello Friends,

Well, we pulled acouple of beets and they are still real small so I have decided to leave them in a wekk more. But I am making homemade baked beans to put up in the freezer and split pea soup. I doubt there will be any of this to put up since Don loves it and usually gobbles it up.

With so much frost damage to the fruit crops my jam making may be limited this year but I think I will go to SC to get peaches this year. As well as making some peach preserves I want to put up some peach mango salsa.

Happy Birthday Michelle! My sisters is the 28th.

My foot is better, thank you all.

Did anyone ever hear from Jenn? I may have missed the latest but was wondering?

Hugs,
    Susan

• amyinms
    16 years ago

Hi Princess Susan

The description of your cannig made me drool! I am bringing up the rear on boxes but in a fit of hysteria this weekend (story to follow)I moved a bunch of stuff around and now have to find your box and get it in the mail hopefully tomorrow but at the latest by Wed.

This weekend my 11 year old son lost his flippin mind! He was supposed to be riding around the block and when I went to call him for lunch I couldnt find him we looked for almost 2 hours and even called the police. He said he went to a friends house -didnt bother to tell me I was hysterical I didnt know if he was hurt or someone took him or what even the police were starting to panic-needless to say they gave him quite a talking to and he is in serious trouble with us. He couldnt figure out why coming in 5 hours after he went out was such a big deal. I was SO happy to see him and then I wanted to KILL him! :-) I was such a mess but in my trying to find his school picture I was going thru the closet like a rat terrier and therein was also the things for your box

Hope you have had a peaceful weekend!
    Amy

• Melinda Hagen
    16 years ago

Good morning Princess Susan! And all you other ladies!
    And no, Amy you are not bringing up the rear by yourself! I will be mailing my box today! Glad to hear your son is safe and home now.
    I will post dc # later when back from the po! Melinda

• pajohnso
    16 years ago

Oh boy, how did I forget about this one??? Mine will definitely be last, between getting everything planted in the garden and an infestation of aphids in the greenhouse I have had my hands full! Anyway, please forgive me and I will get your box to you soon.

Paula

• susandonb
    16 years ago

That is ok, Ladies, I understand hectic. Our garden is exploding. We got summer squash coming in a few days, snow peas are abundant, starting to make tomatos, potatos are flowering and everything else is just huge. I am really hoping the beets will be ready to pull this weekend. I am getting antzy to eat them and can the rest.

Looking forward to the rest of my goodies, and Thank you all for making this a wonderful month.

Susan

• Melinda Hagen
    16 years ago

OOPS! I forgot to let you know that I mailed your box the other day! PLMK when it gets there. I did do a dc # on it and it is in the car! I hope you enjoy ! Melinda

• amyinms
    16 years ago

Susan

I am so sorry your box leaves here in the morning. This is the first time I have sat down to the computer in 3 days we had a water leak in the kitchen wall -thank goodness Dallas knows how to fix it but it uncovered some undisclosed (by the former owner) issues in the kitchen so we had to gut the whole thing I am trying to cook for 5 on the grill and clean up in the bathroom sink.

Hope things are quiet in your neck of the woods!

Amy in MS

• Melinda Hagen
    16 years ago

Good morning ladies!
    Has anyone heard from Susan? I am worried about her. I sent a box last week and haven't seen a post on it or seen a new post yet for the princess of the month for June!
    I hope all is well and she rec'd the box. It shows it was delivered! I wish her the best and hope she is not ill!
    If anyone knows anything, plmk. Thanks, Melinda

• susandonb
    16 years ago

Hi Melinda and Ladies,
    I have been sick...again and havnt been on. Melinda, I received your box, Thank you. I loved everyhthing. I am sorry to be so quiet, just having a hard time lately. I have been missing way too much work and this has been hurting us financially but hopefully we will get caught up soon.

Thanks everyone for all the great boxes and fun month.

Susan

• amyinms
    16 years ago

Susan

You box is on the way I am so so sorry to have not gotten it out sooner :-( I am sorry to hear you havent been doing well-hope things turn around for you soon!

Hugs!

Amy in MS

• Melinda Hagen
    16 years ago

Susan, I thought maybe you were feeling bad or sick again! Wish I could have mailed you something to make you well! But then I would be rich, huh? !! LOL! I am glad you got the box and liked it!
    Hang in there and keep faith. It is hard times for many people in this day and age and will probably get worse at times! All we can do is keep faith and love one another and keep praying! Some day things will work out the way they are meant to! I am glad your month was a good one at times!
    Melinda

• susandonb
    16 years ago

Thank you all for being so understanding. We have some things in the works and hope things will get better by the end of the Summer for us. I am hoping my health will imrove soon too.

Thank you all again,
    Susan

• susandonb
    16 years ago

Hi Amy,
    I wanted you to know that I received your box today and it was completely demolished! The PO had to put it in a plastic bag to deliver it and hold it together. Most of the stuff was ripped open, broken or crushed. The package of Lindt was completely crushed and a melted mess, I had to throw it away. I am sorry this happened and thought you should know. If I were you I would go back to your PO and insist on a refund.
    Thank you for all the effort and the gifts.

Thank you,
    Susan

• diene
    16 years ago

Man don't you hate the Post Office!! I do not know if you want to waste your efforts Amy as I have never found them to be sympathetic and the aggravation makes it worse. How could they ruin Lindt chocolate, there ought to be a law against that!! I have had a distaste for them but now it is real hatred!
    Was there anything salvageable?
    Hope things get better for you Susan, both healthwise and life circumstances. You know they are probably connected but that doesn't make you feel better.
    I will keep you in my prayers and you know what they say about the prayers of a sinner.
    diene