Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
micyrey

NEW: FlutterBye Swap

Michelle Reynolds
16 years ago

hello

I would like to start another swap. This swap is for butterfly plants, and maybe a butterfly gift, but mostly just plants, or seeds (as long as the seeds are for fast growing plants like cosmos or zinnias). They can be cat host plants or flowers for the adults. here are the rules.

- send me your address.

- I will e-mail partners addresses and assign partners

on may 31st.

- shipping by June 20th at the latest

- DELIVERY CONFIRMATION FOR ALL PACKAGES

- priority shipping

- all plants, seeds, gifts,for butterflys

- if you find you can't send your box please let us know,

there are always some people that don't mind sending

another.

Don't feel you need to send gifts, this is mostly for plants, and feel free to post some wants it will help your partner decide what you would most like to receve. pack all plants well please if you don't know how just ask.

this is not a kids swap, but kids are welcome to join as long as they understand they will be getting mostly plants, not toys.

thanks

michelle

Comments (31)

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    16 years ago

hello
    I'll start us out.
    I have a large butterfly garden but I mostly need host plants fennel, and milkweed would be great. I never have enough zinnias eather. but any butterfly plants would have a place in my garden. the only color flower I don't realy like is pink, other than that I'm open for most anything.
    something shiny to put in the garden would be great too.
    well thats all for now
    see you later
    michelle

• rosebud_2050
    16 years ago

Hi Michelle
    sign me up for this one, I just cant resist it.I have just been making a list for plants I need for the butterflies.
    Shirley

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    16 years ago

hello
    I will not be able to hold this swap.
    I went to the PO today to ship a package that last week would have cost me about $8, today it was going to cost my $17.30, I can not afford to ship plants any more.
    sorry to have to cancel this swap, but I just don't have that kind of money
    michelle

• fgirl21
    16 years ago

Michelle

What about using the flat rate boxes? There are some decent sized ones that ship out for $8.10 no matter how heavy or where they're going. You can get the boxes FREE (they're co-sponsored by Ebay).

Just a thought because I appreciate how expensive it gets!

• poisondartfrog
    16 years ago

That's what I was thinking fgirl21. I usually find I can ship more in a larger box for the same money as flat rate, but I have not tried it since the rate change. Flat rate might be the best option now.
    Also, you could eliminate the non-plant items and get down to the essence of what makes a butterfly garden anyway, the seeds and plants. If you change your mind and decide to go that route I would be interested.
    Alana

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    16 years ago

hello
    well if we keep it to just plants and seeds ( no gifts), and a flat rate box( they are around $9 now, but I was told if you pay online and have them picked up DC maybe cheeper or evan free). I droped out of the two monthly swaps I was in so this will be the only box I'll be sending next month.
    I have lots of baby cone flowers, and they are very light.
    so we'll try to go ahead and do this one.
    I realy wanted more butterfly flowers.

and fgirl21 as far as packing, wrap the roots of the plants in wet(not dripping)paper towle or newspaper, then wrap in plastic wrap or plastic bags. line the whole box with a plastic shopping bag to keep the box from getting soggy.

if you have any questions or segestions let me know
    michelle

• fgirl21
    16 years ago

Well then - count me in.
    I have butterfly attracting flowers,host plants - and seeds. And I'm happy to share AND to have MORE!

My butterfly beds are in pinks, blues and purples.

We have a bench (it's an arbor bench) nestled in amongst the flowers so that we can sit quietly to observe.

The beds are mostly in full sun but they blend into a full shade area. The full shade area houses my daughter's new fairy garden.

Michelle

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    16 years ago

hi all
    well sofar we have
    1. me
    2. rosebud 2050 - shirley
    3. fgirl21 - michelle
    4. poisondartfrog - alana

we still have a long time for sign ups yet.
    michelle

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    16 years ago

hello
    we still have a week for sign-ups, but don't worry girls evan if we only have the 4 of us we'll still have a good swap
    michelle

• poisondartfrog
    16 years ago

No worries! I already have a good idea of what I am sending, a combination of host and nectar sources, and I am really looking forward to it.
    Alana

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    16 years ago

hello
    I got pisondartfrog's address,
    fgirl and rosebud please send yours, would you like to keep the pals secret? I think that is fun, you wont know who is sending till you get it.
    thanks michelle

• poisondartfrog
    16 years ago

Sounds like fun!

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    16 years ago

hello
    rosebud has not contacted me I sent an e-mail and there was no responce.
    so it looks like its just the three of us, but thats ok.
    I'll send you your buddy address tonight.
    michelle

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    16 years ago

hello
    shirley just e-mailed me so we are back up to 4.
    I'll be sending you all e-mails with your pals name and address soon.
    please post when you send your package, delevery conf.# and when you receve your package. remember no gifts just seeds and plants, if you must send a gift make it small, we don't want anyone to have to pay too much on shipping.
    and please feel free to post wants.
    I'll be in touch
    michelle

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    16 years ago

hello
    I have sent you all e-mails with your buddy and address
    please let me know if you did not receve it
    thanks michelle
    I was looking through my yard today and I have lots of great plants to send

• fgirl21
    16 years ago

Hi Michelle

I don't have an email from you...checked the spam folder too. Can you resend please? fgirl21@hotmail.com

Michelle

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    16 years ago

hello
    michelle (fgirl21)
    I sent you another e-mail let me know if you don't have it.
    aren't 'puters great.
    michelle

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    16 years ago

hello
    my box will be going out tomarrow.
    hope you all had a good weekend
    michelle

• poisondartfrog
    16 years ago

"Someone's" package went out today. Confirmation number 01038555749016632940. Enjoy it!
    Alana

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    16 years ago

hi all
    my box is on its way too.
    who ever gets it please let me know when it gets there.
    have a great day
    michelle

• rosebud_2050
    16 years ago

hi
    my box will be mailed in the morning...
    Shirley

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    16 years ago

hi
    I got my box, I got my box yayyyyyy
    I love all the host plants, they are what I realy needed.
    I will move some lilys out of a whisky barrel and plant most of them there.
    and an extra special thanks for the info sheet you sent, it will help alot.
    so lets see what was in the box:
    pawpaw
    shasta daisy
    purslane
    milkweed
    loosestrife
    fennel
    verbena
    lantana
    and seeds too
    zinnia
    bach buttons
    aesclepias
    marigold
    again thank you, thank you, thank you.
    and my butterflys thank you
    you seem to know alot about butterflys, do you ever post on the butterfly page? I have been reading it alot latly and I'm learning many new things about butterflys.
    michelle

• fgirl21
    16 years ago

I got a box today!
    I haven't opened it yet....had to get my daughter dinner first (sometimes I AM a good mom!). Not sure if I'll open it while she's around or wait until after bedtime to savor every item in there.

And the box I'M sendiing off to............................
    is going out tomorrow morning!

Michelle

• rosebud_2050
    16 years ago

Michelle ,
    what a nice box of plants .your butterflies and hummers will be soooo happy.I mailed my box this morning and heres the dc# 03063030000082395318.
    Shirley

• fgirl21
    16 years ago

I mailed a box off this morniing

DC# 0306 3030 0000 7188 3475

Now - as to what I received (it is SO exciting opening a box of plants!!) The box is away from me right now so if I forget something....

mondarda
    coneflower
    coreopsis
    Bachelor button
    Rudbeckia
    Rocky Mountain penstemon

There is a plant and I can't quite make out the name or sleuth it out on the internet. Paradoxia yellow - is on one side of the label and something like "cutting" is on the other side. HELP?

And a bunch of seeds that I am very excited about too! Lantana and fennel and monarda and cosmos and zinnia and...oh there's more. I love seeds!

So guess what I'm doing this afternoon? PLANTING!!

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    16 years ago

hello fgirl
    I'm so glade you liked you plants and seeds.
    the paradoxia yellow is a coneflower, it's s'posed to be realy frilly. this was lots of fun, and I hope to do it again some time.
    happy planting michelle

• fgirl21
    16 years ago

Ah! Thank you! I couldn't find any information on it - I'll be excited to watch for it!

And there was more than one type of coreopsis!!! I thought it was one big plant until I opened the container to plant! WOO HOO!!

Everyone is happily ensconsed in a new home and has had a good long drink of water

• poisondartfrog
    16 years ago

Shirley, I got my box today and I love it! Thank you so much.
    This is what it contained:
    Mexican Petunia-I have never grown this one. I believe I will try it in a pot and winter it over. Love new stuff!
    Red perennial Salvia, another one I do not have. The hummers will rejoice!
    Sweet autumn clematis. I know just where it goes.
    Lantana in a color I do not have. Lantana is one of my favorite things!
    Best of all to me, Salvia Black and Blue. I have wanted this for a while, just was not in the budget this spring as I have been unemployed for a bit.
    There was also a wind sock. I've never had one. It will be fun to try. There was also a pink butterfly and a cute little bowl and saucer made like flowers. Whimsical flowers are the theme of my daughter's wedding. I will be using these at her reception.
    Thank you again! Alana

• rosebud_2050
    16 years ago

Hi Alana
    I am so glad you like the plants I chose.You will LOVE the black and blue salvia,the butterflies do.I just love those little plates shaped like flowers,they would also make cute birdfeeders.I chose a couple for me also LOL...congratulations on your daughters upcoming wedding.I think the flower themes is a great idea.
    Shirley

• rosebud_2050
    16 years ago

Michelle I got my box today!!!!michelle sent me helianthus,agastache,hyssop,asclepias incarnata 'ice ballet',penstemon , all of the plants looked so good when I opened the box.she also sent a bunch of seed,and two mary engelbreit note cards.I really love them all.and it rained today for the first time in a few months,so they will be very happy.thank you so much for everything ,I really enjoyed this swap...
    Shirley

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    16 years ago

hello everyone
    well it looks like we have all gotten our boxes, and we all got some great stuff for out little friends.
    over the weekend timmy was able to catch 5 diffrent kinds of butterflies red adrmeral, cabbage white, sulfer, tiny blue, and one I have never seen up close a snout, and yes it has a large snout.
    we have a lot of fun looking them up to find out their names.
    this swap was lots of fun too. thank you all for being such great traders. I will be posting good reviewes for all of you.
    thanks have a great summer
    michelle