Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flwrs4ever

UPDATE: June Birthday Buddies..Bday Extravaganza

flwrs4ever
14 years ago

This swap, continues...New Sign ups will be taken for DECEMBER, our Christmas SWAP !!

Happy Birthday to ALL our June Buddies, enjoy Mailboxing !

Piksi_hk June 4

godsgardener June 16

Lindaruzicka June 17

rbrady June 17

LisaM627_Ohio_z6 June 27

mao_tse_mom June 28

Kamil Jabonowski June 28

yotetrapper June 29

Kamil, is going to be going away...so PLEASE..send to him at the beginning of the month, if at all possible.

PLEASE DO NOT MAIL, IF SOMEONE DOESNT POST A WISH LIST !

JUNE BABIES, PLEASE POST YOUR WISH LISTS ! BEFORE JUNE 1ST.

(OK, DAN..GO AHEAD AND POST, KNOW YOU WANT TO...HA HA, WE NEED A NEW CAKE :) )

Comments (84)

• piksi_hk
    14 years ago

Thank you all for the lovely birthday cards and wishes!

Kim sent me a card with loofah and birdhouse gourd seeds even with her hubby ill. A very big thank you to you Kim, and I'm prayering for ya'll.

I got some cleome and hyacinth bean vine seeds from Sue.
    Postage was fine, no postage due. Thank you, Sue. I sowed all my cleomes but only a couple came up...so yours will go in the ground this week.

Thanks, Linda, for the black-eye Susie's and white poppy. Can't wait to sow them. Also some lovely flower stickers; I'll put them in my flower album.

You all make my B-day very special.

Betsy

• shropshire_lad
    14 years ago

Hi Betsy (piksi_hk)!

Hope it was awesome!
    JJ

• carol57078
    14 years ago

Happy birthday Betsy!!!

• carol57078
    14 years ago

I received another card in the mail yesterday. Divahether sent yarrow, cantabury bells, black peony poppy, coleus,and carnations. Thank you very much, Carol

• Melinda Hagen
    14 years ago

Just stopping in to say hello to all the June birthday's!
    I hope it is a wonderful one for all! I will be a little late in sending, but will be hopefully done before the month is out!
    Enjoy your days!! Melinda

• piksi_hk
    14 years ago

Received a lovely hand-made card with cutouts of a butterfly and flowers from Michelle, micyrey,
    and a hand-made pouch filled with packs of seeds: kiss me over the garden gate, agastache, abutilon and "brazilian fireworks" (never heard of this one but excited to try them)and couple of plant markers.
    Thank you so much, Michelle, for making my day.

Betsy

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi everyone, what is going on in your garden ??? what do you have in bloom ? Is your WS babies planted ??

I have been doing a lot in the yard with help..it is looking good !! I got a new cement bench for moms day, it is in the new bed out front of the house. Hubby has the pond almost complete..

I am doing a plant swap Sunday at the house...I am soo looking forward to it..would you all like to come ?

Miss chatting with ya, post how you are when you have time.

Kym

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    14 years ago

Hi Kym,

I mailed two very special packages(you got one today) to b-day buddies this month and I haven't heard from either one on this forum. Do you think a private email would be okay to ask if the package made it?

Lisa

• alwaysagarden
    14 years ago

Hi Kym, Hi All,
    Well my garden has been growing pretty slow this year. I like to plant alot of wildflowers because it gets really hot 100+ in my area in Summer and I need flowers that can tolerate the heat and not need tons of water. Our weather has continued to be very mild, which is very unusual for June! I'm seeing growth but not alot of blooms yet. Can't believe I'm saying this but am actually looking forward to weather heating up! I'm not a hot weather person but my plants are... lol.
    Red Flax is looking gorgeous,really pretty red blooms, my first year growing it. Also Johnny Jump ups are popping up all over and blooming. I am seeing the results of my first year of winter sowing. Those that I did winter sow and transplanted into flower beds are so much bigger and healthier than those I directly seed sowed. Well I'm a believer now and I plan on doing alot more winter sowing the end of the year!
    Hope everyone is doing well and having a great time in there gardens. Summer is just around the corner... already!!

Cindy : )

• lindaruzicka
    14 years ago

I received a lovely handmade card from Michelle/micyrey. It had the cutest handmade seed holder in it. The seeds were: rudbeckia Autumn colors, birdhouse gourds (I've never grown these, they look like fun!)Layenne pepper and rudbeckia Irish eyes. Thank you so much Michelle, I'll be popping these in my garden today!.."S"

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    14 years ago

Lisa m,

I saw your posting on the Larry's iris thread, the iris was a B-day gift for this swap! Please don't send any postage money!!!

Lisa

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    14 years ago

Good Morning All.

A fellow pedal pusher was peeking in at the unnamed iris group and saw a posting from Kim, plant on om me's sister.

Kim's husband went in for his risky surgery. I'm sad to say that she lost him on Thursday. She said that it was very peacful and he was surrounded by his family at his passing.

Kym, flowers4ever, would you mind sending an email out with Kims addy so that I can send her a card? There is also mention on the unnamed iris thread about sending Kim some things to keep her busy[plants) when the burial is all over. I know that I have iris stairway to heaven and jacobs ladder stairway to heaven to send to Kim should she decide to do a memorial garden. Please take a peek around and see if you have something that could be shared with Kim when she's ready to join us again.

Lisa

• lisam627_ohio_z6
    14 years ago

Hi All...

First...Lisa (Ishareflowers), I'm sorry I didn't realize the iris was for this BD Exchange - as I had also signed up for an extra "Ohio" representative earlier in Larry's Iris thread too. I already sent you a thank you note for Larry and the postage I think last Wednesday or Thursday...but please...NO NEED to return it to me. It's your sweet thoughtfulness that matters to me, and I do very much appreciate your kind gift of those very special tubers. I have planted them in a very special place where they will receive a lot of care and I'm really looking forward to seeing the flowers next year! Many thanks, Lisa!!!!!

Also, I have received a couple more cards that deserve thanks.

Micyrey sent me the cutest handcrafted card with a darling handmade felt pouch which contained seeds and plant markers. She sent me Zinnia Dahlia mix, Lemon Basil, Acanthus Salvia Lyrata, Acanthus Mollis, and Amaranthus. Thanks so much, Michelle - I love everything!!!

Dan the Mailman sent me a card that just makes you want to keep smiling! It contained Aster Crego mix, Agastache Blue Fortune and Summer Ball F1 Hybrid Courgette from T&M. I will get these all planted right away - and am looking forward to harvesting the summer pumpkins. Thanks bunches, Dan!!!

Smiles,

Lisa

• lisam627_ohio_z6
    14 years ago

Kim...(Plant one on Me), I am so sorry for your loss.
    You and your family have my sincere sympathy. - Lisa

• lindaruzicka
    14 years ago

oh, by the way, my zip is wrong on my mailing addy. It's listed as 19033 but it's 15644..wonder where the 19033 is located at?.."ponddering"...have to check it out..now I"m curious!

• nikkineel
    14 years ago

I received a pretty card and seeds: scabiosa beujolais bonnet, limelight 4:00, and gloriosa daisy from Monica today. Thanks Monica, I love them all. I'm especially excited about the 4:00 - I haven't seen this color before:) Nik

• piksi_hk
    14 years ago

I got a very funny card from Dan; it made me smile from ear to ear. Along with it were various cosmos seeds, orange trumpet, and tecoma stans. Thank you for making my birthday so memorable.

Betsy

• lisam627_ohio_z6
    14 years ago

I received a card today (really cute!) from Mommyto2 (Monica). She sent Marigold SnowDrift, Marigold French Vanilla (they are going straight in the tomato garden!) Japanese Morning Glory Hatsu Arashi, Japanese Morning Glory Purple with White Edge (will plant by my new fence) and Dianthus. Wow - thanks so much Monica, you're the best! - Lisa

• dan_the_mailman
    14 years ago

19033 is Folsom Pennsylvania, Linda. Did you happen to get my envie? Or did it go elsewhere perhaps? If I get it back, I'll resend it with the correct zipcode.

• rbrady
    14 years ago

Hi everyone! Finally getting back on-darn computer was acting up again. I just wanted to say that I have had fun mailboxing! Everyone is so awesome! I have received so far: From Mickrey/Michelle a lovely homemade card and seedholder along with some onion and oregano seed, from Ishareflowers/Lisa some of Larry's iris, Lindaruzicka/Linda (my birthday twin) I received a really cute card some nice stickers and 2 different kinds of Columbine, dan the mailman/Dan sent me a funny card with Toothache plant, Limelight 4oclocks, and baby's breath and mommyto2/Monica sent me an adorable card that had Columbine,Salvia, Agastache, dwarf red coreopsis, and 4oclock limelight.

Thanks to everyone for thinking of me this month, I can't wait to start the seeds, I plan to do some summer sowing.

This has been so fun-thanks again everyone!

Rhonda

• suecirish
    14 years ago

Happy birthday Linda and Rhonda... Hope you both have a wonderful day! Since there are two of you you can share the cupcakes and balloons.
    Enjoy, Sue

• carol57078
    14 years ago

Kim, my thoughts are with you, so sorry to hear the news.

I received a card from Margarita 10 with marigold and lobelia, thanks.
    mommyto 2 sent Japanese morning glories(two kinds) and zinnia profusion, both were on my want list. Doing a happy dance.
    Thank you both for the birthday wishes, Carol

• lindaruzicka
    14 years ago

"singing Folsum Prison Blues"..nope I haven't received your envie yet Dan..maybe today. The one that I received from Michelle had the zip corrected, that's why I checked the addy....hmmmm....wonder where it might end up at?

Happy birthday Rhonda! It's nice having a birthday twin!.."S"

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Happy Birthday Linda and Rhonda !!! Wishing you a new year full of flowers, fun, love, and friendship !

Andrea, I tried mailing to you many times, and they keep coming back to me...

I wanted to THANK all of you for keeping this swap going, and for the wonderful friendships !!

You all mean the world to me !

Kim, you are in all of our thoughts and prayers and will be here for you when you return.

• lindaruzicka
    14 years ago

okay..so you get a birthday bubble from Dan and open it up. Inside, in BIG LETTERS it says..BE CAREFUL!!..now do you..
    a. immediately dunk it in a container of water
    b. shake it gently and listen for ticking
    c. open it gingerly over a napkin and pray nothing creepy crawly falls out....

"G"
    Thanks Dan for the mixture of seeds, JApenese Lilies (never planted these before), the pink astilbe, the firecrackers and puprle dragon carrots (are they really purple?) and I've answered yes to a good many questions on the card..."L"

• riley17
    14 years ago

Kym, I tried sending you a couple emails about the pinata box and who I'm sending to this month but it sounds like you are having some email problems. I'm just not sure who to send it to next and I need an address.
    Thanks,
    Holly

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    14 years ago

riley the only time I dont get an email is THRU GW...please dont use the GW form. The email problem was only when I tried to send to Andrea..I get over 100 emails a day...and send out about half..no trouble with them.

Please email me without using GW, as half the time they dont go thru. thanks so much.

Kym

• riley17
    14 years ago

Ah, that would be why then because I went through GW.
    Ok, I will send you one without GW.
    Thanks!

• colcol
    14 years ago

Hello Everyone! And wishing June BDs a happy month here! Looks like several are yet to come up! :)
    I am keeping up my reputation of sending towards the latter part of the month! I am sending my one for this month out in tomorrows mail. Wish i could do every one.
    What a month! June's almost gone!
    Wishing everyone the best,
    colcol

• piksi_hk
    14 years ago

I received a very unexpected and much appreciated package from Carol57078. I thought I may have forgotten to ship a trade...what a lovely surprise...another birthday card and iris plants!!! Thank you, thank you, Carol. It's been a great birthday month thanks to all of you.

Betsy

• lisam627_ohio_z6
    14 years ago

I received a cute card from Lindaruzicka with flower stickers and Cilantro seeds, Flat leaf Italian Parsley seeds and Dianthus Sweet William seeds. Thanks so much, Linda - I love everything!

Also, I received from Suecirish a darling birthday card with Coreopsis "Early Sunrise" seeds and New England Aster seeds. Thanks bunches Sue - I can't wait to see these guys growing and blooming! - Lisa

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi everyone, can You BELEIVE we are in SUMMER, and going into the BIG JULY month , whoo hoo !!

I apologize for being a bit behind on posting July thread, I know you all deal with things in your lives..and are busy...so please dont take this as a complaint..but I took a real bad fall last weekend, and have been bed ridden for the week. So PLEASE understand....and hang in there with me.

PINATA UPDATE.....IT IS ON THE WAY TO MEEEEEE, THANKS SOO MUCH TO YOU ALL FOR PARTICIPATING, AND I CANT WAIT TO SEE THE JOURNALS !!!!!

Happy Birthday to all the JUNE BUDDIES !!!

• lindaruzicka
    14 years ago

I received in the mailbox some fun surprises!
    Sue (sueirish) sent a lovely birthday card with white swan coneflowers and Christmas Eve hosta. They're both going in the ground today!
    Lisa (lisam627_ohio-z6) sent a card with birthday wishes inside and Daylily "Pardon ME" (I can't wait to look this up) and White swan coneflowers. I've never grown the white swan so I"m excited to see how they do.
    J.J. (shropshire_lad) sent a fun birthday card with hisbiscus "Luna", milkweed, asters "tigerpaws mix" and Auntie's rose. My garden is going to look awesome!

Thanks everyone!

• dan_the_mailman
    14 years ago

When this swap first started, I kept thinking..."What have I gotten myself into? A year-long swap commitment? What was I thinking???" And now, after seeing all the cool cards and boxes everyone has received so far, MY month is only a couple of months away! Excitement??? You betcha! I think it's so cool to see what everyone else has sent, and it really perks me up when someone posts that they've received something from me and what they're going to do with it! Especially when it's seeds I harvested from my garden last year! That kind of makes me feel like my garden is spanning the nation, know what I mean? Now I know that, when we're done with this swap, I'm going to be thinking "Now what am I going to do? We just started this swap, and now it's over???" ((GRIN))
    Being a part of this birthday group, celebrating each month, being able to surprise a few people with something for their garden, playing with the pinata, and yes, "baking" all those birthday cakes (lol), has been a source of fun for me these past months, and has helped me to keep it all together. And, this morning, I just wanted to let you all know that being a part of this has made me feel good, and I wanted to thank you all.
    -Dan

p.s. The July cake is ready, and I would appreciate some help in keeping Linda's fingers out of the frosting! LOL!

• suecirish
    14 years ago

I'm with you, Dan! This has been a fantastic swap. I have made it a point to send something they wanted to everyone, and it has been great fun to see their responses and reactions posted on the threads. It really makes you feel good to be the reason behind a few birthday smiles. And it makes you feel more connected to our fellow GardenWebbers. It's a shame that people have dropped out - especially those who do so after they have received for their birthday month! I'm sure that there are some folks who just can't continue to participate for a number of legitimate reasons, and I am really sorry for them.

My birthday is coming up in July, and I'm very excited and SO looking forward to my turn to do some mailboxing. And, of course, having a piece of my cake. Now to go try to put together a wish list. Hmmmm...

• Melinda Hagen
    14 years ago

Just a quick -very late- Happy Birthday to all the June birthday people! I was reading through and thought I had posted a couple times, but can't find them!
    This has been a bad month for me, so haven't done any cards, but will be sending some late! Better late than never, I suppose!
    Hope this has been a great month for everyone else!
    Melinda

• lindaruzicka
    14 years ago

ME?..fingers in frosting???..."wide eyed innocent look on face"

• piksi_hk
    14 years ago

Cindy, alwaysagarden,

I just opened your envelope today...my son must have gotten the mail (don't know when) and it was not in the usual place for mail! Thank you so much for the lovely card, wishes, and seeds. I can certainly use the zinnia seeds.
    What a fantastic birthday for me. Thanks ya'll.

Betsy

• ncgardengirl
    14 years ago

Hello everyone,
    I wanted to apologize for being MIA , I have been busy with EVERYTHING for the last couple of months.
    I am trying to get my new yard situated along with potting up babies I either started from seeds or received from the large swaps I have been in.
    I also need to get my seeds oragnized again becuase I went through them and sort of sorted them into plant now, hold till fall, send out and so on a so forth and thanks to ME they are now all in different areas and sort of harder for me to FIND lol.
    I am planning on starting some more seeds this coming week and hopefully after that I will have time to catch up and send out some things to some folks! I see some haven't been getting as many surprises as others have so I would like to try to go back and see who has gotten what and send out some things.
    THIS being said I am sure it will take me a while to get this done but KNOW I will be getting some cards out to some of you even if they will be very late! Hey, at least you will have something to look for LOL.

I am glad to see those of you who are still committed to this group, I am sure it makes Kym happy to know that some of us are die hard members!

Ok well gotta go get some more things done, I just wanted to come in an apologize to those of you that I haven't gotten to say happy birthday too, and to let you know I haven't forgotten ANYONE, I have just had a VERY VERY VERY busy season.
    Kym knows this as I do get to talk to her sometimes on the messenger!

SO HAPPY Birthday to those of you I have missed! I am sooo sorry. I hope you had great Bdays and are still enjoying this swap!

:) Fran

• piksi_hk
    14 years ago

I can't believe June is over...but I'm still getting birthday cards: Proudgm_3, Becky, sent a colorful card with cleome seeds and dahlia seeds. Becky, I really needed some more of the cleome; can't understand why they didn't grow for me.
    Can't wait to try the dahlia too. I have only one dahlia plant "Arabian Night" and I love it. Thank you so much.

Lisa, Lisam627_ohio_26, also sent me surprises: malva z. and purple star morning glory. Don't have either one in growing in my garden so thank you for sharing these with me.

It's been a very special birthday month...thanks Kym for starting this whole swap.

Betsy

• lindaruzicka
    14 years ago

I received a lovely birthday card from Becky, proudgm_3, with hibiscus "dancing in the garden", "southern belle" and hardy red. I'll have to look the first two up to see what they look like..I always think that's part of the fun! Thanks so much Becky!

• lisam627_ohio_z6
    14 years ago

I received two more cards! One from Highalttransplant (Bonnie)who sent me some Alma Paprika Pepper, Marigold Safari Primrose, Asclepias Tuberosa, Purple Ruffles Basil and Lime Basil. I couldn't be more pleased - thanks a million, Bonnie!!!

From Proudgm_03 (Becky) I received Coreopsis Tinctoria, Celosia Pink Candle, Celosia Burgundy and Marigold Sweet Cream! Wow - what a great gift of seeds you sent me, Becky! Thanks so much!!!! - Lisa

• piksi_hk
    14 years ago

I thought it was over but my month got extended one more day:) Thanks to Holly who sent me some crimson rambler morning glory and oriental poppy seeds. Thank you, thank you, Holly; looking forward to sowing these.

Betsy

• shropshire_lad
    14 years ago

Betsy,
    Your birthday month is going to be extended even further because I still haven't mailed yours out (I mailed it twice before but it came back both times because of stamp issues...then I forgot about it for a week!), but it's coming soon. I promise!
    JJ

• rbrady
    14 years ago

Hi everyone! Had a great week mailboxing! suecirish sent me a sweet card with Masterwort and Aquilegia. Proudgm_03 sent a lovely card with Aster seeds and Colcol sent me a box with a card that had 4 different kinds of Iris in it. It has been such a great month-everyone has been so great! Thanks for the cards and wishes and soon to be flowers!

Rhonda

• lisam627_ohio_z6
    14 years ago

I want to thank Margarita10 for sending me the lovely birthday card and Crimson Giant Radishes, Orange California Poppy, Zinnia Lilliput Mix and Sweet William Tall Double Mixed Colors! I love everything! - Lisa

• piksi_hk
    14 years ago

I received a huge package of seed from Shropshire_lad...JJ,
    so many different seeds, many I don't have. So thank you for making my B-day in June also in July!

You are all so generous.

Betsy

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    14 years ago

Good morning all!

I'm a little behind in seed sending this month. I have one card going out today and will work on some more in the next few days.

Happy b-day to all the July and December babies!

Lisa

• threas
    14 years ago

Kym, I hope you are feeling better!
    I'm going thru seeds, getting ready to mail cards this week.
    Happy Birthday again to all the July & Dec. babies!

Theresa

• lisam627_ohio_z6
    14 years ago

I so happy to report that I received two more cards for my birthday. Thanks so much to DIMPLES 31312 (Dorothy) for sending me Marigold Crackerjack Mixed, Datura Purple and white, and Giant Red Leaf Spinach and to MARGARITA10 for sending me Sweet William,Zinnia Lilliput,California Poppy - Orange, and Radish Crimson Giant. Thanks again ladies!! - Lisa

Sponsored
Virginia Kitchen & Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars151 Reviews
Virginia's Award Winning One Stop Kitchen & Bath Remodeling Resource