Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
southerncharm1_gw

I.H. June Swap: 'Mystery Madness'

southerncharm1
14 years ago

Incredible Heirlooms Presents:

This month we will be swapping Heirloom seeds and extras that are on our partners wish list. Please make sure your wish list is updated as your partner that you will be receiving from will be a SECRET! hehe Please also include on your wishlist what you are in to, IE favorite color, kitchen theme, garden theme or decorations, anything in particular that you enjoy or favorites and don't forget the things you dislike IE scents, colors, certain veggies/fruits etc.
Swap Info and Requirements

*Send your partner 6 packets of seeds, they can be opened packets but must be the equivalent of 6 new packets.

*Seeds can be anything from your partners wish list that produces something edible. Veggies, Fruit, Herbs, Flowers etc.

*Please send your partner an extra that you think they would like based on their likes posted on their wish list.

*Partners will be chosen on May 20th and emailed to you privately. :)

*Final send out date is June 6th.

*Please use Delivery Confirmation when you send to your partner and email it to me privately. :)

*Keep everything a secret! Don't let your partner know who you are until they receive from you. At this time you can post what you got and who you received from.

Happy Secret Swapping!

~Kathy/SC1~

Comments (11)

• booberry85
    14 years ago

I love a good surprise! I've been looking forward to this one. Count me in!

• highalttransplant
    14 years ago

In the next six weeks, we have our wedding anniversary, Father's Day, three birthdays, and two visits from family members, soooooo needless to say my swapping resources will be a bit limited. However, I think this one will be so much fun that I can't resist!

Bonnie

• southerncharm1
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Becky glad to have you! :) I knew you would join this one. hehe

Bonnie, sounds like you will be busy busy! :D Glad that you decided to join the fun. :D

Participants are:
    SouthernCharm1/Kathy
    Booberry85/Becky
    Highalttransplant/Bonnie

• booberry85
    14 years ago

As people know, I'm a nosy Nellie! So what do you like to grow in your garden? All heirlooms? The weirder the better? All one color? Are there veggies you just have to grow every year?

Inquiring minds want to know! Oh, and because I'm so nosy, I also try and solve the mystery before the mystery is over!

Are we allowed to post hints as to who our partner is when the time comes?

• ejmoore510
    14 years ago

Count me in!

Joan

• booberry85
    14 years ago

Just an FYI

I was stunned to see just how much Baker's Creek was sold out of. I'm also frustrated with the lack of choices locally for OP or heirloom corn. The choice is what I should say. Local stores only have Golden Banton for heirloom/op corn. Anyway, a nice place to try for heirloom and op seeds is Victory Seed. They do NOT have anything too exotic but a good place with reasonable prices. I've read nothing but good things about them. They only have positive reviews on Garden Watchdog too.

Here is a link that might be useful: Victory Seed Company

• highalttransplant
    14 years ago

Yes, the pickin's are getting pretty slim! Heirloom Seeds isn't taking any more orders right now, and Pinetree has a 3 or 4 week turn around time. What about Reimer Seeds? I haven't ordered from them before, but they do seem to have a nice selection there.

Bonnie

• booberry85
    14 years ago

Hi Bonnie,

Reimer's has a really bad reputation. From what I've read, they are not very prompt. They're also notorious for mislabelled seeds. Here's a thread about them from another gardening site.

Here is a link that might be useful: About Reimers Seeds

• booberry85
    14 years ago

A couple more places I would try are Southern Exposure Seed Exchange and Seed Savers Exchange. Both have good reputations.

• booberry85
    14 years ago

Bump! Kathy, I hope your kitty is feel better. I'm sure your kitty cat must be stir crazy inside the house.

• southerncharm1
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hey Becky, I sent you an email just a few mins ago. :)

Attention everyone, I understand that everyone is probably working their gardens right now. I have decided to postpone both IH and IE June swaps. Please look for these themes in the future. :)