Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19778617

UPDATE: Update 2: Make New Friends

User
16 years ago

ok since we are at 145 i suppose I'll make this next continuing thread.

Comments (150)

• vela75
    16 years ago

Seashellspcola...so glad to hear you are ok, but sorry to hear you've had such a nasty week (yuck!)

I still have to argue though that I got the best box ever!! ;o)

This was so much fun....have you done a count recently Diene? Have most of us received our boxes now? If we do this again, will we start a new thread and invite new people too? What is involved in hosting, matching people up and getting the addresses to the exchange partners and making sure everyone gets their box...am I missing anything? I might be persuaded.....(oops, did I say that?)

• vela75
    16 years ago

Hi Laurieann! Just wanted to check on you....hope no tornados came your way last night. Are you ok?

• vela75
    16 years ago

I just now noticed your post and it gave me the giggles...I can just see you mowing your yard at 10:30 PM and all the neighbors peeking out their windows thinking "this woman is nuts!"

LOL!!! Thanks for the laugh!

• diene
    16 years ago

Hello Vela;
    Here is the story as best I can tell, I have seven people that have not posted receipt of boxes. Of those seven, I do not see where their partner has shipped on six of them. That does not mean that is 100% accurate, I will be e-mailing each of them today to verify. So far everything has been wonderful and the boxes all sound so amazing. I hope those that have not yet shipped are not intimidated by the previous boxes. The point of this is to get to know people, not try to outdo each other with stuff. If there is anyone uncomfortable about what they are able to send, contact me personally and we will work that out. Those two statements seem to contradict each other and they do but I would rather someone contact me and we figure out how to make them comfortable with their contribution than have them either not ship or worse still spend money they can ill afford. That is not what this is all about. That is what a hostess does Vela, she makes sure that everyone enjoys the experience. I have had to supplement a box or two in the past to make that happen but that is rare. It is more just monitoring the post and getting all sorts of compliments on your non existant skills. I love it but have inherited a birthday robin because the hostess took a powder so I find I am busier than I thought. Plus the idea behind this swap was to get new people into it and like the Mama bird, I need to let the fledglings fly on their own. Finally, since this swap was designed to allow anyone interested in, I would hate to see that change. But this belongs to all of you, not me. Why not decide as a group? This has turned out to be a great group of gardeners with hearts. diene

• vela75
    16 years ago

Well, I'll be the first to post my opinion. I would love to continue the robin by starting a new post and inviting other newbies (and oldies that want to) in. If anyone that was in this robin doesn't want to continue to participate in the next, that would be highly understandable, though I would hate to lose anyone as I think this is a GREAT group! And if you don't want to participate in the exchange but want to hang around and chat, that's what "making new friends" is all about! That's my vote.....NEXT.

• medontdo
    16 years ago

OH I AM SO IN!!! LOL i love this group!!! wendy i'm sending your roses today, assuming i can get off my buns, lol but i'm sure talla will drag me there, LOL she likes to mail the seeds. i have a sorda idea vela, what if we did a matching people up by some of their likes type of thing, or is that too much work? like they could put down what they could give and what they wanted, or is that not how it works? i seen on another one they had a thing to fill out. but they could do it on here so more han just one person could take notes for say you to help match up? but one person be the hostess. LOL

• User
    Original Author
    16 years ago

medontdo here is a pic of the flowers

http://picasaweb.google.com/Burbaq/GardenHouse/photo#5063327787412390546

they are small and bell shaped but once they spread out it will look nice. it's not a great pic as you can barely see the flowers but they are small none-the-less. If anyone knows the name of it i would be happy to know. oh ya i'm going outside right now to take better pics of the red tree too, i don't think it is that one someone suggested because the leaves are a different shape, hehe i want to try posting it in the tree identify section and see if anyone knows.

Here is a link that might be useful: white bells

• boballi
    16 years ago

Could they be Lily of the Valley?

Boballi

• ctack2
    16 years ago

Alana,

I just got back from mailing your box. I hope everything arrives in good shape and alive where applicable. You have so much already, I tried to find things that at least weren't on your list of trades. lol.

They said it should be there Monday, but I wouldn't be surprised if it made it by tomorrow. I got it out early enough, and you're not that far away....but then again, it's the usps we're talking about, so maybe Tuesday. The tracking number is: 0306 1070 0001 0280 4121.

Diene, if you can't find a place for those blackberries - you have my address....GBG.

I think it would be nice to continue the group! I'm going to add my 2-cents worth in...I think if we are matched up any way besides just drawing names out of a hat, it should be based on location, not on a list of wants. If we're matched up by wants, then it's just more like trading on a seed trade list. I think it's much more fun to just be surprised! BUT that's my opinion, and I'll go along with whatever is decided and enjoy it enjoy it, and did I mention enjoy it?

Laurie, what you gonna do with all those passion vines? I never saw anyone with so much passion! And I'm like you when the storms get windy. One night I got a phone call about 2AM that a tornado had been spotted and was traveling toward my house. I jumped up, grabbed my purse and ran into the bathroom. I stood at the door and asked hubby - 'are you gonna come in here with me?'. He just laid in the bed watching the TV and laughing at me. He's from Oklahoma and thinks I'm just plain silly. Thunder - love it. Lightening - a beautiful show. Rain - no better sleeping weather. Wind - I'm running for cover! But scared as I am of windy storms, I am facinated with the hurricane reports on the weather channel. I would love to be able to know that everything would be okay, and be there with the reporters. How strange am I? (you don't have to answer that)

Anyway, hope everyone is doing good. I've been sick for almost 2 weeks myself, but not as bad as seashells - glad to hear you're on the mend.

Have a great day all.

Carol B

• boballi
    16 years ago

I forgot to let everyone know what was in my spectacular box!

Seashellspcola sent me:

Showy Evening Primrose in a pot**Very Cute
    Purple Peach Tree**Way Cool**Didn't know they even existed
    Swamp Sunflower
    Scutellaria 'Dorthy Blue'
    Persian Shield**Beautiful purple leaves
    Pentas**Was blooming upon arrival
    Daylily**WAHOO! My very first!
    Iris**Yipee! I LOVE Irises!

PLUS SEEDS!

Sweet Basil
    'Green Goliath' Broccoli
    Red Cabbage
    'Short 'n Sweet' Carrots
    Cilantro
    'Golden Cross Bantam' Corn
    Cucumber
    Dill
    Yellow Onion Sets
    'Evergreen Bunching' Onion

ALL My Favorites!

AND A Beautiful Hand Made Card!

It was such and awesome box...I hope I didn't leave anything out.

Boballi : )
    Doing the happy dance!

• User
    Original Author
    16 years ago

boballi thanks I think that is what they are, so now me and medontdo know we have lily of the valley :)

• boballi
    16 years ago

Take Care of Yourself!

I remember how awful I felt one year when I had: 104 temp, flu, bronchitis, and strep throat...all at the same time.

Thanks Again for such a great box!

Still doing the happy dance!

• vela75
    16 years ago

Hi Medontdo and everyone! I think maybe atleast try to get people that only grow vegetables matched up with people who grow vegetables would be good, but I'm kind of with Carol...that it's kind of cool to get suprised. But I think what has happened in this thread has been great...we've found out what eachother has and some have worked out trades "on the side". Do you think that's ok to leave the "suprise" part in? What do the rest of you think? If you all would like me to host the next one, just let me know and I'll get a post started to invite people. That way, we should have this one tied up by the time we get everyone signed up and ready for the next one. What date should we aim for to be our next trade date? Should we hold the next one open for a few weeks before we trade? That way everyone's plants will have a chance to get established a little better. Are there any other suggestions for doing things differently? I also think matching people up by location is a good idea. Anyone else have any thoughts or suggestions? Please know, Diene, that any suggestions made I'm sure are not because we didn't like anything that was done the way you did it...as I'm sure you can tell we're all ecstatic!!

• medontdo
    16 years ago

i have been wanting some of those for a long time but never gone out and got them! ya know how that is. ok, now befor, i was not tring to be snotty or anything i'm not good with words on getting thoughts out but mostly like vela said. tropical, vege, fragrance, that type of thing.i never knew there was so much even in just fragrance.LOL i didn't mean wants like i put it, sorry, i just go up, that's my excuse and i'm sticking to it!!! :') LOL
    THANK YOU BURBAQ!!!!! you are way too awesome!!

• medontdo
    16 years ago

by the way, diene, you are awesome!! ;'>

• boballi
    16 years ago

It would be great to have you host the next robin. I think the best format would be what ever works for you.

If you want to put a questionaire together, that would be fine. I just hope we don't limit our ablility to participate. I would hate to see anyone opt out because they don't have the time to make something OR decline because they don't have what is on my list.

I love that we send to one and receive from another. It is ok with me if you don't match partners up in similar zones. (That may become difficult to do without repetitions.) Besides, I would love to receive things that some of you (who are not in my zone) are getting.

Just my two cents.

• boballi
    16 years ago

I VOTE to keep the surprise factor.

I received some great plants that I didn't even know existed.

Instead of a questionaire, I think it would be a good idea for us to update our member pages, so, that our partners have an idea of what we like and really, really want...If they are able to send any of our wishes great, but let's not limit ourselves to "a list".

As I said before, I received some spectacular plants, and they weren't on "a list".

• astilbebstillz6a
    16 years ago

Hi Everyone,
    Hope everyone is doing ok.
    As Medontdo said, "I am so in"!LOL...
    Vela, you've got my vote... you go girl!!!
    As far as suggestions, whatever is decided is fine with me, but if you are hostessing Vela, maybe you should make the final decision?? I agree with Boballi and Diene. The point is to meet new friends, share our thoughts and ideas and just have fun! Right? Sharing our gardens is a bonus! Just my one and a half cents.LOL

Diene - I'm sorry you won't be hostessing again, you were great! You will stop by and say hey, won't you?

Carol - your hubby is just like mine!LOL

Moonphase - I am so glad you liked the plants I sent to you. I think I mislabeled one though. The Iris is actually a Red Hot Poker. I hope you aren't to disappointed. I have Irises, but they are blooming right now. I can send you one later, if you like? Henry's Garnet Sweetspire is a deciduous shrub with a white flower spike when it blooms in the summer. Grows about 4 feet tall. I think they are just beautiful!

Whew! This is the most typing I have ever done, this is alot of words when you only type ten words per minute!LOL
    Hope you all have a great day!...Marylee

• shadymeadow
    16 years ago

Carol: You mentioned you would like Diene's blackberry I sent her.LOL That is the one thing I have plenty of if you would be interested in trading. Blackberries grow like weeds here. I have them all the way across my backyard. One chore for the summer is cutting them back.

Group: I would love to see our group continue and the idea of doing more robins sounds fun. But here is my problem....I have very little plants in my yard to trade. Besides the berry bushes, the only other thing I have is ivy, and some hosta and seeds. I'm just concerned about getting a good enough box together. LMK what you think.

I agree that Diene has done an incredible job as hostess. I also think, if this group continues that it would be good for different people to take turns as hostess, that way it doesn't become too much work for anyone. Thank you Vela for volunteering! I think you'd make a great hostess!

Sandy

• medontdo
    16 years ago

oh sandy!! i have been trying to get blackberries forever!!! i would love some!! what kinda plants are you into? i have a bunch of "stuff" growing, to me it's junk, but to someone else it might not be. i'd gladly send it away!! LOL and boballi, perfecto!!! see, just like my mom, i say it, she laughs at me, then redoes it. LOL i guess on here ya can't do alot of hand gesture, reading thoughts and just knowing the person, LOL but that's a very good idea. we don't have alot of money to buy stuff, but we have alot of plants in our yard, and now i'm trying to get a tropical end, yes, in kansas. LOL i have tons of honeysuckle and orange trumpet vine. and some kinda tree, its white and smells pretty.

• boballi
    16 years ago

Don't sweat it!

What you think "may not be good enough", will be fantastic for someone else.

I would love to get black berry bushes; I bought my first hosta this year, and as far as I'm concerned seeds are always wonderful.

Plants you might think of as common or problems might just be someone elses dream. Besides, you might have something else that you are overlooking...I know I did.

• medontdo
    16 years ago

i have alot of seeds, now my hubby is waiting or should i say afraid of where i'm gonna plant them, LOL i did find him a purple rose, rose of sharon, LOL :') i told him that counted!!! LOL he laughed but we found one at skinners it was midnight owl, smells great, and a climber. he's gonna love it!! he want's it where my (I'm sure)dead don juan is. i have cycad and coontie seeds, and this lady is gonna send me the pup to the sago. i'm so anxious!! now i need fragrant tropicals down in that area so it will smell beautifull!! and suni and lester can see from their window!! :') i'm so anxious to get these seeds going and the only one's that have come up are the lettuce, LOL

• User
    Original Author
    16 years ago

ok that tree i have is a purpleleaf plum tree :) ya i'll be interested in going another round.

• poisondartfrog
    16 years ago

Carol, I am really looking forward to receiving my "treats". I am sure I will love whatever you selected!
    I like the idea of keeping the group going, maybe with each of us taking a turn as hostess as Sandy suggests. My daughter is getting married July 7 and I am doing the flowers and the reception (I was a wedding caterer 20 years ago so I am not completely out of my element, I hope!) I am going to be pretty busy from now until that happens, but I would not mind coordinating a swap in late summer or fall.
    Thanks Vela for stepping up!
    Alana

• momtoboysjnj
    16 years ago

What if we did a spring (which would've been this one we just did), then a fall swap and MAYBE if there was interest a winter seed swap? That way the people concerned with not having enough to share would have enough time in between swaps for some of their plants to multiply??? And we wouldn't have to worry about wilted - mushy dead plants in the heat of summer going through usps. We could still continue talking and new people would for sure be welcome :)

Just a thought,
    Wendy

• laurieanngarris
    16 years ago

Hey guys!

I am also in for the next one.

Carol,

I have no idea what I am going to do with all of them. I think I might plant them along the fence. We do not have anything out there...and I am pulling up those angel trumpets, so maybe they can take its place.

Vela,

Thankfully there was only hail and rain last night. Whew!

I'll chat later. I'm hungry!

Laurie

• amyinms
    16 years ago

Vela
    I got the notice today and I can pick it up in the morning but dont worry about them I am sure they are fine :-)

Carol-
    I am getting yours together tonight to go out tomorrow if nothing goes wrong I have set aside some things for you that I hope you will enjoy

What a crazy frustrating week its been here I am so ready for the weekend so I can get out in the garden!

Amy in MS

• vela75
    16 years ago

Hey everyone! I just got a phone call from my cousin from out of town. My nephew's high school graduation/birthday party is at the end of the month and her family wants to come and stay with us so they can attend. I am in panic mode now because my house is a COMPLETE DISASTER!!! So, I will check in tomorrow to see if Amy likes her package, but after that you probably won't hear much from me the next two weeks. I didn't want anyone to be worried about me. Then when I come back, I'll find out what you all decided about when you want to start the next robin...I see some want to wait awhile. My thoughts were just to keep it going and people can pop in and out of them as they want to, but that was just what I had in mind, whatever you guys and gals want to do is good with me! So, I'll see you in a couple of weeks...and hopefully my house will be clean!!!

• vegangirl
    16 years ago

Seashellspcola,
    I am SO glad to hear that you are OK, that you got your box and that you liked the stuff! sorry that you have been sick. I had the flu in March and it was tough so I have empathy for you!

I am going to be super busy from now until about September with the daylily nursery so I vote for Wendy's idea of a Fall RR and a winter seed swap :-) I don't have any plants on my member page. I think I will put some in the "get to know me" part

Thanks Deine for being such a nice hostess and helping us to get our feet wet.

I like reading everybody's comments but I can't keep up! Happy Birthday to those who had birthdays.

VG

• diene
    16 years ago

Hello Everyone;
    Just a note to say that this is wonderful to see the group coming together and I love the idea that you will welcome new people. I will not be the hostess but that does not mean I will not be a participant. I would like to just be a member of the group for a swap, it is easier to keep up with the chatter when you are not "in charge". We may have to start a new thread but we will see. What a chatty bunch. Have a great weekend. diene

• medontdo
    16 years ago

how do you get to the get to know me part?

• boballi
    16 years ago

Would anyone be interested in a summer seed swap?

I think the group might lose momentum if we wait till fall to do the next robin. Those that will be busy can join back later, but I would like to see us keep going...This is just too much FUN!

• medontdo
    16 years ago

i'm totally with ya!! i was thinking this is just so much fun!!! and i just LOVE the people here!! i think i have some of my pics here, i hope it worked, i put it into a slide show so ya don't have to keep flipping back and forth. so tell me if it works, please. http://s158.photobucket.com/albums/t106/medontdo/new%20things/?mediafilter=slideshows these are the new things that have popped up and the roses "wendy" (pay attntion) LOL and the other thing i sent is some kinda grape vine i got out of my mom's back yard, she said the neighbor told her it used to produce, before the tree's got so big, i have alot of sun. LOL and yes for the summer seed swap!! :'>

• medontdo
    16 years ago

i couldn't get the slideshow to work, so you can click on medontdo and click on new things, or the other one's if ya want, but the new things are the pics i took today. if seeds go thru the washer and dryer, are they done for?? :'(

• momtoboysjnj
    16 years ago

I wanna say that last don't know pic is a wild violet - does it flower? Look at this.... http://www.weedalert.com/weed_pages/wa_wild_violet.htm
    My mom has a bunch all over her yard - they are invasive but I have always liked them.
    And ... um .... hello .... the rose will be perfect next to my lavender one ..... now I just have to make sure it roots :)
    I think I may be interested in a summer seed swap too :)

Wendy

• medontdo
    16 years ago

mine are purple, and i have fake strawberry plants, well they've never produced, but they look just like strawberry plants, but those one things i don't know what they are, but they are pretty! if they were varigated they'd be even prettier. LOL they kinda remind me of sweetishivy, but thinner. and if they don't root out, i'll send ya some rooted one's. LOL Lord know's i have ton's!!! LOL :'>

• ctack2
    16 years ago

Sandy - I sent you an email to your comcast addy. If this isn't the right one, email me at this name @aol.com

Deine - I'm glad you're going to hang out and be a participent even if you aren't going to host. You've been awesome. And thank you so much for doing this to let us 'get our feet wet'. Smooches to ya!

Amy - I'm sure you've picked lots of stuff that I will like. In fact, I can't think of anything right now that I WOULDN'T like. I'm easy. lol

Laurie - You're going to pull up and throw away flowers? Shame shame shame on you! Oh, and just to let you know - I slept through an awful storm this afternoon. Didn't know how nasty it was until later this evening. lol

I've got this cute little yellow weed thing popping up all over my yard. I think I want to dig them up and put them together somewhere. They really are dainty looking. Maybe I'll plant them around that pokeweed that I want to dig up and replant somewhere else. Yes, I believe what they say about a weed is only a weed if you don't want it in your yard. Some are beautiful. People have butterfly gardens, hummingbird gardens, etc, I think I want a weed garden. lol Maybe when GOD was creating the weeds, he was thinking "I'll make all these weeds pretty so Carol B can prove to everyone that she is NUTZ"

Does anyone else have pokeweed? They are so pretty! Huge, dark green leaves - but what I like is the way the berries are presented on it. Just big huge sprays of them.

Okay, I've yada yada yada enough for tonight. Sleep well everyone.

Carol B

• moonphase
    16 years ago

Marylee,I love Iris but I have never had a red hot poker and am so glad this is what you sent.I will dig it up tomorrow and put it in another bed since I out it in a bed of purple and pink.The other plant I forgot was the primrose you sent.Do they spread.I put it in shade,hope that is where it goes.I enjoyed this so much.
    I am in with everyone else to continue this.I love coming here,reading the post and getting to know you all a little more each day.
    Wendy,your box went out yesterday am for a 2 day delivery.The confirmation no is 03060320000448247489.Hope all arrives in good shape and hope you like what I sent.
    I would like to have a couple of passion vine if you still have some.Email me and LMK for postage if you do.If anyone has daylilies they want to trade off,let me know.I am sure I have something..lol This all has been fun and I do hope we continue on and become a group.
    moonphase

• vela75
    16 years ago

LOL...said you wouldn't hear from me much, but I can't stay away! (I'm bad...should be cleaning)

Well...here's an idea maybe we will be agreeable to. From what I can tell above, some would like to wait while others want to continue. So I think we should go ahead and continue, and those who are busy we'll see you next time. At the end of the next swap, I'll pass along the hostess torch and someone else will become hostess. I think Diene has started something great, and what I can forsee happening is that this will be a continual robin available to newbies that will just keep going and going and going as there will always be newbies coming in, and hopefully someone always willing to take on the hostess torch. When we don't have something to trade or will be busy, we can opt out, and when we're ready, there should soon be a robin waiting for us. I'm sure some of us, eventually, will completely opt out, for whatever reason, and perhaps one day none of us "original" newbies will be participating, but I think it would be great that the "newbie" robin continue on. I don't think I ever would have joined a robin if I hadn't seen Diene's post. What if I make the swap a "send things that grow" and say that you can send all seeds, all plants, all bulbs or any mixture...that way those who want to send seeds can, and those of us who planted all of our seeds can still participate by sending plants. (I mailed my leftover seeds to Amy already). Does that sound good? Let me know what you think.

Moonphase - I have some orange daylilies....I'm thinking they might be what people consider "ditch lily". I'll take a picture when they bloom so you can see them, if you want to trade.

Carol - I like some of my weeds too :0) I actually like your idea of a weed garden. If you decide to do it, I want to see a picture!

• ctack2
    16 years ago

Vela - Sounds good to me, but how about making it "anything that grows and etc" I like little non-growing surprises, too. (and I hope Alana does too)
    I'm in at least for the present time. Another thing that would be helpful is if the list of send-to partners is passed on from hostess to hostess. That way, when you take over from Deine, you won't have us send to the same person we just sent to. And 2 or 3 swaps from now, there will be a record of who we've sent to already.
    If I do my weed garden, lol, I'll be sure to take pics.
    Have a great day all.
    Carol B

• diene
    16 years ago

Hello All;
    I am pleased to report that I have confirmation that everyone is on target to either ship their boxes or have already shipped their boxes. What a group. I think almost every robin I have been in has had one failure and we have not had any. You should all pat yourselves on the back and realize how capable you were to join a robin. I am glad you took the challenge and I love the idea you are going to keep this going. I will look for Vela's post for the next robin. We will probably have to start yet a third thread to finish this up but that is okay. And when you do your fall robin, we should all post some of the great things that grew from this robin (not including the friendships). Have a wonderful weekend all you Moms out there. That is the best thing you will ever grow!! diene

• medontdo
    16 years ago

yep, sounds good to me!! i love some of my "weeds" i looked over that site wendy gave me, and theres alot of weeds i like in there. like plantain is good for keeping mosquito's away, i hear. so i keep it around. LOL but they had some cute little blue dainty things, just reminds me of how fragile things can be. but ya walk on them and they stand up like nothing happened. LOL isn't that amazing!! yes, my hubby thinks i get tickled over the "stupidest" or "craziest" things. LOL i do :') i found i like doing the sending! and i love reading and i'm not so sure about hostessing! but i love people! i so wanta see your pics of the weed garden. and what flowers are you throwing away??

• medontdo
    16 years ago

o duh!! i read that!! LOL i was gonna ask if you'd send me some, LOL they are the most beautiful things i've seen!! well one of them. he he among others!! :'> I could trade ya something maybe? please?? :')

• moonphase
    16 years ago

I vote we keep this going month by month and we have an option to play that month or sit it out.Also it would be nice for us all to update our members page so we can go and see what our partner for the month is interested in and the color themes they are using.That is not saying we have to go by a list boballi,but to give us ideas.I have several gardens and several in progress and several planned,so I can use anything.The etc. part is a good idea also.I have a bird house village and maybe someone is interested in swapping birdhouses or garden art.I am not sure I would want weeds.I pull about a wagon full almost everyday now..lol This has been alot of fun for me and am glad of having the opportunity to meet you all.Thank you Diene for bringing us all together.As our group grows,it will become more and more interesting.Don't you all think we should have a name for our group? Or keep it as making new friends? Vela,thanks for taking the next swap.Maybe we can do a mo. by mo. volunteer hosting or have someone to keep up with who swapped with who.I like the idea of the host passing on the info to the new host.That way we won't have to keep going back sending it repeatedly.
    I sure hope you get your box today Wendy.I shutter that it may sit until Monday in the PO.If this happens and the plants do not survive,I will gladly send another box right away.Please let me know about the passion vine.
    Vela,thank you for the offer of your lilies but my ditch here in Ga. is full of them,but send me a picture and let me see if they sre the ones we have here.I am thinking they probably are.
    Well,I am going outside to play in the dirt.Have a great day everyone.
    moonphase

• medontdo
    16 years ago

i like making new friends, its so friendly, i like month by month and opt out and etc!! you all have such good idea's!! today is a good day!! it's beautifull!!

• shadymeadow
    16 years ago

Vela & group - I completely agree with what you foresee happening with the group and I would like to see the robins continue. Since this will be an "open" group newbie's can join, there will be new friends joining and us "oldies" can join in whenever we're able.

I also like Carol B's idea of passing a list of partners on to each hostess. That way we will get a chance to trade with new people each time.

I kinda like the name Make New Friends since this will be open to newbie's and new people will be joining us each month. But, whatever everyone decides is fine with me.

Boballi - Thanks so much for the encouragement. This has been a lot of fun and I would really like to continue with the group.

Moonphase - Great idea about updating our member page. Will try to get that done next week.

Carol B - I would be glad to send you some blackberry. I sent you an email.

Medontdo - Would be glad to send you some also. I'm interested in the honeysuckle. I'll send you an email.

Have a great week gardening.....Sandy

• momtoboysjnj
    16 years ago

I GOT MY WONDERFUL BOX !!!!!!! I LOVE IT !!!!!!!!
    Everything looks so good and alot of it is going back in the ground today - I'm so excited :)
    Look what I got everybody.....

Wormwood (Artemesia) - WOO - HOOOOOO !!!!!
    Lavender - :)
    Lavender Fountain Butterfly Bush - love it
    garlic chives - they smelled good too :)
    rosemary - :)
    rudbekia - Always wanted this
    Lamb's Ear
    Balloon Flower - love these
    Blue Scabiosa - so pretty
    Autumn Joy Sedum - love it
    Ruby Star Echinacea - LOVE ECHINACEA

The box smelled so good when I opened it - the lavender and rosemary smell was awesome :) You're awesome Annette, can't wait to get everything planted!!!!

I have some passionflowers going out for another group I'm on so I need to make sure I have plenty. As soon as I know what I have left I'll let you know. If I don't have any more right now they pop up all summer different places. I'll let you know as soon as I see what I have right now :)

Again, thank you so much for my great box :) I'm going to take pictures when everything is planted.

Yipee for New Friends :)
    Wendy

• ctack2
    16 years ago

Hello again everyone! lol. Tired of hearing from me yet?
    I just wanted to share something - please don't anyone think it's an advertisement, even though it kind of is. I am a member of the Doug's Garden Newletter, and today I got an email that is for an e-book of the Perennial of the Year from 1990-2007. It's really nice. It includes info about the flower, how and where to grow it, propagation, hardiness, and landscape value on each of them.
    The first page of it says to share or print out and share, so guess what I'm doing.....offering to share with my New Friends. You can go look at it and delete it, save it, or sign up for the newsletter to get more free ebooks from him. He does sell a lot of ebooks on his site, but he sends out little ones all the time full of good info - and free! I've never bought anything from him, but I have a folder full of helpful info from free stuff he sends out in his newletter.
    Deine, is it okay to post the link here? Or would that be advertising? The link is really just for the e-book, so maybe that isn't advertising. huh?
    Let me know if I'm breaking rules, or just walking the fence. lol
    Carol B

• diene
    16 years ago

Hello Carol;
    Put the link here, I am not the GW police. This does not appear to violate their rules but if it does they will just remove your message. You may want to put it on the new post. diene

• vegangirl
    16 years ago

Medontdo, I was talking about the member page where most people tell about their families, hobbies, gardens, etc.

I think the swap should continue with those who are ready to swap and then those of us who can't now can join in when we we can. I'm looking forward for somebody to work out the details LOL!
    VG

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH