Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
margaret_2007

OBF's May Basket Flights #3

margaret_2007
14 years ago

Good morning-Ladies

Here is the new post with listings of sent & received. Remember-we wanted to make this reasonable & fun for everyone due to the economy. I can't wait to see what is being received! Have a great time planning for your partner!

I will post each morning of results for that day!

Listing so far:

Carol/veeja sent & received

Deb/debya sent & received

Melissa sent

Dottie sent

This is what I have as of 5/27 at 9:00 A.M. CDT. I will post others that are sent & received tomorrow, 5/28!

Blessings, Margaret

{{gwi:1269328}}

Comments (74)

• uptreasa
    14 years ago

Nice photos everyone!

I sent my box to my partner today. Hope she likes it. I'm off to play in the dirt a while. Treasa

• remy_gw
    14 years ago

Hi All,
    I had a good day working on the garden. Well, worked mostly veggie pots, a few flower ones, and separating perennial seedlings. Gary of course is pointing out all the things that still need to be done and I keep saying that it is on the list, lol. I ran out of potting soil and had to make a trip to the nursery. I bought 2 big bags. It wasn't enough, I'm going to run out of soil again! I've got too any pots, lol. It also stayed sunny all day and it started raining as the sun was setting just the way I like it.

Margaret,
    It rained last night too, so I'm finally back on track for the rain, yay!

April,
    It is great that your daughter is doing so well!

Melissa,
    Wow what a bird story, and with a happy ending! Mine from today is not so exciting. I saw the chickadee fly away from the house. So I went to peek and see if the babies were hatched. Well, mama chickadee was still in there and we scared the heck out of each other, lol.
    Leontine has the best foliage of most any rose I grow. I think her only fault is the once bloom, but you know she is so big, she is a good companion for a large late blooming clematis.

Annie,
    You're welcome : )

Hi Maryanne, Melinda, and Treasa too!

Hi to everyone else who hasn't posted in awhile!
    Remy

• hazelnutbunny
    14 years ago

Let's all give ANNIE a great big, official OBF welcome!

WELCOME TO THE GROUP, ANNIE!color>size>

I will volunteer to be Annie's big sis!
    Yay!

• amybabyboy3
    14 years ago

Remy,
    Thank you for such a wonderful May Box. I just love everything that you sent it is all so special. Thank you for the red sunflower seeds and the story of why you love them. That was sweet and I hope to get some finches to come around . I love the red hen and chicks and the green and red sedum. My mom gave me a nice shallow pot and they are already potted up and look beautiful. I love the blue eyed blond iris and the huckleberrys along with the blackberry. My boys will love those. I planted the salvia and knatia ( I know I spelled that wrong) I know they they will be beautiful. I appreciate the drought tolerant plants the last two years have been so dry.
    I also love my goodies a yummy sage and cinnamon candle, a cute green wegman's bag, yummy tea's, a cute woven basket and beautiful flower tissues. Hope I didn't forget anything. You were so thoughtful. Thank you so much! Amy

P.S My box is going out Monday.

• veeja11
    14 years ago

Amy dh says he ran wire from our box to our shed in the back yard, he says wire dosen't freeze so 6in deep is fine. he ran the wire to the shed and to the box, then called an electrician to hook it to the hot wires in the box. dodn't wanna chance being fried. it was cheap since he did all the digging and hard work. if he goes to lowes or that other hardware store they will show him what wires he needs. it's in the 80's here, would whoever has our rain please send it home. bunny is lilly hubbys or dan the mail mans ?here is one side of my front yard, just starting to bloom. happy spring. hugs carol

• luckyladyd
    14 years ago

Hi Everybody! So glad to be able to visit again. I was starting to think it was just me who couldn't get on the site.

Melissa, I'm so pleased you like your "May basket"! I had a lot of fun putting it together. As you said in your profile - - you really are easy to please! I should have probably told you that the mint can really spread. The first year I planted it, I had a nice little patch by the end of the summer. The next year it was more like a large bed. Now, if I didn't control it by pulling it up around the edges, it would be a field! I don't mind, as it smells so lovely as I pull it up from where I'd rather not have it, and it's really easy to pull out.

I'm glad to hear your baby birds came out of their drama unscathed! (I have a squirrel that may not be so lucky! Two days in a row this little varmint has unpotted three of my plants. One he chewed and destroyed. The others were laid out on the deck. I repotted the poor things and he did it AGAIN the next night!)

Remy, After Margaret mentioned your blog a couple of days ago, I had to take a peek. What lovely photos! And you are so faithful with posting! I spent today in the garden as well. DH is still working on the pipelines to try to put the water stations in. Today was ANOTHER trip to Home Depot for faucet fittings and pipe doohickeys, etc. Then, I'm happily potting up something and hear this gawdawful water hissing sound. Closer inspection shows me a broken pipe, just flooding water into an area that's already too wet from the rains, and DH is NOWHERE to be seen! I'm running around, trying to figure out how to turn this thing off, when he appears from behind the bamboo and notices the situation. It's pretty much a muddy mess now in a lot of the area where I just planted things yesterday! Also, I'm sorry to tell you, still no email from you at either address with the newest bio. Oh, and thanks again for the tutorial on Photobucket. I totally would never have figured it out without your sending me that.

Amy, thanks for your Photobucket page, too. That made everything much easier. (Your suggestion to have a glass of wine helped, too!) How's the pond planning coming?

Oh, I almost forgot: I have my first little green tomato on one of my plants! Isn't gardening exciting!

Dottie

Margaret, As you see, here I am and all is well. Forgive the email. I can imagine, as the hostess for this month, that you would begin to hyperventilate, not knowing who sent and who got what, and here it is the 30th!

• margaret_2007
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Good Morning, Ladies

Another beautiful day here, no wind & lovely sunshine. The temp is 48 which I love the cooler weather but not too good for my seeds I'm trying to start outside.

List of sent & received as of Saturday 5/30

Carol/veeja11 sent & received

Deb/debbya sent & received

Dottie/luckyladyd sent & received

Melissa/Bunny sent & received

Amy/amybabyboy3 received

April sent

Remy sent

Treasa sent

Ladies, another celebration for us to share today:

This is Amy/A-Z's 1 year wedding anniversary.

Congratulations, Amy

Have a wonderful day, Ladies.

I don't know who is hostess for next month but please forgive me for running this swap into June.

Blessings, Margaret

• Theresa24 (NeFL9a)
    14 years ago

Hello ladies,

Just checking in to see how everyone has been. Looks like this was a great swap!

Melissa....that's quite an ordeal with those birds!

Maryanne, I swear I posted about the prize box but now I can't find it anywhere. I hate that. I'm so sorry....I did receive the box and love it! I will be using the wonderful picnic supplies with my boys all summer by the pool....we'll have fun, fancy "picnics" everyday! School is out in one more week and I just can't wait!

The funny thing about being a teacher and having school get out for the summer is changing gears. Things are so busy at the end of the year, that when it is finally over, there is a feeling of being lost on those first few days with nothing to worry about! But it is a good feeling and I will be able to enjoy my gardens again and join in my OBF's.

I think I'm supposed to host July....but I don't see a June swap posted....was that supposed to be me? If so, I can do it and apologize for being late. I was thinking it was July.

Theresa

• luckyladyd
    14 years ago

Happy Anniversary, Amy! I wish you a joyous day!

Carol, your garden is lovely. I see we have a lot of the same plants! I just got the Peach Flambe coral bells this year and I LOVE them! (I think that's what I see in your photo.) And the blue through the bed is exactly what I did, too. Is that Russian Lobelia I see towards the back? I'm growing them for the first time this year. I'll try to post a photo later.

Theresa, congrats on finishing the school year! I know that's always a sigh of relief for DH (he's one, too).

Hope you all have a good, gardening day!

Dottie

• remy_gw
    14 years ago

AmyBB,
    Glad you liked everything. The Blackberry is 'Triple Crown Thornless'. When I was packing the box, I had a brain failure and couldn't remember, lol. It will grow quickly and in a couple years, you will be amazed at all the berries.

Carol,
    Your planting looks great especially for how short of a time you lived there!

Dottie,
    Thank you. I like taking photos. I'm glad you figured out how to post you photos! You have a tomato growing?! I hate you, LOL, no I don't : ) I just won't have a tomato for awhile : ( - pouting like a little kid, lol.

Amy A-Z,
    Happy Anniversary! I hope this is the first of many wonderful years together.

Theresa,
    Your right, no post for June! we are disorganized, lol. I don't know who is June? Shirley has a copy of the months. Hopefully she stops by today.
    Remy

• sandlapper_rose
    14 years ago

Happy Anniversary, Amy!

We are having beautiful weather this weekend. So much to do outside that is it very welcome.
    Melissa, Lili is sure getting bigger...such a cutie!
    Carol, your flower bed is lovely.
    Theresa, glad you get a chance to relax now.
    Hello to everyone else in the group, too!

Jeanne

• dirt_under_my_nails
    14 years ago

Amy A-Z

Annie

Hope everyone has a great day. Looks like it will be a warm one here.Might have to get in the kiddie pool! I'm going to have start changing the water in the hummer's feeders more often due to the heat.Hope my package arrived in good condition yesterday.
    Gotta run the yard is calling me.

later....April

• remy_gw
    14 years ago

Dottie,
    I sent you 2 emails, Annie's info and a joke. Your one email address comes back undeliverable. The realtor one goes through. If you don't get them, send me an email(Remyo1212@yahoo.com,) and I'll try sending back from your email, maybe that will work.
    Remy

• luckyladyd
    14 years ago

Remy,

GAH!!! This email thing is driving me up the wall. Now NEITHER of my emails is working right, apparently. The gmail one is working fine for my work stuff. I got something this morning. The juno one seems to be working also, as I got one from Margaret earlier, and have been getting other stuff. I will email you directly.

Dottie

• remy_gw
    14 years ago

Dottie,
    It did not work. Your computer must think I'm bad, lol.

Can someone else please forward their copy of Annie's info to Dottie, please? Thank you.
    Remy

• alwaysagarden
    14 years ago

Hi All,

Carol, lovely garden picture!

Margaret, I did send my package out on the 27th but don't see my name on your list : (

Remy,
    I will send a copy of Annies info. to Dottie.

What a pretty day it is here! Hope everyone is having a great Sunday!

Cindy : )

• margaret_2007
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi, Ladies.
    It has been a beautiful day here & now the evening comes. Where does the time go? I have so much I want to accomplish this coming week if life don't get in the way again. I want to get my flower beds to at least look presentable & ahead of the weeds. When it gets real hot I am a wimp & don't take care of anything outside.

Cindy-I had you as sending your basket in my posting on Friday but missed putting you in the posting today. Thanks for reminding me.

Have a wonderful evening & know lots of those baskets will be sent & received tomorrow. Those received so far have been great!

Blessings, Margaret

• dieg01991
    14 years ago

Hi everyone,
    I received my box from April yesterday. Sorry I didn't post sooner, I got home late and was exhausted last night and, after unpacking the box and potting it all up, I went to bed. So anyway, here is what April sent me...

3 types of Epis
    Ice Plant
    Tricolor sedum
    Paprika yarrow
    Dragon's blood sedum
    Equador brug
    Strawberry and cream brug

Woohoo!! Thank you for the awesome box April!!! You obviously looked at my list before you sent, you're awesome!!

Hey Dottie, I hope that you will still post pictures!! Wow, solar powered pumps? I have to look that up!!! My husband would be very happy to hear that!! The pond will be in full sun!

Awe Remy, that's great about the box!! I forgot about that, you have a great memory.

carol, your yard is beautiful!! Thanks for the idea about running the electric.

Thanks for the Anniversay wishes everyone. This is our first anniversary!! I can't believe it's already been a year!

I will try to get my box packed up tomorrow and sent off on Tuesday. It's been a busy weekend!

Amy A-z

• amybabyboy3
    14 years ago

My package is going out in the am.
    Del. conf# 420 14150 9101 0385 5574 9699 8841 62

• brittneysgran
    14 years ago

Finally I can post a short note.
    I do have the month of June and below is the last list I found for this years swaps. We still need several months to be taken so if anyone wants a month please speak up.

January-(Remy)Seed Swap-----completed

February-(Melissa)LYLAS-Love You Like A Sister---completed

March-(Jeanne) St. Patricks Day---completed

April- (Maryanne) April Showers Bring May Flowers---completed

May- (Margaret) May Flowers and Showers--in progress

June- (Shirley) White Elephant Swap

July- (Theresa) Beat The Heat Swap

August-(Carol) Dog Days

I will post a new thread and everyone can sign up there.

Shirley

• luckyladyd
    14 years ago

Amy A-z, I read Carol's post about what her DH said about the electric and then asked my DH and he said that, of course, is right. You don't need to worry about heave or bursting things with wire. He thought I was talking about water pipes when he said that! Then he started thinking about electric wires and, as he was in the process of digging up the whole yard anyway, he decided to give me electric in my greenhouse! Thanks, Guys!! He just laid some wire in the same trenches with the water piping. Next weekend he'll install the junction boxes. Yea! No more running over a long extension cord with my wheelbarrows and carts!

Remy, I'm so sorry to be so much trouble. I don't know why the stupid emails are not working. I'm getting some emails, but I guess I don't know if I'm NOT getting some.

Cindy, Thanks for sending the bio. I hope I get it from you! I'll be looking for it and let you know.

Margaret, I have the same problem. Every day the list gets longer and the time seems shorter. I don't do well with hot weather, either, so I'm trying to mulch and plant it all while I can.

Good night, all.

Dottie

• mellen
    14 years ago

Margaret, my box went in the mail today.

Tomorrow is the last day of school for the kiddies, but my last day is today. DH and I are leaving right after school for a road trip to Austin, TX, to attend my nephew's high school graduation. WooHoo!!!

Mary Ellen

• hazelnutbunny
    14 years ago

Margaret~ I received my prize box today! Oh My goodness! We are absolutely thrilled with everything you sent! And wow, did you send!! :O) The girls are having so much fun with the hats- they're playing outside right now (cowboys & indians...but at least they're PRETTY cowboys!). I have put up the candies for after supper, but we're making chocolate chip cookies right now. I know, I have no consistency as a parent...! :O)
    But I wanted to have something to go with the coffee you sent, and wanted to save the candy until hubby got home from work so we could share with him.
    And you have absolutely perfect timing with the plant markers & gloves! I just received some plants in another swap, and definitely needed the markers!

Thank you SO MUCH! We love everything, and it was SO very sweet of you to send it!

• earthlydelights
    14 years ago

hi everyone, hope you are all well.

margaret, i finally got my box out, sorry to be late, but life got a hold of me and wouldn't let go. the month went to darned quick.

great boxes so far. love hearing what everyone receives.

carol, great yard picture, melissa, gorgeous daughter picture - what a doll baby.

jeanne and amy, a little late, but happy anniversary.

remy, is salmon an acutal color of a rose? i've been seeing this aboslutely stunning rose and the color is not quite pink, not quite orange and definitely not red. the closest it comes is salmon, but i think it might be a little deeper of a color. also, what rose would be that color?

be well everyone
    maryanne

• alwaysagarden
    14 years ago

Hi Dottie,
    I'm so sorry to say I just checked my emails and yours was returned to me. I used your GW email address. I don't know what the problem may be because that doesn't usually happen. Sure hope you are able to find out why you are having problems with emails... must be so frustrating!

Hope everyone is having a great week.

Cindy

• remy_gw
    14 years ago

Maryanne,
    Yes, there are lots of salmon roses. You can do a search at Help Me Find on the link below. Do an advanced search. You can pick the color which would be Salmon Pink. THen you can pick the type like if you are noticing these are they a climber? Or maybe a floribunda. Anyway, if you cut down to a certain type of rose, it will shorten the list. If you do just Salmon Pink you will have to look through 18 pages of roses!
    Remy

Here is a link that might be useful: Help Me Find Roses

• margaret_2007
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Good evening,Ladies

Just posting of sent & received as of 6/2

Carol/veeja11- Sent & received

Deb/debbya- Sent & received

Dottie/Luckyladyd- Sent & received

Melissa/Bunny- Sent & received

April/dirt_under_my_nails- Sent

Remy/remy- Sent

Treasa/uptreasa- Sent

Cindy/alwaysagarden- Sent

MaryEllen/mellen- Sent

Maryanne/earthlydelights- Sent

Amy/amybb3- received

Amy/dieg01991- received

If I missed anyone. please let me know.

Good night & blessings, Margaret

• remy_gw
    14 years ago

Hi All,
    I just got home from the cemetery planting tour and I'm beat!! But I did come home to a nice surprise from Amy : )
    Amy sent me a great box! In it was
    A pink breast cancer baseball cap, just perfect
    A few plants~ mini hostas(Gary thanks you!) elephant ears regular and black, blue agave, and floss flower(I actually have to look that one up!)
    For the basket she sent a metal wall hanging basket that is rose decorated, very pretty
    MK body cleanser and lotion
    yummy looking cocoa and cappucino mixes
    and last but not least for my wanting something local an old Georgia on My Mind cookbook, absolutely perfect! It is from 1983 and I love the hairdos, lol. There are pic of teen girls since the book subtitle is Favorite Recipes of Future Georgia Homemakers.
    Thanks again Amy for a wonderful box!
    Remy

• remy_gw
    14 years ago

I forgot something! Amy sent me lipgloss too! how could I forget my addiction, LOL.
    Remy

• alwaysagarden
    14 years ago

Hi Dottie,
    I tried again tonight sending Annie's info. to you. I used the gmail address you gave me. I sure hope you got it this time! : ) Let me know.

Cindy

• dieg01991
    14 years ago

Hi everyone!
    Oh Dottie, you've got me so jealous now!!! Electric run with the water lines! Lucky you!! I really need to get going on my project! :-)

I finally got my box out too. SOOOOO sorry to be late. I meant to get it out on Monday but life has been crazy and I, of course, ended up getting sick. I am back to work today. Still feeling tired and shaky, but better. Can't wait for the weekend, need to relax!

Anyway, the box went out last night. DC #0309 0330 0000 6174 9579.

Talk to you later,
    Amy A-z

• Melinda Hagen
    14 years ago

Well, I have been MIA for a while, sorry! Haven't forgotten about everyone and really enjoyed this swap! You did a fantastic job Margaret!
    I rec'd my fabulous May basket from Maryanne!! You did an outstanding job and went way above necessary, but I love it all! Everything was wrapped so very nice and pretty-like Christmas time here!
    Plants I rec'd-
    ribbon grass
    blue fescue grass
    rose of sharon
    achillea "snow sport'
    trandescantia 'sweet kate'
    " 'little doll'
    oriental limelight artemesia
    coreopsis early sunrise
    iris-little bluets
    daylily-grandmother
    I loved them all!! Thanks so very much! These aren't tiny plants either!
    I also rec'd these:
    breast cancer sticker for my car (or truck should I say)
    beautiful breast cancer pin with swarkovski crystals
    (absolutely gorgeous!!)
    new set of the Plugins scented oil fan powered fragrances
    2 new hand shovels-really nice stainless steel ones! Love them!!
    beautiful rock from Fairmount Rock in Philadelphia wrapped in kitchen towel! Yeah! Love it!
    Large container of spice drops-all wrapped and pretty!
    Nora Roberts book-couldn't have come at a better time as will be lying around alot!! And haven't read this one!
    Thanks so very much! I absolutely loved it all!
    As you probably know, Maryanne, you are the recipient of my box! It is ready to go. My dgt helped me finish it as I have been down this week with a blood clot!
    It will go out in the am and I hope you like as much as I love mine!
    I do apologize for being so late!
    Melinda

• brittneysgran
    14 years ago

Treasa-I received my swap box and thank you so much for all the great things that I found in it.
    Native Sisters Lavender & Spanish Sage Soap
    Taste Of Home Quick Cooking Magazine (Love these)
    4 Crinum Bulbs (I requested these)
    Snowman basket
    Snowman Box
    Snowman Bag
    4 Snowman Knife Spreaders
    Treasa you were looking at my trade page and saw where I collect snowmen. Thanks again for a great box.
    Your box went out today so hopefully you will get it Saturday.

Shirley

• earthlydelights
    14 years ago

melinda, i'm so glad you enjoyed your box of goodies, i really enjoyed putting it together for you. sorry it was a little late, but glad to know it got there, and hopefully those plants were in decent condition when they arrived. sorry if some of them were bent to fit in the box LOL

i agree that you have done a fabulous job with this swap margaret, you should be proud.

everyone has received such nice may baskets. i have to be honest and say i'm looking forward to mine :-)

remy, that rose site - omg! i don't know what to do with all of them. i'm amazed. i hope to not start a new addiction.

maryanne

• margaret_2007
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Good Morning, Ladies-
    I have been out of town & leaving shortly again for the day but wanted to post the latest:

Amy/diego01991- Sent

Remy/Remy- Received

Melinda/ilove- Received

Shirley/brittneysgran- Received

The baskets are great that are being sent, Ladies! Thank you so much for the compliments. I am enjoying every minute of it (except when I messed up).

I will post a complete list tomorrow when I can get it taken care of as this trip today was unexpected & sudden. Blessings, Margaret

• margaret_2007
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Good Morning, Ladies
    I was hoping more baskets were sent & received so we could close this RR. Perhaps today. The prizes will be sent out at the latest Monday for the game we played. Be sure to check out June's White Elephant signup hosted by Shirley. Looks like loads of fun but not sure I have time to get in on it as life is getting in the way again.

Have a great weekend & if sent or received baskets please post them! Thanks & blessings, Margaret

• dirt_under_my_nails
    14 years ago

Afternoon all!
    Just got in & had a nice box from Amy~diego waiting on me.
    Inside there was:
    ~Lamb's ear
    ~Sedum
    ~Sedum Autumn Joy
    ~Silver Mound
    ~Variegated Grass
    ~Route 66 daylily
    ~Little Women daylily

Thanks Amy!!!
    I'm off to check the other thread & get my new plants in the ground.
    later....April

• margaret_2007
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Ladies-I am going to check on the baskets of Cindy & Mary Ellen & I think when that is taken care of, this exchange will be over. Blessings, Margaret

• brittneysgran
    14 years ago

Margaret-I posted I sent Treasa's box Thursday June 4th. I was hoping she received it Saturday but it may be Monday.

Shirley

• mellen
    14 years ago

Cindy, I sent you an e-mail. I hope you got it. YES! I got Cindy's box. It came on the Monday that we left for TX. I got home from school, opened her box, then we left right away as the truck was packed and ready to go. I took my laptop along as there was to be WiFi hookup. Unfortunately, the signal sas not strong enough so I was without any means of communicating. I am sooo sorry!!!
    Cindy did send a wonderful, beautiful, and thoughtful box! She sent:
    5 very healthy iris
    coffee
    a calendar datebook for my purse-I didn't have one til now!
    3 permanent markers-tuxedo black, deep sea blue, and rambunctious red!!! Love the names, Cindy!
    sugar cookie flavored lip balm-I took this with me on our trip and used it alot in that hot, hot sun
    And SEEDS and more SEEDS! WooHoo!
    carpet of snow alyssum
    white morning glory
    heavenly blue morning glory
    sensation mix cosmos
    Rutgers tomato
    large red cherry tomato
    moss curled parsley
    Long Island mountain dill
    Grand Rapids leaf lettuce
    Cindy, I am truly overwhelmed with your thoughtfulness and generosity in putting together this wonderful May basket. THANK YOU!!!
    Mary Ellen

• mellen
    14 years ago

Margaret, you have me listed above that I sent out Cindy's box on Monday. I have a message about that above, also. I just now looked up the DC# on the box that I sent to Cindy. The USPS site states that the box was delievered on Thursday, June 4 to Paradise, CA. I hope she really got it.
    Mary Ellen

Here is the DC# 0307 0020 0005 2563 9154

• uptreasa
    14 years ago

Margaret and Shirley, it didn't come yesterday (Saturday), so perhaps tomorrow (Monday). : ) Thank you. Keeping a watch for Monday's mail. : ) Treasa

• earthlydelights
    14 years ago

my most excellent box came today, complete with a "may basket".

melinda, what a wonderful box of goodies you sent me. i just love it all. all the root plants are getting a good soak and since i got in too late tonight, i'll get everything else potted up or planted tomorrow.

melinda sent me:

spurge balsam
    white liatris
    black eyed susan - i have the perfect place for this and hopefully it will spread and do it's magic
    siloam dream baby - which is a very welcome addition to my g-babe's garden bed
    raspberry blush iris
    4 additional unnamed iris with their pictures included to show me just how beautiful they are. i so look forward to their blooms for many years to come. i just adore iris.
    blue angel hosta
    earth angel hosta - i think both of these are going in my g-babe's bed as well.
    and felix crousse peony - i'm getting those reds slowly but surely!!!!!!!

i'm so elated over these plants and have the perfect place for each of them and they arrived in great condition.

as if that wasn't enough, there is actually a "basket" - a really neat one too that holds 4 garden hand tools. inside the basket were two novels - i've read balducci before, but never tanenbaum, so i'm looking forward to that. also included are a magnetic shopping list (it's on the frig already), garden gloves (couldn't have come at a better time - i am so hard on gloves), ghiradelli milk & caramel bar (my son claimed it), seed bags and earring and necklace set and a large box of nerds!!!!!

also included is the sweetest garden angel statue that is holding a cardinal. i can't wait for my g-babe to see thise. she knows it will be for her bed, but it will blow her away the little bird in the hand. it's so adorable.

melinda, this was an excellent box of items you sent and it was certainly my pleasure to be the recipient. you are a very generous trader and i thank you for all the beauty my garden beds will reflect for years to come.

i wish you good health in your upcoming operation. my thoughts and prayers will remain with you.

thank you again
    maryanne

• uptreasa
    14 years ago

It came! It came! Shirley sent me a nice box! I was busy in the garden tonight planting my treasures. : ) Here's the list of goodies:

Daylilies-'Denali', 'Roses in Snow', and 'Spotted Fever' : )

Siberian Iris-'Jewelled Crown' : )

Louisiana Iris- 'Black Gamecock' and 'Voodoo Magic' : )

Bearded Iris- 'Apollo One', 'Celebration', and 'Living Legecy' : )

Every plant was healthy and vigorous.

A handy notepad for June : )
    A cute ladybug pothugger : )
    Sweet seduction bath crystals : )
    And, last but not least, those panties we've all been giggling about. : )

I had fun going through my box, and will enjoy everything in it. One of the daylilies will bloom in a while. Thank you so much, Shirley. I'm so happy to have your Iris and Daylilies. You're a sweetheart. Thank you again!! Treasa : )

• alwaysagarden
    14 years ago

Hi Ladies,
    I recieved Mary Ellens box yesterday... oh my it was filled with wonderful things!
    She sent me many, many various lovely types of glad bulbs
    also a bunch of crinum bulbs
    a lily
    a hosta
    an echinacea
    and one other red leafed plant... forgot the name but it is so sweet looking.
    also a very cute American flag wind chime
    Mary Ellen, you out did yourself! Thank you so much for this fantastic May basket...I am thrilled!!
    I've got to start looking up all the names so I can see the colors of the beautiful bulbs she sent, and I know several areas where they will all be planted! : )

Cindy : )

• Melinda Hagen
    14 years ago

Maryanne, So glad you liked the box that I sent to you! I had fun doing it! But I found your puzzle books on the dresser after I mailed the box!! So very sorry!
    So much going on!
    Thanks also to everyone for their kind concern and prayers! Very much appreciated! Go back Friday on the 12th for presurgery labs, test, etc. Then have surgery on the 19th. Thought they would do the one where they deadened the area and cut slits about every 2 to 3 inches and pulled the vein out, but going to be put to sleep. Going to do the big incision and other things. Not really sure, but we will glad when it is over so can not have any more clots in that leg! But then there are other veins! Hope not!
    Have a wonderful day ladies! Melinda

• margaret_2007
    Original Author
    14 years ago

My dear Ladies & wonderful friends-I do believe that all the baskets have their new homes now so can I safely close this RR? If someone hasn't rec'd yet, please let me know. It has been so much fun for me & special "Thanks" to each of you for being such a great group to work with.

The prizes are going out today to winners of the game & hoping all will be pleased. Blessings & hugs to all of you special ladies! Margaret

• Melinda Hagen
    14 years ago

I just want to give you, Margaret, a HUGE HUG and THANK YOU! I received a wonderful surprise today in the mail! I had forgotten all about playing the game!
    I got Shea Socks (which I love!), fabulous bath wash, and a pair of Fiskars hand clippers! Thanks so very much! I've been a little down lately and that cheered me right up!
    Melinda

• dirt_under_my_nails
    14 years ago

Ohhh Margaret........

I too received a great prize box today!Thanks!
    later...April

• earthlydelights
    14 years ago

margaret, you did an excellent job hosting your first swap.

everyone received such wonderful boxes and your prize boxes sound great as well!

maryanne