Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
margaret_2007

UPDATE: obf's mmm of may's #2

margaret_2007
14 years ago

Good Morning, Ladies

Today is the big day! Here is the list of wants.I will be posting clues for you each day. Also Remy has done a great job of sending each of us the forms we made out all about ourselves & that would be a great help to figure out the mystery of who wants what. You might check the posting from our 1st post where favorites were listed! If you haven't updated your page of wants & likes here on the forum, now would be a good time (I love this place). Lots of places to look!

I am having trouble getting our image off of Photobucket so can't post it here. Here is the list of our ladies participating!

Cindy/alwaysagarden

Amy/amybabyboy3

Shirley/brittneysgran

Deb/debbya

Amy/dieg01991

April/dirt_under_my_nails

Maryanne/earthlydelights

Melinda/ilovefarac

Melissa/hazelnutbunny

Dottie/Luckyladyd

Mary Ellen/mellen

Remy/Remy

Treasa/uptreasa

Carol/veeja11

List of wants:

1. spring candle & plant markers

2. sun catcher & plant markers

3. hand shovel

4. razor & lilac bush cutting (rooted, if possible)

5. garden flag 12" x 12"

6. Panties size 5 or 6 preferably not white!

7. windchimes

8. plants, plants, plants

9. gloves

1. red peony, box of nerds, puzzles only magazine

2. something from sender's area- local food item or local trinket

3. Favorite seeds of favorite plant & why they like it

4. orange profusion zinna seeds, Little honey oak leaf hydrangea, giant blue allium

5. mystery-I will post this when I receive

Let's get started. I will add more clues each day!

Blessings, Margaret

Comments (100)

• canyonwind
    14 years ago

Melissa and Mary Ellen...so lovely dong "OBF Membership Business" with you both...LOL! And Deb, thanks for vouching for me too!

Margaret...love your game...to darn funny!

Have a wonderful and safe weekend!

Annie

• earthlydelights
    14 years ago

so melissa and mary ellen are lovely dong? would that be cow dong? LOLOLOLOL (i know, it was a typo on annie's part)

nice to have you in our group, annie. WELCOME!

thanks for the birthday wishes. april, great card LMAO. i love when my BD falls on the holiday weekend. my weekend is all about gardening and i couldn't have planned it any better. i am attending workshops tomorrow in the morning on roses and the late afternoon on vegetable gardening and sunday i am volunteering at the local arboretum, which i so look forward to. it's such a lovely place. monday will be a honor day and then i'll either attend a picnic or choose not to. i'll play it by ear. but my biggest gift is next week when i am doing a chartered day trip to two different iris farms - what a day that is going to be ~~ I CANNOT WAIT..

margaret, i am sorry i didn't acknowledge earlier your need of positive thoughts and prayers. i didn't forget to offer them up, just the post. hope everything has picked up. oh, and as of today, i'm "understanding" what you said. had to go back and see if you said similar things prior...but you didn't. bad margaret!!!!!!!

today we had a picnic at work. it was pretty nice. as it was concluding, i thanked everyone for throwing it for my birthday! too funny, i'm not really their employee and the job ends (yeehaw) on wednesday.

has anyone ever been to scotland?

i have more to say, but my friend is here and she's anxious to get going. be back in a few hours to finish whatever thoughts i think i still have.

maryanne

1. Deb
    2. Melinda
    3. AmyAZ
    4. Carol
    5. AmyBaby
    6. Cindy
    7. Treasa
    8. Melissa
    9. April

1. Maryanne
    2. Remy
    3. MaryEllen
    4. Dottie
    5. Shirley
  • remy_gw
    14 years ago

Happy Birthday Maryanne!

Hope you did something special today.

April,
    I love the animation!

Margaret,
    Did my second group of answers not count? No, I know you just missed mine somehow : ) I sure hope things are clearing up on the home front.

Carol,
    I will email Annie all the stuff.

Dottie,
    I hope you find a truck soon! I'm curious...Why does it have to be white?

Amy A-Z,
    Have a nice trip!
    Remy

• luckyladyd
    14 years ago

Happy Birthday Maryanne! Yes, I've been to Scotland. Are you going? What a fun weekend you have planned! Iris farms??? Didn't know there were such things! I'm in NJ. Would they be too far for me to consider?

Welcome Annie. It's a great group. I'm kind of new, too.

Margaret, glad to hear you are handling your issues and things are working out. I'm totally at a loss in this game! If my right answers are even LESS this time, I think I will throw myself out of the contest!

Still looking at pickup trucks. Every day my son and I drive 30 or 40 miles to some obscure car dealer, often to be told the truck has just been sold - or it's not here right now, or they are closed! It's depressing! How hard should it be to find a decent used pickup truck! This is time I could be in the garden! The weeds are getting ahead of me and there are still plants in pots to go into gardens out there. Gah!

Ah, yes, well it's well after five o'clock and I think I'll go have a glass of wine. Cheers, All.

Dottie

• luckyladyd
    14 years ago

Oh, Hey Remy,

I didn't see your post until I just posted mine: It doesn't HAVE to be white . . . it's just that I hate vehicles that are dark colors because they get so hot - even in winter - with the sun, and all our cars are white and I like the look of having them match - as otherwise it might look like a car lot at our house! Our present (dead) truck is white. They really are easier to keep looking clean. My Jeep is white. Had a black one before this one and really, really yearned for a white one. Never again! Oooooh! My son just said he might have found a newly listed truck to look at. Gotta go!
    Dottie

• Melinda Hagen
    14 years ago

Well, here are my guesses again!
    1. Melissa
    2. Deb
    3. Melinda
    4. Carol
    5. amybabyboy
    6. cindy
    7. Amy
    8. Treasa
    9. April

1. maryanne
    2. remy
    3. Mary Ellen
    4. Dottie
    5. Shirley

Melinda-Everyone have a great weekend!

• margaret_2007
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Good evening,Ladies,
    Here I am, caught again. This time by Remy. Yes, You had 4 answers right, dear Lady. I think I am going to have to get a Secretary to help me with all of this. Any volunteers? The pay is cheap but the laughs make up for that!

I am going to check today's answers & remember, I posted 5 (that's five clues) today that are good ones (please eliminate the one to Cindy) so if you haven't looked closely at them, please check them again carefully!

Have a wonderful evening & enjoy both good & bittersweet memories on this Memorial Day weekend.

Blessings, Margaret

• veeja11
    14 years ago

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANNY !!!
    todays guesses
    1.melissa
    2. deb
    3. melinda
    4.carol
    5. maryellen
    6. theresa
    7. cindy
    8. shirley
    9. april
    10 maryanne

1. remy
      12.amy baby boy
    2. dottie
    3. amy a-z okay we need a volunteer big sis for anne so she can join us. do I got the ans right yet ? I still think bunny needs panties but Melinda got 8 right and she says theresa so I'm shocked but will go with it. hugs carol >target="_blank">
  • margaret_2007
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Good morning, Ladies

Here's the winning #'s from yesterday (I think)!

Maryanne-1st guessing-5 2nd guessing-7

April-7

Melinda-7

Cindy-9

Dee-9

Shirley-10

Carol-10 Wow-up from 4 yesterday. You have been busy, Girl!

If I missed anyone, please let me know.

I will be out of town today to decorate graves so will check in tonight to see if you all got the clues from yesterday included in today's answers. Where we go to the cemetary the town lines the street to there with flags & it is beautiful!

Love you Ladies & have a wonderful day. I know some of you have lost loved ones since last Memorial Day. I will be thinking of you.

Blessings, & GOD BLESS AMERICA

• alwaysagarden
    14 years ago

Hope you had a Happy Birthday Maryanne!!!

Hey I think someone has almost got it. Trying again Margaret!

1. Shirley
    2. Melissa
    3. Melinda
    4. Maryanne
    5. Maryellen
    6. Treasa
    7. Cindy
    8. Deb
    9. April
    10.Remy
    11.Carol
    12.Shirley
    13.Amy a-z
    14.Dottie

Now did I get more right or get more wrong this time...???

• dirt_under_my_nails
    14 years ago

Crap!!! I went from 9 to 7!!! My guesses today:
    1 deb
    2 bunny
    3 melinda
    4 carol
    5 mellen
    6 uptreasa
    7 cindy
    8 shirley
    9 dirt
    10 earthly
    11 remy
    12 amybabyboy
    13 dottie
    14 amy a-z

• luckyladyd
    14 years ago

One more time:
    1. Deb
    2. Melissa
    3. Melina
    4. Carol
    5. Mellon
    6. Amy B
    7. Cindy
    8. Amy A-z
    9. April

1. Maryanne
    2. Remy
    3. Treasa
    4. Dottie
    5. Shirley

??

• luckyladyd
    14 years ago

Sorry, MelinDa. . . my "D" key doesn't always work!

Dottie

• Melinda Hagen
    14 years ago

That's ok Dottie! My keys don't work sometimes either. And you aren't the only one April! I went down also! Will have to work on the new clues! Melinda

• alwaysagarden
    14 years ago

Hi Margaret,
    I live in a smaller town too. The flags are lined up and go on for a long ways. It really is wonderful to see. Gives me a strong feeling of awe and sadness when I drive by them all.

• uptreasa
    14 years ago

Maryanne, Hope you had a special happy birthday. To answer your question, yes I received the nice prize and sent an email thanking you. You couldn't have sent a better prize. I love the herb book and booklet. I really appreciate that you picked out the perfect prize for me. Thank you again from the bottom of my heart.

I'll try these guesses, or should I say copies?? LOL
    1. Deb
    2. Melissa
    3. Melinda
    4. Carol
    5. Mary ellen
    6. Treasa
    7. Cindy
    8. Amy (diego)
    9. April

1. Amy (babyboy)
    2. Remy
    3. Maryanne
    4. Dottie
    5. Shirley
  • earthlydelights
    14 years ago

hi everyone, hope you all had a great day and have a happy tomorrow. minimal now, just wanted to pop in and say "hi".

treasa, i did see your message and acknowledged it. i was talking to THREASA. see, even you are confused! LOL

maryanne

• margaret_2007
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Good morning, Ladies

Another special day for one of our lovely ladies. Please all wish a wonderful day to

Oh,no!That's not you looking for more plants, is it? You just can't get enough of great plants, can you? Look at all the work you do, looking for plants, planting plants, sending plants. I hope your DH understands!

Now for yesterday's #'s:

Cindy-7

April-10

Dottie-10

Treasa-12!!!!

Is tomorrow the big day for our winner? I hate to see it end!! Hope you all are getting those baskets ready to send out Tuesday. I know one of them has already been received!

It is another beautiful day here & hope your holiday weekend continues to be a great one!

Blessings, Margaret

• Melinda Hagen
    14 years ago

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend. Here are my guesses for today!
    1. Deb
    2. Melissa
    3. Melinda
    4. Carol
    5. Mary Ellen
    6. Treasa
    7. Cindy
    8. Amy
    9. April

1. MaryAnne
    2. Remy
      12, Amy babyboy
    3. Dottie
    4. Shirley

Melinda

• Theresa24 (NeFL9a)
    14 years ago

Hi ladies,

Looks like you all are having a great time this month! Sorry to be away so much. Things have been insane for me for several weeks. I have a nice slow weekend right now though and intend to get caught up on all these posts. I can't garden this weekend...things are sopping wet outside from rain all week. So I've been busy with the usual sports, scoring, and ending the school year. The good news I got this week was that I will be staying at my school. I will be switching to Kindergarten but I'm very happy and excited about it....especially about staying. I'm looking forward to joining the June swap and I haven't forgot about hosting in July.

Theresa

• dirt_under_my_nails
    14 years ago

For Amy A-Z:

My guesses for today:
    1. Deb
    2. Melissa
    3. Melinda
    4. Carol
    5. Mellen
    6. Treasa
    7. Cindy
    8. Amy A-Z
    9. April

1. Maryanne
    2. Remy
    3. Amybabyboy
    4. Dottie
    5. Shirley
  • luckyladyd
    14 years ago

Good morning:
    I'll give it another shot:
    1. Deb
    2. Melissa
    3. Melinda
    4. Carol
    5. Maryellen
    6. Treasa
    7. Cindy
    8. Amy A
    9. April

1. Maryanne
    2. Remy
      12 Amy B
    3. Dottie
    4. Shirley

??

Dottie

• hazelnutbunny
    14 years ago

Wow....someone will SURELY get it today!
    Good luck, ladies!! :O)

Have a safe & fun Memorial day!
    Remember why we celebrate!

• uptreasa
    14 years ago

I'll try this:

1.Deb
    2.Melissa
    3.Melinda
    4.Carol
    5.Mary Ellen
    6.Treasa
    7.Cindy
    8.Amy diego
    9.April
    10.Mary Anne
    11.Remy
    12.Amy babyboy
    13.Dottie
    14.Shirley

• veeja11
    14 years ago

Hope this is the correct thread, Deb did you like your box ? new guesses
    1. Deb
    2. Melissa
    3. Melinda
    4. carol
    5. maryellen
    6. theresa
    7. Cindy
    8.amy diego
    9. april

1. maryanne
    2. remy
    3. amy baby boy
      13, dottie
    4. shirley
      brain is fried hope I get it soon. I have two phone numbers, I promise not to make drunk calls if I can get some more numbers, miss cantelope I don't have yours. hugs carol
  • luckyladyd
    14 years ago

I can vouch. She's had my number for over a week and no drunk calls. Is it just me, or does everyone else see that five of us have identical answers!! We MUST be right!

Dottie

• dirt_under_my_nails
    14 years ago

LOL!!!I guess the one who posted first will win it! Looks like Melinda beat me by 9 mins.Hope everyone enjoys the day.
    later...April

• margaret_2007
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Good morning, Ladies

Did we have a winner? Oh, no. We have 5 winners! Way to go ladies!

The winners are:

APRIL CAROL CINDY DOTTIE TREASA

Now for the prize which I didn't mention before. The request for her basket from #6 will be given to all winners.

Please email me your size, type & color selection as soon as possible. I'm here to please! If all of you want to be included in the prizes being sent, I can do that too, but just the size & style as you will only get white!

Have a wonderful Memorial Day & please remember the families of Vets also.

It would be nice to hear of each of your celebrations & traditions for this day! Blessings, Margaret

• remy_gw
    14 years ago

Wow! 5 winners! Congratulations everyone. Got to love the prize too. : )
    Treasa, that was too funny!!
    Remy

• hazelnutbunny
    14 years ago

Woo-Hoo! The girls are getting panties! LOL
    How funny is that? :O)

Makes me think of the hanes commercial, with the lady giving out panties to wedgie-picking gals....!! :P

• dieg01991
    14 years ago

Hi everyone!
    I'm back home now and I get to work in the garden ALL DAY, I can't wait!!!! Thanks for the b-day wishes, it was a good day. Congrats to all the winners of this game, it was a fun one!

Hope everyone's having a great weekend!
    Amy A-z

• brittneysgran
    14 years ago

Just got home from camping..had a great time...I just had to see if anyone had won yet and I see 5 winners....WAY TO GO LADIES. Better get the camper unpacked, will be back later.

Shirley

• luckyladyd
    14 years ago

Just stopping in to say hi while I'm on a break from working in the yard. It's really hot here today working in the sun. My DH, aka The Penguin, is installing new water tap stations for me underground! I will have a faucet and hoses just about everywhere I need them now! I'm so excited! Of course, there are tunnels and trenches all through the grass now, and I had to rescue a couple of big plants from out of the path of the advancing pipeline.

My irises are out in full flower and are gorgeous! I really must get to handling that photobucket thing. Wish I could share.

Must get back out there and do damage control!

Dottie

• alwaysagarden
    14 years ago

I can't believe I'm one of the winners...yay! Congrats to April,Carol,Dottie and Treasa too! Thanks so much for the prize you are sending Margaret. Who would have ever thought it would be panties though!!!

Cindy : )

• dirt_under_my_nails
    14 years ago

Good Morning!!!
    Just a heads up to the one I'm sending to....your box ~might~ be headed out later than planned. Rain for the next 4 days!!Can't dig plants outta the mud.

Only 4 more days of school for the kids!! Yay!! I'm sooo ready to start sleeping in!Anyone have big summer vacation plans? Looks like we won't be making our yearly trip out to see my parents this year. Not sure we will even be able to go camping,depends on how soon hubby's hip is up to sleeping in a tent!
    I'm off to (try) to get caught up on the laundry.
    later...April

• Melinda Hagen
    14 years ago

Well congratulations to all that picked the answers correctly! I guess my guesses didn't get in late enough!
    Hope everyone had a great holiday!
    We got rain the whole time! Like a lake in the yard here, can't get in it today-so will be hoping tomorrow to mail! I went out last pm and sank almost a foot in many places. Hope it doesn't rain anymore today! Melinda

• margaret_2007
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Good Morning, Ladies-

Another celebration today for one of our members who posts

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY-JEANNE (SANDLAPPER ROSE)

Do you have any pictures of you wedding you could post? I know we all would enjoy seeing them-perhaps one for then & one for now? Pray you have a most wonderful day!

Waiting for emails from the winners (I have only received one so far)

You all have a wonderful day & get those baskets in the mail! I will start a new sight when they start being sent & received. Blessings, Margaret

• sandlapper_rose
    14 years ago

What a surprise to see Happy Anniversary wishes! Thank you, Margaret. I have a wedding picture I can post. However, right now I am not having luck resizing it. I'll get back online later to do that. Nothng recent to add though. It seems we take fewer and fewer pictures that include us as we get older. I wonder why that is? LOL
    Jeanne

• margaret_2007
    Original Author
    14 years ago

MAY DAY-MAY DAY (important message from Margaret's sec'y)

Margaret has been commited to where she resides in NA NA land & I insisted on taking over. She has made a horrible mistake & will decide how to take care of it when she comes back to reality! Now for the bad news:

Margaret posted that Cindy as a winner instead of Melinda.

Suggestions from members will be accepted to correct this huge error so please send them right away as Margaret might be back anytime now. Please keep her in mind as she needs much help!! This is the picture I took of her when she found out what happened. (looks like she dyed her hair because she always told me she was leaving it grey so her kids & husband would be able to see what they had done to her over the years, poor soul)

Margaret's Sec'y-Hope

(Hope this is fixable with no hard feelings)

• Melinda Hagen
    14 years ago

OH, Margaret don't worry about it!! It is just a game and I had a ton of fun playing! Please don't waste any stress on my part! We all have enough of that without something like this!! Melinda

• sandlapper_rose
    14 years ago

Okay. Giving the picture another try...
    {{gwi:1269368}}
    Oh, to be that age again!
    Jeanne

• hazelnutbunny
    14 years ago

Don't worry Margaret....happens to the best of us!

Ohh, what a great picture, Jeanne!!
    Happy anniversary!! :O)

• Melinda Hagen
    14 years ago

How funny, Melissa!
    Happy Anniversary Jeanne! I too love the pic! Do you have an after pic? That would be so cool!
    Melinda

• hazelnutbunny
    14 years ago

Ok...see what I mean about losing my mind? I came on here earlier to post that I'd mailed my box...and totally forgot to say that.
    Duh.
    Sooo...Anyway....here's the DC#- 0309 0330 0000 5379 3177
    I hope the lady I'm sending it to enjoys!! :O)

• Debra Andruska
    14 years ago

Carol,
    I loved my box, and have been waiting to post what was in it for a couple of days. ;)

Carol sent~
    Some yummy spa lotions, garden rock, pretty purple candle!
    Shake and feed fertilizer, plant markers, and some seeds/plants! I'll post a list of the seeds/plants later, it looks like rain- and I have our turtle (in his enviroment/cage) outside.

Hugs,
    a fast RUNNING

DEB

• amybabyboy3
    14 years ago

My package will be going out a little late also. We are just having so much rain and the yard is so muddy. Hopefully another day or so and I can dig without rain.

Jeanne, I love your picture! Happy Anniversary! Take care, Amy

• luckyladyd
    14 years ago

Just stopping in to post that I mailed my package today, too. I am embarrassed to say that I am such a poor packer that I ended up sending two boxes. And to make it worse, the numbers aren't consecutive, because they wouldn't take the second box I was using to send because it wasn't wrapped in brown paper, so I had to leave and get brown paper and come back! (I couldn't quite manage to use the flat rate ones.) Anyway, hope my secret recipient enjoys! I had a lot of fun putting it together.
    # 3039 0330 0001 8893 0850 and #0309 0330 0001 8893 0843.

Margaret, tell your secretary to bugger off and let you be! You did a marvelous job of keeping things fun and interesting for the game and the swap! It will probably take me years to attempt to host!

Dottie

• brittneysgran
    14 years ago

Jeanne-Happy Anniversary...Does the years fly by or what!!

Margaret-I have lost my name for swap partners....Can't find the e-mail anywhere....Please send again. Thanks

It seems by the posts everyone is getting lots of rain. It has rained here for the last 4-5 days. I'm looking for gopher wood to build an ark.

Shirley

• veeja11
    14 years ago

Thank God Bunny won. I was worried about her running around without any, I feel much better about being a winner now. I don't think a woman has ever sent me panties so it will be a first. I received a box from Deb today a cute lil silk ivy basket that is also a lamp. also two oportuna cactus cuttings. thankyou Deb. who has the june swap ? my yard is starting to bloom, this is year two in our new house so it's our first good blooming season, always fun as things come up I didn't know I had. I am trying to start a sedum bed and am looking for as many different ones as I can find. will post pics soon. big hugs carol

• margaret_2007
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Good morning-Ladies
    I have let my secretary go, forgiven myself & moving onward & upward. Sending you all coffee & hugs this morning. What a special group of ladies we are!

Welcome, Annie. I love your GW name. How did you come up with it? You can see what an imagination I have with the one I have! You will have a delightful time here, I am sure.

This is post #100 so I am starting a new one with baskets sent & received (I hope I don't have to bring Hope back for this).

Melissa-I want you to know you made my day with what you sent me yesterday. It had been a downer before that. Thanks so much. You are really doing what our theme was for this RR

ASPIRE TO INSPIRE BEFORE WE EXPIRE

I needed that inspiration yesterday, for sure!

Blessings, Margaret