Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flowergirl34_gw

NEW: obf:'may'ed in the usa swap :)

flowergirl34
11 years ago

***please, pretend logo is right here***

Happy May to Our Bloomin' Friends! When I think of May I think of 2 very important holidays. Mother's Day and Memorial Day. I couldn't think of anything better than to combine the two :)

Here's the rules:

~For this swap you need to send 4 items.

1. Red/White/Blue Seeds (This swap is only for seeds). At least one packet of each color. Annuals, perennials...something nice off your partners swap list would be nice. Anything extra that you would like to send is a bonus :)

2. Your favorite "getting ready for summer" recipe. It could be for a super yummy bbq sauce, or a to die for macaroni salad...anything that you love in the summer and would like your partner to try.

3. 1 "MADE IN THE USA" garden product. Everyone has been looking at labels lately to see where the products you buy are made. This can be anything...garden gloves, garden decor, jiffy pots...anything you think your partner would love to try, but, it has to be MADE IN THE USA :)

4. A super special "MADE IN THE USA BY YOU" card. Anything you can think up...be creative. Remember, it has to be made by you, so that's made in the usa too.

Sign-ups are until Saturday, May 12.Please post here to sign-up. I will post partners on Sunday, May 13. You will have until Saturday, May 26 to send.

Shipping will be a small flat rate box or a flat rate bubblie envie, with delivery confirmation. Please post here when you mail with your conf. #.

Please post here when you receive so we can all enjoy your package with you.

This is a super easy swap. Red, white and blue AND flowers for Mother's Day...what could be better?

OH! and you know that I'll be posting some B I N G O :D after sign-ups.

Now you know you wanna sign up!

Have a super day!

vina

***OBF, is a year long swap group. You must be a member to be a part of this swap. If you would like to join OBF's please shoot me an email and we can get the ball rolling :)***THANKS!!

Comments (100)

• veeja11
    11 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

love sendin to shirley, send me your addy please lost it again. guess you are in astroknot, welcome
    hugs

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Happy Thursday!

I've received Bingo Words from:
    Melody
    Annie
    Jeanne
    Shirley
    Janet

You have till the end of today to send me your words if you want to get in the FUN! :)

Janet, I rec'd your email. I'll be sending your seeds out on Friday morning. :)

Choosing Bingo words for this was fun. Taylor has been practicing her marching for the Memorial Day Parade with her Brownie Troop. She' so excited!

Just as the weather starts getting nicer...I get sick! :( I have completely lost my voice, and my glands are so swollen they are killing me. I think there is something going around at school, a couple of teachers had this too. :( So weird! No fever, no runny nose, no regular cold symptoms. Just achy all over and horrible throat. Okay, time to get off the pity wagon...thanks for "listening"...since I have NO time to be sick. :)

Have a great day!
    vina

• 1JanetH
    11 years ago

Vina- Hope you feel better soon and your seeds left today :)

Janet

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hey all!

I'm beginning to feel a little better. I can kinda talk now, at least at a whisper :)

Janet, your seeds are going out today :) So your side swap will be done once we both receive. Feel free to sign up for the June swap. :) WE'RE HAPPY TO HAVE A NEW OBF'ER :D

Jeanne, I stopped at a Craft/Farmers Market this morning and found something MADE IN THE USA for your package :) I hope you like it :) I should hopefully be mailing out today. I'll post DC when I mail.

I have received BINGO lists from:
    Melody
    Annie
    Jeanne
    Shirley
    Janet
    Carol

If I missed anyone that means I don't have your Bingo list. Please let me know if I've missed you.

So lets get onto the game. :)

THE PATRIOTIC BINGO WORDS FOR FRIDAY ARE: NAVY and RED

PATRIOTIC Bingo words called:
    NAVY
    RED

MAY'ED' IN THE USA PARTNERS:
    flowergirl34 (vina) sends to sandlapper_rose (jeanne)
    sandlapper_rose (jeanne) sends to veeja11 (carol)
    margaret_2007 (margaret) sends to Astroknot (melody)
    brittneysgran (shirley) sends to canyonwind (annie)
    veeja11 (carol) sends to brittneysgran (shirley)
    Astroknot (melody) sends to flowergirl34 (vina)
    canyonwind (annie) sends to margaret_2007 (margaret)

Have a super Friday everyone!
    vina

• Astroknot
    11 years ago

For Bingo, how many words do we need to have? All ten?

• 1JanetH
    11 years ago

Vina - where do I go to sign up for the June swap? I've looked for a post but haven't been able to locate one on the forums. (But because I'm new to GW, I may be looking right at the silly thing! haha) Thanks!

• Astroknot
    11 years ago

1JanetH, as far as I know, there isn't a June swap created yet. I'm sure it'll start soon!

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hey everyone!

Yes, you need all 10 words to get BINGO. Whoever calls it first wins :)

June hasn't been posted yet. Usually, the hostess will post at the end of this month or the first couple days of the month they are hosting. :)

PATRIOTIC BINGO WORDS FOR SATURDAY: DEMOCRACY and USA

NAVY
    RED
    DEMOCRACY
    USA

Jeanne, I did mail out your package yesterday afternoon. I'm crossing my fingers it makes it there in one piece :). I left the DC in my car, and I'll post when I bring it in.

flowergirl34 (vina) sends to sandlapper_rose (jeanne)***SENT***

Enjoy your Saturday!
    vina

• 1JanetH
    11 years ago

Vina - Thanks for the info! I'll be on the lookout for the June host's post :)
    Janet

• sandlapper_rose
    11 years ago

Carol,
    I will be mailing your package tomorrow. I hope it gets there okay.
    Thanks for being our hostess, Vina.
    Jeanne

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Good morning!

I'm so sorry that I didn't post any BINGO words yesterday. I got so involved with working outside that I didn't come in till it was time to make dinner. :) It was so beautiful yesterday!

So, we'll draw 4 words today.

THE PATRIOTIC BINGO WORDS FOR SUNDAY ARE: MARINES and CANDLE LIGHT CEREMONY

THE PATRIOTIC BINGO WORDS FOR MONDAY ARE: WHITE and APPLE PIE

NAVY
    RED
    DEMOCRACY
    USA
    MARINES
    CANDLE LIGHT CEREMONY
    WHITE
    APPLE PIE

Wow! With 4 words drawn today, is anyone getting close to BINGO?

flowergirl34 (vina) sends to sandlapper_rose (jeanne)***SENT***

Jeanne, your DC# is 0311 1660 0001 9243 1596 Hopefully it will arrive today.

On a super surprise happy note :0) I won the Historical Society Photography Contest this last weekend! I still can't believe it! And you know what won???? A picture of my dad's morning glories from last summer. And where did he get those morning glories??? From a GW Round Robin trade I was in last spring!!! I'm saying it again...you guys ROCK!

I only entered because I love to take pictures (I literally always have a camera with me, kinda like a security blanket, lol!), and the contest looked like a lot of fun. It was a peoples choice vote. I feel so proud.

Have a super day! Another beauty here, I'll be out with my iris' :)...they just started to bloom.
    vina

• sandlapper_rose
    11 years ago

Vina,
    My package arrived today. Thank you - what a great surprise! There is a stained glass picture and it is of a gernium. I just love it and the design really makes me feel like we are heading into summer - which, of course, we are. I have a fondness for geraniums. You also had me pedded on the recipe - Rhubard Crisp. I love things with rhubarb. They have started to sell it in our stores, so I'll watch for some. Unfortunately it doesn't get cold enough in the winter for it to grow here or I would definitely have some in my garden. The card is really cute and it is up on my mantle now. Vina also sent a vanilla Tootsie Roll. I didn't even know they came in vanilla and it was "Made in the USA." Also, there are several packs of seeds in each of the three colors. I am especially excited about the World's Smallest Gourds. A lady in our Master Gardener group uses the very small gourds to make pendants for necklaces and ever since I saw them I wanted to try that, so we'll see how it goes.

Thanks so much, Vina. The things you sent are wonderful. I was going through my seeds to send this swap out and realized how old most of my seeds are. In fact, I bought some for my partner for this swap instead of sending what I had.

Speaking of which - Carol, your package is on its way.
    Delivery confirmation: 0311 2550 0002 9662 8121.

Congratulations on the photo contest win, Vina. I keep wanting to enter one so I will need to keep an eye out. The ones I notice seem to be where you have to have the photo matted and framed and hanging somewhere on display and I haven't gone to all that trouble yet.

For some reason I am really tired today. In fact I took a nap and I almost never do that. I think it's the warm/hot weather settling in for the summer. It's 86 right now and no sign of that lovely rain that we got last week.

Jeanne

• Astroknot
    11 years ago

Ooh, congratulations Vina, on winning that photo contest! Any way for you to post the photo here on GW for us to see?

Btw, I'm still working on my part of the swap, still need to make a card. I'll hopefully be sending it out in the next few days.

~ Melody

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Afternoon!

Janet, your package arrived safe and sound :) Please let me know when mine arrives for you...WELCOME TO THE OBF'S! :D

Jeanne, I'm SO HAPPY it made it there! :D This lady had them at the farmer's market. She does the painting and her husband makes the frames. You can't get much more Made in the USA than that. The recipe is so easy! and so YUMMY! I got this from a family member years ago, she's now in her late 90's.

Matting and Framing is what I had to do too. I just use the large pieces of poster board you get at the dollar store and cut them down to any size frame you want. Then I just use 2 sided tape in the corners of the pictures. I do it the simple way. I've seen pictures with double matting and framing and whole kit and kaboodle done to it. You don't have to do that...just a simple black frame will do the trick :D

Melody, I am "handicapped" to say the least when it comes to posting pictures. I have tried it I can't tell you how many times. Trying to load it in to photobucket and then to here never works for me. Usually I just end up with a long web addy where the picture is suppose to go, lol! I can email pictures and that's about how far my knowledge goes, lol. :)

THE PATRIOTIC BINGO WORDS FOR TUEDAY ARE: CITIZENSHIP and PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE

NAVY
    RED
    DEMOCRACY
    USA
    MARINES
    CANDLE LIGHT CEREMONY
    WHITE
    APPLE PIE
    CITIZENSHIP
    PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE

How are we doing with the BINGO words? Anyone close??

flowergirl34 (vina) sends to sandlapper_rose (jeanne)***SENT*** REC'D***
    sandlapper_rose (jeanne) sends to veeja11 (carol)***SENT***

Have a great day!
    vina

• 1JanetH
    11 years ago

Vina - First off, congrats on the photo win! I absolutely LOVE to take photos. My camera, like yourself, is ALWAYS with me. I can be driving down the road and come to a complete stop just to take a photo. Needless to say, DH has gotten used to that LOL!

Second, I'm so glad you received my package. I hope they do well for you :)

Last but not least.....hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the outdoors. DH & I were out last night and stopped off at Wal-Mart. I automatically head to the garden center to check out the "mark downs". They had a complete flat cart of roses that were to be marked down. I asked the garden center attendee if he was going to mark them down. He said they were supposed to have been marked down a week ago but he couldn't do it without the manager's approval. Well, I did just that. I asked for the manager. She came over and told me I could have them at 50% off the register price. 4 of them were regularly $9.97 and 1 was regularly $16. Because they weren't marked appropriately, when I got to the register, they rang up at $6.97 each. When the cashier took my 50% off, I paid $3.48 each for 5 new roses!!! I'm sooooo excited!!! So, ladies, don't hesitate to ask that manager for a discount. The really sad part was, the attendant told me that if they didn't sell them soon, they'd just trash them!! My heart was like....NOOO!! What's worse, if I were to go to their trash dumpster where they put the plants, I could've been arrested for stealing! Ugh! Crazy! But, I got 5 new rose shrubs :D

Enjoy the evening!
    Janet

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Happy Wednesday!

AHHHH Janet! You are in the right place. We all feel the exhileration of a saved discounted plant :D Congrats! And I think its silly too that Walmart and some other big box stores would rather throw them away than mark them down further? Happily, I can say my Lowes doesn't do that. They've come so far down on some plants that I've bought entire racks (about 60-70 gallon pots) for $20. I usually end of giving most of the ones away I don't use, but at least they're surviving. Some people just don't understand "plant people" (as I'm referred too around here) :D

THE PATRIOTIC BINGO WORDS FOR WEDNESDAY ARE: UNCLE SAM and BLUE

NAVY
    RED
    DEMOCRACY
    USA
    MARINES
    CANDLE LIGHT CEREMONY
    WHITE
    APPLE PIE
    CITIZENSHIP
    PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
    UNCLE SAM
    BLUE

How are we doing with the BINGO words? Anyone close??

Have a great afternoon!
    vina

• brittneysgran
    11 years ago

Vina I have 5 of the Bingo words. How exciting to win the photo contest.

Janet - Don't you just love good buys, makes me happy for days. LOL Welcome to our group....so glad you chose to join us. You will love all these ladies.

I will be posting the June swap next week. I am leaving Friday for a four day camping trip so it will probably be Monday or Tuesday. Sooooooooooo looking forward to our get-away. I hope to go to Dollywood or Spash Country while we are camping.

Shirley

• 1JanetH
    11 years ago

Vina - I have 5 of the Bingo words....seems like maybe most of us chose the same words??? lol

Shirley - yes, indeed I do love good buys :) Now to get them in the ground and watch them flourish....I hope LOL I'll be looking for the June swap....so excited to be participating with the group for my first time :) I hope you have a wonderful & relaxing time on your camping trip. I love Sieverville. It's one of my favorite get-away spots :)

Happy Hump-Day everyone!

Janet

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Morning all!

This game is getting good! Tight games are always more FUN :D

Shirley, have a terrific time on your vaca.

PATRIOTIC BINGO WORDS FOR THURSDAY: MEMORIAL and VETERANS

NAVY
    RED
    DEMOCRACY
    USA
    MARINES
    CANDLE LIGHT CEREMONY
    WHITE
    APPLE PIE
    CITIZENSHIP
    PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
    UNCLE SAM
    BLUE
    MEMORIAL
    VETERANS

You have 2 more days to get your packages out in the mail :)

It's almost FRIDAY! :)

Talk to you later!
    vina

• canyonwind
    11 years ago

Good Morning OBF'ers,

Finally checking in.....

Margaret, please forgive me....there is no way I will get your "MAY'ED IN THE USA" package out by the 26th. I should be home Saturday and will hit the PO Tuesday. I will post the DC after I send.

I just checked BINGO...oh my...7 words. What a pleasant surprise! Taylor and Billy you are doing good for Annie....LOL! And now that I said that, I am sure my luck will change!

Happy Thursday!

Annie

• margaret_2007
    11 years ago

Hi,Lovely Ladies-Looking forward to the long weekend as I am sure you are all too. Sounds like Shirley, you have great plans. I've not much planned but must get some plants planted as I have been lax in working with the ones I have purchased & don't want to lose them!

Annie-Please don't be concerned by getting the shipment out. I am also having trouble getting mine all together also. This is quite an opening finding Made In the USA products. Hope I don't have to consider my card that item!
    It is so windy here & supposed to be very hot these next few days. We have had a wonderful Spring so I can't complain.
    Have a wonderful Holiday. I am sure we all have great memories & many sad emotions we will go thru but we need to remember that God knows & God cares. Blessings, Margaret

• Astroknot
    11 years ago

I have 7 words too, I am averaging one Bingo word every day. We may not get a winner until almost the last day, it seems.

Vina, I emailed you a quick question regarding your trade. :)

It is incredibly windy in my area, huge gusts. We're getting trees blown down all over the place. Eek! Got to go check on the plants! All of them are in pots on a balcony, and I live at the top of a hill so I have to stake everything.

~ Melody

• sandlapper_rose
    11 years ago

I have 8 words on the list.
    (I had misplaced my words so went back to print them out and check them today... nice surprise!)
    I hope everyone has a good weekend. My husband and I have our anniversary on Saturday - no big plans though.

Jeanne

• brittneysgran
    11 years ago

Jeanne-Happy Anniversary....You have more bingo words than I, I am now up to 7.

Oh goodness someone will probably get it while I am away. Good luck to whoever.

Margaret-Yes our Spring was awesome here too. I do dread hot weather though.

If you want to get some good deals check out Brent and Beckys Bulbs. They are having a 50% off sale on bulbs. It ends this week-end so check it out. I got my order today and the bulbs are huge. I ordered Callas, ASiatics, Dahlias, AStible, Crocosmia and others.

Shirley

• sandlapper_rose
    11 years ago

Shirley
    I went to browse and browsing turned into shopping... LOL...but those are good prices. I had been looking for calla lily bulbs around here and couldn't find any for sale so I got two kinds of callas, two kinds of glads, a begonia, and an oriental lily.
    All those types of bulbs seem to like it here so hopefully they will come back from year to year.
    (Thanks for enabling me!)

Jeanne

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Happy FRIDAY! :)

Shirley, my browsing also turned into shopping. Those ARE some good prices :). You should get some kind of a referral discount, lol.

Jeanne, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

Okay, this game IS getting good :) Remember, the first person to post BINGO! WINS :) Keep checking in.

THE PATRIOTIC BINGO WORDS FOR FRIDAY ARE: ARMY and SONGS

NAVY
    RED
    DEMOCRACY
    USA
    MARINES
    CANDLE LIGHT CEREMONY
    WHITE
    APPLE PIE
    CITIZENSHIP
    PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
    UNCLE SAM
    BLUE
    MEMORIAL
    VETERANS
    ARMY
    SONGS

Have a terrific Friday :)
    vina

• sandlapper_rose
    11 years ago

Thanks for the anniversary wishes. My husband and I both enjoy fondue so we will make that sometimes tomorrow and that will be our celebration. I have been working on a new quilt today. I tend to sew quite a bit during the summer because I don't like hot weather and it gives me something to do indoors where it's air-conditioned.

I now have nine of the BINGO words. Hooray!

Jeanne

• 1JanetH
    11 years ago

Vina -

I received your package of seeds. I really appreciate your generosity! The seeds included the following:

Marigold - Janie Bright Yellow
    Daisy - Crazy
    Daisy - Snowdrift (x2)
    Clasping Coneflower
    Yellow Terra Cotta
    Hibiscus - Rose Mallow
    Rudbeckia - Indian Summer

I can't wait to begin these little soon to be babies :) They will make beautiful additions to my new garden. Thanks again!!

Jeanne - Happy Anniversary!! Hope it's more wonderful than you expect and there's many more to come :)

Everyone else - Happy Memorial Day weekend!! Be safe, enjoy the family & remember those that are serving, have served and will serve.

Happy Sowing everyone!
    Janet

• margaret_2007
    11 years ago

Hello, All Lovely Ladies-Just want to post the confirmation # of package sent to our new nember, Melody 0311 2550 0001 5574 6027. I have been told that the mail moves on the weekend but they were not sure about on holidays. I didn't want to wait until Tuesday so I am going to track it & see what happens. I wouldn't send live plants this late in the week but giving this a try!

Have a wonderful weekend remembering our wonderful freedom paid for by so many! Blessings, Margaret

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Good morning!

Janet, so glad it made it there! I was beginning to wonder if it got lost in the mail. I am so sorry that I sent you 2 Daisy Snowdrifts. I thought I sent 1 Becky and 1 Snowdrift. Terra Cotta is Yarrow :), not yellow...though it does have a yellow hue to it when it flowers, lol!

WOW! Jeanne, 9! SUPER! :)

PATRIOTIC BINGO WORDS FOR SATURDAY: FLAG and PRIDE

NAVY
    RED
    DEMOCRACY
    USA
    MARINES
    CANDLE LIGHT CEREMONY
    WHITE
    APPLE PIE
    CITIZENSHIP
    PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
    UNCLE SAM
    BLUE
    MEMORIAL
    VETERANS
    ARMY
    SONGS
    FLAG
    PRIDE

margaret_2007 (margaret) sends to Astroknot (melody)***SENT***

Anyone have any special Memorial Day plans? Taylors marching in the parade on Monday. :) She's so excited!

Have a super day!
    vina

• sandlapper_rose
    11 years ago

I believe I have BINGO! Please check it out for me, Vina.
    On my list I had: flag, veterans, songs, pledge of allegiance, red, white, blue, USA, memorial, and apple pie.

That's pretty exciting!

I tried to work outside in the yard, but it is so hot that I didn't last long. It's only 85 but it feels much hotter than that - sunny and the air is totally still. So, you can see that other than Bingo my anniversary started out pretty much like usual.

Talk to everyone later and Vina, I hope Taylor has fun in the parade.

Jeanne

• Astroknot
    11 years ago

Package in the mail for Vina (flowergirl34)!

Delivery confirmation #: 03112550000329382327

Phew! Just managed to get it in. I may have gone overboard in the crafty part.

• margaret_2007
    11 years ago

Hello, Lovely Ladies-I just checked on the package I mailed to Melody on the 25th. I sent it from Iowa & was logged in to the San Franciso Post Office at 1 am today. I am just sorry it won't be delivered until Tuesday. Hope are all having a great weekend. It is soooooo hot here & yesterday was the same. I think it is supposed to cool down soon so maybe I'll get the rest of my plants in! We are needing rain but it keeps missing us. One of my favorite sayings is "If you love your freedom-thank a Vet! So very true! Blessings, Margaret

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    11 years ago

HAPPY SUNDAY! :D

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S ! ! ! ! ! ! JEANNE!!!! You've got BINGO!! and how super is it that it was on your wedding anniversary!! WONDERFUL! :D

I'll be mailing out your super special prize later this week.

Melody, Is there such a thing as "overboard" in the craft department. OH MY! I may need an intervention myself :D

Margaret, I love that saying too! And your right, it is SO HOT! 85 here today and a high of 92 tomorrow...where did my 70's go??? We have a 2 inch shortage of rainfall already for this spring.

I've already got the hoses out and have been watering daily. I usually am not at that point till the end of June. Wonder what July and August are going to be like this year?

margaret_2007 (margaret) sends to Astroknot (melody)***SENT***
    Astroknot (melody) sends to flowergirl34 (vina)***SENT***

Have a wonderful Sunday!
    vina

• 1JanetH
    11 years ago

Vina -
    LOL I was wondering what a "yellow terra cotta" was and couldn't find it anywhere LOL don't worry about the double seeds...I appreciated them all! :D

Jeanne - Congrats on the BINGO win!!! Awesome anniversary gift :D

Happy Sunday everyone!
    Janet

• veeja11
    11 years ago

I was out friday, when I returned there was a notice in my p.o. box that I could pick up a package tuesday, so Jeanne its here but can't post contents till I get it on tuesday, thankyou I am sure i will love it. Shirley your box flew on the 25th conf # 03112550000031590829, should be there tuesday also. hugs to all my bloomin friends. only yellow terra cotta I know of is a pot. so i can't help.

• brittneysgran
    11 years ago

Just got home and had a great time. There was 9 total that went so that is way cool. I did get to go to Dollywood on Sun. and we saw Ricky Skaggs. It is such a good deal to get Season Passes. When he came to Franklin last year the tickets were $60.00

Jeanne-Way to go Bingo winner. Glad you and Vina found some good deals. I always get in on Brent and Beckys Memorial Day Bulb sale. I received my order Thursday and the bulbs are huge. I ordered way too many but I figure I can swap some of them for some things I am looking for.

Carol - I will let you know when I receive the box.

Annie - I hope to mail your box tommorrow. I found some items on my trip to make up your box, hope you like it.

Shirley

• veeja11
    11 years ago

Jeanne , received your wonderful box today, lovely handmade card, recipe for apple impromptu, sounds tasty, shasta daisy seeds, blue bachelor buttons crimson morning glory seeds. homemade plant markers in cute homemade bag thankyou I love it all, Shirley your card is in the bottom flap of your box forgot recipe but here is a fun summer party one
    hollow out 1/2 of a watermelon cut zig zag pattern around top, and leave handle in middle, make melon balls out of the melon also make cantelope and honey dew balls mix with sweet frozen, thawed strawberries put mixture back in basket pretty and tasty. hugs

• canyonwind
    11 years ago

Margaret,

Your May'ed In The USA package went out this morning (Tuesday)
    DC# 0306 0320 0003 2779 4332

Vina, thanks again for hosting this most fun swap!

Annie

• Astroknot
    11 years ago

Received package from Margaret_2007 today.

Thank you so, so, so much! You were beyond generous.

[First of all, everything arrived in a much larger box than the one I mailed out to Vina. I hope I didn't make a mistake with my choice of box, I used what I thought was the small flat. (Also, I'm wishing I had sent more seeds in my package, I hope Vina likes what I sent her. *embarrassed* In the future I will be including much more in my packages.)]

Here are the contents of Margaret's box:
    ~ Red, white, and blue seeds -- Zinnia 'Giant Flowered Scarlet Queen', Cosmos 'Psyche White', Convolvulvus 'Blue Enchantment'
    ~ Bonus seeds -- Zinnia 'Giant Cactus Double Mix', Parsley 'Triple Curled', Thyme, Lemon Balm, Lettuce 'Mesclun', Blanket Flower 'Burgundy', Sunflower 'Elf', garlic chives, basil, bonsai seeds, Margaret's own 'Life's Lemonade Seed Blend'
    ~ Bonus items -- plastic zip bags for seeds, Crystal Light lemonade mix, Lemonhead candies, a lovely package of blank cards with envelopes
    ~ Made in the USA gift -- Freezable drink cooler, you just pop a can of soda in this thing and it acts as a quick freezer for it; perfect for the summer!
    ~ Recipe -- Luscious Lemon Pie (this might be the simplest, easiest looking recipe I've ever seen)
    ~ A card which includes the Garden prayer poem, which is so beautiful and perfect

Margaret, thank you again for your generosity and thoughtfulness and care. I love the lemon theme, and I can't wait to plant some of these seeds (especially your Life's Lemonade Mix). They are exactly the kinds of seeds I love.

~ Melody

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Happy Wednesday!!

My package arrived from Melody late yesterday afternoon. :)
    I think when I opened it a CRAFTY EXPLOSION happened, lol!

Melody, your package was so thoughtful and so decorated! Every little piece was perfect!

In my awesome package was:
    ~Stickers for the kids. Mrs. Grossman's! I use these stickers all the time for scrapbooking, and the company is right around the corner from Melody! Small world! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THINKING OF THEM! :)
    ~An AMAZING hand made envelope. So pretty! And a letter inside explaining my contents along with a beautiful drawing of 3 of the flowers that Melody sent me seeds for. SO PRETTY! I'm going to trim it down, mat it and frame it! It's just perfect! :)
    ~So many seeds! All with red~white~blue seed baggies. Very cute!
    Amaranth: Burgundy
    Prairie Aster: Blue Tanaka Daisy
    Poppy: Mysterious Red
    California Poppy: White Linen
    Morning Glory: Heavenly Blue
    Guara: White Butterfly
    Bunny Tails Grass
    ~My recipe looks so yummy I think I'm going to make them this weekend. Fresh Lemony Potato Pancakes with Carrots and Rosemary.....YUM! :D
    ~A post card of a picture of the Golden Gate Bridge. It's celebrating its 75th anniv. this week :)
    ~Velcro Plant Ties (Believe it or not, I just ran out of these and was going to pick some up on Saturday! I've never used this kind before, but it seems to be softer and has more stretch than the one I normally use. THANK YOU!)

~And last but certainly not least the cutest hand made pin wheel! Melody this pin-wheel is the answer to a problem that my Girl Scout troop was having! We are having a Pincess Dance in the late fall and were trying to figure out a economical craft to make corsages with. Not only does it have to be economical, but the girls have to be able to make it. Which leaves out hot glue guns and more regular craft things. This pin-wheel with the wire can be used as a wrist corsage OR as a boutonniere for the dads...SUPER SIMPLE AND EASY!!!! The girls can decorate them any way they want! LOVE IT!
    HUGE THANK YOU!
    ~OH! and lest I forget the amazing package of Ghirardelli chocolates! I am in love with the midnight chocolate...so yummy!

Melody, you went above and beyond for my box! I can't thank you enough for your thoughtfulness! :)

sandlapper_rose (jeanne) sends to veeja11 (carol)***SENT***REC'D***
    margaret_2007 (margaret) sends to Astroknot (melody)***SENT***REC'D***
    veeja11 (carol) sends to brittneysgran (shirley) ***SENT***
    Astroknot (melody) sends to flowergirl34 (vina)***SENT*** REC'D***
    canyonwind (annie) sends to margaret_2007 (margaret)***SENT***

Jeanne, your super prize will be going out on Friday :) I hope you likey.

This month has shaped up to be so fun! I just love everyone's box ideas. All of them are so different and unique! Just perfect!

Thank you everyone for making this month so super easy!

Have a terrrific day!
    vina

• brittneysgran
    11 years ago

Carol - I received your box and loved it all.

Carol sent:
    2 Siberian Irises
    Grow a Guardian Angel (These are so much fun-drop in water and they grow)
    Bracelet
    Necklace and earrings
    Ty beanie baby dog
    Hand made card
    Blue wild flax seeds
    White moon flower seeds
    Red Achillea seeds

And my most favorite....a Doberman welcome sign (love it)

Thanks Carol and I will try the recipe. I have a watermelon that I need to eat so may have to give it a try.

Annie-I promise your box is going out tomorrow and I have a few ideas for the June swap. SO STAY TUNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shirley

• canyonwind
    11 years ago

Shirley...Shirley...Shirley!!!!

Your box has arrived. I absoloutley love everything you chose for me!!!!

*Gardening Gloves...love these! Far to good for me. They even have red in them.

*Red, White and Blueberries Cookbook....Yes, it is made in the U.S.A....There are some good "American" favorites in this baby!!

*A necklace with my initial "A"....this is so Annie!!! The "A" hangs on a ribbon and 4 thin cords. Cute...Cute...Cute.

*Four mug mats....You put your mug of coffee/tea on the mug mat and get the wonderful scent of cinnammon and cloves....now that is heavenly. Made in the U.S.A, Goldsboro, NC to be specific. Love these!!

*Two Sharpie markers, Red and Blue, of course.

*A Recycled Note Card with several pages for notes. The cover says "SMOKY MTN MEMORIES". Shirley, did you make this?
    This is darling and a great idea.

*Seeds...some new ones for me!
    Baby's Breath White
    Marigold Rusty Red
    Morning Glory Red Sun Smiles
    Ornithogalum Magnum White
    Masturium Alaska
    Lupine Blue
    Hibiscus Red
    Red Russian Lotus
    Morning Glory Red Picotee
    Red Poppy

Shirley, your box, what a blast of fun to open.

Thank you so very much...you were far to Generous!!

Annie

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Happy Sunday!

Wow! Those sound like terrific packages!

Jeanne, your prize did not go out on Friday as planned. BUT, it is wrapped and ready for being mailed out tomorrow :)

brittneysgran (shirley) sends to canyonwind (annie)***SENT***REC'D***
    veeja11 (carol) sends to brittneysgran (shirley) ***SENT***REC'D***
    canyonwind (annie) sends to margaret_2007 (margaret)***SENT***

I believe we are just about wrapped up for this month when Margaret receives her package :)

Have a terrific Sunday!
    vina

• brittneysgran
    11 years ago

Annie-So glad you received and I had to make up for being late. I had lots of fun shopping for you when I went camping last week-end. The cookbook really fell into Vina's theme. All the ladies who went got the necklace like I sent you but they did not have my initial...boo hoo no S.

Thanks Vina for a super fun swap

Shirley

• margaret_2007
    11 years ago

Hello, Lovely Ladies-Well, this is the 2nd time I have tried to send this & hope I make! We had a storm on Thursday where lightening struck the equiptment of MediaCom, my Internet provider & I was unable to use the Net. This affected several counties, both internet & phone service & was down for some time. Then as I was getting back on I had a LARGE message that viruses were attacking so I didn't dare use it then. Now, maybe (except my keyboard is acting up!) I received my great package from Annie on Thursday & hope I don't forget any of the delightful contents.
    The neatest card with a picture of Huntington Beach at twilight on one side, Cutout pictures on the other side of plants, flowers & birds & inside some cute garden sayings, the recipe Sconset Blueberry Muffins. Now for the list:

Bar of Goatsoap lovely to bathe with
    High Energy Suet for Birds-I needed some!
    Two large candy bars-Symphony, my favorite & I shared the other with my husband.

Seeds:
    Scabiosa-Dark Red
    Love in a Mist (one of my favorites)
    Hibiscus-Red Shield
    Cosmos-Psychic White-Dancing Dalls Rose Bon Bon
    Nasturstum-Moonlight
    Lavatera-White
    Lobelia-Blue
    Borage-Blue

Now the list of Zinnas-Starlight Rose, Benary's Giant Crimson, Enchantress Rose, Red Spider,and Candy Cane-I love Zinnias

Annie-you did such an excellent job of sending just my favorites & I thank you so much. I will think of you when I see those seeds popping up. I plan on planting these in a place where I know they are the ones you sent me.

This has been such a satisfying swap & thanks for hosting, Vina. I am thankful I can now swap again & I cherish you dear ladies. Blessings, Margaret

• canyonwind
    11 years ago

Margaret,

There should have been a plastic zip lock bag/shredded paper with two reblooming iris inside. Bad me, I failed to label the zip before I sealed it up. It might have looked like trash...LOL! They are named but don't ask me what the names are as the signs blew away. So I guess they are NOID...they are probably purple/lavender.

Tiz vino time. Have a great week!!

Annie

• margaret_2007
    11 years ago

Annie-I was just getting ready to email you & ask about those. I have them out & thinking about where to plant them. Thanks so much, Annie. I truly appreciate the time & effort and thoughtfulness you put into my package! Blessings, Margaret

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Morning Everyone!

Margaret, that sounds like a terrific package to end this swap with. :)

brittneysgran (shirley) sends to canyonwind (annie)***SENT***REC'D***
    veeja11 (carol) sends to brittneysgran (shirley) ***SENT***REC'D***
    canyonwind (annie) sends to margaret_2007 (margaret)***SENT***REC'D***

I just want to thank everyone so much for making this such a fun swap :D You ladies are terrific!

Now, let's move on June...
    vina

• sandlapper_rose
    11 years ago

Vina -
    I received my prize from you. Thank you so much! It is a lovely wooden angel holding a sign that says welcome.
    Jeanne

Sponsored
Virginia Kitchen & Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars151 Reviews
Virginia's Award Winning One Stop Kitchen & Bath Remodeling Resource