Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
raggedyann161420

third annual bearded iris swap

raggedyann161420
14 years ago

WELCOME TO MY THIRD ANNUAL BEARDED IRIS SWAP

I am posting this now because I know many of the iris are either getting ready to bloom/ or are blooming and before you trade those beauties off maybe you could save a few to join in on this annual swap.

Here are the rules:

1. You must be 18

2. You must be a member for at least 6 months with a good trading record.

3.THIS IS FOR NAMED BEARDED IRIS ONLY, and they can be any the following:

TALL BEARDED [TB] - over 27.5"

BORDER BEARDED [BB] - 16 to 27.5"

MINIATURE TALL BEARDED [MTB]- 16 to 27.5"

INTERMEDIATE BEARDED [IB] - 16 to 27.5"

STANDARD DWARF BEARDED [SDB] 8 to 16"

MINIATURE DWARF BEARDED [MDB] up to 8"

4. You must send at least three (3) although you can send more if you wish.

5. You must send priority with delivery confirmation and post here when you send and receive

6. If you get a partner with a gazillion iris, you can always send a gift certificate to a place where they buy or order their irises. If you go this route please remember to be fair on the size of the certificate because remember, your partner is digging, labeling, and running to the post office to send yours.

7. Please send rhizomes that you would be happy to receive and please make sure they are true to name.

8. I will take names up to and including July 1st and then post names. Mail date will be no later than August 15th.

9. If you think you would like to join please come in and sign up.

10.If you sign up please tell us where you buy/order your iris for the person that can't for the life of them know what to send if you have a gazillion irises.

LIFE IS GOOD,

Annie

Comments (66)

• karenh71867
    14 years ago

Annie, I would love to join in on this swap! I love Irises!

Thanks,
    Karen

• brittneysgran
    14 years ago

Annie-Count me in again this year.

Shirley

• hazelnutbunny
    14 years ago

Annie~ I'm going to have to sit this one out. Just much too much going on right now, so I'm having to drop a lot of things.
    Hope ya'll have fun with this one!

Melissa

• raggedyann161420
    Original Author
    14 years ago

HI EVERYONE!

I've was working my long stretch and in between doing that I was doing my part time job also. Sorry I've been missing in action.

Galium, If you decide to join later feel free to do so.

DEBBIE, KAREN, and SHIRLEY WELCOME, nice to have you.

BUNNY, no problem, been there did that, and with me working the hours that I work it is hard for me to do much trading.

My iris are really putting on a show, and some that I waited a couple of years to bloom, are not what they are suppose to be. But that happens, I know I have some that are planted way too close together! So if someone gets an iris from me and it does not bloom true, just give me a yell and I promise to make it right. I welcome duplicates of what I have just in case this happens.

I have to check on my part time client this afternoon, but I hope everyone has a great but safe Memorial Day.

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• kbugs405
    14 years ago

Count me in. I have some gorgeous blooming iris from the swap last year and have a lot of new ones. Can't wait!!!

Kay - Michigan

• karenh71867
    14 years ago

Hi all! Just bumping this back to page 1.

• raggedyann161420
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I'm back home and finding the iris are slowly starting to fade away for another year. I am however hoping to see some rebloomers again this fall.

List of players to date are:
    Alana/poisondartfrog
    Marea/mareas
    Susie/skohler
    Jo/justpeachy
    Debbie/budsnblooms
    Karen/kalena67
    Shirley/brittneysgran
    Kay/kbugs405
    Annie/raggedyann161420

Thank you all for joining in on the swap!

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• sassyd
    14 years ago

Hi sweet Annie!!!

Please include me in your swap, looking forward to it:)

Sassy

• raggedyann161420
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Sassy, of course I will add you and thank you for playing. It is good to see you posting again.

UPDATED LIST:
    Alana/poisondartfrog
    Marea/mareas
    Susie/skohler
    Jo/justpeachy
    Debbie/budsnblooms
    Karen/kalena67
    Shirley/brittneysgran
    Kay/kbugs405
    Sassyd/Sassy
    Annie/raggedyann161420

• poisondartfrog
    14 years ago

back to page 1

• raggedyann161420
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I'm bumping this up,and I will post more later. I have to leave for work for a couple of hours.

LIFE IS GOOD
    Annie

• skohler
    14 years ago

Well I tried a week ago to post this picture of
    sambuca rosa that I got from Marea in the last swap
    it is or was goregous & bloomed its heart out :)

Look forward to this swap :) can hardly wait to see who my partner is :)

have a great weekend to all

susie

• raggedyann161420
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I'm home and I will post who will be sending to who a bit later this afternoon/evening. I'm sorry for the delay in posting partners.

LIST OF THOSE PARTICIPATING ARE:
    Alana/poisondartfrog
    Marea/mareas
    Susie/skohler
    Jo/justpeachy
    Debbie/budsnblooms
    Karen/kalena67
    Shirley/brittneysgran
    Kay/kbugs405
    Sassyd/Sassy
    Annie/raggedyann161420
    If I have missed someone please let me know.

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• raggedyann161420
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I know, I know, I did promise to post last night but I went to bed real, real, early. I had my DH pick the names out of a bowl this morning, and here is who will be sending to whom.

Alana/poisondartfrog will send to Susie/skohler

Marea/mareas will send to Alana/poisondartfrog

Susie/skohler will send to Kay/kbugs405

Jo/justpeachy will send to Marea/mareas

Debbie/budsnblooms will send to Annie/raggedyann161420

Karen/kalena67 will send to Sassy/Sassy

Shirley/brittneysgran will send to Karen/Kalena67

Kay/kbugs405 will send to Jo/justpeachy

Sassyd/Sassy will send to Shirley/brittneysgran

Annie/raggedyann161420 will send to Debbie/budsnblooms

THE 15TH OF AUGUST IS THE DEADLINE FOR MAILING TO BE SURE OF THE IRIS GETTING ESTABLISHED BEFORE THE FIRST FROST.

IF LIFE GETS IN THE WAY AND YOU CAN NOT MAIL, PLEASE LET ME KNOW AND I WILL BE GLAD TO SEND A MAKE UP BOX FOR YOUR PARTNER. BUT PLEASE, DON'T WAIT FOR THE LAST MINUTE TO DO THIS.

REMEMBER THIS IS FOR THREE (3) NAMED BEARDED IRIS. YOU ARE WELCOME TO SEND MORE IF YOU WISH.

LET THE GAME BEGIN!

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• raggedyann161420
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Please e-mail your partner if you don't know their address. I believe I do have everyone's address except for Kay/kbugs405. I will e-mail her after I post for her address so I will have it on file.

Debbie, I don't think I have ever had the privilege to send to you, and I will be looking at you list of wants today!

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• raggedyann161420
    Original Author
    14 years ago

If you will, will/can everyone update their want lists to give your partner an idea of what bearded iris you would like.

• poisondartfrog
    14 years ago

Thanks Annie! Sue sent me her address and I have sent mine to Marea.
    I don't recall ever directly trading with either of them so this is especially fun!
    Alana

• kbugs405
    14 years ago

Jo/juspeachy.........I need your address. I have sent you an email.

• mareas
    14 years ago

Got your address, Alana. Sorry to say will be sending later, have to earn the postage first. Glad I get an opportunity to send to you!
    All the Iris you sent me last year in the 2nd annual swap bloomed so heavenly this Spring for me & brought me such joy!

Jo has my address & since I want just about all TB irises, it will be easy for her *grin*

Thanks, Annie!!

• brittneysgran
    14 years ago

Karen-Looking forward to sending to you. Do you have any wants? I don't find anything on your page. I will also need your address.

Thanks

Shirley

• raggedyann161420
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Bumping this up

• karenh71867
    14 years ago

Shirley, I sent ya an email, via GW. Let me know if you do not receive it. I thought I'd checked in here more recently! I'm so excited to be receiving from you!

Karen

• raggedyann161420
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Debbie, as I was looking at your want list I see everything there listed except for what bearded iris you would like. Will you, when you have time, list some that you've been wanting?

Thanks
    LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• poisondartfrog
    14 years ago

Susie,
    I won't have time to dig irises this weekend, but my goal is to send to you a week from this coming Monday which will be the 20th. I will post the DC here when I do.
    Have a nice weekend,
    Alana

• kbugs405
    14 years ago

Still trying to get a hold of Jo/juspeachy, anyone have any ideas?

Kay

• skohler
    14 years ago

Alana
    NOT A PROBLEM NO HURRY I STILL HAVE LOSTA TO KEEP BE BUSY
    RIGHT NOW :)
    SENT OUT MY PARTNERS BOX ON THE 14TH
    CONF# 0308 3390 0000 7513 7595

SUSIE

• kbugs405
    14 years ago

I just received a wonderful, very full box of goodies from Susie......thank you thank you, more than generous! Zebra, Wasbash, Asia, Jungle Gem, Thornbird (been wanting this one for a long time, Dusky, High Lo Silver, Fairy Rings, Boo, Tantara, and I know I have forgotton a few more. Just a wonderful box!!!!! I am so pleased.

Still trying to get ahead of Jo, I do not want to send blind.

Kay

• karenh71867
    14 years ago

Sassy, I sent you an email the other day, let me know if you didn't get it! :) I was thinking maybe this week end would be a good time to dig.

Thanks,
    Karen

• skohler
    14 years ago

kAY GLAD THEY ALL ARRIVED SAFELY & tHAT IS dUSKY CHALLENGE jUST IN CASE i DIDN'T TAG IT RIGHT .

GOOD NITE ALL

SUSIE

• poisondartfrog
    14 years ago

Susie, Your box is ready for the mailman to pick up tomorrow.
    Your DC numbers are 03091140000033214629.
    Happy planting!!
    Alana

• karenh71867
    14 years ago

Shirley,

I received your wonderful box today!! :) So many from my 'want' list!! I've googled them all again and just LOVE every one!!

Iris 'Huckleberry Fudge'
    Iris 'Loop the Loop'
    Iris 'Jennifer Rebecca'
    Iris 'Vibrations'
    Iris 'Living Legacy'
    Iris 'Apollo One'
    and some extras:
    Lily 'Cappucino'
    Daylily 'Chorus Line'
    Daylily 'Egyptian Queen'

Shirley, I just love everything and I'm so thrilled! These will all be beautiful additions to my gardens. Thank you so much!!

Karen

• mareas
    14 years ago

Alana, I've mailed your box to you today, Delivery Confirmation # 0103 8555 7498 2355 3353.
    Most of my iris are magenta or close to it, but I gathered some I think you'll like *grin*
    Happy planting to you, Marea

• poisondartfrog
    14 years ago

Oh Marea! I think I must actually like magenta (but I will never like Cheetoh's color!!),LOL. My daughter was looking at my flowers the other day and asked me why I always say I don't like magenta when many of my favorite flowers are that color.
    I had to admit she was right-I do have a lot of magenta flowers. So a couple of days ago I went back to my trade page and deleted the statement that I don't like magenta.

Whatever you sent will be wonderful, magenta or otherwise!
    Alana

• skohler
    14 years ago

Hi Sorry been mia just don't get onto GW Much any more . Alana I recieved my box today & THANK YOU FOR A VERY LOVELY Box With Springy Type Tissue wrapping the Babies, How cute .
    here is what I rec'd

1. GAZOO
    2. GALACTIC WARRIOR
    3. ARTISTIC DREAMS
    4. ENGLISH CHARM
    5. SILVERADO
    6. CLOUD BALLET
    7. PUDDY TAT
    8. MOON JOURNEY
    9. BRICKLE

1. KING TUSH
    2. SPARTA
    3. MAGICAL ENCOUNTER

I HAVE A SPOT ALREADY FOR THEM AS SOON AS I GIVE THEM A NICE LONG DRINK :)) THANK YOU FOR SHARING YOUR IRISES WITH ME .

& ANNIE THANK YOU FOR HOSTING THIS LOOK FORWARD TO NEXT YEAR .

SUSIE

• karenh71867
    14 years ago

Sassy, your box went out today! My daughter has the DC# and I will post it whenever she decides to come home. lol, teenagers! I hope you like everything!

Karen

• karenh71867
    14 years ago

Sassy, I've got your DC#.

It is 0308 0730 0000 2115 9599

:)Karen

• sassyd
    14 years ago

Karen, I'll be looking for it, thanks sweetie, I know I'll love everything!

Shirley, I'll be packing your box on Sunday and ship off Monday. I'll post the dc# then.

Sassy

• poisondartfrog
    14 years ago

Marea, you did a fantastic job! I love the irises you sent.
    I really did not expect to receive anything from my list and I was so surprised to find Night Owl in the box.
    Marea also sent Rosy Wings, which I just looked up and I will love it!
    Paint It Black is going in my dark iris garden and Hubble will go with my other Space Agers.
    I think my favorites will be Mauna Loa Fire and Lovely Senorita! They are for my "hot" garden.
    I have them all figured out, now I have to go plant them!
    Thank you, indeed!
    Alana

• mareas
    14 years ago

I hope you felt the kiss on your cheek when you planted them, Alana.
    I love my iris SO MUCH that you sent me last year ~ it was a blast to try to happy make you this year!
    Thanks, Annie, I will be looking forward to the 4th Annual Annie's Iris Swap next year.

• kbugs405
    14 years ago

Jo has contacted me, so we are set and I will be sending hers out today or tomorrow. I too love this swap and will be looking forward to my 3rd next year!!!

Kay

• brittneysgran
    14 years ago

Sassy-Thanks for letting me know. I will be on the lookout for it.

Annie-Thanks for hosting this years iris swap again.

Shirley

• raggedyann161420
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hello ladies,

Sorry I've not been a very good host. I've been real busy with working both of my jobs, running to Greenbay/Wrightstown, Wisconsin to pick up Shelby's and DeAnna's two Boston terriers to babysit while they are celebrating the start of Shelby's 7th year being in remission on the beaches of Antigua. I love helping them out but I must admit driving to Ohare airport was no picnic. Thank god for the GPS system that a friend let me borrow. Needless to say I will be buying one very soon, and without it I would have never made it through Chicago or the Port of Milwaukee. On a second note, on my return trip I have figured out how to avoid the bigger cities when setting up the GPS. I can't imagine what the wireless world will bring us Ten years from now.

Marea, I'm sending an e-mail your way.

Debbie, remember what I told you about sending to me. YOU ARE NOT TO GO OVERBOARD! I will be working on your box just as soon as I get back from Green bay/Wrightstown on the 9th. This is my only day off and the two little devils are no help in the garden at all. All they do is whine, cry, bark and go from window to window while I'm out side. I can hear them fussing all the way out back with the windows open, and this drives me crazy.

I've had a great time looking up some of the iris everyone is getting and will have to list them on my want list.

Hello to everyone else! I hope you are having a great Sunday.

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• budsnblooms
    14 years ago

Hi Annie,

Aug. 9th or even later is fine with me. I still have a bunch of plants in pots that I need to get set out but I have to do something with the weeds first so I can make room for more plants.

E-mail me your paypal so I can get something sent to you so you can start shopping when you get the time.

Thanks for sponsoring this.

Debbie/budsnblooms

• raggedyann161420
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Debbie I sent you a reply on the e-mail you sent me. Let me know if you didn't get it. I know the feeling I can't tell you how many plants here need to go into the ground also.

Again, thanks everyone for joining.

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• sassyd
    14 years ago

Annie, I think I forgot to post on here the iris Karen sent me, all of which I did not have and I'm very thankful for them Karen. You're such a sweetheart:)

Pagan Goddess
    Dorothy Lee
    From A Distance
    World Premier
    Sultan's Palace
    Pink Conffeti
    and one more that I couldn't make out the name, hopefully Karen will remember, I couldn't make out the first word but the second looked like 'Skies'?

Also, I sent Shirley's iris in with her PP's box, and was in such a rush to get it shipped I didn't distinguish which went for which swap, but she got them and hopefully I sent ones she didn't already have.

Thanks for hosting the swap again this year. We always look forward to it:))

Sassy

• karenh71867
    14 years ago

Hi Sassy! It is 'Kelat Skies' You really didn't have any of these?? I'm so glad!! I read your list, but didn't know if it was a total list. I really can't find a picture of 'From a Distance' on google, but it is yellow top and purple falls. I hope they all bloom beautifully for you!

Karen

• sassyd
    14 years ago

Thanks Karen! I'll go put the right marker on it. Nope, I didn't have a single one of them. lol Can't wait to see their blooms!

Sassy

• kbugs405
    14 years ago

Jo's are gone, I hope she gets them.....I know she was extremely busy. dropped me a quik note a couple of weeks ago.

kay

• raggedyann161420
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hello ladies,

I know I've been missing in action. I've just been swamped with my two jobs and making a trip to see Shelby twice in 14 days.

I want to thank Debbie for the generous gift of letting me order some iris that I have been wanting. I will be ordering from Schreiner's in the next few days and I will post what I have ordered.

Debbie, I do apologize for not getting the iris out to you on the 15th. I'm off all this week except for helping my part time client. So, I will get your iris out to you this week. I've sent you an e-mail when you have time to check.

It is pouring down rain here, and I've got 3boxes of iris that need to get in the ground. :>( :>(

Again,I am so sorry for being gone so much this month.

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• juspeachy
    14 years ago

Hello Everyone,

Kay,
    I am sorry I didnt post about the lovely box I recieved from you.
    I got a nasty comp virus, and it destroyed a lot on my comp.I tried and tried to get it to work, but couldnt. The comp tech I finally had to take it to said it has hit a lot of comp lately, all he has been doing is fixing them from it. Seems it is managing to get around most anitvirus programs. I have spent the last 2 days reloading all the programs, it is awful. =/

So, now that i am up and running again,

Kay sent me...
    Sambuca
    Batik (had this one,it died)
    Good show
    Gnus flash (love the broken color iris)
    Cracken

Thank you so very much Kay, I love them all *smiles*

Marea,
    The same reason I havent sent yours out. I dont have your address printed out, and it is lost because of the virus. Please, if you could e-mail it to me again, I will promise to print it out immedietly. lol

thanks,
    hugs,
    Jo