Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
daisy_me

UPDATE: Garden Circle Exchange Ring - May

daisy_me
16 years ago

Sorry ladies, running a little behind this month. I've been busy around here getting the Spring projects done as I'm sure you've all been.

Hope those April showers bring you lots of May flowers!

Comments (19)

• daisy_me
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Marie/WYNative -- got your e-mail but my replies to you are still bouncing back. I e-mailed Stephanie and will let you know what I hear. Hopefully it just slipped her mind. :-)

Deb/Debbya -- thanks so much for the May box! The finches are going to love the new suet block, that is if I can keep the starlings away from it! And the candle holder is really cute, where'd you find it? Thanks again!

Susan/Nightnurse -- I keep forgetting to take pictures of the gnomes. I personally don't think they look evil, but my husband says ALL gnomes are evil....guess I need to buy more! Hee hee!

Great pictures everyone, keep them coming!

• faintheart
    16 years ago

Maggie,

Your May pkg. is on the way and should be there tomorrow...it's coming via Michigan. ;)

Hugsssss,
    Dee

• Debra Andruska
    16 years ago

Kelli,
    I'm glad the pitcher made it without breaking. I always cringe when I'm putting glass in a priority box. I made the pitcher. I have a couple of kilns and do ceramics, porcelain dolls occasionally (all from scratch). Pouring molds, cleaning greenware, firing, glazing, etc.

I have your June box ready and am mailing it tomorrow. Sorry for it being sent so early, but it contains some live things that need to be planted right away (Dahlia tubers, etc).

Let me know when it arrives.

Deb

• abcgirltx
    16 years ago

Mariann - your box went into the mail on Saturday. I sent it priority, and hopefully you will have it tomorrow or Wednesday. There are some plants inside, so heads up!

And now, I'm out to play in the yard - lovely weather!!!

• galium
    16 years ago

Alicia, your box arrived today. Thank you for everything. I love the pendant you brought back from Venice. The flowers on it are so pretty. I'll enjoy the Nicholas Sparks book, it's one I haven't read. I wish I could get my DH to read his books, he might learn something.LOL Where did you find those cute little turtles? I think I'll hang them off one of my wire hanging baskets. The pineapple sage, parsley, coleus and perennial bachelor button will make nice additions to my gardens. I hope I didn't forget anything.

I'm going over to my daughter's apartment on Friday. We are shopping for an outfit for her wedding. (She's eloping). Here is what her cat Calli looks like whenever she sees me. Don't understand it because I love cats.

Hugs,
    Mariann

• abcgirltx
    16 years ago

Jeanne, I received your box yesterday. Don't worry about not sending plants, I'm still getting used to the sun and shade patterns here to figure out where I can plant things. Plus seeing what new stuff pops up that I didn't know was there. So another month or so gives me a better idea. Thank you for the bulbs you sent - I will find good homes for the Asiatic lilies 'lollypop' (love the name), stargazer lilies and Mexican shellflower. I've never had the shellflowers before, those will be cool.

We're having absolutely gorgeous weather here - high 70's to low 80's, which I understand is about 20 degrees higher than normal for this time of year. It's been a little on the dry side, so I've been dragging the hose around to keep my plants happy. The dryness isn't bothering the weeds though, which are popping up like crazy.

Y'all have a great weekend and Happy Mother's Day to all!

Alicia

• wynative
    16 years ago

Debbya,

I sent your box on Tuesday with conformation but I don't have the number with me.

I am going to my first craft fair :) and will be away till next week.

Happy Mothers Day Everyone!
    Marie

• Debra Andruska
    16 years ago

Marie,
    I'm assuming your selling, if so, I hope you do really well! I've done so many mall shows (with the porcelain dolls) it's exhausting! But, the money was so worth it!

Kelli,
    Your June package was mailed out today. USPS# 0307 0020 0004 7458 2075.
    Again, sorry so early. The Dahlia tubers have to be planted this month.

Deb

• Debra Andruska
    16 years ago

Marie's package arrived! Marie sent the cutest Angel plant stake, and Asiatic Lily bulbs! Also some seeds, and a beautiful Mother's Day card! Also, thanks for the copy of the garden formulas!

I loved everything! Thanks Marie!

Happy Mother's Day to you too!
    Also, wishing EVERYONE a HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

Deb

• wynative
    16 years ago

Deb, glad you are please with the lily's! I also have Dahlia's and your info about planting them now is a big help. I tried them last year but they didn't do very well, I am putting them in a different spot & hoping for better results. When I go home I will have to get mine planted.

I did okay at the fair. I sold a quilt, 1 afghan and a few other baby items. I broke even until I started looking at everyone else's stuff:) The neatest thing I bought is a little beaded bag with a Kokapelli (spelling?) on it for my brother's birthday in December.... He and his wife moved to AZ and he is obsessed with them. The lady that made it was SUPER NICE! I also bought a rose for the Secret/Fairy Garden that is pink with white stripes!! My daughter bought me a huge! Clivia plant for Mom's day (not sure how to get the plants home in my little car) but I love them! Now that I have the first one behind me, next year will be better, I hope! My sister and I had a wonderful time, to bad it went soooo fast LOL

HAPPY MOM'S DAY TO EVERYONE!!
    Marie

• daisy_me
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hello ladies! Hope you all enjoyed the beautiful weekend!

Deb -- got the box, THANK YOU!, but I'll have to post details later.....boy you stuffed a lot in that one!

Susan -- May package going out in today's mail....

:-)

• sandlapper_rose
    16 years ago

Sharing a few pictures. This first one is my tropical garden which is just getting started. The plants get really tall by summer. (Also, the present home to my gnomes...)

{{gwi:1269419}}

Bear's Breeches which I was happy to find at the Riverbanks Botanical Gardens plant sale a few weeks ago.

{{gwi:1269420}}

Stromanthe, a plant I got from the State Farmer's Market when they had a big flower and garden weekend there, and a Colocasia (at least it as labeled as that) I got for half price at Walmart. They are not in super shape at this point, but I sure do like the foliage.

{{gwi:1269422}}

It's fun to see what everyone is growing!

• pastvast
    16 years ago

Hi all:

Writing from Prague. Believe it or not, I remembered my pal while here

czech keyboards... dunno where all the letters are.

I can't wait to get home and do some gardening. There's barely any green around here for me to be constantly reminded of what I'm missing right now.

Take care everyone!!
    Stephanie

• pastvast
    16 years ago

I received an awesome note and package from my pal!! The box was so heavy that I had to do a double-take and make sure it was for me (and who it was from) to make sure it really was mine. Firstly, there was a round casserole dish with flowers on it. Very handy as I just checked out a book from the library of casserole recipes. Then, there was a pad of lined paper perfect for "to do" lists. I'm big into lists, so it'll definitely get used. And finally, the item that got the most excited squeek (and dragging my husband over to see) was a book about soapmaking. My lavendar seems to be doing quite well after I gave it a heavy pruning this spring, so I'm looking forward to making a lavendar soap!!

Thanks so much for your thoughtfulness and generosity!!!
    -Stephanie

P.S. Marie (Wynative)... I'm finishing up your package this weekend. It'll likely go out on Monday or Tuesday.

• etravia
    16 years ago

Stephanie,
    You're welcome! If you soap turns out you may have to send everyone a little bar! I love lavender. I just planted 3 clumps out that I winter sowed! It better grow! I already have 1 BIG plant, & another small white, but you can never have too much!
    I received a wonderful package from Dee from a nursery in Michigan with a beautiful Hibiscus! "Kopper King" Maple shaped leaves with copper-red coloring, and HUGE white flowers! Up to 12" across! Thank you so much Dee! There were also some Lilys. I hope I can keep the deer away from them!
    Happy Memorial Day to everyone. I went to 5 cemeteries yesterday. Whew! I like looking at all the different plants & arrangement though.
    Maggie

• daisy_me
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Stephanie/PastVast - hope you had a good time in Prague! I keep meaning to post a picture--the Geum you sent me from Bluestone last year is in bloom and absolutely gorgeous. Hopefully it will stop raining long enough for me to take a picture this afternoon.

Jeanne/Sandlapper Rose - I finally found a Bear's Breeches locally. Not near as large as yours, but I was just so happy I found it!

Susan/Nightnurse - did you receive the box I sent last week? I forgot to get delivery confirmation so I hope it arrived safely!

All others.......there has been a HUGE decline in the postings on this thread. I hope everyone is still having a good time with this swap and you just aren't posting because you're out gardening. If you aren't enjoying this swap any longer, or if you haven't posted because you're not hearing from your pal, please let me know. :-)

• wynative
    16 years ago

Hi ladies!

Yes I have been planting, watering and weeding :) My daughter and I got her teepee put up and sweetpeas & pole beans planted around it. She also planted about 50+ different annual flowers for the 'yard' and put in a pink butterfly bush on the 'deck' with some cute stepping stones. In the back of it she has maxamillian and chocolate sunflowers! Can't wait till they are all in bloom - she did a great job!

My iris are just about done blooming but my Peonies are just starting. My callas are just coming up, also my hibiscus (don't know what colors as they were a mixed gift), my dahlia aren't even trying to peek threw though... We have had quite a bit of rain this week and some pretty chilly temps, I hope they are okay.

Pastvast - Prague? sounds interesting. Hope you had fun and glad to hear you are home safely.

The last day of school here was yesterday, my daughter is going up by Jackson Hole to help some friends on their ranch for a month, then to Denver to help my sister ~ she is having shoulder surgery and isn't allowed to move it for 3 month! I am glad that Meg will be busy this summer but I will miss her and she thinks its a great idea that I make sure her 'garden' is weed free LOL

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!
    Marie

• sandlapper_rose
    16 years ago

I don't know about everyone, but I have spent way more time than I should holding a hose lately! It sounds like we finally have some rain in our forecast.
    Alicia, I should be mailing out your package for June early next week. Just hoping some rain will fall before I dig!
    My back was too sore to do much today so I took some pictures of my flowers. Hope you enjoy seeing them.

Quietness
    {{gwi:1269424}}

Gourmet Popcorn
    {{gwi:1269425}}

Fourth of July

• galium
    16 years ago

I've been busy working outside. The weather here has been unseasonably warm with several days in the 90's. My poor peas don't even have blooms on them yet. I have quite a few HB, window boxes and containers that I have to water every day.

My daughter was married last week. My new SIL is a wonderful person.

Next week I'm on Jury Duty. Don't know if they'll need me. Last time I was only there for one day. Anyway I'm trying to get as much done as possible before then.

I count myself as extremely fortunate to have been paired up to two wonderful women from this ring. I communicate with both Dee and Alicia via email. Getting to know them has been a real pleasure.

Here are a few pictures of reblooming Irises that I planted last fall:

Iris 'Summer Olympics'

Iris 'Caribbean Dream'(This iris is a deep purple)

Happy Gardening,
    Mariann