Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

o
NEW: Pedal Pushers 'May I give from my Heart' Partners

Posted by sassyd z8/SC (My Page) on
Thu, May 1, 08 at 10:40

Pedal Pushers

Welcome to everyone!
The rules are short and sweet! All new people welcome, but you must send your box first! No exceptions. Boxes sent out by the 23rd, that being said, they should be sent before if possible.

May..... I give from my heart?...........

I want this to be about plants as much as possible but mainly, get to know your partner, use this as a reason to get to know someone you've never traded with. Lots of new people joining our group and we're glad to see that....

I don't want anyone feeling like you have to spend alot of money on sending a box, I want you to give from your heart!

This is NOT a seed swap, (if you want to include some, thats fine) but it time for plants, etc! Send what you...May give from your heart:)

Thanks to all that join!
Sassy

PARTNERS PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pixie/Lisa
Melissa/Nikki
Frances/Mao tse moms
Amybabyboy3/Margaret
Anita/Sassy
galium/Tracey
Debbya/Robin
Karen/Dee-Faintheart
Melinda/Dee in Florida
Happyseed/Pat
christieb/sassybutterfly

Hope this works for everyone.
Sassy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: NEW: Pedal Pushers 'May I give from my Heart' Partners

Woohooo!! Thanks Sassy ! for letting us 'late joiners' pair up! I've already mailed my swapper and am waiting on her to respond.

Thanks!!!!!!!!
~Wendy / sassybutterfly_2008

o

Wow! I don't think I have ever had Mariann as a swap partner! I am so excited! Thanks Sassy!

Mariann, I will send you an email shortly.

Tracy

o

Yea! Partners! Dee, I've been checking your lists, and taking notes!! I can't wait to get started!!

Karen/kalena67

o

Wooooooooohooooooooo!!! ~~~~wavin' at Karen from the office~~~~ I'll get an email out to you after work. I took a quick glance at your lists as well and have some plans. ;)

I tried to do an update to my pages last night and nothing would save. :( Anyone else had that problem lately?

Oh oh ohhhhhh.....and Sonja? I didn't get them planted right away but I have "mystery" seed sprouts!!! :)))

Dee

o

Nikki~ You don't have a list! Shame on you! LOL
Please send me an email with your likes & wants...and you address, too. :O)

o

Sorry to be so "dumb" about this! How can I find out my partner's email address?

o

Dee, go to your partner's member page by clicking on their id in one of their postings here. At the top you will see a link for "send me an emal". Click on that and then you can request their addy from them directly. I hope this helps!

Tracy

o

How cool that we were able to join. Glad that you responded Wendy and I emailed you back :)

Question: To those that have mailed plants before. What is the best way to mail, which service, and what is the best technique to use so that you are sure your plants arrive alive?

Thanks
Christie

o

Christieb

Try this;

Gently remove as much soil as possible from the roots of the plant with your fingers and then give a gentle rinse with room temp. water (gets rid of any 'hitchhikers too) Dipping in a bowl/pail/sink works pretty well for this.
(in some cases shipping the dirt is against the law across state lines) it also reduces the size and weight/cost of postage.

Then wrap the root end in a little paper towel and then plastic wrap or a baggy (cover the root area only) tie loosely with a string or bit of tape.

Roll the whole thing up into a cone of newspaper or other paper to protenct the top of the plant.

For very tall plants it may be necessary to trim the top growth to fit in the box.

If someone has a better way please share ;)

Frances

o

Girls, Jerry and I are flying up to the other house for the weekend so I'll have to post our game when I get back.
If you all want to play one over the weekend, by all means go ahead. I hope you all have a great weekend and I'll talk to you Sun. night or Monday!

Sassy

o

Good day ladies, My partner Pat just emailed. I can't wait to get going on this one. I love seeds but the instant gradifacation of plants is addictive.

Faintheart: I am so glad they are sprouting. Hopefully they will be beautiful before long.

See you, Sonja

o

Tracy-Received your email...You have mail. I emailed you twice because I forgot to include my address. Shame on me!!LOL I'm am really happy to be trading with you this month. Can't believe after all this time we haven't swapped with each other.
Mariann

o

Mariann, I got both of them and sent one back. I am so excited for this! It is funny that we haven't been partners up till now! Thank goodness for this Sassy lady! She did a great job with partners.

Tracy

o

Margaret,
I sent you an email but have since looked at your want list which is blank. Please help me out and let me know what you love. Thanks, Amy

o

WHOOOHOOO I have Lisa for a partner!!! I know she loves plants and Texas too!!! I am excited to get to know her better.

Thank you Ms. Sassers for such a wonderful partner!

Pixie

o

YEEEHHHH!!! My new Texas pal! Pixie, I can't wait to put together a box for you!! I'll e-mail you right now. How exciting!!!

Sassy, have a great weekend!

o

I am so pleased to learn I am partnered with amybabyboy3 and want to get started right away to get acquainted! Thanks Sassy and have a great weekend all you lovely ladies! Blessings, Margaret

o

Hi all, just dropping by! Wish I could play this month, but I'm maxed out. My kids are doing a swap of their own this month. I'll "see" everyone again soon, though. Have a fantastic May!

Laurel

o

G'day all!

Hope everyone is enjoying some nice weather! Tornadoes were about 35 miles away last night...seven of them were spotted. No injuries but lots of property damage and power lines down in that area. It was eerily quiet and humid for a time early in the evening but they headed quickly to the northeast.

It's currently raining here and getting cooler. I have the day off so I am playing! lol Took a few pictures of blooms before the rain started. Guess I will plant a few more seeds indoors. Anyone ever tried lantana seed? I know they are considered a noxious weed in FL but here in the midwest they are a summer annual beauty. I saved some seed from last year and will give them a try.

Karen, I emailed you a reply last night. Did you get it? I know sometimes hotmail addresses are thrown into the junk/spam folders by some filters. Let me know if I need to respond with a different account.

Have a great day all....off to play inside in the dirt a bit more!

Dee

o

Hi Dee! I received your email! Sorry I haven't replied yet. I will send one out this afternoon, promise! I was thinking about you, as well as Becki, when watching the weather last night. My kids get freaked out about bad weather, so when the lightening started and the winds picked up a bit (right at bedtime, wouldn't ya know) I had tell them that the worst was over and that it stayed down south of us. they are ages 12 & 14. My 7yr old doesn't worry about that stuff yet. I saw pics of some possible tornados on the news this morning. I'm glad no one was hurt! It is rainy here too, but I don't mind the rain, we needed it. Just no SNOW!! lol

Karen

o

Robin,
I sent you an email with my info, please send me yours.

Deb

o

Dee (Faintheart) I sent ya an email. Let me know if you don't receive it!

Karen

o

Deb,You have mail. Robin

o

Ohh, Ahh, I get Miss Sassy for May!! Glad I had some time to kill this morning, I thought names came out in a few days, glad I looked, Oh Sassy can't wait to start getting your box ready:)Anita

o

I've been putting a list together for, my partner, Tracy. I need to get up to my garden to make a list of what I have. I have holding beds up there for perennials. Last time I was up there winter freezing and thawing pushed my labels out of the ground.

Sassy-Hope you had a great relaxing weekend.
Mariann

o

Dee, (faintheart) I found a couple things for ya over the week-end!! I am hoping to send your box to you by the end of next week.

I had a busy week end in the flower beds, and being out and about. The next couple of days are suppose to be really nice. 78 tomorrow! Then it might cool down to the 50-60's for the week end, but thats ok with me! I'd like a little bit of rain though.

I hope everyone has a great day!
Karen

o

Margaret,
Just wanted to let you know that I will be mailing your package out tomorrow. Hope you enjoy it. Take care, Amy

o

Hi everyone!

I had a fantastic score today on freecycle!! A lady planted way too many tomatoes and I got about 20 tomato plants, already about to flower, all different types too! woohooo!!! :)

Sassy ~ I hope you had a nice weekend away ! I'm still working on the biggest 'project' of your box, I hope to have it completed by Thursday at the latest, then I'll get it in the mail to you :)

Hugs all,
Wendy / sassybutterfly_2008

o

Sassy - that comment on the project / box was actually meant for the newbie thread. (oops!) lol

Christie ~ I sent you an email back!

Hope everyone has great weather today! I'm goin out to play in the dirt :)

~Wendy / sassybutterfly_2008

o

Miss Nikki's package will be going out in tomorrow's mail. Her dc# is 03061070000429753379
I hope everything gets there safe & sound. :O)

Have a good week, Everyone!

o

Hi girls, back from my trip, thanks Mariann and all of you, it was soooooooooooooo relaxing and I needed it:) I've just been so busy ever since, haven't had alot of time to post. I'm so glad you girls are happy being partnered, I worry everytime:)

Laurel, welcome back when you can sweetie! Stop by anytime you can.

LOL, yes Anita....looks like you're stuck with me, I'll try to make it worth your while, lol! *cheezin grin* I already have something put 'away' for you, and no, its not what you think! lol But I'll promise you, you'll love it or them or most of them or some of them, hummmmmmmmmm....lol

Wendy, I had a great time and understand, I'm working on your box too, no worries!

Sassy

o

Sassy,
You have me confused??? You don't send to me? I send to you, what on earth are you talking about? :)Anita

o

Anita~ You send to each other. Ms Sassy paired everyone up this time around so that we send to each other. Works out pretty well that way, I think. :O)

o

Anita, SassyB/Wendy and SassyD are paired up in another RR.

Mariann, I will be getting your box out to you tomorrow at the latest. We have Muffins with Mom's at the preschool today so my afternoon is booked! I was hoping to have it out today but I am running behind the schedule I set for myself!

Sassy, I am so glad that you had a nice relaxing time! Can I come next time? I need a get-a-way weekend, week, month... lol! Don't mind me, just green with envy is all!

o

OOOPPPSS, Sorry, Yes I am mixing up my RR:)Anita

o

Anita, I'm sorry sweetie, it wasn't your mis-reading, I should have posted that we were speaking of another swap!
Sorry:(

Tracy...yes dear, you are more than welcome to come! We'll have such a great time:)))

Photobucket

Hugs everyone! (Be on the lookout, I'm thinking up a game!)

o

Hello, All,
Finally got some of my plants in and wanted to do some more today after the lovely day Tuesday with the Garden Club shopping out of town at a great place. However, I don't think it will happen with the weather conditions here. Sounds like we are all having a great time with this RR. Amy, I did send you another email and received yours but now I need your address for sending your box. Taking my time looking for the things to put in it for you to enjoy and see that you have already sent. Much more on the ball than I! The weekend is coming up and pray each of you have a great one. Blessings, Margaret

o

OOH! Sassy, thanks! I'll bring the pina colada's!pina colada

Mariann, I give up. I will not be mailing out your box today. We got buckets of rain again and it is muddy and soggy everywhere in the yard with more rain in the forecast for this afternoon. I will mail it out to you on monday. That way it won't get stuck at the PO Hotel for the weekend. I'm sorry that it isn't coming as quickly as I wanted it to.

o

Wow the boxes are flying already! I hope to have mine shipped by Monday at the very latest... so many plants so little time! I want to get this sorted and sent before it gets any warmer (temps in the 80's all week)

Tracy
we may be getting some of that rain! YIPPEE! Hang in there everyone, the weather has to get better soon

Frances

o

YAYYY its finally sunnyshinny here today and hot!!! Although they say we may get rain again tomorrow I am hoping that its the other side of Houston that gets dumped on instead of us!!! My swap boxes are going to go out the first of next week as I have dillie dallied around this week and its too late to send them without them being stuck at Hotel PO over the weekend and with the heat here they won't look pretty when they arrive to their new homes.
OHHHH another thing, I talked to Lisa and she and I may end up swapping in person as she will be visiting Katy in a couple weeks for a wedding. Isn't that awesome????

Hope everyone has a great day.

Pixie

o

Ok....the game is on. Gonna make you girls work for this one. I've posted many times how long it takes to get to my other house, how many miles is it?

Guess it right and you get a fan of 'America's Most Wanted' daylily! Good Luck!

America\'s Most Wanted (LA Bonus)

o

I'm a bad bunny, and honestly don't remember, Sassy. :O)
But I'll take a stab at it and say 631 miles.

o

Sassy is it 375 miles?

o

Sorry girls.....but you can guess as long as you want:)

o

I'm guessing 241 miles

o

Horshack (Welcome Back Kotter)

OH OH OH! My answer is 270 miles. 1 hour 45 minutes to fly or 4 hours to drive! Am I right? huh? Am I? huh huh!

o

hmmmmm 271 miles! :)

Hugs all!

o

4 hours to drive?

About 290 miles.

Although if is a one hour and 45 minute flight, that would be at least 8 hours driving time I would think, then the mile number would have to be much higher.

Off to go search how long it really takes to get to your other home.

Does the number have to be exact on?

o

hmmm, I'll guess 250 miles.

o

I'll guess 235 miles..

o

LOL, Someones been paying attention!

Tracy, it is 270 miles but Wendy/Sassy is soooo close too, that I'll put a little something in your 'other' box for you:)

Christie that hour and 45 minute flight time, we normally have a good tail wind that helps push us up there, lol. It doesn't happen all the time, so sometimes takes alittle longer. And also that 4 hour drive time, is good driving conditions, etc. and we're not pulling a boat, believe me we've cut every corner there is to cut getting up there.

Congrats girls!
Tracy please email me your addy, I already have Wendy's.

Sassy

o

wooohoo! lol *doin' the happy dance! :)
(which if you could actually see me.. is REALLY funny!)

lol

o

Yay Smiley
Congrats Wendy & Tracy! :O)
Yay!
Good job girls!

o

Wow! I won?! Woo HOO! Sassy I will be sending you an email sweetie! Thank you sooo much! Big smooches to you!

Congrats Wendy!

o

Oh My! I received by box from Melissa today! I'm so excited! Can't wait to get in the dirt tomorrow and get these things in the ground! I LOVE all of my goodies! THANKS Melissa for an awesome box!
Melissa sent:
Daylilies:
Double Honey
Passing By
Frans Halls
Wheel of Freedom
Siloam Ury Winniford
Wild Mustang
Missouri Beauty
Constitution Island
Siloam Grace Stamile
My Melinda (I know these came from your wonderful collection. I'm honored to have them in my garden!) We were thinking alike as you will see when you receive your box next week:)
and Bulbs:
Gladiolus - My love, Expresso, and Pink Event (These are going to be beautiful as a big group - so many bulbs!)
Blue Freesias
and more...
a "mango cooler" scented candle (yummmm), Honey Lemon bocy balm, orange starfruit tea (I can't wait to try this), Freesia bath soak, Gerbera Daisy soap, gardening gloves, and a cute note pad and lots of chocolate!!!!
It's going to a be a great weekend! Nikki

o

Hello everyone! I have been out of town at a conference and I am so glad to be home!!

Sassy, I am so I missed the game! Congrads to the winners!!

Pixie, I am making arrangments in the next 3-4 days as to when we will arrive in Katy and what hotel we'll be staying in, etc. I'll shoot you an e-mail when I know the details! I look forward to meeting you and greeting you with a wonderful box!! YEA!!

Hope everyone has a great Mother's Day!!

o

Christiebbbbbbbbbbb where are youuuuuuuuu? lol I sent you an email.. just making sure you got it ! :)

Happy Mother's Day to everyone!!!! I hope it's a wonderful day for all!!!

Hugs,

o

Happy Mothers Day

I wanted to pop in and tell all of you to have a wonderful and relaxing Mother's Day with your families. I will be having breakfast with the kids and my Mom and then we will be off visiting with hubby's family in the afternoon. Have a great day!

Hugs,
Tracy

o

To all of the PP's Mothers~
Photobucket

o

Although I'm part of the original PP's I'm not on here much but I did want to wish all:

Photobucket

JAYE

o

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day!!!

Happy Mothers Day

Becki

o

Mothers Day

Nikki~ I'm glad you're happy with your box! I had lots of fun putting it together for you. :O)

Have a happy mother's day, everyone!!

o

Tracy-Your box will be heading your way tomorrow.
DC# 0103 8555 7494 6032 7249

Mariann

o

Melissa, I have almost everything in the ground - except the glads. So much fun! I will be mailing your box tomorrow or Tuesday. I hope you enjoy yours as much as I've enjoyed mine!

o

Yay! I'm glad you enjoyed planting everything, Nikki! I was hoping all the daylilies weren't TOO overwhelming! LOL :O)
I can't wait! 'Doin the "I'm anxious" dance! I am excited, I know I'll love everything you've picked for me! :O)

I hope everyone has had a great weekend!!

o

Mariann, Thank you! I have the DC for your box too. It is 0103 8555 7494 7228 0143. It poured here all day and finally at 4pm it stopped so I could dig the plants and pack them up. It will be hitting the road in the a.m. since I missed the drop time:o(
I hope you enjoy everything!

Tracy

o

Hi all!

Everyone has been so quiet...you must be out in the gardens! Hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's day!!!

As some of you may know, a new home is in my future. Last week, they started digging the basement and I was soooo excited to finally see a start as the house is ready to be moved as soon as we have the basement/foundation ready. Then the following day and most every day since but a few it has rained.

Here is what I came home to last Monday:
new basementSo exciting!!!

Then the rains came:
PhotobucketWe now have a huge pond or a future pool. We've been working at pumping it out and crossing our fingers for some prolonged sunshine!

Congrats on your future addition, Ms Bunny! Feeling any better?

Karen, more things are popping up here and I keep adding to the list of plans for your package this month...hope you are seeing some warmer temps and sunshine! :)

~~~~wavin' at deeinflorida...lovely name you have! ;)

Welcome to all the newbies for the month!!! You will love this group of garden friends.

Hope you all are well and staying out of harm's way with the storms that seem to be crossing the country. C'mon girls, pop in and let us know how you are. I know it would cheer me up to here about your garden blooms and plans.

Hugs,
Dee

o

Margaret,
I sent you an email but just realized that I sent your package to Danville OH (I'm sure there is no such place) instead of Iowa. I will be sending you a new box out on Thursday and I do apologize. I am having my eyes checked tomorrow- I knew they were getting bad!! Take care,Amy

o

Oh Dee! I hope that 'pool' dries up for you!! We are finally getting some sunshine today, and although it is only 43 degrees right now, it is suppose to get up to 68 today! I'm thinking that I will be getting your box out to you on Monday. I don't think it will take long to get to ya, but just in case, I don't want it sitting at the PO either.

Lol Amy! I have a keychain that says 'Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most' and some days........it fits me to a tee!! lol

Karen

o

Karen, I think you might have to send that keychain to me> I think I only had one marble left up there and now that one must be gone!!! Have a great Day! Amy

o

Dee, I hope the pool dries up for you quick! The same trouble happened to my brother in law when they dug his foundation. I am hoping there aren't too many cave-ins!

Karen, put me on the list for the keychain too! I need it bad! I feel like I have oatmeal in the old noggin instead of marbles! lol!

Tracy

o

Dee ~ I feel for ya on that 'pool'! However, my kids would SO be jumpin' in it and turning into mud-monsters!! lol They would think it is fabulous!

(they're such rednecks! lol)

Hugs all,

o

Mariann, I received the amazing box that you made for me today! Oh my goodness, I am overwhelmed with all that you sent!

I received Southern Charm Verbascum, Zagreb Coreopsis Verticillata, Magnus Echinacea, Snow Cap Daisy, Crazy Daisy, Old Fashioned Bleeding Hearts, Lambs Ear, Penstemon Mystica, and NOID Pink, Pardon Me and Little Grapette Daylilies! I love them all!

The foliage on the mystica is beautiful, the verbascum has a wonderful ferny leaf, I looked up the Crazy Daisy and it just makes me smile, it is so fun! I am so happy to have the Old Fashioned Bleeding Hearts, they are one of my favorites and I have been wanting them for a very long time!

Please tell your DD thank you and that the Gardener's Hand Soap is Wonderful! I love the light citrus scent and it is so creamy! I have been pouring over the Well Sweep Catalogue that you sent. What a wonderful Farm they have there. I can't wait to read the Basic Book of Organic Gardening that you sent as well. I have so many questions about gardening safely with our well water and this will be of great help.

Thank you so much for everything, I have enjoyed this exchange so much. You brought sunshine to me on this very rainy day!

Big Hugs!

Tracy

o

Tracy-I'm so glad that everything arrived safely. I really enjoyed putting the box together for you and all our emails.
Hugs,
Mariann

o

Margaret,
I just sent you an email to let you know I will send your box on Monday instead of tomorrow, I hope this is okay I just need a little more time. Take care, Amy

o

Hi Melissa, my plans were for you to be receiving your box today but I didn't get it out Monday as I had hoped. My dad's been in the hospital this week (kidney stones) so I've been making the trip to the hospital after work all week. I teach 5th graders and the end of the year is always "crazy". I really don't want your plants sitting in a box all weekend so I'm gonna need a little more time. Thanks for your patience.... I hope when you get your box you'll know it's worth the wait:) I hope everyone is having a great week and the weather clears up. Nikki

o

Oh,of course, Nikki! You know that's fine! :O) You take your time, you've got more important things going on right now. I hope your dad gets better soon, those kidney stones are really horrible to deal with. My brother has recurring ones...I feel so badly for him every time they come back. Ugh.

o

Hi everybody, I'm leaving tommorrow, (Tracy, wanna come?) I'll be back on Sun. night or Monday. Hope you all have a good weekend!

Sassy

o

Oh Boy! Can I? Wait, only if it's not raining there! I think I'm going to start growing gills if I get any soggier up here! lol! Have a great time this weekend and a safe trip, Miss Sassy!

Big Hugs,
Tracy

o

Tracy-Your box arrived today!!!! Yeah I'm so excited everything looks great. You're a real doll. I love everything! I plan to spend the rest of today getting all of the beautiful plants into my flower beds.

Tracy wrote me a wonderful letter listing everything she sent plus Coleus 'Black Dragon' seeds. She sent me the following plants:

Echinacea 'Raspberry Tart'
Echinacea 'Pink Double Delight'
Daylily 'Tinker Bell'
Daylily 'Moonlit Masquerade'
Iris 'Immortality'
Penstemon 'Husker's Red'
Pulmonaria 'Cevennensis'
Heuchera 'Key Lime Pie'
Heucherella 'Stoplight'
Stokes Aster 'Peachie's Pick'

I'm overcome by your generosity and the selection you sent me. Thank you so much!
SmileyCentral.com
Big Hug,
Mariann

o

:)

Hello everyone! Sounds like everyone is having a good time! Some really nice packages have been flying around! I am positively green with envy!

Wanted to let Mao know her package(s) went out yesterday, (three days waiting for USPS to pick up was too long), so finally I had to repack into 2 boxes that would fit in my mailbox (they can't ignore the PU order if its in the box)

5 minutes after the mailman left I found the note! sheesh, its been that kind of week!

Package went out priority so should arrive tomorrow!

If anyone is getting rain they don't want I could use some!

Have a great evening!

Frances

My hard work this past year (and many generous gifts from GW friends) have turned my naked yard around, here is the second batch of photos this year

Here is a link that might be useful: Some photos of my garden this year

o

Mariann, I am so happy that you like your plants! I had so much fun finding some that I hoped you would enjoy! I hope they bring you as many smiles as they brought me when they are blooming for you! How'd the Iris make out? I didn't want to cut it back so I kind of had to wrestle it into the box, trying really hard not to break it! Hopefully the mail carriers were gentle with it!

Big Hugs to YOU!

Frances, I can't believe that is the same yard as last year. You have made so much of a difference! Your flowers are beautiful. I am so jealous of your beautiful irises! You have an amazing green thumb!

It just started raining again here. I hear it on the awning outside our window, yick. Today was our only break from it so we will be grey and wet for several more to come, double yick. If I could only figure out how to woosh it down to all those that need it boy would I be huffing and puffing it to you!

We celebrated my oldest son's 18th birthday today. Grandma came over for dinner with us. We had bbq ribs on the grill and 3 layer carrot cake for dessert. He got a big tool kit full of ratchets, wrenches and other thingamajigs. The hubby was so excited to give these to him. It makes me chuckle to see how happy he was to give them to our son. I can't believe it has been that long since he was a baby. He used to play with matchbox cars and now is playing with the real thing! Time certainly does go by quickly.

Have a great night everyone!
Tracy

o

Hi, All. Sorry it's been so long to get back to you all. So much to do and so little time! Outside work has been hit and miss due to rain and wind, been up and down the road due to family illnesses, and I'm sure you all understand with busy lives also. Dee, How are things going with your building now? I was so sorry to see all that water where you had dug out to build and hoping things are looking up by now.
Amy, please don't worry about getting the box out and I do so understand about the mix up of the address. If you were in the last RR exchange here you know how I messed up. Please don't put a lot of stress on yourself over this and know I will enjoy whatever you send. Time for another weekend and pray each of you have a great one. Blessings, Margaret

o

I received two wonderful boxes from Frances today.She sent me mixed amaranths, Maltese Cross, rudbeckia, Iris, blue columbine, a collection of seeds, canna, Yarrow 'Paprika', and Daylily 'Cinderella's Dress.
Frances, I've had your plants potted and waiting to be shipped since Monday but I've been so busy with a plant swap tomorrow that I won't get your box shipped until Monday or Tuesday. I think you will be pleased with what I have chosen for you.

mao

o

Hello,We`ve had a beautiful week here in va.I`ve spent a lot of time in my flower beds!!Deb ,yyyour box is on it`s way.I mailed it yesterday(May 15)the confirmation # is 03071790000257312492.I hope you enjoy your goodies and hope you feel better. Robin

o

Is it better to send plants in pots or to wrap the roots in wet papertowels/newspaper?
I don't see how the plants can help falling out of the pots.

o

Hi Dee, I send mine wrapped bare root (sometimes there is a bit of dirt clinging to the roots still) in wet paper towels lightly squeezed around the roots. Then I wrap in plastic wrap and add some tape if necessary, some people tie a string or ribbon around it at the base of the stems of the plants. They stay bundled up nicely from what I hear and the ones I receive like this are safe and sound and usually very healthy. Occasionally a plant will be slightly limp when it arrives but usually perks up after it is planted out within a short period of time.

Smiles,
Tracy

o

Margaret,
Your new box is going out tomorrow and I will post delivery confirmation. I do hope you enjoy it and I enjoyed putting it together for you! Take care, Amy

o

Dee, your box is going out tomorrow! I'll post the DC # then. I had fun putting it together and hope you enjoy the plants!

Tracy, incase you don't notice my post in another thread, I sent ya an email! Let me know if you don't get it!

Hope everyone has a great day tomorrow!
Karen

o

Hey Karen, I was watching the old boob tube so just got it and sent one back to you. My email is acting up so you might have gotten it twice. Crazy convoluted thing! lol!

o

Hello,

Just wanted to write a note to Wendy to let her know that I am planning to send her box tomorrow.
We have decided that we are going to send a few plants as well as some gifts. This will be my first time sending plants, so wish me well :)

Hope everyone had a great weekend.
Christie

o

Christie, I'll bet your plants will do great!

Tracy, I got your email, twice :) lol. Now I'm just waiting for my dear ol Dad to pick up my packages and take them to the PO. Don't know what I'd do with out him or my mom! They help me out so much!

Karen

o

Dee, your package is on its way! DC# 03080730000098749631.
I hope you like everything and that it arrives healthy!

Have a nice day!
Karen

o
RE: NEW: Pedal Pushers 'May I give from my Heart' partners

Dee, your package is on its way! DC# 03080730000098749631.
I hope you like everything and that it arrives healthy!

Have a nice day!
Karen

o

Hi,
Robin's box arrived Saturday, and I'm having computer problems. AOL completely disappeared from my computer, so I started going through Internet explorer to get to GW. Now, internet explorer keeps freezing up. So, I'll have to make this fast and short. I'm going to have to reinstall AOL and do a disk fragmentation, along with some file deleting and see if that helps. My laptop's only a year old!

Anyway, back to Robin's box! Robin sent several plants (my most favorite was a white peony)! And bird goodies! Suet cakes, holder and some reading material. Robin, thank you so much for such a nice box! I'll list individually the plants you sent me in another post. My computer isn't doing so well right and and keeps freezing.
I'll send out your box tomorrow and post the DC then.

Be back later!

Hugs,
Deb

o

Melinda, two boxes are on the way! I sent bare root plants wrapped in damp paper. I hope, hope, hope they get to you in good condition!

o

Margaret, Your box went out today conf# 03063030000162866394
and the old box came back today with all but 1 dead plant. Oh well, I even had your zip code wrong. I'm a nut.
I think you will like the new box and hope it arrives quickly, Take care, Amy

o

Wheeeeeeeeeeee!!! Packages are flying now! Karen, I am sure to love anything you've sent. Planning on getting yours out on Thursday morning, if that works for you? :) It's so fun to see what everyone shares with each other.

We just had a huge thunderstorm pass over...winds were at 60-65 mph, lots of thunder and lightening but very little rain as it was moving so fast. Looking out the window it looked like a dust bowl storm. Then in the midst of it, Hubby runs in the house and yells, "We've got a fire!" About to freat out, I ask where???? The bugger...he said "noooooooooooo, I've got to go fight one." Some days....ya know?........

Dee

o

OMG! Dee! I bet you had a mini heart attack when he said that! Sheesh... some days is right!

We are finally drying out. We have had days of rain on end and today was the first of several dry days to come. Thank goodness! With any luck it has blown down south where it is needed.

Have a great evening!
Tracy

o

Melissa's (hazelnutbunny) box went out today! I hope you enjoy your goodies!
I hope everyone is having a great week. I went nursery shopping on Saturday for my birthday and found some new places to buy plants, even picked up a couple of things for you Melissa. WOOHOO! Now, I've got to get mine in the ground. It's going to be a great week:) Nikki

o

Tracy, If you could send the rain to me I would love it. We need it desperately!! Amy

o

My sunny day turned dark around 4pm and by 4:30 we had rain. It rained last night, too, but no thunder/lightening. I think we are in for a rainy week here. If the days are at least half sunshine I can deal with it. I just hope we get the sunshine in the evening when I can actually get something done outside!

Dee, that is fine with me! I can't wait!! Is your hubby a firefighter? I ask because mine is a volunteer firefighter. He was going to go down to Iowa this past winter for the winter waterfights they have. Some guys from neighboring towns went, but our guys couldn't make it.

Hmmm.. how did I manage to double post up above? Sorry!

Good Night all!
Karen

o

Hiya everyone,

Christie ~ just wanted to let ya know your box will go out on Wed/Thurs at the latest. I have the items, just gotta find a box to fit it in :)

Now... not to hijack a thread with personal issues.. but my mom could use thoughts & prayers as well. We were informed today her cancer is terminal. It was a very rough day filled w/ a lot of tears :( Her name is Janice, and she is a muralist and one of the very most important people in my life. And if I'm not on here goofing around, I'm not being snobbish.. well I'm just trying to 'deal' right now. Thanks...

Hugs all,

o

Thank you, Nikki! I'm looking forward to it, and I'll definitely post when I receive it! :O)

Wendy~ Very big hugs for you. I can't imagine what your family is going through right now. Bless your heart. Please know that your mom is in my prayers and I'll have your family's name added to my prayer group's list.
Extra prayers are going out for YOU...I know this will be one of the most difficult times in your life.
*hugs*

Melissa

o

Wendy-My thoughts are with you, your mom and your family. I'm sending a Big Hug your way.

It was 42 degrees this morning.

Amy-I'd love to send some rain to you. We have standing water everywhere. The birds are enjoying it though. I love to watch them bathing themselves.

Dee-How is that house of your's coming along? Did they finally get the area for the basement pumped out?

Hope everyone has a great day,
Mariann

o

Morning all!

Wendy...thoughts and prayers are with you and family. (((Wendy)))

Yes, Karen. Hubby is a volunteer firefighter. Tracy, I did about have a mini heart attack as I could smell the smoke in the air when the wind came up. Someone was burning branches from a tree they had taken down when the storm hit and carried the embers to a field of corn stalks. Luckily the storm moved through fast and it didn't take long to get it under control.

Mariann, we've had some sunshine the last few days and the "dig" has been pumped each morning and evening. Craig was finally able to walk down there last night and make a few trenches to get the remaining water to flow toward the sump pump. If the rain stays away for a bit longer, we can get the "under" tiling done and may be able to start pouring the basement floor in the next week. *crossing fingers, eyes, & toes* Temps are in the 40's at night and high 60's - low 70's here. But it is supposed to get warmer through the weekend.

Can anyone in the colder zones tell me about butterfly bushes? I had tried one a few years ago and it didn't make it. Last summer, I found a couple that weren't too spendy and decided to try again. I planted them next to the house on the south side and hoped that would be a good spot. Should I be seeing some growth/leaf activity yet? So far nothing and I hope I haven't lost them again.

Time to get ready for work...have a wonderful day everyone!!!

Hugs,
Dee

o

Wendy, thoughts and prayers are going to you and your mom and family. Hugs to you!

Dee, I'm crossing my fingers for ya too! No Rain! I haven't tried the butterfly bushes here. I figured they wouldn't make it, but if I hear they do, I may have to give them a try also!

Karen

o

Wendy, I am so sorry to hear about your Mom. Your family is in my prayers.

Dee, I have several of them in my yard. They come back from the roots every year. When I got one for my MIL a few years ago we both thought it was like a regular bush and would leaf out off of the old wood. We almost pitched it until I got close enough to see the green coming from the base. Did you cut the old growth off at the base of the "trunk"? If not then cut it back and you will start to see new growth at the crown of the roots or at the base of the old wood.

Your poor heart! I bet it nearly jumped out of your chest with the smell of smoke in the air! I hope it continues to dry up for you and the foundation work can begin. Wishing you lots of good luck and warm days!

Tracy

o

Thanks, Tracy! No, I didn't prune them back but I will when I get home from work then. They were so pretty last year and I hope I haven't lost them!

*back to work*
Dee

o

Wendy, Sorry to hear about your mother. I hope she is doing well and she stays strong. You and your family are in my thoughts. I am out of town as of last night, but I got your package together and Jason sent it this morning. As I had everything all taped up, I realized that I left the card and some of the plant name tags sitting next to the box. So just let me know which ones I forgot and I can let you know what they are. I hope you can find some time to get them in the ground.
The confirmation number is 0307-3330-0001-4283-7389.
Hope you like everything and maybe post some pictures when it arrives.
Christie

o

Hi everyone:)

Wendy again, you and your mother are in my thoughts and prayers hun. Hugging you sweetie:)

Miss Tracy......your Americas Most Wanted is on its way!
UPS dc# 1Z6408W10358744526

Dee so glad you're getting some good weather dear, hope it stays that way for awhile for you.

Anita.... I'm working on your box, I'm going to try to get it out tommorrow but I'll let you know.

Photobucket

o

Wendy, I will also be praying for you and your Mom. Take care, Amy

o

Hi,Ladies, Having a beautiful day in Iowa 5A today. I called the Post Office to see if the mail sent out Priority Mail continues over the weekend or holidays if it hasn't reached it's destination and they assured me it continues to go on so I am mailing amybabyboy3's box either today or tomorrow. Going from Iowa to Georgia is quite a long ways and I didn't want it setting until next Tues. Wendy, please know I will be praying for you and your mother and family. Special blessings to you, dear one.
Memorial Day weekend is almost here and hope all of you dear ladies have a great one. I am sure it will bring back some good and some sorrowful memories of lost loved ones. I praise God for this country and our troops where ever they are serving to keep this wonderful country free. God bless America and God bless each one of you and your loved ones, Margaret

o

Wendy,I`m so sorry,I`ll be praying for you and your family. God`s grace can help you through this horrible time.I`m sending you lots of xoxoxoxo. Robin

o

Hi,
I've been having computer problems, AOL has disappeared a few times (and I reistalled it). So, hopefully, this works. I switched internet providers and have the new company coming out to look at my computer too. For some reason when AOL disappears, my ISP isn't recognized either.

Anyways, I'm back for now. I didn't send out my box yet, I will after Memorial day. I want to send live stuff and don't want the box sitting at the post office over the weekend and Monday too. I'll mail my box out on Tuesday! And post the DC then. I'm usually one of the first to send the box out, I don't know what happened this month. Oh, yeah I do, my garden flooded and I had to REPLANT THE ENTIRE THING! I planted 200 onions today! If anyone gets me from now on as a swap Pal, please send me any herbs or heirloom tomato seeds you have left over. I lost ALL of mine! Our yard has never flooded before! I feel like I'm writing a novel, so better get to the point.

Robin sent really nice plants, Dianthus, Hosta/variegated, Amaryllis bulb, Tiger lily plant, white peony plant, blackeyed susan plant. Also, cactus seed, bird feeder, suet/holder! And reading material! Thank you soooo much Robin for such a nice box! Everything that you sent looks wonderful and is doing very well!

Well off to watering my plants! Plus, I'm running behind in making supper. :)

Hi Diane (Sassy),
I haven't talked with you in a long time! ~Waving hands jumping up and down~

Hugs,
Deb

o

I received a FANTASTIC box from Ms Nikki today! I know she put alot of "heart" into this box...everything is absolutely perfect in every way! The goodies were terrific & the plants were packaged wonderfully - no broken stems or dried leaves anywhere!
Here is what she sent:

~A rose floral magnetic memo pad
~A rose floral note card set
~A bunny plant water-er
~A beautiful italian red glass heart necklace
~Some "coffee" napkins & coffee scoop
~Lily of the Valley bulbs
~Daylily - Joan Senior
~Daylily - Tang
~Daylily - Black eyed Stella
~Daylily - Stella Supreme
~Lemon Thyme
~Lavender
~Salvia - May Night
~A Burt's Bees hand repair kit

Nikki~ If I've forgotten anything, please forgive me! Our computer is on the fritz & I'm using someone else's, and I forgot my list at home. I'm going by memory! :O)

THANK YOU so much for such a FABULOUS box, Nikki! You have really made my day!
Thank You

Melissa

o

Wowzer Melissa! That was a great box! I'm wondering should I sent to Anita or wait? I didn't realize this is Memorial Day weekend? I can do either. But having a hummm....moment, lol.

Also wondered if anyone is up for hosting the swap for June? Please email me at sassyd@sccoast.net or post on here.

Thanks!
Sassy

o

Mao Mao Mao!

I am jumping up and down for joy! I recieved you package yesterday and I am just tickled to death (I think she has been reading my mind) We did exchange some general ideas but a more perfect match I could not imagine!

As I said we did exchange a few emails at the beginning of the RR, but this box is probably the most PERFECT match I have ever recieved!

Colour for my shady garden!

Heuchera (sp?)
Amethyst Mist
Creme Brule
Rasberry Regal
Key Lime Pie
a 5th I can't remember the name of, will update when I go outside to check)
(They sound good enough to eat don't they? and I have been drooling over these at the garden center)

Foam Flower (I have been wanting one of these) I couldn't decipher the label so perhaps Mao will be able to enlighten us)

Hosta
Lemon Lime
Lime Twist

Monarda
CoralReef

I had spent my budget for the shade garden this year on Reblooming Astilbe so now they will have some company while I wait for my shade perennials to grow up abit!

Thank you so much Mao, I feel absolutely horrible that I didn't have anything more exciting to send you than common perennials

Frances

o

• Posted by pat_6 z6 NE KY (My Page) on
    Thu, May 22, 08 at 13:26

Wow! This month has flown by! It has rained here every day (or most every day) for more than 2 weeks! Today, finally, we have sun!!! I thought the "mail-by" date for this rr was the 27th. I just realized that not only is it tomorrow but that Monday is a holiday. I e-mailed Sonja to see if she'd rather me ship tomorrow (Fri), on time, or wait until Tues. I will do whichever she prefers. Pat

o

Pat
We used to say time flies when you're having fun, now we just say time flies! I think everyone knows just how easy it is to have it slip away!

I wanted to add that the other plant which I could not remember was Heuchera - Regina, and I totally forgot to mention a daylily, "Pardon Me" looks like a stunner!

Thanks again Mao!

o

Sassy,
I'm in no hurry!! You must call off the rain & cold, so I can dig for you though:( this is just crazy 2 weeks ago I was in the 70's, now I'm in the 30's & rain everyday, they say it is going to warm up & stop raining, but I don't know about that?
I have 37 out right now, so I hope it does so I can get your box done, I will try to get it out Tuesday, as we have no mail Monday, but will let you know, getting Baby D in the morning, so even if it is nice I won't have time to do anything but chase him, so as I said no hurry here, will let you know when I can ship, I so did not want to be late this month, but really it is not my fault this time, I HATE NY weather:(Anita

o

Sassy, thank you so much for the America's Most Wanted Daylily! It arrived today and is already happily planted in my garden! You are the sweetest!

Smooches and Big HUGS!

Frances, that is a wonderful box that you received from Mao! Wow! I have plant envy! lol! Your gardens were already beautiful, now they are going to stop traffic!

Have a great night!
Tracy

o

Hi all!

Yesterday I received a wonderful box from Karen!!! :) Inside were:
Lilium 'time out' bulb
Lilium 'stargazer' bulb
tiger lily 'white tiger'
clematis 'nelly moser'
heuchera 'bressingham red'
geranium that looks like 'bevan's variety'
red monarda
red/orange lily
a huge division of a beautiful noid hosta
AND a cute garden decoration that looks like a shovel with a little birdie sitting on top and a little froggie below that says "Quiet! Gardening" Saving it for the patio at the new house. :)

Karen, I absolutely love everything you chose for me! Spent the evening getting everything tucked in. DD got your box to the PO today as I left before sunrise to travel to a business meeting. DC# is 01038555749447855192

Thank you again!!!

Hugs,
Dee

o

I glad you're pleased with your box Frances. The foam flower is Wherry and I've found it extremely easy to grow. The monarda is bright enough to hold it's own against orange if you want to go bold.

mao

o

You're Welcome Dee! I'm glad you liked everything! I can't wait for Saturday!! :)

It was so windy today. My little wintersown flowers I planted out are holding up pretty good. I thought they might not have been able to stand up to the wind all day. I should be planting some more right now, but I think thats going to have to wait for the week end!

Have a good evening everyone!
Karen

o

I received Christie's box today! It was lovely!! :)

The plants were packed just right, and still bright and green :)

I received
Alpine Strawberry Plant (woohoo!)
2 unknown plants ~ Christie you'll have to let me know what they are.. we think the smaller fern type one is some kind of herb, but the other prickly stemmed one... not sure! lol
Cranberry Mandarin Candle
Savannah Beeswax Hand Cream (*I loveeeeeee this!!)
Lemon Verbena Perfume
Cute lil Gnome Temperature Gage
Butterfly Pot Hanger
'Welcome' Froggy Statue (too cute!)

Hopefully I didn't forget anything and I hope I didn't mix the contents up.. I received THREE RR boxes at the same time today! lol

Thankyou so much Christie!! You did a GREAT job and I just love all the gifts, you truly gave from the heart! :)

Hugs all!

o

Hi,Ladies, Received amybabyboy3's box today but had a trip to take and didn't get home until too late to really look at everything so will have to list later. I am sure I will love it all. I also got her box out early this a.m. but the P.O. said it would be Tuesday before delivery. I think everything will be ok by then as I did it up very carefully. Amy,the # is 0304 3030 0001 3457 3749. All the boxes sound great that are being received and truly been sent from the heart. This has been a real fun RR. Have a wonderful weekend and Blessings, Margaret

o

Hi all,

I haven't heard from Lisa about us meeting in person to exchange our swaps. I thought it was to be this weekend, I may be mistaken. If we haven't made contact by then then I will mail her goodies to her. Hopefully things will work out for us to meet in person for her cousins wedding.
Just wanted to fill ya in Sassers.

Smiles,
Trina

o

Christie ~ took your box to the post office, but they said it still wouldn't be del. til Tuesday even with priority... sooo I brought it back home, unpacked the plants and put them in water til I can mail them on Tuesday. Not sure what else to do! I can't go to the post office tomorrow cuz my oldest son is graduating! *sighh :P

Just fyi~
Thanks,

o

Hey everybody! I don't want anyone worring about sending out Tuesday, I'm not sending till then either. When I made the deadline, I completely forgot about Mem. weekend.
Anita, you know I'm not worried about a box from you dear! Just when you can.

Everyone's gotten such great boxes, what a wonderful bunch of girls you are!

Tracy so glad it got there ok, its such a pretty one!

Sassy

o

Hi Wendy,
Ok, the little, little plant is Hens and chicks.
The middle sized, I believe the one you are referring to as fern like is lavendar. I hope it still smells. And the large stemmy, semi prickly are raspberry plants!! I searched and searched for those and since I have interupted their growing, it will probably bloom next season but those plants gets huge so put them in a spot where you do not care if they take over a bit.
I am glad that the plants arrived safely, and I didn't kill them ;)
Hope you like the raspberries.
Christie

o

Oh yeah Wendy, I think I sent a package of 7 mixed Lily bulbs, just wondering if they were in the box or shall I smack myself because I forgot to include them? lol

Also no worries on the shipping of the box on Tuesday. That will work out great for me.

Christie

o

I'm mailing my package out on Tuesday too. I'm glad I'm not running late. ;)

Deb

o

Deb, you're not running late sweetie and I apologize, I think I missed your post saying Hi to me. HI!!! Yes it has been too long! I'm go glad your weather has gotten somewhat better, I sure hate you lost so many plants, if I had heirlooms, you know they'd be on their way to you:)

Anita, forgot to say, you have soooo much fun with little D!!!
Girl, I know how precious that time is:) Hope you both have a wonderful time!

Sassy

o

Christie ~ I'm THRILLED it's a raspberry plant and a lavendar plant.. woohoo! I'm so happy! LOL

Yes, hon, the bulbs were in there too,,I just mixed the boxes up when I tore thru all 3 RR boxes that arrived the same day..hehe and before I realized it I figured I probably did mix a couple things up! lol

Thankyou very much!
Wendy

o

Margaret, I received a most wonderful box from you today and I just love everything and especially all the thought that went into it. My box had:
red hens and chicks- never had these before and always wanted them
Beautiful pink foxglove- I adore these
ginger and pink astilbe and pink bee balm, love these too!!
4 little garden gnomes that are adorable and are going to live in my new little fairy garden that my boys helped me make.
2 speedracers and awesome gourd ,teddybear sunflower and little boo pumpkins seeds for my two little boys. They are so excited and playing with the cars right now.
I also received foot soak/cream, 2 yummy candles, cherry lotion and cherry bath fizzys and last but not least new garden gloves and dark chocolate-definetly the way to my heart.

Margaret, I don't know how to thank you enough for everything. What a special Blessing to have you as my pal this month and to get to know you, Take care and Thank you again, Amy

o

Boo hoo hoo! I missed the mailman this morning and found a note in my mailbox about my package. I won't get it until Tuesday! I went to a bridal shower, hubby was working and my son had baseball practice. I should have left my daughter at home! My youngest son was at an overnighter with at a friends. I'm from a small town, and one of the mail deliverers lives about 5 blocks from me, I'm almost tempted to call her up and ask if she can open the PO for me! lol. I guess I better not do that. I'll just have to wait. Temperature wise it should be fine. It is soooooo windy here. Has been for like 4 days and I'm sick of it. I can't plant out any of my Wintersown flowers in this wind.

Have a wonderful Memorial Day week end everyone!
Karen

o

Ohhhhhhhhh Karen, I am so sorry! If I had known you wouldn't be around, I could have waited to mail!!! I am sure nothing will "melt". It's been windy and downright chilly here the last few days too! This will be a test of my packing skills. yikes!!! ;) You will have to let me know if something doesn't make it.

Funny story about my small town PO: My post office is in a very small town with a pop of 117. (We live 3 1/2 miles out.) The postmaster and asst. know about my gardening addiction and that I receive and send plants often. One Saturday morning, the asst. called to make sure we were home because there was a package. We were all outside and didn't get the call but she left a message. After lunch that day, I found the message on the machine. Called her at home and she met me at the PO so I could get my package. Of course, it helped that she is a family friend. That's small town service! :)

It's a rainy dreary looking day here so far but the wind is a bit better behaved. Have a great weekend everyone!!!

Dee

o

Hi All, My package will be mailed on Tuesday morning. I am sorry for mailing late. This month has flown by. Sonja

o

Karen, I'm so sorry you missed Dee's box, I know that has been very painful! lol Especially knowing our 'Faint one' sends a mighty fine box! I'm sure they'll still be in good condition, now if she had sent it to me and it left that long, I'm not sure. Our weather is so hot already. But you should be ok. Good thing is, tommorrow is almost here:)

Where is everyone and what have you been doing with your families this weekend? Hope everyone had a great time and remembered all of our veterans & troops.

Photobucket

Sassy

o

Hello, I hope everyone had a nice Memorial Weekend! We had family in from out of town since Friday night. We cooked out on Saturday and then hit the pub on Sunday. We celebrated my inlaws 45th wedding anniversary and all the summer birthdays for hubby's brothers and sisters and my oldest son too. It was a nice relaxing time.

Whenever I had a free minute I was out finishing up the final layers on the lasagna bed that we put in this spring. It is finished now and I started planting out during the day yesterday.

Today was spent working out in the yard and then finding out that our well pump has gone on to a better place. I started to water in all of my new little plants after I put them in their new homes and phlbt! NO WATER! Figures today would be an 80 degree day.

Hubby is down the basement now installing the new pump and motor. Please keep your fingers crossed that we will be having indoor plumbing again soon! lol! Poor guy spent all day out in the hot sun building a new porch for a customer and has to come home to play plumber. What a sweetheart he is.
Plumber

o

Tracy I'm so sorry you're having a such a bad time dear, and hope you get it resolved quickly.

Fingers crossed sweetie!

Hugs,
Sassy

o

Thanks Sassypants, hubby is almost finished with the new pump and motor. He had to run out and pick up a few more fittings and hopefully we will have running water soon. We lucked out and got a light rain last night and it is overcast today and 62 degrees with light mist so the plants will be perking up. Hurray!

Thanks for the good wishes and crossed fingers! That helped a bunch!

Smiles,
Tracy

o

Dee, you've passed the packaging test with flying colors!!
Your box arrived and everything will make it just fine! I'm so happy with what you've sent:
A very nice card and note
Creeping Sedum - new for me
Heliopsis 'Lorraine Sunshine' - Love the foliage on this!!
Columbine songbird 'Cardinal' - LOVE this columbine!!
Scabiosa pale yellow - I've been wanting this also :)
Dianthus 'Telstar' - There is even a flower blooming!
Viola - pretty colors that I don't have!
Sweet William 'Heart Attack'- I love the color of this!
Daylily 'David Kirschoff'
Daylily Siloam 'Fairy Tale'
Daylily 'Bela Lugosi'
Daylily 'Nefertiti'
I've googled these daylilies, and will absolutely love them blooming in my gardens!!

Thank You soooo much Dee, for all of these wonderful flowers!!! I will get them planted and watered immediately! It's a nice cool day today. Last night we were in a frost advisory, and I've not been feeling well, picked up some kind of nasty cold virus, so I decided my plants were on their own. Didn't have the energy to go out and take care of them. Everything looked fine this morning.

Tracy, hope your water situation was taken care of!

Sassy, your granddaughter just keeps on getting cuter and cuter!!

Have a good day everyone!
Karen (still smiling from ear to ear)

o

Great box Karen! I know you are happy! Hope you feel better.

Speaking of feeling better, Anita please don't rush on my box, I'm sick and Kenzie is sick so I can't go out in this heat and dig. I'll get it to you soon, if I can I'll dig them this afternoon.

Have a good evening
Sassy

o

Tracy I hope your water problem is fixed!!!

Sassers, she gets cuter by the picture!!!! I hope you feel better soon!!!

WOW on your box Karen, Awesome Dee, as usual!!!

I am packing boxes today and will post the DC # as soon as I get them mailed this afternoon. WHEEEWWW its warm outside lol but I am having fun and putting a Pixie blessing on each plant I dig for a gardening friend. (Please Lord let this plant do well for its new friend!!!)

Well I can't get into the pool until I have my goodies sent.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Smiles,
Pixie

o

• Posted by pat_6 z6 NE KY (My Page) on
    Tue, May 27, 08 at 16:35

I mailed Sonja's (Happyseed) package today, with Delivery Confirmation #0307 1790 0002 6078 2084. I hope she enjoys it as much as I enjoyed putting it together! Pat

o

Hi all! Just checking in. Great box Karen! I know you are excited about getting everything planted. Melissa, how are you feeling? Been thinking about you! Nikki

o

Hi all, Pat and I have been in touch. She emailed her confirmation number and I sent her mind. I will post her number again here: 0306 3030 0000 4940 3599. Thanks Pat and I hope you enjoy your box. Sonja

o

You are most welcome, Karen! Glad everything arrived in good shape. Enjoy your new blooms for many years to come! Thank you, Sassy One for organizing!!!

Hope those that aren't feeling well will soon be better! Tracy, good to see that your water problems should soon be solved...God bless hubbies! ;)

Hugs,
Dee

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: This thread has reached the upper limit for the number follow-ups allowed (150). If you would like to continue this discussion, please begin a new thread using the form on the main forum page.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here