Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Larry's iris give away

Posted by ishareflowers 5 MA. (ishareflowers@aol.com) on
Tue, May 19, 09 at 11:14

I know this is a bit long but it's important to me that everyone know where these tubers came from.

When I was a young girl growing up in a small town in Massachusetts, there was a garden that was just stunning. I can remember as far back as junior high admiring the garden as the school bus drove by this home. As the years went by I would gawk each time I had the opportunity to drive by this garden.

Years later when I bought my own home, I had to drive by this garden daily on my way to and fro work. I would sit and wrench my neck trying to see more into the yard and what was blooming. I would see an older gentleman working the garden from time to time.

Over the last ten years, I noticed that the garden started to slip a bit and figured the man must be getting up in years. I remembered him being "older" when I was a teenager.

I recently had the honor of meeting this gardener, his name is Larry and he's 83 years old now. He was at one time(1995) the president of the historical iris preservation society and he and his wife were iris judges for years.

Larry invited me over to walk his gardens with him, it is still a sight to see. He showed me some pictures of his iris' in bloom and we had a nice conversation about gardening. He told me he had been diagnosed with parkinsons disease and would be selling his home and leaving his garden behind.

It's so sad! This home was a show place in it's day.

I told Larry how I had always admired his garden from a distance and he joked "you didn't stop to help though, did ya" He then said, did you bring a shovel and told me to start digging particular plants.

A few days later I brought Larry a nice lunch as a thank you and he told me about the new owner moving the carriage house soon. I know they will have to drive over his iris bed to do this. I panicked and started digging to save Larry's iris'.

The problem is, I don't have a home for all of them. I just couldn't let them be ruined and thought I'll figure something out.

So, here I am! I decided that I would offer these for postage and a thank you card for Larry letting him know where his iris will be growing. I think it would be so nice to get one growing in every state.

A piece of Larry's garden can live on.... in ours!

I just mailed the first two tubers today and I figure three dollars and a brown paper envy will cover the postage and a delivery conf# to get the iris tuber back to you.

NO THANK YOU CARD FOR LARRY ..... NO TUBER!!!

I already have the following states covered by members of the garden web.

Iowa
california
Illinois
georgia
minnesota- sent today to diego1991
louisiana
new york
michigan
texas- sent today to susantexoma
pennsylvania
new hampshire
utah
N. carolina
washington

If your interested please just post here! I'll email my addy to you soon.

Thank you
Lisa

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Larry's iris give away

I would love one for WI... Wow president of the iris association... I bet his yard is wonderful.... That is terrible he has to leave it.. I cant imagine .... Thanks Lisa...Barb

o

I'd love to get some of Larry's iris (and Maryland isn't on your list yet!)

Thanks,
Sarah

o

I would be happy to send a Maine card for some of Larry's Irises. E-mail me your addy.
Thanks,
diene

o

Hi Lisa,

I would be interested in some of Larry's Iris's. I live in Florida. Please let me know how to send postage(to you) and a Thank-you to Larry. And Thank-you for saving Larry's Iris's.

Regina

o

Okay people.... This is for 1 tuber. I know that Larry had over 1200 iris at one time but I can't save them all. I'm sending 1 tuber to each person that responmds.

Lisa

o

I would be happy to send a Oregon card for some of Larry's Irises. E-mail me your address.
Thanks,
Patti

o

Lisa, I would be happy to send Larry a card from Oklahoma! I would love to have one of his Iris with so much wonderful history behind it!

Let me know what you need from me and I'll see about finding a really nice postcard from Oklahoma for him :)

Kathy

o

Kathy,

It doesn't have to be a post card, it can be any card with a note where you are from.

Lisa

o

I would love to send a card from Ky.
Alana

o

Lisa, I would love to have some of Larry's iris and will send him a wonderful card from Arkansas! Thanks, Melinda

o
RE: Larry's iris give away- Postcard

Thanks, Lisa! I will be including a note for him as well, but I know there are some really lovely postcards with scenes from here in Oklahoma and really would like to send him one so that perhaps he can keep it and smile knowing his iris has found a caring home here :)

Kathy

o

Hi Kathy,

My grandfather, a wonderful gardener, was also Larry. He and my grandmother are long gone, but their gardening, composting, and recycling passions live on in me!

If you would like another card from Pennsylvania, I would be honored to! And I'll keep the story alive, too! :)

Elizabeth

o

Please put me down for South Carolina. I love plants that have a history behind them. I would treasure one of Larry's irises.

Gail

o

Hi Lisa.....Helen from OH would love to have one of Larry's irises. Please send your address to hfoxsmith@windstream.net
I have to post it here as Garden Web has my old address.
Sincerely....Helen

o

I know there is already a KY represented. But if you are sending more than 1 to each state, I would like to have a tuber.

Debbie

o

Hi Lisa...if you would like to accept another member from Ohio, I would be happy to give Larry's iris a home and send him a warm thank you. Please let me know and I appreciate your consideration.

Thanks! - Lisa

o

Hello Lisa;
I need your address. Thanks. diene

o

I'm from TN & would love to have one too.

o

I'd love to send a card from NJ and to have one of Larry's beautiful Irises in my garden.
Mariann

o

I'm going to send an email to everyone later tonight with my addy.

I mailed two iris tubers to two people today and it was just about $3 each with delivery conf#. I'll send back any extra $ if there is any. I was told to ship the iris' in just a brown paper envy, not bubble!

Please don't ask to have it sent without delivery conf#,I need to know that they made it home!

I don't want to be rude but I'll mail your envy back if I don't get a card to put on the board that I'm making for Larry.

This is what I'll need from you

1. a thank you card for Larry

2. $3.00, I'll mail back change when sending the tuber
3. a manilla type envy with a return addy label inside, no bubble envies! I hear the tuber can rot in transit if it's hot in your area.

Lisa

o

Lisa, I know you are in Mass too. But you don't have our state listed. If you want another Massachusettsite to add to the list, put me down. I'd love to add Larry's iris to my Heritage Garden in honor of my grand-uncle Larry.
Let me know.
Sue

o

If you are doing more than one per state, I would love to have one of Larry's irises. From PA.

Don (dem_pa)

o

I would love to have one to put in my mothers garden in Delaware. I live in Pa but would be happy to send a thank you to Larry for his iris for my mother.
Denise

o

Colorado here, I would love to add a Larry's Iris to my iris garden. Wish I was there to help you dig & pack!
Just a note -- manilla envelopes tear so easily with bulky items inside. What about bubble env with a few paper punch holes for circulation?
Could you maybe keep in touch & see how a year from now goes, possibly we could send him a picture of his blooming iris in our garden. Just a thot, but might not be practicle...

o

colcol,

I wish you were here to help me dig and pack too!

I don't mind a bubble envy with holes for circulation. I just don't want to kill them!

I think pics in a year would be great!

Lisa

o

Lisa, if you don't mind another Michigan card, I'll help! I'll gladly send a card for Larry. Helen is the name of the gardener your story reminds me of. She's in her 80s and still finds time to walk the gardens with anyone who will stop by, and I couldn't begin to tell you how many local people have something from her perennial garden now growing in their garden. All summer long, there's at least one 5-gallon bucket at the edge of her driveway, filled with plants, waiting for someone to come pick them up after receiving these words in a phonecall..."I was driving by your house earlier, and noticed you didn't have any (insert plant name here) in your garden. I've got some in a bucket waiting for you to come pick them up..."
It's gardeners like Larry and Helen who set the standard for those of us coming up behind them.
-Dan

o

I'd be honored to have one of Larry's iris growing amongst my own here in Connecticut. This is a very nice thing you are doing!

o

Hello everyone!

I sent emails to the first person to post for each state, if you didn't get an email and you were the first one from your state please send another email.

To those who were the second, I'll send emails if the first person doesn't follow through or I end up with extras. I'm sorry but I can only dig and pack so many. I'm returning to work on the 31st and need to get this done by then!

SARAHBEAN, you have no email listed for me to contact you.

Thank you everyone!
Lisa

o

I would love one of larry's iris. I don't see Mississippi on your list.
Barbara

o

I had tears in my eyes when I read this. sigh .. so sad..
I would truly be honored to have one of Larry's Iris. I think Barbara has southern Missisippi, but if you don't mind I could be Northern Mississippi. I wish I were closer so that I could help you dig.
Lisa, it's wonderful thing you are doing and I know it will help give Larry some small amount of peace over leaving his garden.

Joan

o

Lisa, your rhode Island Red here...LOL

I would be honored to have one of his plants.

Lisa, what you are doing is amazing...and I am sure Larry will feel a bit better knowing his plants are being loved and taken care of.

I hope to get to see you at the plant swap ! (hint hint)

thanks Lisa, for all your doing for Larry !

o

• Posted by taz56 z8 Ga. (My Page) on
    Tue, May 19, 09 at 23:18

My hat goes off to you Lisa, what a wonderful thing
you are doing for Mr.Larry and the other gardeners,
now thats what gardening all about!
Susan

o

I would absolutely love to send a thank you card for Larry!!! Iris' are the most beautiful flower! I am in Kansas and did not see anyone yet, If I can request one tuber I will send a lovely card.
Billie

o

I would love to have one for Missouri. Email me.

o

I did not see Indiana on your list. If not, I would love to send a card for Larry and continue his legacy. Please let me know.

Nichol

o

Morning all,

This is where I stand right now, I need the following states to complete my mission!

alabama
arizona
alaska- ya right!
hawaii- another ya right!
idaho
montana
nevada
nebraska
n. dakota
new mexico
s. dakota
vermont
virginia
w.virginia
wyoming

If your from that state and we already made a plan, please correct me.

Lisa

o

Hi Lisa! Scratch South Dakota off of your list! I'd be honored to have one of Larry's Iris' also! I will include a card. Thank you!

Karen/kalena67

o

Sorry, Lisa--I just sent you an email!

Sarah

o

Hi, Lisa.

I can't believe no one has responded from Virginia yet. I would love to have an iris and will send a thank you and a picture postcard as well as the $3.

Thanks for being a good neighbor and friend to Larry.

Becky

o

Hi Lisa,
We made contact, but you missed putting down Colorado on your list. Hoping to get it in todays mail, but possibly tomorrow.
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR DOING THIS!
if anyone has a good memory or note organization, perhaps we could even post blooming pictures here next yr so others can see what we all got. (I took some plant markers from the Pinata box, so I'm set for keepin track of it!) :)
TKs,
Coleen - Colorado - colcol
I'll be thinking of you when I'm out in my garden today. Diggin work is more fun with a friend, tho!

o

Hi Lisa,

My envie went in the mail today.

Becky

o

Hi Colcol, I think I'm missing something or maybe you are..lol The list I posted this morning is a list of the states that I still need to get. I have you down as my colorado rep. NO worries and thank you for suggesting pics next year, that would be great!

I think I've emailed everyone for today, please send your envies as soon as possible.

Thanks for helping!
Lisa

o

Lisa, I mailed my envelope today. Larry sounds like a very special gardener, and so are you for taking on this project.
Alana

o

I would like to participate if there are any left.

Mark Case

o

Lisa,

If you need another Maryland I would be very greatful.

Or if you need a Virginia I will request one for my grandmother and do her part with the card and note.

I would actually like to send a card even if I can't have an iris if that would be alright I think that is just wonderful what you are doing and it is going to make his day! (But let me know if that is alright with you if I send a card even it no iris comes)

Tammy

o

HA! Yep, I am missing "it". I Can't Read,ishareflowers!
Wow! You've sure got alot of states covered! I'm surprized, wow! I wonder what the memberlist for GW totals!

o

I would love to have one of Larry's Iris! I would be happy to send Larry a thank you card also. Please let me know what I need to do and where to send Larry's card.

Thank you,

Don

o

Lisa-I mailed the env. and card out yesterday. You should have it by this weekend.
Thanks for doing this
Mariann

o

here are the conf# for the iris' that have been mailed already.

minnesota- 0307 0020 0004 6759 9585

utah- " " 9561

texas- " " 9592

I'll post conf#s daily as I mail the tubers out to you.

I still need a rep from the following states

alabama

arizona

alaska

hawaii

idaho

montana

nevada

nebraska

n. dakota

n. mexico

vermont

w.virginia

wyoming

Have a great day

Lisa

o
website

to all those sending for Larry's iris.....

Take a look at www.thunderridegardens.com and click on iris'. If you scroll down a bit there are links to photos of some of Larry's iris'.

I have no idea if I have any of the ones shown but they were all from Larry's garden.

Lisa

o

Is that www.thunderridgegardens.com ?

Here is a link that might be useful: Thunder Ridge Gardens

o

Hi Lisa,
I would LOVE to be included. I am in Virginia. When I was younger we had some Iris my uncle gave to my mom and Ive always loved iris. I now fially have a home of my own.And I have been trying to get the gardens together This would help me so much as being a single home owner it gets a little tight. Please Let me know if you have any still avaliable. Tell Larry they will have a great permenent home.
Thank you,
Shannon

o

Good afternoon everyone,

I got 2 envies today and mailed them out this afternoon.

California- Canyonwind- conf# 0307 0020 0004 6759 8496, this was sent priority mail due to xtra funds being sent.

Louisiana- ashcraft- conf# 0307 0020 0004 6759 8502

I'm going to try to pack and send these all out the day I get the envies.

Again, to the people that are asking for iris' that I already have your state covered. I will email you IF I have any extras after completing my mission.

I really wish that I could send to ALL of you but I can only commit to one per state right now.

Thanks,
Lisa

o

HI,

I know you already have Texas (but it IS a Big state, LOL)..if you have enough I would be honored to help spread Mr Larry's iris across the country and share his story. My boys & I would happily send him a thank you card as well, (possibly even with a photo of the recipients).

Chell

o

Lisa,

My envelope with thank you card went out in today's mail. Thank you for allowing me to be a part of keeping Larry's garden alive.

Patti

o

What a wonderful idea. Thank You. I would love to have one of Larry's Iris in New Mexico. Please send info. Bev

o

My envelope will go out tomorrow.
Barara-Mississippi

thanks to you and Larry

o

Good Morning,

I still need the following states:

Alabama

Arizona

Alaska

Hawaii

Idaho

Montana

Nevada

Nebraska

N. Dakota

W. Virginia

Wyoming

So close, yet so far.....

Lisa

o
First iris is planted (in Texas)!

Larry's iris arrived here yesterday and I immediately planted the tuber in a place of honor in my front yard -- so the first of his irises is now in the ground at its new home in Sherman, Texas! Thank you so much, Lisa!

Susan

o

My envelope is on the way. With the holiday on Monday, I am guessing you will get it on Wednesday.

Becky

o

Maine

New York

New Jersey

Massachusetts

I got your cards and envies, I won't mail out until Tuesday because I don't want them sitting at the P.o.

I'll post dc#s when I get them out on Tuesday.

Lisa

o

Lisa,

I have a sister in law that lives in HI. How about I send a envie and stamps and we send one to her! I guess you have NC already.

Mark in NC

o

Hi Mark,

I sent you an email.

Lisa

o

If wa falls thru I am an eager lady in waiting. thankyou Carol

o

Hey Lisa, that is so sweet of you to do!
It would be an honor if I could send you a card from Montana!
Vicky

o

Good Morning all,

I still need the following states:

Alabama

Alaska

Idaho

Nebraska

N. dakota

W.Virginia

Wyoming

Lisa

o

Morning all!

I got envies from the following states and will mail them back on Tuesday.

New York

Kentucky

connecticut- Thank you for the seeds you sent me!

Colorado

New Jersey

Massachusetts

Maine

I'll post dc# on Tuesday Morning

Thanks,
Lisa

o

Hi Lisa,

I think it is wonderful what you are doing for Larry. He is still spreading joy with his beautiful irises as people all over our nation will be able to enjoy them. That is really a neat idea.

My mother was really touched by his story and is happy to display one of his irises in her garden in Delaware. I have first dibbs on it when it multiplies. So it will be traveling to my home in Pa and I always share with my aunt in MD. It will continue to be spread around to friends and family from state to state:)

Thanks so much!!!
Denise

o

Sent mine yesterday with a postcard I printed with a picture of one of the irises in my garden and a thank you note on the back of it.... Hope that is okay?

o

Countrygrl,

Any message to Larry is fine!

Thanks,
Lisa

o

Aloha Sexy (just read your profile, couldn't resist!)

i am happy to serve as your Hawaiian alternate. just emailed you.

the heart that gives...gathers

Bless you.

o

Okay people,

I mailed the following states iris' out today. The first 16 #s are the same as Kentuckys.

0307 0020 0004 6760 1486- Kentucky

1479- Colorad

1455- Maine

1448- New York

1431- Massachusetts

1424- connecticut

1417- New Jersey

I got the following envies today.

Wisconsin

Iowa

Montana

Virginia

Michigan

Pennsylvania

Oklahoma

Oregon

South Carolina

These will be packed and mailed by tomorrow.....

Thanks everyone!
Lisa

o

Awesome! I can't wait! I'm going to my Mom's to plant her flower beds this weekend. I'm going to surprise her with the iris.

o

hello
do you have someone for Illinois or Missouri
if not than I would like a chance to be in on this.
let me know
michelle

o

Okay, I just came back from the p.o. AGAIN!

I have mailed to the following states..

Wisconsin- 0307 0020 0004 6759 8793

oregon- " " 8762

S. Carolina- 8755

Pennsylvania- 8786

Michigan- 8779

Iowa- 8731

Virginia- 8748

Oklahoma- 0308 0070 0001 4812 0149- sent with sasbe

Please check your envies for change, I only had a couple go over the $3 but everyone else has change in their envy.

I included a Larrys iris plant tag with each iris, should you someday identify the iris please keep it labeled as Larrys such and such!

Montana, you almost got an empty envy...lol I got to the p.o. and all that was in your envy was your postage $$ and a plant label. I'll mail yours out in the afternoon tomorrow. Sorry

I did not write a personal note back to anyone, I just stuck the rhizome in and of it went... I do appreciate you all sending for these rhizomes and helping me with my mission!

Thanks,
Lisa

PS: if your rhizome were smaller, I sent two or three to make up for fans. They are probably all different colors though. I hope noone minds.

o

I just wanted to let you know, Lisa, that my envie from SD is going in the mail tomorrow. I was getting it ready for the mailbox this a.m. and the mailman beat me to it!

Karen

o

Starting to worry - mine should have been there by now.

~ Tracy in NC

o

Lisa thanks for keeping larrys iris legacy alive..I think what you are doing is wonderful... You are a awesome friend and gardener...Thanks WI barb

o

Joyunspeakable,

I got your envy! I'm sending you an email.

Lisa

o

Hello everyone,

I have three of Larry's iris blooming here now, they are all purple. They appear to be three different purples but they are all purple. I'll try and get a pic if the rain stops.

I only have about ten iris' in my garden and really haven't done any homework on them, Are some iris more hardy than others?

Tracy, your iris will go out today with whatever envies come in the mail this afternoon. I'll post dc# later on.

Lisa

o

Good Morning,

My "King Larry" aka "Larry's Iris 09" arrived safely (with change...your so funny) and has been planted in a very special place in my South Orange County, CA garden. I am glad there was enough to cover the mailing tab. Lisa, you are a fine accountant and extremley organized! LOL!!!....THANK YOU!

I just love the idea of each person sending a note. Larry will be smiling when he reads each of them.......

Happy Wednesday to all!

Annie

o

Hi All,

Imailed a few more iris' out today. Here are the conf#s

Joyunspeakable - 0307 0020 0004 6760 4098

Raggedyanne- 4104

Montana - 4128

Brittneysgran- 4111

There were no envies in the mail yesterday. I'll post after the mail comes today if I receive any envies.

Lisa

o

I hope I get it today! I hope it comes in the mail today! I hope I get it today! Nothing like being a little kid again! LOL!

o

Becky,

I just checked and it arrived at unit in the town that I mailed to @ 8:10 this morning. If you really want it today and it's not delivered you can go pick it up. I have done this before so something doesn't sit over the weekend.

Lisa

o

• Posted by val1 z4 UT (My Page) on
    Thu, May 28, 09 at 11:30

Do you still need Idaho? If so, I have a sister who lives in south eastern Idaho and would love to send a Thank You to Larry and receive one of his iris. She is not a member of Gardenweb, but I talked to her about it just a few minutes ago. Please let me know.

Val

o

Val, sent you an email

Lisa

o

Hello Lisa;
Larry's Iris made it to Maine but the weather is not clement so it will be tomorrow before it is planted. Thanks.
diene

o

Hi Lisa,
Larry's Iris arrived here in Southeastern Mass. today. It will be planted tomorrow in it's special place of honor.

Thanks so much to you, and of course, to Larry also.
Sue

o

Lisa-Larry's Iris arrived in New Jersey today.
Thank you and I'm looking forward to seeing it bloom
Mariann

o

Larry's iris arrived in Connecticut this afternoon and is settling down in it's new home. Thank you so much.

o

Lisa,

I received my iris bulb today! Thanks so much! I'll be planting it tomorrow.

Becky (New York)

o

I would be honored to be your Alabama representative, if you still are looking for one(-:

o

Lisa,
Received the iris today thanks so much. It will be in its new bed in Delaware by this weekend.

Denise

o

Good Morning all,

I haven't gotten any envies for the past two days.

Please, if your going to send for them, send now!

Lisa

o

• Posted by dorisl 5 NW Chicago burbs (My Page) on
    Fri, May 29, 09 at 8:54

Hi Lisa!

I see you already have an Illinois, however, if the opportunity comes up to break it down by counties or something, I shall be honored to adopt a Larry iris, or a larry anything else.

:)
Doris

o

daffodil,

sent you an email.

Lisa

Doris, I'll keep you in mind!

o

Lisa,

Curious...how many "notes to Larry" have you received thus far???

Annie

o

Hi Lisa,
Just wanted to let you know that I received Mr. Larry's irises yesterday, and will be planting them today. Thanks so much!
~Laura (Michigan)

o

Hi Lisa,

I received Larry's Iris yesterday too..They are in their special spot in the garden..Thank you to you and Larry...Barb WI

o

Colorado reporting in -- arrived in good shape yesterday & planted immediately. Thank you so much!!!
colcol

o

I received Larry's Iris yesterday. They are in a place chosen especially for them. I will take pictures as they grow so that I have them if you do a follow up on this special project that you have started. Thank you for allowing me to be apart of Larry's Garden.

Patti - Oregon

o

My iris arrived in NC today. I will find a nice place for it Monday. Thank you again!

~ Tracy

o

I'm glad to see that larrys irises are making their way to new homes.

I just noticed that I've been answering peoples questions on here from my email thus appearing that I'm ignoring questions. I'm not...lol

I mailed out yesterday to

Florida and washington, I'llpost the dc#s when I'm not too lazy to get up and get them..lol

I got an envy from S. dakota today and will mail out on Monday.

Lisa

o

A "Larry" iris rhizome was waiting for me when I got home yesterday. I will be planting it out tomorrow.
Thank you Lisa. I am sorry I did not think to tell you to keep the change!
Alana

o

Alana,

I have mailed change back to every person that had change due back to them so I wouldnt have kept it anyway but Thank you!

Lisa

o

Iowa checking in...Larry's iris arrived Friday and is happily planted in a place of honor next to my new home. :) Thank you, Lisa and Larry!!!

Alana, Lisa doesn't listen. *giggles* But she sure is special!

Dee

o

Hello!

I would love to have one of Larry's Iris!

I know you already have a South Carolina, but if you would like another please keep me in mind!!

This is such a wonderful idea to save the iris's!

-Kat

o

Lisa, I received mine Friday. Thank you so much for sharing! Larry's iris will have a special place in my yard.

o

Larry's iris arrived in Virginia yesterday while I was visiting my daughter and son-in-law and helping establish some flowers (including iris) in their yard. My husband opened the envelope and put it in a safe place, and I will get it in the ground tomorrow (should have done it today when I got back!) Lisa, I see I owe you money, so sorry! If you have a paypal account, I will be glad to send it to you that wayl LMK. I have a prime spot awaiting Larry's iris, where I took some others out that are now in my daughter's yard.

Becky

o

Hi Becky, Don't worry about it going over. I only had a few like that so it's no big deal.

I have a few more irises going out tomorrow for those of you who just sent in your postage.

Lisa

o

I know you already have TN but if you have any extras ,I would love to have one also.thanks for helping keep a old mans garden alive!!

o

Lisa,

Larry's Iris arrived yesterday and will be planted this evening in it's special, reserved space in my front yard beds. I am sectioning off a space just for it and any future offspring it may put off. I am keeping it somewhat isolated not only so it can shine alone, but because I'm trying to keep it from crossing with others, which are in the back yard. I am so thrilled to represent Oklahoma in your project and hope that Larry enjoys knowing they are being spread across the US. If you end up with more, whether they are iris or not, from his beds, I will be happy to give them a new home to save them for him :)

Kathy

o

Hi All,

I mailed out four irises today. They went to:

New Mexico- 0307 0020 0004 6760 4685

Iowa- 4768

missouri- 4662

S. Dakota- 4654

I didn't get any envies today....

Lisa

o

this is a great storry, one that i would love to tell my people in az, and include in my slide show, i dont have a list when i ask for a trade i send my slideshow. and in my prayers, god bless you and larry..norma

o

Morning all!

For those of you who haven't sent in your envies, I will wait until next wednesday and if I haven't gotten your envy, card and postage I will move onto the next person in line.

Rhode island, you package will go out today.

Lisa

o

Larry's Iris arrived in South Dakota today! :o) I will put it in my front bed for all see! Thank you, Lisa, for finding homes for Larry's Iris'.

Karen

o

Im in Hawaii. I would love to have one.

o

Hi, Lisa,
I checked the # sent for Iowa 0307 0020 0004 6760 4768 & the message I received was -There is no such #. Do I have it correct? Want to make sure I am home to receive. Blessings, Margaret

o

Hi Margaret,

I just checked your dc#, the last 4 numbers are 4678. I'm sorry, I must have transposed the numbers when posting them.

Lisa

o

I would just love to grow Larry's legacy irises here in Utah, I'll rmail you for my address. Thank you for sharing. Chris

o

If you don't have one for Mississippi yet, I would be happy to send Larry a card and postage on Monday for one of his iris. Please let me know.

Thank you,

Don

o

Larry's iris is safe in its Missouri home. Thank you Larry and Lisa. Can't wait to see what it looks like.

o

LISA, Thank you so much! The iris arrived this week while I was on the road and I have the perfect spot for it.

Again, thanks so much for giving me the opportunity to give Larry's iris a home in Illinois. I will get the card back to you on Monday as I am going to be a hermit today and not going any further than my yard.

LIFE IS GOOD,
Annie

o

Larry has moved into his new home, I'm hoping that he remembers to call me when he gets settled in. Here are some pics that I took , I thought I would add a few photos of his irises to the board that I made for him. The last three are ones that bloomed for me after being transplanted her in my yard.

Larrys irises

Photobucket

Larrys iris

larrys iris

Larrys iris

o

I received my iris yesterday. Thank you for taking the time to distribute Larry's iris across the country. What a great idea you had!!!!
Thank you,
Barbara-Mississippi

o

They are all beautiful, Lisa!! Thanks for posting the pics!

Karen

o

Lisa, the irises are beautiful! Can't wait to see what me Mom's turns out to be.

o

Lisa-Just letting you know I received Larry's iris & can't wait until next year to see it blooming. Thanks for this large undertaking you are doing. I know he will be thrilled when he sees your great accomplishment. Blessings, Margaret

o

I would love a couple iris if at all possible .let me know where to send postage
Kiddo

o

I am interested... have you sent any to Indiana yet?

o

Micyrey - your conf# is 0307 0020 0004 6760 2285 and please send me an email with your addy, I forgot to put your .80 in the envy back to you.

Rhode Island, I THOUGHT I mailed yours last week but low and behold I still had it here. Your conf# is 0103 0020 0004 6760 2278, I also forgot to put your change in. Please email your addy and I'll get your .62 cents back yo you.

pat-6 your iris was mailed, I posted the conf# on the pedal pushers thread.

Tracyvine, same as Pat

Lisa

o

The iris are beautiful Lisa...Thank you for the pics of them..:))) Barb

o

Hi lisa..just recd Larrys Iris In RI thanks so much. NO change needed..it would cost more to mail..do me a favor, and just give someone some free postage sometime.

Lisa, you are such an amazing person for doing this, I hope Larry feels a bit more comfortable moving knowing he has a good friend in you, and his Iris will live on for years.

Thanks again.

Kym

o

Hi everyone,

I got some envies today from back-up states.

Don from ms.

Vicki fron Montana

Jill from Wyoming

Marilyn from Idaho

These are packed up and will go out in the afternoon tomorrow.

LIsa

o

hello
thank you for all the work you are doing and please keep the change and use it if someone else needs more postage.
happy gardening
michelle

o

Hi Lisa,

Thanks so much for sending me Larry's irises! I really appreciate it and have planted them in a very special spot where they will get lots of love and care. I will be very anxious to see them bloom next season! I have mailed you some postage money and a "thank you" note for Larry, so hopefully you'll receive this soon. Thanks again for sharing with me! - Lisa

o

Hi Lisa,

The irises were a birthday gift for the b-day buddies swap!!!! I'll keep the card but will return the money when I get it.

Lisa

o

THIS OFFER IS NOW CLOSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

o

Lisa,
I can't wait to her what Larry thinks of all this wonderful hard work you've been doing!! I also can't wait until next spring when everyone starts to post pictures of Larry's irises in bloom!!

You're great!!
Amy (from MN)

o

I'm sad to hear this offer is over. I responded on the 9th because I didn't see Indiana listed as receiving one, and I even wrote a thank you note to Larry in a thank you card, but I think my message was over-looked, but that's okay. I have plenty of iris. I hope Larry has an iris somewhere in Indiana. Thanks anyways for sharing his iris the way you did/have.

J_and_C

o

Gardenmom2 posted her request from Indiana on May 20th.

o

Hello Lisa,

Larry's Iris arrived in Marietta, Mississippi today. Already safe and sound with wet, dirty feet, and plenty of sun! I believe they will be happy here. Thank you so much!

Don

o

Lisa, I got Larry's Iris today and it's planted already! I didn't get out to the mailbox Sat. so I'm not sure if it came then or today, but it was in great shape!
Thanks again and I hope he enjoys his cards!
Vicky

o

Please see the new thread and leave a message for Larry. He joined the gardenweb!!

o

What ever happened to Larry and his garden?

o

IHope Larry is doing well - he must be so proud with all those wonderful thank you notes =)

This post was edited by pinkiris on Tue, Aug 5, 14 at 23:31

o

I would love to see some pictures of the Iris's in everyone's garden. Should
be well established now.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here