Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
snboyken

update: houseplant swap ii

snboyken
17 years ago

Ok here is the new update message we will post to from now on. Buddies have been assigned, please email me back when you receive your buddy.

There were two left off the swap due to info was not received. I apologize for this, however wanted to get the buddies assigned.

Please note the following requirements:

1. Minimum number of cuttings/plugs/starts/plants is 4 (this will allow some newbies to join as well) - you may send extras, small gifts if you want, this is completely optional and not a requirement. If you do send extra, please do not be upset if you don't receive extra in return from your buddy.

2. Mailing date will be May 30th

3. Package should be mailed Priority mail

If you have any questions that are not answered above, please email to me at snboyken@yahoo.com.

Comments (41)

• veeja11
    17 years ago

I have my pal, does the person I have have me? just curious
    thankyou

• willandtysmom
    17 years ago

Hi, I would like to join if its not too late. thanks!

• wilcinbro1
    17 years ago

I have my buddy, too! I don't think my buddy has me, I don't think it works that way - does it? Could i mail out sooner? ~Cindy

• snboyken
    Original Author
    17 years ago

HI all, I have heard from all but one that they have recived their buddy. Please note that you more than likely will not send and receive from the same person.

If you buddy is ok with sending early it is ok with me.

Anyone wanting to sign up late can be, however I will be your buddy if thats ok, please send me your mailing info and wants list. However please note I may or may not have items on this list.

We have a total of 13 signed up. Thanks for joining everyone.

• number_1_angel
    17 years ago

Just checking in--I will be sending my buddy her box on monday--don't like mailing this close to the weekend!!! You know the 'baby' plants get scared and lonely sitting at some postal warehouse over the weekend--hahahaha!!
    Everyone must be planting--not much chatting going on!
    Back to work for me!
    Jeanette-aka-number_1_angel

• snboyken
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Has anyone sent/received their boxes yet. Please let me know.

• lunamoon
    17 years ago

I haven't mailed mine out yet. I'm going out of town and will mail them next week when I get back.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

Mine should be going out next week as well (Monday or Tues) I'll post when it goes out with the delivery conf #.
    It's been unusually chilly here, so I've been holding off.

• snboyken
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi all, Please have all pkgs mailed by Tuesday the 30th. Please let me know and your buddy when it is mailed so they will be looking for it.

Also if you are having trouble mailing by this date, please let me and your buddy know. We don't want anyone to think they have been forgotten.

Hope everyone enjoys their plants.

• veeja11
    17 years ago

Snyobken have you received your plants ? I mailed tuesday they should be there
    thankyou carol

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

My Package went out today. USPS #0305 0830 0002 4993

• number_1_angel
    17 years ago

OK Carol--Here's the scoop--my car went into the shop the 30th-broke down the night before--it is supposed to be done today-but it is almost 5 and it's not 'home' yet--so--I will be mailing tomorrow--sorry it's late--had to replace some things since you found your 'sage'-- but would have had it out today if it weren't for my car!!!!:)
    Please post when you get it!!
    Jeanette

• number_1_angel
    17 years ago

Deb---woohoo--got my box today--I LOVE everything--never had a hoya before--I'm really excited!!--here's a list of my goodies:
    unkn succulant
    cactus pups
    african violet leaves-pink ruffley
    curly bonnie spider
    silver squill
    sunflower seed
    hoya-publicalyx
    This has been fun --thanks snyobken for giving me a GREAT partner!!!
    Jeanette

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

Jeanette,
    I'm so glad you liked your plant cuttings! The hoya can be placed directly in soil to root. Or you can do the water method, both are equally the same. Hoyas are so hardy, and thrive (and bloom) on neglect. Your going to love the spider plant Bonnie! It grows such curly leaves that cascade down the pot! I love mine! I pre-rooted the baby in water for a few weeks, so it's ready to go in the soil. I've read that they love unchlorinated water, so let your water sit 24 hours before watering it. If you water it with tap water, brown tips will occur. Spiders also love to be misted.
    The unknown succulent was from a trade (Florida), it grows really large and forms a tree like trunk, it also blooms each summer. I have the name written down somewhere in my computer desk. If I find it, I'll let you know. It loves tons of sun and is an indoor plant.
    Gotta run, my Daughter's graduating tonight! 8th grade!

Deb

• auntlissa
    17 years ago

I received my package today. Thanks so much, Traci!! I received a Rubber Tree, Green Jew, Philo Brasil, Green Spider and Variegated Spider. Thanks again to Snboyken for putting this together!

Melissa

• lunamoon
    17 years ago

I received my package from MissSpoiled25 yesterday. She sent a desert rose, mother-in-laws tongue, night blooming cerus, arrowhead 'Exotic Cream' and some seeds from my want list. Many thanks Millie for a fabulous package!

Jenell

• veeja11
    17 years ago

Waiting

• wilcinbro1
    17 years ago

Hi!! I am sooo thrilled - I received my package on Thursday.
    Thank you Sharon!! Very nice! I got swiss cheese monstera, jade pothos, hoya, rhoeo, philo brasil, and anthurium. Wow!
    Watch your mail, Sharon:-). And, I will be sending my buddy's out on Monday. I didn't get them out sooner :-(, and i didn't want them sitting over the weekend. My buddy knows who she is....~Cindy wilcinbro1

• number_1_angel
    17 years ago

Vee---You should be done waiting by now and unpacking--did you get it yet???????????

• veeja11
    17 years ago

Got a wonderful stuffed box from Angel today, 2 unknown succulents, a begonia, peace lilly, flowering maple tree which dh saw and said you might as well toss that it gets 60 ft tall, we don't have room, then said wait it has small leaves it won't get big you can keep it. it is a patio varigated maple, really cute. thankyou Angel, I love it all. they are potted up and happy. thankyou carol

• snboyken
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Sounds like some good boxes so far. There are still a few I haven't heard anything from as to if the pkgs were mailed and if they have received. If you have not yet mailed your pkg, please let your buddy know. Thanks and hope all is enjoying this swap.

• number_1_angel
    17 years ago

Carol--the maple IS for your patio--mine are in a hanging basket and are just covered with apicot colored blooms--never saw anything like them before--beautiful!! I sent you one of the tags for it-but if you 'threw it out with the wrapping papers' let me know and I will get the info to you--it also says to bring it in before frost and grow as a houseplant!!! KEWL!!! Glad you liked them--sorry I couldn't find any chocolate cockroaches to send:(
    ttysoon
    angel

• moms_garden
    17 years ago

any of these swaps this month, or july, I would love in this one...
    sheila

• missspoiled25
    17 years ago

I'm so glad you enjoyed your package Jenell!
    This was my first official swap, thanks Sharon
    for putting it all together.

I'm patiently waiting for mine.

Millie

• snboyken
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Houseplant Swap II Status - sorry to be so long. If you have received or sent a pkg that is not noted below, please let me know. Thanks.

number_1_angel - sent to Veeja (rec 6/5)
    number_1_angel - received from debbya (6/1)

hummingbirddaisy - sending to baci
    hummingbirddaisy - receiving from lunamoon

veeja11 - sent to snboyken (rec 5/25)
    veeja11 - received from number_1_angel (Red 6/5)

lunamoon - sending to hummingbirddaisy
    lunamoon - received from missspoiled25 (rec 6/2)

missspoiled25 - sent to lunamoon (rec 6/2)
    misspoiled25 - receiving from countryfarmgal

debbya - sent to number_1_angel (rec 6/1)
    debbya - recieving from wilcinbro1

countryfarmgal - sending to misspoiled25
    countryfarmgal - receiving from auntlissa (mld 5/31)

wilcinbro1 - senting debbya (mld 6/5)
    wilcinbro1 - recieved from snboyken (rec 6/2)

baci - sending to snboyken
    baci - receiving from hummingbirddaisy

auntlissa - sending to countryfarmgal (mld 5/31)
    auntlissa - receiving from snboyken (rec 6/1)

simplylisa - sending to snboyken
    simplylisa - recieving from snboyken (mld 5/30)

willandtysmom - sending to snboyken
    willandtysmom - recieving from snboyken (mld 5/30)

snboyken - sent to wilcinbro1 (rec 6/2)
    snboyken - received from veeja11 (rec 5/25)

Fill in for trader who needed to drop out
    snboyken - sent to auntlissa (rec 6/1)
    snboyken - receiving from baci

Two late sign ups I was buddies with
    snboyken - sent to simplylisa (mld 5/30)
    snboyken - receiving from simplylisa

snboyken - sent to willandtysmom (mld 5/31)
    snboyken - reciving from willandtysmom

• hummingbirddaisy
    17 years ago

baci ~ your box goes out today. Sorry for the delay.
    I hope you like what I picked out for you.

I received a LOVELY box from lunamom yesterday!
    In the box was
    sunrise aloe - have wanted this for so long!
    kalanchoe - beharensis very cool plant
    pothos - neon also have wanted this one for alonf time
    silver fine pothos
    wandering jew
    All are very nice size plants. I love them all.
    Thank you for a wonderful box Jenell!

Tina

• simplylisa
    17 years ago

Sent out Snboyken's box today. Sorry for the delay. I hope you like it. Confirmation number is 0306 0320 0005 2296 5575
    Have not recieved box yet may come in today's mail. We live a little far out so things around here run slow. :-)

Hugs,
    Lisa & Kayla

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

My box arrived today from Cindy!
    I received... African violet (Rhapsodie Irene)
    3 cactus- barrel, column, optunia
    Aloe
    Purple passion
    String of beads

Thanks so much Cindy, for such a nice box! This swap was so much fun!

• snboyken
    Original Author
    17 years ago

received my box from simplylisa today at work. It was a wonderful box with several itmes I didn't have. A hosta, pink polka dot plant (love this), Sanbac Jasmine, several AV leaves to root, 3 Caladium bulbs - different colors, -I love Caladium and plant to plant around pool so all are great. Thanks so much.

Anyone received their plants.

• missspoiled25
    17 years ago

Hi ladies,

I'm still waiting on mine, could
    it be that I've been forgotten?
    =(

Millie

• snboyken
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I received my box from Baci, it contained some nice plants. I know the following were in it, I left the list in card, Two spider plants (I didn't have) elephant bush (never saw and loved)and two rubber tree (i have never seen the rounded leave one). Potted them up and doing great.

Let me know if you recieved your box this weekend. I will post a current status later today. Thanks and Happy Monday.

• hummingbirddaisy
    17 years ago

Has my box arrived yet?

Thanks, Tina

• snboyken
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Update - Current Status

Hummingbirddaisy - I received an email from Baci that he was out of town until Saturday. I am sure he will let us know then if its there when he returns. I have noted you mailed on 6/7 so it should be there when he returns.

Missspoiled25 - I will get a box together for you this weekend as I have not be sucessful in my email attempts to your buddy. I hope all is well with countryfarmgal. Has anyone heard.

The only other box not received was to me from willandtysmom, I have been unsucessful in my email attempts here as well. Most being returned as undeliverable. I hope all is well with willandtysmom. Has anyone heard from her?

Once Baci receives his box and I mail to missspoiled25 this swap will be complete. If anyone is interested we will do a round III.

Thanks for all the participation.

• simplylisa
    17 years ago

I could have swore that i posted what wonderful goodies Sharon (snyboyken) sent me its must be either lost in space or it's just another sign of my old age :-) Anyway, she sent me a lovely Philo Brazil (My fav), a Philo cordium, a golden pothos, a white/green wandering jew, a purple/green wandering jew and a peace lily. Lovely box and they are all potted up and looking very happy. Thank you so much for such lovelies. Sorry about posting so late don't know what happened to the first one. And I would love to do a Round III

Hugs,
    Lisa & Kayla

• number_1_angel
    17 years ago

Hey!! Count me in for round 3!!!
    Deb--if you are 'lurking' haha! my little 'Bonnie' is not doing well--any special instructions?? Everything else seems happy!!
    Jeanette

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

Jeanette,
    Spider plant "Bonnie" is usually so hardy. I've never lost one baby yet. Hmmm? I love using miracle grow coir for most of my houseplants (purchased at any home depot, k-mart, walmart). The mix doesn't dry out as often, due to the coir (I think coconut fiber). Plants seem to be less stressed with this mix.
    Spiders love light, not burning direct sun, but bright light. Mist it once a day with water that has been in a spray bottle for at least 24 hrs (to allow the chlorine to evaporate).
    I even had them growing soiless in an indoor water fountain and they were doing really well. My guess to why it's not doing so well is either, it's drying out, or not enough sun, or too much sun. When the tips turn brown, it's from chlorinated water, or it's dried out. When the plant turns very pale, too much light, if it's wilted, then blame overwatering, possibly the soil is too heavy, (thick/black soil), the miracle grow coir is a browish mix.

I hope this helped a little. ;)

Deb

• missspoiled25
    17 years ago

Please count me in for round 3!
    I've had lots of fun & sharon is a wonderful hostess.

Millie

• number_1_angel
    17 years ago

Deb--I do have it in a Miracle Grow medium--haven't been misting tho--just water from the bottom--1 leaf has dropped off-the other 2 are fine so far-no brown tips--I have other spiders and it's with them in bright filtered light--I'll let you know how it does while I baby it along!! Sure hope I don't lose it! Think I will call 'her' 'little debbie' hahahahaha!! I am SO corney!!
    Jeanette

• snboyken
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi All, hope you are having a great Monday.

Current Status

Baci - still waiting - he knows it was mailed on 6/7, Patiently waiting. I hope it arrives today.

Missspoiled25 - I did not get your pkg together this weekend. Hope to tonight for mailing tomorrow.

Still no word from willandtysmom and countryfarmgal

Even with the surprises that came about during this swap, I will be hosting a round 3. I am going to post today for signups, hope to see a few of you there as well. It will be Houseplant Swap III.

• missspoiled25
    17 years ago

No worries!
    I posted in the new thread and can't wait to play again!

Millie

• hummingbirddaisy
    17 years ago

Eeeewwwwwwwwwwww, if they haven't arrived by now, I can only imagine the shape they will be in when they DO arrive.
    I am just going to resend a box. Maybe I sent to the wrong address? Maybe you should resend it to me just incase?
    As soon as I get your e-mail with the addy, I will send out another box. Hopefully this one will ARRIVE.
    Didn't put any conf. # on the last one. Will do so with this one.

Tina