Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hazelnutbunny

UPDATE: :O) Adopt a Newbie #3

hazelnutbunny
14 years ago

Almost finished with our swap!

Here's where we stand:

~Kamil(kamiljablo)REC'Dcolor> AND Joseph(jdkind)

~Linda(lindaruzicka)REC'Dcolor> AND Michael(riverdank)

~Wendy(sassybutterfly)REC'Dcolor> AND Cindy(cjcjmass) & Billie Jo(cntrygrlathrt)

~Nikki(nikkineel)REC'Dcolor> AND Patti(patti1957)

~Toni(dirtdiggin)REC'Dcolor> AND Shannon(njcwgrl)

~Heather (divahethr)REC'D & SENTcolor> AND Angela(angela00)

Comments (57)

• mneel
    14 years ago

Hi all, I'm sad to report that Patti's box did not go out on Monday as planned. The weather has been crazy this week - lots of tornado watches and tons of rain. I promise to make it up to you Patti! Just wanted to check in and post an update. Nik

• njcwgrl
    14 years ago

Hi,
    I received my box from dirtdiggin(Toni)..And It was packed Full of good stuff...And candy Yea..I received gloves,A cute froggy windchime,Lots of seeds,a garden plaque,glads(already planted)and Dahlia Going to get dirt tomorow....GREAT Swap

Thank you soo much,
    Shannon

• mneel
    14 years ago

Hi all, just explaining the new name. My DH joined the forum for some pool information and apparently when he signed on, he must've checked some option where every time we get onto the internet and go to gw, we are already signed in under his name. I don't know how to sign out and come on under my name (nikkineel). Anyone have any ideas? Before he started his account, I would just have to sign in every time I came to gw and never "signed out".
    Anyway, just thought I would clarify for Patti so she knows it is really me:) Nik

• patti1957
    14 years ago

Hey Nik,

Take your time, I have been crazy busy with the vegetable garden and will be for the next week or so. Trying to get tomatoe plants in the ground while it has stopped raining for a few days.

Patti

• hazelnutbunny
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Great box, Shannon! :O)
    Since ya'lls trade is complete, I'll go ahead and take your names off the list.

Nik~ I wondered about the name, but just thought you'd had some sign-in trouble (forgotten your password or something like that). :O)

~Wendy(sassybutterfly)REC'Dcolor> AND Cindy(cjcjmass) & Billie Jo(cntrygrlathrt)
    ~Heather (divahethr)REC'D & SENTcolor> AND Angela(angela00)

Heather~color> Did Angela receive your box yet?

• dirtdiggin
    14 years ago

Nikki- Up at the very top of each screen it says, LOG OUT. All you need to do is click on log out and then log in under your ID. It will prompt you before posting if you don't log back in.

Oh Shannon I'm glad you enjoyed your box. How did the little rooted stevia cutting fair in the cup?

Toni

• divahethr
    14 years ago

It says that it was delivered on May 7. But I have not heard from her. I still have yet some other stuff to send but I wasn't going to send until I heard from her? Happy Mothers Day everyone! I told everyone at work Happy Mothers Day even the men rofl and one was like yes I'm sure I'm some kind of mother to some. budumpah! ok I tried lol for a early morning sunday joke hehehe.

• divahethr
    14 years ago

duh me Angela sent me an email last night saying that she received it. So Sorry!!

• Michelle Reynolds
    14 years ago

(from Timmy)
    hi
    I got another envie from my partner Kathy, it had 3 diffrent kinds of bulbs, and a big bag of timmy hay seeds. my mom says we will plant it at the farm, and cut it in the fall to make straw for the piggies. I found a frog at the farm last week and it is in our little pond. he seems to like it there.
    the mail came wile we were out side and so I went a head and planted my bulbs already. I also planted most of my seeds in my garden this week.

thanks a whole bunch
    timmy

• cjcjmass
    14 years ago

Happy mother's Day to all you wonderful mother's out there.
    Sassy_butterfly yes I would like to have lunch with you.
    Just let me know when and we will get together.

Cindy

• jaleeisa
    14 years ago

Timmy, I'm glad you got and liked the rest of your box :) Enjoy them and if you can, take some pictures to share with me after they start growing! I would enjoy seeing them :)

Kathy

• hazelnutbunny
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Just checking in on everyone! Hope everyone had a great weekend.

I think Kamil is the only one we've not heard from.
    We certainly need him to check in with us, and let us know how Joseph's box is coming along. :O)

The rest of you ladies....I know you're working hard on your boxes, and I have every confidence that your Newbies will be happy with them! LOL Just remember to let us all know when you send them, Ok? :O)

• kamiljablo
    14 years ago

Hey everyone! Joe's box is coming along nicely! I cant believe we are supposed to get a really bad frost tonight. I planted my tomatoes just yesterday! UGH!!!

Kamil

• hazelnutbunny
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Frosty tomatoes are no fun, Kamil! :P
    Thanks for checking in with us, BTW.

• nikkineel
    14 years ago

Hi all! Patti's box is on the way. I sent it UPS and at first, they said it would take 8 days to get there. Can you believe that.. 8 days? I explained that there were plants in there and they couldn't take a LONG trip. Well, I got lucky and the fellow switched some stuff around and before I knew it, he said the package would arrive by Friday or Saturday. How's that for service? I'll send you a tracking number via email Patti. I really appreciate your patience! Nik
    Oh and when you get it, let me know, so I can explain some things:)

• patti1957
    14 years ago

I will be watching for it... I am very excited!!!!!!!

Patti

• hazelnutbunny
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks for letting us know, Nikki!

How's everyone else doing? If we could, let's try to get the rest of the boxes out by the 20th.size> Does that sound good to ya'll? :O)

~Nikki(nikkineel)REC'D & SENTcolor> AND Patti(patti1957)

• lindaruzicka
    14 years ago

"drumroll".........Here is Michael's DC number 0308 3390 0000 9953 3182...I literally couldn't stuff another thing in it!....

• patti1957
    14 years ago

I got my box from Nik yesterday and what a box!!

3 Ginkgo plants in various stages: baby born fall of 08, one and a half year old and 2 and a half year old.
    Sedum: Autumn Joy
    Chocolate Mint
    Lambs Ear: Nik sent this in the 2 liter bottle that she had winter sown it in to show me how that is done.
    Canna: Phasion - has very pretty foliage.
    3 Daylily's: Siloam Little Girl - I looked it up on PlantFiles and they are going to be beautiful. She also let me know that the way that she had them packaged for shipping was the way that Bunny showed her so I am learning from the best.
    2 clumps Maki Dahlia - I looked these up and they are going to have huge blooms.

A very cute turtle
    Metal fish candle holder
    Magnetic note pad
    Woodpecker treat: Suet for wild bird feeding
    Pansy scented candle - smells so good
    2 sheets of labels
    A writing pen with a pretty pink daisy silk flower on the end
    8 peat pots

Seeds:
    Lemon Basil
    Dill
    Sweet Pea - 'America'
    Green Nicotina
    Flowering Tobacco
    Mexican Hat
    Rudbeckia - 'Cappuchino'
    Plum Granny - A very fragrant small melon, I think it is an old heirloom
    Keeper - Not sure what this is, it looks like a melon seed
    Lemon Balm
    Parsley
    Ginkgo - the seeds make it 4 stages of the Ginkgo.

I absolutely love everything that I got. I am so happy with this swap. Thank you Nik and Bunny I have had a great time.

Patti

• riverdank
    14 years ago

Waiting like a child at Christmas for my box.

• hazelnutbunny
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Great box, Nikki & Patti! :O)

Thanks for letting us know, Linda!

That just leaves Wendy & Kamil to send! Yay!

~Linda(lindaruzicka)REC'D & SENTcolor> AND Michael(riverdank)

• lindaruzicka
    14 years ago

okay, the confirmation says that Michael's package was delivered today.."applauding"

• riverdank
    14 years ago

I got my box from Linda today, and all I can say is WOW!
    She really put on a show with this box. Couldn't have asked for anything more. I will be a busy person getting this great stuff in the ground.

First of all the plants she sent:

Purple Coneflower
    Shasta Daisy
    Dianthus
    4-O'clocks
    Veronica
    Veriagated Hosta
    Butterfly bush
    Hens and Chicks
    Sedum
    Russian Stonecrop Sedum
    Lambs Ear
    Variegated Japanese silver grass

(BTW none of these were tiny little seedlings. They were nicely established and wrapped to a tee. You can tell Linda is very picky when it comes to packaging a plant)

Now to the seeds.(unreal)

Hummingbird vine
    Dark Purple morning glory
    safari marigolds
    Irish Eyes rudbeckia
    Purple Liatris
    Spilanthes Eyeball plant
    white cone flower
    orange milkweed
    Purple butterfly bush
    southern curled mustard greens
    2 types of beefsteak tomato
    sugar snap peas
    butterfly weed
    shirley poppy
    Giant Cactus Zinnias
    cap plant
    Dill
    large pink hibiscus
    purple lupine
    more Zinnia
    Gigantoum Poppy
    parsley
    mexican hat
    Old fashion Lilac
    Cilantro
    White Texas Star Hibiscus
    Dark Green Italian Parsley
    Celandine(poppy I believe)
    Sea Holly
    sugar ann snap peas
    4-O'clocks
    Peppermint stick Zinnias

(unbelevable variety. My grow lights are about to go back to work, Yes!)

And to top it off at the bottom was growing Instructions for each of my plants a super sweet Card, and these goodies:

Butterfly windchimes- Don't have any so these will hang from my gazebo out back!

Nice set of work gloves

A great design of a hand rake

and to top it off a very unique gnome!

Thank you so much for setting me up with Linda. She's been nothing but helpful, and great to chat with. I'm so glad to have met her!(and we haven't actually met,lol, but it seems like we have been buds for quite some time)

I feel like the swapping has just begun with us.

• hazelnutbunny
    Original Author
    14 years ago

WOW....good things are worth waiting for! :O)
    Great box, guys!!

Wendy & Kamil~ Just waiting on ya'll slowpokes now. LOL

• cjcjmass
    14 years ago

Hello everyone

Wendy would you like too have lunch on Friday I will be on your area?

• canyonwind
    14 years ago

More great boxes....these are wonderful!!

Annie

• lindaruzicka
    14 years ago

I'm happy you enjoyed your Michael, it was fun to do!

• cntrygrlathrt
    14 years ago

everyone has had such wonderful boxes!! This was a wonderful swap!

• hazelnutbunny
    Original Author
    14 years ago

KAMIL & WENDY~
    Today is the 20th. Will ya'll be able to send your boxes today? Please let us know! :O)

• kamiljablo
    14 years ago

I will mail on Weds.! I am waiting for an order to come in the mail, it will be shipped tommorow so I wont get it till Tues.

Sorry!

Kamil

• diene
    14 years ago

I cannot believe this is still going on. If anyone needs help getting a box out, contact me privately and I will see if I can help.
    diene

• cjcjmass
    14 years ago

Have anyone heard from Wendy? I hope she is ok i sent her a e-mail with no response.

Cindy

• hazelnutbunny
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks for letting us know, Kamil!

Cindy & Billie Jo~ If we don't hear from Wendy by Tuesday, I will have a box in the mail for ya'll on Wednesday.
    I hope she's just really busy, and hasn't been able to post lately. I know that's the case sometimes.

Diene~ Thank you for the offer, I appreciate it. If I need to send to Cindy & Billie Jo, I may ask for some assistance. But I really think Wendy will come through. :O)

• hazelnutbunny
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Okay, just so everyone knows:
    REGARDLESS of whether or not Wendy & Kamil get their boxes in the mail on Tuesday, I will be sending something to Cindy, Billie Jo & Joseph. I will have them mailed on Tuesday.

The reason I am doing this is that I believe they each have had to wait longer than necessary for their boxes.

I'm really sorry, guys.....and I hope this makes it up to you. :O)

• hazelnutbunny
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Boxes are ready to go in the A.M.
    Here are some DC's for everyone:

Joseph~ 0309 0330 0000 5379 3153
    Billie Jo~ 0309 0330 0000 5379 3160
    Cindy~ 0309 0330 0000 5379 3146

Guy & Gals~ it ain't much, but I hope ya'll can enjoy what I am able to send.
    Thanks for being so understanding!
    Have a great weekend, everyone! :O)

• hazelnutbunny
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I did hear from Wendy today- and she'll be sending out her boxes this week. She's been without internet, so she hasn't been able to post.

I'm still sending boxes out as well, so our newbies should be well taken care of! :O)

• jdkind
    14 years ago

that's very nice of u miss bunny !
    u shouldn't have but thank you!
    =)
    hope everyone had a wonderful holiday

• cntrygrlathrt
    14 years ago

thank you hazelnutbunny!!! you didn't have to but thank you.this was a wonderful swap. I hope this fall I will be able to have seeds to trade with other newbies to get someone else started in their gardening!!!

Billie

• cjcjmass
    14 years ago

Thank you so much bunny we really appreciate you.

Cindy

• canyonwind
    14 years ago

What a nice Bunny!!!!!!!!!!!

Annie

• hazelnutbunny
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Well, guys...Thanks for saying so...! *blush*
    But honestly, it really isn't much. Honest, it isn't. It's just one of those things I feel responsible for, being hostess and all. And it's just something I wanted to do, and I hope ya'll will be able to enjoy at least a bit.

I'm just thankful to all of ya'll for being patient with me, Wendy & Kamil. I know that I, for one, wasn't as on top of this swap as I should have been. I would blame it on distractions from my personal life or other swaps I'm in...but that wouldn't be fair, because that's simply one of the things you KNOW you'll encounter when you sign up to host (or participate!) in a swap, and you have to be prepared for it.
    Anyway.....I just want to tell everyone THANK YOU for participating in this swap- NEWBIES & OLDIES!
    I hope that every one has enjoyed this swap & hopefully made a few new friends. :O)

• cjcjmass
    14 years ago

Thank you so much ( diene & hazelnutbunny)
    I really love they assorted of Hosta, and iris in many many colors.

Thanks again
    Cindy

• cjcjmass
    14 years ago

Thank you so much ( diene & hazelnutbunny)
    I really love they assorted of Hosta, and iris in many many colors.

Thanks again
    Cindy

• jdkind
    14 years ago

I received a box from our host Melissa yesterday when I got home from work.
    It was full of an assortment of Iris and day lily with some gladiola bulbs
    seed starter dirt and seeds. Witch included on of my most sought after seed. Datura YAY

Thank You so much Melissa
    This was a wonderful swap I really learned a lot. I may not even be a newbee anymore.

Thanks Again
    Joseph

• hazelnutbunny
    Original Author
    14 years ago

You're welcome, guys. Hope you enjoy them!

On the iris- they should have the names of them written on the fan itself. I ran out of plant tags, so just used the plant. LOL

• jdkind
    14 years ago

I received my box from kamil yesterday!
    It was just loaded with plants yay!
    Venus fly trap
    Rosemary
    pineapple mint
    castor bean
    bleeding heart
    lemon balm
    autumn jey
    citronella sceilted
    chocklet mint
    bibbon grass
    lastor bean
    pinis peony
    everberring red razz berry
    white siberrian iris
    dresera capiases
    gladielas mixed
    Thank you very much Kamil!! this was a great! swap thank to everyone that made it possible.
    Joseph

• cntrygrlathrt
    14 years ago

Thank you so much bunny for the garden ornament, iris, daylily and other bulbs!!! It was really thoughtful of you to send packages to those who didn't receive one in return.

Billie

• hazelnutbunny
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thank you for letting us know, Joseph! Great assortment of plants!

Billie & Cindy~ Have ya'll heard anything from Wendy? I haven't heard from her in quite awhile. I know she's had internet problems and other issues going on...but I hope everything is OK. It's not like her to fall off the planet.....

• cntrygrlathrt
    14 years ago

No I haven't heard anything from her in several weeks. I hope she is ok.

• nikkineel
    14 years ago

I agree. Wendy is not one to just disappear with no reason. I really hope that she is ok. Nik