Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sassyd_gw

Graphics For All~~~Not just certain Groups

sassyd
16 years ago

I think we need a post where we can all share! Why not??

I don't want some friends feeling like they can't post because they're not a member of a certain group that we're in or people that don't know some of us feeling like they shouldn't because they don't know the member that posted.

I love seeing any and all blooms! So I'm going to re-post these. Remy thanks girl!

This is my latest daylily fix, (ya'll know I like orange!)

Citrix Stamille 06

Now some Iris my Mom has which naturally are not named, if any of you recognize them please let me know.

Now ya'll know I can't NOT post this little bloomer.....

Lol, I just love that one! That little....hum...I'll give you half a smile! She's really not grown as much as the pic looks, I was zoomed in really close. She at 9 lbs 14 oz. But MeMa's babysitting everyday, so MeMa's happy! lol

Comments (49)

• diene
    16 years ago

Hello Sassy;
    Thanks for the pictures and the sentiments, and she is adorable. Have a wonderful weekend. diene

• plantas
    16 years ago

Beautiful! Thank you for sharing

• raggedyann161420
    16 years ago

Sassy, your grandbaby is sooooooooo cute. I so want to be a grammy, I keep throwing hints, but Shelby and Deanna just don't pay attention.(sigh) My sister Bobbie goes my MeMaw 6, She has it on her license plates.

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• sassyd
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks girls...I want everyone to feel welcome to post pics of their gardens, and if you don't know how, just ask, we'll help you out. Annie, its better that Bananna Puddin'! lol Every single second I'm able to take care of her, I love her 100 times more! (Does that make sense) Shes 2 months, 1 week and 4 days old as of 5:44 pm this afternoon, lol, I just can't get over how much my love for her grows everyday, but I'm sure Maryanne and lots of these other gals can completely understand. Wishing you grands very soon!

• mamabirrd
    16 years ago

Hi Sassy!

Just wanted to say what a great idea you have here. Good thinkin'! I loved your pics, esp. that little bundle of joy. She is so cute and that pic is so funny...she looks to be full of personality!
    I can't ID any of your Iris, but that first one of your Mom's (purple) is so very pretty. Very interesting color!

I'm expecting my own "bundle of joy" any day now and will be sure to post a pic here for all to see. : )

Thanks Sassy!
    ~Dawn (mamabirrd)

• poisondartfrog
    16 years ago

Incredible photos! They are inspiring.
    Here are a couple of beauties that opened today:

The Iris is TB Spiced Tiger. I would love to see what everyone else is enjoying in their gardens this weekend!
    Alana

• sassyd
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks Dawn! Can't wait to see pics of your little bloomer! Good luck dear and wishing you the easiest delivery ever! Saw pics of your house when I was 'lurking', lol, wow girl I know you can't wait! I know how you feel, I begged DH please have my new house ready by the time the baby is born. We just did make it, we were actually moving in the week the baby was born.

Alana that Spiced Tiger is gorgeous! Calla's are always so pretty too. Thanks for sharing.

I just had to say my heart goes out to any and all affected by the tornado that hit Kansas, how devastating and so sad to see, much less have to live though. God Bless them in the future, I think they deserve it.

Sassy

• sassyd
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Here's some more blooms.....

Ruffled Apricot from SueK

Yesterday I received 2 fans each of "See his Glory" and "America's Most Wanted" as a bonus. I had purchased it last fall and actually had forgotten I hadn't received and planted it, so that was a nice surprise.

Like I said I just received the fans so these pics are from the seller....
    See his Glory

America's Most Wanted

Couldn't resist including these poppies....I think they're awesome.

Hope you enjoyed. I know some more of you have some pics, lets enjoy them:))

Going to move hosta's from their holding bed, so nice out here, cloudy but temps are wonderful. Have a good day everybody.

Sassy

• boballi
    16 years ago

I LOVE your daylilies and irises!

I got my first daylily yesterday from seashellspcola and can't wait to see it bloom.

Here are a couple of pictures I took about a week ago.

Orange Ice Mini Rose

Bolero Rose

Our 97 degree temps are stressing most of my plants right now, but I may have an African Iris blooming soon...we shall see.

Boballi : )

• brittneysgran
    16 years ago

Boballi-Love your Bolero Rose I must put that one on my want list.

Sassy-Beautiful daylilies you got. When you have enough of See His Glory I would love to trade for it.

Love all the pictures...keep them coming

Captivating

Congratulations

Cajun Love

Artistic Dream

Shirley

• earthlydelights
    16 years ago

alana, just love the calla. i've never grown them, but my mother does and they are just beautiful.

sassy, i'm LOVING that see his glory

boballi, great rose - bolaro might be an easy one to remember. just gorgeous. any fragrance to it?

shirley, don't even get me started on the iris. i just can't get enough. i'm just starting to get a few blooms and i others are getting ready.

maryanne

• sassyd
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Those mini roses are beautiful!

Shirley, I'll make sure you and Maryanne get one as soon as they multiply a little for me. You know I'm lovin' those pics of your iris. Always beautiful! I just love it when I see someone has posted new pics to look at!

So here's my few blooms for today, have plenty more about to open but not quite ready.
    Noble Warrior- I really wasn't pleased with the first bloom, this one is much better, but I'm still hoping for even better on the next one.

Second bloom on Ruffled Apricot

David Kirshoff 1st bloom

This is an un-named one

Thats it for today.
    Sassy

• sassyd
    Original Author
    16 years ago

The 3rd pic is NOT David Kirshoff, its.....
    Siloam Royal Prince

Sassy

• poisondartfrog
    16 years ago

Those are great Iris photos. Cajun Love is just beautiful!
    I like that Noble Warrior daylily. Great red color!
    These are prettiest in my garden today: A lost tag peach (hope to find it!) Anaconda Love and Bride's Halo.

• boballi
    16 years ago

*earthlydelights*
    Bolero is indeed fragrant...to me it smells like lemon.

I just love everyones irises. They bring back wonderful childhood memories. If anyone is planning on getting rid of any PLMK.

Here is a picture of my very FIRST sweet pea ever!
    Streamers Mixed

• boballi
    16 years ago

From whom do you order your daylilies? They are sooooo beautiful; I would like to grow them, too.

• boballi
    16 years ago

Here is a picture I just took. I think it is an African Iris.

• Melinda Hagen
    16 years ago

Just gorgeous pics ladies!! Really love to see them! And the anaconda love and cajun love iris are to die for! Just gorgeous! But so are the noble warrior and see his glory daylilies!! And the orange ice mini rose! Love them all! Keep them coming! Gives me new ideas for my long list.

• poisondartfrog
    16 years ago

I don't grow many daylilies but all of these great photos are about to cause me to have to dig a new bed!
    I don't have Iris today, these are my picks this morning: Abutilon, Bella Salmon, Papaver Orientalis, Queen Alexander and a clematis I started from one my mother had a few years back. Mom does not have my compulsion for knowing exactly what is what, so she did not keep the tag. Can anyone identify it for me? Some of the blossoms are much more double than these. Could it be Belle of Woking?

a href="http://photobucket.com"; target="_blank">

• sassyd
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Love all the pics! I'll take one of each, thank you! lol

I have bought some of my dl's from certain sellers off Ebay and also the Lily Auction, traded for some, and some were gifts. I live close to Marietta Gardens, so I plan to make a trip there shortly.

Here's one I forgot to post....'Witches Brew' from SueK from the Halloween Swap last year. Loving it Sue! Actually this is the 2nd bloom, the 1st looked alot more orangy...funny how certain blooms look different, but love them all. I know the 1st blooms of Noble Warrior was horrible! But every one since has been pretty, better every time...

Hope you all have a great weekend!

• dancingmoons
    16 years ago

Everything in my garden seems to be growing alittle slower this year!..Some of these flowers i do not know the botanical name for, as they have been here forever, like the White Rhodedendrum, it blooms twice a year for me, spring and again in the fall. The blue cornflower, i know some people dont care for, but i love the color!

Wisteria

Blue Columbine : dont know the name!

Dont have a clue what this yellow one is LOL!!

Dont know what this one is either, have it potted in a window box, I bought it at the local grocery store!!
    ~~Any help with identifying these flowers would be great!
    Blue Skies!!
    Trish/Dancingmoons

• mmqchdygg
    16 years ago

Trish- Your cornflower is Centaurea Montana aka: Mountain Bluet. I have a patch of that, too, and I really love it! The hornets & wasps do, too, but they don't bother me if I don't bother them.
    I tried giving it a haircut last year after the first flush of blooms went by, but it never put out a second round. Guess I'll just leave it alone this year.

• poisondartfrog
    16 years ago

Love the photos! The yellow plant looks to be a Euphorbia (Leafy Spurge); the blue could be a cineraria or maybe a heteropappus. It is hard to tell about the leaf characteristics from the photgraph. If you could take a photo of a leaf...

• remy_gw
    16 years ago

Hi Trish,
    Great to see you posting : )
    The blue columbine is gorgeous.
    The last flower is Osteospermum. The purple ones are on sale at a lot of places here this year, must be there too.

Sassy,
    What are the flowers in the last pic of your May 14th post? Both are very interesting but I don't recognize them.

Poisondartfrog,
    Great photos. I especially love the iris.
    Remy
    Remy

• galium
    16 years ago

Here are a few photo's from my gardens.

Lantana

Rosa Rugosa 'Hansa'

Impatiens 'Violet'

'Superbells Cherry Red'

• earthlydelights
    16 years ago

great pix everyone...loving them all

unknown clematis - i think i planted this a few years ago, nothing happened. put two others in the same place and they bloomed last year and this year - all of a sudden this guy is popping up

as if the rabbits making their dens all over the place is bad enough, the mother robin made her nest on a large wreath that hangs on my porch. three babies were just born
    this is as close as i can get without upsetting the mom too much

one of three variegated iris i planted two+ years ago. one is finally blooming. (remy, is this the same thing you call zebra iris?)

RHODY full bloom

MAY NIGHT SAGE/SALVIA

did ya really think i wouldn't post one of my most FAVORITE BLOOMS?

MY MOTHER'S IRIS - we don't know the name, so we are calling it GRANNY'S GARNET

maryanne

• remy_gw
    16 years ago

Galium,
    I really love the lantana. I planted some seed, but they didn't sprout.

Maryanne,
    The variety I have is actually called 'Zebra'. It has more of a butter color than yours. I've seen your variety with the whiter stripes for sale also. They are very very similar.
    That is cool how the clematis appeared.
    Remy

• faintheart
    16 years ago

Beautiful beautiful blooms everyone!!! Those little baby doll blooms are sooooooo adorable! Someday I hope to have those too. :) I will post some of the things that are currently blooming here as clickable thumbnails to save some loading time for those on slower connections.

Columbine 'songbird cardinal'

Unknown Iris

Papaver Orientalis 'Picotee'

Dianthus...can't recall the name now

Columbine 'barlow mix' I think

{{gwi:1270018}}

another Columbine

{{gwi:1270019}}

Centaurea

{{gwi:1270020}}

Bleeding Heart alba

Pansy

Allium (closeup)

• sassyd
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Everyone's pics are just beautiful! Love them all!

Remy I'm not sure what the little purple flowers are, Mom got ahold of my seed box last fall, but she forgets to mark things. Maybe someone else knows? The one in the front is Red Hot Poker, just hadn't changed colors yet.

Mariann love those superbells, they're called million bells here, have to have those every year and they come in so many beautiful colors.

Maryanne that clematis is the bomb, and the babies in the nest are awesome! I'll take those last 2 blooms please! I need a little helper to help me take care of my little Kenzie.

Dee love them all esp. the columbines. Maybe some of you girls can see that I get some seed. Between my Mom and my Aunt, I no longer have a seed box, lol.

Here's a few I've had blooming like crazy this week.

Noble Warrior - Blooms have been much better after since the 1st one....

Warmest Regards

Golden Scroll

Glory In Ruffles

Breed Apart

Eskimo Kisses

Can't wait for the next couple of days, looks like I'll have more.....

Sassy

• poisondartfrog
    16 years ago

Sassy-Your gorgeous daylily photos are wearing away at my resistance to daylily mania! I love all the photos. Maryanne, that variegated iris is stunning.
    Here are some of my first of their kind blooms this spring. It seems like most of these firsts are a couple of weeks behind, but I am happy to see them any time.

First white water lily this year:
    {{gwi:37718}}
    First shrub roses, English Shrub Rose Golden Zest and an old moss rose I just call "cemetery rose" because that is where I took the cutting.

Hibiscus radiatus, October Rose...I must have started these in the greenhouse too early. I thought they bloomed in fall.

And a couple of colors of Tradescantia. I probably have 30-40 of these ranging in color from pure white to pale blue to dark blue and a range of colors in between. These are not their first blooms, but they keep on comin'.

• sassyd
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Lol, I know what you mean girl, but you have beautiful blooms too! Love them all! Can't figure out what I like best.

Here's a few from today........Only got one new daylily shot, don't get me wrong, I had my best bloom day, seems as though almost everything was covered, and wouldn't you know it, lost my pics somehow and didn't realize it till after dark, but these few I had taken and downloaded earlier.

I couldn't resist showing ya'll how huge my Brooklyn Twist is.........

These 2 I put up yesterday afternoon outside of my window here in my computer room and was wondering when my little flying buddies would find them, lol, well this was taken this morning.

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend! Prayers for all our men and women fighting for us!

Sassy

• dancingmoons
    16 years ago

~~ Sassy! love your hummingbird photo! How lucky you were to get that shot!
    here are a few more photos
    I just bought these forget me nots this year, i know they are supposed to be blue right? but maybe they dyed them, cause these are pink/white/blue mix..

Geranium and blue columbine, with a coreopsis yet to bloom....dont know the botanical names

Bridal wreath, money plant, ditch lillies, not open yet, some red impatiens and marigolds, and there is a sedum there also.

Some annuals to go into the ground later today, love the yellow snapdragons!!

Blue skies to all!! Trish/Dancingmoons
  • poisondartfrog
    16 years ago

I think the mixed forget-me-nots are charming!
    I love the bird photos, too.
    This is my last bearded iris of the season until the rebloomers kick in. King Tush-
    {{gwi:1270169}}
    One of my favorite plants and the plant I seem to have the hardest time growing, Eremerus or Foxtail Lily. If any of you have any secret to success with this plant, I would love to know how you do it!

This is my first year growing Clitoria ternatea-

• vela75
    16 years ago

Mommy and Daddy Cardinal have been taking very good care of their babies.

• galium
    16 years ago

I love everyone's pictures...Thought I'd post a few garden visitor pics.
    Appalachian Tiger Swallowtail

Toad

Garter Snake

• galium
    16 years ago

I planted these reblooming irises last fall.

'Disco Music'

'Fiction

• mmqchdygg
    16 years ago

"Garter Snake" my @$$! That's a friggin Python if I ever saw one! What do they feed them in NJ to get them that big, Galium??!!!

Will post pix asap, as the gardens are finally taking shape, and the DH made me a prize this weekend.

• galium
    16 years ago

It does look big doesn't it. What can I say I just got up close and personal.LOL

• karenh71867
    16 years ago

Hi! I thought I would try and post some pics that I've taken in the last week. Excuse my camera, lol, I need a new one that does well with close ups!! Everyones flowers are beautiful!!

• MimiB1
    16 years ago

I LOVE all of the pics. You guys have some absolutely gorgeous flowers. I want to try and show you a few of mine but I am not very good at this. Let's see how I can do.

My Coreopsis has gone nuts!!!

This Hydrangea was red when I bought it 3 years ago. Now it comes out lavender and turns blue!

This is my "Garden of Chairs" with it's resident elf!

I love this old "Seven Sisters" Rose.

This is my "Red, Orange, and Yellow" Lantana.

• MimiB1
    16 years ago

I love my day lilies but have no clue as to their name!

My Cannas have been very pretty this year.

I think that Mimosa Blooms are the most delicate blooms I know.

All of the pics were taken on my "yard walk" yesterday morning. I do have a couple of relatively small problems.

His family as well as several deer often beat me to the beauty of my gardens!!! (And I live in the middle of town!!!)

• mmqchdygg
    16 years ago

Here's a few shots I took this morning. Don't get your hopes up; nothing's really getting started much yet:

Golden Rose of China- bought these as literal 'sticks' on eBay 3 years ago, and this is their first year blooming...what a 1st year show! They are about 3'h x 2':

This is the row of them. Planted to hide the roof of the building in front of us (our house is to the right up the hill.) Some of the bushes had to be replaced after getting mowed down, so they are only 2nd year 'sticks.'

A little container of Persian Shield that I decided to try this year. Don't mind the duct tape over the hole in the planter...

Iberis- Perennial Candytuft. This is it's um...4th season, I think. Bought as a little pint-container plant. DS picked this one out. It's about 2' x 8" high.

The hosta bed...looking a little better with a few new additions this year.

New additions for the hosta bed later today:
    Heuchera Marmalade and H. Fragrant Bouquet

I think I might actually get poppies!!!! Finally got this bed all weeded, and there's really poppies in there! How exciting! (Raised bed because the leach field is under this area)

Thai Silk Poppies in two of these barrels. Positioned in the traditional 'guarding the driveway' spots:

Wintersown Cosmos, snapdragons & Zinnias with a couple purchased violas

And the smaller bed that abutts it (new daylily bed down on the front):

A slow-getting-started Pork-Chop Bed:

And a small bed that surrounds the inlet to the culvert under the driveway. Transplanted paperwhites that I found behind my mother's barn...first year to bloom, and a couple of cranesbills, iris, and looks like too much grass....

• mmqchdygg
    16 years ago

I forgot! I have Lupines this year! I wasn't sure I'd like them, but I think I DO!!! Started from seed in 2005. First year blooming.

• vela75
    16 years ago

Ok mmqchdygg, I am impressed! Love all the gardens, they're huge! Would love to see a picture way back that shows all of it in one picture...would love to see how it all ties together!

I am really enjoying everyone's pictures!

• chrystallake_2007
    16 years ago

To everyone has posted. Your pictures are amazing. And I am enjoying this thread very much. I am sitting here with my coffee and walking through all of your gardens..it's pouring rain in mine. LOL. I especially like the photo's of the flowers showing the rain and dew drops. Just amazing. This thread is so relaxing just to slowly go through. Beautiful. Here is a pic of my 2 fountains the black one is now in my hummer and bird garden and the other I just installed yesterday it was a great yard salle find, this one sits next to my front porch and garden. The 1st photo shows garden when it was started in the spring. Look how every thing has matured in a couple of months.Thanks all for sharing

{{gwi:1270227}}

{{gwi:1270228}}

• galium
    16 years ago

I love looking at everyone's pictures. It's like turning the pages of a gardening magazine.

Daylily 'Spacecoast Snow Angel'

Iris 'Summer Olympics'

Iris 'Caribbean Dream'

• poisondartfrog
    16 years ago

Snow Angel is wonderful! Up to this point I have been able to count the daylily varieties in my garden on one hand, but after all of the great daylily photos, I have added a small bed for just daylilies. I am going to try a few not so pricey varieties, no big ticket beauties for me at this point.

This is asiatic "Tango" lily, Dot Com.

Some Caladium varieties I am going to use for centerpieces at my daughters wedding:

A few of my containers this year. I must have been thinking about blue or purple when I ordered seeds.
    a href="http://photobucket.com"; target="_blank">

{{gwi:1270235}}

• dancingmoons
    16 years ago

~~Hello to all!!...What beautiful pictures everyone is sharing!! And i know they will only get better as the season gets longer!!..I love them all :)
    I wont name the flowers as most of them are pretty common and easily identified!...The yellow roses we call "Poppa's Rose" after my dad, and must be over 30 years old!..The red rose my DH bought me a few years ago, so i would always have roses from him for my birthday...( awwww...)

• chrystallake_2007
    16 years ago

Just thought some may enjoy this pic.

{{gwi:1270245}}