Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
raggedyann161420

interest in 2nd annual named bearded iris swap

raggedyann161420
15 years ago

I'm just getting a feel for who all would be interested in the 2nd ANNUAL NAMED BEARDED IRIS SWAP. I know it is too early now as they are in bloom. I just want to get a feel for anyone who would be interested and when they think would be a good time.

Last year I posted kinda late and I think everyone traded their iris that were available. So think about it, and please let me know.

I DO LOVE IRISES!

LIFE IS GOOD,

Annie

Comments (16)

• sassyd
    15 years ago

I would definitely join Annie. I'm beginning to love them as much or more than my daylilies.

Sassy

• dirtdiva
    15 years ago

Me too. I would love to join again.

• brittneysgran
    15 years ago

Annie yeah I want to join again also, you can never have too many irises. By the way did you ever get my reply back to your last e-mail? I haven't heard back from you so thought maybe you didn't get mine. I definetely want the hosta and any of the irises that were mentioned.

Shirley

• raggedyann161420
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks ladies, now what time frame do you guys think will be best. I know mine are just beginning to really put on a show.

Shirley, I just sent you another e-mail. Sorry I thought I sent one through here, maybe not. My iris are just beginning to put on a show so it will be another week if that is ok with you before I send.

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• poisondartfrog
    15 years ago

I would love to participate again! Anytime July through August works to divide them around here.
    Alana

• raggedyann161420
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Bumping this up.

• earthlydelights
    15 years ago

annie, i am interested in this swap.

maryanne

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

I am definitely interested....love those beautiful iris! HOWEVER....LOL....I don't think I have enough iris varieties to make a fair swap. It's only my first season of having them, so my list is very sparse. :O(
    Maybe next year, though!
    I hope, I hope, I hope!! :O)

Melissa

• raggedyann161420
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Sassy,dirtdivarocks,Shirley,Alana,and Maryanne, thank you for your interest.

Melissa, when we do this swap, you only have to send three named iris. Of course you can send more, but you don't have to. Think about it.

HOw does the Mail date of the the end of July sound for everyone?

LMK, and I'm hoping more will join.
    LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• mareas
    15 years ago

Annie, please count me in again this year!
    End of July mailing sounds perfect.
    Marea

• dirtdiva
    15 years ago

I agree, end of July is a good time. Thanks for having the swap, Raggedyann.

• mellen
    15 years ago

Annie, I would like to be in your bearded iris swap. I don't have lots and lots of them, but the ones that I do have are named. Is that okay? If so, July is fine.
    Mary Ellen

• raggedyann161420
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Welcome Marea,

MaryEllen, three named iris is all that is required, so please join us.

Time for Bed,

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• prairieskygarden
    15 years ago

I have 3 named Iris I'd love to trade! Is it too late to join? I have Glazed Gold, a brillant yellow tall Iris, Sultan's Place, a deep maroon Iris, and Hi-Ho Silver, a pure white rebloomer. The sultan & Hi-Ho are medium tall Iris.

I'm having trouble with changing my preferences and will possibly have to unsubscribe, then rejoin under another name. But meanwhile, I'd love to trade. My email is prairieskygarden@aol.com

Here is a link that might be useful: My prairie garden in Northeast Kansas

• zztopsoil
    15 years ago

I Would Participate Annie.
    Just Post the Final Information Here and...Send Me an E-Mail through GardenWeb When Everyone Decides the Date of Sending...and to Who.

Lelan.
    ZZ.

• raggedyann161420
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Tonight I'm going to post a "sign up" for the 2nd Annual Bearded Iris Swap, so ladies please sign up there. Cut off will be midnight June 30th and I will post partners July 2nd or 3rd.

zztopsoil, I sent you an e-mail though here, but I don't know if you got it.

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie
    Annie