Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pixiesluvplants

update: mnf garden fae and friends

pixiesluvplants
15 years ago

WELCOME FAE AND FRIENDS, OLD AND NEW!!!!!

This swap is to welcome the Fae into our gardens. HOW you ask???? Very easily..... by providing them with the things that they like.

Lets see how many Fae People we have hiding in the forests and woods of GW!!!

I will be posting partners on the 10th of May and the ship date is no later than the 26th. Please try to ship your partners box during the week instead of close to the weekend to save any plants from the Weekend Post Office Hotel:)

Please send your partner at least 5 Fae loving plants.

Seeds do not count as plants but can be sent as extras.

Anything else that you send is extra, I just don't want it to get expensive. Just remember its all about making Fairies and their friends welcome in our gardens and lives.

So, here are the RULE RULES........

1. As per GW rules, you must be at least 18 years old to participate in this swap.

2. Signups go until the 10th, Packages must be sent by the

26th of May.

3. Keep it small and inexpensive!

4. Have fun!

If you are someone who likes to peak in and read, please post a HELLO! We love meeting NEW FRIENDS! Come on in and visit with us awhile!

PARTNERS..........

>Pixiesluvplants and Diene

> >Dan the mail man and Sassybutterfly

> >Kalena67 and Amybabyboy3

> >Nikkineel and Scouttiegirl

> >Medontdo and LLbean

> >Dirt_under_my_nails and Emsgarden

> >Flwrs4ever and Veeja

> >Lindaruzicka and Allisonlwise

Thanks goes to that special person that spent alot of time pairing up partners. Please get in touch with your partner for any information that you might need or want to put together a Fairy box.

Most of all have fun and enjoy the month of May and all the lil sprites that come your way!!!

Comments (150)

• medontdo
    15 years ago

ya they say don't mail after wed. or it'll get stuck in the po. ohhhhhhh nooooooo no mail monday!!! ohhh man i hate holidays!!! LOL only for the no mail purposes!!!! LOL i found some cool sites for making ruffled skirts, and those blue jean ruffled and non ruffled skirts!! so this will be so cool!! talla absolutely loves the ruffled skirts cuz she can twirl and twirl like ya won't believe!! and for ya mom's who absolutely cannot follow directions (uhhh like me) LOL these are very very easy!! LOL that's what i love about them!!!! LOL
    Hugs Medo

• dan_the_mailman
    15 years ago

so, what's so wrong with no mail delivery on Monday??? huh??? I'll have you know I've got a nice, 5-day weekend ahead of me because of that, and I am going to enjoy it! LOL!!!
    and, just to let you all in on a secret, although there's no mail delivery, the mail is still moving through the system. so, feel free to mail stuff on fridays and saturdays, it'll still be moving on sundays and holiday mondays.
    sometimes I just don't know about you kids!!! keep it up, and I'm gonna turn this bus around and take you back home!!!
    (giving myself a case of the giggles)

tomorrow my father is bringing the tiller into town so I can use it on sunday, then I'm gonna start planting! I figure the more vegetables I grow, the more money I'll save.

I got a bonus out in my perennial garden this spring. last fall I threw out a bowl of dark sweet cherries which I'd forgotten in the fridge. well, this spring, a little over a dozen sprouted, and some of them are now over a foot tall! guess where I'm going to throw some seeds for honeycrisp apples this fall! oh yeah, that's right! right off the front porch and into the perennials!

EVERYONE HAVE A SAFE, HAPPY WEEKEND!!!

Wendy, I'm sending your box out either Tuesday or Wednesday, will let you know with a delivery confirmation number when I do...

and away I go to the garden.......
    -Dan

• medontdo
    15 years ago

OOOOHHHHHH no please don't take us home!! we'll be good!! we promise!! really!! i promise to be quiet i really do promise!! really i do!! yep that's what i said , then it was a whisper, then it was a slightly louder whisper, then giggling, then laughing. LOL Hee Hee Hee **big grinn**

but no mail!??!!??!??!?***??!!@@%$#@#%^&() hmmm LOL
    ok make that tuesday mine will go out!! LOL i found a new site i've been around,. pretty cool!! welltellme.com
    Hugs Medo

• medontdo
    15 years ago

geez 3 days and still no one, am i the only one to say anything?? i know ya all have lives but humor me, say hi!! LOL ok, this is what has happened, we have planted in talla's fairy garden close to the house. we planted some dahlia's, stock's, nicotinia;s, lavendar, poppy's, solomons seal (false), planitagnia hosta, some kinds of daylily i think, some other stuff. i can't remember them all, i'll have to get a list of them all and some snaps. LOL ohhh ya and some impatiants. hope ya'll have a great memorial day hugs Medo

• Frances Coffill
    15 years ago

Happy Memorial Day Ladies!

I have really missed you all this month, but I am at the end of my swapping days till the fall now! With temperatures in the high 80's almost everyday, the poor little plants deserve better treatment!

Michele , what a beautiful little angel! Best wishes to the family!

Fishymama, very scarey news for you indeed. Take care and listen to your Doctor! My sister is a two cancer survivor (cervical at 18 and breast at 35) Keep yourself well, its your best defense!

Be happy and well everyone! I hope you all enjoy a wonderful day with your families and friends

Frances

• diene
    15 years ago

Hello Medo;
    I sent your spirea on Thursday, I thought it would get to you before the weekend. Not sure how it will look tomorrow, let me know. I have more if that one does not make it. It actually is three little ones so if they survive you can plant them in different places, they grow quickly.
    diene

• medontdo
    15 years ago

thank you Diene!! :'))i'm sure they will be just fine, but i will let ya know :'))
    i have decided after i get this one, and the christmas in june done, which i thought wouldn't be sent out till june, My bad, but it took me off guard, LOL i'm gonna drop out but visit occasionally,, till i get some things here at the house taken care of, i have a serious clutter problem, errrr!! LOL and we are gonna go thru LOTS of things YET AGAIN!! and get rid of things again, and hopefully this time get talla's and tabors rooms set up, then once i get the rooms, done and the door and the bathroom shower in i will be back in, that's my goal. LOL i'm gonna put my gh up in sept, but i'll go ahead and show pics of my work on the gardens and stuff, LOL talla's one close to the house is ALMOST finished! LOL many hugs Medo

• dan_the_mailman
    15 years ago

Hello Ladies! Hope you all had a great weekend! Mine started Friday night, and is going to continue on until Thursday morning, not that I'm bragging!!! hehehe It is sooooo nice to work for the gubmint!!!

Is there going to be another swap next month? And, if so, what's the theme, and who's hosting it?

Wendy, your box is going to go out tomorrow. I'll put up the dc# tomorrow night.

Hope everyone is doing well!!!

-Dan

• allisonlwise
    15 years ago

So ... I've had an experienced GWer offer to advice me in hosting next month's swap. Does anyone have any ideas for a theme?

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

how about a butterfly/hummingbird theme swap?..."whistling and looking up at the ceiling"....

• allisonlwise
    15 years ago

Hm ... might someone be trying to fill their butterfly garden?!? Tee-hee.

I think butterflies and hummingbirds is a great idea :)

Allison

• jaleeisa
    15 years ago

Hi everyone! Well, we had a gorgeous evening for the wedding! There are some pictures up on the "Wedding Shower for Kathy" thread. Thank you all so much for the good wishes and prayers for a beautiful day!

Next swap... butterfly/hummer theme sounds great! I still need hummer flowers!

Mrs. Kathy Walker!YAY!

• allisonlwise
    15 years ago

Your wedding was beautiful, Kathy!

Butterfly/hummingsbirds it is, unless anyone objects :)

Allison

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

why Allison, whatever do you mean?..."blink, blink, blink"..."G"

• allisonlwise
    15 years ago

Tee-hee, Linda. I bet you have NO idea whatsoever what I could be referencing :)

As long as I'm outta work by 4 today, you're box will go out in the mail and I'll post your DC# tonight.

Allison

• medontdo
    15 years ago

thank you Diene!! :'))i'm sure they will be just fine, but i will let ya know :'))
    i have decided after i get this one, and the christmas in june done, which i thought wouldn't be sent out till june, My bad, but it took me off guard, LOL i'm gonna drop out but visit occasionally,, till i get some things here at the house taken care of, i have a serious clutter problem, errrr!! LOL and we are gonna go thru LOTS of things YET AGAIN!! and get rid of things again, and hopefully this time get talla's and tabors rooms set up, then once i get the rooms, done and the door and the bathroom shower in i will be back in, that's my goal. LOL i'm gonna put my gh up in sept, but i'll go ahead and show pics of my work on the gardens and stuff, LOL talla's one close to the house is ALMOST finished! LOL many hugs Medo

• medontdo
    15 years ago

WOW how did that happen?? it posted twice and i pushed only once!! LOL hmmmm maybe the fairies are busy!! LOL now an update!! junebugs are grandpa fairies. those HUGE mosquito's are fairies that watch over you to make sure your being good. that's what i've told talla and now she's not terrefied of them anymore. LOL and hubs said i can get into the next swap, then we'll start the major going thru stuff. WHEW!!!! cuz i REALLY wanted in on that one!!! LOL and OHHHH yes i want to fill that 36x12 bed LOL and a 3x8 cattle pannel in the middle as a "hoop" LOL we've just begun on that bed. so no things in there yet. LOL its the one i've been talking about forever. LOL i got to spend time w my bro and and them yesterday and hold Lucy for like ever!!! LOL awwww it was sooo cool!!! LOL she has changed sooo much!! and of course we just talked so much!! helped me thru lots of things!! LOL she has been there, she has/had depression. really bad forever. but now that she has Lucy she has to becareful. been there! LOL now she's reminding me of the things i told her. LOL ahhhhh new mommiehood. its so funny!! i remember when we lived together on mcallister. we were always happy and we were always there for each other. that was nice.
    talla is so happy that her one bed is done. now we are gonna be working on the other bed, and we are looking to see if the plants are getting big enough to send to my partner. :')) she said it was ok, LOL i'm glad, cuz i wanted to send the ones we grew!! LOL we worked hard on them, well with the watering them and such, LOL the kids did i should say,., LOL they are learning so much!! i am so proud of them!! LOL many huge hugs Medo

• dan_the_mailman
    15 years ago

Butterflies and hummingbirds sound great to me! And, I've got a couple of ideas already for our July swap! LOL! I went shopping early this afternoon and found a few things for my partner in the June swap. And now, I'm heading outside to get the plants for my box for this one so I can take it to the post office and send Wendy her box of fairy garden things!

Oh, almost forgot to mention that, while I was out shopping I found a clay castle tower for my gnomes to live in, but I don't know whether to put by their stump castle, or make it an outpost for them somewhere else in the garden! Decisions, decisions, decisions!!!

Hey Linda, how are your nails coming along? Still filing them? LOL!!!

• pixiesluvplants
    Original Author
    15 years ago

lol Dan your post makes me think of a "knot stump" thing that we have by our new pool. It seems that even though I know that thing is there I hit it with my right foot! I finally drove a 4' pipe in the ground to remind me that it was there and it worked now I just kick the one next to it! I am going to make that area (well until a deck gets built) into a gnome village! They are the perfect king of knots coming off of roots too close to the surface, big enough for a gnome to live in and small enough for me to trip over because I don't watch where I walk.

Allison, thank you for volunteering to host for June. Butterflies and hummingbirds sounds like a great theme! You will do just fine and you have several people that will help ya if ya need it.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Pixie

• nikkineel
    15 years ago

Hey all, I hope everyone had a great long weekend and remembered our soldiers. We got lots of gardening done and two swimming parties as well. Now it is back to the grind with our last week of school. I teach 5th graders.
    Heather's box went out today. I emailed her the tracking number. Yooohooo!
    Ya'll have a great week! Nikki

• dan_the_mailman
    15 years ago

You've all gone back to work already? LOL!!! I've still got another day off!!! It is sooooooo nice to work for the government!!! Most definitely!!! (so, is that enough rubbing it in? or should I do more???)

Hey there Wendy-Lu!!! I've got a dc# for you! It's 0307 0020 0005 4403 5159

Hope everyone is having a great evening!!!

-Daniel-San

• medontdo
    15 years ago

ya i do the same, now i put bamboo sticks with everything that i plant, so tabor does not mow them down, and i put tires around the raspberries so he don't mow over them. LOL i eventually want to eat raspberries!!! LOL i would tomatoe's to if i could. hee hee hee!! LOL Hugs Medo

• veeja11
    15 years ago

Flwrs I will mail on thursday, I too waited because of the darn vacationing mailman. and can't seem to hold on to your addy, can I get it again. sorry. hugs carol

• emsgarden
    15 years ago

After a week of sanding, kilzing, painting, cutting wood, staining, etc - we are almost finished with the hall, dining room and kitchen. I have to put one more coat of paint on two shelfs and a door, and all the cabinets will be back in place tomorrow. The new light fixture for the hallway goes up tomorrow as well. Next comes the whole "let's rearrange the rooms and furniture and accessories" routine LOL I told hubby tonight - lets make the living room a formal dining room, we never use the living room except as a pass-thru room to the den and the dining room. He had to remind me that he suggested that when we first moved in. Oh well - it wasn't time to do that then. LOL So either tomorrow or Thursday we are going to move my dining room table and chairs and the largest of my china cabinets into the living room, move the chair outta there into my spare bedroom, after we move the futon out to the patio, after we move the swing from under the patio to the yard - dang I'm tired already! LOL Hit a great sale at Kirklands Memorial Day, and got to use two of the wonderful coupons they emailed me. Found a great LARGE painting orig. $130 for $35! and it matches the new colors and will help fill out my large empty walls (Tracy - I'm learning LOL) Also picked up some scounces and pics for the new bathroom, and some smell good sachets for my closet - man I love those things! Have been getting in some gardening time too. Deadheaded the butterfly garden, Gave everything a lil treat of miracle grow, rearranged things I want to put in the one day shade garden, and started weeding the largest front yard bed. Its about 25 x 4 and I only got about half of it done today, but its a start. Hopefully, the house and yards will be in great shape by father's day and our first BIG family function since we bought the house in November. So this tells ya'll where I've been lately - just a mite bit busy LOL

April DC #0307 3330 0001 0108 7534 - going to post office in the morning - I hope you enjoy it and I'm sorry its late but I wanted to wait on something and then being busy with the house and the long weekend I am just getting to it. I'm sorry!! :(

Michele - you are so creative with what you tell Talla - its adorable. I bet she will be looking for them and wanting to hold them now instead of being afraid. I'm glad you were able to spend time with that precious new baby - I know you were excited!! You have to show us pics of Talla's new garden! Great score on the clothes - freecycle rocks!

Dan - you are a stinker!!!! LOL i would really be upset IF I worked LOL

Pixie - thats a great idea for your gnomes. Hopefully it will help you to stop stubbing your poor little toes. How's the pool coming - have you gotten in yet?

Time for some sleep - cya'll soon!
    Hugs!! Em

• pixiesluvplants
    Original Author
    15 years ago

WHOOOHOOO Almost JUNE!!!!

Diene your box may come in parts, I really want to get these goodies to you and it seems like I won't ever get the things I am waiting on so Imma going to go ahead and send what I have and then send the others when they get here. I will post the DC tomorrow when it goes.

Allison, sorry I answered to late but your awesome girlie!

Smiles,
    Pixie

• Frances Coffill
    15 years ago

Hi Trina
    Did you ever get your tomato seeds? I forgot all about it till just now! My romas (8 plants) are all close to the foot high mark now, I can almost taste them! Yum Yum

Have a great day everyone! Its raining here and as much as I would rather be outside, I will not complain about rain!

Frances

• medontdo
    15 years ago

oh yes em!! she sings to them, and she reads to them, and she holds them, LOL but now she's nt afraid of them anymore! but i told her that only the bugs that i tell her about are fairy bugs, so don't pick up any other bugs, and if she's unsure, she should ask first. LOL but i thought it was so much better than the high pitch screams!!! LOL hugs!! Medo

• allisonlwise
    15 years ago

Thanks, Trina! It was still helpful :)

Linda's package went out in the mail, and I emailed her the DC#.

Allison

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

Allison, I still have yours to mail yet..I'm waiting for something to dry...as soon as it does, out it will go!

• pixiesluvplants
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Frances, YES THANK YOU SOO MUCH for the seeds. I really thought I had emailed you but the past couple of weeks I have been paying Hades with some undertheweather crap. I planted them and they are about 3" tall at the most right now, can't wait to be able to smell them like you are!!! I am very excited about being able to make some T. Paste !!!!

• tracyvine
    15 years ago

Em, woo hoo girl! YOU have been BUSY! lol! Way to go on all the home improvements! I am very impressed! I bet it is looking stunning! I can't wait to see some pictures! That is an awesome deal that you got on the painting. I bet it will look amazing over the couch.

Frances, you are making me drool over your maters again. You need to stop that right this minute! lol! I only grew better boys from seed this spring, I may have to hit the nursery for some romas now!

Trina, you better make some paste for me too! lol! Mmmmmm!

• medontdo
    15 years ago

oh my!! making your own tomato paste!! and soup and siced tomato's that will be so cool!! that's what i'm waiting for, so far i have like 14 tomato plants planted, and i have TONS more that are not ready to be planted yet. i'm waiting for the roma, and like 5-6 others that need to be planted. to get like 5 inches tall so i can plant them. right now they are like 2-3 inches tall, only 2 leaves. that's it. maybe i can plant them in the buckets and they will do ok? they are part of them 55 gal barrels, the plastic ones w holes at the bottom. Hugs Medo

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

Mailman Dan! ~ your box will be in the mail tomorrow for sure.. sorry I haven't been around my mom hasn't been doin well at all and I've been having to go over and take care of her and take her to dr appts and etc etc.. plus my oldest graduated and it has just been a CRAZYYY week.. but it finally stopped raining today, so I got some things dug and before I take mom to the doc tomorrow I'll get the box in the mail! *whew :)

Can't wait Dan! :)

Hugs all,
    Wendy / sassybutterfly_2008

• Frances Coffill
    15 years ago

Michele
    The Romas started slow from seed, but as soon as they put on the first real leaf they took off, sooner you plant them the faster they grow. I have some planted in the garden and I put the tiny ones in 3 gal. nursery pots 2 weeks ago. (4 to a pot) The tiny ones in the pots have caught up and need to be divided now!

Give em room they will catch up fast!

I will not be making tom paste, but I am hoping for some very fine sauce!

Tracey thanks a bunch for the 'balsam' seeds you sent last winter, I had never grown them before and they are blooming now! those flowers are very pretty! They were one of my best wintersown containers, they just kept coming! I think I have a new shade fave!

Frances

• diene
    15 years ago

Hello All;
    Frances what is a balsam? Do you have pictures? I have never heard of them but I would love to check them out. I had some lumber delivered yesterday to build a raised bed for flowers in the front yard. If you look at my pictures of the spring bulbs you will see a rock in the backdrop well that is the tip of the iceberg and the soil has become so shallow above it in the front that the grass is not taking. So we are going to build a raised bed to try and keep the soil on the small hill otherwise the entire corner will be one big rock.
    Not sure if I will get to that today but if not, tomorrow for sure. Have almost finished cleaning the boat and hope to have that done today. Then we can put that in the water, hooray!! Of course, they are calling for rain this weekend. Go figure. Very interesting, on Tuesday the temperature hit 83 which was the first time since October 4th our temperature hit 80, now you can appreciate my challenges.
    Pixie, no rush on the box, I plan on putting what you send in my new unbuilt box. Have a wonderful day.
    diene

• Frances Coffill
    15 years ago

Hi Diene!

your spring bulbs are fantastic!

The balsam is an upright growing type of impatiens that was popular in the early 1900s. It can grow to about 3 feet tall in perfect conditions. The flowers grow along the stem instead of on top like the varieties that are popular now and are shaped more like jewelweed flowers (a native impatiens)

see the link for more info! most of the ones currently blooming in my yard are in the coral to pink range. But a few of the red 'camellia' flowered ones have started to bloom as well.

Usually they can be found in 'heirloom' collections. Fabulous plant.

Frances

info from Burpee
    http://www.burpee.com/product/annual+flowers/heirloom+annuals/balsam++mix+%28impatiens+balsamina%29+-+1+pkt+%2875+seeds%29.do

Here is a link that might be useful: info on imatiens balsamina

• tracyvine
    15 years ago

Frances, I am so glad you like them! I had never seen true red ones before so I thought you absolutely should have some for your yard! They are pretty aren't they? The Forget Me Nots and Columbines you sent have sprouted so nicely for me! The FMN are ready to plant out but the Columbines are still tiny so need a few more weeks in their little ws containers yet.

Diene, they are Impatiens. The variety I sent to Frances were named Strawberry Flavours Hybrid from WaterSunTogether.com. Around here there are only white, pink or occasionally fuschia colored impatiens at the nursery.

• pixiesluvplants
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I have peaches, whites and reds and corals balsams, I didn't know all that about them. They are the things with the fuzzy seed balls Tracy! Thanks Frances for filling me in on them!!!

• flwrs4ever
    15 years ago

Hi everyone...I am back from our long weekend on the Island, but came home with the stomach bug...Just wanted to let veeja know her box has been mailed..it is mostly plants, but I hope they are some you will enjoy.

I hope everyone is doing well..

• Frances Coffill
    15 years ago

I am very excited! My shasta daisies have finally decided to bloom (I know big deal what could be less exciting than a daisy ha ha ha) But I planted these as seeds last spring and they grew like bad weeds all year (even during this mild winter) and are now more like TREES than perennials! They are bigger than most of my shrubs and covered in buds! this morning the first one popped! DH has been shaking his head, neither one of us has ever seen shastas so big!

Tracy I loved those little plants even before they got flowers, they really are stout, and very pretty leaves too! My columbines are small too, but I am going to set them out in a temporary bed this weekend anyway. The fungus gnats are becoming a real problem in my containers, hot, cool, wet, dry..... the weather seems to be making them multiply like crazy. Setting them in the garden and sterilizing the containers seems to be the only way to get rid of them.

Oh well, I am off to Lowes to get a new screen door (and maybe sneak in a few more hostas (or something else) while DH isn't looking

Have a great day!

Frances

• tracyvine
    15 years ago

The fungus gnats? Are they grey/brown tiny little guys that move very quickly? I have some teeny tiny little ones in some of my containers that look like that.

Those daisies must be gigantic! lol! What have you been feeding them? You must have some really good dirt down there! I just got some daisies in another trade. Some Shasta's and also Crazy Daisies. I can't wait for them to bloom. I haven't had daisies in my yard since I was a kid!

I was wondering what everyone is doing with their WS containers after they are finished with them? I have a big box full of lids and now have a stack of bottoms as I am planting out. I was thinking of washing them out really good and recycling them as I don't have a lot of space for storing them for next year. What are you guys doing with them?

• medontdo
    15 years ago

i have put some of the dunks spray water on my soil, only i just watered the soil w the water that the dunk is in, they have gone, the plant is still fine. i dont' crush the dunk or anything. i put the dunk in a 120 oz container. so far so good. :')) my "medo's mocha joe" is awesome!! almost as good as bk's but better cuz it don't run out as fast!! LOL
    i used 2 T (instant) sanka, 3 T hersheys syrup, 3 T splenda, 20 oz milk, put it in 64 oz cup and add ice cubes. ahhhh the flavor of mocha!!! LOL and it costs a heck of alot lessss!!! many hugs Medo

• emsgarden
    15 years ago

Medo - sounds yummy!! I love those mocha joe's too but you are right they are exp and are gone in a slurp! lol I am going to have to try to make my own too so I can have them more often.

Frances - I'm excited for you! Daisies have pleasant memories for me of John McDonough Day in New Orleans - he donated land to the City for schools and there used to be a ceremony every year where the school kids brought flowers to a statue of him - had a lot of schools that were named after him. I planted some shasta seeds about 2 months ago, and they are soooooo slow! The plants are barely an inch - inch and a half tall. I hope mine will take off and grow one day.

Hope you feel better flwrs.

• dirt_under_my_nails
    15 years ago

Hi All!!
    Emily~ my box arrived today. Thank you soo much! Will be back later to list everything, was headed out the door when mail man dropped it off.
    later...April/dirt

• dirt_under_my_nails
    15 years ago

Ok I'm back for a quick second.Inside my AWESOME box from Emily was:
    ~~~~~THE PLANTS~~~~~
    ~Lemon Thyme
    ~'Glory' Coleus
    ~White Begonia
    ~Million Bells
    ~Jewels of Opar
    ~Queen's Anne Lace
    ~Snapdragons
    ~~~~~THE FAIRY GOODS~~~~~
    ~Little Fairy Statue with Hope etched on it(SOOO CUTE!!)
    ~Mini Picket Fence Panels
    ~Mini Wishing Well
    ~Fairy Dust
    ~Shroom Garden Stake
    ~Mini Wash Tub
    ~Mini Clay Pots
    ~Mini Mirrors(thinking about using them as stepping stones for the fairy)
    ~~~~SEEDS~~~~
    ~Sweet Pea
    ~Tall Pink Snapdragon
    ~Foxglove pink/purple mix
    ~Larkspur mix
    ~Red 4 0`clocks
    ~Red Cypress Vine
    ~~~Other~~~
    ~Stickers
    ~Plant Food Stakes
    Thanks again!!! Can't wait to get it all out in the yard.

Right now I'm getting everything ready for tomorrow. Several of the Hubby's family from AL is coming to visit(yay....)since his dad is in town. Guess who is planning & cooking all the meals? So far the potatoe salad ,pasta salad,& the coconut/pineapple cake are done. Just have to cook the burgers & baked beans tomorrow. That should take care of lunch. Then I have dinner for tomorrow to cook for everyone too!!!!Needless to say we are going OUT to eat tonight!! LOL!!
    Later...April/dirt

• llbean
    15 years ago

Medo, hey there for some reason my work emails are being rejected by your server?
    I intended on sending out last week and changed my mind because I am making your daughter something. So I AM sending it out in the beginning of next week.

Laura

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

Dan ~ your box went out. I'll post the DC# later tonite. Just fyi :) I think I went a lil overboard.. the postage was almost $20 it was so heavy! LOL I hope you enjoy it all !

Hugs,
    Wendy

• pixiesluvplants
    Original Author
    15 years ago

WOW MISS EMILY!!!! Thats some box ya sent April!!! Awesome girlie!

WOW!! April on such an awesome box, all that sounds wonderful!!! I hope this weekend goes well for you and your family and I am praying "strength" for you girlie girl cause all that cooking! (Makes me want to be there to enjoy it also!!!) Have fun relaxing tonight sweetie.

QHOOOHOOO ITS FRIDAY!!!!!!!

Hope everyone has a great one!

Pixie

• medontdo
    15 years ago

ok sorry about that, i'll clean out my cache and cookies again, LOL that'll probably fix it?? awesome!! talla will love it, she's so happy about her fairy garden. we have to start on the other one in the actual garden. where all the crabgrass is. LOL

that sounds like an awesome box emily/april :')) an aweful lot to plant!! LOL HEE HEE i bet your gonna have some amazing fun!!!! LOL i know that these guys are gonna have some fun pretty soon with their planting. i'm absolutely out of that now, just the transplanting only. they do the rest now. its much to hot/humid for me. and we've been staying up to late. i got a lashing (not really) from the prison guard (ol man) LOL (that's what he does in real life so i tease him about it LOL)
    but on the other hand the house has been getting cleaned up some more and i am so happy and it has been getting some organizing to, this is what i'm NO good at, in fact my kiddo's are better at it than me. LOL it would seem that i have taught them something after all. LOL hmmmmm imagine that!!! LOL HEe hEE EhE LOL
    how is this gas problem affecting everyone else?? my mom said she had heard from somewhere that by the end of the year it will be 7 bucks a gal. so hubs is trying for a job 15 miles away. we are praying that the job pays a decent amount, at least enough to pay the bills. i will be happy. :')) i'll start making LOTS more homemade stuff!! LOL i definately don't have a prob with that. the laundry soap was the biggest saver and the laundry rinse was the biggest saver. ok that's all i can think of now, so your prob thinking now, WHEW get her off the soap box NOW!!!! LOL **big grinn** many big hugs Medo i hope ya'll have a great day!!

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

My box arrived from Allison today...wow..she went all out!!
    Plants
    Veronica: sunnyborder blue
    calibrachoa: white imp
    butterfly bush: nanho blue
    celosia: pink plume
    lamb's ear
    snapdragon: pink dwarf

seeds:
    nasturtium
    chamomile
    lavandar
    cosmos

gummy bears (which I hide), a cute little pink dish w?butterfly for fairy bathing

a multi color stone bracelet with fairy themed charms (she made it herself!)

heart shaped rock that says "BLOOM"
    an adorable fairy bookmark (she made that also)

and a CD that is really beautiful music..

thank you so much, Allison!!