Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
raggedyann161420

may obf swap part 2

raggedyann161420
16 years ago

Our Blooming Friends Friendship Swap Group was created to have a reliable, fair and safe haven to swap and trade between the group members.IF you would care to join us, we would love to have you. Please be a successful member of garden web and had a trade with two or three of our members. Membership requests should be directed to veeja/carol

Here is our line up for May

Amybayboy/Amy sends to Beth b Kodiac/ Beth

Beth b Kodiac/ Beth sends to Theresa24/Theresa

Brittneysgran/Shirley sends to Klickat/Jules

Cedarnest/Nancy sends to Remy/Remy

Debbya/Deb sends to Sandlapper Rose

Earthlydelights/ Maryanne sends to squanzon/Sue

Klickitat/Jules sends to Mellen/MaryEllen

llbean/Laura sends to earthlydelights/Maryanne

Mellen/MareEllen sends to llbean/Laura

nyvoices99/Anita sends to Cedarnest/Nancy

Remy/Remy sends to Debbya/Deb

Sandlapper Rose sends toVeejall/Carol

Sassy/Diane sends to nyvoices99/Anita

Squazon/Sue sends to Amybabyboy3/Amy

Theresa24/Theresa sends to Sassy/Diane

Veejall/Carol sends to Brittneysgrand/Shirley

ANITA

Thank You everyone for the Birthday Wishes. I want you to know you are all winners in my book. Carol, and Suzie pick which candle you each would want. There is a whole month to play games and I hope to see the two of you playing again.

Jeanne and Nancy, your stitching went in the mail this morning.

All plants including IOU's will go out when I'm off this long stretch; I hope you guys don't mind. I don't think I will have the energy to dig this week. but I will send the candles out around WED.

TIME FOR BED, I hope I didn't miss anyone.

LIFE IS GOOD,

Annie

Comments (141)

• mellen
    16 years ago

Happy Birthday, Maryanne!!! Number 29 or 39??? Just doing my best to help you out. :P

Jules, just want you to know that I found your box on the front porch about 8:40 this evening. WooHoo!!! OooLaLaa!! I will report back later on all of the Ooo's and LaLaa's.
    Mary Ellen

• sandlapper_rose
    16 years ago

Happy Birthday to you.
    Happy Birthday to you.
    Happy Birthday, dear Maryanne.
    Happy Birthday to you!

{{gwi:1270761}}

• klickitat
    16 years ago

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MARYANNE!

{{gwi:1270762}}

• raggedyann161420
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Maryanne,

klickitat, I'm employed in a house that houses 8 people with developmental disabilities. I work 74 hours from a Friday night to a Friday morning, then I am off till Monday, work 10 hours then off again till Friday night at 11p.m when my long stretch starts over again;I love the hours in the summer.

I'm going to take a walk around the yard to see what all is in bloom, then I will be ready for bed.

I hope everyone has a nice day, it sure is beautiful out.

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• sassyd
    16 years ago

Wanted to come back and post all the great plants I received from Theresa, girl you packed a heck of a box!

Daylily 'Startle'
    6 Majestic Red Calla Lilies
    Ruby Grass
    Crinum Bulb
    Clara Curtis Daisy
    Pink Southern Phlox
    Ajuga
    Verbena banariensis
    Tall Asters (Purple)
    Canna (City of Portland)
    One more plant, can't make out the name, hopefully you'll remember Theresa but if not I don't care, its planted anyway, lol! I just want you to know I'm thrilled with the plants you chose, can't wait to show off pics soon. Thank you so much!

Anita, your box is going out tommorrow so hopefully you should have it on Friday. I'm sorry, running alittle behind this month.

• sguanzon
    16 years ago

Have a most wonderful birthday, Maryanne!!!

• cedarnest
    16 years ago

Happy Birthday Maryanne.I hope you have a Bloomin' Wonderful Day : ))

• klickitat
    16 years ago

Annie... a long time ago, as a college student, I worked in a similar environment... I lived from Friday-Monday with folks diagnosed with mental illnesses. It was a relatively easy job until the house closed down. That was a sad time. Eventually, it led me to another position that helped others.

Looks like sassy got one heck of a box!

I'm going to take a nap... been working my butt off all day in the house!

• amybabyboy3
    16 years ago

Beth, Your package went out today! Hope you enjoy! Amy

Maryanne, Hope your Birthday Month is wonderful. Take care, Amy

• skohler
    16 years ago

A HUGE HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARYANNE HOPE YOUR CELEBRATING BIG TIME :)) so sorry i didnt get a card out to you this has been a busy month so far .

kim how you doing on your theme for june ????

nice boxes ladies . i'm very tired out tonight & going to go lay back. will try to post tomorrow .
    have a great evening .

susie

• remy_gw
    16 years ago

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARYANNE!!!!
    I hope you had a great day.

Deb,
    I got your box ready tonight finally. I'll be mailing it on my way to work tomorrow morning.

Have a good night everyone,
    Remy

• earthlydelights
    16 years ago

thanks for the well wishes, everyone. i had a great day. started out touring a garden/nursery, picked up some plants - like i really need more. then did some shopping and had a late lunch. then i took a nice, relaxing bike ride. what a gorgeous weather day we had as well.

the evening was spent at a family dinner, which was quite tasty. got some great presents - including some "green" which i will be "trading in" at the iris farm either this or next weekend.

my dryer died, so my son instead is getting me new appliances, getting rid of the old ones, rearranging pipes, etc. (washer now is really where dryer should be and vice versa) and will vent it and all that fun stuff. i nixed the patio because i'm reconsidering what i am doing in certain areas of the yard. i thought maybe i disappointed him, but he seemed fine with it. it really was an extra chore to take the washed clothes to the laundromat and wait for them to dry. can you believe 8 minutes for a quarter? wonder what the going rate is other places...anyone ever use a laundromat? i did a load of all the dog blankets in their gigantic washer and it cost me 29 quarters. wonder what it boils down to at home between electric/water, etc. maybe 29 quarters isn't all that bad.

anyway, i had a wonderful day. ate my favorite cake - spice with cream cheese icing, spent time with family and had my first "grandmom" birthday LOL and what could be a better way of topping off the day/night? apolo and julianne won dancing with the stars - as they deserved to do!

thanks again
    maryanne

• mellen
    16 years ago

Jules, thank you so much for the wonderful plants that you sent. I hope that I can remember them all as I have already planted them. Here is what I can remember:

Lenton Rose
    Red Creeping Phlox
    Yellow Everblooming Hybrid Tea Rose
    Philodendron
    Another house plant
    Variegated Iris
    Gerbera Daisy
    Angelina Sedum

Klick, if I am forgetting something, I am sorry. I am so thankful to you for everything. Each plant is so unique and will be absolutely beautiful. All will be a wonderful reminder of you. Mary Ellen

• mellen
    16 years ago

Llbean-Laura, Your box will be going out in the mail on Wednesday. The confirmation number is:

0305 1720 0001 3914 4022

Mary Ellen

• dizzydaffodil
    16 years ago

Hey gals, Happy May & sunshine!
    It's been warming up here (finally) and DH & I have been working in the yard like a couple of maniacs, but we managed to get new borders on all the flower beds in back, a full shady bed finished at front, a sunny bed completed at the side and another one in the works. And new planters on the deck and back porch too, hung, planted and going strong.
    I'll have to get some pics when I slow down long enough. It was almost barren around here, then almost overnite, I've got stuff coming up everywhere! My peonies already have buds and they are a foot tall - they seem to like the little cold snaps we still get.

Susie, some of the lily of the valley is blooming already, and the irises are growing in the new sunny bed.
    Golly, if half the stuff I've planted this Spring does well, our place will look like a Zone 5 jungle! LOL! I hope, I hope!
    Just had a minute & wanted to tell you all HI!!! and I'm still kickin' - oh I have a new email dizzydaff @ gmail.com (just remove the spaces).
    Hope you are all having an excellent May!!
    DizzyD

• nyvoices99
    16 years ago

Happy Belated Birthday Maryanne :)

• remy_gw
    16 years ago

Deb,
    I got your pkg. mailed. Confirmation # is 0306 2400 0001 9198 1899. This is the latest I've ever been with a pkg.! Well, I hope you think it was worth the wait : )

Dizzy,
    Glad you are well and that things are popping up everywhere.
    Don't forget we have a trade to work out. Any time after the local swap at the beginning of June is good for me, so when you're ready let me know.

Mellen,
    Hope the kids are treating you good. This time of year at school must be crazy.

Maryanne,
    Happy to hear you had a great birthday. I haven't used a laundromat in years! I hated it when I did go except for when I had the apt. near a laundromat that had a bar next door, lol! That's great of your son to take care of all that he is. Oh which reminds me, Gary FINALLY fixed the hole in the wall from when the dog and him fell into it. He's been suddenly doing more stuff like that. I don't know what has gotten into him, but I like it : )

Have a good night everyone,
    Remy

• Debra Andruska
    16 years ago

Maryanne,
    Happy Belated Birthday! I hope you had a really special day!

Remy,
    I'll let you know when the box arrives! I haven't received any packages lately, so I'm really looking forward to yours! ;)

Deb

• cedarnest
    16 years ago

Anita,I am really beat tonight but just wanted to make sure to post a quick note to thank you for the wonderful box of bulbs and goodies that arrived today.Wow you sure packed alot in there! I will enjoy planting all of these.Can't wait to see the blooms they give me.Thanks so much for the thoughtful box : )
    Nancy

• skohler
    16 years ago

ok KIM/lil_green_thumb where is out sign up forum for june ???? are you going to make us draw names for june ???? what is the theme ?? will you be posting it this weekend ????

Sorry I couldn't play this month but just had over 8 boxes to get send out plus the personal problems going on .
    I do hope to be able to play in a couple trades yet this summer . I love some of the plants many of you are swaping :)))

I have a field full of named plants I need to find homes for . mamy are the older ones but they bloom huge floweron them many are frangrant ") I love to walk in the field of the colors :)) .

they are starting to get buds so won't be long now .
    well time to lay back have a great menorial weekend.

happy gardening
    susie

• llbean
    16 years ago

WOW that is all I can say after not reading for awhile.
    Maryanne~
    Happy B-lated... YOur package goes out tomorrow and I will email you the #.
    Everyone has rec. such great gifts. Mellon I will post when your package arrives. I am out of town but my husband now knows to carefully check all packages that arrive and if they have plants what to do with them. (trained him good).
    I started a new job with Minute clinics www.minuteclinics.com
    and I am going through the training and I am whipped.
    so I am hitting the sack but I wanted to say hello.

Laura
    ps..Maryanne wait on the clem move.. I have three rooting for you for fall so let me know before you purchase!!!

Laura

• raggedyann161420
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hello Everyone!

I'm leaving to help finish up getting my sisters things sorted out. I will try to get on here when I can over the week-end

If anyone needs help getting their boxes out I would be happy to help, just LMK.

I hope everyone has a great week-end, but be sure to be safe in whatever you do.

Sassy, did you get your prize package? I would hate if it got lost in the mail.

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• Theresa24 (NeFL9a)
    16 years ago

Sassy....The other plant is Kalimeris. One of my favorites...It blooms ALL summer long.

Maryanne, Happy belated birthday wishes! Hope it was a good one.

Theresa

• lil_green_thumb
    16 years ago

----------------- NOTE JUNE'S SWAP INFO AND SIGNUP WILL BE POSTED LATER TONIGHT. DAUGHTER GRADUATES THIS YEAR SO BEEN BUSY. HER PROM IS TOMORROW NIGHT. SIGN UP DATES WILL BE FROM TOMORROW UNTIL JUNE 4TH!---------------------

~KIMBERLY

• klickitat
    16 years ago

Hi girls... I'm so sorry for not posting personals here... I've been so busy since adopting a new dog and the extra hours at work. There is so much more going on in my life that takes up time, too. But enough about the drama... :)

Brittneysgran sent me a DC# via email... looks like my box is on its way! I can't wait to see what goodies await me!

mellen... so happy you enjoyed your box! I'm always afraid to send un-named plants, but they are (at times) ok to mail out. Maybe the rose plant can make up for those? :) Hope they all survived the transport!

• skohler
    16 years ago

THANKS KIM :)

I wanted to let you all know that while carol is moving & will be off line for while, I have ask earthly to help me keep track of the forums so if anyone has any ???"s & cannot get me please emial earthly .

starting monday I may be gone everyday if my step mother goes to the hospital . well i need to go put on super .
    wishing you ll a safe & fun weekend.

susie

• Debra Andruska
    16 years ago

Remy,
    I received your package today, and YES, it was so worth the wait, LOL! ;)

Everything you sent arrived in perfect shape!
    Rose Belle Isis
    Rose Belle De Crecy
    Veronica "Georgia Blue"
    Pink Hyacinth Bulbs
    Tiarella "Heonswood Mist"
    Phlox "Eva Cullum"
    Mourning Widow "Samabor" Geranium! My FAVORITE! Love the foliage!

Also, the candle and the cute bird ornament!

Thanks so much for such a nice package! I have the perfect spot for all the plants. I've been working on a new plant bed in the back yard and it should be ready tomorrow after I pick up a few bags of peat.
    I'll post pics as the plants grow!

Deb

• remy_gw
    16 years ago

Hi Deb,
    I'm glad everything made it in good shape. Have fun planting!

Annie,
    I almost forgot to tell you I will be attending a cancer fundraiser on June 8th. I will be making an extra donation on your behalf since you wanted that as a hostess gift: )
    Remy

• beth_b_kodiak
    16 years ago

Hi Amy, Just wanted to let you know the package arrived safely. Lots of fun and interesting goodies in there.
    there are bulbs for glads and canna. Some really interesting seeds. I'm anxious to try those and hope to get some started on Monday. I'm doing tons of tomatoes this year and hope to be able to pick some winners for the county fair. Maybe sun king will be the one.
    There was also a start of the marguerite sweet potatoe and a piece of Evening Star canna. Most all of my sweet potatoes died at the end of the winter so I'm glad to have that too. I really like the color of that.

For in the house, there is a cute bird house shape pot waterer. That will be year round fun.
    Thanks Amy.Nice work on the package. I hope I get some pictures later this summer of the glads. They will be joining the others that are already in my garden.
    Beth

• veeja11
    16 years ago

Shirley your late box went out today conf # 0306 3030000110689990 Sue no need to replace me yet. Earthly could you please handle new member requests till about june 2nd when I will try to get the newbie swap started. This move has me short tempered, they keep changing my closing date. unless it changes again I should be all in there june 1st. hugs tired carol

• llbean
    16 years ago

Mary Ellen~
    I just wanted to let you know your package arrived today safe and sound and WOW is all I can say. Thank you so much for a PACKED and I mean PACKED box:

I rec.
    Dl Heron (rose colored)
    Geranium Splish Splash (huge kiss there!!!)
    Dl Jen Melon
    Astic Lily: Mt Duckling..
    Astic Lily : Dolly Madison (same here?)
    Heuchera chatter box (maybe a hint?)
    DL: bottom dollar baby
    Astic Lily: Grand Cru

WOW thank you for sharing.. I am soaking them today and planting tomorrow if the weather holds up..

Earthly~
    Your box went out Wed. as I found your addy before your email. Please let me know how things look... I am scared with the holiday.. if they don't look good let me know and we can get a refund and ship new..
    there is a theme in that box...

Carol~
    When you get back online send me an email.. I am holding the bracelet for you and I will need your new addy and the size... I want to make sure this one fits.
    If any one else has rec. anything from me that doesn't fit.. I am not offended if you tell me! I will remake it for you smaller or larger you just have to let me know.. I tend to make things small for some reason.
    Today I rec. my order from garden crossings.. I finally got astrantia moulin rouge (I had been wanting this) as well as Ligularia Britt Marie Crawford. I was really impressed with the size as well as the color of the plant.. I am excited, but wondering where in the heck to put them.. Does anyone know how Ligularia holds up to slugs?
    I was considering putting them in my hosta bed for color and for fill as the summer goes on the slugs get the best of my hosta..

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Laura

• klickitat
    16 years ago

Shirley... your stuffed box arrived yesterday! I'm thrilled to post the contents as:

- Daylily 'Ruth Griffin'
    - Daylily 'Lavender Bonanza'
    - Daylily 'Dave Bill Talbott'
    - Daylily 'Midnight Express'
    - Caladium 'Aaron'
    - Daylily 'Borden Sentry'
    - Sedum 'Matrona'
    - Caladium 'Mrs. A. Nehrling'
    - Louisiana Iris 'Little Rock Skies'
    - A bulb named 'Feedback'
    - 2 bulbs unnamed? Maybe I can't read it. :)

THANK YOU!!! This was a truly wonderful box!!!!!

I can't wait to put each of them into the earth.

• nyvoices99
    16 years ago

Received my awesome box from Diane, She sent me:
    Daylily On Cloud Nine
    Sib Iris Roaring Jelly
    LA Iris Clyde Redmond
    Sib Iris Sultans Ruby
    Sib Iris My Love
    LA Iris Laura Louise
    LA Iris Bout Midnight
    I had none of them, Thank you so much Diane, I looked up the Daylily & I love it, Wishing for free time to look up the Iris.
    Have a great day all, off to plant..:)Anita

• brittneysgran
    16 years ago

Jules the bulbs were red amaryllis and you can leave them in the ground in the Winter and they will come back next Spring.

Carol I received my wonderful box today and I love it all.
    Fern Ursulas Red (Had this on my want list)
    DL Big Kiss (One of my favorite daylilies-of course it is a double)
    DL Ben ? couldn't make out the rest of it
    Hosta Abbey
    Red Heuchera (Beautiful red color-can't wait to add it to my shade garden.
    A cute Wish for Friendship token.
    Liberty Orchard Fruit Delights-I've been in these already and they are to die for. Thank you so much for these delightful goodies. I just love getting surprise swap boxes.

Shirley

• sassyd
    16 years ago

Looks like everyone's been getting great boxes, thanks Anita for letting me know. Guess I can stop worrying now.

Annie yes I finally got it, don't know why they (the po) were so slow with it, thanks so much! I've already been playing with it:))

Sassy

• earthlydelights
    16 years ago

I received a wonderful box from Laura today which included goodies for me, my garden and the g-babe. My heart is touched!

The massive plants i received were Iris Baby Blessed and Daylily Hush Little Baby. They are just perfect additions to my dedication bed and although the iris may not bloom until next year, I can't imagine I won't get blooms out of the daylily this year. IÂve already planted them up and they look fantastic. Every time they bloom, I'll smile and think of you!

The baby received a beanie-baby teddy bear, two baby friendly books: Goodnight Moon and Baby ABC's, and there were three educational tapes - numbers, seasons and letters. I love the fact that you thought of her (again) and included things in the box.

I also received a body scrubber, body butter and shower gel in the scent of vanilla pound cake. An angel doll and a little kit "Women of God Living in Grace" which includes a prayer card, key chain and mirror/compact. IÂve never seen anything like that.

Laura made me a bracelet!!! It's a patriotic bracelet - red, white and blue stones and all the little charms are significant to America - the flag, USA, courage, etc. I am loving this and the best is that it fits just right! What a wonderful idea. You are just too creative.

Lastly, the most gorgeous necklace/locket that I put on the minute I opened it. It is just too gorgeous for words. Thank you ever so much from the bottom of my heart, I love it.

Laura, what a wonderful box you sent me. Everything so thought out and special.

Big Hugs Lil Sis!
    xoxoxo
    Maryanne

• klickitat
    16 years ago

Shirley, thanks for letting me know about the amaryllis! They do beautifully here in the southern garden! I'll be planting all of my new bulbs tomorrow. Yay!

• skohler
    16 years ago

gm ladies
    SO sorry For being MIA for so long But I have my hands full right now with My fathers wife my step mother
    she is a great lady but & going through allot right now
    its like running after 2 yr old , friday she will be going to her sisters place so I can have a break for the next 2-3 weeks :)

anyway this is the 1st I have been able to read what is going on .
    shirley I'm so so envyous you got a fern "urusla "
    I want one have been looking for any plant with the name ursula for that is my niece's name .

well I have to get breakfast on so have wonderful day
    susie

• sandlapper_rose
    16 years ago

My plan is to mail a box to Carol on Mon. or Tues. of next week so I hope you will be in your new house okay by then. This is the May box being delayed because of your move. Hope everything makes it to you okay!

Sandlapper

• raggedyann161420
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Good Afternoon!

I'm sorry that I've not checked in for a few days, but I've been busy ever since I've reached home from helping get DeDe's things sorted/given away.

Sister Brenda had doctors appointments and then my great neice gave birth to a little girl. She weighed in at 8lbs 5 oz.

I looked through the posts and it looks like everyone has received and sent. If I've missed someone and you have not recieved a package plmk.

I want to take this time to thank Carol, Susie and everyone for letting me host this month; I really enjoyed it.

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• raggedyann161420
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Sassy I'm glad you finally got it. It does amaze me sometimes how long it takes a package to get from one place to another.

Carol, I'm sorry it has been so hot for you on your move.

Susie, I hope your step-mom feels better soon and good for you that you are getting a break.

Maryanne, lucky you! Laura does a great job on her braclets. I know I love mine.

Annie

• beth_b_kodiak
    16 years ago

Theresa, hope all is well with you. The PO says they delivered your package yesterday.
    DC # 03063030000135476209
    Beth

• Theresa24 (NeFL9a)
    16 years ago

Beth,
    Yes, I did get it yesterday. Thanks so very very much! My schedule just got easier this afternoon after a very stressful three weeks. So tomorrow I get to plant everything! I will list everything in a later post tomorrow(I'm still catching my breath), but for now I will say that Beth sent a very wonderful and thoughtful box of huge plant divisions. Can't wait to get my hands dirty....It's been way tooooooo long! Thanks again, Beth!
    Theresa

• Theresa24 (NeFL9a)
    16 years ago

Okay, here is the list:

Pineapple Sage
    False Sunflower
    two different beautiful bearded iris
    Super Purple daylily
    Malva Mauritana (sp?)

Thanks so much Beth, I especially look forward to seeing those beautiful iris blooms next spring.

Theresa

• skohler
    16 years ago

all is calm right now here on the home front my step mother is with her family till they get her weight down
    sugar leveled out & the sodium level up bit .
    need to get my yard mowed today it is warm out there .
    don't need a heat stroke :(
    susan : so sorry you can;t be with us for awhile :) but if & when you ever want to come back in for trades please
    feel free to do so :))

Beth I believe you are the only one of the group that has not Hosted since we started the group & would like to ask if you would like to take on the SEPT swap theme ??
    can you let me know ?

SANDLAPPER/JEANNE I don't think you have hosted either
    right ?

Is there anyone in our group who has not hosted a swap yet ?? I need to get my paper work up-dated .
    here is what I have so far correct me if I'm wrong .
    or if you feel you will not be able to do your monthly swap .

wish everyone a safe weekend
    susie

JANUARY ---KLICKITAT--- FRUITCAKE SWAP
    FEB-----LLBEAN------VALENTINES SWAP
    MARCH---DIZZYDAFFODIL----butterfly swap
    APRIL----AMYBABYBOY---EASTER LILY SWAP
    MAY----RAGGEDYANNE---PLANT SWAP
    JUNE---LIL_GREEN_THUMB---PATRIOT SWAP
    JULY --SKOHLER---INDEPENDENCE DAY SWAP
    AUG---SASSYD---COOKBOOK SWAP
    SEPT ---
    OCT---LUNAMOON-- HALLOWEEN SWAP
    NOV--SGUANZON--
    DEC-- CEDARNEST--- XMAS

HOSTED 06-07 LIST

AMYBABYBOY3 /AMY -----------APRIL 07
    BETH_B_KODIAK/BETH ???????????
    BRITNEYGRAN/SHIRLEY-------SEPT 06
    CEDARNEST/NANCY-----------DEC 07
    DANCINGMOON/TRISH ----- TAKEN TIME OUT
    DEBBYA/DEBBY------------------NOV 06
    DIZZYDAFFODIL/SUSANN-------MAR 07
    EARTHLY DELIGHT/MARYANNE-----DEC 06
    GIVERNY4ME/SUSAN--------------TAKEN TIME OUT
    KLICKITAT/JULES------------------JAN 07
    LIL_GREEN_THUMB/KIM ------ JUNE 07
    LLBEAN/LAURA----------------FEB 07
    LUNAMOON/JENELL----------OCT 07
    MELLEN/MARYELLEN--------APRILL 06
    MMQCHDYGG/TINA ????????
    NYVOICES99/ANITA---------JUNE 06
    RAGGEDYANNE/ANNIE------MAY 07
    REMY/REMY-----------------OCT 06
    SANDLAPPER_ROSE--------
    SASSYD/DIANE--------------AUGUST 07
    SGUANZON/SUE------------NOV 07
    SKOHLER/SUSIE ------------JULY 07
    THERESA24/THERESA-------MAY 06
    VEEJAY11/CAROL -----------JULY 06
    ZABECC/ELIZABETH ??????

• sandlapper_rose
    16 years ago

When CEDARNEST said that she couldn't host for Dec. 2007, I said I would do that month.
    I haven't come up with a name for the swap yet, but I would like to do something where we fill a stocking for our pal so if anyone sees small garden related things (plant markers, pot decorations, etc.) and you know you want to participate, you may want to pick up things like that ahead of time because they may be hard to find late in the year. Of course, other garden related things, seed packets, ornaments, a gift certificate for a plant, a subscription to a gardening magazine, a potholder with a holly design, a gift card, or a little candy and other treats will be appropriate, too.
    Hope that works for everyone. I will work on trying to come up with a clever name for that month!

• klickitat
    16 years ago

Susie... do we need a hostess for September??? I would enjoy hosting another swap... if we need a volunteer that is. :)

Let me know!

• sandlapper_rose
    16 years ago

I wasn't sure whether to put this under May or June, but it is the May swap going to Carol. Carol, I mailed your package this morning. It has plants in it so I hope it makes it quickly all the way to the west coast. It's supposed to be 2 day priority and the confirmation number is:
    0479 7504 2890 0603 6857.
    (At least I hope that's it, I used the self-service!)

Sandlapper

• veeja11
    16 years ago

I'm moved, still unpacking tho. I received a packed wonderful box from Jeanne today garden gloves, quilting bee hosta, purple hycinth bean vine, white calla lilly, bellflower elizabeth, solidago fireworks, bee balm. balsam peppermint stick, yellow lollipop daylily, stromanhe houseplant. I love it all. no beds yet so hunted up some soil and potted them up. drove by my old house today, all my roses are in full bloom, I miss them. I love my box thankyou Jeanne, Earthly can you cover me a couple weeks more please, till I am out of these boxes. thankyou hugs carol

• earthlydelights
    16 years ago

carol, no problem! beth sent me that quilting bee hosta a few years ago, it's one of my favorites. did you take any roses at all or at least some cuttings? my heart's aching just thinking about leaving my flowers.

happy unpacking, got ya covered!

maryanne