Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
brittneysgran

UPDATE: Traveling Daylilies (Pictures 2)

brittneysgran
16 years ago

The other Picture Thread is getting to long, time to start a new one.

Shirley

Comments (36)

• brittneysgran
    Original Author
    16 years ago

This mallard duck had her nest right out in the open in the Dollywood theme park.
    {{gwi:1270797}}

Cabin where we went on vacation, had 14 bedrooms, 16 bathrooms, a theatre, huge game room with tons of stuff and it seated 50 in the dining room.

Shirley

• toomanyanimals
    16 years ago

Shirley, great picture of the Duck and her nest. :o)

I love staying in lodges like that. We have done that twice now. I like them better than the nice hotels.

Here is a picture of all my Gladiator Alliums that I dug up last year. I didn't know what to do with all of them, so I lined the back of one of the gardens.

{{gwi:1270799}}

Also, a picture of my Allium karativiense and Allium karativiense Ivory Queen. This was my first year with the Allium Karativiense and wasn't sure I would like it, but I did.

{{gwi:1270800}}

• brittneysgran
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Oh Sharon I love those alliums. Deni sent me the gladiator alliums last year and now I want them all. Got to have the Karativiense and Karativiense Ivory Queen now.

Shirley

• namso
    16 years ago

shirley...looks like a great place vac place!
    . Sharon, your pics i cant see....they were there at one time though lol. loved them.

Spacecoast Child Star - thanks Shirley! our should i say thanks twice! FFO, perfect form
    {{gwi:1270801}}

Peony Debbie sent - it is awesome!
    {{gwi:1270802}}

new incoming from S- ffo...Sergeant Major
    {{gwi:1270803}}

Marea, i missed a champagne elegance pic. :(, i take them while i dog walk and its up by the road. sorry...:(.

Cindy

• mareas
    16 years ago

You just made up for it Cindy! *grin*

• User
    16 years ago

My grandson Ben turns a year old today, May 28. Here is our little Birthday Prince at his birthday party eating his own little cake. I told my son he's spending far too much time with their dogs.
    {{gwi:1270804}}
    {{gwi:1270805}}
    {{gwi:1270806}}

• brittneysgran
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Cindy-That Sergeant Major is beautifullllllll, I really like the peony Debbie sent you also. So glad SP Child Star made it the second time. Your picture has to be the best one I have seen of that one. Would love to copy it if you don't mind. I took several last year but none ever did it justice.

Diane-Ben is a very handsome little boy. Love the way he decided to take his first bite then looks up like WHAT.
    Firecracker

La Iris 'Dalton'

Stairway to Heaven

Full Swing

Purple Rhododendron

Red Rhododendron

Yellow Rhododendron

Peony Bowl of Beauty

Earth Song

Crimson Cloisonne

Shirley

• jaceysgranny
    16 years ago

I didn't see any that I didn't want and love. They're all beautiful but I think that Sargeant Major has to be my favorite right next to Ben's sweet little face. Couldn't you just kiss that icing off?

Here are the ones I took today. Hopefully someone can help me identify them.

• namso
    16 years ago

Shirley,
    ***Thud****that was the sound of me hitting the floor. somebody pick me up please. gee whiz, those are all beauties!!! holy moly, rhoadies come in RED?? & evry iris there is just stunning.
    Use photos away. heck the plant is yours :). let me know if i need to email it.
    Debbies peony pic doesnt do it justice. it is so big! like two softballs put together. twice as big as normal. and it smells good too.:)

Nancy, loved your pics too. I do remember you had names at one time? they would help TONS as a list of possibilities on Id's. there are 60,000+ registered ones and alot unfortunately look alike. also info such as height, flower size, unusual habits, pics in day and night (some change) may help out too... but mostly names even possible.
    having said that :) (sorry, i can go on) , Ill take a shot at #4!
    Peacock Maiden???

my form is fuller, but the plant is mature. and whatever the foliage is below yours doesn't look like dayily :)..could need some removed?

its a longshot...but hoping....

also tried to link you to the ahs website where you can get stats yourself, but it seems to not be working right now. lmk if you want me to try again

Cindy

• dirtpig
    16 years ago

WOW Ladies the picture are AWESAME :o)

Nancy Peacock Maiden came to mind with me too..

this would be mine from last year I believe.As for the other not a clue..sorry hun

• dirtpig
    16 years ago

Oh my goodness ...I'm SO SORRY..how did I forget
    that beautifull baby..He is so cute..thank you Diane for
    sharing he's first birthday with us :o)

• jaceysgranny
    16 years ago

Ya'll are right! It is Peacock Maiden. Thank you. Cindy I promise that I will send a list of what I had as soon as I can. Right now it's taking all my energy to come home and fix supper and lay on the couch. lol I'll try to get it done this weekend. I appreciate your help.

Everyone of the blooms is gorgeous. I'll have to have one of each someday. I guess I won't get a grandson, so far 3 girls and neither wants another child. :-(

Nancy

• mamabirrd
    16 years ago

Hi everyone! Beautiful pictures.....esp. those of handsome little Ben!

Here are a few of baby T-Bird....

Tiny bubbles.......

Daddy & his pride & joy......

Starting to look around...

It's so fun watching the subtle changes happen every day. It's such a miracle!

Here is the beautiful poem that Aunt Canna sent. I cry every time I read it. Even my "tough" DH had tears welling up!

And this is the sweater & booties from Jean......soooo cute!

Mary S. sent a wonderful package along w/ a Baby Einstien teething ring that I just love. We didn't have one so it is very appreciated. She also sent an adorable bib, outfit, & Hosta 'Baby Bunting' & DL 'Hush little baby'. Yay! Thank you Mary! I have pics of everything and will post them once I get them loaded in.

Talon has made 2 trips over to the new house. We enjoyed a nice afternoon Sunday watching Daddy install some doors....

inside....

outside.....

We are now wrapping up a bunch of small details so we can schedule our framing inspection soon. Yay for that!!

Well, my time is up for now. Hugs to all!

~Dawn (mamabirrd)

• nyvoices99
    16 years ago

Love the pics all, Now Dawn how can I go back out & plant with tears in my eye's?????

• User
    16 years ago

Oh, Dawn, Talon is just too, too precious! I love his little expressions and those hands!

Does anyone else think Jason looks like a young James Taylor?

• toomanyanimals
    16 years ago

Picture of Imperial Magic Japanese Iris

Picture of my family at daughters graduation: thumbnail, click on it for bigger picture.
    {{gwi:1270838}}

• cannahavana
    16 years ago

• mareas
    16 years ago

Aww, beautiful photos Sharon & Canna! (I saved all of Tbird's photos already *grin*)

Here's a clickable thumbnail of my first 'Marea's Angel' this year (the flower dear Gloria gave me):

• brittneysgran
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Dawn-I'm so glad you share all your beautiful pictures with us. Talon is so precious.

Marea-Oh that Mareas Angel daylily is beautiful.

Canna-I love that picture you should send it to a gardening magazine I bet they would put it in their magazine.

Sharon-So glad you got to see Jap. Imperial Magic bloom. You sure have a beautiful family.

Shirley

• mareas
    16 years ago

A voice to relearn the world by...

Here is a link that might be useful: Paul Potts, Angel

• toomanyanimals
    16 years ago

Marea, Mr. Potts made me cry.

Had to post a picture of my best seedling so far this year.
    Sorry to say it wasn't one of my own seeds ... it was bought on the Lily Auction.

Traditional Treasure x Braided Edgings
    ht=24"
    bloom= 5 1/2"

thumbnail, so click on pic for larger pic.

{{gwi:1270841}}

Sharon

• toomanyanimals
    16 years ago

Ok, found time for one more pic this morning.
    I believe this is Crystal Halo Japanese Iris ... received from Shirley several years ago.
    Shirley, it had 2 blossoms this year and I LOVE it! I have to find a way to keep this one going!

This is a tall ... 4ft plant and BIG blossoms.
    sharon

thumbnail, click for bigger pic.
    {{gwi:1270842}}

• toomanyanimals
    16 years ago

One more ladies and gents?
    Polish Spirt Clematis ... growing up my wrought iron chair that I talked hubby into not welding and letting me use as a trellis ... then Polish spirit continued climbing up one of the 'good' wrought iron chairs. Hubby was even 'ok' with that. :o)
    click on pic.

• mamabirrd
    16 years ago

Love that 'Polish Spirit' Sharon! I bought it 2 years ago because i'm a Polish Princess (hee hee) and have yet to see it bloom. The bunnies kept eating it, but I think i'll have to wander up and check on it. I'll bet it will be blooming this year. I can't see it from the house....it's behind the pool and I haven't had the chance to venture out into the "garden of weedin" lately, lol. I'll bet some of my weeds could be in the Guiness Book of World Records....gigantic!!

Loved the link Marea. Thank you for that!

I've been busy doing my best job taking care of this little angel..........

Looks like his teddy is holding his binkie for him, lol...

And look at these two peas in a pod..........

Ha! They looked so cute that day. That was over at the new house. I think Talon & Brooklyn look alike....do you?

Well, i've gotta' try to sneak in a nap.....hope you're all doing well...

HUGS,
    ~Dawn (mamabirrd)

• toomanyanimals
    16 years ago

Dawn, Talon and Brooklyn are just so cute and yes, they do look alike to me. I'm sure they will grow up to be great friends.

This picture is a couple years old now, but here are some of the younger 'cousins'. My 2 are center back. Meg's 'best friend / cousin' is Shawn on her right. That's my son Rob with the crazy face on her left.
    They sure got tan that year!
    {{gwi:1270853}}
    Shot at 2007-06-30

It's nice that Talon and his cousins will look alike. My nieces and nephews from this bunch point out every once in a while that you can't tell they are cousins.

Rob broke his front tooth almost in half at a Grad party a couple weeks ago. Thank God he didn't need a root canal.
    We can't get it fixed until August. He just passed his drivers test and I told him not to smile for the picture. The lady looked at me like I was crazy. But I didn't think he would want a picture of his broken tooth on his drivers license ... those pictures are bad enough as it is. LOL

I've been suffering from a sinus headache all day ... I've been the biggest 'B'. Hopefully it will get better, driving to the cottage tomorrow.

Take care and have a nice Independence Day.
    sharon

• mareas
    16 years ago

Aww - them sleeping cousins are so CUTE!! I think they look alike, too.
    I also think Sharons batch o' cousins look very much related! Funny they don't think so...

Umm, just daylilies photo thumbnails here/ I have a favorite and I've lost it's name already!?! Sharon, do you think it's one of your sdlgs?
    And below is my beautiful rainbow-eyed Marea's Angel again...

{{gwi:1270794}}
    {{gwi:1270795}}

• mareas
    16 years ago

Happy Independance Day!

{{gwi:1270856}}

• mamabirrd
    16 years ago

A belated Happy 4th of July to you all!

Marea, I love your RW&B pic! Pretty and very festive. : )

Just wanted to stop in a post the pic that my sis Jenna sent me via her cell phone....

'Snazzy Memories' started blooming the other day!

Here's a pic from T-Birrd's 1st Fourth of July...a bit blurry because I took it with my phone...

HUGS,
    ~Dawn (mamabirrd)

• budsnblooms
    16 years ago

Hi All,

I just had to stop in to show you my first seedling to bloom. Actually it is a seedling given to me by Marea. It is Huckelberry Candy X Big Blue. Thanks Marea...Isn't it a beauty. Do you have any? If not I have enough to share (grin). Thank you. I love it. Debbie

[IMG]http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b265/budsnblooms/Daylilies6-26-07039.jpg[/IMG]

• budsnblooms
    16 years ago

OOPS...Let's try that again.
    Huckelberry Candy X Big Blue
    Thanks Marea;0)

{{gwi:1270859}}

• brittneysgran
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Snazzy Memories is beautiful Dawn I know your Sister loves it. Talon is just to cute. Give him kisses for me.

Debbie-Whew I love that daylily very nice.

Marea-Nice and decorative thanks for sharing.

Shirley

• mareas
    16 years ago

Oh happy day! So happy all those gifts are being so happily received. I thank you all, too. And THANKS so very much for posting those flower photos, Debbie & Jenna & Dawn. Been grinning so long my face hurts now...

Debbie, the sisters i have to your gonna-be-extraordinary Huckeberry baby just began to bloom today, with this first one being the fan that bloomed last year. Probably every fan will look different!? I got some photos i really liked last year, but here is my water-stressed one today:
    {{gwi:1270796}}

Shirley, more photos lady - I love seeing your fab gardens...

I'm so excited! I just found out that the little town I live a couple miles outside of is going to hold it's annual MINT FESTIVAL & FROG JUMP in 2 weeks!! I will post photos. ~m'

• luvmybulbs
    16 years ago

Happy 4th a couple of days late. Here are my boys on the right and my friends sons at the Fair St. Louis Parade

http://photobucket.com"; target="_blank">

• mamabirrd
    16 years ago

Angie, what a handsome, patriotic group of pals! The boys sure look like they are getting big. Thanks for showing us!

Marea, i'm jealous! Mint festival & frog jumping! You MUST post pics. What fun!

Just wanted to pop in for a quick update....

Baby Talon is doing so good. He had his 7 week birthday yesterday! The nights have been wonderful for about the last 2 weeks.....he's been sleeping for 5,6,& 7 hour stretches! Our days are crazy though. No schedule whatsoever and you never know what kind of mood he will be in. I'm getting lots more smiles & "happy time" though. : )

And yesterday he grabbed his soft little teddy for the first time and stuck it in his mouth!! lol

The house is coming along....only one more thing to do before we can have the framing inspection done. We are waiting for our interior steps to be delivered...supposed to be at the end of the week. Once DH has them installed we'll be ready to go.

Here is Talon's new tub....

I can't wait 'till he's swimming in there! ; )

DH's plan is to start bricking the house. We have concrete scheduled to come Saturday to do the two back porches. They need done before brickwork can start. We'll have HVAC and hopefully the electrician & plumber start work inside. I say hopefully 'cause DH keeps saying he's going to do the elec. & plumbing himself. I must put my foot down. Sure hope I can talk him into hiring someone or else we may never move in!

Hugs,
    ~Dawn (mamabirrd)

• brittneysgran
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Dawn-Wow Talon changes with each new set of pictures.

Angie-Your boys are so handsome watch out all you young ladies.

This will end this picture thread some have dial-up and can't download all the pictures. Please post on the new thread.

Shirley