Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nyvoices99

UPDATE: 9800---Traveling Daylilies

nyvoices99
16 years ago

This round robin is an extention of a wonderful group of talented , generous and spirited traders, the Traveling Daylilies, who when at all possible trade daylilies. The way into this group is to have traded with at least one of us and to be recommended for membership by one or more members of the group. We are not snobs, we just want to protect each other and you from any game traders... should there be any. If you know any of us, email privately and they will be allowed to get you in on their recommendation. We'd love to have you!

Working on:

Memorial Day Swap

#1-YOUR CHOICE, Anything you think your swapper would like.

#2-YOUR CHOICE, Anything you think your swapper would like.

#3-Any Perennial

#4-Anything With An Angel On It

#5-Any Small Item To Be Placed In Your Swappers Garden

#6-1 Hosta

#7-1 Iris

#8-1 Daylily Of Your Swappers Choice

#9-1 Named Daylily

#10-1 Named Daylily

Shipping by May 25th,

Players are teamed up:

Sherrie & Mary S

Shirley & Canna (Rebecca)

Melissa & Jean

Annie & Jo

Cindy & Anita

Mary Ellen & Carol

Angie & Marea

Please E-mail each other with your choice for #8---Have fun..:)Anita

Comments (108)

• mamabirrd
    16 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Hi everyone!

Thank you all so much for your concern. I have the greatest group of pals here. : )

Just a quickie update, as I am feeling kinda' yucky and need to get to bed.

I saw the doc at 8:30 am and it was pretty much as I expected....no changes. He said the baby is measuring good...a little on the large side....and ready to be born. He told me to come on out into the reception area and we'd get the soonest appointment for an induction at the hospital. Not what I really wanted to do....but at this point i'm ready. Would you believe that they are all booked for the entire week and even next Monday!!! Just my luck. The hosp. said we couldn't try to schedule for next Tuesday until tomorrow a.m. So anyhoo.....the doc's office is going to try their best to get me in for next Tuesday and will call and let me know in the morning.

In the meantime, we're hoping something happens on it's own. I'm almost completely effaced and still only 1cm dilated. The doc massaged my uterus in hopes that would stimulate the contractions a bit more. So far they are pretty much the same. I've had a few strong ones this a.m., but nothing exciting.

I'm not feeling so good. My morning sickness decided to come back a few days ago and i'm just so very tired to top it off.

But hey...i'm not complaining....i'm just ready to have a baby!!

Hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day yesterday. Mine was great until I started feeling sick in the afternoon. DH and I spent the day working on my Mother's Day gift at the new house.

Here is what I got.....

Oh wait....I forgot....I better post the pic over on the T.D. pic thread.

I'll be sure to let you know what the docs office says tomorrow.

Have a great day,
    ~Dawn (mamabirrd)

PS: I'll catch up and post more soon. : )

• mareas
    16 years ago

Dear Mommie Dawnie ~ if you want some easy Iceplant or Sedums for that entry extravaganza, just let me know. Please tell sister Jenna to email me direct about plants for Snazzy Memorial??

I am far off into Phormiums, Coleus, Heucherias and container fun... ~m'

• TakingRoot
    16 years ago

Hi all,

I have a quick question for the experts here:)

Can any one tell me where I might get the following daylily's at a decent price?

Bridey Greeson ( I Gotta Have this one!)
    Rainbow over Georgia
    Red Eye Gravy
    Free Bird
    Land of Cotton
    Popcorn Pete
    Magic Lake
    Moonlit Caress

I have looked around and the prices vary so much, I thought you all could suggest a few sites that may be good.

Dawn, hope you feel better....

Thanks for any leads you can offer.

Jaye

• toomanyanimals
    16 years ago

Dawn,
    Just popped in to see if we had a new baby yet. After reading your note, I wanted to say that when the Doc massaged my uterus and 'rimmed the cervix' he said I would have the baby within 2 days. (baby was overdue). I hadn't even started having contractions yet. On the second day they began. Soooo, I don't think you are going to make it to next Tuesday. :o)

Off to work, everyone have a wonderful day!
    sharon

• mamabirrd
    16 years ago

Thanks for the info. Sharon!

No baby yet....my contractions started to pick up around 5pm yesterday and continued on through the night at a very regular pace. They are a little wee bit stronger. I've also noticed some other unusual sensations, including the very tops of my legs feeling funny. ????

I didn't get much sleep so i'm going back to take a nap. Hopefully the doc's office will call me soon with a date.

My due date is tomorrow.....I hope I go in between now and then! : )

HUGS,
    ~Dawn (mamabirrd)

• onesherri
    16 years ago

I got my box from Mary yesterday and what a treat.:) First of all I want to thank her for the handmade card that just personalized the trade and made it that much more fun.:)
    hostas:
    Lady Guinevera
    Lemon delight
    sitting pretty
    Daylilies:
    Big smile
    Newberry borrowed time
    tenessee flycatcher
    Highland lord
    Perennial:
    Heuchera green spice
    Then there was the tiniest, most pathetic iris that you ever did see. LOL Just teasing Mary, there was nothing wrong with that iris, it has three fans on it. You silly girl. Anyway it was color tart,very pretty. She also sent me plastic tags on all the daylilies and metal ones for the hostas. Mary your box was awesome, thanks.

Did I see correctly that Cindy bought an annual?????? I want you all to know that I have been trying to Give her some of my tropicals every year and she swears me off. NO annuals, they will die. I am so excited to hear what you chose. I am going to turn you into a real gardener yet.:)
    Besides we have to get some different things growing in there for the daylily tour for the convention.:) I just know they are going to visit you and Donna for the tour. How could they not???? Sherri

• mamabirrd
    16 years ago

Forgot to tell Marea thank you. : ) I was thinking Sedum (groundcover types) for the steeper areas of the entrance and we'll have to see about doing a trade in a few weeks. That would be wonderful.
    And i'll let Jenna know to email you. She is working the next two days and is then on vacation for a week so she'll probably have time at that point to head up to Mom's to get on the computer.

My Coleus cuttings from the co-op were pretty much a success.....I lost a few, but ended up with probably around 250 plants out of 300. I don't think i'd have lost any, but I left the humidity tents on one day too long. It was a great deal and I will definately do it again next year.

HUGS,
    ~Dawn (mamabirrd)

• mary_s
    16 years ago

Hello to everyone!

Dawn, I am thinking about you every day. Hope all goes well for you with L&D! So glad you were able to hold off till little Talon got bigger! I am sure you are getting anxious! Do have Jenna let us all know!!!!

Marea, Sounds like you are having a great time checking out all the great area nurseries!

Sherri, Glad to hear you liked your package.Did the little garden angel make it in one piece?

Good to see you back again, Paul!

MaryS

• onesherri
    16 years ago

Mary, the garden angel not only made it in one piece, she found a spot in the garden instantly. I loved it.

Dawn, that is so neat that you made your due date. Looking forward to the new addition.:) Sherri

• luvmybulbs
    16 years ago

Ah, no baby yet!!! Come on Dawn, eat some hot chicken wings, that worked for my first!! I sure hope that baby comes before they induce!!

I received my great box from Marea, thank you again, I forgot how fun it was, it has been so long since I have been able to do an exchange.

I received
    Heliotrope
    Hosta Orange Marmalade
    Lewisia-Little Plum
    Daylily's
    Create your dream
    Ruffles Elegant
    Star struck
    and a cute little frog on Mama G could appreciate :o)

My box should go out Monday to you, I just need to go through the daylilies and see what can be divided. This four nights a week of baseball is killing me. I have no time to do anything.

It looks like everyone is getting great boxes.

Have to go

Angie

• marybz5ny
    16 years ago

No check in from Dawn since early Tuesday morning? Could there be a baby??? Oh Dawn, where are you?
    MaryB

• TakingRoot
    16 years ago

Do we have a baby yet? I'm agree with Mary B.....No word from Dawn since Tuesday. Has Talon made his debut yet? Dawn where are you?

Jaye

• mamabirrd
    16 years ago

Hi everyone!

Sorry to keep you hanging....it has been a rough past few days and I haven't been on the computer.

No baby yet, doggone it! I am officially now past due and we are waiting patiently. My contractions have intensified just a little bit, so I still have hope that he may be here soon. Otherwise, Tuesday is the day I go in for an induction. Keep your fingers crossed that we go in sooner!

We've had all sorts of calamaties the past few days, but the most recent happened yesterday. My kitty Pookie died. I found her downstairs early in the day. It was very unexpected as she had been totally fine. She was old though....almost 16. I've had her since she was a baby. We got her right after we bought this house and it's very strange that she is no longer with us. We buried her up on the hill at the new house.

I need to thank you all for the wonderful surprise I received in yesterday's mail. If it wasn't for the terrible day I had experienced i'd have posted sooner. Thank you all so much for the beautful bunny wall-hanging, 1st birthday bib, & card! It was mailed from Lisa's house & signed "The Traveling Daylilies". The needle point is beautiful and I will post a pic over on the pic thread as soon as I bring my camera back up into the house. It's packed away in my truck in case we have to head to the hospital suddenly. ; )

Thank you, thank you, thank you! You have all been so wonderful throughout this pregnancy and I am lucky to have you as friends.

I'm sorry for taking forever to post. Besides the loss of my kitty, we had a few road bumps over at the new house and just so much going on.....plus, I wasn't feeling good and was trying to sleep. My neck and upper back started bothering me, then I got a sore throat. I am feeling much better now and ready to head to labor & delivery. Talon is wiggling all around in there this morning. I think he's just so cozy. DH and I started bribing him.....we've offered him all sorts of different goodies if he would please come out. : )

I am anxious to take a few pictures from out in the gardens. My weeping Lilac standard is just beautiful this year. Everything is so weed-filled, but all the blooms make up for the mess. I have some Iris starting to open up as well.

Thank you all again, it was so very sweet of you!

I will have Jenna post if something happens before Tuesday.

HUGS,
    ~Dawn (mamabirrd)

• nyvoices99
    Original Author
    16 years ago

(((((Oh Dawn))))
    Please tell Tolan, he is done cooking!!!!
    Hope things get better for you, I know they will:)

Quick post to let Lisa & Cindy know I got my boxes, when I have an extra HOUR to post contents I will, don't right now, as all my Daylily orders are rolling in & I got my box of 400 annuals from North Country farms I need to tend to, off & potting:)

MaryB,
    I heard from Jo, she is coming up Saturday...RIGHT JO!!!

Have a great day all, I need to get my fat butt busy..:)Anita

P.S Paul, sorry I keep forgetting to tell you I got my Orchids, Thank you so much:)

• pchanggeo
    16 years ago

Talon sounds very smart already... he's holding out for a promise of a X-Box 360 :-). Sorry about your kitty Dawn.

I have a couple of plumeria cuttings if anyone is interested. These are cuttings, so you'll have to root them yourself. They are unknow, but most likely "celadine" which is a white flower with yellow center and smells citrusy. Would love one or two spider daylilies or collarette dahlias in trade.

Thanks,
    Paul

• namso
    16 years ago

((((Dawn))))......i check in here most days even if no time to post. hoping soon for you :)...

quick checkin: Extras on incoming daylilies, thought id try here ist:
    SF only:
    Goodbye General Custer
    So Many Stars
    Christine Dixon (med)
    Stroke of Brillance (med)

email me if interested. mostly looking for other daylilies, im working on a revised bed. tets only unless its a spider on a mini or on want list. but im weak on dl and hosta. these need to be in the mail very soon...or they will be in ground.

paul - wish i could grow those :)

• bourret
    16 years ago

Come on out & play Talon! We all want to see you.

Dawn, Please take it easy. Don't overdo with the house. I want you to be as healthy as possible going into Labor.

Lisa

• mellen
    16 years ago

Hello, hello! I received a box filled to the brim from my dear friend, Carol. She shared these with me-

Naked lily bulb
    Hen and Chicks that are huge
    Columbine
    Seattle dahlia-a daily reminder of her
    Pink alstromeria
    Daylilies-
    Serena Sunspot
    Santiago Heat
    Siloam David Kirchoff
    Savannah Debutante
    and 2 extras without names

Her angel to me will be coming later. Of course, I am thrilled to pieces with everything. Thank you my dear friend. She and I agreed early on that I would not be sending her box until after she gets moved into her new home. That will be sometime in June. It was her choice.

Dawn, can hardly wait to hear some good news and see pics of your new little boy.

I need to get to bed. Mary Ellen

• User
    16 years ago

Baby alert: Friday 5:52 am EST.
    No news.
    Will check back.

• veeja11
    16 years ago

Where Is Talon???didn't the sex work. Men seem to think it will cure everything Paul. Mellen I'm glad your box arrived
    another will go out soon, please don't send mine until I am moved. hope everything is healthy and happy. I have lots blooming and hope to find my camera and get some pics tomorrow. If the Iris I sent you blooms pink it is beverely sills not superstition, they seem to be in the same spot. my babies always came fast so no hints on enticing one, the promise of a pony might work tho. hugs to all

• User
    16 years ago

Baby alert: Saturday 6:13 am EST.
    Still no news. Could Dawn be at the hospital?
    Stay tuned.

• mamabirrd
    16 years ago

Nope....still at home. Talon is "well done" now and my DH thinks he will be born with a beard. LOL
    (Carol, didn't you say that????)

My contractions speed up, then slow down....speed up....slow down. It's enough to drive you crazy. None of the old wives tales worked, but thank you anyway Paul. ; )

I've spent alot of time over the past few days at the new house just resting and watching the window installation. We had them delivered the other day and DH is almost finished already! I think he still has 15 to put in and will probably finish up today if it doesn't rain real hard. He never thought he'd have the roof done before the baby came...so to have the windows almost done is really exciting. He is happy. : )

I don't know about you......but I LOVED the pics Marea posted over on the pic thread of those beautiful, healthy looking Hosta. Marea, how many did you bring home???? : )

Time to hobble back to my bed. Sure would be nice if Talon came today, but at least I know we'll see him this week for sure. : )

HUGS 2 ALL,
    ~Dawn (mamabirrd)

• namso
    16 years ago

Good morning all,

Dawn, hang in there. :). at least it cant be too far off now:). loved your new gate too.

Daylilies above are gone.

Annie, i tried to find out for sure on Shelbys song. no luck. but i dont see any reason it woulndt do well either. Marietta has it for $8. good place. http://www.mariettagardens.com/Catalog/S/Shelbys_Song.htmlea

Marea, oh my!!! what stunning hostas. how lucky you are to have such nice places so close.

Great boxes all.

Cindy

• budsnblooms
    16 years ago

Hi All,

My daughters wedding was yesterday. She was beautiful and I will post the professional photo's in a couple of weeks and I will post my snapshots in our picture forum in a day or two.

I have a request for help please....Last fall and winter, we had several losses in our group and with a little help from me, Susan was heading up getting daylilies ordered for those who we were aware had lost loved ones. I remember that Marea was naming one of her beauties for Snazzy, Jenna's beloved horse. I remember that MaryB. lost a wonderful father-in-law...but then my mind goes blank. I can't remember who else we planned to send daylilies to. The info was saved on my computer, but I have had to do 2 system recoveries and lost all my email along with some of my files and documents.

Now Susan is experiencing computer problems and e-mailed me from the library asking if I would try to get a list of who were to receive daylilies along with the name and relationship of the loved ones. Anyone who still wishes to donate to the daylily fund, will need to paypal me soon. (Cindy, I still have yours in my account).

Please remind me of who I need to send daylilies and e-mail me for the paypal info if you want to donate.

Hang in there Dawn, one look at that handsome son, and the wait, discomfort, and stress will seem little to have endured for such a blessing.

Debbie

• mareas
    16 years ago

Happy Monday everyone! And Happy Talon Week...

Dawn, my condolences on Pookie's passing over. Kitty angel.

Debbie ~ Welcome back! Congratulations on your new son in law and on living through the wedding! I'm so looking forward to photos!
    **Mailing Jenna the 'Snazzy Memories' for her Memorial Garden today [still blushing & rueing the day that Dawn saw those organizational emails & started up that thanking me instead of knowing that the donated seedling & registration was from all of us]

Carol, where are you moving TO? Isn't packing fun? Do you have your immense miniature rose collection all potted? I was a procrastinator & didn't get my favorite hybrid tea dug until the day we moved, then poor 'Fragrant Plum' sat in a burlap bag for at least a week, but she's blooming already. The plants were sure sturdier than i was!

Cindy, am relieved to hear somebody beat me to swapping with you! But I do have 'Create Your Dream' & 'Rincon Del Mar' potted up to trade this Spring...

Jaye, the closest I can come to affording that $200+ 'Bridey Greeson' is her pod parent 'Create Your Dream' & brother 'Destined To See'... I always check the Lily Auction first when I go looking, but highly recommended slightlydifferentnursery.com for healthy plants worth the price.

Paul, my Plumeria has managed to survive her first Winter with me and has tiny buds of something coming from a couple places now, but I don't feel ready to torture another one yet. I have been meaning to email you to let you know I will be HAPPY to send you back some of the clump of Aeonium Arboreum that's become of the cutting you sent me, as well as those fancy Epi's - just let me know you want them & they're in the mail!

Omigawd you guys! Aren't those mature hosta just awesome? I was completely overwhelmed by thousands of iris, peonies and hosta that day & didn't bring home even one plant. But there is another fabulous nursery just 4 miles away from me that is an even greater danger! Been VERY, VERY good so far have splurged just a little on 5 hosta, 5 coleus, 2 tomatoes & 1 heuchera. But there is a 'Black Jack' canna & a 'Terra Cotta' Phormium there that are just calling my name over & over... this IS gonna be a struggle, LOL!

Speaking of which, with 198 new Iris added to her already fabulous collection, Shirley is definitely our Iris Queen, but if anybody wants to go in with me on Schreiner's and/or Snowpeaks orders we will get at least the 20% discounts, along with your reduced shipping costs with me sending... Did you know there are Iris that are nearly dinner plate size with what looks like clouds of whipped cream on top? Or that they come in every color of the rainbow and beyond? I have to go back again and just make my list up this time when I'm not so emotional in response to the sheer magnificence. Adding a couple more iris photos to the pic post...

And then back to waiting for Talon, marea

• mamabirrd
    16 years ago

Today is the day. Yay!!!!! It's time for Talon James!

Hugs to you all,
    ~Dawn (mamabirrd)

• marybz5ny
    16 years ago

Good Morning Dawn (and everyone else),
    Yayyy! Tuesday is finally here! Sorry you didn't go before this on your own, but once you have that sweet baby in your arms later today it won't matter a bit how he got here. I know we'll all be thinking of you today and saying a little prayer that all goes quickly and easily for you. **May 22** - that has such a nice ring to it for a birthday! Can't wait to see pictures in a few days! Hope we hear from Jason or Jenna sometime today or tomorrow with details.
    LOVE YOU!
    MaryB

• User
    16 years ago

* * * * * BABY ALERT * * * BABY ALERT * * *
    Blast-off day
    May 22, 2007
    Traveling Daylilies: everyone hit their knees and pray for an uncomplicated delivery and a healthy, beautiful Talon James.

We're all with you today, Dawn, cheering you on. Write when you can and enjoy the journey.

• cheerpeople
    16 years ago

I was able to successsfully get some pics loaded of our NEW BABY.
    They are on the top of the photo section called
    plant loving animals.
    Gatling was born on mother's day! We, as a family, got to watch the miracle of birth! He's for sale - get you check books:)
    Also garden pics posted in great garden pics section. The ones that look cool-- ;-0

It's such a nice busy time of year.
    Hope everyone is well-
    It's your turn now Dawn:)

Karen

• nyvoices99
    Original Author
    16 years ago

(((((Dawn)))))
    Wishing you & Jason the best of luck today, I know everything will be the best it can be.

Have a great day all...:)Anita

• cannahavana
    16 years ago

Love you Dawn! I am thinking of you and on pins and needles and pacing the floor waiting for news!

Canna

• TakingRoot
    16 years ago

Dawn,

on a safe and uncomplicated delivery of a healthy baby boy....... TALON!

Jaye

• brittneysgran
    16 years ago

Karen-Congratulations on Gatling's arrival on Mothers Day.
    Will have to look up those pictures.

Dawn-Yeah...Todays the day....Can't wait to see little Talon. Praying everything goes extra smooth for you.

Cindy-Hate I missed out on those offered daylilies...will have to be quicker next time.

Shirley

• raggedyann161420
    16 years ago

Hello All!

I was just checking in to see if there was any news of baby Talon yet. Dawn I hope you have a quick labor and delivery.

I will post more later.
    LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• namso
    16 years ago

Tiny catchup....

Dawn, thought of you all day. hope you and baby talon are well and BIG Congrat's are in order by now :).......

Debbie, so nice to see you post. Congrats to your DD and your family! as well. looking forward to your pics. info: Know our Shirley lost her dad as well...

be back soon.

cindy

• nyvoices99
    Original Author
    16 years ago

((((Dawn))))
    ((((Tolan))))
    ((((Jason))))
    We must know what is going on!!!!!

• toomanyanimals
    16 years ago

Just poking in to see how the happy new family is doing.
    Said a quick prayer for you this morning, Dawn.

I liked what Diane said, "... enjoy the journey."
    Thats the secret of life ... isn't it?
    sharon

• nyvoices99
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Still nothing?

• luvmybulbs
    16 years ago

Dawn, I hope everything went ok and you are holding Talon now. I have been thinking of you all day. Enjoy your time with that sweet baby and take care. We can't wait for pictures!

Angie

• auntiebirrd
    16 years ago

Hello Everyone,
    Just wanted to let you know that Talon James was born yesterday at 3:01 pm. Things moved along very quickly. He is 8lbs 7 oz, 21 inches, and very healthy. I'm sure Dawn will be excited to give you all the details. I sent a picture from my cell phone to Marea's email and asked her to forward it to you all. More pictures will be on the way.
    Jenna (auntiebirrd)

• mareas
    16 years ago

HURRAH !! HE'S HERE!!
    Some of you didn't get my email - email me with your new addy if you want to see...

• dirtpig
    16 years ago

Waiting on Pictures of Talon...can't wait to see him..
    Congratulation Dawn...smiles..but you can't get enough of him how..HUGS

Does any one have Melissa email..I've email her twice now and haven't heard a thing back from her..Just want to tell her,that her box is going to be late..Sorry its been raining for the last week and its still raining.Its just to wet and cold to being playing in the mud for me,sigh
    Sorry hun...but you will get it..smiles.

Jean

OH CONGRATULATIONS DAWN!!!!

• bourret
    16 years ago

WE HAVE A BABY!!!! CONGRATULATIONS DAWN!!

Lisa

• nyvoices99
    Original Author
    16 years ago

CONGRATULATIONS DAWN & JASON:) Welcome Tolan:)
    Aunt Anita off to cry, I am so happy for you Dawn:)

• cannahavana
    16 years ago

Oh yay! Thank you Jenna and Marea! I am so happy to hear that he arrived safely and all is well! Happy Birthday Talon!

Who would have thought 9900 posts ago, we would be celebrating a new life in our group!

~Happy Aunt Canna

• TakingRoot
    16 years ago

MOMMY DAWN,

Glad everything went well and that everyone is ok.
    What a true blessing you have just experienced and an angel you have received........

TALON IS PART OF THE TD ANGELS NOW!

Jaye

• mary_s
    16 years ago

Oh Dawn, what great news! So glad all went OK! He was a big boy! Congratulations to you all! Just saw the picture. Talon sure is bright and alert. What a cutie pie! That picture says it all!
    Enjoy your new little bundle of joy.....they grow up way too fast!MaryS

• nyvoices99
    Original Author
    16 years ago

MaryS, I cant find Tolans Pic, HELP, I NEEEED to see him..
    :)Anita

• pchanggeo
    16 years ago

CONGRATULATIONS!!!color>

He's a handsome boy :-).

Paul

• jaceysgranny
    16 years ago

Congratulations to the new Mommy and Daddy! I know you're happy snuggling that little cutie. Just wish we could all get a chance to have some of those sweet baby hugs.

Nancy