Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
grovespirit

UPDATE: seed giveaway robin

grovespirit
17 years ago

THis round robin is now closed to any new participants.

We will have 25 participants since hummingbirddaisy (Tina) and bogartbaby are donating some seeds. Thanks to bogartbaby, we now will have enough seeds for 25 people to each remove 16 packs. :)

This robin is not open to anyone who does not live in the USA. If I get a non-USA address, or if I don't get your address by May 10, I'll try to find someone else to give that spot to.

I need addresses for the following participants so I can put the address list in the box! A * by your name means I have the addy.

1. nitelite/ Carrie Ann * (received)

2. Azura/ Jill

3. mamakizu

4. gardeningwitch

5. bogartbaby *

6. chassidys mommy/ Melissa

7. sandy_s

8. debbya *

9. kayan

1. disgett/Dale
  2. pansysoup
  3. inbirdlady
  4. misspoiled 25/ Millie
  5. snboyken
  6. easttexasgirl/Lisa
  7. franky099
  8. lace
  9. gardenmaker/Connie
  10. raven08603
  11. baci
  12. hummingbirddaisy/Tina
  13. simplylisa (Lisa & Kayla)
  14. tastefullyjulie
  15. maureen
  16. lizinnh

Once again, If there isn't a * by your name I need your address. Please email it to me. I don't plan to individually pester folks for addresses. If I don't get an addy in my email by May 10, I'll just see if I can find a gardener who is more communicative for that spot. Going wisdom regarding people who don't email their addy promptly is that they also tend to not communicate in this forum about the status of the robin- and for all of our benefit I'd like to avoid that situation.

Thanks!

grovespirit

Comments (139)

• pansysoup
    17 years ago

I'm moving in two weeks and am still several people down the list. Bummer is, all I wanted to do was ADD 200 packets of extra seeds.

What to do? Skip me? Put my surplus up for SASE?

Can the person who has it now send it to me next, then I'll send it to the next person who was supposed to get it?

I just want to share these seeds, and they sure aren't going to do Grovespirit any good in Hawaii.

Suggestions?

• disgett
    17 years ago

Pansysoup if you aren't going to take any seed out and only put seeds in why don't you just mail the seeds you are generously donating on to the next person is going to get the RR next. Also it will save you money in mailing fees. I am next after Melissa/chassiysmommy. Just my thoughts. Dale/disgett

• chassidysmommy
    17 years ago

I received the robin yesterday and it will be out with Mondays mail! Lots of great seeds still left! The confirmation number is 9101010521297188964639

Check the package status with Stamps.com:

Pansysoup - If you want to send the seeds my way, I'll do another seed round robin when this one ends. Let me know,
    Melissa

• disgett
    17 years ago

Melissa that was fast!! Dale/disgett

• bogartbaby
    17 years ago

Hi Pansysoup/Mia
    Since you are moving shortly and just want to add seeds to the box, may I suggest just sending the seeds to disgett/Dale since she is next on the list just to make sure there will be plenty of seeds to go around. If Grovespirit does not want the seeds back maybe misspoiled25/Millie(she is last on the list) can sent the rest on to chassiysmommy/Melissa for the next robin. I know that SASBE's can be slow to arrive in your mailbox and with you moving so soon could turn into a big headache.
    If you don't mind I will e-mail azura/Jill and tell her to forward the robin on to kayan/Mary. Since this robin was on hold for quit some time, this should speed things up a bit for the rest of the participants waiting so patiently.
    If I was moving I sure would not want to worry about a seed box arriving at the last minute and than having to run to the post office. We have some great people in this group and I'm sure that all would agree to thank you for your generous and kind offer. Good luck on your move and I hope everything goes smooth for you.

• disgett
    17 years ago

Hi The robin landed today. I am going thru the RR now, it needs to be refreshed so I will add some seeds and pass on later this week. I am going to be out of town tomorrow. Dale/disgett

• bogartbaby
    17 years ago

Wow, that was fast!!! We need a roll call!
    Azura/Jill
    kayan/Mary
    mamakizu/Bonnie
    simplylisa/Lisa
    misspoiled25/Millie
    Please post here if you are still interested in receiving this RR. We just want to make sure that your address is still the same. Deadline for posting is Sunday Aug.20th.
    If you don't post, you will be skipped and the robin will move on to the next person on the list. According to Dale, there is still plenty of seed packets in the robin, after she refreshes it there should be some nice seeds to pick from. Dale, thank you for your generosity and kindness!!
    It looks like the robin will be in flight again on Monday. Azura/Jill it will be flying your way!

• simplylisa
    17 years ago

I am still here, address is still the same also. I have been havign some health problems but I am slowly getting back into the swing of things. Can't wait to see wants in the box.

Hugs,
    Lisa & Kayla

• Azura
    17 years ago

Im here & my address is the same. I'm awaiting the package eagerly! I'm a rr newbie, this is my first time!
    Thank you to everyone who has donated seeds, I appreciate your generousity!

• disgett
    17 years ago

Azura I am glad you posted---you are next on the list. In case y'all are interested so far I have added some Nicandra/Shoo Fly, Lilac LeFleur Datura, red milkweed, pink impatiens, Love in a Mist, etc. Dale/disgett

• mamakizu
    17 years ago

Hi! I'm still here, too! Been checking every so often but didn't know if this day would ever get here...ya know??? Please send that ole box my way; I'd love to get a belated suprise!!!-mamakizu

• bogartbaby
    17 years ago

Lisa, Jill and Bonnie, glad to see you posted. Lisa sorry to hear about your health, wishing you a speedy recovery! Jill, you should have the box by the end of next week at the latest. Still waiting to hear from Kayan and Misspoiled25. Bonnie, if Kayan does not post then you are next in line. Hey, after all this robin has been through I figure "Better late than never" right?....
    Dale, I got your e-mail! Thanks for adding more seeds to the robin. You are a very kind and generous person. I just want everyone to know that without Dale's hard work and invesigative skills, this robin would have been a dead bird some time back! Thanks for the Robin rescue!!!!!

• disgett
    17 years ago

I have the Robin ready to fly and it will go out Monday with the list of who else will get the RR. Do we still want to send it Priority mail---It would probably be cheaper to send regular mail and sometimes gets there just as quick. Let's decide. Dale/disgett

• kayan
    17 years ago

Goodness I decided to check out of curiosity! I had pretty much given up when the bad news came of the robin going lost. I'm here and still at the same address. Thanks!

• disgett
    17 years ago

Kayan glad you checked in. Dale/disgett

• disgett
    17 years ago

I am waiting to hear who's name/address for the last person SimplyLisa/Lisa to return the RR. I will mail RR to Azura/Jill as soon as I get the info. Dale/disgett

• disgett
    17 years ago

I mailed the RR to Azura today---conf# 0305 0830 0004 1570 0590. Dale/disgett

• Azura
    17 years ago

The robin has landed! I received the package last night, thank you very much for all who have contributed seeds! It felt like Christmas! I will mail it out today and post the confirmation number. The next recipient is Kayan!

• disgett
    17 years ago

Azura-I am glad you liked it, the RR needed refreshing. Did you notice I sent it regular mail and paid for a confirmation notice. It was a little under $4 to ship versus the priority mail rate would have been over $5 with the conf. notice. It went from SC to Co. in 3 days. Yeh!!! Dale/disgett

• bogartbaby
    17 years ago

Azura, thanks for moving the robin on so quick. I hope that all of your seeds sprout for you so you can enjoy their beautiful flowers. Dale, great shipping job. I will try your shipping method next time I sent a package.

• Azura
    17 years ago

Dale, I did notice and admire your shipping method so much that I copied it! Here is the tracking number: 0306 1070 0005 1349 0845 There is not any information available on the tracking number yet but I double checked to make sure I typed it right! Thanks again so much!
    Jill/ Azura

• disgett
    17 years ago

Jill you are welcome. I think as long as we can get a conf# on it that's all that's needed. It went from SC to Colorado in 3 days. I mailed it Tuesday. Hope you got some seeds you will enjoy. Dale/disgett

• kayan
    17 years ago

Hooray! I'll be watching out and post when the robin lands! I've never done this before and am a tad confused about the directions since so much happened and changed- are there instructions inside? Eheh...

• disgett
    17 years ago

Kayan all you do is follow instructions in the letter. I think you select up to 26 packets of seed. Then send it on the next person on the list posting the confirmation tracking # from the Post Office when you mail the package. Hope you enjoy. Dale/disgett

• kayan
    17 years ago

The robin has landed! She will take flight again on Friday when I have the day off from work (hope no one minds). Thanks to everyone who has made the RR so awesome- this is a great community! :)

• disgett
    17 years ago

Kayan glad there were some seeds you liked. There are only two more left in the RR if my memory serves me correct. I love RR's. Dale/disgett

• kayan
    17 years ago

The robin was sent on her way yesterday. Confirmation number: 0306 1070 0005 3297 5842 Happy gardening, everyone!

• disgett
    17 years ago

Great!! Dale/disgett

• mamakizu
    17 years ago

Lisa-Hi! I received the Round Robin and will probably be able to send it out tomorrow morning...you should get an E-mail from me, too...I'd like to also send you my own package filled with goodies(hand-made soaps for you & the spoiler, special little something for your sweet girl(Does she like Hello Kitty?-I've made some necklaces in pink or blue) and some seed packs for next years garden(still have unopened 2006 seed packs from Renee's Garden and such. You know...those that come last Shall come first, sort of!...Bonnie

• disgett
    17 years ago

Glad the RR has moved along. Dale/disgett

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

Wow, I'm glad to see that the robin traveled so well after all! Good job!

Deb

• bogartbaby
    17 years ago

Lisa, watch out! This robin is in turbo speed, should be landing at your door any day now. Please let us know when you receive it.
    Deanie

• simplylisa
    17 years ago

hi guys,
    Sorry I haven't responded. Things have been craxy here. I have been trying to pack boxes to move and make the house look perfect so that it will sell fast. Thanks to some very sever money problems we have come to the point that it is either sell fast or lose it to a foreclosure which I definetely don't want to do. now to better topics,

Mammakizu,
    Kayla loves Hello Kitty and the color pink is one of her favorites, next to purple, lol. it is so sweet of you to want to send her a little something, it is very much appreciated but please don't feel that you have to.

Deanie,
    Kayla & I will be on the lookout for the RR. Can't wait!! We have been in several RR that failed miserabely at least for us. Was supposed to get 5 differetn boxes in July and managed to get 1. LOL So Kayla will be very excited when this one comes through the mailhouse ( her name for the PO).

Well I am off to try and pack some more clutter to go in storage and try to figure out which plants I can manage to take with me. Will try to post more often if things ever settle down. Love ya all.

Hugs,
    Lisa & Kayla

• simplylisa
    17 years ago

Hello? Anyone out there? Just giving this a bump.

Hugs,
    Lisa & Kayla

PS No sign of the RR yet.

• mamakizu
    17 years ago

Hi Lisa...
    Great to hear from you...I'll send Kayla the purple Hello Kitty and the seeds...all will go off tomorrow...just waiting to hear from you. Very sorry to hear your foreclosure news, Bonnie

• baci
    17 years ago

I do not check this forum very often, but I see this rr is still going on. If anyone needs to e-mail me about this robin please e-mail me if I do not respond to the post. Thanks.

• bogartbaby
    17 years ago

Lisa, did the robin land at your house yet???

• simplylisa
    17 years ago

Nope haven't seen hide nor hair of it. Did we have a conf # on it? Has anyone heard from mamakizu? My PC has been down so I though I might have just missed a post about a delay but now that I'm back on I see there isn't one. If it ever shows up I will be sure and let everyone know. I'm so glad i didn't tell Kayla about it being on it's way. So many boxes in July & August didn't show that I've gotten afraid to get her hopes up anymore. I'm glad you posted though I was beginning to think I was the only one still worried about it. LOL

Hugs,
    Lisa & Kayla

• beth_b_kodiak
    17 years ago

I'm not in this robbin but I am amazed that you gals have kept it going like this. There are so many great folks on this forum !!???!!
    It was a neat thing for Grove Spirit to start this off but where has she disapeared to?? The hostess generally keeps track of the little bird especially when she gets lost or off track. Just wanting to wish you gardeners and the birdie the best of luck.
    Beth B

• bogartbaby
    17 years ago

Bonnie, would you please post the DC# of the robin that you sent to Lisa. If you did not get a chance to send it yet, please let us now when by posting. Thanks
    Deanie

• simplylisa
    17 years ago

Is anyone else still out there? Mamakizu? I still have not seen the RR. Has it been sent yet? Is everything OK? Just checking in and bumping this up a bit.

Lisa & Kayla

• beth_b_kodiak
    17 years ago

Has anyone contacted Mamakizu direct in case she is no longer watching this thread?
    I'll try to contact her.

• simplylisa
    17 years ago

Has anyone heard from anybody? Is anybody still around? Beth, Did you have any luck contacting Mamakizu? Ido hope everything is ok at her house? Seems like there has been so much bad luck with everyone lately.

Hugs,
    Lisa & Kayla

• beth_b_kodiak
    17 years ago

Lisa, I sent her an email but did not get any answer. I'll look for her street address. I think I had it for a swap last year but don't know that I had any reason to save it.
    You're right about the bad luck. Think I'll be glad to see a new year start.
    BB

• simplylisa
    17 years ago

bump

Still no box :(

Hugs,
    Lisa & Kayla

• simplylisa
    17 years ago

bump

Still hopeful.

Hugs,
    Lisa & Kayla

• grovespirit
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi all,

Sorry about not being a regular poster to this thread. My computer died shortly after the robin took flight, and I didn't have enough money to fix or replace it until recently. Thanks to everyone who helped keep the robin flying as long as possible.

• beth_b_kodiak
    16 years ago

Just saw a post from mamakizu over on the seed forum and thought maybe it was time to bring this back up to the top.
    bump

• Lisa
    16 years ago

I am so sad to hear of mamakizu not forwarding to RR on to the next person. That has to be the most disappointing feeling. I am bumping this up so maybe if she sees it she will contact simplylisa.

• simplylisa
    16 years ago

Thank you Beth & Lisa for thinking fo my dissappointment. This is one of the reasons I trade less on here and post even more rarely. The most dissappointing thing i think was the offer of a bracelet for Kayla. Makes me wonder why someone would offer something unexpected an unasked for only to turn around and not send anything. That's the main reason I don't tell Kayla about stuff coming in the mail for her anymore. I just mail her little packages myself when I can afford the postage. Can you believe the post office wil charge me full postage for a package when I hand it to him at the counter and he knows it is going straight in my PO Box. I pay just as much to send it across country as I do for him to walk the 10 feet to the Box. We can actually go check the mail on the same trip and it will be in there before we leave. Crazy ain't it. LOL But it's worth it Kayla just loves getting her Garden mail as she calls it. LOL Ok I'll go back to my little quiet corner now. I just wanted to let you guys know how much I appreciated your thoughtfulness and if (not holding my breath though) it every shows up i will post and send it on to the next one if I can figure out who that is LOL

Hugs,
    Lisa & Kayla