Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tracyvine

NEW: Pedal Pushers: Summer Picnic at the Beach

tracyvine
15 years ago

This month's theme is based on our favorite picnic foods, summer treats, and fun with friends! Send your partner plants with yummy names like Key Lime Pie Heuchera, Cherry Daylily, Apple Blossom Phlox, etc.

Be creative as you like with your plants! Maybe your partner would like some of those wonderful vegetable plants that you started in your garden. Send some tasty recipes for picnic foods along with your plants too!

Please try to send one food named plant as well as some of your partners wishes from their trade list. If you don't have any fun food named plants to share then please join us anyway! Sharing stories and plants is what we do best! This is a swap for plants primarily, seeds are welcome but are considered as little extras.

Share some of your favorite picnic or vacation stories with us! The best story will win a surprise box from me

Sign Ups will be until June 10th. Please update your trade lists before partners are posted on June 11th. Send me an email with your mailing address. The mailing date deadline is June 24th. Please make sure to send your boxes Priority and to post Delivery Confirmation once it is mailed out.

Comments (140)

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    15 years ago

Karen,
    I'm so glad that you liked what I sent you. I would love to have those plants too... hmmm, I do have those too! Thank you for letting me play, I had fun shopping for the plants. Finding your state flower, I just got lucky! I got one for me too!
    Tracy,
    As I told you before, I had gardens, they just weren't fine tuned. I'm working on placement and having more than one of everything. I have a tendency to buy just one but I have been buying in multiples lately. I have found some great buys at my local Lowes store which has made it easier on the wallet. I'm off tomorrow and for fun I'll take count of my different varieties of plants. I did post pics on that other thread you had mentioned to me last week. Please don't poke fun at the mulch,I have never used it before but I couldn't get a grip on the weeds and had tp put down cardboard to smother them out. I hope to take out the mulch next season and return to using compost and peat moss.
    I'm off to cook dinner. Have a great night l;adies.

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Dee, that is a great box that you got from Karen. That is too funny on the plANTain lily hosta! lol!

Lisa, I didn't realize you put it on the OBF picture thread. I kept looking at the Sharing June Pictures thread. Woops! I took a peak over there and I really like the red mulch. I think you did a very nice job.
    I love how everything looks. I won't pick on you for the cardboard, never in a million years. I might have to borrow that idea since I have so many maple trees taking root in my shade garden. We finally got fed up and threw mulch down on top of them. I kept pulling and pulling to no avail with the weeds! Sorry, I didn't mean to make it sound like you didn't have many plants before. I was only commenting on how much you have added this year with the swap meet and the deals you've been finding at the stores.

I finally finished my front flower bed today. I don't know if I had shared the story before but I will tell it again. When we bought this house 3 years ago the previous owner put down plastic and mulched over the entire front bed of the house. Turns out that there was a huge morning glory problem. They started peaking through the mulch after a few months of us moving in and choked out some plant and bushes over the years. I had tried everything to get rid of them. Pulling, weed killer, finally we gave up and tore all the plants out and the bushes. We removed all the mulch, plastic and every last morning glory we could find and then sprayed with the 4 month weed prevention. We brought in new dirt and humus to amend the dirt and made some new trellises for my clematis. I was getting ready to plant them and found more MG roots! So I dug the entire bed down to the clay and hand picked the roots out. They look like fat spaghetti noodles. I almost hate to ever see spaghetti ever again! Finally, today we planted all the new shrubs, clematis, flowers, winter sown coneflowers and it is DONE! Now I am going to collapse into the couch!

Have a good night!

Tracy

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    15 years ago

Tracy,
    I've heard that about morning glories but didn't realize what a nuasance they could be. I was ready a post not long ago onthe garden web about them. I must have gotten lucky because I grew them last year in a rocky area by my pool and didn't have another show up this year. It's kind of nice that you got to start from scratch. I do hope that you post pictures for us to see.
    If there's one thing I dislike about the computer is that when someone makes a statment there's no tonality. I hope you didn't think I was being negative. I was simply stating that I did have plants before this year.
    I'm wiped out myself. I worked all day,planted a bit and went for an hour ride to pick up my sons gf to spend the night. We will have a girls day tomorrow, my daughter is home for the week. I'll take them for manicures,lunch and some shopping on me, maybe I can talk them onto popping into Lowes:]

Have a great night ladies

Karen,
    did I pack the plants okay? It was a first for me.

• happyseed
    15 years ago

Hello to all, Sorry that I have been missing lately. It is hot and dry here in the mountains.

Lisa, I have your box ready to ship in the morning. Your confirmation number is:

0305 0830 0004 1755 5648

Have a good weekend ladies, Sonja

• nikkineel
    15 years ago

Hi all! Sounds like everyone is finishing up the swap. The deadline for sending crept up on me. I am sending my box on Monday. I hate to send things at the end of the week. It's hot here in Ga. I've already emailed and Sonja and told her of my blunder. Yall have a great week! Nikki

• karenh71867
    15 years ago

Lisa, you packed everything like a pro! I was going to put that in my first post and forgot. (I was too excited about my plants!) The plants were still fresh and moist, nothing leaked, you did great! I planted everything tonight, and made a note to also mention that you sent very nice divisions!!

Dee, I'm glad you liked my box. I really wish I had some neat named flowers that I could have sent you. I wish I had some better places to shop around here!! lol Im from such a small town.

Well, I better get going and get to bed. Morning comes much too fast!

Karen

• sassyd
    15 years ago

Hey everybody, quick scan of the posts, looks like some nice boxes girls! Glad you are all having fun getting them. Please don't forget to let me know about a cookbook swap next month, whether you want in or not just let me know please....

Tracy........get some rest!

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Rubbing my eyes... Wondering what happened... I woke up on the couch this morning... the last thing I remember was part of CSI: NY... Yawn, Stretch!!!! I feel much better now. I completely zonked last night. I should have just crawled into bed after I posted. Sheeze. lol!

Nikki, glad to see you. I think you are smart for waiting to send on Monday. It's just too hot letting those plants sit in boxes over the weekend. I like to poke a few holes in the boxes to let the heat escape this time of year. It seemed to help last summer. I didn't have any soupy plants going to partners! Yay!

Lisa, I was just a little worried that I may have sounded condescending. I do hate that we can't see each other's expressions and hear tones in postings. Makes a girl worry every now and again. Thanks! :o) (((hugs))) I will post some pix after this weekend. It is going to be nuts for a little while until then. I have to go to the east side today to pick up focaccia bread for the party. Only one place in town carries it and boy is it worth the trip.

Hi Sonja! How have you been doing? What's new in the gardens? Thanks for posting the dc! Can't wait to see what Lisa gets!

Does everyone know about the rate and review forum? Please post over there under your sender's name after you receive your plants and post a comment letting other traders know what lovely plants you received. That way other GW members will see what good people we have that are dependable and generous traders.

Tracy

• deeinflorida
    15 years ago

I am in for the cookbook swap.
    Nikki, I hope you get your box today.

• pat_6
    15 years ago

I'd like to participate if there's a cookbook swap next month. Pat

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    15 years ago

Sonja,
    I'm looking forward to getting your package. This will be a first for me. I'll post as soon as I get it. Thank you!
    Lisa

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    15 years ago

Sonja,
    I got my package today. It had 6 dahlia bulbs,10 glad bulbs,some seeds,gloves and a bowl set and plates in a bright green color. She also sent a division of a plant with purple flowers. I'll need some info on this, I don't know what it is. Thank you Sonja for my very first round robin package. Lisa

• happyseed
    15 years ago

Hi Lisa and all, I wish it had been more but I just haven't been my usual this month. I will email you privately about the division. Warning Lisa, this can become addictive. Have a good weekend, Sonja

• sandlapper_rose
    15 years ago

Hi, all! Sassy, I'm sorry but I wont' be doing a July Swap. I have a few things planned for going out of town and getting some things taken care of inside the house and the month is going to fly by. Have fun with it and if we can ever get some rain here, hopefully I can get back into swapping plants. There is rain falling in the area, but it misses us every time. When I drove home from church, the rain had stopped at the house that is kitty corner behind us. Oh, I was so mad!!!
    Jeanne

• pixiesluvplants
    15 years ago

Just wanted to post really quick to let ya'll know that I received a wonderful box from Lisa while I was gone, the plants survived! I will list all the plants she sent later tonight. She sent some awesome plants too! This was from last months swap, not to confuse anyone. My box to her will be going out this week. (yeppers we're a tad behind but we have been keeping in touch with each other).

I hope everyone has had a great weekend!

Smiles,
    Pixie

• sassyd
    15 years ago

Pix, glad you had a good trip, we want to hear about it when you can. No problem with you and Lisa, sorry ya'll couldn't meet up. But its not always easy.

Listen, I was going to go ahead and host a cookbook swap for next month, but duh, forgetting my SIL s having back surgery. I will be staying with her at the hospital until she comes home and will have no computer, then I'll be taking care of her at home which, I can then pop in, I'm suggesting that we pick this up in August, with a cookbook swap? Hopefully thats ok with everyone, if not please feel free to host this month, its not like I haven't begged, and Tracy has done her part. I'm afraid I'll be away too much to do it myself as I intended. What ever you girls decide is fine by me.

Tracy, I hope the graduation party went well, knowing you, I'm sure it was wonderful!

Sassy

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    15 years ago

Sonja,
    I don't know if you emailed the info on the division that you sent me or not. If you did, I didn't get it. The plant is sitting in a old nursery pot waiting to go in. Please let me know if it's annual or perennial and sun/shade. Thanks Lisa

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi gang, the grad party went very well. They ate me out of house and home. I was wiped out afterward. The last guest left at 3:45am. Lucky for me, I'm a night owl. lol! It was nice after the party quieted down. A bunch of our old friends hung out late and sat around the fire reminiscing about the old days. It was fun catching up with everyone. My son had a great time, lots of his friends stopped by throughout the day and everyone behaved beautifully. They are a nice bunch of kids. I never even turned my computer on Sunday, I spent the day cleaning up and then relaxing periodically.

Sonja, I will be sending you an email shortly.

Sassy, August is fine with me. I have a book all picked out and ready when you are:o)

Tracy

• karenh71867
    15 years ago

Oops, I asked you about your graduation day on the CPG forum, so you don't have to answer again, Tracy! Sounds like is was a good time for everyone!

I will participate in Augusts' cookbook swap also. Now I have plenty time to find the perfect one!

Have a great day everyone!
    Karen

{{gwi:1271839}}

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi Karen! That's ok, I just posted over there about the party too.

Sassy, I hope your SIL's surgery goes very well. I know how painful back problems can be and am so happy that there is relief in sight for her. You're so good to stay with her through this. She's lucky to have you.

Ok, without further ado... THE WINNER OF THE BEST VACATION STORY ISSSSSSSSSSSSSS.... KAREN!

I will be getting a box of special plants out to you in the next day or two. Now that I am starting to feel like a human being again after the big build up to the party. Yay! I am a free woman again for the rest of summer! Woo HOOO! lol!

Now here is my silly story that happened 10 years ago while we were vacationing at my best friend's parent's property in West Virginia. They have a sprawling 80+ acres in the mountains. We were there with our friend's family, her brother and his friends and all the kids.

The adults were all sitting up late, drinking a little too much and having a great time around the campfire. The kids were all tucked in and sleeping in their tents. Hubby and my best friend decided to take the 4 wheeler out for a ride at 3am. Everyone else decided to call it a night and went to their tents. A few hours later everyone awakens to this horrid howling noise. I can hear the couple in the next tent whispering "what was that", "O My Gawd! I think it's a wolf!" The lady sends her hubby out to check out the camp to fend off the invading howling wolf! Suddenly we hear the howling much, much closer. He yelps and runs for the tent, she zipped it behind him when he went out, he bounces off the closed flaps and thuds to the dirt as he tried to jump inside and starts screaming for her to open up!!!! "Let me IN", She is shrieking in a panic and finally unzips the flaps and then I hear it zip shut with a quickness!

All the while the other terrified campers are scrambling and worrying and making noise to make the wolf go away I am sitting in my tent laughing myself silly because only I know that the howling wolf out there in the darkness is my extremely drunk husband riding around on the 4 wheeler having the time of his life and is WHOOOO HOOOO'ing his brains out. I love being the only sober person in a crowd.

• karenh71867
    15 years ago

:) Yippee! Thank You Tracy! I'm so excited!! I'll be watching for it.

Too funny of a story Tracy! Yes, sometimes being the only sober one, can be a benefit!! You should have had a video camera, even if it would have been hard to see in the dark, at least you could have captured the sounds! Thank Heavens we didn't own a video camera back during the 'shell' incident, or my hubby would have probably video taped my sea shell searching adventure.

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Karen, you are very welcome! Your story had me giggling pretty good. I still start smiling when I think of those guys tossing out the oyster shells onto the beach! Ugh! You should be properly compensated for that darn hubby outing his antics when you came home to visit with the family! lol!

Lisa, I have some pictures from the front flower bed re-do for you. I have one from before when we were in the middle of the tear out with all the shrubs and morning glories and the rest are of the final (yeah right) product. Here ya go!

During tear out:

I left the pictures on the large side because all the plants are pretty tiny. Many of them are from my winter sowing this past winter. Hubby made the two trellises for me. I have two tiny clems planted in front of each. I hope to see them start climbing them soon. I have some tiny shrubs in there too. Shamrock Hydrangea, Clethra Alnifolia, and Pussy Willow. Almost all of the echinaceas that I ws'd are in there too. Can't wait for blooms next year on those. I don't know which obsession is worse with me, the clematis, the coneflower or the hosta's at this point. Sheeze! LOL!

We need to paint the house pretty badly. Right now hubby and I can't seem to agree on whether to paint or side it. I want paint. He wants siding. Paint is cheaper... Duh! I'll still lose this battle since he hates to paint. Unless I feel like doing it myself. Which has happened in the past so can't be ruled out. :o)

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    15 years ago

Karen, congrats on winning the prize box!

Tracy,
    I went and looked at your rock garden, it's very nice! mine is beside my pool on an angle with greyish tone rocks as a mulch. I'm thinking more along the sedum and cacti lines for something unusual.

I also saw your shade garden, I think it's beautiful! I'm not a big hosta fan but damn, they look good in there.

I think youe newest bed is pretty but in a year or two, it will be all grown in and awesome.

I have some pics of my work out front and my ws babies, I'll post them and you guys can critique them. There will be no laughing at the orange mulch! I went to work one saturday and told hubby to order mulch and have it delivered for me so I could work on it on Sunday. I have always used peat moss, which is dark as a mulch and the dummy orders me 4 yards of red!!!! It's not an easy thing to return so I'm stuck with it for this year. I don't have the time or the energy to dig it out nor do I have anywhere to put it.

I'm off to clean up and head outside for the day, it's sixty five and damp,perfect time to weed.

Have a great day ladies
    Lisa

• karenh71867
    15 years ago

Tracy, I've been looking at your bed in front of your house, and I'm wondering what you use for mulch? It looks so nice and weed free. The stuff I used this year on my new bed is really letting the weeds come through.

Karen

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Lisa, thank you darlin'! The shade garden went in last summer and I have been adding to it ever since. It is coming together little by little and I am very happy with it now. I didn't like the hosta very much before this. Thought they all looked alike. I think the trick to a shade garden is to find things that will bloom in dappled sunlight to partner with the hosta and ferns. Different textures in between those mounds of green is a big help too. I just had to do something with that section last summer. It was an overgrown weedy mess. I was totally intimidated by it but now it makes me smile.

I hate the way the front looks right now. It looks so bare with all the teeny tiny plants. lol. I am not very patient but need to chill out. The rock garden looks great in the late spring and then looks funky and too green for June. It is just getting ready for it's next flush of color with the coneflower, lilies, coreopsis, gaura, liatris, balloon flower and clematis on the lilac tree. You should hook up with Pixie/Trina for the agave and some of the other cacti. I can't wait to see your pictures! Post them on the larger size (message board size) so we can get a good look. I promise that we won't tease about the orange stuff!

Hey Trina! Send that girl some Texas style plants! lol!

Karen, that mulch is just regular natural dark shredded wood from the local mulch and topsoil wholesaler around the corner from us. The only reason it looks weed free right now is because we just finished it on Thursday last week. I went through it yesterday afternoon and already have teeny tiny morning glory sprouts popping through by the trellis near the porch. Can't tell you how mad that makes me. Stupid weeds! I did make sure it was an inch or so thick so new seeds might have a difficult time setting roots.

• nikkineel
    15 years ago

I finally mailed out Sonja's box. She was such a pleasure to prepare goodies for and very patient with my tardiness. I've sent her an email with the tracking number.
    I received the neatest package from Dee in Florida. I emailed her immediately when I opened it but I'm just now posting the contents.
    She sent the coolest tropical plants:
    Hidden Lily Gingers
    Shampoo Ginger (I have never grown any ginger, so I'm excited to see what these do)
    Mexican Petunia
    Four Oclock
    Canna
    Costa Barbatus
    There was also a plant that appeared to be a cutting. The postit note was smeared and I couldn't see the name. Also, some of the plants were multiples so she sent lots of healthy live plants.
    She also sent a lawn ornament that looked like pieces of citrus (absolutely adorable, my daughter put it in her sunflower hut right away), a neat sign that says "fresh lemonade" and a journal.
    Thanks Dee for a wonderful package!!!

• nyvoices99
    15 years ago

Hi All,
    Wow you all have some great PICS, Love them, wish I had the time to get some of mine, I need 3 of me & I would get things done. Great swap boxes too I see, well off & running, will try to get back sooner next time.. :)Anita

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY SASSY!!!

• nyvoices99
    15 years ago

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SASSY;)

• nikkineel
    15 years ago

Sonya, I hope your box arrived yesterday and that everything was healthy. Keep me posted. Thanks, Nikki
    Happy Birthday Sassy!!!

• pixiesluvplants
    15 years ago

Lisa (Ishare) hope your going to be at home the first of next week and hope ya feel like planting in your rock garden!!!

Sassers, I am definately in for next month!!! You always do great Cookbookers!!!

I haven't been around much but will come back and catch up sometime this week!!!

Hope everyone has a great day!!!,
    Smugs,
    Pixie

• happyseed
    15 years ago

Hi Nikki and all, sorry about not posting. One of my residents passed away and I have been in and out of the house. I recieved the most wonderful package from Nikki. I left a comment on her rate and review and sent her a private email the day it arrived and then rushed back to the facility. Nikki's package arrived with each plant wraped in plastic with beautiful blue ribbon tied around the plants and holding name tags and then wraped in newspaper. She sent:

Veggie Tales Sunflower seeds (large package)
    Plant labels
    Bar of beautiful pink soap
    A note card set
    Old fashioned designed paper clips and push pins for boards
    3 Die cast memo pads
    5 red Crososmia Bulbs
    25 Brecks Dutch Iris Bulbs
    2 Huge clumps of Breaks Thomas Edison Dalia Bulbs
    A gigantic lavender astrilbe
    large Cherry Berry Plaintain Lily (gorgeous and varigated)
    Electri Blue Penstemon
    Custard Candy Daylilies
    Blue Daze Double Balloon Flower
    Lavender balloon flower
    Plumhbago
    White Giant Moon flower
    and others

Thank you so much for a wonderful box. It was and is unbelievable!!! Take care, Sonja

• karenh71867
    15 years ago

What a great box Sonja! The Cherry Berry Plantain Lily sounds wonderful! I've noticed since this swap, that whenever I'm looking through flower catalogues or online flower stores, that the yummy food named cultivers really catch my eye!! Its now more about the name, instead of what the flower looks like! lol I wish I would have had some great named flowers for my partner. I think I will next year!

Take care everyone, and have a great day!

Karen

• happyseed
    15 years ago

The Cherry Berry Plaintain looks beautiful. It has sharper leaves than a hosta but they are longer and more slender but sort of stiff with an unusual hue. The entire box was just absolutely wonderful. It is raining a little here and our area really needs it. Take care, Sonja

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    15 years ago

Pixie, I don't what to say other than,Thank you! Oh, and I always feel like planting. I hope your texas style plants will survive a NE winter. I would hate to take them and them lose them to the cold.

Tracy, I have tried several times to post large pics like you asked for, they're big on my computer and then small hen I get them onto photo bucket.I'm open for suggestions, it's driving me crazy! I still haven't mailed out Tracys treasure, first it was too hot and now I'm looking for more names for you(you want them and ya know it)lol. If I dont find anything over the weekend to add to the box, I'll mail on Monday.

Sonja, What a great box you got, Great job Nikki!

Have a great day
    Lisa

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hey Nikki, that was a fabulous box that you sent to happyseed. Hmmm, now I wish I had been in the exchange! lol!

Woo hoo Trina, can't wait to see what them Texas plants are!

Lisa, don't you worry, she is pretty good at sending the tough ones. Maybe she'll knit them a sweater just in case? lol! Don't you dare go pick up any more plants for me. You are the sweetest but stop!

Hey Sassy! I hope things are going well with your SIL, hope to hear from you soon. We miss you!

Karen, I will be sending your prize box out on Monday. There was a little something that I was having a hard time finding that I really wanted to send with your box. Now I've got it and it will be ready to go after the weekend!
    Hugs,

Tracy

• karenh71867
    15 years ago

Yippee!! I'll be on the look-out!

My central air unit crapped out on us yesterday afternoon, and it is 81 degrees in our house and 84 degrees outside. Its miserable :( and yes, I'm am open today for daycare.
    Someone is suppose to be here at any time to hopefully fix it. After lunch it will be sprinkler time!. That will cool the young-uns down.

Have a great day!
    Karen

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I don't think I could have made it through today without the ac! I feel for ya. All those hot sweaty little bodies, hope you had plenty of popsicles on hand. lol!

I got a nasty sunburn yesterday when we hit the beach. I (foolishly) decided I would wait a while before putting sunscreen on so I could get a little color. Duh! My back is lobster-ized! Ow, ow, ow, ow! I stayed inside with the kids and we watched movies and cleaned up around the house instead of gardening. I did go out in the late afternoon to pot up some plants that I just got into some bigger containers to let the roots grow out a bit. I made sure I stayed in the shade. Any direct sun was making me say ow, ow, ow, ow all over again. lol!

{{gwi:1271851}}

• nikkineel
    15 years ago

Sonja, I am so happy that you are pleased with your box and everything arrived healthy. I didn't have much luck with food names but I hit gold when I visited your wishlist. I had many of the bulbs you were looking for. I hope everyone is having a happy July. Mine is going so quickly and I have to return to work in just a couple of weeks (I'm a teacher). The garden is new every day. This is a great month!!! My camera is on the blink which is making me crazy - I hate missing all these blooms on film. Have a great weekend! Nikki

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi Karen, I have the DC# for your prize box. It is 0103 8555 7494 6665 3854. I hope you enjoy it, and if you are feeling kindly toward the DH maybe you might feel like sharing it with him. (*grin*)

Tracy

• pixiesluvplants
    15 years ago

Hi all,

Lisa, don't you worry about them surviving the winter, if they don't then come spring I'll just send you more! ;).

Its very hot and dry here again but at least we get some rain occassionally. I decided to see if "Rebs" would do ok at the doggy park that they have here in Katy lol, he did great until three other doggies showed up, I kept him on a leash as this was his first time. I don't know whether he was mad because I wouldn't let him off the leash to play or mad because I wouldn't let him off the leash to go after one of the other doggies. Oh well, we left and I honestly think that I almost made him have heat stroke. He got too hot, dummy me knew better than to take him to a park at 1 in the afternoon! Boxers have the short snout so they aren't as tolerant to heat as dogs with longer noses. Oh well, going to try Mud tomorrow to see if she does better around other dogs.

I am packing up boxes that are going out tomorrow or by the latest Weds. With this drought going on I really got behind on things. It sure is nice having the pool now!

Sending ya cyber aloe for your sunburn Ducky!

Smiles,
    Pixie

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    15 years ago

(Slathering on cyber aloe)AH! Much better now! lol! The sunburn is not as painful today. I really did get roasted. Today was the first day I could spend some time in the sun. Even with light clothes on top the heat has been too much on my skin. Thank goodness the worst is over. Hopefully the pealing will be minimal. I always hate that part. Gross! I did use your tea bag method and it cooled it down pretty well that first day. Thanks for the tip!

• nikkineel
    15 years ago

Hi all. I wanted to let Melissa know that the Wild Mustang Daylily she sent me in the May I Give from the Heart swap is in full bloom and it is BEEUUTiful!!! My camera is on the blink but I took a fuzzy shot from my cellphone. I just can't figure out how to send it to photobucket. Anyone have tips?? Another is about to bloom also, I'll have to check for the name. I wasn't expecting them to bloom until next year so I'm tickled pink:) I hope you all are seeing something new blooming in your gardens. Have a great week. Nikki

• karenh71867
    15 years ago

Tracy, if hubby is good, I maaayy just share, lol. Can't wait to see what it is!! Today was his birthday. I made him a chocolate cake with chocolate frosting and vanilla ice cream on the side. Yummmm!

Glad to hear your sunburn is starting to get better!

Good Night,
    Karen

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hiya Nikki, if you look at your photobucket album you will see the options on the top right side of the screen that says upload from "your computer, web url, cell phone or email", choose cell phone and then it will give you the email address to send your pictures straight from your cell to your photobucket account. I just did it for the first time the other day. They will send you a confirmation text message back to your cell. I don't know how to turn that part off though. I got a little annoyed at my phone buzzing every time I uploaded another pic! lol!

Hey Karen, Mmmmmm, that cake and ice cream sound awesome! Chocolate cake and frosting are one of my favs! Especially the recipe on the back of the hersheys cocoa box! Yum! Happy Birthday to your hubby! I hope he got all he wished for.

Nighters!

Tracy

• karenh71867
    15 years ago

I'm doin a happy dance again!! :) Tracy, I received the prize box today, and LOVE it!

I have the wine chillin in the refrigerator(this is Tracy's fav.!), and I'm THINKING about sharing it with the hubby. lol.. I love the flowers, Echinacea 'Sunrise' (really love this one!) and Daylily 'Black Jack Cherry'. I've googled this one, and it is a beauty also! And Yippee!! Real beach shells!! (psst..they are real, right? You're not pulling my leg, are ya?? I have trust issues when it comes to shells!! lol) Thank you so much for the wonderful prize box! I love how you wrapped everything with such pretty tissue wrap. Oh, and the shells came in a really cute little round wooden box, and there was also a nice card with a note inside. You made my day!!

Karen

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Karen, I am so glad the box got there safe and sound! I was really sweating it with the wine bottle. I was so afraid it would break! LOL, yes they are real seashells! That is what took so long in sending the box, I knew I had a decent collection around here somewhere and had to find them, once I asked my oldest son where they were he found them right away. There are a few oyster shells in there too though, lol:o) I hope you like the wine! It really is my favorite. I'm so glad you like the plants too. Happy planting!

Tracy

• karenh71867
    15 years ago

I thought there may be an oyster shell or 2 in there, but wasn't sure, and didn't want to sound like a dummy asking! lol If I couldn't figure them out 20 yrs ago....lol. and those were much bigger. I should've known something was up! The wine made it just fine. I plan on having it after supper. I'll suprise hubby with it! Thanks again!

Karen

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    15 years ago

You know me, I can't resist the urge to tease when I have a chance. It truly is a flaw of mine that I can't seem to get rid of no matter how much I try! Are you serving the oyster shells to hubby for dinner? (Giggle)

• karenh71867
    15 years ago

Darn!! Too late, he's eating now. I should have read this while I was making supper. (I ate my supper in front of the computer) I did show him them when he came home from work and he thought it was pretty funny, the oyster shells. Stinkers!! :) lol. I think that bottle of wine is calling for me.......

Talk to you later!
    Karen

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Great! Now I'm a stinker too? *Smirk* Ugh, I can't believe you didn't get my post in time for dinner! I would have busted up laughing if you did it! Raise a glass and toast to love and laughter, life wouldn't be so much fun without either.

Hugs,

Tracy